Are You Religious? Believe in God? What Do You Believe? Watch This. How You Feeling Now After?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #21
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
Stop trying to tell people what to or what not to believe.
 5 years ago '05        #22
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067 OP
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
 freshprinceoba said:
Stop trying to tell people what to or what not to believe.

Existentialism is the philosophical and cultural movement which holds that the starting point of philosophical thinking must be the experiences of the individual, and that moral and scientific thinking together do not suffice to understand human existence, so a further set of categories, governed by "authenticity", is necessary to understand human existence.[1][2][3] ("Authenticity", in the context of existentialism, is being true to one's own personality, spirit, or character.[4])
Existentialism began in the mid-19th century as a reaction against the then-dominant systematic philosophies, such as those developed by Hegel and Kant. Søren Kierkegaard, generally considered to be the first existentialist philosopher,[3][5][6] posited that it is the individual who is solely responsible for giving meaning to life and for living life passionately and sincerely ("authentically").[7][8] Existentialism became popular in the years following World War II and influenced a range of disciplines besides philosophy, including theology, drama, art, literature, and psychology.[9]
Existentialists generally regard traditional systematic or academic philosophies, in both style and content, as too abstract and remote from concrete human experience.[10][11] Scholars generally consider the views of existentialist philosophers to be profoundly different from one another relative to those of other philosophies.[3][12][13] Criticisms of existentialist philosophers include the a.ssertions that they confuse their use of terminology and contradict themselves.[14][15][16]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #23
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,252 | Props total: 4736 4736

[pic - click to view]

the second guy to ask a question is a fu*king time traveler.

Last edited by mainevent4u88; 01-12-2013 at 12:33 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #24
PseuDEEnym 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,982 | Props total: 2314 2314
The guy in the black suit asked a good question. Didn't notice any ethers tho as stated in op.
 5 years ago '05        #25
space
space
 PseuDEEnym said:
The guy in the black suit asked a good question. Didn't notice any ethers tho as stated in op.
flying horse into the universe.
 5 years ago '05        #26
space
space
 Windy said:
didnt watch

enjoy hell
mind if i join you in hell?
 5 years ago '07        #27
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
space
$3,716 | Props total: 4749 4749
 Cowboys All Day said:
MY dude, a 47 minute video is a long fu*king video for those of us who have jobs and hobbies other than youtube. The fu*k you rambling on about?

And it's not about the length, it's about the subject matter. You really think a Christian is going to take even FIVE minutes to watch something that goes against their beliefs? Would you spend 47 minutes watching a documentary about how god is real? No, just like me you wouldn't because to you and I it's a waste of fu*king time, just like a Christian sees our views... a waste of fu*king time.

You can't change someones faith in 47 minutes, especially when they don't want it to be changed......
So people who have jobs and hobbies can't sit and watch something for 47 minutes? I guess I can't watch any tv shows or movies then huh? Pretty dumb logic if you ask me. Nobody is trying to change anyone's faith, but a little open-mindedness never hurt anyone. Even if you just skim through the sh*t, I mean you came in this thread already, you saw the thread title suggested some type of religious questioning and even typed out a paragraph response.
 5 years ago '05        #28
space
space
 whowantit said:
So people who have jobs and hobbies can't sit and watch something for 47 minutes? I guess I can't watch any tv shows or movies then huh? Pretty dumb logic if you ask me. Nobody is trying to change anyone's faith, but a little open-mindedness never hurt anyone. Even if you just skim through the sh*t, I mean you came in this thread already, you saw the thread title suggested some type of religious questioning and even typed out a paragraph response.
fuking millennial generation mane.
 5 years ago '05        #29
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
was def a good discussion 47 mins went by faster then i thought, i wanted more when it was done
 5 years ago '12        #30
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
 YI-Drizzy said:
47 minutes

[pic - click to view]

dat gif
 5 years ago '09        #31
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
Great discussion, but it's just picking around again.
It are real world issues that motivate 'evil'. Religion can be a comfortable ground to base it on.
But atheism can be just that as well. If there are no repercussions for k!lling and doing evil, some people will see no problem in committing to it.
Misuse of religion = active motivation and/or foundation for 'evil' actions
Absence of religion = passive foundation / absence of consequence

With or without religion, politics and real world problems are the root.
What ever platform you choose to justify your actions, the results are the same.
Aren't there enough people already who don't even need any form of justification [school shootings etc], just the right environment?

It is on us to either extract the good values from religion and keep teaching them in their simplified form (I think religion is a rather effective way of giving children a sense of morality), or to abandon it out of fear of misinterpretation and abuse.
Religion does not k!ll. Those who abuse it, do.
But that's the same old thing... Shouldn't we all already know?

The only problem I see in bringing up children with religion is that it might replace part of rationality and search for evidence behind whatever argument that is made. The 'need for Truth' should not get lost in the process of inducing moral thinking.

While I think morality should to a degree be self-evident, and the distinction between good and bad is in a sense rooted within everybody, I do not fail to realize that the human mind and its development are extremely complex and difficult to understand, and no one is really alike in their thinking.

Last edited by Lil Jay; 01-12-2013 at 07:57 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #32
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1424 1424
 Phillipmcd said:
:
If God appeared to me like he did Abraham and tells me to sacrifice my son to him I would tell him no and go ahead and burn me for eternity. Somehow Abraham was righteous and Andrea Yates was psycho for actually going along with it
Abraham didn't sacrifice his son, read the bible kid......

"When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!”

“Here I am,” he replied.

“Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” -Genesis 22-9:14
 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM         #33
Phillipmcd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blockburner28 said:
Abraham didn't sacrifice his son, read the bible kid......
I'm aware of that. Abraham thought God was serious and ready to go along with it. If God told you to sacrifice your child what would be your reaction?

Last edited by Phillipmcd; 01-12-2013 at 10:55 AM..
 01-12-2013, 11:13 AM         #34
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whowantit said:
You illiterate dipsh*t, learn some reading comprehension. I stated that nobody is going to use 45 minutes of valuable time on something they don't give a fu*k about. Christians dont give a fu*k about opposing viewpoints just like you don't really give a fu*k about their god.
 5 years ago '12        #35
huslinsince88 
space
space
$88 | Props total: 12 12

[video - click to view]

.... its that simple
 5 years ago '04        #36
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,410 | Props total: 688 688
I personally believe there is a GOD.. Earth is clearly architected in perfect balance, everyone on earth has a different personality and soul, so with that said i definitely believe in GOD.. religion.. HELL NO

religious people k!ll me... you look down on me for not being a Christian and whole time, our black ancestors were forced into Christianity as slaves, you fu*kin bi*ches every night, and got a crucifix tattoo on ur arm when the bible clearly states that you shouldnt mark ur body... All sin is created equal right???

5 years ago '07        #37
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
space
$3,716 | Props total: 4749 4749
 Cowboys All Day said:
You illiterate dipsh*t, learn some reading comprehension. I stated that nobody is going to use 45 minutes of valuable time on something they don't give a fu*k about. Christians dont give a fu*k about opposing viewpoints just like you don't really give a fu*k about their god.
How about YOU learn some reading comprehension along with some English composition. You stated that nobody with a job and hobbies is going to sit and watch a 47 minute video. Then you proceeded to say that no Christian is going to watch a video about people arguing if God is real or not. Who said that ONLY Christians had to watch this? It's a debate about religion vs. science. So it's two opposing views not just one person saying "God is fake" for 47 minutes. There are probably some Christians, or other religious followers who might actually want to watch this, just because you can't sit still for 47 minutes doesn't mean someone else might not. Religious people spend more than 47 minutes trying to convert people to their beliefs and belittle people who aren't as "holy" as they are, so now they cant sit down and watch a video with two people talking about it? But that's neither here nor there. Are you a Christian? If so, then why did YOU come into a thread that clearly questioned your beliefs? Most likely curiosity, correct? Same reason a religious person might want to watch the video, curiosity. But the way you put it and in your eyes, all Christians are close-minded sheep. So carry on with your day.
 5 years ago '12        #38
ScroogeMcDuck 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,937 | Props total: 26 26
 Windy said:
A wicked man could never tempt my faith for I know the path of the wicked man leads directly to satans bosom.
You're a grown man (I a.ssume) and you actually believe that there is a red guy beneath the crust of the earth with a pitchfork and horns?

You can tell the concept of hell was made up by man because there's holes in the concept.

If the devil really wants men to be evil, why does he "reward" such behavior with torture when those evil doers go to hell? That doesn't make any sense.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to reward the people doing his bidding--then more people would be evil? Is he a fu*king idiot, or did some guy make up the concept of hell and say "oh sh*t, I gotta make it so people don't want to go there."

Whenever I ask religious people this question they have no explanation, so I'm waiting to hear one.

And if there was a video with a middle-aged man talking about flying horses and talking snakes outside of the context of religion, we'd all be saying he was crazy.
 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM         #39
Phillipmcd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ScroogeMcDuck said:
If the devil really wants men to be evil, why does he "reward" such behavior with torture when those evil doers go to hell? That doesn't make any sense.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to reward the people doing his bidding--then more people would be evil? Is he a fu*king idiot, or did some guy make up the concept of hell and say "oh sh*t, I gotta make it so people don't want to go there."
I remember thinking that as a kid. Why is Satan evil for punishing bad people? When you read the Bible Satan is only responsible for the deaths of Job's 10 kids (with the approval of God.) God on the other hand is responsible for the death of every firstborn Egyptian and the whole worldwide flood thing k!lling everyone except one family. If you say well God is the creator and he can do what he wants then that's the might makes right argument.

It's a horrible business plan for Satan, of course no one wants to join him and burn forever. It's saying worship God but you have freewill not to and if you don't you'll burn forever
 01-12-2013, 03:11 PM         #40
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whowantit said:
How about YOU learn some reading comprehension along with some English composition. You stated that nobody with a job and hobbies is going to sit and watch a 47 minute video. Then you proceeded to say that no Christian is going to watch a video about people arguing if God is real or not. Who said that ONLY Christians had to watch this? It's a debate about religion vs. science. So it's two opposing views not just one person saying "God is fake" for 47 minutes. There are probably some Christians, or other religious followers who might actually want to watch this, just because you can't sit still for 47 minutes doesn't mean someone else might not. Religious people spend more than 47 minutes trying to convert people to their beliefs and belittle people who aren't as "holy" as they are, so now they cant sit down and watch a video with two people talking about it? But that's neither here nor there. Are you a Christian? If so, then why did YOU come into a thread that clearly questioned your beliefs? Most likely curiosity, correct? Same reason a religious person might want to watch the video, curiosity. But the way you put it and in your eyes, all Christians are close-minded sheep. So carry on with your day.
Were you hit in the head with a brick during your infancy?

1) You ask if I'm christian despite my previous posts in this very thread pointing out that I do NOT believe in god.

2) You don't seem to understand the basic concept that people don't like things that go against their views, you must still be in grade school or not have much life experience.

3) You should k!ll your entire family so the world is no longer exposed to your gene pool.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy