Eminem - Encore (2004)

most viewed right now
+63  190
109 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Out of 5??
1 378 13.82%
2 377 13.78%
3 697 25.48%
4 592 21.64%
5 692 25.29%
Voters: 2736. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

14 years ago '04        #126
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,699 | Props total: 580 580
I give this album a 4/5. Look at the title of the album "encore" and the cover "em is on stage bowing to a crowd." Eminem gave this album this title for a reason. Its supposed to be entertainment. Im satisfied. Im entertained. You guys are just dissapointed because u were expecting something else. Take the album for what it is and it is entertaining. Shake ya a*s is funny as hell. lol. This concept can be applied to anything. Lets say for instance you take a test and expect that u aced it and think u got an A, and u get it back and u got a B. you would be dissapointed because u were expecting an A but if u werent expecting sh*t u would be pleased with that B. This album accomplishes its goal which is entertainment. Not only is ts entertainment but Em provides some dope lyrical tracks also. This album is great. fu*k what you guys are on. You all know Em is capable of creating a masterpiece if he wanted to.

11-04-2004, 02:32 PM         #127
DeadLy CombO 47 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
very entertaining...4 songs on there very dumb...but eminem can make stupid sh*t lyrically good but without the childish and stupid sh*t its a good album....4/5

11-04-2004, 03:37 PM         #128
hiphophoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2.5/5 only decent thing about this album is the dre beats and mosh other then that my statement of em fell off after mm album still stands

Last edited by hiphophoney; 11-04-2004 at 03:38 PM..

14 years ago '04        #129
The Rzarector 
space
space
$3,974 | Props total: 1 1
Anotha HOTT album by Eminem.

Although Em get's a little too insane topic wise on tracks like Puke and Weenie Man, he still has crazy flow, sick, witty rhymes and an insane sense of humor. Not too original but you can just sit back and enjoy his lyrical skills over some nice production.

As usual Shady/Aftermath bring some hott sh*t beatwise, Em puts in a little creativity into his production combined with the usual bangin Dre sound. It's a bit different from the usual Dre sound but still not too original. But it's hott though!!

Should've skipped some of the goofy tracks and add those three tracks on the bonus disc to improve this album a little.

Also I think it's better then The Eminem Show, didn't really like that album. Think that was 3.5, this is 4.

Last edited by The Rzarector; 11-04-2004 at 05:33 PM..

11-04-2004, 05:09 PM         #130
Zuhaltern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some of the worst sh*t I heard in a while I give it a 1 its just corny as hell.

14 years ago '04        #131
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Man...I give it a 3/5....this is worse than any of his other albums...I normally like Eminem's sh*t, but I don't know what to think about this album, I am thinkin its a fake to stop bootleggin...

11-04-2004, 06:21 PM         #132
HearingDeafOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas is crazy... 2/5. not feeling all the jokin around, but redeeming tracks:

Mockingbird
Toy Soldiers
Yellow Brick Road
Mosh
the one with 50 cent

11-04-2004, 06:24 PM         #133
D.M.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most people voted 5? Holy.....moly

14 years ago '04        #134
ABSOLUTE STYLE 
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 2 2
I See This Cd As A Growing Experience For Em Because Right Now I Think He's Exploring His Creative Boundaries And He's Going To Realize What His Fans Like And Don't Like And Hopefully He Won't Have So Many Burp And Fart Noises Next Cd And Get A Little More On Topic With Some Of His Songs... Still A Decent Album I'm All About 2,3,4,and 20 And The More I Listen The More I Like It 3/5

11-04-2004, 07:50 PM         #135
concise 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo this album is bomb....4/5 for sure....hes goin back to that crazy sh*t like the Slim Shady LP...some good tracks on this album..

peace

11-04-2004, 07:54 PM         #136
charliethegreat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 concise said
yo this album is bomb....4/5 for sure....hes goin back to that crazy sh*t like the Slim Shady LP...some good tracks on this album..

peace
I hope that was a joke.
Couldnt be more wrong (to me at least)
5 worthy tracks, Em has the potential to be one of the best (Mockingbird), this cd is some fun fair crap.

14 years ago '04        #137
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
The man has never made a bad/wack album. That having been said, I think both the Marshall Mathers LP (his best one) and The Eminem Show are better than this...maybe even SSLP is too. This album seems like a combination of all three. The sick/silly sh*t from SSLP, the serious sh*t from MMLP, and the lyrical growth from TES. My main problem is that the silly/sick sh*t from SSLP was cool cuz we didn't know what to expect from him. We heard that and thought "This man is crazy, but he's pretty good." After his last two albums, which showed what he can really do, I don't wanna go back to that goofy sh*t. Someone mentioned the freestyle over "Got It Twisted," THAT'S the kinda sh*t I wanna hear. What's funny is that, eventhough I'm not really feeling the goofy sh*t on this album, the flow is still amazing. Those puke and fart and burp sounds are just stupid though. I know one thing, I don't see myself playing this album nearly as much as any of his previous 3 and, after listening to it several times trying to decide what I thought about it, I've started listening to MMLP. lol

11-05-2004, 01:47 AM         #138
tryz13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem has said that he doesnt like all the fame so maybe he made this album so ppl would stop riding his d*ck. Plus Em is a smart dude, he knows what hes doing. Yeah Just Lose It was a corny song, but it got him back into the public eye which is what he wanted. With that being said, i wouldnt be suprised if some of the songs on here were fake and the actual album is a bit diff. If not its still a decent release. Some songs are pure fire like like toy soldiers and Mockingbird. The middle of the CD is quite diff but not to say its completely bad. 3.5/5

14 years ago '04        #139
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
I listened to it after I read a lot of these Reviews and I figured out what the problem was as I went in thinking this cd was going to be trash. Well the cd is not trash actually its so far from trash its crazy. What every one was expecting was a more grown up em and a natural progression from the eminem show. actually he kinda regressed with his content just a lil which is what most are talking about the farting and all that other slim shady kinda stuff. But what makes this album so friggin hot is how dudes flow has matured and how he rides the beat now. Evil Genius is a perfect example thats a hot track. His flow is so good he makes you want to listen to puke and some other songs with content that you otherwise wouldn't care to ever here again. where this cd falls off is the production. ITs obvious DRE brings the best out of him and pushes him. when em gets on a track he produced he seems to regress a lil bit. over all the cd is good it will grow on some and sell like hotcakes. Once dudes start hearing some of those beats in their rides its over. Think about it like this if Eminem show is 4.5 this is a 4 or 4.2 if you will just cuz of his flow and the crazy dre tracks.

11-05-2004, 08:05 AM         #140
jmsmackdown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tryz13 said
Eminem has said that he doesnt like all the fame so maybe he made this album so ppl would stop riding his d*ck. Plus Em is a smart dude, he knows what hes doing. Yeah Just Lose It was a corny song, but it got him back into the public eye which is what he wanted. With that being said, i wouldnt be suprised if some of the songs on here were fake and the actual album is a bit diff. If not its still a decent release. Some songs are pure fire like like toy soldiers and Mockingbird. The middle of the CD is quite diff but not to say its completely bad. 3.5/5

wtf are you talking about..... contradict yourself mad times in this.....

'Eminem has said that he doesnt like all the fame'

and then....

'it got him back into the public eye which is what he wanted'

u obviously dont know what the fu*k you're talking about. get outta here

14 years ago '04        #141
Part2 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 1 1
Absolutely terrible...has 3 songs which save it from getting a 0 (if i could give it one) but songs like Puke, Rainman, Big Weenie, a*s like that and Just Lose it are just plain crap. Not funny just purely terrible.

He's got no hunger and the only time he shows any venom is in toy soliders which is a nice track. Not happy.

11-05-2004, 11:15 AM         #142
FrankWhite 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Defjm said
this sh*t is hotness to me, im "thinking" of actually buyin this sh*t. its better than i thought it would be

Are you fu*king serious?! How old are you? This sh*t was the gayest and biggest disappointment of the year above Snoop Dogg's new "effort". Encore wasted the talent of everyone involved, including Eminem and especially of the best producer of all time, Dr. Dre. Em's flow is lazy, leaving me to believe that he gave up on this rap sh*t, and wants to be the next Britney Spears and be all pop; He wants to do gay sh*t that appeals to kids, so he can sell more. I hope that you all will spend your money on a better CD, and hell Ja's new CD was doper then this stupid sh*t. Not only has Eminem sold out, he's fallen off. Let's face the facts; his dopest albums are far behind him, and what are left are CDs that he claims are "Gangsta" that are really him subliminally wanting to fu*k dudes up the a*s and admiting that he's a racist and a homo.

Don't come back at me, I aint reading the fu*king replys. You can say whatever the fu*k you want about what I think, but admit it to yourself that Eminem is no longer dope, and get off his fu*king d*ck cause he's white and cop that new Game, The Documentary, a soon to be released, dope album with someone who is replacing Em, in mine and Dre's mind.

14 years ago '04        #143
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
dude said that Ja's album was better now I know this dude is nuts. Just by reading his sigs or whatever they are called on this forum he is a hater anyway so why even bother.

14 years ago '04        #144
dummyinacan 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,775 | Props total: 1 1
the lyrics r sick! i dont think most of u people listen to them....just listen close...album of the year 4 sure

11-05-2004, 04:02 PM         #145
Saltine_Escobar 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Encore was a mixed album...Definately has it's hot points but then also has some wack a*s sh*t on there that should'nt be....

01 Curtains Up [Encore Version] - #/#
02 Evil Deeds - 3/5
03 Never Enough ft. 50 Cent, Nate Dogg - 5/5
04 Yellow Brick Road - 5/5
05 Like Toy Soldiers - 5/5
06 Mosh - 4/5
07 Puke 4/5
08 My 1st Single - 2/5
09 Paul [Skit] - #/#
10 Rain Man - 1/5
11 Big Weenie - 1/5
12 Em Calls Paul [Skit] - #/#
13 Just Lose It - 3/5
14 a*s Like That - 0/5
15 Spend Some Time - 4/5
16 Mockingbird - 5/5
17 Crazy In Love - 4/5
18 One Shot 2 Shot - 2/5
19 Final Though [Skit] - #/#
20 Encore - 5/5

Some of the tracks sound like Hailie Jade wrote the lyrics to them. Don't Be Surprised if this isnt the actual retail album...You never know...Em expected thier to be some sort of leaking...But if it is, some of it is the fans fault for the album not being what is was expected...Imagine if Straight From The Lab never got leaked...That means that songs like Love You More, We As Americans, and Monkey See, Monkey Do would be on the album...And those are 4/5 to 5/5 range songs...

11-05-2004, 04:26 PM         #146
Korps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ I Agree With You... However... 'Ass Like That' Is Better Than JLI And Doesn't Deserve a 0/5.

And Crazy In Love Is A 5/5 From Me...

Apart From That... Good Ratings.

14 years ago '04        #147
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
i agree on alot but rain man is one of my favorite tracks...id give that 4/5

11-05-2004, 05:19 PM         #148
DilatedMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man the production on this album is pretty good. Em is steadily getting better as a producer. As far as the lyrics I like the fact that he could be serious on songs like Like a Toy Soldier or Mockingbird and be silly on songs like Rain Man or a*s Like That. It is entertaining and better than the Eminem Show.

14 years ago '04        #149
skillahmang 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,226 | Props total: 20140 20140
lol...this guy just doesnt give a fu*k...and its tight...alot of dr.dre beats..which are all tight..cant wait for the next album from that camp..50 or The game..expect nothing but the best...and ill expect the next em..to be his last..and probally an album like the black album..dat will defently shut the critics up...4/5 album...ass like that could of been alot better..the sample "ass like that" could of been a fu*kin hit..if he didnt goof on it...and just lose it..should of just not made the final cut..cuz its bullishhh

Last edited by skillahmang; 11-05-2004 at 06:46 PM..

11-05-2004, 06:57 PM         #150
u_dont_know_me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 phase_7 said
I agree ^^ that "rain man" is more of a 4-5/5 than a 1/5, plus if you cant get past the sub-par chorus's on "big-wheenie" and "my first single" where he spits fire...you're probablly looking at a perfect record.... I dont get why kids arent saying this isnt his best sh*t to date.
i second this post. those hooks fu*k both them tracks up and i doubt dude is gonna drop a totally different album next week, cause if there was a different version it would have leaked by now....u cant keep a milion+ cds hidden till the day b4 release

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  88
Image(s) inside Killer Mike coming through with the “Blood Pop” & the “Crip-A-Cola”
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+67online now  53
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
252 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+80online now  41
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
148 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+168online now  18
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
Jan 22 - WTF? Man forces flight attendant to wipe is booty
36 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+18online now  14
Ilovemakonnen was dropped from ovo because he brought his gay boyfriend to dra..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+77online now  13
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
162 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+79online now  8
Image(s) inside PAWG Krissy Taylor
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy