Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '09        #1161
ylowell 
space
space
$29 | Props total: 0 0
The battle to replace EJ Manuel as Florida State's starting quarterback may be a little clearer now as the school has granted junior Clint Trickett a release from his scholarship. He will graduate from FSU in May and then transfer to a still-to-be-determined school.

FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher released the following statement on Wednesday:

"After a long meeting with Clint, he expressed he'd like to explore another playing opportunity, and I've signed off on his wish. Clint has not only been a great player for our program, but a great young man and ambassador for Florida State who will graduate in a few weeks. He's been a part of this program for a long time and we wish nothing but the best for him in his future endeavors."

Trickett is the most experienced quarterback on the FSU roster with 106 pass attempts the past two seasons. He started two games for an injured Manuel as a 2011 redshirt freshman and performed well, with his best game being a 336-yard, three-touchdown performance against Clemson. He also served as Manuel's backup in 2012.

Because of that playing time, it was thought that the 6-foot-3, 180-pounder entered 2013 spring drills with a slight advantage over sophomore Jacob Coker and freshmen Jameis Winston and Sean Maguire.

However, the highly-touted Winston (who also plays baseball for the Seminoles) has now emerged as the favorite to claim the starting job after going 12-of-15 for 205 yards and two touchdowns against the first-string defense in this past Saturday's spring game.

It's likely that Trickett sees the writing on the wall regarding his future at FSU and no longer wants to play the role of backup.

With Trickett's departure, the 'Noles enter the fall with just one quarterback (Coker) who has taken a snap in a real game.
 4 years ago '09        #1162
ylowell 
space
space
$29 | Props total: 0 0
Cant wait to see him on the field.......
Florida State football signee Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield, the national leader in the 100-meter dash, is in jeopardy of not making it through to the state track meet as he battles what he said is tendinitis.

Whitfield, who has captured consecutive Class 2A state titles in the 100 meters and also won the 200 as a junior, must finish in the top four of his races at Thursday's Region 2 meet at Jacksonville Bolles to advance. The 2A state championship is a week from Saturday at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville.

"I think I can be good by state if I can get past regionals," Whitfield said. "You've got to think positive thoughts."

Levonte Whitfield runs record-setting 100 (10.15) at Bob Hayes Invitational
Levonte Whitfield, through the years Levonte Whitfield, through the years

Whitfield said he started experiencing tightness behind his right knee about three weeks ago, and it worsened after he ran a 10.28-second time to win the Florida Relays 100 two weeks ago in Gainesville. His times of 11.20 seconds for the 100 and 22.69 for the 200 for second-place finishes at his district meet last week were well off his bests of 10.15 and 20.66.

"It didn't feel good last week," Whitfield said. "I had to make it through. I didn't want to give up.

"I've just been resting it this week and getting deep-tissue massages and ice baths. I'm going to see how it feels when I warm up [Thursday]."
 4 years ago '05        #1163
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
Tyler Hunter ‏@THunterOne
3s

Jameis could be the best QB in FSU history... No lie the kid is RAW
 4 years ago '05        #1164
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Christian Jones puttin a lick on Rashad

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #1165
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
“I was like 'Oh my God, Jameis is gonna show the world,'” Joyner said. “That was a great throw. You've got a guy out there at defensive back – which was myself – lollygagging around and a good quarterback is going to take advantage of that.”
-------
“I know it was exciting for him just like it was exciting for everyone else on the team to see that young guy go out there and do what he did,” Greene said.
-------
"Winston is just so athletic," Jones said. "Every time he drops back to pass he's a threat - he's a threat to run, too. He's just a play maker. He's a shifty guy. EJ had the same ability, but he prided himself on being more of a pocket passer. Winston's going to run and make you run as a defense."
------
"Jameis is one of those guys that gets outside of the pocket and makes you chase him," Karlos Williams said. "He's going to make you run and you're going to get tired. And just when you're tired, he k!lls you with his arm."
------
"He's one of those guys where the harder you press him, the harder he plays. He's walked by me saying, 'what, you can't get on me enough, coach?," Jimbo Fisher said. "He's a guy that thrives under the pressure."
------
“I've got to get better,” Winston said. “I still have to get better on my reads and play recognition. There's just so many different things and different aspects of my game that I have to improve on. I don't really have a comfort zone with my performance right now.”
 4 years ago '05        #1166
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Wilder aint even human look at this pic

4 years ago '08        #1167
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Wilder..

I'll always f*ck with Trick though. Kid had moxy and confidence. But this is Winny's team now
 4 years ago '08        #1168
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
Gotta look out for Coker. He may transfer too. If he does that means we'll be 1 injury away from Sean Maguire being the starter I dont like them chances. Hopefully he sticks it out but he has NFL everything, just not better than Famous Jameis
 4 years ago '05        #1169
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 4 years ago '10        #1170
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
From allcanesblog...

"Miami Hurricanes linebacker Gabe Terry was arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana and resisting arrest without violence.

Doesn't sound like the phrase "Miami Hurricanes linebacker Gabe Terry" will be uttered much more often in Coral Gables"
 4 years ago '08        #1171
space
space
This year they'll have more players arrested then they will have players drafted
 4 years ago '05        #1172
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
So during a Q&A, Karlos Williams and Christian Jones kind of threw EJ under the bus. They were asked about defending Winston compared to EJ and during separate sessions, both said EJ saw himself as a pocket passer and didn't like to run during practices. LOS said that Winston told the defense "get ready to run boys, imma make you work".
 4 years ago '08        #1173
space
space
Tank just ran a 4.7 in a 40 fresh off an ACL tear. He's projected to be a top 15 pick now
 4 years ago '05        #1174
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
135 days post knee surgery, FSU defensive end Tank Carradine runs a 4.75 in the 40 during a workout for teams

4 years ago '08        #1175
space
space
Tank's 40 time is faster than anyone on Miami's defense, secondary included
 04-20-2013, 05:56 PM         #1176
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Tank's 40 time is faster than anyone on Miami's defense, secondary included
8 guys at Miami's pro day had faster 40 times than that

not to mention McGhee and James at the combine

Last edited by Cheeze; 04-20-2013 at 05:58 PM..
 4 years ago '08        #1177
space
space
 Cheeze said:

The fact that you had to come in here and dispute that a 6'4" 280 pound DE didn't run faster times then anyone on your garbage defense says something about your program.

I bet he's faster than Tracy Howard, probably better in coverage too
 4 years ago '05        #1178
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 Cheeze said:

what are you talkin bout jackass........Miami won't even have a player drafted until Day 3

FSU droppin 6 off in the first 2 rounds
 04-21-2013, 01:24 AM         #1179
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
The fact that you had to come in here and dispute that a 6'4" 280 pound DE didn't run faster times then anyone on your garbage defense says something about your program.

I bet he's faster than Tracy Howard, probably better in coverage too
I didn't dispute it I just said facts to correct your dumbass

MRS. RONDO said:
what are you talkin bout jackass........Miami won't even have a player drafted until Day 3

FSU droppin 6 off in the first 2 rounds
who said anything about getting drafted

I knew you'd run to that once I corrected that idiot fu*k
 4 years ago '08        #1180
space
space
What an idiot. That let's you know how garbage your defense is if you thought I was serious. You don't correct sarcasm retard
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago