70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (3 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '08        #981
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
New leader for 4-star JJ Cosentino

Pittsburgh (PA) Central Catholic quarterback JJ Cosentino was offered by Florida State on January 25th and three weeks later, the Keystone State prospect was in Tallahassee for the school’s Junior Day.

Once Cosentino's visit was complete, he called Florida State his new leader.

Once Saturday’s visit wrapped up for the 6-foot-4, 215-pound Cosentino, along with his father, the Seminoles were his new leader.

“Florida State is definitely my clear cut leader,” noted Cosentino. “I just feel like there won’t be a better fit for me. They run a pro-style offense, they have great facilities, they are a winning program and it’s warm down here. It’s everything I want. I just want to keep getting to know the coaches better and develop a relationship with them. I just think it would be quick to make a commitment right now. I’m not the type to back out of a commitment, so once I commit I’m done.”

When trying to think of a favorite part to his trip, Cosentino struggled to come up with an answer. It wasn’t because he didn’t have a good time, but he admits that he was impressed with everything he saw.

“It was great the entire time,” he said. “Everything we did and everything we saw was perfect. I probably couldn’t even pick a favorite part. Spending time with the coaches was pretty awesome. They are just the kind of guys you want to be around. They are much more than just coaches. They seem like they want to make you a better student-athlete, beyond just a great football player.”

At the end of his trip, Cosentino spent a great deal of time with the Florida State coaching staff, but it was his time with head coach Jimbo Fisher that stood out to him the most. Coming into the visit, he was unsure if his offer was committable, but he got his answer Saturday evening.

“When I first got there, Coach (Sal) Sunseri took me up to the coaches offices and I got a chance to talk with Jimbo Fisher,” Cosentino mentioned. “It was great talking to him and he really made me think hard about coming here. We talked about my offer and he said that Nick Saban first told him about the idea of offering a quarterback, but making their offer committable once they come down and throw for the coaches in person. Fisher said that’s not the case for me. He said whether it’s today, tomorrow, next week or Signing Day, when and if I want to commit to Florida State, my offer will be accepted and he saw enough on film to know that he wanted me.”

A big part of his decision will come down to his family’s thoughts on the school, the academics and the coaches. On the car ride back to his hotel Saturday night, the younger Cosentino got his father’s thoughts about the trip.

“My dad loved this visit just as much, if not more than I did actually,” said Cosentino. “He looked at different things, since he could be sending his kid there, and he really liked it. He said that Florida State passed the test with academics and that the coaches were great and he got along with them well. He liked that Coach Sunseri and Bob LaCivita have ties to Pittsburgh and that they are pretty similar to how we are back home. He gave me the green light if I wanted to come here.”

Next weekend, Cosentino will visit Penn State for their Junior Day, but he doesn’t have any trips lined up after that.
 4 years ago '08        #982
space
space
FSU and Michigan lead for Ohio TE

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Middletown (OH) tight end Chance Sorrell currently holds offers from Bowling Green and Indiana, but for the last few weeks he has maintained that Michigan is the leader for his services.

Sorrell raved about his developing relationship with FSU tight ends coach Billy Napier.

On Saturday, Sorrell made the long trip from Ohio to Florida and visited Tallahassee for the Florida State Junior Day. After the visit, Sorrell said that he has co-leaders.

“I really enjoyed it,” he said. “I really liked the coaches a lot. They are tied for my number one school along with Michigan. It was really eye opening and I just really enjoyed the whole trip. The culture fit was there, the prestige and the tradition and I just liked all the coaches. I think these guys will be in the running for a National Championship over the next few years. To be honest, it was about a 13 hour trip, but it was worth it after seeing what we saw today. Like I said, they are now tied for the lead for me.”

Although Florida State hasn’t offered yet, Sorrell is hoping that the offer comes over the next few months.

“They didn’t offer me yet, but it sounds like they hopefully will in the near future,” noted Sorrell. “They want to get more film on me doing some workouts, doing some drills and then come and see me in the spring.”

This was Sorrell’s first opportunity to speak with Jimbo Fisher in person. The Ohio native came away impressed with Florida State’s head coach.

“Talking to Coach Fisher about everything was great,” he said. “He and Coach Sal (Sunseri) talked to me about how highly they think of me and how they want to get me back down again. They said that they are going to start recruiting me really hard.”

Defensive ends coach Sal Sunseri primarily recruits the northeast, however Sorrell really hit it off with Florida State’s new tight ends coach Billy Napier.

“Coach Napier is someone I like a lot,” Sorrell said. “He really made an impression on me being a Christian. That was one of the main things that felt really good culturally. They did a pre-meal prayer and they push family and just keep everyone together. I really like Coach Napier. He’s got good experience and he seems like a really good guy.”

Sorrell will visit Louisville in the upcoming weeks and then take a few trips for spring games, as well as some spring practices, however he is unsure which schools he will visit at this time.
 4 years ago '08        #983
space
space
Samuel recaps weekend visit to FSU

Macon (Ga.) Stratford Academy two-way four-star lineman Caleb Samuel was among the numerous visitors at Florida State on Saturday for junior day.

Samuel could play on either side of the ball.

“I liked it a lot,” Samuel said. “I didn’t really know much about the program. I knew they were good at football, but I didn’t know much about the school and everything surrounding the program. So I learned a lot about the school and those other things.”

The visit also provided Samuel an opportunity to get to meet and speak with Jimbo Fisher’s coaching staff at Florida State.

“I also didn’t know any of the coaches, so it was a chance to meet them,” Samuel said. “I met (defensive line) Coach (Odell) Haggins, (linebackers) Coach (Charles) Kelly, (defensive ends) Coach (Sal) Sunseri, and Coach Fisher. I liked Coach Fisher a lot too.”

A number of things stood out to Samuel during his time in Tallahassee.

“I like the coaching staff a lot,” Samuel said. “I also like the campus, how it isn’t that big. The stadium is amazing.”

The best highlight for Samuel though was some things he learned during a film session with defensive ends coach Sal Sunseri.

“During junior day they take you in and you watch some film and you learn a lot,” Samuel said. “I learned a lot in like 30 minutes with Coach Sunseri. I liked him a lot.

“He talked about getting their hands off of you,” Samuel added. “He also talked a lot about hand placement. Coach Sunseri knows so much about the position and he taught me a lot in that short period of time.”

The 6-foot-5, 260-pound prospect with a 6-foot-11.5 wingspan could play on either side of the ball. He shared what he heard from the Florida State staff about where he may line up if he were to end up in Tallahassee.

“They want to play me as a defensive end,” Samuel said. “I would much rather be a defensive end than an offensive tackle. I will play either one really, I will work hard at either position, but I have been on defense as long as I have been playing football. They want to bring me in as a defensive end, but they did say with my length that I could also play offensive tackle.”

The visit concluded with Samuel sitting down and speaking with head coach Jimbo Fisher.

“Coach Fisher asked me about my numbers, my 40 time and everything,” Samuel said. “I think he liked what he heard. He told me he wants me to come back for camp.”

Samuel does not yet have an offer from Florida State. He believes that a successful camp appearance this summer could result in an offer being extended.

At this time, Samuel has offers from Temple and Massachusetts. He doesn’t claim a favorite.

“I don’t know if I have any schools standing out, but FSU did a really good job (Saturday),” Samuel said.

The Peach State prospect plans to visit North Carolina this coming weekend. He also hopes to see Clemson and South Carolina in the near future as well.

247Sports.com considers Samuel the No. 161 prospect in the nation and No. 14 prospect from Georgia. He is ranked as the No. 16 offensive tackle in the 2014 class.
 4 years ago '08        #984
space
space
Laye impressed with Florida State

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Suwanee (Ga.) Lambert tight end Chris Laye currently holds offers from Vanderbilt, Virginia and Boston College, but he visited Florida State on Saturday in hopes of adding an offer from the Seminoles.

Laye is currently being recruited by Florida State's tight ends coach Billy Napier.

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound prospect enjoyed his first visit to Tallahassee. Although he didn’t receive an offer yet, he is hoping to earn one over the next few months.

“It was a great visit,” Laye mentioned. “They kept asking me what I came down to expect, but I told them I really didn’t know what to expect. It was a great school, with a great school and I fell in love with the campus. They didn’t offer yet, but they said they will continue to evaluate me and hopefully they offer in the spring.”

During Junior Day, current Florida State players will sit down with the prospects and have a question and answer session to answer any questions that the recruits may have about the school and the program.

“My favorite part was probably the players panel where we got to do a QnA with the current players,” he said. “It was great and we got a lot of straight answers.”

New tight ends coach Billy Napier has been Laye’s primary recruiter since joining the Florida State staff. After the visit was complete, Laye spoke highly of Napier, as well as head coach Jimbo Fisher.

“Coach Napier, the tight ends coach, he’s my main recruiter and a guy I like a lot,” Laye said. “I also got a chance to talk to Coach (Jimbo) Fisher. He’s a really nice guy, he’s really smart, he knows what he’s doing and really knows how to run a program.”

Next up for Laye is a visit for Vanderbilt’s Junior Day.
 4 years ago '08        #985
space
space
Toliver II 'loved it' at FSU

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - One of the top players in Florida for the Class of 2015 is Kevin Toliver II from Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy.

Toliver II committed to LSU in November.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound defensive back is a rangy, athletic, ball-hawk in the secondary and on Saturday, the LSU commitment was in Tallahassee for the Florida State Junior Day.

“It was ok, it was good,” he said. “I was a little late for everything, but I had a good time.”

Toliver spent a great deal of his time on the tour of the campus and the facilities, which happened to be his most enjoyable part of the trip.

“My favorite part was the tour,” Toliver mentioned. “I could see everything that I could get involved with if I were to come here.”

This was actually Toliver’s first trip to Tallahassee since the Seminoles offered last month and he left very impressed with what Florida State brought to the table.

“I really loved it here. Their defense stands out to me and how Coach Pruitt is bringing in his new schemes and some top players. He told me that he plays of a lot of DB’s, which is good.
 4 years ago '08        #986
space
space
Mario Pender...FWIW

Rick Ballou who has broken some nole stories over the past year , who seems to have a source has tweeted out that he was told Mario has been tearing up 4th qtr drills lately.

TIFWIW, but any sign is a good sign with him and god know we could use him and his explosiveness and depth at RB...

Just wanted to share.
 4 years ago '05        #987
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,705 | Props total: 3816 3816
FWIW, I’ve been asking my friends on the team about what the QB situation looks like for Spring and next year, and these are the few things they all seem to say;
A) With Trickett you know what you’re getting, he’s not really getting any better, but he knows the offense and has an above average touch on his short and mid-range balls, and actually has pretty good arm strength for a kid who will most likely never top 205(I’d say he’s 190-195 now, have classes with him, known him since hs, so I know what Twigkett used to look like). He has good chemistry with the receivers, and knows how to make calls at the line(by no means Ponderesque in this since, but certainly can set the offense up for success). What it comes down to is the fact that the kid has reached his ceiling, he’s not gonna wow anybody on the field, but he’s the safe option, at least as long as he’s protected.
2)Apparently Coker is every bit the man child that we have all been drooling over since his HS measurables(no homo, unless you are, in which case drool away). My friends say he’s the most physically imposing QB they’ve seen outside Logan Thomas, so more so than EJ. He has a rocket of an arm and has far and away the best deep ball on the team, that includes EJ. I haven’t heard them say anything about him not knowing the playbook, just that he knows substantially less than CT(Which could be a.ssumed anyways). What I have heard is that his intermediate passes lack touch and audibles at the line are a rare occurrence with him(I take this with a grain of salt though, not sure how much freedom to audible Jimbo gives back up QB’s in practice).
D) And then there’s Winston. Everyone’s seen his film, everyone knows his recruiting ratings, everyone knows about the Elite 11 camp. The kid has raw talent; there is absolutely no denying it. One of his teammates told me, and I quote “the stuff he does, it’s like Charlie Ward, when he has the football in his hands he’s the most impressive player I’ve ever been on the same field as”. Now I think the Charlie Ward comments might be a bit of a hyperbole, but the player who told me that played big time Fl HS football, so while he might not ever actually start for FSU, he definitely knows what talent looks like. But what that same individual also told me is that Jameis is by far the least mature of all the QB’s, and hinted that he might not be giving the playbook half the attention it deserves.
I understand all this is just hearsay, but I respect and believe what these guys have told me. From what I can collectively gather (because none of them explicitly said “x will be our starter next season”) CT is the “starter” for all intents and purposes until one of the other guys take it from him. The coaches fully expect this to happen, if not this spring, than before fall, but they will not bench Clint unless they are fully confident that either of the other guys gives the team a better shot at winning. The fact that this has not happened yet coupled with the HUGE talent disparity between Coker/Winston and Trickett leads one to believe that the former 2 truly do not have a grasp on the playbook at all. If say Trickett knew 90% of the playbook and Coker or Winston knew 70-75%, would it be irrational to a.ssume that 75% coupled with twice the athleticism would give the team a better chance at winning?
I expect Coker to take the job by the Spring game simply because he is(or at least should be) fully devoted to football while Jameis, who, like I said, may be immature, is juggling football and baseball right now, but if he decides to get his crap together he could take the job over the summer."
What are your thoughts? I know this is all speculation but I am surprised to hear immaturity regarding Winston considering the small sample size of staying in to memorize the playbook in the elite 11 camp. That being said I was 18 once. If Coker gets the job, does Winston transfer? Why not give them 1 half of our first game like Brissett Driskell (if cupcake)?
 4 years ago '08        #988
space
space
I don't think Winston transfer because of baseball. But I do think Coker bounces if he's not the starter
 4 years ago '08        #989
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,631 | Props total: 259 259
what are the odds we land blanding?
 4 years ago '05        #990
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
visitors

LB Andrew Beck New

OG Victor Nieves (FSU checked in recently)

OT Ray Raulerson New

WR Clinton Lynch

DE Mike Smith

DT Travonte Valentine (Maybe)

OT Nolan Kelleher

OT Reilly Gibbons

DT Antonio Mallard

LB Delvin Purifoy (FSU commit) (Just confirmed via text he'll be at FSU this weekend)

DB Trey Marshall

OG Deontae Crumitie (Marshall says Crumitie might attend)

DE Trent Harris

LB Kevin Mouhon

QB Kilton Anderson

Ath Jefferie Gibson

S TJ Harrell

DE Rashawn Shaw

DE/TE Garrett Williams (2015)

CB Step Durham

CB Darin Smalls

Ath Derrick Ingram

OT/DEKendall Baker

DE Keyon Brown

RB Cortavious Givens

DT Keiwan Jones

OL/DT Keandre Brooks (Brother of Terrance Brooks)

QB DeAndre Johnson (FSU commitment) (2015)

S Derwin James (FSU commitment) (2015)

LB Sherrod Pittman (2015)

Ath Keith Ladler (First Coast) (2014)

WR Tyre McCants (Son of FSU great Terry Anthony)
 4 years ago '05        #991
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Hopkins time: 4.69

Werner - 6'3 1\4 266 pounds
Carradine - 6'4 1\8 276 pounds

Menelik ran an unofficial 5.25
 4 years ago '05        #992
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Corey Clark/TDO.com ‏@Corey_Clark
Marvin Bracy just won the ACC title in the 60M dash with a time of 6.57. Locke finished second at 6.58.
 4 years ago '05        #993
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
“I just wanted to commit because they say it will help you get more offers,” he said. “That’s (Auburn) my first choice besides Florida State. It’s between Florida State and Auburn. - Kamryn Pettway

like i said in the other thread if you are a fsu commit you are still a bi*ch a.ss pus*y fu*k boy in my eyes until you sign that LOI
 4 years ago '10        #994
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
 MRS. RONDO said:
I just wanted to commit because they say it will help you get more offers, he said. Thats (Auburn) my first choice besides Florida State. Its between Florida State and Auburn. - Kamryn Pettway

like i said in the other thread if you are a fsu commit you are still a bi*ch a.ss pus*y fu*k boy in my eyes until you sign that LOI
What a little bi*ch. Turning into tony stevens round 2. If he keeps this sh*t up I say we pull his scholly... Fukin games with these little bi*ches.
 4 years ago '08        #995
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
I just wanted to commit because they say it will help you get more offers, he said. Thats (Auburn) my first choice besides Florida State. Its between Florida State and Auburn. - Kamryn Pettway

What does this fu*k boy still have an offer?!?

This is exactly what I just said and them dumb a.ss Miami n*ggas thought it was a game. We offer this n*gga he commits, two days later Auburn is at this n*gga neck.

Like idk wtf I'm talking bout
 4 years ago '05        #996
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Chris T repped 225 ....21 times Lonnie did it 17 times

CT BETTA MAKE IT MAN
 4 years ago '04        #997
itstheshoes 
space
space
$883 | Props total: 0 0
Can anyone post that 24/7 Sports article on Trey Marshall getting offered by FSU?
Thank fam
 4 years ago '05        #998
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
4.62 for EJ

Second for QB's behind Geno (4.56)

Rodney ran a 4.4 too
 4 years ago '05        #999
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,500 | Props total: 1886 1886
nice updates
 4 years ago '05        #1000
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Brandon Mellor ‏@BrandonMellor
EJ Manuel's 34.0 vertical is best among the #NFLCombine QBs. His 118.0 broad jump good enough to tie for second. #FSU #Noles
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago