Remember how we use to watch PPV In the 90's? (Pics)Lmao

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
250 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #181
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,159 | Props total: 18423 18423

Be hoping to see a titty
 5 years ago '12        #182
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,815 | Props total: 1729 1729
Miss those days so much
 5 years ago '05        #183
youngdure 
space
space
$272 | Props total: 0 0
My cousin used to sell the black boxes. i remember my parents got him to lock the ppv channels so me and my brother wouldn't watch playboy and spice but would use it to unlock it for wwf ppvs. but i got the code from my cousin. F PC Enter .
They would lock it back but once they went to bed

kawgre12 said:
I remember when the spice channel became the hot network
hot network>>>
 5 years ago '12        #184
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
Lol no..... Who remembers having to record songs from the radio onto cassette tapes? Lol used to catch the song in the middle of it.
 5 years ago '12        #185
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
How bout when u didn't know how to search on the internet for lyrics.... U had to listen to the songs and write down the lyrics urself. U thought u been the sht in school cuz u could recite the lyrics With the other students. And since www bringing up games, what yall kno bout number munchers?? Lol
 5 years ago '12        #186
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
Goosebumps books.... Niccas used to buy the books just to admire the covers.
 5 years ago '05        #187
GST 
space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2404 2404
you know what was golden ? the nights when it unscrambled...sometimes even for a whole night..and sometimes just half the movie...then you wait around to see if it comes back
 5 years ago '12        #188
CaliSteppin 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,699 | Props total: 3395 3395
 TheMindOf said:
(Born in 88 but) Not necessarily.

The difference between 90's kids and 00's kids is that 9/11 changed everything

The 90's was such a fun/care free decade.. 9/11 made the 2000's so serious.

The tone of the united states changed during the last decade. It became a much different place for the youth.
I was born in 93 and I still remember going home after school and me and all of my friends would head to the park and play basketball, football, and baseball till like 9pm and we were only like 8 or 9 years old. But after 9/11 you had to leave the park earlier and some of my friends parents stopped being so care free
 5 years ago '12        #189
PseuDEEnym 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 2313 2313
Use to watch ppv wrestling like that aha
 5 years ago '11        #190
KDash3rdLetter 
space
space
$362 | Props total: 11 11
 Minister said:
playboy channel i was buggin

had the remote in my hand waitin for that door creak
F--kin' dead RNS. I used to count down the hours until the ebony block on the Spice network.
 01-18-2013, 12:25 AM         #191
donmeca2020  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn i remember that sh*t !!! used to be watching that sh*t. until we got the "ilegal" box got it unscrambled.
 5 years ago '05        #192
GST 
space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2404 2404
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
then u think u good so u get brave and change the channel... go back to it only to find out that its back to the squiggly lines

awww man

those were the days
 5 years ago '05        #193
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 youduglas said:
Remember when this was posted last year....
Wtf..
Sorry not all of us remember every single thread ever made. Some of us have a life outside of Boxden.

AND you only got 1k posts in 4 and a half years? You must just lurk the fu*k out of the site and remember every damn thing. That's impressive though homie. I respect the dedication and you being the repost monitor of the site
 01-18-2013, 01:13 AM         #194
Twelve  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
scrambled screen and soft jazz music.

TheMindOf said:
(Born in 88 but) Not necessarily.

The difference between 90's kids and 00's kids is that 9/11 changed everything

The 90's was such a fun/care free decade.. 9/11 made the 2000's so serious.

The tone of the united states changed during the last decade. It became a much different place for the youth.
Real sh*t. Everybody got so sensitive about everything. Had to watch what you said, and what you did more. People are still serious as hell about everything now.
 5 years ago '09        #195
jerryballa 
space
space
$1,585 | Props total: 0 0
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
If you aint grow up in the 90's then you wouldnt understand it.. this aint hatin on yall youngins it just is what it is..

You gotta understand we experienced the first REAL era of hiphop, video games, computers, portable music players, portable communication, internet

And when I say the REAL era I mean when technology first started to advance.... we was like the beta testers for all that sh*t b lol.. And as far as nickelodeon.. yall got the watered down version of it... the sh*t they showed in the 90s was ALOT different.

born in 1990 so literally grew up thru the 90s
 5 years ago '05        #196
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
If you aint grow up in the 90's then you wouldnt understand it.. this aint hatin on yall youngins it just is what it is..

You gotta understand we experienced the first REAL era of hiphop, video games, computers, portable music players, portable communication, internet

And when I say the REAL era I mean when technology first started to advance.... we was like the beta testers for all that sh*t b lol.. And as far as nickelodeon.. yall got the watered down version of it... the sh*t they showed in the 90s was ALOT different.
For real. I understand the younger kids think their generation was the sh*t because they had the internet their whole lives and technology was more advanced and had more cable options, but that's the reason they don't know how good being the beta testers were.

They don't know about waiting 45 minutes to download a song off Napster and being happy as fu*k to wait the 45 minutes, or how cool it was to be able to have a portable cd player and not a tape player. Or making your own mixes on cassettes by recording songs off the radio.

fu*k outta here with that "our generation was better because we had Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel" bullsh*t.

5 years ago '05        #197
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
 GST said:
you know what was golden ? the nights when it unscrambled...sometimes even for a whole night..and sometimes just half the movie...then you wait around to see if it comes back

Completely forgot that sh*t was unscrambled like that sometimes.

When it was...
 5 years ago '12        #198
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,815 | Props total: 1729 1729
 Philly B said:
For real. I understand the younger kids think their generation was the sh*t because they had the internet their whole lives and technology was more advanced and had more cable options, but that's the reason they don't know how good being the beta testers were.

They don't know about waiting 45 minutes to download a song off Napster and being happy as fu*k to wait the 45 minutes, or how cool it was to be able to have a portable cd player and not a tape player. Or making your own mixes on cassettes by recording songs off the radio.

fu*k outta here with that "our generation was better because we had Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel" bullsh*t.

Those CD players with the radio too

Young n*ggas dont know about that original DVR. Had to stock up on these. So many taped Toonami sessions

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #199
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
hard times man....

surfing scattered channels just waiting.... had to use the imagination back then...
 5 years ago '11        #200
tall kan 2 
space
space
$15 | Props total: 1 1
Who remembers on the black box, Ice T used to roll around in a limo and introduce strippers on channel 32? I remember the O.J. bronco chase days!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy