most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she wanna play ball
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Gucci Mane Reveals Why He Sold Young Thug’s Contract
27 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Out of 5??
1 378 13.83%
2 377 13.79%
3 696 25.46%
4 592 21.65%
5 691 25.27%
Voters: 2734. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

9 years ago '04        #3241
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$18,936 | Props total: 231 231
Classic

at someone giving this a 1
 9 years ago '04        #3242
codered85 
space
space
space
$112 | Props total: 0 0
What Up Yall.. Listen To These Songs And Let Me Know What Ya Think.. These Guys Got That Fiyah
 9 years ago '06        #3243
Doe Sun 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$655 | Props total: 43 43
im a big em fan but this is 3.5 at best

good production, many filler songs
i think sh*t like rain man, he tried to do it jay style-----no notepad, straight off dome....and it didnt work out
 09-07-2007, 12:44 AM         #3244
502-till-i-die 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 mics
man dis mother fu*ker bags
I
f you haven’t peeped this yet, you should be gettin’ it, while the gettin’ is good. It should go without saying as to why this particular mixtape, put together by The Empire, is more worthy of attention than any of the other Wayne mixtapes that have flooded the market recently — sh*t, it’s right there in the title. The main purpose of any mixtape is typically to build up anticipation for, and give people a quick glimpse of, an upcoming album. Simply put, there aren’t many albums more anticipated than Wayne’s Tha Carter 3, and there’s no better way to give fans a glimpse of that album than by providing some rough cuts made during the ongoing recording process.

Tha Carter 3 Sessions was discussed by Wayne last week on MTV.com, and though he doesn’t drop any track names, he mentioned that a song produced by Kanye West that’s “out there” is something that he wants to save for the album, and everything else “probably wouldn’t have made” the album. The Kanye track in question would appear to be “Did It Before”, the first song on this mixtape, which has Wayne spitting a s3x rap (about women — no homo, for y’all insecure folk) and rhyming every bar with the track’s title, coming off as equally impressive and lazy, humorous and grating. One of the roughest of the rough cuts on here, it’s not all that surprising that Wayne’s planning on keeping this one — with a little fine-tuning, to both the beat and the lyrics, it could be a standout track on the actual album.

Since, apparently, nothing else on here is making the cut, Tha Carter 3 Sessions is the closest thing to a full-length solo we’ll get from Wayne until (more than likely) 2008, and it has a few impressive moments. “Something You Forgot” has Wayne reminiscing over a lost love (Trina? Nivea?) over a sample from Heart (that’s right, Heart) that is well-produced enough to avoid being cheesy. “I Feel Like Dying” has Wayne rhyming his way through a drug-induced state of euphoria — content-wise, it sounds more like an early Cage record. These tracks, in addition to the simple-yet-catchy “La La”, could’ve fit well into an actual album.

However, most of the rest of Tha Carter 3 Sessions is more suitable as mixtape material. “How You Like Me Now” is a cool, laid-back track with a nice echoing vocal sample in the beat, “Scarface” is Wayne at his most aggressive, and “Help” finds Wayne sounding comfortable over a sampling of the Beatles’ record of the same name. Nonetheless, judging from the lack of quality hooks, Wayne is quite clearly in “practice” mode on these tracks; but the fact that his practice records sound better than some people’s real records should make expectations for Tha Carter 3 that much higher.

Lil’ Wayne doesn’t take himself too seriously — the sh*t talking and youthful charisma that he’s known for is prevalent throughout Tha Carter 3 Sessions. But one thing that Wayne does take seriously is his own work ethic. He’s got a million ways to tell you that he’s the best rapper alive — granted, none of ‘em are really all that convincing, but it’s still fun to listen to.

HIT DA PROPZ PLEASE
 9 years ago '05        #3245
Dayton937 1 heat pts
space
space
$853 | Props total: 0 0
Ray Cash & Joey Fingaz-The Feds In Town

listen @ livemixtapes.com

as far as mixtapes go....i give it a 4/5. it's fire though.
 9 years ago '05        #3246
kpr1 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$84 | Props total: 0 0

9 years ago '05        #3247
Motivate414 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$159 | Props total: 0 0
"No Hook": Another wide-screen Puff production, full of dark organ vibes, and more rhymes from an aspiring kingpin's perspective: "F---rich, let's get wealthy/Who else gon' feed we?" The mood is sneering, hungry, with Jay almost seeming to slip into his long-abandoned double-time flow at times.

"Roc Boys": "That's him at his height," Jay said of his persona in this song. "It's a celebration of the whole s---." Exultant horns burst out on the beat (Puffy again) as the rapper revels in a lifestyle funded by ill-gotten riches: "First of all, I wanna thank my connect/The most important person, with all due respect/...Think rosé/Think O.J./I get away with murder when I sling yey'." (The song also includes a reference to "black bar mitzvahs." Maybe that "L'chaim" was even more significant than I realized.)

"I Know": Hard-hitting percussion and sparkling synths underly this conceptual track about desire's many faces: "I know what you like/I'm your prescription/I'm your physician/I'm your addiction." "I'm using a lot of heroin references," Jay noted as he tried to unpack the song's multi-layered metaphors. "[But] on another level, it plays as a song about relationships. And on a drunk-too-much-wine-one-night level, it plays as the game talking to me. It's f---ing weird - but the music is great." He's not lying.

"Ignorant S---": Web-savvy fans may recall a purposefully outrageous outtake from 2003's The Black Album bearing this name. "It's one of those gems you can't let go," Jay said now. So he dusted it off for Gangster, complete with the unforgettably explicit hook in which he boasts, "I got that ignorant s--- you like/N----, f---, s----, a--, b----, trick, plus ice!" Just call him rap's George Carlin. The song now also features a decidedly non-ignorant new verse in which Jay thoughtfully eviscerates Don Imus and all those who've equated the disgraced shock jock with foul-mouthed rappers - plus some tight guest bars from Jay's longtime protege Beanie Sigel.

"Success": The endorphin rush provided by new money starts to wear off on this cut, produced by Chicago veteran (and Kanye West mentor) No I.D. "I used to give a f---, now I give a f--- less," Jay reflects over a rapidly descending organ riff. "Truth be told, I had more fun when I was piss-poor." Jay's former rival Nas talked him into letting him spit on this track; Nas' verse hasn't been mixed in yet, but Jay promises that "It's hot. He k!lled it."

"Say Hello to the Bad Guy": Atlanta's DJ Toomp (T.I.'s "What You Know," Kanye West's "Big Brother") contributed this beat, which keeps that darkening mood going with church-like organs.

"When the Money's Gone": The title says it all about this one. Jay raps about the inevitable downfall which befalls even the most successful hustlers; Jermaine Dupri produced the backdrop of shuffling drums and cascading synths.

"Fallen": Another J.D. production, and likely the album's final track. Jay reflects on the perverse pleasure the public takes in seeing a star destroyed: "Fallen/They applaudin'." Neosoul crooner Bilal sings the elegiac hook. It's a cathartic ending to an emotionally gripping album.

Conspicuously missing from the evening's playlist was "Blue Magic," the album's fantastic teaser single; Jay still isn't sure yet where it would fit in, and he's even considering making it an unlisted bonus track.
 9 years ago '05        #3248
Left Hook 25 heat pts25
space
space
$12,900 | Props total: 443 443
8 tracks? 9 with Blue Magic?
 9 years ago '06        #3249
dandman 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
pretty short album if that is final tracklist
 9 years ago '06        #3250
beanbryant24 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

1."Bacdafucup" – 0:48 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
2."Bichasniguz" – 3:54 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
3."Throw Ya Gunz" – 3:16 (Produced by Chyskillz)
4."Here 'N' Now" – 3:40 (Produced by Chyskillz)
5."Bust Dat a.ss" – 0:37 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
6."Atak of da Bal-Hedz" – 3:12 (Produced by Kool Tee)
7."Da Mad Face Invasion" – 0:46 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
8."Blac v*gina Finda" – 3:12 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay; Co-Produced by Jeff Harris)
9."Da Bounca n*gga" – 0:29 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
10."n*gga Bridges" – 4:12 (Produced by Jam Master Jay & Jeff Harris; Co-Produced by Chyskillz)
11."Onyx Is Here" – 3:03 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
12"Slam" – 3:38 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
13."Stik 'N' Muve" – 3:20 (Produced by Jam Master Jay & Jeff Harris; Co-Produced by Chyskillz)
14."Bichasbootleguz" – 0:27 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
15."Shifftee" – 4:19 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)
16."Phat ('N' All Dat)" – 3:17 (Produced by Chyskillz)
17."Da Nex Niguz" – 4:07 (Produced by Kool Tee)
18."Getdafucout" – 1:08 (Produced by Chyskillz & Jam Master Jay)

that^^^^^^^^^^^^was a classic no one talks about it

Last edited by beanbryant24; 11-04-2007 at 12:18 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #3251
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,079 | Props total: 234 234
them sh*ts are OLD as fu*k
 11-10-2007, 01:18 AM         #3252
edinab 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How's it going. The names C. Im a writer from Atlanta who's worked with the best of them. Having penned classics fior many artists i came about one who is following the like of dream and Neyo. His names FAMOUS. Suprisingly he's from Toronto but he's writing for most of the Def Jam roster and by the the Fade 2 Black lost footage on his page , he may be writing for Jay-z?????

check him out at
 9 years ago '06        #3253
a_ruff24 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,327 | Props total: 4 4
bullsh*t nobody writin for jay-z
 11-10-2007, 08:21 AM         #3254
TRAGIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Imo This Cd Was Ok But It Was Mostly The Hooks That Brought It Down..and Just Him Mentionin The Lord And His Accident In Every 2 Lines..his Lyrics Are Still On Point U Can Say..and He Didnt Go All Out Religious Like Mase Did And He Let It Be Known With This Line

"yea I Believe In Christ, But I Still Grip The Pipe"

But Idk I Was Dissapointed In A Way
 11-10-2007, 08:26 AM         #3255
edinab 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How's it going. The names C. Im a writer from Atlanta who's worked with the best of them. Having penned classics fior many artists i came about one who is following the like of dream and Neyo. His names FAMOUS. Suprisingly he's from Toronto but he's writing for most of the Def Jam roster and by the the Fade 2 Black lost footage on his page , he may be writing for Jay-z????? This kid seems better then any other rapper i've heard of come from Canada. Check it out if you thought Canadians Cant Rap!

check him out at
 11-16-2007, 04:34 AM         #3256
Juju1983 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

^IN STORES NOV.20TH!!!!!

Last edited by Juju1983; 11-16-2007 at 04:46 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #3257
street_dreamin 
space
space
$795 | Props total: 0 0
what r u a fu*king moron????????? got me all gassed up f*g**t
 11-19-2007, 01:37 PM         #3258
Norml_Row 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1 mic - garbage
2 mics - couldve been better
3 mics - its okay
4 mics - its worth the money
5 mics - classic
 9 years ago '05        #3259
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,875 | Props total: 86 86
???? not even out yet
 11-19-2007, 01:46 PM         #3260
Ryo Hazuki 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WHUT THE HELL IS THIS sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
25 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
64 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
145 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
55 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
148 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fif's Bullet Catcher "Monster" Stays In The Cut!
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RGIII - Y'all better leave me and my Becky be
68 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, I’m gonna stop being polite and start gett..
94 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy