DaOmega_1's top 13 BEST Films of 2012

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,791 | Props total: 14597 14597
 DaOmega_1 said:
I think QT is owed a best director Oscar after getting snubbed for Inglourious Basterds... And, I haven't seen Life of Pi, which is something I regret pretty seriously.
I think Argo gets it.
 5 years ago '07        #82
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:
+1

I couldn't believe when I copped the Blu-Ray and watched it just how little it resembled the expereince I had in the theater(I originally rated it 9/10). The Jokes weren't as funny, the CG was plastic and hollow, and the overall feel was just small and the definition of not epic.

Can't remember a case where a film was more diminished by the Transition from Big Screen to Small Screen than "The Avengers".

Which is why I ultimately came to the conclusion that the original "Iron Man" is still the definitive Marvel film.
 5 years ago '05        #83
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,844 | Props total: 4144 4144
 TH35 said:
I think Argo gets it.
Argo isn't nominated for best director. For that matter, neither is Django Unchained.

I think Steven Spielberg will win it this year. And, Lincoln will probably take it all.
 5 years ago '05        #84
space
space
 Illstreet said:
1. Deep down, you know you prefer one over the other... Even if by the slightest margian.

2. You've seen other movies that are a procedural examination of the passing of a Bill in congress?... Funny, I never have. And I'm pretty sure I've seen more films than you...

3. You're Wrong. But it's ight.

4. Never said it "ruined" the movie... But it does subtract points and is a unmistakeable flaw on the canvas. Add in being self serving... And it's even more glaring. For that reason alone(and there are others), it's not the Best Film of the Year.

5. No problem chief... You know I respect you and we agree like 90% of the time anyway.
1). I don't have a preference, honestly. No bullsh*t, this isn't me trying to appease Marvel/DC fanboys. I just don't prefer one OVER the other. I just don't.

2). Man, you can label "Lincoln" any way you like. All I know is that for me, Daniel Day Lewis is the ONLY thing in my mind sticks out the most about that movie. Well, that and the awful ending, but that's besides the point.

3). Right.....

4). That cameo, for me, was more just funny and weird than it was an actual thing that detracted from the film. It's bad that the cameo was there, but it didn't ruin what was, essentially, a very meaningful entertainment experience for me.

5). And, I respect your opinions, fam. It ain't nothing but some boxden disagreements.
 5 years ago '05        #85
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,469 | Props total: 7118 7118
 TH35 said:
I think Argo gets it.
Spielberg for Best Director (-455) is even a bigger favorite then Lincoln for Best Picture (-278).
 5 years ago '05        #86
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
 RYLNYC said:
The Silver Lining Playbook, though? Isn't that a chick flick? Either way, didn't expect that to be in a top 10 list anytime soon.
Yeah, like no chick flicks are also good movies, get over labels and stigmas, quality exists in all genres.

As for SLP, still need to watch it, but it is on everybody's top list and did something Oscar Nom wise that hasn't been done since Raging Bull.
 5 years ago '07        #87
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,785 | Props total: 1312 1312
Nice list. Django is well deserving. "Chronicles" I didnt care for. "Cloud Atlas" I havent been able to sit through the 2 times I have tried to watch it I went to sleep on it. Might try a third time but at this point I really dont care about trying to watch it anymore. Havent seen "Beast of The Southern Wild" and probably wont. Looper wasnt bad. Havent seen "Moonrise Kingdom" or "The Silver Linings Playbook". Thoroughly enjoyed "DKR's" and "Avengers". "Dredd" was good. "Prometheus" I didnt care for. Havent seen "Lincoln" or "VHS".

My top 5 from the list:

DJango Unchained
The Dark Knight Rises
Avengers
Dredd
Looper
 5 years ago '09        #88
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
chronicle made the list....im happy with that, great fukking movie
 5 years ago '07        #89
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
Argo isn't nominated for best director. For that matter, neither is Django Unchained.

I think Steven Spielberg will win it this year. And, Lincoln will probably take it all.
I thought you were talking about best picture. Django Unchained, Lincoln, and Argo are the front runners. I really don't think Lincoln should win but its whatever .

Last edited by TH35; 01-12-2013 at 06:53 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #90
space
space
 TH35 said:
I thought you were talking about best picture. Django Unchained, Lincoln, and Argo are the front runners. I really don't think Lincoln should win but its whatever .
I agree. Lincoln shouldn't win... But, it will.
 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM         #91
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:
I believe his point was, and he's correct, that since Affleck isn't nominated for Director... "Argo" has no shot at Winning Best Picture. Same goes for "Zero" & "Django".

So yeah, "Django" & "Argo" are certainly no longer considered front runners.

I'm almost Certain that no Movie in Academy Award History has Won Best Film without it's Director even being nominated.

There are Rules to the Whole Oscar game.

It'll either be "Lincoln" or "Silver Linings Playbook"(the nomination of Weaver in Best Supporting Actress is a tell tale sign of just how in love with the film Academy Members are, as almost no one was expecting it). "Amour" is a Darkhorse.

Last edited by Illstreet; 01-12-2013 at 07:14 AM..
 01-12-2013, 07:49 AM         #92
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also, it's just my dissenting opinion...

But "Lincoln" should Win Best Picture.

With the past Election, and current situation in congress... There is not a single more resonant or timely movie in Theaters right now. If people can't start putting aside their differences and work towards what's good for the country instead of grand standing and winning ideological battles for the people who have the exact same beliefs as them... We are doomed. Resigned to the same fate as Ancient Rome before us.

COMPROMISE for the greater good of others. It's the entire message of the movie... And it's the one thing you see almost none of anymore in this society and culture. It's become an ugly word. A weak word. Everything is about "Me" and "Right Now" and "What I need".

"Lincoln" as a film juxtaposes the time at the end of the Cival War(a dramtically more bleek, fractured and divided time in our nation's history) with right now(one where we all complain about how bad we've got it)... And forces us to look at ourselves and ask, "What the fukk are we doing?". "Can we really be this stupid?"

It contains three scenes as marvelously crafted and acted as any in film this year... The meeting between Lincoln and Stevens and Lincoln's "Compass" antidote. The Scene were Lincoln explains to his cabinet why he's made the decisions he has, even if as a Lawyer he's not sure they're entirely legal. And the Scene where Lincoln tells the "George Washington" story, as burst outloud in genuine laughter of a moment as I've had in a cinema all year... Among others.

Sorry fellas... But after scenes like those, it's just kinda hard for me to get too excited about Tarantino's next grandstanding monolouge in yet another 'xplotation Genre film that ultimately will really equal nothing of any real world signifigance in my life...

*Takes a deep breath*

But that's just me.

Last edited by Illstreet; 01-12-2013 at 09:42 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #93
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I believe his point was, and he's correct, that since Affleck isn't nominated for Director... "Argo" has no shot at Winning Best Picture. Same goes for "Zero" & "Django".

So yeah, "Django" & "Argo" are certainly no longer considered front runners.

I'm almost Certain that no Movie in Academy Award History has Won Best Film without it's Director even being nominated.

There are Rules to the Whole Oscar game.

It'll either be "Lincoln" or "Silver Linings Playbook"(the nomination of Weaver in Best Supporting Actress is a tell tale sign of just how in love with the film Academy Members are, as almost no one was expecting it). "Amour" is a Darkhorse.
That's true.
 5 years ago '07        #94
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
how does flight not make tha list but chronicl and makes #2 and dredd even makes it
 5 years ago '05        #95
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
Nice list mang, I gotta see that Beasts Of The Southern Wild! Looks dope!

MY TOP TEN (In no order after the top 3)

1. Django Unchained
2. Once Upon A Time In Anatolia (This should be best foreign flick, they fu*ked up not listing it)
3. Argo
4. End Of Watch
5. Hara-Kiri: death Of A Samurai
6. James Bond: Skyfall
7. Being Flynn (underrated, Deniro was amazing in this. Depressing movie but good)
8. The Dark Knight Rises
9. Zero Dark Thirty
10. Cloud Atlas

Honerable Mentions: Prometheus and Looper

I have not seen Life Of Pi yet, and besides Daniel Day Lewis great acting and some cool cinematography I felt Lincoln was very overrated personally. I usually love the so called 'borign' movies and I mainly watch foreign flicks, but Lincoln just bored me to death. Its a technically well made film but I just didnt like it much, I respect it but was boring.

As far as movies I thought would suck but I ended up enjoying (or that got slept on or bad reviews that i didnt agree with) are as follows: Flight, k!lling Them Softly, Cosmopolis and Paperboy (Far from amazing movies or best of the year, but ended up jsut being alot better then expected).

Im with you about Cloud Atlas though, how that can be on peoples worst of the year lists is beyond me. As Ebert said, one of hte most ambitious movis ever.

Last edited by katalist; 01-12-2013 at 10:49 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #96
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
how does flight not make tha list but chronicl and makes #2 and dredd even makes it
Because, Flight was a bunch of amazing performances in a just-okay movie. Flight will not stick with me, or be memorable to me even three months from now.
 5 years ago '05        #97
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
Because, Flight was a bunch of amazing performances in a just-okay movie. Flight will not stick with me, or be memorable to me even three months from now.
Everyone is different mang, for me I thought VHS was horrible, it was one of ya fav movies.

Everyone not gonna have the same lists. Hell, Ebert had Flight in his top ten to, so homeboy above that listed it aint the only one who liked the film. I do agree with ya on flight being more about great performances then a great movie though. I felt like that for Paperboy, it was not a masterpeice by any means but the acting all around was fantastic (especially from Kidman).
 5 years ago '05        #98
space
space
 katalist said:
Everyone is different mang, for me I thought VHS was horrible, it was one of ya fav movies. Everyone not gonna have the same lists. Hell, Ebert had Flight in his top ten to, so homeboy above that listed it aint the only one who liked the film. I do agree with ya on flight being more about great performances then a great movie though.
Yeah, that's just my opinion. I feel like the performances were handicapped by a mediocre screenplay. Robert Zemeckis did his damnedest to elevate, but I feel as though it was a futile effort.
 5 years ago '05        #99
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
Yeah, that's just my opinion. I feel like the performances were handicapped by a mediocre screenplay. Robert Zemeckis did his damnedest to elevate, but I feel as though it was a futile effort.
no doubt, did you see Once Upon A Time in Anatolia yet by any chance?
 5 years ago '05        #100
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Also, it's just my dissenting opinion...

But "Lincoln" should Win Best Picture.

With the past Election, and current situation in congress... There is not a single more resonant or timely movie in Theaters right now. If people can't start putting aside their differences and work towards what's good for the country instead of grand standing and winning ideological battles for the people who have the exact same beliefs as them... We are doomed. Resigned to the same fate as Ancient Rome before us.

COMPROMISE for the greater good of others. It's the entire message of the movie... And it's the one thing you see almost none of anymore in this society and culture. It's become an ugly word. A weak word. Everything is about "Me" and "Right Now" and "What I need".

"Lincoln" as a film juxtaposes the time at the end of the Cival War(a dramtically more bleek, fractured and divided time in our nation's history) with right now(one where we all complain about how bad we've got it)... And forces us to look at ourselves and ask, "What the fukk are we doing?". "Can we really be this stupid?"

It contains three scenes as marvelously crafted and acted as any in film this year... The meeting between Lincoln and Stevens and Lincoln's "Compass" antidote. The Scene were Lincoln explains to his cabinet why he's made the decisions he has, even if as a Lawyer he's not sure they're entirely legal. And the Scene where Lincoln tells the "George Washington" story, as burst outloud in genuine laughter of a moment as I've had in a cinema all year... Among others.

Sorry fellas... But after scenes like those, it's just kinda hard for me to get too excited about Tarantino's next grandstanding monolouge in yet another 'xplotation Genre film that ultimately will really equal nothing of any real world signifigance in my life...

*Takes a deep breath*

But that's just me.
Just a thought... but why not actually watch the movie first before trashing it?
Spike Lee is that you?

It is much more then just a western or a exploatation film imo
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
314 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy