Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (2 bx goons and 7 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '11        #1101
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,354 | Props total: 144 144
 DEDOS said:
Daub is overrated fam

Jeff Luc 2.0
Now where havei heard that? Form your own opinion u fat fu*k.. U prolly never even seen his HL tape.

Its funny yall canes fans listen to some kids before thinking for yaself

Last edited by mester; 03-23-2013 at 09:39 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #1102
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,626 | Props total: 258 258
kain daub visiting fsu again today. pruitt is seriously working his a.ss off for that paycheck.

bet he commits this week
 4 years ago '08        #1103
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Pruitt has been putting in work..
 4 years ago '08        #1104
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
I read this and my d!ck go hard thinking about what are defense could be next year. We were second behind Alabama playing conservative football. Can't wait to see what happens when we get aggressive

Tide of enthusiasmTALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The projection Christian Jones got from NFL evaluators pegged him as a third- or fourth-round selection, just strong enough to make the idea of entering the draft after his junior season intriguing. Add the new coaching staff and defensive scheme at Florida State, and he might have been leaning toward leaving.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Don Juan Moore
Jeremy Pruitt will bring more of Alabama's blitzing defense to Florida State's scheme.
Before Jones could open the door to the NFL, however, Jimbo Fisher and new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt offered their own sales pitch. They sat Jones down and flipped on the film of Pruitt's defense at Alabama, where Rolando McClain and Dont'a Hightower blossomed into first-round draft picks. It was red meat for a linebacker hungry to become a playmaker.
"I'm pretty much playing that same spot," Jones said. "I want to be able to do that, too."

Jones wasn't the only member of Florida State's defense to get that sales pitch from Pruitt, and the film of Alabama's championship defense has been popular viewing material during the past few months.

It's not that Pruitt plans to implement the exact same scheme as the Crimson Tide, for whom he served as defensive backs coach for the past three seasons, but Alabama's aggressive philosophy will be a hallmark of the approach he plans to take at FSU.

"The actual defense, we're basically doing the same stuff, just getting more active," linebacker Telvin Smith said. "It's fun."

It might sound a bit strange for members of a defense that finished second in the nation last season to be excited about change, but the Seminoles aren't viewing it as a step back from last year's success. After all, the one team ahead of FSU in the 2012 standings was Alabama.

While Florida State's success under former coordinator Mark Stoops was based heavily on getting pressure from the front four, while the linebackers and defensive backs stressed a.ssignment football, Pruitt plans to open things up and let his athletes explore their potential.

A year ago, Florida State finished with 36 sacks -- one more than Alabama -- but 33 of them came from the defensive line. Jones led FSU defenders with 95 tackles, but just seven were for a loss and none resulted in a sack.

"The guys we have, we have so many great athletes on the team," Jones said. "To be in a system like this, it's going to showcase our skills more. I'm excited for it, and once we get it all down, we have a really dominant defense."

Jones said the linebackers will blitz more often, and on some third-down packages he'll be playing on the line with his hand on the ground. Karlos Williams said every member of the secondary is cross-training at other positions, so when Jones moves to the line of scrimmage, for example, Williams could end up at linebacker. Lamarcus Joyner's switch from safety to corner was made, in part, because Pruitt is intrigued by the potential of allowing Joyner to blitz more often, too. In just a handful of practices this spring, the players are already drowning in new blitz packages.

ESPN's NoleNation
Join the discussion about all things Florida State football and recruiting, exclusively for NoleNation fans in Tomahawk Talk.

"We're putting in so many blitzes already -- and it's our third practice," Jones said. "It's going to be fun. We all really wanted to start blitzing."
Personnel certainly is a factor, too. Pruitt said he was amazed at the level of talent on FSU's roster in 2012, but was quick to note how much of that talent is headed to the NFL this season. Replacing pass-rushers like Bjoern Werner and Cornellius Carradine won't be easy, but the more aggressive scheme offers ample possibilities.

Of course, the spring is just beginning, the terminology is entirely new, and watching clips of Alabama's scheme hardly makes the Seminoles experts. But for a unit that just a few months earlier was lamenting the loss of so many longtime coaches, there is a genuine feeling of enthusiasm about what could be in store for 2013.

"I'm not knocking those guys," Smith said of the Tide, "but I love the team and the guys we've got running that defense, and I feel like we can really put something together."
 4 years ago '08        #1105
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Can't wait.

Just wish our offense was equally as innovative..
 4 years ago '10        #1106
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
Damn...Gators have so many injuries that they cant even have a Spring Game!
 04-03-2013, 08:12 PM         #1107
seminolefish 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This board is super dead...keep checking back for warchant posts on these 2014 studs but no one really cares but me I guess.
 4 years ago '06        #1108
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
DavidHaleESPN
FSU scrimmage stats
Some numbers from Monday's scrimmage...

(Keep in mind, not all these are vs. 1st teamers, and some of these are situationally dictated.)

QBs
Trickett 10-of-20 for 142 yards and 1 TD
Coker 9-of-17 for 97 yards
Winston 11-of-18 for 239 yards and 1 TD
Maguire 10-of-19 for 214 yards and 1 TD

Receiving
R. Greene 144 yards, 2 TDs
Haulstead 97 yards
Dent 95 yards
Shaw 56 yards
Benjamin 166 yards
O'Leary 14 yards
Kourtzidis 29 yards

Defense
Edwards Jr. 5 tackles, 1.5 for a loss
PJ Williams 7 tackles
Brooks 6 tackles, 1 for a loss
Joyner 5 tackles
Telvin Smith 12 tackles, 2 for a loss
C. Jones 4 tackles
Northrup 6 tackles
Eligwe 8 tackles

Chris Casher also had an INT.
 4 years ago '06        #1109
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
this was a practice a few days before the scrimmage

A few practice observations....
So Jimbo Fisher was kind enough to allow media to observe the entirety of practice for the past two days, which was a nice little bonus for us.

Now, I don't have the playbook memorized or know much of the terminology, and I'm not exactly an NFL scout either, so my observations don't necessarily mean much in the grand scheme of things, but I figured I'd share a few things that jumped out at me...

-- The QBs have rotated as Jimbo suggested, but it's still a pretty clear pecking order right now, with Trickett at the top, Coker running with the 2s, Winston with the 3s. Worth noting though that the 1s and 3s work together, and that's the field where Jimbo is most of the time, so he's spent much more time watching Trickett and Winston live than Coker or Maguire.

-- From my perspective, there's no question who is best equipped to start at QB if the season began tomorrow: It's Trickett, and it's not close. He's easily got the best grasp of the offense right now, and while his arm strength obviously isn't what Coker or Winston offers, he's able to make the majority of the throws and he's been far more accurate during practice. Obviously a lot can change between now and Week 1, but Winston and Coker have some catching up to do.

-- I should mention though, Winston's talent is obvious. He's got a cannon, though he doesn't always have the touch he needs. That will come with time. He's very energetic in practice, which is something you like seeing from a QB. His athleticism definitely warrants the hype, too. While he had a handful of nice throws Thursday, the highlight was a nekkid bootleg he ran in 11-on-11 drills.

-- Fisher seems very pleased with the RBs overall, and I think it's going to be tough for any one to carve out a huge slice of the pie. Having said that, James Wilder Jr. has looked really good, and he's been among the most vocal guys on offense during practice. At a time when the QB is in a state of flux, he's taken the reins a bit.

-- Among receivers, the standout guy thus far has got to be Greg Dent, who has looked terrific. Fisher has moved him around a bit between positions, too, which means we could see him filling in that Rodney Smith role some this year, even if Dent isn't the prototypical size.

-- Kevin Haplea has looked really good, too, and Jimbo raved about him after practice today. The upside is much higher for Nick O'Leary but it's Haplea who does the little things right, and that's the priority from Tim Brewster & Co. at the moment.

-- Speaking of O'Leary, one of today's highlights came during 1-on-1 thud drills. RBs and TEs were going against the LBs, and Brewster jumped in and asked Charles Kelly who his best guy was. Kelly threw out Christian Jones, and Brewster told O'Leary to face off against him. It was close, but O'Leary had the edge.

-- Those drills were a ton of fun to watch, highlighted by a bit of a shouting match between Wilder and Jones after going against each other. Very intense, really fun.

-- It's also pretty obvious that Jeremy Pruitt is mixing things up quite a bit on defense. They've run a lot of different looks moving guys around, with Giorgio Newberry and Chris Casher standing up, Christian Jones playing with his hand on the ground, Karlos Williams coming up to play LB in dime formations, etc. There's a ton of movement before the snap, and while that's still causing plenty of confusion for the defenders trying to learn the plays, it's also been a big challenge for the offense, too. And on that note, there were times today where defenders were coming off the field and asking teammates what was going on. There's still a lot of learning to be done -- but it's early, and there's a ton of potential there.

-- Speaking of Newberry, he seems to be Sal Sunseri's favorite target so far. Sunseri has ridden him hard in these first two weeks of practice, but Newberry said today he loves working with Sunseri and feels like he's really being pushed to get better.

-- As expected, Lamarcus Joyner is getting a lot of work in the nickel spot when FSU goes to 5 DBs.
 4 years ago '06        #1110
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
FSU looks to keep Aquinas pipeline open
April, 3, 2013
APR 3
10:32
AM ET
By Corey Dowlar | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
Much is made of pipeline schools for certain programs and their recruiting plans, but more often than not, they aren't lasting or sustainable advantages given coaching turnover.

Florida State's had a few of these -- Lincoln High School in Tallahassee or Valdosta Lowndes for example, But no other high school has been more important in restocking the Seminoles’ roster with quality players in recent years than Ft. Lauderdale's St. Thomas Aquinas.

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Don Juan Moore
Lamarcus Joyner was a national player of the year coming out of St. Thomas Aquinas in 2010.
A powerhouse for the better part of the decade, Aquinas has shocked nobody by appearing in state championship games seemingly every year. And since 2007, they've brought home the trophy four times.

So for Florida State, recruiting the Raiders' program makes perfect sense. Not only is there plenty of talent, but they also get players who know how to win.

Defensive back Lamarcus Joyner could probably be credited with getting it all started in 2010. He'd been pursued by nearly every school in the country, but it was the Seminoles who won out over Alabama, Florida, Miami, Ohio State, South Carolina and USC.

Joyner has been a cornerstone of the FSU defense since arriving in Tallahassee and his choice made it easy for the rest to follow.

The next cycle, Florida State added three more players from Aquinas -- center Austin Barron, wide receiver Rashad Greene and offensive tackle Bobby Hart. All three would start at least one game during their freshman seasons.

Greene, of course, highlighted this group and was FSU’s leading receiver last season as a sophomore. Barron and Hart, meanwhile, are in the mix for playing time again this fall.

It's been a while since Florida State has been back to Aquinas, though. No players were signed in 2012 or 2013.

But Jimbo Fisher and his staff would certainly like to change that with this year’s class.

Defensive tackle Anthony Moten, who has the potential to play defensive end or tackle at the next level, is off the board after committing to Florida on Tuesday.

Wide receiver Corey Holmes, a major receiver recruit who holds 20 offers and reminds many of Greene, is the other Watch List member for the Raiders.

It's a long time until signing day so anything could happen with Moten, but the Seminoles will have some work to do. The same goes for Holmes. Time will only tell if he or an under-the-radar prospect in this class can keep FSU’s pipeline open.
 4 years ago '06        #1111
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
Lyons gets a sneak peek at FSU practice
April, 2, 2013
APR 2
7:00
AM ET
Florida State 2013 signee Tyrell Lyons (Jacksonville, Fla./First Coast) dropped into Tallahassee last week to check out his future coaches and team on the practice fields.

This was a little different than practices he's been to in the past. A lot of that is due to the new man in charge on defense, Jeremy Pruitt.

Tyrell Lyons
Outside linebacker
Signed: Florida State
Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
81Jacksonville, FL
"It was good," said Lyons. "I just met Coach Pruitt. He is a good coach and I like him."

Not that the atmosphere before was relaxed, but this new group of coaches have raised the bar somewhat. And Lyons could tell.

But that's not a deterrent. He views it as a chance to get better.

"It's definitely intense," Lyons said. "There isn't any playing around. I like that.

"It raises my level of play, and it makes me get better. It makes you try harder at everything."

At the linebacker spot, the Seminoles have brought in a new face, too. Charles Kelly is in from Georgia Tech, and Lyons made it a point to seek him out and get to know the new segment leader better.

"He's a guy that is very cool," he said. "These new coaches, they have the same attributes. They are going to tell you how it is and get on you if you are doing it wrong. They aren't going to sit back, they are going to make sure you are doing it right. That's what we want."

Lyons couldn't help but think about getting out on the practice fields himself. That time will come soon enough.

In the meantime, he'll continue to look forward to his college career starting next summer when he reports to campus.

"I am very excited," he said. "I would be happy if I had graduated early, but that didn't work out. But yeah, I am excited."

ESPN rated Lyons as a four-star prospect during last year's cycle. He chose the Seminoles over Clemson, Miami, North Carolina and South Carolina.
 4 years ago '06        #1112
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
WR commit Worton satisfied with FSU trip
April, 1, 2013
APR 1
11:30
AM ET
This weekend gave Florida State a chance to improve its standing with commitment C.J. Worton (Homestead, Fla./South Dade) amid the speculation of Miami's increased influence.

C.J. Worton
Wide receiver
Committed: Florida State

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
NR
Homestead, FL
The ESPN Watch List member has felt the full-court press of the Hurricanes since they offered, and with ties such as former FSU offensive coordinator James Coley, FSU's in-state rival should be considered a threat. So Worton's decision to drive up to Tallahassee for an unofficial visit presented a big opportunity.

"The visit was awesome," Worton said. "Getting to see the coaches and watching practice was great."

The new coaching staff, including of new regional recruiter Tim Brewster, had yet to interact with Worton on a face-to-face basis. Lawrence Dawsey, his position coach should he sign with the Seminoles, reminded the 6-foot-1, 170-pound receiver that they will need numbers at his position coming up.

"They were real excited to talk to me and catch up and everything," he said. "Coach Dawsey was real excited to see me and was telling me how thin he is getting at wide receiver because they could lose four, possibly five. And I also got to talk to Coach Brew [Brewster], and he was really excited to finally meet me."

Worton said his trip made his Florida State commitment stronger than before.

"Definitely," he said. "Every time I go up to campus I feel like I want to be there."

Worton won't have too much free time this summer between offseason workouts and summer camps. All throughout Florida, and potentially beyond, he will be competing against other prospects under the supervision of college coaches.

"FSU, UM, UF, UCF and possibly Ohio State and LSU," he listed.

Worton also has offers from Marshall and Ole Miss. Ohio State and UCF continue to show interest.
 4 years ago '06        #1113
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
the rumor is Jameis is looking like the best QB out there
 4 years ago '06        #1114
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
James Coley @CoachColey
It's our U-niverse!!!!! Get U-se to it!!!!

James Coley ‏@CoachColey 2h
My-ami!!! It's back!!!!!

James Coley ‏@CoachColey 2h
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...... C...A...N...E...S!!!

4 years ago '08        #1115
rfessler1 
space
space
whats so special about scream typing lies over the internet?
 4 years ago '08        #1116
rfessler1 
space
space
and thank god for xaiv with those updates. i was almost off the drug but you pulled me back in!
 4 years ago '11        #1117
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,354 | Props total: 144 144
Its gonna be hella funny when um is playing in the kraft cheese f!ght the hunger bowl next year in new mexico...
 4 years ago '08        #1118
rfessler1 
space
space
miami is gonna make a bowl game?! all 12 of their fans are gonna be celebrating
 4 years ago '08        #1119
rfessler1 
space
space
kain daub commits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 4 years ago '08        #1120
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
Defense is looking good. Pruitt putting in work.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy