most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
352 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA UFC: Fight Night Brasilia
304 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Out of 5??
1 378 13.83%
2 377 13.79%
3 696 25.46%
4 592 21.65%
5 691 25.27%
Voters: 2734. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

01-13-2007, 03:55 PM         #2941
502-till-i-die 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4mics

Running nine tracks and only available on the net, Liberation is by no means lazy. As a matter of fact, lazy in Hip-Hop usually means when the artist is too arrogant and complacent to edit his album to a reasonable length. Talib and Madlib, however took the time to string quality songs together and it shows in Talib’s intricate flows and Madlib's crisp vinyl-researched beats. Lyrically, Talib has stepped up his Webster game. On the intro track, "The Show," he goes on a lyrical stream of consciousness: "Popping fresh, caking up and breaking up the monotonous/Flow they can’t write or plant life like a botanist, grow/A new crop and just roll it up blow it up/Excuse the calculus, though." Talib and Madlib also lean toward concept songs as tracks like "Over The Counter" and "Engine Runnin'" with Consequence spice up the album's already high caliber content.

The strongest track on Liberation is by far "Happy Home" featuring Candice Anderson. It’s an ultra poetic retelling of the Kweli family tree, and definitely has one of the longest rewind half-life of any rap song put out in all of '06. Mr. Kweli has a big reputation for dropping bold chunks of knowledge, so in a way Liberation is not a surprise. But what sets him apart on this release is that instead of relying on his reputation, he builds on it

props
 01-13-2007, 08:42 PM         #2942
502-till-i-die 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3 1/2 mics
dont know if this has been posted heres the review

As Hip-Hop grows, some of the elements that formed the genre continue to get left behind. One ingredient that has survived it all, is the mixtape. This crucial tool that helps keep the artist connected with his or her fans in between albums, still plays a major role in their success. Although we live in an age of downloading and file sharing, the mixatpe thrives as one of the staples in Hip-Hop.
Only a handful of DJ's mastered this art form and kept us fiending for the next diss, freestyle, or exclusive track. Queens native, DJ Clue has been a pioneer on the mixtape circuit for a little over a decade now. Bringing us material from artists' way ahead time, and probably without them knowing. Clue revolutionized the mainstreaming of mixtapes by releasing “official” mixtapes The Professional in 1998, and The Professional pt. 2 in 2001. With little promotion, both albums still managed to reach gold status. Now in 2006, Clue returns with The Professional pt. 3. Having built a good rapport with artists' over the years, it wasn't hard to recruit the biggest names from each coast and everywhere in between.
The album starts off with a one verse intro by fellow Queens brethren, Nas and it wouldn't be a Clue tape without him shouting over the songs; the obnoxious trend Clue is credited with popularizing. fu*k Off features the paring of Juelz Santana and Young Jeezy, while trading drug and gun stories, Jeezy adlibs his way through another mediocre verse that's painful to listen to. And we hear Mobb Deep bring back their vintage gritty street sound on The Gold.
Clue's top bread winner, Fabolous gets top billing on the album; appearing on three tracks, one of them being a remake of Jodeci's Come and Talk To Me which features Jagged Edge. Grill and Woman brings together Houston heroes Paul Wall and Mike Jones; who even after a significant leave of absence can't get away from the candy paint and apparently, Mike Jones still has the same phone number.
Philly shows some brotherly love on Liberty Bell; as Freeway forgets about the lyrical drubbing Cassidy gave him in their infamous battle, and joins in alongside him and Beanie Sigel. A few standout tracks are Ugly (Thug It Out) by Jadakiss, Almost fu*ked by Snoop Dogg, and The Animal by Styles P.

Hit Tha Propz Plez
 01-13-2007, 09:02 PM         #2943
502-till-i-die 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
big suprise

4 mics

There's not much left for death Row to do these days other than "define" their hip-hop legacy. After a long and controversial reign as death Row's CEO, Suge Knight has been forced to declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy for his company. This is largely due to a $107 million lawsuit filed in 2005 by Lydia Harris, who a.sserted that her incarcerated husband provided $1.5 million in start-up money for the label. Knight apparently thought the claims were frivolous as he didn't even bother to make scheduled court appearances regarding the case, causing the presiding judge to issue summary judgment in favor of the plantiff. As a result the company is now being gutted in bankruptcy procedings, both figuratively and literally. Even their supposedly official website has been stripped down to a blank page that reads "coming soon" in plain text. That's bad news for Petey Pablo as the unreleased album he recorded for death Row (allgedly titled "Same Eyez On Me") will probably never see the light of day, and for any other artists who made the mistake of signing with the label in the last few years. On the other hand that may be good news for hip-hop fans, since there's nothing left to do now but unearth every unrelased track, 12" B-side and remix to sell them in CD form. Time to clean out the vaults and see what's left.

It should be noted that even as the once Titanic label starts to slip beneath the waves, they still unrepentantly lie to consumers to steal their hard-earned dollars. This three disc set promises 4 "Best Buy exclusive" tracks out of 17 on the first disc but only has 13 tracks, which makes fulfilling this promise physically impossible. "So what? That just means they're free downloads." Sorry dear reader, put that thought out of your mind. There are no download instructions to be found anywhere in this set either on the shrinkwrap or tucked inside the case. What's worse is that this throws off the tracklisting because the very first song on the disc is supposed to be "One Eight Seven," an updated version of "Deep Cover" that was only available on the "fu*k Wit Dre Day" single. With that track excised, the real opener is "Nuttin But a 'G' Thang," still a fat jam over 14 years after "The Chronic" dropped, but not the exclusive you expected. The titles themselves are misleading even when accurate, such as "Let Me Ride" actually being the remix which features Snoop Dogg and Daz. Conversely "Gin and Juice" is alleged to feature Daz, which would make it the same as the remix from "death Row's Greatest Hits," but instead it's the original version. For historical purposes it's vexing to see "G'z Up, Hoes Down" described as "unreleased" on the cover, when in fact it originally appeared on "Doggystyle" and was removed from later printings of the album due to an uncleared sample. Even for a company in the throes of bankruptcy this amount of errors, mistakes, lies and omissions is simply inexcusable. And just in case you're wondering the other three "exclusives" that weren't included on disc one are Daz Dillinger's "Don't Try to Play Me," Snoop Dogg's "Wanted Dead or Alive" and Tha Dogg Pound's "New York, New York." It's incredibly frustrating that the liner notes provide descriptions for all of these unincluded songs. Knight is an a.ss.

It gets only slightly better on the second disc. The track listing is accurate including the two "exclusives" actually being included as promise at the 15th and 16th position - 2Pac's "Life is a Traffic Jam" and Nate Dogg's "Why" respectively. Neither one is that "exclusive" in reality though, as both songs are on the "Gridlock'd" soundtrack, which most hardcore death Row fans will already have in their collection. It's much more notable that the "unexclusive" song "Puffin' on Blunts and Drankin' Tanqueray" is included, another song which was tucked away on the "fu*k Wit Dre Day" single and may not have reached the ears of the masses. While one can't argue that you should buy this entire set just for this song, at the very least you can pick up the track a la carte on iTunes to peep the dopeness. The deep bassline warbles and reverberates through your skeleton even at low volumes, and only gets more intense the more you crank it up, not unlike The Lady of Rage's lyrical explosion:

"Always and forever, forever and always
The rhythm will flow, from now and through all days
As long as the sun shines
As long as Eisenhower's on the dime
Yo, I'll be kickin the rhyme
One time for your mind, your soul, your body
D-O-G's on the side of me, smooth as E & J, hard as Bacardi
Smackin those yaddy-yackin ducks that keep quackin
Heads that are cacklin, end up cracklin
under the heat, the pressure from the one that's deffer
Egyptian ruler, call me Cleo or Nefertiti, yes indeedi
Got the eyes that are beedie, body from Tahiti
Voice of the wind, lyrics blow
Chills up ya spine, dicin slow
All thoughts in your mind drop 'em, yo
You came in the front, but you'll be kicked through the back door
for tryin to step, tryin to come incorrect
Tryin to play the left, tryin to start a mess
Tryin to cause fuss, tryin to raise a ruckus, huh
You'll end up ashes to ashes, dust to dust
A busta, you musta been buggin on drugs and alcohol
Back off, all a y'all, up against the wall
Spread 'em, Dogg, go get 'em
Handcuff 'em and stuff 'em, cold shut 'em, don't let 'em
utter a word, not your mother or herb
If you try you die, visions blurred, speech slurred
Served! With a cherry on top
Rage in effect I just begun to rock"

There are a lot of classics to be found on this part of the set; in fact it's arguable that this disc could have been sold seperately and been a fine album. 2Pac's "Pain" from the "Above the Rim" soundtrack, Daz's "O.G." featuring Nate Dogg and Snoop, the unapologetically raunchy "Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None)" and the somber "murder Was the Case (Remix)" are just a few of the many gems to be found here. After nearly blowing the whole deal right out the gate, "15 Years on death Row" redeems itself with this portion of the three disc set. There's still more material to go though, and the third part of this epic saga is actually the best value to be found in the whole compilation - a DVD featuring TWENTY-FOUR classic death Row music videos. Throw this disc in the DVD player of your choice, be it a standalone unit or a PC, and you're presented with a simple menu that has two options: "select video" and "play all." While you ponder this intensely difficult choice, the lilting instrumental of "Nuttin But a 'G' Thang" plays in the background. Many of the choices here are better "exclusives" than the tracks Knight failed to deliver on the first disc. This writer can't honestly recall ever having seen a music video for the "Afro Puffs (Remix)" before, or the "Californa Love (Remix)" video which is actually part two of the original Thunderdome-esque video, wherein 'Pac describes everything from the original to Dr. Dre as "this crazy dream." You can't go wrong with any of the choices here though - Nate Dogg & Warren G's "Regulate," 2Pac's "How Do U Want It," the haunting "I Ain't Mad at Cha" and the epic mini-movies of "Natural Born k!llaz" and "murder Was the Case."

On the whole despite the unacceptable errors and misleading promises to be found reading the back cover of "15 Years on death Row," this set actually delivers very good value for the money. During their heyday death Row were kingpins of gangster rap, having the entire world at their fingertips in the form of the best beats, best MC's, and best music videos with the best directors possible to present it all to the public. It's a little sad when one takes in the whole scope of this set to think how much potential death Row had to carry this legacy into the 21st Century, yet the harder Suge Knight tried to hold onto his empire the more quickly it crumbled in his hands as one by one artists left the label or met an untimely demise. death Row has in reality been a dead entity for a while now, struggling in vain to survive off pimping unreleased 2Pac tracks and repackaging nostalgia, but "15 Years on death Row" seems to at last be putting the epitaph on the tombstone for good. It reads as follows: "Here lies death Row, the label that shook the world but died far too young at the age of 15 - R.I.P."

hit dem propz yo
 10 years ago '07        #2944
Mr.NYCinNC 22 heat pts22
space
space
$9,473 | Props total: 1 1

[pic - click to view]

1. We Tried To Tell 'Em - Feat. DJ Drama
2. Intro
3. Get Ya Mind Right (Exclusive)
4. Trap Or Die - Feat. Bun B. & Slick Pulla
5. "Ether" Freestyle
6. Do Da Damn Thang - Feat. Fabolous
7. Street n*ggaz
8. Freestyle
9. Get 'Em Jeezy
10. Jeezy Talks To The People
11. U Ain't Perfect
12. Miss Me With That Rap sh*t - Feat. Boo & Slick Pulla
13. Grey Goose - Feat. Yo Gotti & All Star
14. U.S.D.A. - Part 2
15. We Luv Ya
16. Jeezy Talks - Part 2
17. "GA" Freestyle - Feat. USDA
18. Gangsta - Feat. Jody Breeze
19. "3-6" Freestyle
20. "Slick Pulla" Freestyle
21. Chuuuch - Feat. U.S.D.A
22. Rollaz and Riders - Feat. Bleu DaVinci & Bun B
23. pus*y a.ss n*ggaz
24. Outro

Bringin dat Jeezy Back

Last edited by Mr.NYCinNC; 01-13-2007 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: TiTLE
 10 years ago '04        #2945
336db336boy336 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,865 | Props total: 297 297
upload this sh*t
 10 years ago '07        #2946
Mr.NYCinNC 22 heat pts22
space
space
go to bx and i will put it up.prop me up here tho and i will do it for you
 10 years ago '04        #2947
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
There's gonna be an official album?? retail... These are all kind of advances, it's only a mixtape people (juelz santana saying)
 01-14-2007, 06:47 AM         #2948
pelle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the mix tape is bullsh*t lil wayne is ...............trash
 10 years ago '07        #2949
Mr.NYCinNC 22 heat pts22
space
space
my hottest album was fishcale but nas was next in line for me.
hottest 07 album so far is Jesus Price Supastar(sean price)
 10 years ago '07        #2950
Mr.NYCinNC 22 heat pts22
space
space
Had to bring some of dat dirty south gangsta muzik back
[pic - click to view]

Tracklist

1. Inauguration, The
2. Bun
3. Get Throwed - (featuring Z-Ro/Pimp C/Young Jeezy/Jay-Z)
4. Draped Up - (with Lil` KeKe)
5. I`m Fresh - (featuring Mannie Fresh)
6. Trill Recognize Trill - (with Ludacris)
7. Pushin - (featuring Scarface/Young Jeezy)
8. I`m Ballin - (featuring Jazzy Pha)
9. What I Represent (Ugh)
10. Story, The
11. Hold U Down - (featuring Trey Songz/Mike Jones/Baby)
12. I`m A "G" - (featuring T.I.)
13. Git It - (featuring Yin Yang Twins)
14. Who Need A `B" - (featuring Too Short/Juvenile)
15. Retaliation Is A Must - (featuring Mddl Fngz)
16. Draped Up (H-Town Mix) - (featuring The H-Town All Starz)
17. Late Night Creepin` - (featuring Skinhead Rob/Travis Barker)
 10 years ago '07        #2951
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,362 | Props total: 265 265
he should retire
 10 years ago '04        #2952
336db336boy336 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,865 | Props total: 297 297
upload this to
 01-14-2007, 02:57 PM         #2953
DvS DiZZee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this was by far his worst album i was full dissapointed
 01-15-2007, 08:49 PM         #2954
comrade 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Perhaps radio k!lled Snoop Dogg’s gangsta. Lately, the once-edgy Doggfather has been favoring the Neptunes’ soft core over Dr. Dre’s Cali funk. True, Pharrell and Chad aren’t solely to blame. But, honestly, would murder Was the Case–era Snoop ever have made an album as watered-down as 2004’s R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece? The Long Beach, Calif., native’s name is now identifiable everywhere, from Mary Jane ciphers to soccer mom gatherings. Not that such accessibility is negative. It’s just that Snoop’s recent albums have largely forgotten his original bread and butter—unadulterated G-funk.

When you’re a “dogg,” however, you’re a dogg for life. So with his eighth album, Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, Snoop’s lyrical fire seems resurrected, as he delivers arguably his most consistently scorching work post-Doggystyle. For proof, look no further than “Vato,” the tense Neptunes-tracked first single. Bypassing the club, Snoop weaves a message-filled yarn of Black-and-Brown unity, a topic quite taboo for Left Coast thugs. Free of an anthemic hook, and given the heart-pounding effect of unexpectedly dark keyboards and snares from the ’Tunes, it’s enough to make Snoop’s skeptics drop misconceptions like they’re hot.

Just a fluke? bi*ch, please. The West Coast OG lets his mind spray throughout Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, covering a wide range of topical prose. The soulful opener “Think About It” pits Frequency’s grandiose instrumentation against Snoop’s state-of-the-union address (“Basically, you hear the rappers out here using my flow/But they need Snoop on their record to make it official, though”). Issues switch back to the block on the epic “Gangbanging 101.” Earthquakelike claps and nightmarish keys power the Crip’s menacing color-blind duet with Cali youngblood The Game, which is produced by Snoop and Terrance Martin (collectively known as n*ggaracci).

Even with his mirror pointed inward, Snoop sounds enhanced. On the Nate Dogg–assisted “Crazy,” he candidly examines his surroundings (“I love my folks, but half of y’all muthafu*kas is cutthroats/On the real, the streets will have you, guide you, lead you, grab you”) atop Fred Wreck’s undeniably lowrider-ready drums. The poignancy comes to a head on the reflective Dr. Dre duet “Imagine.” Alongside Dre’s equally stellar verse, and over Doc’s sweeping piano bed, Snoop ponders life in a different world (“Imagine if rap wasn’t out yet/Imagine all this pain with no outlet/Imagine how many lives would be ruined, if we didn’t have hip-hop/Imagine what we’d all be doing”).
While heart-attack seriousness is a plus, Snoop still rocks parties like none other, keeping the gin and juice flowing here. R. Kelly’s suave chorus, coupled with Nottz’s playful flutes, uplifts the hypnotic “That’s That sh*t” to superiority, while Rick Rock’s minimalist 808s allow guests E-40, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc, Daz and Kurupt to serve up a surefire Western club closer in “Candy.” Just when Snoop seems worthy of flawless praise, on comes the questionably Ne-Yo–heavy “Put This Thang on You.” Over puny acoustics, this slow-jam debacle relegates Dogg to merely half a half-assed verse (“The mood is smooth, the price is right/I got a sweet in the street, we can shake it all night”). Similarly forgettable is the ho-hum “LAX,” an underwhelming collaboration with Ice Cube.

Once this blue carpet is all rolled up, though, so are any doubts of Snoop’s musical gangster. Without totally abandoning his commercial tendencies, the megacelebrity reminds listeners that, no matter how many hokey TV spots he does or slang words of his become cliché rhetoric, he’s an MC first and foremost. Tabernacle!—MATT BARONE
 01-16-2007, 07:49 PM         #2955
maja 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what you about new mc eiht album???
 01-16-2007, 08:04 PM         #2956
vargucci 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eiht got a new album?!
 10 years ago '07        #2957
TWINSFAN 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,952 | Props total: 0 0
Love this CD, what you think?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #2958
vic20dipset 
space
space
$764 | Props total: 0 0
DR. ALWAYS MAKES CLASSIC ALBUMS... THATS WHY U GOTTA WAIT FOR HIS ALBUMS TO DROP... CANT WAIT FOR DETOX
 01-18-2007, 07:16 AM         #2959
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everyone knows this is a 5/5 classic album

sh*t is incredible
 10 years ago '07        #2960
msladyprofit 
space
space
space
$120 | Props total: 0 0
yup this cd go crazy!!! peep mob trial.. the jacka..ap9..husalah mixtape!! :applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
137 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
133 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #NARCOS Tata Escobar played by Paulina Gaitan
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, I’m gonna stop being polite and start gett..
89 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
50 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
#hoh hof
33 comments
20 hours ago