Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM         #21
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thing is DOA.
 5 years ago '06        #22
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 HiRolliN said:

steam is a digital download service so yes it will be discless.

also anyone with an existing steam account will have access there entire library with this device.
No sh*t its discless, console with no ability to trade or sell games once your done could be a major sticking point.

PC users have no use for this & why would console users abandon the new systems for something you cant sell your games on let alone the lack of AAA titles it will have in comparison? Please enlighten.

Last edited by Soraci7; 01-08-2013 at 07:22 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #23
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
 Soraci7 said:
No sh*t its discless, console with no ability to trade or sell games once your done could be a major sticking point.

PC users have no use for this & why would console users abandon the new systems for something you cant sell your games on let alone the lack of AAA titles it will have in comparison? Please enlighten.
there not trying to over take consoles. what there trying to do is making PC gaming more user friendly with this thing.

also the thing with steam is that they offer games dirt cheap so PC gamers dont care to trade games in.

sh*t the winter steam sale had games at half price were as console games were still priced at $60.
 01-08-2013, 07:45 PM         #24
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
there not trying to over take consoles. what there trying to do is making PC gaming more user friendly with this thing.

also the thing with steam is that they offer games dirt cheap so PC gamers dont care to trade games in.

sh*t the winter steam sale had games at half price were as console games were still priced at $60.
You don't think Sony/MS/Nintendo are going to muscle developers into charging more for steam licenses if they make their own console?

Look at what happened to Netflix, they lost out on a lot of content from complaints of competitors.
 5 years ago '06        #25
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
I honestly dont see a market for this thing. For the reasons mentioned before, console gamers will not have a reason to buy.

Theyve said it will be "a very controlled environment" so why would pc gamers leave their rig or feel the need to buy a device that duplicates things on an inferior scale?
 5 years ago '05        #26
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 S.TEX said:
You don't think Sony/MS/Nintendo are going to muscle developers into charging more for steam licenses if they make their own console?

Look at what happened to Netflix, they lost out on a lot of content from complaints of competitors.
well digital download has really caught on so what the three console makers need to start doing is selling games at a discounted price like steam does when they have there sales.
 5 years ago '06        #27
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
No mention of mod capability either which is the last thing that comes to mind when they say it will be "a very controlled environment"
 5 years ago '07        #28
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
 Soraci7 said:
No mention of mod capability either which is the last thing that comes to mind when they say it will be "a very controlled environment"
 5 years ago '05        #29
Hydroman 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 1184 1184
 Soraci7 said:
That little a.ss box is supposed to be powerful?

Whats the catch here? No disc based games = no trade ins. Also if ram is upgradeable but gpx card isnt, how underpowered or cheap are the real default specs? Is that how they will be able to keep it around 3-400?

I need to see more, no trade ins tho or selling your games seems like a deal breaker for me. I already have devices that run windows & netflix etc.

What does this console bring to the table besides steam & being forced to never trade or sell games once youre finished?
I agree. They really need to let folks know how this thing stacks up against a current high end PC, how upgradeable it will be, and how folks are supposed to apply mods. Since this thing has set specs, are we going to be forced into running games at certain resolutions? Will it be absolutely necessary to upgrade our CPU/Ram to run certain games? I have noticed though that Sony and MS seem to be investing in technology that will phase out disc based games, so Valve may be onto something.
 5 years ago '05        #30
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5125 5125
 Y.G. said:
Is this rumored? Graphics card not upgradable?
Its probably gonna be a CPU/GPU combo. Question is who is making it.
 5 years ago '05        #31
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5125 5125
 Soraci7 said:
I honestly dont see a market for this thing. For the reasons mentioned before, console gamers will not have a reason to buy.

Theyve said it will be "a very controlled environment" so why would pc gamers leave their rig or feel the need to buy a device that duplicates things on an inferior scale?
I agree, you can stream HDMI wirelessly to your TV now with a simple USB stick. And its 100 dollars for the whole set up. You can basically use your HDTV with your computer. So if your rig is downstairs and your living room is up stairs, you can turn the desktop stream on, navigate to your steam game and play wit your xbox controller.
 5 years ago '06        #32
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Jersey732 said:
They don't mention anything about gaming mods in this article, the closest thing to user generated content they bring up user creating stores which are a collection of games they clump together.
 5 years ago '06        #33
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Andrefrbk said:
I agree, you can stream HDMI wirelessly to your TV now with a simple USB stick. And its 100 dollars for the whole set up. You can basically use your HDTV with your computer. So if your rig is downstairs and your living room is up stairs, you can turn the desktop stream on, navigate to your steam game and play wit your xbox controller.

Exactly, using this system as a go to console would be a joke. The more and more I think about steam box, the less practical its seems.

It actually seems like a walking contradiction. A Console that uses a PC platform to sell PC games but with the restrictions of a console....uh ok?

Also you can't sell your games once your done on this console....When I'm done with a game 80% of the time it's gone, it's nice to get something back for paperweights to save on a few new games. fu*k paying $160+ for 3 new games with games on steam being a lil cheaper when your complete old library while be forced to stay with you forever.

And for those who say PC heads dont give a fu*k about selling games, its completely different with the Steam Box because you can't pirate games for it. That's the exact reason steam gives the sales it does, to combat piracy.

If anything the Steam Box is just another avenue to counter piracy for steam itself, nothing more. The system just isn't practical, so why else would they release it

Think people.

Last edited by Soraci7; 01-08-2013 at 09:01 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #34
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Soraci7 said:
That little a.ss box is supposed to be powerful?

Whats the catch here? No disc based games = no trade ins. Also if ram is upgradeable but gpx card isnt, how underpowered or cheap are the real default specs? Is that how they will be able to keep it around 3-400?

I need to see more, no trade ins tho or selling your games seems like a deal breaker for me. I already have devices that run windows & netflix etc.

What does this console bring to the table besides steam & being forced to never trade or sell games once youre finished?
Unless you absolutely need to play everything when it drops Steam is where it's at. That Winter Sale that just ended was ridiculous. At the prices you can buy some of this sh*t for I'm not even mad about not being able to trade in. I doubt I'd cop. My Desktop can run most sh*t on high and it's already hooked up to a 50' set. I don't even bother with big picture mode. It's a way for console gamers to play some of those PC exclusives, again depending on the specs.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 01-08-2013 at 09:00 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #35
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
Unless you absolutely need to play everything when it drops Steam is where it's at. That Winter Sale that just ended was ridiculous. At the prices you can buy some of this sh*t for I'm not even mad about not being able to trade in. I doubt I'd cop. My Desktop can run most sh*t on high and it's already hooked up to a 50' set. I don't even bother with big picture mode. It's a way for console gamers to play some of those PC exclusives, again depending on the specs.
Those sales really don't hold much weight though when you're stuck with your entire old library forever, once you gave them your money you're never seeing it again. I could buy a game new, play it and trade it in relatively soon for $30 towards another game. For example, I don't want a collection of madden and nba 2k8,9,10,12,13 sitting there with no money back. Just a backlog of money sitting there with nothing you can do about it. But buying them for $49 on steam was worth it?

The console doesnt hold much weight either when you have a pc(can also play discs) and I don't see what it does for console only players.

Last edited by Soraci7; 01-08-2013 at 09:14 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #36
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 Soraci7 said:
Those sales really don't hold much weight though when you're stuck with your entire old library forever, once you gave them your money you're never seeing it again. I could buy a game new, play it and trade it in relatively soon for $30 towards another game. For example, I don't want a collection of madden and nba 2k8,9,10,12,13 sitting there with no money back. Just a backlog of money sitting there with nothing you can do about it. But buying them for $49 on steam was worth it?

The console doesnt hold much weight either when you have a pc(can also play discs) and I don't see what it does for console only players.
You could just sell the steam account people do it all the time.
 5 years ago '07        #37
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,678 | Props total: 16969 16969
 Andrefrbk said:
Say fam where can I get one?
 5 years ago '06        #38
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 HiRolliN said:
You could just sell the steam account people do it all the time.
Maybe on PC, but i highly doubt that sh*t will be all good on Steambox. Not with the type of control they will have over it.

Should really be named the counter-piracy box.
 5 years ago '04        #39
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Soraci7 said:

I feel you to a point. I personally cop most of my PC games when they are on Steam and they're cheaper. I mean I copped Darksiders, Darksiders II all the DLC and the Witcher II for $20. I'm not going to be mad that I got three games for $20 and can't trade them in. I mean, Borderlands II was cheap as fu*k last week too, and Dishonored was like $29 as well. Day one? I'm still on the fence about paying full price for digital content so I'd probably still go the console route for that. It's a nice addition for console gamers. Similar type of experience, and there's a bunch of games on Steam that you can't get on consoles.
 5 years ago '06        #40
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I feel you to a point. I personally cop most of my PC games when they are on Steam and they're cheaper. I mean I copped Darksiders, Darksiders II all the DLC and the Witcher II for $20. I'm not going to be mad that I got three games for $20 and can't trade them in. I mean, Borderlands II was cheap as fu*k last week too, and Dishonored was like $29 as well. Day one? I'm still on the fence about paying full price for digital content so I'd probably still go the console route for that. It's a nice addition for console gamers. Similar type of experience, and there's a bunch of games on Steam that you can't get on consoles.
And those are fantastic deals. But like someone said before, how long will steam keep offering these types of sales? This is all pre console steam box.

With them entering the console market, Sony/MS/Nin will throw a sh*t fit that one of their competitors is selling games cheaper.

Is it realistic once steam box drops?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy