Eminem - Encore (2004)

most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
434 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Big Fase 100 (Games Brother) Has Warning For Meek Mill on Siccness.net ..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Meek Mill Canceling His West Coast Shows?
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 28 - Breaking: Possible shooting at S.C. elementary school
40 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Out of 5??
1 378 13.83%
2 377 13.79%
3 696 25.46%
4 592 21.65%
5 691 25.27%
Voters: 2734. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

04-10-2006, 01:21 AM         #1881
Rip 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanx 4 the support yall! Peep us on MySpace:

04-10-2006, 01:41 AM         #1882
BriaNNichols 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its weak to me..diamonds in my watch piece str8
 04-10-2006, 03:46 AM         #1883
RINX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[CODE]
Track List
----------
01. Welcome 2 Da Backwudz 2:51
02. You Gonna Luv Me (Feat. 3:38
Milwaukee Black)
03. I Don't Like The Look Of It 4:04
(Oompa) (Feat. Caz Clay)
04. Getting 2 It (Feat. k!ller 3:55
Mike)
05. Makin' Money Counting Hundreds 3:54
06. The World Could Be Yours 4:19
07. Fantastic (Feat. Bohagon & 4:47
Jeff B)
08. I'll Do (Feat. Jasper) 3:55
09. Wood Grain (Interlude) 1:30
10. Whatcha Know 'Bout My Life 4:56
(Feat. Big Gipp)
11. Mama Always Told Me (Feat. 4:51
Sleepy Brown)
12. Feelin' Lonely 4:43
13. Lock And Load 4:15
14. Same Song 4:07
15. Smoke N Ride 6:54
16. You Gonna Luv Me (Remix) 3:49
(Feat. Nas & Slim Thug)
[/CODE]

Last edited by RINX; 04-10-2006 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: ...........
 10 years ago '06        #1884
24 Kalibur 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 8 8
4.5 IMO i liked it.
 04-11-2006, 08:36 AM         #1885
kamilo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good loooking out dawg props
 04-11-2006, 09:47 AM         #1886
Bacdafucup 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3/5 it was okay
 04-11-2006, 03:46 PM         #1887
B.VENEY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jin jus put out a jay-z diss.wat do u think he was thinkin?
 10 years ago '06        #1888
StillFree28 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,381 | Props total: 834 834
If you're talkin' about the track called "fu*k Jay-Z".......then it wasn't a diss. Jin was just proving the fact that beef grabs so much attention. I'll admit the only reason that I listened to the song is because I thought it was a diss. But yeah....its no diss, Jin even says Jay is one of his favorites on the track.
 10 years ago '06        #1889
freshwala 
space
space
$847 | Props total: 0 0
This album is actually really good and I personally recomend it, please take some time to apreciate the critic reviews I have gathered which should help promote his album.

Feel free to share your views if you agree or disagree and post your own review of the album if you already have it, thank me with props if you find my efforts help full.

Entertainment Weekly
Be's leanness signals awesome growth even without pushing sonic boundaries. [27 May 2005, p.136]

E! Online
A sprawling, varied disc that's as laid-back as a cool summer afternoon.

Spin
Even when the music flags, Common's remarkably hungry raps push it along. [Jun 2005, p.102]

Vibe
Overflowing with passion, honesty, and optimism, Be gets to the root of human experience--all the while staying beautifully soulful and funky. [Jun 2005, p.156]

Q Magazine
Common's best album so far, one that proves hip hop can be both smart and mainstream. [Jul 2005, p.114]

Filter
Although Kanye's production work has certainly been more spectacular in the past, his subtle tweaks and inversions on Be provide Com with a revamped template. [#16, p.94]

Pitchfork
The lack of instant-gratification couplets may disappoint at first, but each verse's rewarding intricacies become more evident with multiple listens.

cokemachineglow
Sure, there’s no “Watermelon” or “Communism”, but Be’s wit presents on a grander scale than a dependence on sprinkled, chucklable oneliners would allow.

Village Voice
West presents Common with a real challenge: rich rhythmic compositions that demand equally vivid verses. The elder MC responds with sharp Polaroid poetry, and the result of their collaboration is an uncluttered journalistic counterpoint to the rambling memoir that is The College Dropout.

Uncut
The record's feel, like West's College Dropout, offers a rich jukebox of gospel-tinged R&B flavours over which Common scatters his gems. [Aug 2005, p.97]

New Musical Express
Gives hope to a hip-hop stuck in a mire of mediocrity. [18 Jun 2005, p.64]

The Guardian
Though not quite 2005's best hip-hop album - [Kanye] West retains that honour for himself - Be is a lean and vibrant masterclass in hip-hop fundamentals.

The Onion (A.V. Club)
After blasting off into outer space with Electric Circus, Common returns to more solid ground with Be, but thanks to West, Poyser, and Jay Dee, the sounds are often nothing short of heavenly.

RapReviews.com
Common's naturally smooth flowing voice is a pleasure to listen to, making even the times when he is overreaching his grasp that much more tolerable in comparison to lesser peers.

PopMatters
Be is Common getting his "grown man" on.

Rolling Stone
West is the producer Common has been waiting for all of his career: He makes Common both catchier and edgier at the same time.

The New York Times
"Be" is certainly a triumph, but if it isn't quite the all-time classic Common was hoping for, that's because it sounds a bit too straightforward. [25 May 2005]

Blender
Be picks up where West's The College Dropout left off. [Jun 2005, p.113]

Prefix Magazine
The album is an extremely satisfying listen, but if Common is to lead the revolution, he has to make more of a statement than a great bass line and some tight rhymes.

All Music Guide
Be isn't likely to be referred to by anyone as groundbreaking, but it's one of Common's best, and it's also one of the most tightly constructed albums of any form within recent memory.

Tiny Mix Tapes
Regardless of the modernist leanings of Kanye's techniques, the album retains an organic feel that rivals Com's hemp beanie and Erykah Badu's incense.

ShakingThrough.net
Be won’t win many points for daring, but in terms of user-friendly hip-hop charged by a refreshingly positive undercurrent, it more than hits its hard-to-miss mark.

Paste Magazine
In a year that has also brought the envelope-pushing production work of Edan’s album Beauty and the Beast, the rehashed soul sometimes comes off limp, too content with itself and its well-worn form to challenge the genre’s status quo.

Dot Music
Lazily accomplished without ever truly igniting, a classy update on a slightly dated hip-hop sound.

Stylus Magazine
So frustrating then, for such a multitalented rapper, to have his supposed magnum opus weak, stale, and far more aged than we’d expect.

Slant Magazine
Each neo-soul nod to the R&B sound of Detroit, immediately post-Holland-Dozier-Holland, sounds more claustrophobic and limited than the last.
 10 years ago '06        #1890
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 1 1
I find it to be a classic album, but the only thing it lacks is risk. Testify can hardly count as a risk. All the songs are the same structure, and non really rebelled and stuck out.
 04-12-2006, 06:18 PM         #1891
Neel-khz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props on the review, im really feeling this album, commons on point and its an album that i personally haven't really had to skip a track on and its lyrical content is hot. dunno, like the dude above said, maybe some more different tracks that would have stood out more would hav completed it nicely but nevertheless im feelin this one

props agen on the review:rolleyes:
 04-12-2006, 06:36 PM         #1892
massou 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one the best intro's to an album ever

5/5
 04-12-2006, 06:44 PM         #1893
philly7sixer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lil' Wayne is hands down my favorite rapper i try to keep up with all his mixtapes and i've purchased all his cds. My friend gave me a link with alot of his albums on it, if your a Wayne fan like i am you will like this site it has alot of mixtapes i've never even heard of.

04-12-2006, 09:30 PM         #1894
C-Villian 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He got his point across though. Cuz everyone is talking about this track. They obviously aren't even listening to it though. He says over and over again its not a diss and he's got love for Hova.
 10 years ago '05        #1895
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,214 | Props total: 77 77
4/5 hot album
 04-13-2006, 06:26 AM         #1896
Born Supreme 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3/5 i was underwhelmed after all the hype
 04-13-2006, 07:40 AM         #1897
tr4n3*0N3|FUccK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 improvement since previus album

bumpin it right now...
 10 years ago '04        #1898
whoaitsme 
space
space
space
$512 | Props total: 0 0
What y'all think?

And please read the descriptors for each option...let's not have the usual inflated bx poll (even though it's bound to happen).

Last edited by whoaitsme; 04-14-2006 at 09:08 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #1899
highcalibermusi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,330 | Props total: 463 463
very good album but not a classic...maybe it will be but i dont hear it. But the album is very good, nuthin out like it right now.
 10 years ago '04        #1900
whoaitsme 
space
space
space
$512 | Props total: 0 0
Yeah I voted for it as a classic, but I think it should be a 4.

If he reworks this a little bit, I think the retail can be a legitimate 5 mics album classic.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
182 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
212 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
77 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - POLL OF POLLS: The people say Trump won it easily
222 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside OFFFICAL: Dom Kennedy "Los Angeles Not For Sale Vol. 1 (Anticipation/Di..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
70 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy