News + Discussions relating to race (no racism)

most viewed right now
 64
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 36
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #201
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 Eminence Grise said:
Well, a lot of today's blacks adamantly state that segregation would be good for the black community and actually blame integration for all the ills of the black community. In short, black people don't know wtf they want.
Must of been hard work to survey every black person and make that sound conclusion.
 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM         #202
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
Black people and black culture have never fully been accepted and respected by mainstream America. This is why these things exist. One clear example is in the media. How many non-stereotypical depictions of black ppl do we see in major Holllywood films, video games, TV shows, etc.? We've learned that if we want something done for us, we have to do it ourselves even if we are only 13% of the population.
progress demands revision. how much respect were blacks given 150 years ago? the world is changing, power through.

I'm all for the go getter mentality, but if you seclude yourself from the masses, you'll never tap into that energy. you can connect with all blacks, or you can connect with all people.
 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM         #203
M4Maytion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
but they give blacks a reason not to integrate with the rest of society. only difference is its their decision
you can not speak for me, I have no reason to segregate myself from the rest of society or the world. how else does 1 expect to learn and mature if he/she segregates themselves from the world?

 Frank Hampton said:
Must of been hard work to survey every black person and make that sound conclusion.
lol, true sh*t.
 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM         #204
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M4Maytion said:
I see what you are attempting to say but those aren't good examples for the simple fact that that website, television company and school is not a "Black's Only" place. there are many ethnicities present in all 3
by the way im not quite buying that either. BET sure, but how many of Howard's students are white? what percentage of black planet is non black?
 04-08-2013, 05:17 PM         #205
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M4Maytion said:
you can not speak for me, I have no reason to segregate myself from the rest of society or the world. how else does 1 expect to learn and mature if he/she segregates themselves from the world?
I guess that's the point of my thread. I'm not saying they're FORCED to segregate themselves. But they have, in the name of comfort, or insecurity, or peer pressure, etc...
 04-08-2013, 05:21 PM         #206
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mods ban this troll

that what i just wrote, then i saw the join date... now im confused
 5 years ago '07        #207
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
 M4Maytion said:
I definitely can not agree with that mind set



Although I do believe stereotypical depictions exist, to say that Black people & Black culture hasn't been fully accepted is crazy. it's accepted and hated at the same time, which (in my humble opinion) is why things are they way they are because of the clashing of opinions and ideals.
It has been accepted (if you wanna call it that) but not fully understood by all. For example, we can look back a 50-60 years ago and see how important black music was to everyone - especially non-black people. At the same time, many parts of the nation were very segregated and still had prejudice towards AA. This tells a lot.

Things have begun to change but are the masses fully prepared to embrace black American culture in a nonbiased way or will it continue to be mocked, stereotyped, and pushed into the corner?

Many black people try to connect to all people, but Afro Americans are a minority group in America. Just about every minority group uses similar techniques to target specific demographics. This is not some unique case. If we are going to target African American segregation, then we might as well push for every minority group to figure out ways to target broader demographics.


Last edited by Playa; 04-08-2013 at 05:38 PM..
 04-08-2013, 05:38 PM         #208
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
mods ban this troll

that what i just wrote, then i saw the join date... now im confused
its cool bruh
 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM         #209
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
It has been accepted (if you wanna call it that) but not fully understood by all. For example, we can look back a 50-60 years ago and see how important black music was to everyone - especially non-black people. At the same time, many parts of the nation were very segregated and still had prejudice towards AA. This tells a lot.

Things have begun to change but are the masses fully prepared to embrace black American culture in a nonbiased way or will it continue to be mocked, stereotyped, and pushed into the corner?

Many black people try to connect to all people, but Afro Americans are a minority group in America. Just about every minority group uses similar techniques to target specific demographics. This is not some unique case. If we are going to target African American segregation, then we might as well push for every minority group to figure out ways to target broader demographics.
i can dig it bruh. and i think a lot of what you're saying comes from the way MEDIA portrays blacks, which is not necessarily the opinion of the rest of the country.

I'm not pushing for anything but awareness.
 04-08-2013, 06:04 PM         #210
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who the fuk is pro segregation

put this guy on ur ignore list
 04-08-2013, 06:06 PM         #211
M4Maytion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
I guess that's the point of my thread. I'm not saying they're FORCED to segregate themselves. But they have, in the name of comfort, or insecurity, or peer pressure, etc...
but they haven't though, it's only your perception that they have and with all due respect, it is a false and erroneous perception.
 04-08-2013, 06:07 PM         #212
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who owns and are in the leadership positions in those organizations OP?! You gotta be fu*kin kiddin me There HAS to be and WILL be a destruction and rebuilding of MY nation through righteousness and the spirit of the Most High but America was built on the blood, sweat and tears of so called blacks...Without havin power and authority in no societal realm, who's REALLY doin the segregating?! And if they were, would you blame em after the treacherous hate that so called blacks haved experienced in this nation from the inception up til today? And tommorrow?
 04-08-2013, 06:17 PM         #213
M4Maytion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
It has been accepted (if you wanna call it that) but not fully understood by all. For example, we can look back a 50-60 years ago and see how important black music was to everyone - especially non-black people. At the same time, many parts of the nation were very segregated and still had prejudice towards AA. This tells a lot.

Things have begun to change but are the masses fully prepared to embrace black American culture in a nonbiased way or will it continue to be mocked, stereotyped, and pushed into the corner?

Many black people try to connect to all people, but Afro Americans are a minority group in America. Just about every minority group uses similar techniques to target specific demographics. This is not some unique case. If we are going to target African American segregation, then we might as well push for every minority group to figure out ways to target broader demographics.
To be honest though, as I have stated in previous threads, It isn't about race to me. I want to be accepted as an individual based off my actions not my skin color. maybe accepting or rejecting people based off race is the wrong mentality to begin with.

The entire Black race doesn't speak for me, just as I do not speak for the entire race. we all grow up around different environmental and societal factors which means you can not compare the want's and need's of a Black Man/Woman in Washington State to the want's and need's of a Black Man/Woman in New England.
 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM         #214
M4Maytion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
Who owns and are in the leadership positions in those organizations OP?! You gotta be fu*kin kiddin me There HAS to be and WILL be a destruction and rebuilding of MY nation through righteousness and the spirit of the Most High but America was built on the blood, sweat and tears of so called blacks...Without havin power and authority in no societal realm, who's REALLY doin the segregating?! And if they were, would you blame em after the treacherous hate that so called blacks haved experienced in this nation from the inception up til today? And tommorrow?
why do you want to destroy anything through violence and mayhem? and how do you know for sure that the being you call God is going to come down here and smite "wrong doers"?

And it is false to suggest that no blacks hold authority in any societal realm, and I am not excusing slavery but ....
1). Slavery didn't begin nor did it end with the trans-atlantic slave trade
2). Slavery did no happen in me and your life time, so for us to house that mentality is counterproductive. our ancestors who actually suffered through slavery and after it's "official" outlawing, have the right to feel that way but You and I have not experienced NONE of the traumatic events they have.
 04-08-2013, 06:30 PM         #215
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M4Maytion said:
why do you want to destroy anything through violence and mayhem? and how do you know for sure that the being you call God is going to come down here and smite "wrong doers"?

And it is false to suggest that no blacks hold authority in any societal realm, and I am not excusing slavery but ....
1). Slavery didn't begin nor did it end with the trans-atlantic slave trade
2). Slavery did no happen in me and your life time, so for us to house that mentality is counterproductive. our ancestors who actually suffered through slavery and after it's "official" outlawing, have the right to feel that way but You and I have not experienced NONE of the traumatic events they have.
Who said anthing about violence and mayhem?! Who said anything about God "going to come down here and smite wrong doers?" The spirit ain't in you 1) Correct 2) You're obvoiusly conditioned, ignorant and/or blind. You don't know me, my family, friends or experiences buddy...You sound like a real **** chump-ol Herman Cain type **** FOH weenie
 04-08-2013, 06:34 PM         #216
M4Maytion  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
Who said anthing about violence and mayhem?! Who said anything about God "going to come down here and smite wrong doers?" The spirit ain't in you 1) Correct 2) You're obvoiusly conditioned, ignorant and/or blind. You don't know me, my family, friends or experiences buddy...You sound like a real **** chump-ol Herman Cain type **** FOH weenie
It's a discussion, I am not bashing you but I am wondering about your mindset with this. You said through the Spirit of the Most high, and usually when people invoke the creators name and uses the word destruction within the same sentence, it doesn't mean a peaceful change.

and you still on the name calling when all I did was question your stance?
 04-08-2013, 06:38 PM         #217
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M4Maytion said:
It's a discussion, I am not bashing you but I am wondering about your mindset with this. You said through the Spirit of the Most high, and usually when people invoke the creators name and uses the word destruction within the same sentence, it doesn't mean a peaceful change.

and you still on the name calling when all I did was question your stance?
Nicca you already know my mindset
 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM         #218
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matt504 said:
seems to me like most Blacks do as much as they can to integrate into this system as best as they can.

there's only a very very small minority of African Americans who want to seriously segregate from White's.
Thank you 504! If anyone just pays attention to simple a.ss "pop culture" they could see that...But my observations and understanding let's me know how far and wide this "intergration" thing goes...
 04-08-2013, 09:05 PM         #219
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
who the fuk is pro segregation

put this guy on ur ignore list
I created this thread because the last thing I want to see is segregation. Awareness breeds progress. Honestly you sound like the troll here.
 04-08-2013, 09:16 PM         #220
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M4Maytion said:
but they haven't though, it's only your perception that they have and with all due respect, it is a false and erroneous perception.
when one goes to a black college to prepare themselves for an integrated society. when you recognize your entertainment not simply as entertainment, but "black" entertainment...in other words, seperate from white, asian or latino entertainment...you're creating distance. when you go to your "black planet"....

some of you are trying to make me out to be the villain, but i'm sincere in my efforts to bring awareness. the bosses of some of these companies and networks may be white, and really it proves my point even further. Because if I were to take a survey, I doubt any blacks would say they want to segregate themselves, but these measures have been taken to subtly quarantine blacks, and to make it almost fashionable for them to feel different than everybody else. the boss is white, sure. but the consumer is who supports the business.

segregate is a loaded word, and maybe some of you who have posted previously had images of slavery or the civil rights movement come to mind when you read this, but that's not where i'm going at all. all i mean is that black culture has become notably distinctive, and to a degree, seperate.

dont mean to rub anyone the wrong way.


Last edited by Infamous B; 04-08-2013 at 09:26 PM..
Home         
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 14
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 2
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy