Eminem - Encore (2004)

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
79 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
92 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sean Kingston Files 900K Dollar Lawsuit After Chain Snatching Leaves H..
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Out of 5??
1 378 13.83%
2 377 13.79%
3 696 25.46%
4 592 21.65%
5 691 25.27%
Voters: 2734. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

11-04-2004, 10:02 AM         #121
ngrant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwatt2004 said:
P.d!cky for president. On the strength though, sh*t is good enough to stay in my cd player for a while. But I swear that some of these a**holes only say that the cd is garbage only to p!ss people off. Their the same ones the like Freeway and DIP SET

the bi*ches who dont respect what em has done on this album is the same ones who be drooling ove inconsuquential joe budden albums em is on some redman to the next level sh*t he desernes his!
 12 years ago '04        #122
Da Truth Spitta 
space
space
$1,413 | Props total: 3 3
I gave it 4 out of 5 boxes. Not especially for the lyrics, the beats are all sick. Dre hasn't lost it a bit. Not taking anything away from Em, but he beats seem to always sound to similar to Dre's. His lyrics are clever, but no where near where they were on The Slim Shady LP and The Marshall Mathers LP. Still a hot CD for Em tho.

Last edited by Da Truth Spitta; 11-04-2004 at 10:44 AM..
 11-04-2004, 10:54 AM         #123
xdZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people been saying dre fell off with the beats, he aint fell off. you just want gangsta hard core chronic beats. why would dre make them for em to rap over? the beats he did for EM were hot. wait for detox to hear the dre sh*t you like

Last edited by xdZ; 11-04-2004 at 10:54 AM..
 11-04-2004, 12:24 PM         #124
damo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's okay but, he aint talkin' bout sh*t on half the songs........
 12 years ago '04        #125
kc10785 
space
space
$4,203 | Props total: 50 50
the cd is ok its not as bad as people claim it to be i guess cuz it eminem yall think its going to be this great cd that everybody in the world have to get.In his last three cds he talk about gay ppl,his mother,his old gurl,his kid,and off the wall weird sh*t.So what do u excpected this to be talking about?1 out of 5 i give it a 3 1/2 its still worth getting the beats are nice as hell and even though he talking about some crazy sh*t on half the cd the guy can still rhyme.

I guess the cd wouldn't been a big let down if yall didn't hype it so much the real cds to hype is coming soon Nas cd and lil jon cd
 12 years ago '04        #126
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,308 | Props total: 70 70
I give this album a 4/5. Look at the title of the album "encore" and the cover "em is on stage bowing to a crowd." Eminem gave this album this title for a reason. Its supposed to be entertainment. Im satisfied. Im entertained. You guys are just dissapointed because u were expecting something else. Take the album for what it is and it is entertaining. Shake ya a.ss is funny as hell. lol. This concept can be applied to anything. Lets say for instance you take a test and expect that u aced it and think u got an A, and u get it back and u got a B. you would be dissapointed because u were expecting an A but if u werent expecting sh*t u would be pleased with that B. This album accomplishes its goal which is entertainment. Not only is ts entertainment but Em provides some dope lyrical tracks also. This album is great. fu*k what you guys are on. You all know Em is capable of creating a masterpiece if he wanted to.
 11-04-2004, 01:32 PM         #127
DeadLy CombO 47 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
very entertaining...4 songs on there very dumb...but eminem can make stupid sh*t lyrically good but without the childish and stupid sh*t its a good album....4/5
 11-04-2004, 02:37 PM         #128
hiphophoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2.5/5 only decent thing about this album is the dre beats and mosh other then that my statement of em fell off after mm album still stands

Last edited by hiphophoney; 11-04-2004 at 02:38 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #129
The Rzarector 
space
space
$3,974 | Props total: 0 0
Anotha HOTT album by Eminem.

Although Em get's a little too insane topic wise on tracks like Puke and Weenie Man, he still has crazy flow, sick, witty rhymes and an insane sense of humor. Not too original but you can just sit back and enjoy his lyrical skills over some nice production.

As usual Shady/Aftermath bring some hott sh*t beatwise, Em puts in a little creativity into his production combined with the usual bangin Dre sound. It's a bit different from the usual Dre sound but still not too original. But it's hott though!!

Should've skipped some of the goofy tracks and add those three tracks on the bonus disc to improve this album a little.

Also I think it's better then The Eminem Show, didn't really like that album. Think that was 3.5, this is 4.

Last edited by The Rzarector; 11-04-2004 at 04:33 PM..
 11-04-2004, 04:09 PM         #130
Zuhaltern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some of the worst sh*t I heard in a while I give it a 1 its just corny as hell.
 12 years ago '04        #131
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Man...I give it a 3/5....this is worse than any of his other albums...I normally like Eminem's sh*t, but I don't know what to think about this album, I am thinkin its a fake to stop bootleggin...
 11-04-2004, 05:21 PM         #132
HearingDeafOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas is crazy... 2/5. not feeling all the jokin around, but redeeming tracks:

Mockingbird
Toy Soldiers
Yellow Brick Road
Mosh
the one with 50 cent
 11-04-2004, 05:24 PM         #133
D.M.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most people voted 5? Holy.....moly
 12 years ago '04        #134
ABSOLUTE STYLE 
space
space
$1,874 | Props total: 0 0
I See This Cd As A Growing Experience For Em Because Right Now I Think He's Exploring His Creative Boundaries And He's Going To Realize What His Fans Like And Don't Like And Hopefully He Won't Have So Many Burp And Fart Noises Next Cd And Get A Little More On Topic With Some Of His Songs... Still A Decent Album I'm All About 2,3,4,and 20 And The More I Listen The More I Like It 3/5
 11-04-2004, 06:50 PM         #135
concise 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo this album is bomb....4/5 for sure....hes goin back to that crazy sh*t like the Slim Shady LP...some good tracks on this album..

peace
 11-04-2004, 06:54 PM         #136
charliethegreat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 concise said:
yo this album is bomb....4/5 for sure....hes goin back to that crazy sh*t like the Slim Shady LP...some good tracks on this album..

peace
I hope that was a joke.
Couldnt be more wrong (to me at least)
5 worthy tracks, Em has the potential to be one of the best (Mockingbird), this cd is some fun fair crap.
 12 years ago '04        #137
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,004 | Props total: 0 0
The man has never made a bad/wack album. That having been said, I think both the Marshall Mathers LP (his best one) and The Eminem Show are better than this...maybe even SSLP is too. This album seems like a combination of all three. The sick/silly sh*t from SSLP, the serious sh*t from MMLP, and the lyrical growth from TES. My main problem is that the silly/sick sh*t from SSLP was cool cuz we didn't know what to expect from him. We heard that and thought "This man is crazy, but he's pretty good." After his last two albums, which showed what he can really do, I don't wanna go back to that goofy sh*t. Someone mentioned the freestyle over "Got It Twisted," THAT'S the kinda sh*t I wanna hear. What's funny is that, eventhough I'm not really feeling the goofy sh*t on this album, the flow is still amazing. Those puke and fart and burp sounds are just stupid though. I know one thing, I don't see myself playing this album nearly as much as any of his previous 3 and, after listening to it several times trying to decide what I thought about it, I've started listening to MMLP. lol
 11-05-2004, 12:47 AM         #138
tryz13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem has said that he doesnt like all the fame so maybe he made this album so ppl would stop riding his d!ck. Plus Em is a smart dude, he knows what hes doing. Yeah Just Lose It was a corny song, but it got him back into the public eye which is what he wanted. With that being said, i wouldnt be suprised if some of the songs on here were fake and the actual album is a bit diff. If not its still a decent release. Some songs are pure fire like like toy soldiers and Mockingbird. The middle of the CD is quite diff but not to say its completely bad. 3.5/5
 12 years ago '04        #139
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
I listened to it after I read a lot of these Reviews and I figured out what the problem was as I went in thinking this cd was going to be trash. Well the cd is not trash actually its so far from trash its crazy. What every one was expecting was a more grown up em and a natural progression from the eminem show. actually he kinda regressed with his content just a lil which is what most are talking about the farting and all that other slim shady kinda stuff. But what makes this album so friggin hot is how dudes flow has matured and how he rides the beat now. Evil Genius is a perfect example thats a hot track. His flow is so good he makes you want to listen to puke and some other songs with content that you otherwise wouldn't care to ever here again. where this cd falls off is the production. ITs obvious DRE brings the best out of him and pushes him. when em gets on a track he produced he seems to regress a lil bit. over all the cd is good it will grow on some and sell like hotcakes. Once dudes start hearing some of those beats in their rides its over. Think about it like this if Eminem show is 4.5 this is a 4 or 4.2 if you will just cuz of his flow and the crazy dre tracks.
 11-05-2004, 07:05 AM         #140
jmsmackdown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tryz13 said:
Eminem has said that he doesnt like all the fame so maybe he made this album so ppl would stop riding his d!ck. Plus Em is a smart dude, he knows what hes doing. Yeah Just Lose It was a corny song, but it got him back into the public eye which is what he wanted. With that being said, i wouldnt be suprised if some of the songs on here were fake and the actual album is a bit diff. If not its still a decent release. Some songs are pure fire like like toy soldiers and Mockingbird. The middle of the CD is quite diff but not to say its completely bad. 3.5/5

wtf are you talking about..... contradict yourself mad times in this.....

'Eminem has said that he doesnt like all the fame'

and then....

'it got him back into the public eye which is what he wanted'

u obviously dont know what the fu*k you're talking about. get outta here
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dave East | Kairi Chanel (Official Mixtape/Album Discussion Thread)
111 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
191 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I can vouch for this. The game is this bad, no joke. One of the WORST P..
27 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
51 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
650 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy