Apple is done, say teens

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
106 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
6697 pageviews
68 comments

J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
Apple is done, say teens

Future adults allegedly believe, according to research, that Apple isn't cool any more. They're more impressed by Samsung's Galaxy and Microsoft's Surface.

When you want to know what's cool, you ask a teenager.

You have to ask her nicely or she will scowl you into oblivion or patronize you into a painful purgatory.

So I'd like to prepare you for some of this difficulty.

Teens have decided that Apple is, like, so over. If you want to be a veritable cooleratus, you want to be seen with a Samsung Galaxy phone in your hand or a Microsoft Surface laptoppy tablet stuck under your arm.

This definitive information comes to me courtesy of research performed by Buzz Marketing, as well as three 14-year-olds who tried to rob me of my orange Puma sneakers.

When they saw I had an iPhone, they couldn't even be bothered to take the sneakers. (I exaggerate slightly about this last element.)

As Forbes reports it, one of the sources of this deep technical disturbance is the self-obsession of those older people known as parents.

They have allegedly tended to toss older Apple products at their children, while buying themselves the latest iPhones.

Inevitably, this has caused a touch of pouty resentment among their offspring, who are forced to explain to their friends that possession of a smaller screen is not in any way their own fault.

Buzz Marketing's Tina Wells told Forbes: "Teens are telling us Apple is done. Apple has done a great job of embracing Gen X and older (Millennials), but I don't think they are connecting with Millennial kids."

This will surely explain why Microsoft had large numbers of Glee-ful teens dancing away in the launch ad for the Surface.
It may not explain so well why the Surface hasn't yet sold in limitless numbers.
Still, it's Apple's greatest challenge to maintain cachet as its products appear in so many more hands of so many more vintages.

When your logo gets seen too often, it can become a symbol of the establishment, rather than the renegade that teens are often desperate to embrace.

Teens want to believe that they have the inside track and that everyone else is worth nothing more than a snort. Why, they'll even allegedly drug their parents' milkshakes in order to get online.

They have great faith in their ability to unearth the novel and decry the status quo. The iPhone 5 was, for them, a little too staid.

As, it transpired this week, is Facebook.

But, as they learn only a little later, their feelings can't be trusted. Their greatest emotional stability lies in its fickleness.

Which, of course, ought to give hope to brands that haven't been in teens' minds for a long time.

I'm thinking of you, Nokia.

[pic - click to view]

Apple is done, say teens | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

68 comments for "Apple is done, say teens"

5 years ago '05        #2
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,888 | Props total: 5124 5124
My old a.ss uncle has one, my mom has one, and an ipad. My dad acting like he wants one, and he cant even use a computer...

iPhones are done, they are not for the in crowd anymore.
 5 years ago '04        #3
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Older people still love them and they're the ones buying them so until the kiddies get a job they're stuck.
 5 years ago '07        #4
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
Holy sh*t, this was painful to read. Horrible, horrible writing. Too much cuteness, not enough news. Even the Forbes article where this report was generated offers little more than the same "teenagers are purveyors of cool" rhetoric.

Here's the actual bit from the Forbes op-ed that matters (

The signs that youngest smartphone audience has cooled on Apple have been steadily accumulating over the past few months. Apple, for instance, dropped several spots or remained flat on several teen brand opinion polls, including marketing agency’s Smarty Pants’ Young Love survey. And while 67% of affluent teens still say they intend to purchase an iPhone as their next upgrade, reports Piper Jaffray, Samsung pulls in second with a strong 22%. Perhaps more importantly is the fact that it was unthinkable a mere 12 months ago that any teen would prefer any phone to an iPhone if given the option.

As Apple devices experienced several technological glitches, competitors have stepped up their game by offering innovative and cool products at lower price points. Samsung, in particular, has been a.ssertive, including shipping 56.9 million units in the third quarter of 2012, nearly double the 26.9 million shipped by Apple, according to Strategy Analytics.
So the logic here is that Apple is losing its grasp because it has a 45% lead in the market on its competitor.

And Apple released one flagship phone while Samsung was on the backend of its GS3 release and launching the Note 2 in Q3 -- not including any other budget devices they dropped. Of course its numbers are more significant.

I guess what I wanna say is fu*k this article. The argument is stupid.

Last edited by KeithHernandez; 01-13-2013 at 07:35 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #5
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$22,955 | Props total: 8867 8867
 KeithHernandez said:
Holy sh*t, this was painful to read. Horrible, horrible writing. Too much cuteness, not enough news. Even the Forbes article where this report was generated offers little more than the same "teenagers are purveyors of cool" rhetoric.

Here's the actual bit from the Forbes op-ed that matters (

So the logic here is that Apple is losing its grasp because it has a 45% lead in the market on its competitor.

And Apple released one flagship phone while Samsung was on the backend of its GS3 release and launching the Note 2 in Q3 -- not including any other budget devices they dropped. Of course its numbers are more significant.

I guess what I wanna say is fu*k this article. The argument is stupid.
So Samsung sucks because they give customers options?
 5 years ago '07        #6
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
I said that? Show me where.
 5 years ago '04        #7
peto 
space
space
$2,360 | Props total: 16 16
propaganda article. all three will be around for awhile.
 5 years ago '10        #8
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 peto said:
propaganda article. all three will be around for awhile.
exactly. nothin to see here folks.
 5 years ago '05        #9
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
nobody care about the youth market...they have no money....everything you see for the next 10-20yrs thats successful will be geared towards baby boomers..its their world and we're living in it
 5 years ago '10        #10
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,414 | Props total: 6247 6247
Place a mac and a highend pc next to each other and see which one most teens choose
 5 years ago '11        #11
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
oh man just like that apple is done cant believe it

fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '07        #12
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 Trill Livin said:
Place a mac and a highend pc next to each other and see which one most teens choose
But they're not talking about that

Microsoft Surface feels better and is more stylish than the iPad, hence teens are drawn to it. Doesn't matter much right now, but in the future when they do become the target consumers then it will
 01-14-2013, 12:36 AM         #13
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k outta here, apple ain't going nowhere.
 5 years ago '04        #14
mac58 152 heat pts152
space
space
$6,587 | Props total: 10133 10133
I dont think apple is done,. . i think the iphone is losing ground quickly. . but it is still savable . .just need more options. like a bigger (wider) screen. .

but ipads, ipad minis, and mac desktops/laptops are still on the top. .

apple is and has always been a bit too stubborn. . .they make a great product. . have an amazing operating system but need to be more open minded. .

hopefully this recent loss of consumers will open their eyes. .

Last edited by mac58; 01-14-2013 at 12:43 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #15
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 684 684
Love the computers... they can keep the phones and pads
 5 years ago '05        #16
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,888 | Props total: 5124 5124
My friends all bought win8 ultrabooks which is something i found shocking lol.

Im looking to buy a Toshiba myself.
 5 years ago '11        #17
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 mac58 said:
I dont think apple is done,. . i think the iphone is losing ground quickly. .
Losing ground quickly?

Didn't the iPhone 5 just get reported as the #1 smartphone?

iOS is still BY FAR, and it's not even close, the most lucrative OS to develop for.
 5 years ago '05        #18
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Andrefrbk said:
My old a.ss uncle has one, my mom has one, and an ipad. My dad acting like he wants one, and he cant even use a computer...

iPhones are done, they are not for the in crowd anymore.
End topic. It's been clear to anyone paying attention that Apple has been in decline for a couple years now. Once middle-aged people want it, it's done.
 01-14-2013, 02:22 AM         #19
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dont fu*k with apple, but this article is ridiculous
 5 years ago '04        #20
mac58 152 heat pts152
space
space
$6,587 | Props total: 10133 10133
 PTC said:
Losing ground quickly?

Didn't the iPhone 5 just get reported as the #1 smartphone?

im not sure about the numbers, but i just know that the days of the iPhone completely dominating the smartphone market are done. . there was a time where the Iphone was the only option for most consumers. . now i see a great deal more people flocking to Samsung and other android phones. .

i personally like the iPhone OS, but after years of using an iPhone i switched to Samsung. . i switched due to the screen size, the ability to change or carry an extra battery, and the ability to add an SD card. .

In the end i wouldnt follow any brand, i just like to go for what is the best product to fit my needs at the time. . i really wanted a bigger screen so samsung was an obvious choice. .
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
97 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy