Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Would you let neegan bust your homeboys heads wide open for a night wi..
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Love #1 on iTunes in less than 24 hours
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Erykah Badu Shakes Dat Azz In Bra & Panties,
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Omg wtf YOUNG MA WITH MAKEUP ON

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '08        #1181
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
$2,993 | Props total: 26 26
Updates out the a.ss coming in 3.....2..........1
 4 years ago '08        #1182
Ragnow gets a visit from Trickett

In recent years, Florida State has searched far and wide for offensive linemen. That trend continues in the 2014 class as evidenced by Rick Trickett’s visit to Chanhassen (Minn.) to check in on three-star offensive tackle Frank Ragnow on Monday morning.

Ragnow hopes to visit FSU this summer.

According to Ragnow, Trickett said hello to him and met with his coach. The talented offensive lineman has been speaking with Trickett for several weeks.

“He talks a lot about all of the guys that he has produced for the NFL,” Ragnow said. “He talked about how my film is really impressive to him. He said that I would have a good chance to start as a freshman down there at Florida State. That is basically it.”

The 6-foot-6, 286-pound lineman believes he is being recruited as a left tackle. He shared some of what he knows about Florida State at this stage of his recruitment.

“They are really successful, they always win,” Ragnow said. “They have the cool arm thing (tomahawk chop) and great fans.”

Ragnow hopes to learn more about the Garnet and Gold at some point down the road.

“I definitely want to get down there as soon as possible,” Ragnow said. “I think sometime in the summer that will happen.”

In addition to an offer from Florida State, Ragnow also had tenders from Minnesota, Missouri, Pittsburgh and South Florida. He says distance won’t be a factor in his decision. He shared where things stand as of today.

“I don’t really have a leader or favorite,” Ragnow said. “I just want to find a school with good academics first of all, and tThen somewhere that I am most comfortable with the coaching staff, the players, the team, and the environment of the campus. Also, somewhere that we are going to win.”

Ragnow expects visits from Iowa State, Pitt, and South Florida later this week.
 4 years ago '08        #1183
Booth Heads Back To Bama & Vandy

Indianapolis (Ind.) Pike Top247 receiver Dominique Booth has been making the recruiting rounds, and this past weekend he was able to get back and see two of his top schools in Alabama and Vanderbilt.

Booth recently visited Tuscaloosa during his spring break which began the weekend of March 29, where he saw nine schools in nine days. He was last in Nashville on March 16.

“Both of those two are high with me,” Booth said. “I really like both of those schools a lot.”

The other programs Booth is still considering includes Tennessee, Florida State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Indiana and Missouri.

Booth stayed in Birmingham on Friday night, allowing him and his father to get to Alabama early Saturday morning for the spring game.

“We met up with Coach (Bobby) Williams for a while and then I was with the receivers coach, Coach (Billy) Napier just talking and catching up. Coach Napier told me last time I was there I impressed a lot of people. He said I’m a lot bigger than I thought he was and I definitely impressed him with my size and weight.”

Alabama continues to impress Booth.

“We went to the ceremony where the captains from last year put their hands in cement and then we went to the Walk Of Champions,” Booth recapped. “Being in front of all those people, that was real cool.”

Ranked by the 247Composite as the nation’s No. 19 receiver and No. 168 prospect overall, Booth enjoyed the spring game and then went to a barbeque with the recruits afterwards. Before hitting the road for Vanderbilt, Booth got some time with head coach Nick Saban.

“That was good catching up with him,” Booth said. “He asked me about spring football and I told him we don’t have spring football and he said he’ll have someone up to watch me. Coach Williams said he’s coming sometime in May.”

As soon as Booth got to the Commodores campus he linked up with senior receiver Jordan Matthews and sophomore running back Brian Kimbrow.

“We were walking around and hanging out and we talked for a long time that night about the different things in the program,” Booth said.

In the morning, Booth got up with offensive coordinator Josh Gattis.

“He showed me how they prepare their players for the NFL, and that they’re an NFL system and they study everything from the 49ers because they want to play the same.”

Booth went and grabbed breakfast with head coach James Franklin, and then came back and watched a presentation Gattis prepared comparing Vanderbilt to Booth’s other top schools.

“I had a really good conversation with them,” Booth said. “I got to see them in a more personal way.”

Booth does not have any future visits scheduled.
 4 years ago '08        #1184
What About Gresham?

On Monday, the Longhorns lost a commitment from Fort Worth All Saints 2014 offensive lineman Demetrius Knox, their highest ranked commit.

Daniel Gresham says he remains fully committed to the Longhorns.
Naturally the speculation now surrounds running back Daniel Gresham, Knox’s close friend and teammate who is committed to Texas, and how this affects his recruitment.

Mack Brown and his staff offered both Gresham and Knox in early August, before the season began, when the first set of 2014 scholarship offers went out. Gresham committed only five days later, calling Texas his dream school. Meanwhile it took Knox over three months to mull over his options before pulling the trigger.

Just as Knox didn’t affect Gresham’s commitment decision then, he says that Knox’s de-commitment won’t affect his commitment to Texas now.

“With all due respect I’m my own person,” Gresham told Hookem.com via text. “Meech (Demetrius Knox) felt like it was the best choice for him.”

Texas’ no-visit policy was the major hang-up for Knox when it came to his commitment to the Horns and was one of the reasons he severed his ties to Texas on Monday.

While Gresham has visited two schools since committing, Ole Miss with another teammate and Ohio State with Knox, he now has those days behind him.

“I’m a Longhorn,” Gresham said. “I’m not going anywhere and I’m solid with my commitment. No more visits.”

Although Texas was the first to offer the 5-foot-10, 230-pound running back/fullback, many others have followed suit. He also holds scholarships from Alabama, Tennessee, Miami, Ohio State, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Louisville.

With a rating of 90, Gresham is considered a four-star prospect in the 247Sports rankings, along with being ranked the No. 1 fullback in the nation and No. 37 player in the state.
 4 years ago '08        #1185
McCaffrey Names Top Eleven

Littleton (Colo.) Valor Christian junior all-purpose back Christian McCaffrey is currently sporting nearly 25 scholarship offers from various programs. However, the dynamic playmaker has whittled that list down to a more manageable top eleven.

Christian McCaffrey wants to visit Notre Dame.
“I have a solid ten right now,” McCaffrey said. “Stanford, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Duke, Nebraska and Florida State are the ones at the top. They are all equal. I like what I’ve learned from all of those schools on TV and from what people have told me about them. I’ve also been forming a good relationship with the coaching staffs from those schools. All of that has been big for me, and all of those schools showing me that they want me a lot.

“There are a couple more schools in the back that I’m not counting out like Arizona State, Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech.”

The four-star prospect picked up an offer from Notre Dame earlier this month and has been feeling the love from the f!ghting Irish since then.

“First, the academics there are excellent,” the 6-0, 195-pound recruit said. “The coaching staff there is second-to-none and the fan base there is pretty awesome at Notre Dame. I could list a ton of things that standout about them.

“Coach Alford and I have a great relationship and he’d a good recruiter. He says he sees me coming in a playing a lot similar to Theo Ridd!ck. I’d be getting some carries out of the backfield and moving into the slot a little bit – just being a spread back. I’d be able to do multiple things in their offense. I really feel good about that because I definitely have the experience there, playing that role for my school, so it would be something that I’d be looking forward to.”

Is a visit to South Bend in his future?

“I’ll definitely be visiting,” McCaffrey said. “I would say I’d like to get out there in the late-spring or early-summer. It’s all going to depend on my schedule.”

Stanford, where McCaffrey’s father, Ed McCaffrey played before his 13-year NFL career, looks to be the stiffest competition moving forward. However, the younger McCaffrey says all teams will get a fair look before he decides, and that he doesn’t feel any pressure to jump on board with the Cardinal.

“I wouldn’t necessarily say there is any pressure for me to go there,” McCaffrey said. “At the end of the day it’s my decision, and my parents want me to make my decision based on the school that I like the most. Stanford is definitely an awesome program and will be a school that will be in my top until the end, but at the end of the day, I’m going to make the best decision for me and go where I want to spend the next four-to-five years of my life.”

McCaffrey has been on visits to Alabama, Duke, Oregon, Stanford and Washington.

He is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 5 junior all-purpose back in the country, the No. 1 player in Colorado and the nation’s No. 243 overall player in the class of 2013.
 4 years ago '08        #1186
Recruiting Developments: 4/23 (Updated: 11:30 a.m.)

DE Lorenzo Carter (Norcross (Ga.)) will get a visit from Charles Kelly and Odell Haggins. Carter is a five-star, ranked No. 3 overall in Top247.
DE Malik McDowell (Detroit (Mich.) Loyola) will get a visit from Tim Brewster according to 247Sports analyst Steve Wiltfong. McDowell is a four-star, ranked No. 30 overall in Top247.
DE Lorenzo Featherston (Greensboro (N.C.) Page) will get a visit from Sal Sunseri. Featherston is a four-star, No. 33 overall in Top247.
DE Kentavius Street (Greenville (N.C.) J.H. Rose) will get a visit from Sal Sunseri. Street is a four-star, No. 65 overall in Top247.
S Cortez McDowell (Locust Grove (Ga.)) will get a visit from Odell Haggins. McDowell is a four-star, ranked No. 121 overall in Top247.
DB Damon Webb (Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech) will get a visit from Tim Brewster. Webb is a four-star, ranked No. 162 overall in Top247. He is committed to OSU.
RB Myles Autry (Norcross (Ga.)) will get a visit from Charles Kelly and Odell Haggins. Autry is a four-star, ranked No. 178 overall in Top247.
LB Deon Drake (Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech) will get a visit from Tim Brewster. Drake is a four-star, ranked No. 206 overall in Top247. He is committed to Michigan State.
LB Chris Register (Greensboro (N.C.) Dudley) will get a visit from Sal Sunseri. Register is a four-star, ranked No. 234 overall in Top247.
OL Frank Ragnow (Chanhassen (Minn.)) will get a visit from Rick Trickett. Ragnow is a three-star.
LB William White (Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech) will get a visit from Tim Brewster. White is a 247Composite three-star. He is committed to Toledo.
DE D'Andre Walker (Fairburn (Ga.) Langston Hughes) will get a visit from Odell Haggins. He is a 2015 prospect.
PQB Jayru Campbell (Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech) will get a visit from Tim Brewster. He is a 2015 prospect. LB Kevin Mouhon (Norcross, (Ga.)) will get a visit from Charles Kelly and Odell Haggins. Mouhon is a four-star, ranked No. 145 overall in Top247.

LB Clifton Garrett (Plainfield (Ill.) South) will get a visit from a FSU coach. Garrett is a five-star, ranked No. 25 overall in Top247.
OT Jamarco Jones (Chicago (Ill.) De La Salle) will get a visit from Tim Brewster. Jones is a four-star, ranked No. 43 overall in Top247.
OT Roderick Johnson (Florissant (Mo.) Hazelwood Central) will get a visit from a FSU coach. Johnson is a four-star, ranked No. 91 overall in Top247.
TE Ian Bunting (Hinsdale (Ill.)) will get a visit from Tim Brewster. Bunting is a four-star.
Tuesday OT David Sharpe (Jacksonville (Fla.) Providence) will get a visit from Jeremy Pruitt. Sharpe is a five-star, ranked No. 8 overall in Top247.

PQB JJ Cosentino (Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic) will get a visit from Sal Sunseri. Cosentino is a four-star, No. 235 overall in Top247.
Wednesday OT Jermaine Eluemunor (Scranton (Pa.) Lackawanna C.C.) will get a visit from Rick Trickett. Eluemunor is a four-star, No. 1 overall in JUCO.

Thursday OT Chad Mavety (Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C.) will get a visit from Rick Trickett. Mavety is a four-star, No. 2 overall in JUCO.

Saturday DE Andrew Williams (McDonough (Ga.) Eagles Landing Christian) will get a visit from Odell Haggins. Williams is a four-star, ranked No. 190 overall in Top247.

We will have more updates throughout the day as we confirm more visits. We do not expect any in-state visits to take place until next week because spring football doesn't start until May 1.
 4 years ago '08        #1187
Willing to prove himself

Miami (Fla.) Jackson four-star dual-threat quarterback Quinton Flowers is looking to prove himself. Colleges have been slow to offer the 6-foot, 210-pound quarterback due to his height. But that's okay with Flowers, he wouldn't want it any other way -- he's willing to work for it.

"I got schools talking to me about coming in as an athlete or a free safety," said Flowers, who disagree's with the idea of switching positions. "I'm a quarterback. I'm only going to school to play quarterback."

This summer Flowers plans on visiting USF, Marshall and FSU to throw for their coaches.

"I'm going up to Florida State because Jimbo Fisher wants to see me throw. He said that once he see's how I look he'll decide on whether or not to offer. I know once he see's me throw I'm going to get that offer."

What Flowers lacks in height, he makes up for in confidence.

"The way I see it is like this - you may look at me as a small player, but I'm 6-foot, 210 and when I get on the field I'm a different player than what coaches are used to seeing."

The two schools Flowers talks to the most are USF and FSU. He also hears from Ole Miss, Syracuse, Marshall and UCF.

"Coach (Telly) Lockette at USF is from down here (Miami) and he tells me that he knows where I'm from and he knows it's a football city. We're going to keep talking and build a connection."

Coach Tim Brewster is Flowers main contact at Florida State.

"We talk a lot, he's just waiting for me to come up there and they can see what I have. Coach Brewster thinks I can earn the offer."

Throughout the recruiting process, Flowers looks to a couple NFL quarterbacks for inspiration.

"I watch Cam Newton, Drew Brees and Robert Griffin III," said Flowers. "Drew Brees doesn't care what you say about him. He's like me. He's 5-11, he may be 5-10, but he plays like a great quarterback and that's all that matters. I just try to take something from all three of those guys and put it into my game."

Flowers has no favorites right now. He says he'll see how the spring and summer go and evaluate his options before making a decision.
 4 years ago '08        #1188
WR Lane Discusses Top Schools

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Homestead (Fla.) High School wide receiver Ermon Lane and his South Florida Express 7-on-7 team accomplished their goal at this past weekend’s IMG 7v7 Southeast Regional Championship.

Lane and the Express beat a Florida Fire team that had won 19 straight games by winning the first game of the final 12-9 and the second game 19-13.

“We came here wanting to win a championship,” Lane said. “We have been working hard in practice to be the best team.”

It was the second consecutive title in the Southeast Regional Championship and now they will compete against the top 7-on-7 teams in the country at the IMG 7v7 National Championships this summer.

Lane was the top receiver at the event and he went out with the mindset to prove that he is one of the top players at his position in the country.

“I just want to show my skills and my ability,” Lane said. “I like competing against the best. I feel like people want to watch the best players go at it and it is important to me to be that guy. It is just competition and I want to always win. I have been working hard and grinding in the weight room this offseason. I feel like I have gotten a lot stronger, which is something that I needed to do, and that is going to pay off for me this year.”

Lane’s already hectic recruitment will only pick up once spring football begins at Homestead High School and college coaches from around the country flock to pay him a visit. Lane says the top schools showing him the most interest at this point are Miami, Alabama, Florida, and Florida State.

Earlier this month, Lane attended the Miami spring game.

“The Miami spring game was great,” Lane said. “The offense showed what they can do. They were making the defense work and you can see that they are going to score a lot of points this year with all the weapons they have. They are going to be a fun team to watch this year and I can’t wait to see how it turns out.”

Lane was most impressed by how the Hurricanes put an emphasis on the passing game in the scrimmage.

“Miami throws the ball a lot and they spread it around to all the playmakers,” Lane said. “As a wide receiver recruit, that is something that you want to see because you know you can come in and get your chance.”

Lane was excited to see his former Homestead High School teammate, Herb Waters, have a strong showing for Miami this spring.

“Herb is very excited about his role,” Lane said. “We talk about it all the time. He expects to be a go-to receiver for them this year. I could see at the spring game before he got hurt that he is going to take off this year. It will be a big year for him.”

Waters has backed off from recruiting Lane heavily to Miami, but Lane says he knows where his former high school teammate wants him to play his college football.

“Herb was recruiting me a lot in the beginning,” Lane said. “I know that he wants me to come to Miami with him. Now, though, he just tells me to take all my visits and make the best decision for me. He has already made his pitch to me, so I know what he wants and he will always support what I want.”

He shared his thoughts on the other three schools that are showing him the most interest at the moment.

ALABAMA: “Alabama is number one right now and that is all you really have to say about them. They have won three championships in the last four years and that stands out. They are probably the top program in the country right now. The campus is beautiful and the coaches are great as well.”

FLORIDA: “Florida is in Florida, so I am giving them a look. They have a great program and they have great coaches. They had a good team last year, but this year I think their offense can be much better. I will be looking out for that.”

FLORIDA STATE: “Florida State is coming after me now. I am a kinda interested in them, but I don’t know a lot about them right now.”

This summer, Lane plans to take trips to Florida State, Alabama, and LSU. He will also try go out to California and see USC. Lane says it will be a while before he makes any college decision and he wants to see as many schools that he can before he makes his commitment.

He likely won’t announce his commitment until National Signing Day.

“I am going to make all my official visits before I make any decision,” Lane said. “It is going to be a while before I make a commitment.”

Lane is a four-star prospect with a 97 rating by 247Sports. He is the No. 29 player in the country. As a junior in 2012, Lane caught 30 passes for 801 yards and eight touchdowns.
 4 years ago '08        #1189
Two at the top for 2015 receiver

BRADENTON, Fla. -- At the IMG 7-on-7 in Bradenton on Saturday afternoon, a 2015 wide receiver receiving major interest from several BCS programs announced two schools are out in front for him right now.

"Right now, Miami and Florida stand out to me right now," said Da'Vante Phillips, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound receiver from Miami Central.

"Miami they're recruiting me the most, they showing me more love as far as being family wise. And Florida is standing out to me because I like the school and I want to get a little far, a couple hours away."

The sophomore standout has held a Florida offer since his ninth grade year when he visited campus and the coaching staff checked out his highlights, Phillips said.

Joker Phillips, the new receivers coach at Florida, has been in charge of his recruitment early on.

His pitch?

"Just if I come in there I'll be a big help to the team, and he wants me," Phillips said.

The budding 2015 prospect also holds offers from Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Miami and South Florida.

The local Hurricanes have pushed him hard despite Phillips' Saturday revelation that he may want to play farther away from home, and it has kept the Hurricanes right up near the top on his list of schools.

"It's the hometown school, they showing a lot of love towards me," Phillips said. "James Coley, Brennan Carroll, they all showing love recruiting me. They're telling me that I make a good effort for the team and it would be a good experience for me to come up there and still play with (high school teammates) Joe Yearby and Trevor Darling."

Clemson has also caught Phillips' eye early, though the Tigers haven't been quite as active in his recruitment as Miami.

"Latest with them, they really not coming down here to visit," Phillips said. "But they show me love. I like their campus, their facility. As far as football-wise, it was nice being down there."

While Florida will have significant difficulties in pulling Phillips away from the hometown Hurricanes, it also has a built-in advantage.

Like Miami, the Gators can lean on a current commitment to help sway Phillips. Dalvin Cook, who jumped on board with Florida two weeks ago, has been in Phillips' ear a good bit.

"He wants me to be there with him, he motivates me to come," Phillips said.

Quotes provided by GatorBait.net reporter Luke Stampini.
 4 years ago '08        #1190
FSU offers four-star running back/fullback

Florida State has offered Westville (N.J.) West Deptford four-star running back/fullback Gerald Owens. He is 6-foot-2, 240-pounds.
 4 years ago '08        #1191
Orlando DE recaps visit to FSU

Orlando (Fla.) Evans defensive end Traevon Sharp made his way to Florida State on Saturday for the Garnet and Gold Game. The Seminoles are the first school to get Sharp for an unofficial visit this spring.

Sharp is likely to emerge further during the spring evaluation period.

“I have been having a lot of schools recruiting me, but Florida State was the first to have me visit,” Sharp said. “They just started showing me a lot of interest.”

The 6-foot-3, 243-pound prospect, who is being recruited by the Seminoles as a defensive end, reports offers from Cincinnati and Louisville. He also reports interest from Boston College, Florida State, Miami, South Carolina, and South Florida.

“I have been dealing with (Florida State offensive line coach) Rick Trickett,” Sharp said. “He has told me that they are considering offering me. I just have to get a few things, like my ACT, right. That is pretty much it.”

Sharp’s Saturday visit began a bit later than expected. He arrived while the spring game was already underway. While he didn’t get to watch the game, he has some familiarity with the talent level of the Seminole defense.

“I didn’t see much of the game because I got their late,” Sharp said. “I know they are real good though. They have a couple of guys going to the NFL and they will have a couple more going to the NFL after this year.”

Following the conclusion of the game, Sharp was able to meet with some of the coaches and tour the campus and facilities.

“The overall campus was nice as was the football field,” Sharp said. “I liked their weight room. They also have some newer things (technology) that no other colleges are using right now. They are just real up to date on stuff.”

At this stage, Florida State is interested in Sharp returning in June or July for another visit.

“They want me to come through during the summer,” Sharp said. “I think I am going to camp with them.”

The Seminoles are among the early standouts to Sharp.

“I like Miami, South Carolina, and Florida State,” Sharp said. “Those are the three standing out right now.”

Sharp mentioned no upcoming visit plans.
 4 years ago '08        #1192
FSU drops in on Street on Monday

Greenville (N.C.) J.H. Rose four-star defensive end Kentavius Street has been a top target for Florida State for several months. On the first day out for Florida State coaches during the spring evaluation period, the Seminoles showed just how much of a priority Street is to them.

Street no longer claims a clear-cut favorite. He had previously named Georgia his favorite.

“I had (defensive ends) Coach Sal Sunseri drop in on me today,” Street said.

Street has had limited interaction with Sunseri up to this point in his recruitment.

“He is really all about his business,” Street said. “It is all about football. He told me how I fit into his scheme, how good of an athlete that I am, and how much FSU wants me.”

The primary recruiter of Street for the Seminoles is running back coach Jay Graham. The 6-foot-3, 262-pound defensive end has formed a good bond with Graham.

“Coach Graham is different,” Street said. “I relate better with Coach Graham. I have a good relationship with him. Coach Sal is all about football, I am not sure I will have the same personal relationship with him.”

Street will continue to build the bond with the FSU coaching staff when he visits next month.

“I am going to come down there on Memorial Day weekend,” Street said.

Florida State wasn’t the only school to drop in on Monday. Ole Miss also made it by to see Street. He reports an offer from the Rebels and received a visit from defensive line coach Chris Kiffin today.

“Ole Miss is trying to get into my recruiting race now. They are really knocking on the door,” Street said. “Coach Kiffin is a good Christian man. I really like that about him. He was telling me how it is a great family environment down there and how beautiful it is. He said he was really looking forward to me visiting some time.”

At this stage, Street isn’t sure when or if he will make it to Ole Miss.

He mentioned an interest in taking visits to Georgia, Georgia Tech, N.C. State, and Virginia Tech. Those four schools, plus Florida State, help to make up his current top five. He is struggling to name a leader, after having previously put Georgia on top.

“At this point I really don’t know,” Street said. “After the visit to N.C. State (on Friday), it really just shook up my ranking with all of these schools. So at this point I don’t really have a top school.”

Street shared what impressed him about N.C. State on Friday.

“The environment was great,” Street said. “They met all of the expectations I had for them and more. Everything I am looking for in a school, they had it.”

As for a final decision, that isn’t likely to come for several more months according to Street.

“Either on Signing Day or in the Army All-American Bowl,” Street said.

247Sports.com considers Street the No. 65 prospect in the Top247. He is ranked as the No. 5 strong-side defensive end and No. 4 prospect from North Carolina.
 4 years ago '08        #1193
Projected Post-Spring Two-Deep

With spring football now concluded, Noles247.com takes a look at a projected two-deep for Florida State.

Jameis Winston
Jacob Coker

Winston is the leader in the clubhouse at the conclusion of the spring, but hasn’t officially been named the started by Jimbo Fisher. Fisher contends that the competition will persist at the start of fall camp. Still, Clint Trickett's departure from the program last week is a clear indicator that Winston's spring performance was not just a flash in the pan.

Devonta Freeman
or James Wilder Jr.

Regardless of who is 1a and who is 1b, Florida State will spread out the carries at running back. Mario Pender will also be in play at the position after a solid spring.

Chad Abram

Abram will take over the role vacated by the graduation of Lonnie Pryor. If he were to go down to injury, back-up options are walk-on players. FSU would likely utilize a running back in the spot if necessary.

Greg Dent
Kelvin Benjamin

Both will see the field. Dent received perhaps the most praise of any player during the spring and has been the more consistent player while Benjamin has unique qualities that demand he sees time at receiver.

Cameron Erving
Bryan Stork

Erving was considered the best player on the offense during the spring. He has developed into a very good offensive tackle since making the switch from defense. Stork cross-trained during the preseason at tackle in case of injury. An incoming freshman could also compete for time as a back-up.

Josue Matias
Jacob Fahrenkrug

Matias has been steady at left guard for Florida State for some time. That continues.

Bryan Stork
Austin Barron

Stork is Florida State’s most experienced offensive lineman and will handle snapping duties. He has the ability to slide to another position if injury forces that move, and Barron is a very capable replacement.

Tre' Jackson
Ruben Carter

Jackson, like Matias, has been a solid option at offensive guard for the Seminoles.

Bobby Hart
Bryan Stork

Hart locked down the right tackle job with a good spring and his pervious starting experience ought to come in handy this fall, but he will need to continue to show the effort and consistency he had over the 15 practices in March and April.

Nick O’Leary
Kevin Haplea

FSU is looking to use more two tight end sets at times and both O’Leary, as a receiver and blocker, and Haplea, more so as a blocker, are viable options. Christo Kourtzidis should also factor in at this position as well.

Kenny Shaw
Christian Green

Shaw is Florida State’s second best wide receiver and had a very strong spring. He has distanced himself from the competition.

Rashad Greene
Willie Haulstead

Greene is Florida State’s best wide receiver and perhaps top overall playmaker and is set up to have a very strong junior campaign.

Dan Hicks
Chris Casher

Hicks earned high praise for his spring after moving back to defensive end from tight end. Florida State is still waiting for the light to come on for Casher.

Demonte McAllister
or Eddie Goldman

Provided McAllister heals from the shoulder injury that prevented him from participating in spring practice, he should build on what was a strong 2012 season. He's FSU's most experienced interior lineman. Sophomore Eddie Goldman will also see plenty of snaps to keep the rotation fresh.

Timmy Jernigan
Nile Lawrence-Stample

Jernigan has waited to a.ssume the role of full-time starter and is now prepared to do so. While out with an injury during the spring game, Nile Lawrence-Stample proved to be a more than able replacement.

Mario Edwards Jr.
Giorgio Newberry

Florida State is looking for more consistency from Edwards, but he is the best option they have at this point. Freshman DeMarcus Walker, who enrolled early but wasn’t cleared for spring practice, can also fit into this discussion.

Terrance Smith
Freddie Stevenson

Smith saw limited action a season ago but looks prepared to a.ssume a starter’s role this season. Stevenson, an early enrollee, showed a good bit of promise during the spring. Stevenson can work inside or outside.

Telvin Smith
Reggie Northrup

Smith is the incumbent starter and did nothing in the spring to change his role. Northrup is another linebacker capable of working inside or outside.

Christian Jones
Ukeme Eligwe

Jones returned for his senior season and should see an increased role as a pass-rusher and attack specialist. Eligwe has the size to work inside but is a nice athlete who can wreak havoc off the edge and in space. He provides solid depth.

Lamarcus Joyner
P.J. Williams

Joyner made the move from safety to corner for his senior season and had the starter spot locked up from day one. Williams is showing promising flashes of ability at corner and fits what defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt wants at the position.

Karlos Williams
Tyler Hunter

Williams a.ssumed a starter role this spring and fits into the new defensive scheme. Williams will be used at all levels and provide help against both the run and pass. Hunter will also see a large role as a nickel back.

Terrence Brooks
Tyler Hunter

Brooks started a majority of last season and has worked hard to become an even more consistent player on the backline. He had a strong spring. When Hunter returns from injury, he will see a major role in the secondary as well.

Nick Waisome
or Ronald Darby

Despite both players missing the spring due to injury, it was pretty clear that no other cornerbacks on the roster were ready to take their job from them. The battle in August to be an opening day starter at the position will be fun to watch.

Roberto Aguayo

Aguayo has shown himself to have a strong leg to handle kickoffs and field goals from a great distance. He earned high praise for a solid spring.

Cason Beatty

Some fine-tuning to his punting style during the spring has helped him to speed up some.

Phillip Doumar

Praised as the most consistent long-snapper on the team during the spring. He has good chemistry with his counterparts on special teams.

Rashad Greene
Kenny Shaw

FSU will likely experiment with others at the position leading up to the season-opener at Pitt, but as of today these are your two most likely punt returners.

Karlos Williams
Lamarcus Joyner

Same duo that returned kicks a season ago appear likely to do the same in 2013.
 4 years ago '08        #1194
Holmes stars at Nike NFTC

ASHBURN, Va. - Norfolk (Va.) Lake Taylor defensive end Jalyn Holmes was a standout at the Nike NFTC in D.C. on Sunday. He talked about the performance, his visit to Virginia Tech, and more.

Norfolk (Va.) Lake Taylor four-star defensive end Jalyn Holmes

"It was okay," said Holmes. "I really enjoyed it. The fans were great and I was impressed with the defense in the spring game."

What stood out the most to Holmes about the experience in Blacksburg?

"The fans. They were great. They love their team and know recruiting. People were coming up to me like they've known forever and telling me that they want me to be a part of the Hokie family.

"That stood out to me immediately."

Prior to the weekend, it appeared that in-state schools Virginia Tech and Virginia were sliding down the 6-foot-5, 230-pound prospect's list.

With a spring game visit to Virginia Tech under his belt, Holmes weighed in on the Cavaliers as well.

"I've never shut the door on either program. Virginia and Virginia Tech are still both very much in play.

"I visited Virginia Tech this weekend and Virginia is in there too. The UVa staff is coming out this week. I'm hearing a lot about both schools from friends. They're both still in there."

Heading into Sunday's Nike NFTC, Holmes was planning to work out at tight end. When he arrived, however, he had a change of heart and registered to play defensive end.

"I think I would I have showed well at either tight end or defensive end. My coach wanted me to get some more work with the defensive line and show what I could do, so that's why I changed my position when I registered."

Florida and Florida State are both recruiting Holmes as a tight end. The Lake Taylor star told 247Sports earlier this month that his decision will likely come down to positional preference.

"Florida is strictly recruiting me as a tight end. Florida State likes me as both a tight end and defensive end. They just want me on the team either way. If I selected either the Seminoles or the Gators, it would most likely be as a tight end.

"I'm not ruling any schools or playing defensive end at the next level either. That's still to be determined."

Holmes said he plans to visit the two Sunshine State schools in the summer.

He was originally scheduled to visit Tennessee on Saturday but stayed in-state to take Virginia Tech's spring game instead.

The four-star defensive end has already rescheduled the visit to Knoxville.

"I'm going to Tennessee in two weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they have to offer."

Holmes' performance at yesterday's Nike NFTC earned him an invitation to Nike's The Opening in July.

"It feels good. To know all of that work that you put in is being seen others is great. It's a big honor. It's on ESPN and gives me a chance to put on for my hometown."

Holmes, who has accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 U.S. Army All-American Bowl, is ranked as the No. 45 player in the nation, No. 5 player in Virginia, and the No. 4 weak-side defensive end in the country by 247Sports.
 4 years ago '08        #1195
DC NFTC: Damian Prince Tidbits

ASHBURN, Va. – District Heights (Md.) Bishop McNamara five-star offensive tackle Damian Prince feels like a new man.

Five-star OT Damian Prince has shed 25 pounds since the fall. He earned an invite to The Opening on Sunday.

Ranked as the nation’s No. 2 offensive tackle according to the 247Composite, the 6-foot-6 Prince arrived at the Washington D.C. Nike Football Training Camp weighing a svelte 285 pounds, down from the 315 pounds he played at during the fall. The last time Prince was this light was the seventh grade, as he already weighed 290 by the eighth grade.

“Track,” Prince said of the change. “I only throw the shot put but the way we do it in practice, everyone works out together.”

Before the camp started, Prince said he was excited to play at his new weight. He ended up performing very well and earned and invited to The Opening.

“I’m faster,” Prince said. “Everything is feeling good now.”

Five schools are feeling good about where they stand with Prince as he continues through the recruiting process. He said Alabama, Florida State, Maryland, Ohio State and Rutgers were the programs currently standing out.

Alabama: “Their recruiting pitch is very, very easy. We win National Championships, so it makes things a lot easier. The proof is all in the pudding.”

Florida State: “Coach (Odell) Haggins and those guys are great. We’re all like family. I’ve been in touch with them for a long time and they’re doing well in the ACC.”

Maryland: “Coach (Mike) Locksley, me and him talk all the time and I see they have a lot of room for improvement on the offensive line. Hometown, good homey feel and they’re doing a lot of good things there now.”

Ohio State: “Coach (Zach) Smith has been my guy since day one. I call him, we chat for about 25 minutes about anything from football to basketball to everything. He’s been my dude for a long time. Great tradition and Coach (Urban) Meyer has a great knowledge for the game and is famous for getting the best out of his players.”

Rutgers: “They have a great coaching staff and they have a lot of offensive line coaches on the staff. I like Coach (Kyle) Flood and they have a lot of offensive-minded coaches that know a lot about the game. Anthony Davis went there and he was a Pro Bowler.”

Prince does not plan on making a college decision until national signing day. He doesn’t have any future visits scheduled but has a few trips in mind.

“I’d like to get to Florida State, Ohio State, Alabama and South Carolina,” Prince said.

Prince is ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 15 prospect overall.

Chris Nee:

Steve commented earlier today that he felt FSU was in a good spot. It was in the nat'l thread for today's NFTC event.
 4 years ago '08        #1196
4-star LB talks Alabama visit

One of the top defenders from the state of Florida, Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby linebacker Jacob Pugh made his way to Tuscaloosa earlier this week. The visit was the 6-foot-4, 221-pounder’s second trip to Tuscaloosa this year and provided him with a closer look at the Crimson Tide program.

Pugh last visited Alabama in February for junior day.

“Everything went good. We met with Coach Saban. They took us around campus and showed us the education part first. After that, he talked to us about football. They showed us what they have their players do,” said Pugh.

“I didn’t get to see all of the campus at junior day, so this time I got to see everything. I didn’t get to watch the spring game- unfortunately I had to come home. We got there Thursday night and had the meetings on Friday morning.”

Meeting with head coach Nick Saban was one of the highlights for the talented prospect.

"We talked about life expectations, what he expects of me as a player and a person. He talked about the football program and all of the good things they do for their players. He talked about more personal stuff- we talked on a personal level."

The Top247 prospect also met with several members of the Alabama staff while on campus.

"I talked to Coach Smart, Coach Thompson, and Coach Cochran, the weight-lifting coach. They talked about what a good person I am and how they like the way that I play. They feel like I can fit in their defense."

Pugh has a top three and is looking to make a decision prior to the summer.

“That’s still the same- Bama, Florida State, and Florida. After spring ball I will be deciding. I’ll know where I’m going after spring ball. I don’t think I’ll take anymore visits between now and then.”

The Sunshine State standout talked about what stands out about each program.

Alabama- “Out of all three schools, the education is the same. You’re going to get a good education. What separates Alabama from a lot of schools is the football. It’s the national championships they’ve won and the tradition. That’s what separates Alabama from a lot of schools.

Florida State- “They’re right around the corner. I’ve built a relationship with the coaches. I go up there often and hang out. I try to go up there and get to know the coaches better, which I already do.

Florida- “It’s the same thing (as Florida State). I have a good relationship with the coaches. I’ve been a UF fan ever since I’ve been a little boy. That’s what kind of led me to UF to start with.”

As a junior, Pugh tallied 79 tackles, 6 sacks, and 2 interceptions, helping Godby to a class 5A state championship.
 4 years ago '08        #1197
Bedenbaugh Has Sites Set On Mavety

It is certainly telling that one of the first players that OU offensive line Coach Bill Bedenbaugh is going to see during the upcoming recruiting period is offensive tackle Chad Mavety (6’6, 320, 5.1) of Nassau Community College. Mavety is one of the elite offensive tackles in the country, prep or JUCO, and Coach Bedenbaugh has had his sights set on him for over a year. That is not lost on Mavety who really likes OU and is very disappointed that he did not get a chance to make it out to the Sooners spring game.

“Actually I had planned to come down, but due to NCAA rules I wasn’t allowed to come down,” said Mavety. “I will be coming down in late May or early June. A junior college player who is a non-qualifier out of high school is not allowed on a college campus until he completes his first year.

“I really wanted to go to Norman, but I will get down there soon. I talk to Coach Bedenbaugh all the time and love talking to him. I like Oklahoma a lot. They have a great tradition and great players like Adrian Peterson and a long list of great players that came before him. They have had a lot of big time players that have come out of there and a lot of great offensive linemen, and they have a lot of linemen playing the league right now.

“They can produce lineman and they are going to have one of the best in this years draft (Lane Johnson), and had a top four pick just a couple of years ago (Trent Williams). It means a lot to me that Coach Bedenbaugh really wants me to come down there and be his left tackle. The fact that he is a real cool guy and he really wants me, and the fact that Oklahoma doesn’t lose to often is a real positive to me.”

Mavety played right tackle in his first year in JUCO ball, but this year he will move to the left tackle spot.

“I am really switching to left tackle, because that is where most D-1 coaches see me playing,” said Mavety. “Most see me as a dominating left tackle and that is where most coaches are bringing me in to play. That is most likely the position that I am going to play, but I am versatile and can play both the left and right tackle. I obviously could learn center and guard, but that is not really where I want to play.

“I have only started at right tackle the last two years of my life. This year was my second year to play JUCO ball and left tackle will be pretty new to me at this level, but I am going to be working both sides in practice. So when I get there I am ready.”

Mavety has 25-offers and with the spring recruiting period underway he knows a number of college coaches are going to be by to see him practice.

“The first coach that came by was a coach from USC I believe, but I am not sure,” said Mavety. “Coach Bedenbaugh is coming on the 22nd of April, and Alabama is going to be there the same day. We should have a lot of coaches rolling in here over the next couple of weeks. Coach (Ed) Warinner) from Ohio State was here last Thursday, and it is great that so many coaches are coming by. It is an honor and a blessing at the same time, I just hope they like what they see, and they have offered me for a reason.

“This will make me focus at practice. I have always considered myself a good practice player, but I can’t go to hard because that is my own team that I am going against, but we can get after it pretty good, and I will have to make sure I am working hard and practicing with a purpose.”

In high school Mavety didn’t get recruited much at all and this much new attention is certainly is something that he is enjoying.

“In high school I got overlooked a lot,” said Mavety. “I felt like people never really noticed me in high school for what I did, and not even for all-star teams and all-state teams, and teams like that. I was never picked for it, but my coach always told me that people underestimated me and what I am capable of.

“Now I can’t help but notice that people recognize the hard work that I put in and stuff, and it is great. I still have a lot of doubters and people that don’t believe that I am the player that I am, but they will see. There are plenty of people that still don’t feel I am good, don’t support me or say that I am c*cky. I am not c*cky but confident, but really I am a humble guy and off the field I try to be one of the nicest guys that you will meet.”

With so many schools coming by to see Mavety at least publicly he is trying to keep his options open.

“Honestly I don’t have a top five or so,” said Mevety. “However, the schools that I talk to the most are Alabama, Ohio State,, Florida State, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Nebraska and those are the schools that I talk to constantly, and almost talk to every day.”

Mavety has one official visit set with Ohio State on November 22nd, and he says he is on pace to graduate.
 4 years ago '08        #1198
DC NFTC: Derrell Scott Tidbits

ASHBURN, Va. – The nation’s top all-purpose back according to the 247Composite, Havelock (N.C.) High standout Derrell Scott showed why he has such a lofty ranking after a strong performance catching the football at Sunday’s Nike Football Training Camp held at the Washington Redskins Training Center.

Four-star RB Derrell Scott was a tough cover for LBs during Sunday's Nike Football Training Camp.

Following an afternoon of torching linebackers, the 5-foot-11, 180-pound Scott talked with 247Sports about the latest regarding his recruitment.

The Schools Likely In It Till The End… “South Carolina, Florida State and Ohio State, those are the ones for sure.”

Message From The Gamecocks… “The coaches keep telling me I’m their No. 1 guy. They want me there. They want me to pick up where Marcus Lattimore left off and keep the running back tradition going there.”

Why Scott Lists South Carolina First… “I have two teammates going there to play. I have a lot of family in South Carolina. I like the coaches and the facilities. There are a lot of things about South Carolina that stand out to me.”

Upcoming Visit Plans… “I’m probably going to go to Florida State, Florida and I’m probably going to try to go to Ohio State too.”

Feeling Florida State… “They have a great running backs coach Jay Graham. He used to be at South Carolina and then he recruited me when he was at Tennessee and now Florida State. I like him.”

Eyes On Ohio State… “I know they have something really special going on down there. They told me I could be part of it and Coach Urban Meyer told me I could play the Percy Harvin position in their offense. That all-purpose, catching and playing in space and all that. He told me I can come there and help them win a National Championship.”

Ranked by the 247Composite as the nation’s No. 90 prospect overall, Scott plans on taking his official visits before making a college decision.
 4 years ago '08        #1199
4-star FSU commit visits

Delvin Purifoy committed to Florida State more than three months ago. But the 4-star linebacker from Catholic in Pensacola, Fla., still wants to visit other schools.

Saturday, he checked out Auburn for the first time as the Tigers hosted their spring game at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

“It was good. I liked some of the things I saw,” Purifoy said. “The atmosphere, the crowd getting into the game and the players on defense hustling.

"Everybody was keeping their heads up and not getting mad about bad plays and mistakes.”

Purifoy, 6-foot-1.5 and 234 pounds, said he plans to return to Auburn later this year.

“It’s a choice I may have,” he said. “...I want to see how they do this season and what the new changes bring.”

Purifoy has offers from Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, USC, South Florida and South Alabama.

“I might think about other schools but I’m still committed,” he said.

Purifoy is rated the nation's No. 7 inside linebacker and No. 154 overall prospect by 247Sports.
 4 years ago '08        #1200
WR Scott Returns From Spring Trips

BRADENTON, Fla. -- East Lake (Fla.) High School wide receiver Artavis Scott made his third trip to Michigan last week to take in the Wolverines’ spring game.

Scott (5-10, 175) visited the Michigan campus last summer and he took in the Michigan-Michigan State game during the 2012 season.

His spring game visit was a new experience.

“That was fun. I got to see some things that I hadn’t seen before,” Scott said. “It was a good experience for me. I just had a good time when I was there. It was mainly about hanging out with all the players and listening to what they had to say about what it is like at Michigan.”

While in Ann Arbor for the spring game, Scott experienced a little bit of snowy weather.

“It was a little bit strange because it started snowing and it was cold, but a lot of people still went to the game,” Scott said. “It just shows that a lot of people at Michigan really care about football, so that was cool.”

Scott attended the Florida spring game the week before his trip to Michigan.

“You really couldn’t see much at Florida because all of their offensive linemen were hurt,” Scott said. “Their spring game was more of a practice. I already know how they kind of do things any way. I can’t really compare the spring games between Florida and Michigan. I had fun at both and they were both nice.”

Miami is a school that is still coming strong for Scott. He says he tries to talk to the Hurricanes coaching staff close to every day and he hopes to make a trip down to Coral Gables soon.

“I still talk to Miami every day,” Scott said. “I think I am going to take a trip within the next month. I want to get down there and see how things are and talk with the coaches some more. I feel like they are a school I still need to learn more about.”

Scott is also looking strongly at Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and South Florida. At this point, he is not ready to name any favorites in his recruitment.

“I am still open to everybody and not really worried about all the stuff right now,” Scott said. “I am still figuring things out.”

Scott will participate in the prestigious 7-on-7 all-star event, The Opening, at Nike’s world headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon this summer. He is looking forward to the opportunity to compete against some of the top players in the country there.

“I can’t wait to go out there and have fun and show my talent against the other kids across the country that are some of the best,” Scott said.

Scott is a four-star prospect by 247Sports with a 94 rating. He ranks as the No. 115 prospect in the country. He caught 64 passes for 995 yards and ten touchdowns in 2012 after totaling 1,158 yards and 12 touchdowns on 54 catches as a sophomore in 2011.

most viewed right now
Video inside Hot 97's Marisa Mendez Says She Sucked Lil Wayne's Eggplant, Exposes Hi..
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pick one for a week
22 hours ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Half The Industry Smashed Would You Still Make Her Wifey?
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Video inside SNL Black Jeopardy With Tom Hanks
1 day ago
most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Sneakin ft. 21 Savage
22 hours ago
most viewed right now
Samsung Will Reportedly Give Away The Galaxy S8 To Note 7 Customers For Free
22 hours ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 23 - Porn star Jessica Drake becomes 11th woman to accuse Donald T..
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Drake sends shots at Pusha T on '2 Birds, 1 Stone'
1 day ago
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy