DaOmega_1's top 13 BEST Films of 2012

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #61
NoahJordan 9 heat pts
space
space
$887 | Props total: 594 594
i couldnt disagree more with some of the choices... hmmm i dont know

you do realise when you watch the avengers at home ... its a totally different vibe... i realised the imax 3d etc made this movie... at home in regular 2d its basic as fu*k

Chronicle was a good movie.. but dayum...not that good...
 5 years ago '05        #62
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Ayo... No "Life of Pi?! completely forgot about this movie... Top 5 imo
I haven't seen "Life of Pi"... So far, I really regret not having seen it yet.

NoahJordan said:
i couldnt disagree more with some of the choices... hmmm i dont know

you do realise when you watch the avengers at home ... its a totally different vibe... i realised the imax 3d etc made this movie... at home in regular 2d its basic as fu*k

Chronicle was a good movie.. but dayum...not that good...
I have watched "The Avengers" at home, and enjoyed it all the same. It's not that different of a vibe to me.
 5 years ago '04        #63
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,804 | Props total: 1827 1827
I just heard that Silver Linings Playbook is the first movie to win Oscar nominations in all 4 categories, movie must be full of solid performances , will have to check it out.
 5 years ago '07        #64
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 437 437
Good list brah... Surprised to see some choices up there but overall solid list. I like the Chronicle and thought is was a BIG risk to put out. Don't know if it would have been in my top 10 but definitely in enjoyable movie. Have a feeling that movie will be a trend setter for future movies with humans with powers
 5 years ago '06        #65
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443
Ill just comment on the movies I have seen.. and in no particular order. Django is #1, that much im sure of.

Django
Skyfall
Chronicle
Avengers
Looper
Batman
 5 years ago '05        #66
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 DaForce13 said:
Good list brah... Surprised to see some choices up there but overall solid list. I like the Chronicle and thought is was a BIG risk to put out. Don't know if it would have been in my top 10 but definitely in enjoyable movie. Have a feeling that movie will be a trend setter for future movies with humans with powers
I felt as though Chronicle was a much need tonic away from the usual bloated, over-produced Hollywood superhero movies. Here is a movie that manages to tell an original, fully developed, engaging story, manages to tell it well, and manages to tell that story in under 90 minutes without feeling a single second too long.

In a lot of ways, Chronicle provided me a more complete entertainment experience than either TDKR or The Avengers.
 5 years ago '05        #67
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,445 | Props total: 7088 7088
 Illstreet said:
As if that's the only problem with it...

It was just ONE that immediately disqualified it from being Ranked the Best Film of the Year.

No ignoring it.

If you're a Director, and you gave yourself a cameo in your film as a speaking part in the Third Act and you fukking sucked to the point of making people in the audience cringe... YOU FUKKED UP. PERIOD.

I've struggled to think of another such example in Cinema History... Can't come up with one.
What's your top five?
 5 years ago '05        #68
space
space
 Muggz said:
Chronicle was corny. Ts must be 16. How does this top DKR and Avengers
VHS was a.ss obviously know nothing about horror genre
Dredd was biting Raid so hard I almost dozed off cuz I felt like I already saw this movie. And the sh*t was in 3D
 5 years ago '05        #69
space
space
 miamishank said:
def better than the cop movie I fell asleep on you guys keep mentioning and prolly better than VHS bc its on netflix but thats just an educated guess
You fell asleep watching End Of Watch?

5 years ago '04        #70
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
 DaOmega_1 said:
It'd probably be wrestling with Django Unchained for my number 1 spot.
So ZDT is pretty good? Im going to have to check it out.

My list to far

#1 - Django Unchained
#2 - Prometheus
#3 - Looper
#4 - The Dark Knight Rises
#5 - Dredd
#6 - End of Watch
#7 - Cloud Atlas
#8 - Skyfall
#9 - Argo
#10- Wreck it Ralph

The first 5 are the permanent ones. the rest are really in no particular order

Dredd Kinda caught me offguard. Wasn't expecting much from in and was pleasantly surprised.

Overall 2012 was a good year for movies.
 5 years ago '04        #71
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,042 | Props total: 33762 33762
Has anyone here seen "Amour" yet? Wondering if it's work the watch.
 5 years ago '11        #72
Darealness420 
space
space
$659 | Props total: 310 310
Great list man but damn no mention if the raid redemption? That's the best action movie I've seen in years
 5 years ago '04        #73
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
 Muggz said:
Dredd was biting Raid so hard I almost dozed off cuz I felt like I already saw this movie. And the sh*t was in 3D

5 years ago '07        #74
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,341 | Props total: 384 384
i've only watched 6 out of the 13....i agree with chronicle being one of the best of the year. for me the movie of the year has been beasts of the southern wild.
 5 years ago '04        #75
the wise one 
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 82 82
no "End of Watch"?...that was easily a top 5 movie..rest of the list is alright...
 01-11-2013, 03:55 AM         #76
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
1). I don't see it as a cop out, since I literally don't look as TDKR as better than The Avengers, or vice versa. For me, they're both great representations of the genre.

2). Lincoln still has issues, besides it just being "Oscar bait" (which I never stated it was in my original post). I really enjoyed "Lincoln" a lot, but I still feel like it is just another variation of another story I've seen before. It isn't different enough or unique enough to really stick with me in any real way. So, no. I shouldn't be higher on my list.

3). Yes, Moonrise Kingdom is a better, more original movie than The Silver Linings Playbook. Please don't ask me to throw SLP under the bus, because I love that movie. But, in terms of what movie has stuck with me more, it would EASILY be Moonrise Kingdom.

4). A cameo, especially one that is no more than 3 minutes, is not enough to ruin a movie that is almost three hours. No. Just no.

5). Thanks for the comments & the feedback.
1. Deep down, you know you prefer one over the other... Even if by the slightest margian.

2. You've seen other movies that are a procedural examination of the passing of a Bill in congress?... Funny, I never have. And I'm pretty sure I've seen more films than you...

3. You're Wrong. But it's ight.

4. Never said it "ruined" the movie... But it does subtract points and is a unmistakeable flaw on the canvas. Add in being self serving... And it's even more glaring. For that reason alone(and there are others), it's not the Best Film of the Year.

5. No problem chief... You know I respect you and we agree like 90% of the time anyway.

Last edited by Illstreet; 01-11-2013 at 04:17 AM..
 01-11-2013, 04:00 AM         #77
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoahJordan said:
+1

I couldn't believe when I copped the Blu-Ray and watched it just how little it resembled the expereince I had in the theater(I originally rated it 9/10). The Jokes weren't as funny, the CG was plastic and hollow, and the overall feel was just small and the definition of not epic.

Can't remember a case where a film was more diminished by the Transition from Big Screen to Small Screen than "The Avengers".

Which is why I ultimately came to the conclusion that the original "Iron Man" is still the definitive Marvel film.
 01-11-2013, 04:16 AM         #78
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
What's your top five?
I can't really give a very good answer because there are so many films I haven't seen yet... I've watched a lot more classic films this year than contemporary. But as for what I've seen so far:

1. "Lincoln"
2. "Silver Linings Playbook"
3. "Argo"
4. "The Dark Knight Rises"
5. "Django Unchained"
6. "The Master"
7. "Moonrise Kingdom"
8. "Skyfall"

^^^"Lincoln" and "Silver Linings" easily being the 2 Best films I've seen this year. Both 9.5 outta 10 with good chances to get bumped up to a 10 on second viewing... I'm almost certian that on a second viewing, I'll probably like "The Master" more than "Django"(more challenging & more substance). Strangely after having been innitially dissapointed, I've been thinking about "The Master" a lot lately and am dying for another chance to soak that one in.

Films I Haven't Seen Yet:

Zero Dark Thirty - (will probably be in my Top 5)
Amour - (now on my radar)
Beasts of the Southern Wild - (on my Netflix list)
Flight - (on my Netflix list)
The Sessions - (on my Netflix list)
Looper - (on my Netflix list)
Life of Pi - (eh)
Chronicle - (on my Netflix list)
The Hobbit - (couldn't decide what format to see it in, ultimately said fukk it)
Les Miserables - (eh, I've seen the Charles Laughton Version. Not really interested)
Cloud Atlas - (on my Netflix list)
Wreck it Ralph - (on my Netflix list)
End of Watch - (on my Netflix list)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - (on my Netflix list)
Arbitrage - (on my Netflix list)

Last edited by Illstreet; 01-11-2013 at 04:19 AM..
 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM         #79
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Just saw Silver Linings Playbook.. Overrated imho.. And the replay value isnt very high..
 Maroon_Tiger said:
But Avengers, the replay value is off the chain, even at home or on the ipad...my body is screaming for iron man 3
 5 years ago '05        #80
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I can't really give a very good answer because there are so many films I haven't seen yet... I've watched a lot more classic films this year than contemporary. But as for what I've seen so far:

1. "Lincoln"
2. "Silver Linings Playbook"
3. "Argo"
4. "The Dark Knight Rises"
5. "Django Unchained"
6. "The Master"
7. "Moonrise Kingdom"
8. "Skyfall"

^^^"Lincoln" and "Silver Linings" easily being the 2 Best films I've seen this year. Both 9.5 outta 10 with good chances to get bumped up to a 10 on second viewing... I'm almost certian that on a second viewing, I'll probably like "The Master" more than "Django"(more challenging & more substance). Strangely after having been innitially dissapointed, I've been thinking about "The Master" a lot lately and am dying for another chance to soak that one in.

Films I Haven't Seen Yet:

Zero Dark Thirty - (will probably be in my Top 5)
Amour - (now on my radar)
Beasts of the Southern Wild - (on my Netflix list)
Flight - (on my Netflix list)
The Sessions - (on my Netflix list)
Looper - (on my Netflix list)
Life of Pi - (eh)
Chronicle - (on my Netflix list)
The Hobbit - (couldn't decide what format to see it in, ultimately said fukk it)
Les Miserables - (eh, I've seen the Charles Laughton Version. Not really interested)
Cloud Atlas - (on my Netflix list)
Wreck it Ralph - (on my Netflix list)
End of Watch - (on my Netflix list)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - (on my Netflix list)
Arbitrage - (on my Netflix list)
Nearly all of the ones you have on your Netflix list have good rips out on the net, fyi.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
275 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy