DaOmega_1's top 13 BEST Films of 2012

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,844 | Props total: 4142 4142
 walker2781 said:
Im glad to see somebody realize how good and important the new Dredd is. Everybody gave Dredd heat because they felt it was a rip off of Raid, nobody seen all the good it brought to the table. That movie captured the essence of the source material and IMO laid the foundation for an even better sequel/franchise.

Chronicle was a much need think outside the box super hero movie, something we haven't seen since Unbreakable. It was extremely entertaining and well worth my price of admission.

Prometheus was enjoyable for all the same reasons u listed, it was without a doubt the most gorgeous movie I seen in a min, the story was in a sense abstract and made u think, and for me had me wanting more. However, this movie was not perfect by no means, my biggest complaint was with the incredibly unrealistic actions of the Prometheus crew...for instance, the dude taking his helmet off just cause the air is breathable, the map make with all his gadgets gets lost and then as scared as they was decided to play with a nasty looking snake thing. The biggest wtf moment was when they opened the door and turned their back on folded up zombie man. Aside from the poor decisions of the crew the acting was on point, they played stupid in fine form.

The rest of these movies I still need to see, top of my list is Moonrise kingdom, Beast of the Southern Wild, Django, Lincoln and Zero Dark thirty.
Yeah, those are the main reasons why Prometheus isn't higher on my list.
 5 years ago '05        #22
fazzjoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,006 | Props total: 1 1
End of Watch...? Anyone?
 5 years ago '05        #23
space
space
 fazzjoe said:
End of Watch...? Anyone?
Honestly, good... not great.
 5 years ago '04        #24
D.IrIsH 334 heat pts334
space
space
$5,228 | Props total: 7090 7090
"End of Watch" was great.. took the normal "cop" movie an evolutionary step further IMO.

"Cloud Atlas" was fu*king garbage.. it shouldn't be anywhere close to this list and I was one of the ones really looking forward to it. Halle Barry's accent anyone?? Why the hell is her broken, futuristic dialect something you can find today in Southern Mississippi? Absolutely laughable.
 5 years ago '04        #25
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
Need to see quite a few movies on this list..
 5 years ago '07        #26
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,410 | Props total: 2526 2526
 DaOmega_1 said:
Alot of us argued about Chronicle at length when I posted my review back in February. I'm sure more people will side with you that it's overrated.
I'm with you on pretty much this entire entire list... Except I haven't seen SLP, Chronicle (I know), and Moonrise Kingdom, and Looper (I fall off during the semester... I try to catch up over the holidays... But you never have enough time)

And I'm currently watching CA (Just finished the book)

D.IrIsH said:
"Cloud Atlas" was fu*king garbage.. it shouldn't be anywhere close to this list and I was one of the ones really looking forward to it. Halle Barry's accent anyone?? Why the hell is her broken, futuristic dialect something you can find today in Southern Mississippi? Absolutely laughable.
That was exactly how her dialect was written in the book though. The point was the deevolution of certain sections of people and they're obviously a bit more advanced... But she was supposed to talk to them in their dialect as to stop them from interfering

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 01-09-2013 at 10:45 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #27
space
space
 D.IrIsH said:
"End of Watch" was great.. took the normal "cop" movie an evolutionary step further IMO.

To me, End of Watch was just a normal cop movie, except mixed with found footage this time. It doesn't, to me, change or turn conventions of the cop movie on it's head. It just applies those same conventions in a different format. Granted, it works in making that format exciting again, but it doesn't feel like an evolutionary step forward... Just more of the same in a different, newer, more enjoyable package.

As for Cloud Atlas, hey... different strokes for different folks. Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but I thought it was an amazing film. Halle Barry's accent I think was more of a dialect of a dying civilization. For me, I just found alot to admire in how ballsy & ambitious the whole production was.
 5 years ago '04        #28
D.IrIsH 334 heat pts334
space
space
$5,228 | Props total: 7090 7090
 DaOmega_1 said:
To me, End of Watch was just a normal cop movie, except mixed with found footage this time. It doesn't, to me, change or turn conventions of the cop movie on it's head. It just applies those same conventions in a different format. Granted, it works in making that format exciting again, but it doesn't feel like an evolutionary step forward... Just more of the same in a different, newer, more enjoyable package.

^Good point, that's probably pretty accurate.

As for Cloud Atlas, hey... different strokes for different folks. Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but I thought it was an amazing film. Halle Barry's accent I think was more of a dialect of a dying civilization. For me, I just found alot to admire in how ballsy & ambitious the whole production was.

Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I could write an essay on the numerous ways this film fell short.

I'll have to check Dredd and Looper out.. Django Unchained is movie of the year for me, what a masterpiece.
 5 years ago '04        #29
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1847 1847
Cloud Atlas seems to be such a polarizing movie, I haven't seen it but almost everyone who has either says it's trash or the greatest movie in years. I guess it's kind of like the "Drive" of 2012 only difference is that Drive actually got love from alot of film review sites, Cloud atlas to my knowledge has not.

Dope list tho, I feel Lincoln should be higher and you definitely need to see Life of Pi.
 5 years ago '05        #30
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Cloud Atlas seems to be such a polarizing movie, I haven't seen it but almost everyone who has either says it's trash or the greatest movie in years. I guess it's kind of like the "Drive" of 2012 only difference is that Drive actually got love from alot of film review sites, Cloud atlas to my knowledge has not.

Dope list tho, I feel Lincoln should be higher and you definitely need to see Life of Pi.
Cloud Atlas has split everyone (film critics/audience) right down the middle. It's more polarizing than Drive. I think Cloud Atlas is ambitious & ballsy in a way that almost guarantees hatred as much as love.
 5 years ago '06        #31
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3537 3537
Just tried watching VHS....couldn't get passed the webcam scene.....I'll wait till' the morning...that s.hit felt too real for me.
 5 years ago '07        #32
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,410 | Props total: 2526 2526
 DaOmega_1 said:
Cloud Atlas has split everyone (film critics/audience) right down the middle. It's more polarizing than Drive. I think Cloud Atlas is ambitious & ballsy in a way that almost guarantees hatred as much as love.
Well the author himself said the movie was unfilmable... And I think the Wachowskis did a pretty good job of bringing everything in the book to the screen
 5 years ago '04        #33
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
I just finished watching VHS.......da fuq did I just watch? None of that sh*t made sense.
 5 years ago '06        #34
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
End of Watch and Skyfall shouldve definitely made your list.
 5 years ago '06        #35
shortdog26 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,417 | Props total: 3655 3655
always appreciate reading your reviews & i agree with most of the movies you have on your list but me personally wouldve put The Grey on it, the whole human aspect in the movie is real deep
 5 years ago '10        #36
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
 ManWithoutFear! said:
You didnt like that "Safety not Guaranteed" joint? Thought that was one of the better movies of 2012. Ending surprised the hell outa me.
And here I was thinking I was the only one of here that seen that.

Dope movie. I watched it at random just for the hell of it, and ended up really enjoying it. The end definitely was unexpected.

VHS was pretty good, but just kinda random. Been fiending to see Silver Linings Playbook though. Heard nothing but good things about it.

Also, I agree with those saying End of Watch should've made the list. Movie was great.
 5 years ago '04        #37
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,413 | Props total: 3478 3478
 DaOmega_1 said:
Then, you clearly haven't seen the very worst movies of the year.

What's with the beef with the "kid with powers" thing?
It's overdone, most of the kids can't act for sh*t.. Then almost certainly some sort of rage fit results in some ridiculous catastrophic event happening.

I thought Chronicle was solid until "you know who" died.. Then it just got way too over the top and excessive for my taste.

I'm pretty sure I already got into this, but the same thing just ruined Looper for me too.

It was a solid storyline, but the "super powers" sh*t is just overdone and usually there's some dumb moral lesson or dilemma added in there to make you feel like you didn't waste your time watching it.
 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM         #38
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First... "Zero Dark Thirty" was officially released in 2012... Limited Release... But official none the less. It should be on this list.

Second... The whole "Avengers" "TDKR" bit is a cop out and kinda weak... If I'm being real with you. Just rank em how you honestly feel without an asterisk. No need to be PC.

Third... "Lincoln" is way too low... And the oscar bait arguement has gotten old from people. It's the story. A Historical recounting. That's what it is. To label it "Oscar Bait" is lazy critisism and a cop out... If you've got issues with the film, find a better way to convey them...

Fourth... "Moonrise Kingdom" over "Silver Linings Playbook"?
[pic - click to view]

Fifth... Any film that contains such an absurdly horrid, completely unnecessary and cringeworthy distraction from the actual proceedings of the film as "Django Unchained" does with Taratino's patheticly acted cameo CANNOT be seriously considered as the Best Film of the Year...

Yeah... It really was that bad. No... Really.

Sixth... You're entitled to your opinions.

Just commenting cause you asked for feedback.

Last edited by Illstreet; 01-10-2013 at 03:01 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #39
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4275 4275
 RoyceDa59 said:
I just finished watching VHS.......da fuq did I just watch? None of that sh*t made sense.

Dont over analyze it fam just enjoy each short as its own seperate awesome entity.

As for list, good work homie! Ive seen almost every movie on the list and the analysis was pretty spot on.

Django was def. number 1! You have to be an idiot to let one cameo spoil your whole outlook on a great flick.

I think End of watch should def be somewhere on the list... its to cop movies what chronicle is super hero flix.
 5 years ago '10        #40
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
I kinda fu*ks with your list but The Avengers >>>>>> The Dark Knight Rises tho.
and Chronicle is rated waaaay too high for me. i forgot that movie even came out last year

but Django at #1 fu*k Lincoln and Argo and all that otha sh*t. (those were great movies tho, don't get me wrong.)
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy