Quentin Tarantino Drops N-Word At Golden Globes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #41
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1115 1115
Was this movie good though
 5 years ago '05        #42
D-ROCK 14 heat pts14
space
space
$533 | Props total: 26 26
What's historically correct about a slave bounty hunter working for a white person? It's sensationalism and bullsh*t and I'm ashamed of my fellow black people for being the BIGGEST supporters of this sh*t...The N-word is QT's favorite word, I knew that since Reservoir Dogs...It's 1 thing to accept that this weirdo has issues, but it's another thing to defend him...Oddly enough, nobody's defending his quote of saying it to reporters in 2013.
 01-15-2013, 07:40 AM         #43
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly, I like almost all Tarantino's movies, but I thought this was one of his weakest. This and death Proof. I actually like death Proof better though. So in my opinion this is the worst Tarantino movie. It was entertaining (like all his movies), but at the same time, the editing was really sloppy, almost amateur like at times. He's starting to fall off IMO.

As far as the whole historically correct thing. Django isn't serious at all, think about it: the bounty hunter has a big tooth on a spring on his wagon... all the cartoonish blood? The horse dance at the end? The KKK dudes arguing over who made the hoods? Sam Jackson's completely over the top Uncle Tom character? The movie's completely tongue in cheek. I get it, you don't like that slavery is in the movie because it's not taking slavery completely serious. But I'm just saying, if you're going into a Tarantino movie looking for correct historical depiction, you're tripping balls. Tarantino's movies NEVER have any deep meaning. There's no symbolism or metaphor of real life. No one's going to Tarantino movies and learning anything or anything of that sort. He's just a straight up entertainment guy. He's a pop culture guy. There's nothing to take from Tarantino movies other than, "Whoa, that scene with the ____ was cool, and when he said ____, that was hilarious." End of story. Only pseudo-intellectuals and idiots who think they're intelligent think Tarantino movies are for "smart people." Just because he has long monologues and they tend to be dialogue heavy films. Look at Inglourious Basterds. Was that historically correct? The dude used the time period obviously to get this exact reaction. Discussion and attention because of slavery. You can either comply or just leave it for it is, another meaningless yet entertaining Tarantino movie.

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 01-15-2013 at 07:42 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #44
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 Maroon_Tiger said:
the media stay fishing for race bait... QT made a great movie and its sparking thoughtful convos
where are these thoughtful convo's taking place?
 5 years ago '10        #45
ClustyMolecules 117 heat pts117
space
space
$4,601 | Props total: 5778 5778
 YoungHope said:
Django wasn't even freed because it was the right thing to do, he was freed because a white man needed help.
REALLY? Yea, because THAT happened back then...slaves got freed because it was the right thing to do...i mean for f8cks sake, the story is based around a slave who gets to k!ll slave masters and get revenge on all the whites who did him wrong, free his wife, AND blow up a f8ckin plantation And the movie wasnt ABOUT slavery the movie was ABOUT a slave who, by helping a bounty hunter with a bounty, was given the opportunity to find his wife and free her...did you even watch this movie at all?
 5 years ago '08        #46
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23322 23322
 HHS said:
This is the quote:

"If somebody is out there actually saying when it comes to the word [n-word], the fact that I was using it in the movie more than it was being used in the antebellum South in Mississippi, then feel free to make that case,” he reportedly said to the press. “But no one’s actually making that case. They are saying I should lie, that I should whitewash, that I should massage, and I never do that when it comes to my characters."

that's it? that's the controversial quote?....
 5 years ago '10        #47
ClustyMolecules 117 heat pts117
space
space
$4,601 | Props total: 5778 5778
 Got Cheeve? said:
Honestly, I like almost all Tarantino's movies, but I thought this was one of his weakest. This and death Proof. I actually like death Proof better though. So in my opinion this is the worst Tarantino movie. It was entertaining (like all his movies), but at the same time, the editing was really sloppy, almost amateur like at times. He's starting to fall off IMO.
I think people forget that this is a 'modern day spaghetti western'...its supposed to be a little over the top...its supposed to be not perfect....I HIGHLY doubt the editing is due to Tarantino falling off...and honestly outside of the cut scene where she says "They call me Hildy" I dont see what people's gripe is about the editing, ESPECIALLY knowing that it is, like I said before, a 'spaghetti western'...easily one of my favorite movies ever though
 5 years ago '06        #48
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,456 | Props total: 2648 2648
Is it just me or spike lee is the only one who has issue... this all snowballed from one director saying he don't agree with it. That's his personal belief and been known for a decade they ain't cool and one reporter baits this whole issue by asking spike lee about the movie and from there this whole issue skyrocketed with nothing but media asking questions...
 01-15-2013, 09:17 AM         #49
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=Got Cheeve?;25861833]Honestly, I like almost all Tarantino's movies, but I thought this was one of his weakest. This and death Proof. I actually like death Proof better though. So in my opinion this is the worst Tarantino movie. It was entertaining (like all his movies), but at the same time, the editing was really sloppy, almost amateur like at times. He's starting to fall off IMO.

No wayy death Proof was better than this. death Proof is easily his worst movie.
 5 years ago '08        #50
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23322 23322
 YoungHope said:
The only thing historical correct about Django was its use of ******, the rest was bs and a mockery. I found it offensive that he even named a main character after Dr.King. Y'all so caught up on the use of ****** u didn't pay attention to the real sh*t going on. Django wasn't even freed because it was the right thing to do, he was freed because a white man needed help. This is not the closest we will get to a Nat Turner. Nat Turner k!lled important white ppl in his time. Django k!lled all the extra white ppl and mace windu. As far as slavery movies go this is one of the worst and don't say it wasn't about slavery, cause if it wasn't there is no need for slaves. That's spike's point don't make a movie about slavery and give it satire like there's anything funny about it.
Spike's a hypocrite who's just mad its QT that's making the movie.

[video - click to view]

I aint heard a peep out of Spike about Catcher Freeman If Family Guy did catcher freeman he'd have a damn fit tho
 5 years ago '07        #51
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,210 | Props total: 3260 3260
White people still talk like that today just not in public.
 5 years ago '11        #52
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Everybody on the first page is white
 5 years ago '07        #53
Legend88 1 heat pts
space
space
$888 | Props total: 0 0
 DrX said:
look at all the uncle toms.... pathetic...
 BluCupShawty said:

sell outs n toms
 YoungHope said:
The only thing historical correct about Django was its use of ******, the rest was bs and a mockery. I found it offensive that he even named a main character after Dr.King. Y'all so caught up on the use of ****** u didn't pay attention to the real sh*t going on. Django wasn't even freed because it was the right thing to do, he was freed because a white man needed help. This is not the closest we will get to a Nat Turner. Nat Turner k!lled important white ppl in his time. Django k!lled all the extra white ppl and mace windu. As far as slavery movies go this is one of the worst and don't say it wasn't about slavery, cause if it wasn't there is no need for slaves. That's spike's point don't make a movie about slavery and give it satire like there's anything funny about it.
 D-ROCK said:
What's historically correct about a slave bounty hunter working for a white person? It's sensationalism and bullsh*t and I'm ashamed of my fellow black people for being the BIGGEST supporters of this sh*t...The N-word is QT's favorite word, I knew that since Reservoir Dogs...It's 1 thing to accept that this weirdo has issues, but it's another thing to defend him...Oddly enough, nobody's defending his quote of saying it to reporters in 2013.
 5 years ago '12        #54
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,761 | Props total: 22144 22144
 Borealis said:
***** ppeople exposing themselves
Shut all of the fu*k up.
 5 years ago '04        #55
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,461 | Props total: 6048 6048
 Kingpin 313 said:
Everybody on the first page is white
prolly not lyin either but since i was on the first page also this is invalid but still funny
 5 years ago '10        #56
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13661 13661
 YoungHope said:

Woord!

[pic - click to view]

>>>Django

ManWithoutFear! said:
These whiteboys gonna k!ll you g.
They got sell out/tom a.ss n*ggas to to that for em with a smile
 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM         #57
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BluCupShawty said:
Woord!

[pic - click to view]

>>>Django

They got sell out/tom a.ss n*ggas to to that for em with a smile
Muthafuhka said he an honorary black man.
Movie was fresh. I liked it. But boy, when white people make some sh*t pop muthafuhkas on this site lose their minds.
 5 years ago '04        #58
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,634 | Props total: 3163 3163
Smh as man in the south if your not from the south or even live in state where the slave trade was major stfu we get the light version of the slave trade and tradition and im in va in richmond where most of it took place if your above the mason dixon line you got a breeze over it they in now way shape or form even touch the ammounts of times the word ****** was said in a day in that movie i love how of my own people want to a.ssume that we were called by our name or even treated fairly do any of you think it was a slave that talked back like sam l did if so your as stupid as you look wake up people this movie was based around time when there were no morals just treat people like sh*t its still the same really accept the person is called boss and has to give you health insurance
 5 years ago '07        #59
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,784 | Props total: 14590 14590
 aclockworkred71 said:
That is great stuff, he is a sell out but he is right, fu*k censorship.

Got Cheeve? said:
I'm white, and I have to say it at least twice a day or else I don't feel right. I mean, I get the shakes if I go too long without saying it. I absolutely NEED to say it. My entire existence revolves around saying it and being racist. I mean, that's all white people do when they're around white people. Our entire conversation and focus is on black people. Whenever we go to our secret white meetings we just yell the word out as loud as we can for cathartic purpose. It's our church. Whenever white people are alone together, that's all we do, talk about black people, and yell it out.

Got Cheeve? said:
As far as the whole historically correct thing. Django isn't serious at all, think about it: the bounty hunter has a big tooth on a spring on his wagon... all the cartoonish blood? The horse dance at the end? The KKK dudes arguing over who made the hoods? Sam Jackson's completely over the top Uncle Tom character? The movie's completely tongue in cheek. I get it, you don't like that slavery is in the movie because it's not taking slavery completely serious. But I'm just saying, if you're going into a Tarantino movie looking for correct historical depiction, you're tripping balls. Tarantino's movies NEVER have any deep meaning. There's no symbolism or metaphor of real life. No one's going to Tarantino movies and learning anything or anything of that sort. He's just a straight up entertainment guy. He's a pop culture guy. There's nothing to take from Tarantino movies other than, "Whoa, that scene with the ____ was cool, and when he said ____, that was hilarious." End of story. Only pseudo-intellectuals and idiots who think they're intelligent think Tarantino movies are for "smart people." Just because he has long monologues and they tend to be dialogue heavy films. Look at Inglourious Basterds. Was that historically correct? The dude used the time period obviously to get this exact reaction. Discussion and attention because of slavery. You can either comply or just leave it for it is, another meaningless yet entertaining Tarantino movie.
I don't think he used the time period for the reaction but then again some people went crazy for him k!lling Hitler. I agree w/ you though QT is straight up shock factor. People seem like they were born yesterday, getting in open arms over sh*t he's been doing for years. Sometimes things in his films are bullsh*t but overall some of his movies are entertaining. Same goes for Spike w/ his overly righteous messages but some of his films are entertaining.
 5 years ago '10        #60
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Funny how all the n*ggas in here bi*ching and complaining are steady avoiding this thread tho

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago