Jan 9 - War on the American people? Obama exploring executive orders to combat gun violence. (CNN)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19946 19946
 Bob Sacamano said:
You can talk about f!ghter jets all you want, it was the same scenario with the revolution, militarily they had everything we had next to nothing.
the only way the american people could successfully overthrow the gov, is if the military backed us, short of that happening its a f!ght we are losing.
 5 years ago '05        #82
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8398 8398
 Bob Sacamano said:
Are you serious? Am I just wasting my breath with you fools on here?
if you're going to argue that yes you are wasting your breath at least with me at least. we are on two sides of the fence with this...it is what it is
 5 years ago '05        #83
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
How do you know? Depends on what kind of gun you have, gun control is what it sounds like, obviously its not just illegal gun control...
well we'll see, but no where in the agenda did i see take guns away from the people, so unless you can show me where it says you wont be able to purchase a gun legally at all we have to see how this further develops
 5 years ago '12        #84
Elgz 
space
space
space
$229 | Props total: 26 26
I'm from Canada.. US needs to adopt laws like ours. Much less gun violence here.. I live right across the border from Detroit and its like night and day when u cross over.. Gun laws might be a good thing.. Detroit is a war zone
 5 years ago '05        #85
space
space
 getyagameup said:
lots of intangibles there......some of the army members might not want to k!ll their own family members.....like there aren't more people in this country than soldiers. fbi stats said that there are over 1200 militias in this country that they are monitoring, and for good reason i bet. when sh*t pops off i'm sure they are going to want to know where they are so they can try to get them first. sh*t is inevitable. history tends to repeat itself. i think it's better to be armed than not nowadays especially with govt institutions like the social security offices spending thousands on buying bullets.....makes no sense other than to stock up for some sh*t to happen. i hear the entire legality of who should and shouldn't have guns.....like cops aren't crazy or have mental issues. they are all good people right??? we are our own worst enemy.
i feel you
 5 years ago '06        #86
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,099 | Props total: 219 219
so then why is hollywood releasing all these movies glorifying gun violence at this time?

backwardz
 01-10-2013, 09:26 AM         #87
slap73 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If we would elect another president same shyt would happen not just Obama
 5 years ago '04        #88
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,800 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Bob Sacamano said:
Yeah thats valid.

As far as the rest, those are some great quotes, but the fact is, we re-examine, re-evaluate, re-format, add to, subtract from, or completely strike down LAWS all the damn time. In that last long Jefferson quote, he makes no distinction between 'constitutions' and 'laws' (they appear to me to be used interchangeably) but in modern times, the difference between the U.S. constitution as an authoritative legal framework, and the hundreds of thousands of actual statutes on the books that are ever changing/evolving is vast. As a society we change our laws all the time.

My whole point with this is, it is the duty of the LEGISLATIVE branch of government to change law. The president having the ability to institute laws that effect our fundamental liberties as U.S. citizens without the LEGISLATIVE branch being involved whatsoever, is a dangerous game, because what is the check on that? I guess 4 year term wo uld be the only one, but a lot of damage can be done in that amount of time. The president being able to completely bypass Congress in making/changing law is antithetical to our representative democracy. In fact it has a distinctly authoritarian quality to it, especially when it would serve to take power away from the people.
In that quote specifically he doesn't go on to elaborate on the distinction but every time the word "constitution" is mentioned in both quotes it almost is always followed by a "and/or" and then the term laws.

So I think it's pretty safe to indicate he believed there was a distinction instead of them being interchangeable or synonymous. Now the rest of your statement pretty much explains the rest by saying the difference in between the treatment of the two are vast, with the constitution being treated as an unalterable authoritative work that out of tradition instead of practicality is kept from revising.

That's the ironic thing that the main advocate of the Bill of Rights which included the second amendment strongly believed that laws made by particular human beings at particular times became quickly antiquated (in his opinion , 19 years ) he understood how society and a nation vastly changed over time and believed laws AND constitutions should be reconsidered in their entirety after a certain period of time, yet this country is full of people that swear the constitution is a timeless and flawless piece of work that should remain unaltered even though certain components of it are almost 250 years old. To unquestionably follow 200 year old guide lines without taking heed to the warnings of the writer is like trying to operate a piece of machinery while neglecting the owner's manual.

Though it seems that certain politicians deceptively alter the constitution when they feel it's convenient for them, just like how the interpretation of the 2nd amendment was much closer to its' literal form until 2008 when the Supreme court changed it. So now it's being both interpreted AND enforced out of the context and purpose of which it was written.

I think Jefferson would agree that being unquestionably bound to the 240 year old constitution he wrote has dangerously turned this country's freedoms into handcuffs.
 5 years ago '06        #89
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Bob Sacamano said:
Precisely. Or, thousands with cheap a.ss muskets vs. hundreds of thousands of the best soldiers in the world aka The British Army in the Revolutionary War....

The dudes on here that are affirming the notion that we are all inevitably slaves to the government need to take a fu*kin history class.

you do realize that without help from the French, the americans would have been DESTROYED in the revolution right?
 5 years ago '06        #90
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 canal_boys said:
Wrong. You seems to not understand that millions of people with guns can f!ght back against thousands with drones and bombs.
you have a point, historically speaking, drones and bombs have proven in ineffective in warfare against civilian guns

i mean in Iraq, only hundreds of thousands in not millions of Iraqis died, versus about 4000 US soldiers who died

you guys watch to many movies
 5 years ago '08        #91
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,540 | Props total: 17171 17171
This actually smells like a PSYOP to get those REAL GUN SUPPORTERS to go nuts and start shooting
people thinking it will be the last chance they got at ever using a Gun ever again.

THIS GUY, they are MILLIONS like him with thousands of guns OF ALL TYPES

listen to his reply THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING TO MAKE SNAP

[video - click to view]

Last edited by The N; 01-10-2013 at 10:22 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #92
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,540 | Props total: 17171 17171
 StateProperty88 said:
a "well armed militia" isnt going to beat the most powerful army in the country. sorry
Army will actually side with the people here junior, now who is going to protect these suits?

oh yea UN SOLDIERS.......so basically it will be a US ARMY + PEOPLE vs UN Soldiers

pretty sure USA PEOPLE WIN
 5 years ago '04        #93
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 TheMindOf said:
More gun nut propaganda

[pic - click to view]

How about we show countries like Sweden and England that has strict gun laws. You can't even k!ll most animals in a lot of Europe

Gun nuts go that way ----->
 5 years ago '07        #94
space
space
Here are some examples of armed American citizens taking on the government:

Waco
Ruby Ridge
Jordan Montana
Attica

good luck
 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM         #95
oG SneakerHead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Many members of the military states they would lay down their weapons before turning on US citizens...

The UN has and will continue to be an international joke. Just another hired hitter on Uncle Sam's payroll
 01-10-2013, 11:49 AM         #96
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoTitleSince73 said:
Here are some examples of armed American citizens taking on the government:

Waco
Ruby Ridge
Jordan Montana
Attica

good luck
Word right?! Lol

I'll give these n*ggas my pistol RIGHT NOW!

Just lemme keep my house & my car. Lol
 5 years ago '04        #97
kreuzberg61 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 133 133
 The N said:
Army will actually side with the people here junior, now who is going to protect these suits?

oh yea UN SOLDIERS.......so basically it will be a US ARMY + PEOPLE vs UN Soldiers

pretty sure USA PEOPLE WIN
If you are right, the whole 'militia' argument falters. All those civilian guns would be superfluous then.

UN soldiers vs the American people? You must be smoking that good crack my breh

Only in America you will find people who are defending their right to own their little murder machines. Not saying this is bad. But certainly a singularity in this world.
 5 years ago '07        #98
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
In your head, not in reality.
lol ooook buddy, turn off the action movies.
 5 years ago '05        #99
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,881 | Props total: 30091 30091
soon enough he will enforce martial law and take all yall n*ggas sh*t. thats what this is going to lead to
 5 years ago '07        #100
space
space
 Dun Language said:
soon enough he will enforce martial law and take all yall n*ggas sh*t. thats what this is going to lead to
been hearing this for 4 years now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
138 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy