Chip Kelly Is the NEW EAGLES HEAD COACH!

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
201 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM         #101
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

01-16-2013, 12:27 PM         #102
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
draft o-linemans or trade, bring Vick back one more season and see how it goes
 5 years ago '09        #103
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
Can someone tell me what the big deal with this dude is??
 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM         #104
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CutKidd21 said:
Can someone tell me what the big deal with this dude is??
a gimmick offense that put up a ton of points in CFB but anyone with eyes can see won't work at the next level
 5 years ago '09        #105
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,405 | Props total: 12339 12339
Eagles lost.

Should have just kept Red for this sh*t.
 5 years ago '05        #106
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 iThink said:
a gimmick offense that put up a ton of points in CFB but anyone with eyes can see won't work at the next level
dont really know why people think he's going to try to run the same exact offense in the pros though. can we at least find out if thats his plan first. because from everything ive seen and heard all this guy does is football and curtails his scheme to his players.
 5 years ago '09        #107
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 iThink said:
Just seems like Steve Spurrier 2.0 to me

It is funny as sh*t tho how the NFL is turning into the PAC-12 though
 5 years ago '06        #108
DatVABoy 
space
space
$1,134 | Props total: 45 45
I'm not sure how I feel about this......I'm just not sure chips offensive schemes will translate to the nfl but we shall see

But like somebody else said I just want a good defensive coordinator
 5 years ago '09        #109
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
dont really know why people think he's going to try to run the same exact offense in the pros though. can we at least find out if thats his plan first. because from everything ive seen and heard all this guy does is football and curtails his scheme to his players.
Ok but why make this thread in all caps like the eagles hired some proven badass?

Just really don't know what the big deal with him is
 5 years ago '05        #110
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 CutKidd21 said:
Ok but why make this thread in all caps like the eagles hired some proven badass?

Just really don't know what the big deal with him is

you're reading why too much into the caps homie

but its kind of a big deal here that we have a new coach after a guy that has been here 14 years, regardless of who replaced him...they are replacing an institution in reid
 5 years ago '09        #111
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
you're reading why too much into the caps homie

but its kind of a big deal here that we have a new coach after a guy that has been here 14 years, regardless of who replaced him...they are replacing an institution in reid
I guess.

Eagles have the offensive personnel to do some crazy fast paced sh*t like Kelly did at Oregon. That's fact

I will say I am excited to watch eagles games next year but he better keep Vick
 5 years ago '08        #112
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
 O_nasty said:

Per @JHopkins247, Oregon a.ssistants found out about the news via Twitter & reporters bit.ly/WdWgHx
Just hours after being hired he's already showing he has ice in his veins, I like him already
 5 years ago '07        #113
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
Damn I guess will we never get that Saban-Chip Kelly matchup.
 5 years ago '04        #114
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,832 | Props total: 1993 1993
Why do people keep talking about vick? Hes DONE here. Lurie never wanted him in the 1st place that was all andy. Theres 0% chance he is on our roster for next season.
 5 years ago '09        #115
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,076 | Props total: 1814 1814

In Chip Kelly's last game as Oregon head coach, a Fiesta Bowl win over Kansas State exactly 13 days and 6,489 rumors ago, he did what he's done many times as the Ducks' head coach: He used his quarterback as a runner. Those who don't believe Kelly's wacky, fast-paced, college-only system can succeed at the NFL level could have laughed. They could have pointed to the Oregon quarterback executing a run fake and taking off on his own and said, "That's why! That right there is why it'll never work!" And they could have said that's all the evidence anybody needs that what the Philadelphia Eagles are doing in naming Kelly the head coach is just a glorified publicity stunt. This stuff doesn't work in the NFL, right?

And then they could have looked at the box score.

Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota ran eight times in Oregon's Fiesta Bowl win, including scrambles. And that wasn't some wild aberration. The most Mariota ran in any game all season was 15 times against USC, when Oregon scored 62 points, and the tape shows Mariota scrambled more than a few times. Why does that matter? Well, for two reasons.

" One, because in that USC game, the freshman quarterback also went 20-of-23 for 304 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. Kelly's freshman quarterback was college football's seventh-highest-rated passer. That's not the result of some gimmicky system that demands a QB can run first, throw second. In fact, Kelly's quarterbacks are often efficient passers. They've ranked sixth, 11th and 17th in passer rating in the past three seasons.

" Two, because Robert Griffin III, in Mike Shanahan's pro-style system, ran an average of eight times per game this season; Mariota was at 8.1. A majority of RG III's runs, 77 of 120 total during the regular season, were designed runs. The mobile NFL QB isn't a gimmick, it's something prevalent at every level of football now, and more are on the way, as anybody who saw Colin Kaepernick eviscerate the Green Bay Packers last week should know. Even the zone-blocking maestro Shanahan knows it.

There might be questions about Kelly's system working in the NFL, and when run at its best, the system requires a quarterback who can at least maintain the threat of running. But people who claim Kelly's quarterbacks are something akin to Tommie Frazier under Tom Osborne just haven't watched. They've let Oregon's fast-break pace blind them to the fact that Oregon does a lot of things that, say, Nick Saban does at Alabama. As Chris Brown of SmartFootball.com noted soon after we thought Kelly was headed to Cleveland two weeks ago, Kelly's oft-used running plays "inside zone, outside zone, and power (guard pull) -- are [the] same Trent Richardson ran at Alabama."

Shanahan and Jim Harbaugh are running zone-read plays, and people say Kelly is going to turn the NFL on its head? Not quite, folks.

That said, you can still expect the Eagles to consider all options at quarterback, extending beyond their roster if they have to. I'm not convinced that Kelly won't try to preserve some of the personnel already in place in Philadelphia -- again, he's not going to need the Rosetta Stone to implement elements of his offense -- but QB is a question.

Let's take a look at some options.

[pic - click to view]

01-16-2013, 12:57 PM         #116
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
he's nearly exclusively recruited players on offense that fit the mold for his system...not saying that's what he'll do in philly but it's of note. also, i was just answering the question of why he's such a big deal

CutKidd21 said:
Just seems like Steve Spurrier 2.0 to me

It is funny as sh*t tho how the NFL is turning into the PAC-12 though
it looks to be IDENTICAL to the spurrier hire lol. and yeah, strangely enough the NFL is shaping up to look like that, much of the league anyhow
 5 years ago '05        #117
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206

Akira Son Bio said:
@ Oregon State

Dude just pulled the d!ck move of 2013, and its only January
It's Oregon, not Oregon state, dumbass.
 5 years ago '08        #118
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,451 | Props total: 536 536
Oregon got some punishment on the way loo
 5 years ago '07        #119
Dotel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,881 | Props total: 1293 1293
Howie Roseman is still the gm right? Yeah that team isnt winning sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #120
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,216 | Props total: 5026 5026
vicks getting 1 more year

hes an elite qb with a decent oline he has proved that

this is the way the nfl qb is going.. Aron Rogers, RGIII, Wilson, Collin, Cam Newton etc

why get rid of Vick 1 of the biggest play makers left in the game
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago