Image(s) inside GAME saying AR-AB running philly now
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she wanna play ball
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 24 - Cascade Mall Shooter Captured... ALIVE After Slaughtering 5 P..
34 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Out of 5??
1 378 13.83%
2 377 13.79%
3 696 25.46%
4 592 21.65%
5 691 25.27%
Voters: 2734. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

10-18-2005, 12:24 AM         #701
minitunes23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
even though mr. jz has the (what I call) the pop-rap flow, NAS has the full package and then some. To this day, HE STILL HASN'T FORGOTTEN where HE came from!!!!!!! And in that, that's why his lyrics (ILLMATIC) speaks with realness(also see and hear ICE-T's Original Gangster) and not just putting something out to impress!!!

You still get props for the THREAD!!!! :applause:

PEACE IN THE SPIRIT!!!! :)

minitunes23 :cool:
 11 years ago '04        #702
baller4ever85 
space
space
$2,240 | Props total: 5 5
Illmatic, production was crazy, lyrics were crazy, and it changed hip hop. everyone been tryin to make another illmatic since it dropped. i mean its so fu*kin classic, i mean reasonable doubt is tight too but its probably like in my top 15 and illmatic is my favorite.
 10-18-2005, 02:53 AM         #703
djblast 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
illmatic
 11 years ago '04        #704
Stimulate_uk 
space
space
$1,236 | Props total: 0 0
 Mz-Corleone said:
Illmatic!!..
Nas is a lyricist ....almost every track on that album is classic
one of my fav albums of all time :applause:

illmatic...is the greatest album created..if you are a real head you will know that NO album touches this..c'mon people
 10-18-2005, 09:15 AM         #705
-Skip- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
illmatic, one of the best albums ever imo
 10-18-2005, 09:17 AM         #706
**P$C** 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i did this thread like last week, damn.........
 10-18-2005, 11:06 AM         #707
monotone_2000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Classics, but imma go with hova cause he is a hip hop artist and not a rapper

hit a brotha up with some props and it will be returned
 11 years ago '04        #708
randy54 
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 16 16
reasonable doubt classic, shoud have went tripple
 10-18-2005, 11:45 AM         #709
Wally 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both are classics but I'll go with Illmatic
 11 years ago '05        #710
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,594 | Props total: 668 668
im more of a Jay-Z fan so i voted RD...but its deffinetly a close call considering the both have a couple of my favorite songs of all time from any artist
 10-20-2005, 12:25 AM         #711
YoungGotti-UK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yup both real dope albums.. Jay was already established when he dropped RD, But Illmatic was nas debut album and thats what blew him up, so gota be illmatic.
 11 years ago '05        #712
baykid510 
space
space
$724 | Props total: 2 2
illmatic without a reasonable doubt
 11 years ago '04        #713
KURUPTION!!! 523 heat pts523
space
space
$34,199 | Props total: 300 300
 Mz-Corleone said:
Illmatic!!..
Nas is a lyricist ....almost every track on that album is classic
one of my fav albums of all time :applause:
Yeah and that's the bottom line, Illmatic was tight front to back. I didn't like EVERY track on Reasonable Doubt. Two classics, but Illmatic wins by the slimmest of margins. Jay-Z is still the much better rapper.
 11 years ago '04        #714
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$14,458 | Props total: 3013 3013
sh*t man Reasonable Doubt bruh...Jay was talking some ILL sh*t then man...his swag was on full swing ...He ain't get outshined by BIG oj his own sh*t ...matter a fact that song was a INSTANT classic once folks heard it!.. 22 2's was fu*kinjg BANNANAS and man oh man Dead President..haha what more can I say..the wittines of Friend or Foe....Illmatic was and is a goody but dog Can't knock the hustle ..you just go on and on about Reasonable Doubt!!..It was like Jay was talking to you ya know? his flow was bannanas on that c.d. production was ill...D'Evils..man let k!ll it right there..
 10-20-2005, 11:28 AM         #715
squad4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When I listen Illmatic i don't have to use the skip button. I like all the songs on the cd.
 11 years ago '05        #716
DBiLL 1 
space
space
$201 | Props total: 0 0
my vote is for hov, not really into Nas
 10-20-2005, 12:50 PM         #717
HUSL Chick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This really shouldn't even be a discussion. Both are top albums of all time but Nas puts it down. Reasonable is Jigga's best but not THE best.
 11 years ago '04        #718
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
Man, sh*t is kinda funny. I don't know how many people listened to RD when it actually came out, and how many seriously listen to it today man.

Honestly man, lets be real. If you want to compare these CDs from a rap perspective, who has the better flow, lyrics, creativity, intelligence; there is NO comparison between Reasonable Doubt and Illmatic.

I have never heard cats even start mentioning these CDs in the same breath until the last 3-4 years.

Lets be real man, listen to Illmatic. Listen to the lyricism on that joint. It is just on some other level sh*t. Jay-Z's lyricism on RD is like elementary school compared to Illmatic. Now, I like Reasonable Doubt, but it's a good CD because of its songs. The beats and the songs on it, and what the songs are about.

Listen to his flow on RD; it doesn't even sound tight, and the way he tries to rhyme some of the words is completely lame. Listen to Illmatic and Nas was just WAY ahead of his time with his rapping ability.

Illmatic was way ahead of its time with how Nas was rapping on there; he really came out with some off the wall raps on that album. What did Jay-Z do on RD; he had some good songs, but his flow today is 20x better than it was then.

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but Jay sounded like he just started rapping when he made RD. Listen to Brooklyn's Finest with Big; Big's flow sounds flawless compared to Jay's. Jay sounds like he's Big's son trying to learn how to rap compared to him.

If you like RD better than Illmatic please explain why. It just doesn't make any sense to me how you can put this ANYWHERE NEAR the level of an Illmatic. It's funny thats cats didn't even start doing this until the last couple of years too. When RD was fresh out cats knew that sh*t had nothing on Illmatic.

RD = a bunch of good songs; hooks, beats, and Jay raps about the hustle and the come up, it's cool. But his rapping ability on there is like elementary school compared to Nas' rapping ability on Illmatic.

Illmatic = rap classic. Almost every bar on there is perfection. Granted there are things that could've been better, he really outdid himself with this one.

Be real y'all. For people who think RD is better, how old are you / who is your favorite rapper / when did you first listen to RD / when did you begin to believe that it's better than Illmatic.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 10-20-2005 at 01:33 PM..
 10-20-2005, 02:38 PM         #719
matty_c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
illmatic imo
"my first album had no famous guest appearances, the outcome: i'm crowned the best lyricist"
 10-20-2005, 02:40 PM         #720
theMIGHTYbg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
without ILLMATIC, there would be no REASONABLE DOUBT - true story
Home      

most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
19 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
144 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
145 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Brown snitches on his baby momma tells Jas Prince to pull up
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Lloyd Banks - All Or Nothing 2: Live It Up Tracklist (Ft. Joe Budden, V..
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Mike Ditka: 'I have no respect for Colin Kaepernick'
140 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
53 comments
2 days ago