most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
230 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
Damn I was looking forward to this album cause he said part 2 wassupposedto be nothing but bars and lyrics smh.

Who gives a fuk what n*ggas in the hood listen to, you mustbeoneof themdudes that try to playsh*t to impress others. You know that ninja that be like I got that new ross.
 5 years ago '07        #62
YUNGONNA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,168 | Props total: 144 144
 Ward22 said:
If the album sounds like his new song I'm good

5 years ago '06        #63
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 HugeBBC said:
Emotional f*ggot, I Hate This n*gga
This...
 5 years ago '09        #64
EnricoChiesa 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,414 | Props total: 761 761
this guy is a grade a d!ckhead
 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM         #65
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man I really that n*ggas music, but it's hard to like him as a person when he's being emo all the damn time. He has the emotional stability of a high school freshman female. Just make some good music.

5 years ago '10        #66
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
fahrenheit 9/11 series >>>>
 5 years ago '05        #67
n00ner 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,011 | Props total: 19 19
Any album that has two Part 2's in the title shouldn't be made anyway.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #68
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,209 | Props total: 24682 24682
 CTR said:
lupe is a fu*king sell out. couple of hit records and he forgets all about the love he got from the underground.
n*gga shut the fu*k up. I dont hear lupe on club tracks or strip club joints. I NEVER hear that n*gga on the radio. And his last album was all about some political sh*t......like literally the entire damn thing. And hes a sell out why?? n*gga i used to fu*k with underground heavy (P.o.s, atmosphrere, R.A stay in my playlist). and the honest truth is most of those n*ggas suck. The only reason f*ggots like you fu*k with them is because you think listening to that bs makes you more "real" . You the type of n*gga to play some Immortal Technique at a party bc People need to hear some "real hip hop". stop it.
 5 years ago '09        #69
Marwan 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,496 | Props total: 96 96
fu*k this n*gga man.
 5 years ago '10        #70
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 Brolic757 said:
Kendrick is pushing this n*gga. Thats thr competition he needed. Now lu is about to drop a bomb on that a.ss
Yep...we'll see. Kendrick snatched a lot of rappers' souls tho.
 5 years ago '04        #71
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,703 | Props total: 23201 23201
 blacdood said:
I dont check for this guy anymore.
I stopped checking for the n*gga after the cool
 5 years ago '04        #72
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,752 | Props total: 1566 1566
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
its simple...chicago is like lupe's kid and these deaths prolly hurt his heart. that and his last album just didnt sit well with me. it was nice songs just sounded like i was getting grounded or somethin.
cut it out.....

I respect n*ggas opinion but lot of yall on here just sound like yall are all speaking from cue cards or somthin, its like yoall n*ggas dont even take time to listen to and fully digest the art I hate todays rap fans too entitled....

I'm not getting on you specifically just n*ggas in general.....too much ignorance

its one thing to not like the creative direction but even then you'd be able to find things you did like about the album Cause its in no way bad. but yall just go overboard with the n*ggadom "awe this n*gga talking bout uplifting us and n sh*t don't nobody wanna hear that on ever song this sh*t wack"

-OR-

"maing fu*k this political Lupe he needs to get back on his original Food and liquor sh*t and stop all this preaching conscious bullsh*t"

Lupe's been conscious since he debuted the only difference between F&L and F&L2 is the perspective he's rapping from and the range of topics he's touching, Food and Liquor was primarily about his hood and telling sh*t from his perspective being in the hood but being detached from it due to how he was raised, he still spoke on all the elements about sh*t being fu*ked up and what not F&L2 STILL touches on alot of those things but it casts a much wider net and talks about the plight of black america and this country as a whole hence the sub title the great AMERICAN rap album, he's supposed to GROW and continue to talk about sh*t in six years not just give you an album full of bars......(which F&L 2 still has)

SMH I love the Retail version of F&L but I wish he could have released it the way he wanted, The concept FOOD and Liquor was supposed to display the Good and the bad so by very definition the album was designed to be preachy and uplifting.....

so many song that would have better re-enforced the concept got cut cause he couldn't get the samples cleared that where songs like i gotcha, kick push and sunshine came from.....

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

I really wish these joints would have made it to better paint that picture and it would show the maturity in F&L 2 also

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 01-18-2013 at 01:49 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #73
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
^^^ I feel like you're reaching a little for reasons that people are just hating on Lupe, rather than they just don't like his current music or persona. I fall into that category. I honestly didn't care for his last album, & you can't chalk that up to just wanting to dislike it and find things wrong with an album that was really good or close to perfect. I just didn't like it, hands down.

And the sh*t that he says/does just feels like stunts to me nowadays, like he's just saying out there sh*t for shock value and almost always goes back on it/cancels his projects. How many times has he cancelled albums and announced retirements now???

Also I feel that you're going way too hard on the not wanting him to be conscious aspect, as you point out, he was ALWAYS pretty conscious and people want him to go back to his early style, so it can't really be the subject matter that's the problem can it?
 5 years ago '04        #74
ddubb21 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 4 4
 PCP MC said:
^^^ I feel like you're reaching a little for reasons that people are just hating on Lupe, rather than they just don't like his current music or persona. I fall into that category. I honestly didn't care for his last album, & you can't chalk that up to just wanting to dislike it and find things wrong with an album that was really good or close to perfect. I just didn't like it, hands down.

And the sh*t that he says/does just feels like stunts to me nowadays, like he's just saying out there sh*t for shock value and almost always goes back on it/cancels his projects. How many times has he cancelled albums and announced retirements now???

Also I feel that you're going way too hard on the not wanting him to be conscious aspect, as you point out, he was ALWAYS pretty conscious and people want him to go back to his early style, so it can't really be the subject matter that's the problem can it?
this guy gets it. sums it up perfectly. his music fell off and he became a little emotional bi*ch about everything. point blank period. fu*k lupe
 5 years ago '04        #75
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 PCP MC said:
I'm not reaching on anything I reading what people are saying and giving my opinion on it I can respect pplt not liking something but alot of these negative posts are out of ignorance straight up

If you personally didn't like it for whatever reaspn thats cool but act like n*ggas aint just running with the lupe hate lately

ddubb21 said:
this guy gets it. sums it up perfectly. his music fell off and he became a little emotional bi*ch about everything. point blank period. fu*k lupe
sums up my point exaclty.....the ignorance

PCP MC said:
stunts for what though? its not like he's getting anything out of it personally or fame wise the guy just marches to the beat of his own drum and says what he feels sometimes to his detriment, like the twitter sh*t he closed that page a good week ago and just left a message for his fans its not like he held a press conference to tell n*ggas he's leaving twitter....

and as far as him cancelling an album concept who hasn't done that? and had it make headlines Nas has also done this multiple times Kanye has done it 50 has done it even Fat jow has done he's an artist if he's not feeling the concept he has the right to change its not like he said he's not releasing anymore music alot of those song for F&L2pt2 may very well find their on a new project.....

PCP MC said:
how am I going hard on not wanting him to be conscious, he's been rapping about that conscious sh*t, hes STILL rdoing it once again i was merely quoting what I've read in this thread a does he just widened the scope to fit the concept of the album people want him to go back to his "old style" which is what exactly? cause he still spitting about the same topics since album one, you cant even say the bars aint there so what exactly is his old style?

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 01-18-2013 at 02:42 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #76
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
 Ra-da-god said:
stunts for what though? its not like he's getting anything out of it personally or fame wise the guy just marches to the beat of his own drum and says what he feels sometimes to his detriment, like the twitter sh*t he closed that page a good week ago and just left a message for his fans its not like he held a press conference to tell n*ggas he's leaving twitter....
I don't know what the stunts are for but I keep seeing them in all the contradictory sh*t that he says/does, the most recent example performing at Obama's inauguration. What you see as marching to the beat of his own drum I see as either A) continually going back on his statements and qualifying them later or B) he is constantly misrepresenting what he believes and has to return to clear it up after the fact. This has been going on for years and years now, back to the ATCQ "fiasco."

With a few of these things taken separately like now with the Twitter thing it might look like innocent misunderstandings but taken as a whole, it starts to look more and more like he's just seeking attention.

Ra-da-god said:
and as far as him cancelling an album concept who hasn't done that? and had it make headlines Nas has also done this multiple times Kanye has done it 50 has done it even Fat jow has done he's an artist if he's not feeling the concept he has the right to change its not like he said he's not releasing anymore music alot of those song for F&L2pt2 may very well find their on a new project.....
To answer your question with another question, who has done that more than Lupe?? Out of his four albums in seven years, the 1st was almost cancelled and pretty much disavowed when it dropped as not what he wanted. The 2nd came and then a 3rd announced triple-disc album which was never released, a 3rd album came out that was supposedly not at all what he wanted (until after its release when it did well and he took credit for it), and a 4th album that didn't do well so he cancels the 2nd half of it. If you're (or were) a fan like me who is/was waiting each project for something quality, and didn't find it, this can be extra frustrating.

Ra-da-god said:
how am I going hard on not wanting him to be conscious, he's been rapping about that conscious sh*t, hes STILL rdoing it once again i was merely quoting what I've read in this thread a does he just widened the scope to fit the concept of the album people want him to go back to his "old style" which is what exactly? cause he still spitting about the same topics since album one, you cant even say the bars aint there so what exactly is his old style?
I agreed that he's still spitting the same topics so my reasoning is, it can't be the subject matter that people don't like. If they say that then I agree that it's ignorance or hating. However the "old style" people like myself have been waiting for is a return to the optimistic soul tracks instead of these stuttering space sounds or sad, lonely pity-me music. I LOVED "All Black Everything" & honestly just wish he would have done the whole album that way...

Last edited by PCP MC; 01-18-2013 at 04:42 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #77
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 PCP MC said:
I don't know what the stunts are for but I keep seeing them in all the contradictory sh*t that he says/does, the most recent example performing at Obama's inauguration. What you see as marching to the beat of his own drum I see as either A) continually going back on his statements and qualifying them later or B) he is constantly misrepresenting what he believes and has to return to clear it up after the fact. This has been going on for years and years now, back to the ATCQ "fiasco."

With a few of these things taken separately like now with the Twitter thing it might look like innocent misunderstandings but taken as a whole, it starts to look more and more like he's just seeking attention.

To answer your question with another question, who has done that more than Lupe?? Out of his four albums in seven years, the 1st was almost cancelled and pretty much disavowed when it dropped as not what he wanted. The 2nd came and then a 3rd announced triple-disc album which was never released, a 3rd album came out that was supposedly not at all what he wanted (until after its release when it did well and he took credit for it), and a 4th album that didn't do well so he cancels the 2nd half of it. If you're (or were) a fan like me who is/was waiting each project for something quality, and didn't find it, this can be extra frustrating.

I agreed that he's still spitting the same topics so my reasoning is, it can't be the subject matter that people don't like. If they say that then I agree that it's ignorance or hating. However the "old style" people like myself have been waiting for is a return to the optimistic soul tracks instead of these stuttering space sounds or sad, lonely pity-me music. I LOVED "All Black Everything" & honestly just wish he would have done the whole album that way...
Well Said.

All Black everything is my Fav Lupe song. I can listen to that lupe all day.

Ra had some points too both yall really.
 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM         #78
Leezee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For everyone saying "the hood don't fuks wit him"....... NO BODY CARES, THE HOOD DON'T SELL ALBUMS. AND FOR ALL YOU GUYS THINKING THAT IT DOES AND ACTUALLY BELIEVE SOME OF THESE RAPPERS AND ALL OF THEIR AWESOME HOOD STORIES, YOUR HIP-HOP SHEEP!
 5 years ago '04        #79
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 PCP MC said:

ok so he contradicts himself alot the n*gga is not a political leader he's a rapper and a human being Nas and 2pac or notorious for the same sh*t just because he's performing at Obama's inauguration doesn't mean he didn't mean what he said about him being comparative as a terrorist OR that he was wrong for the statement because he was saying what he felt at the time just like Kanye made that statement about bush but defended him a couple years ago....

Contradiction is a part of being human non of us are perfect and at the end of the day NONE of that personal/media sh*t has anything to do with the quality of his music

PCP MC said:
to answer your question Nas is up there dude has promised or laid out quite a few projects that never saw the light of day doesn't effect how I feel about the sh*t he did put out. I'm an artist and I can tell you first hand sh*t happens you throw away alot of music before you get that handful of songs you are comfortable presenting to your fans.....

now on to the sh*t he did put out....

with F&L He had to the right to speak on what happened behind the scenes alot artist dont but lupe is outspoken so he chose to, first he had to alter the album because there was a handful of songs that hand sample issues (thats normal) so he revised it and put together another version he was confident in then the album leaked and atlantic made him go back in and record a bunch of new records to make up for it, the very same fans that bootlegged the leak then critisized lu because they felt the retail was too commercial and he spoke out I dont blame that n*gga I woulda spoke up too n*gga put in work to make a special debut and got fu*ked by his fans and the album still ended being critically praised you can't knock him for defending himself....

Lupend never dropped because the Label wouldn't open up a budget for it what you want him to do? thats out of his control, its not like Lupe lied on Atlantic Lil brother went through the same sh*t with the "Get back" if your label doesn't wanna back you what can you do? if he had been quiet and said nothing yall n*ggas would be on here callin him lazy thats was really a damned if you do damned if you dont situation.....

now with Lasers I followed that album from the moment he announced it dude kept his fans updated every step of the way what do you want him to do? there are hella songs out there thats proves he wasn't 100% in creative control 9th wonder even came to bat for him on that so once again its not like he was lying about it

and furthermore he never said he didn't like the music on Lasers he said he hated the creative process behind SOME of the music because he was forced to do alot of sh*t as far as songs being already put together in concept and him being told to just rap over it (ex:Airplanes and nothing on you being Lupe's first). Now maybe alot of artist wouldn't have said sh*t but Lupe chose to speak to his fans and he didn't "take credit" like everything was all good he just manned up and got behind his creation again what would you have him do? just pout and complain you still gotta work once you release the music artist have been promoting music they didn't agree with for years Pink's first album had 0 input from her creatively but she got behind it all the same once you get in this sh*t you gotta do it and Lu did what he had to do....

you're reaching with F&L2 cause Lupe came right out the gate and said he didn't care what it sold he just wanted to put it out to prove a point so why would he cancel pt.2 due to part one not being successful when he said from the gate he didn't care about anything but his fans getting the album? like it or not that album was straight fan service he didn't hold any punches, sorry you were disappointed with it I wasn't I enjoyed it thought it was easily one of the best mainstream releases for 2012

PCP MC said:
However the "old style" people like myself have been waiting for is a return to the optimistic soul tracks instead of these stuttering space sounds or sad, lonely pity-me music. I LOVED "All Black Everything" & honestly just wish he would have done the whole album that way...
"n*ggas want my old sh*t by my old albums" - Jay-z

to quote that n*gga Wale "everybody wants to A&R at the worlds record label" So true, the thing I hate about hip hop fans especially is they wanna take the artist lock them in a box and make the music for them, if said artist come out with a groundbreaking piece of music rap fans wont let that album stand on its own no, they now want every album that artist does to sound just like "That Album" same sound n all. People call Lasers a techno album and it wasn't, it has like two electronic beats on it and n*ggas ran with it, what project has he made full of "lonely pity me" music? he gave you 4 high quality albums respect each of them for what are not what you were expecting, its not like any of them were close to being wack noone is saying you have to love everything about Lasers but when so called lupe fans say it was trash I have to ask compared to what? listen to the commercial releases for 2011 and tell me Lasers is garbage, same thing with Food and liquor 2, strange fruition,Lamborghini angels,bi*ch bad, put em up, form follows function, brave hearts Lupe went the fu*k in on that album n*ggas heard battle scars or how dare you and overshadowed the whole album over maybe two or 3 joints they might not have liked that sh*t is whack to me.....

with "fans" like that I dont blame Lupe for some of the sh*t he says it hard to love this sh*t but come to grips with alot of the ugly sh*t a.ssociated with the business side of this art form and its so called "fans"........
 5 years ago '04        #80
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
my reply may be a lil wordy but fu*k it tho bucket low.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
57 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy