most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '10        #961
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Lol at bama waiting on y'all to offer schollys

They have won 3 of the last 4 bcs titles FSU played no parts in that at all
LOL at the NCAA citing a 'lack of institutional control' at scUM!

4 years ago '05        #962
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
NAPIER IS A f*ggot THATS ALL
 4 years ago '08        #963
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Nobody fears Yall going to SEC. The SEC does not need anymore mediocre teams
If yall don't fear us going to the SEC why did UF, Auburn, Bama and Georgia block us throughout the 90's when SEC wanted us? sh*t was known, each program knew at that time if FSU went into the SEC none of them n*ggas was winning sh*t. The imo reason we miss out on certain recruits today is because most of the SEC schools we go against use the same line of "If you go to FSU you're just scared of SEC competition" damn near every recruit that goes to most of the aforementioned schools has FSU in their top and the go to another school because they want to play in the SEC
 4 years ago '08        #964
space
space
Man unfortunately the SEC just has money that we don't and will never have if we stay in the ACC. I talked to a friend of mind and he told me pretty soon with the new recruiting rules he thinks SEC schools will have recruiting a.ssistants for every position coach. So while they're coaches are JUST coaching ours will be trying to handle both jobs. It's just another level of paper
 4 years ago '05        #965
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,481 | Props total: 1833 1833
 MRS. RONDO said:
NAPIER IS A f*ggot THATS ALL
 4 years ago '06        #966
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
how long until pruitt leaves to go back to bama?
 4 years ago '08        #967
space
space
Lamarcus Joyner is moving to corner and Los is EXPECTED to start at Safety
 4 years ago '08        #968
space
space
Mama on FSU offer: 'This is unreal'

Florida State is hoping to land a few elite offensive linemen in the Class of 2014 and on Wednesday, they offered one of the top offensive guards in the nation.

Mama is ranked No. 57 overall in the Top 247 on 247Sports.com, as well as the No. 3 offensive guard in the nation.

Bellflower (Ca.) St. John Bosco four-star Damien Mama, a 6-foot-5, 340-pound prospect, spoke to Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett late Wednesday evening and the Seminoles a.ssistant coach expressed his interest in the mammoth offensive lineman.

“We had a real good talk,” he said. “Trickett let me know that they really liked my film and that they want me to give them a good look. He said he wants me to come down for a visit, but we’re not sure on a date yet. This is unreal though. This offer is big for me. We are going to talk over the next few weeks and try and set something up for this summer.”

Although Mama lives on the opposite side of the country from Florida, the Seminoles have always been a team that he’s had interest in.

“It’s Florida State football, that’s all that needs to be said,” mentioned Mama. “That’s big time football and they definitely stand out right now. I’ve liked them for a while. We have their same logo on our helmets, which is pretty cool.”

Rick Trickett has been coaching for over 40 years and although Mama doesn’t know too much about his background, he does know that Coach Trickett might have helped produce a 1st round pick in this year’s NFL Draft.

“I don’t know a lot about him personally or what he’s done in the past, but I know that they are probably going to have a kid drafted in the 1st round this year with Menelik (Watson), so he definitely knows what he’s doing,” said Mama. “We talked about him a little bit. I actually know a lot about him since he played ball out this way before he went to Florida State.”

With his home being so far from Tallahassee, Mama admits that he’s still unsure if he would go to school that far from home. However, if he can get his family on board, anything is possible.

“My family really wants to see me play, so I’m not sure what to think right now,” Mama said. “I wouldn’t mind getting away from home and experiencing something new though. My family is really supportive. If I let them know that I’m going away from home and that it’s the best school for me, they will understand and support me for sure.”

Mama mentioned that Florida State, Alabama, Oregon and Oklahoma are the schools that have been sending the most mail as of late, but he’s waiting to receive an offer from the other three schools.

At this time, Mama is currently ranked No. 57 overall in the Top 247 on 247Sports.com, as well as the No. 3 offensive guard in the nation.
 4 years ago '08        #969
space
space
Legacy looking forward to FSU visit

Orlando (Fla.) The First Academy sophomore tight end Garrett Williams will be among a small group of 2015 visitors at Florida State for Saturday’s junior day.

Rick Trickett has been the primary recruiter for Williams early in the process.

“I am going to junior day at FSU on Saturday,” Williams said. “I am looking forward to it a lot. I am very excited about it. When I have talked with (offensive line) Coach (Rick) Trickett and (head) Coach (Jimbo) Fisher, they told me that I was going to love the new coaches so I am looking forward to meeting them.

“I am also looking forward to seeing everything at Florida State and possibly getting to know some of the players,” Williams added. “I am excited.”

The Sunshine State tight end was especially looking forward to meeting new tight ends coach Billy Napier, but his sudden departure from the staff on Thursday means that he will once again have to wait to meet his potential position coach.

Williams is the son of former Florida State fullback Dayne Williams. His father played at Florida State from 1986 to 1988. With those family ties, a certain level of familiarity with Florida State comes naturally to the younger Williams.

“I obviously grew up watching Florida State,” Williams said. “I know a lot about the team, but I haven’t seen the whole thing yet. I want to learn more about the academic-side of Florida State. I have seen the weight room before but I haven’t seen the breaking ground of the new indoor facility and other facilities.”

The legacy says he is unlikely to pull the trigger to Florida State this weekend, despite already claiming an offer from the Seminoles.

“No, I won’t commit this weekend,” Williams said. “There is no possibility of me committing because I still have two more years. Even if it does end up being Florida State, I want to give everybody a fair look. I want to take my time and look at other colleges as well.”

Williams also claims offers from Akron, Clemson, and Virginia. Numerous other schools are showing him interest.

“I am open to all colleges,” Williams said. “There are a lot of great schools out there. I love Florida State, but I think it is important to not make a commitment right away. I don’t plan to commit any time soon, maybe after my junior season, but not before then.”

The Sunshine State tight end plans to see Clemson on either March 9th or April 13th. He also has plans to see Georgia and Ohio State in the near future. He mentioned that he hopes to camp at a number of schools this summer.
 4 years ago '08        #970
space
space
FSU continues to dole out offers

OG Damien Mama
Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco
6-5, 340
4-star, No. 57 overall, 3rd best OG
Film

Gibbons is expected to visit FSU this weekend.

OLB Richard Yeargin III
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University School
6-4, 225
4-star, 26th best OLB
Film

TE Milan Richard
Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day School
6-2, 232
4-star, 9th best TE
Film

OT Roderick Johnson
Florissant (Mo.) Hazelwood Central
6-7, 310
4-star, No. 85 overall, 9th best OT
Film

WDE Lorenzo Featherston
Greensboro (N.C.) Page
6-7, 215
4-star, No. 21 overall, 2nd best WDE
No available film

DE Malik McDowell
Detroit (Mich.) Loyola
6-7, 290
4-star, No. 25 overall, 2nd best SDE
Film

OLB Jacob Pugh
Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby
6-4, 205
4-star, No. 237 overall, 18th best OLB
Film

WR Krenwick Sanders
Jesup (Ga.) Wayne County
6-3, 175
3-star, 52nd best WR
Film

DT Jeremy Patterson
Jesup (Ga.) Wayne County
6-3, 275
Not yet rated
Film

OC Joshua Casher
Mobile (Ala.) St. Paul’s Episcopal
6-1, 280
3-star, 20th best OG
Film

OT Reilly Gibbons
St. Petersburg (Fla.) Catholic
6-6, 278
4-star, No. 135 overall, 15th best OT
Film

OT David Sharpe
Jacksonville (Fla.) Providence
6-7, 275
Not yet rated
Film

WDE Austin Bryant (2015)
Thomasville (Ga.) Thomas County Central
6-5, 232
Not yet rated
No available film
 4 years ago '08        #971
space
space
Napier's impact on recruiting

Florida State fans hardly got to know him.

Billy Napier was the primary recruiter for North Carolina 4-Star DE Kentavius Street.

Before his name could be posted outside of the door to his office, tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator Billy Napier accepted the wide receiver job at Alabama.

As the recruiting coordinator, Napier arrived in Tallahassee to a 2013 class that was ranked 14th in the 247Composite Team Rankings. By the time Signing Day passed FSU finished a much more respectable 8th. It was a strong close with a reassembled staff, although most of the ground work was laid by the previous coaches, nonetheless FSU wrapped 2013 with some key pieces that will be the foundation of future teams.

In his 41 days at FSU, Napier probably contributed more to 2014 recruiting than anything else. Even on Signing Day Napier was working towards 2014. He made initial contact, and offered, Greenville (NC) J.H. Rose four-star defensive end Kentavius Street. Street was the highest ranked recruit Napier was on. But even though Napier was Street’s closest contact at FSU it likely won’t bring an end to his recruitment.

Street told this to Noles247 last week: “Me and my dad grew up rooting for Florida State during my whole childhood”. Which means the loss of Napier will be minimal in terms of FSU’s chances of landing him.

Besides Kentavius Street, Napier also had a hand in recruiting recently offered Jesup (GA) Wayne County defensive tackle Jeremy Patterson, Suwanee (GA) Lambert tight end Chris Laye and Greensboro (NC) Page defensive end Lorenzo Featherston, who was already favoring instate programs NC State and UNC. Napier wasn’t the primary recruiter for Gainesville (GA) four-star quarterback Deshaun Watson, but he did drop in on him a few times in January.

It’s certainly a short-term loss for Florida State, but a true measurement can’t be made until it’s known who Jimbo Fisher hires to replace him.
 4 years ago '08        #972
space
space
Sal Sunseri offers Miami OLB/DE

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) University four-star defensive end Richard Yeargin III picked up his seventeenth offer on Wednesday night when Florida State came calling.

"Coach Sal (Sunseri) called me tonight about the offer and told me he wants to get me on the phone with Jimbo Fisher tomorrow," said Yeargin.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Yeargin plays a little bit of defensive end in high school and also gets after the passer as an outside linebacker.

"FSU says they like me in the hybrid spot. They want me to do everything, drop into coverage, rush the passer, play the run."

Growing up in Miami, Yeargin says he's very familiar with Florida State.

"FSU is a great school, I'm very glad they offered me. I know they are one of the best party schools in the nation," Yeargin said with a laugh. "But on a serious note, I know they have a great football program and I like what they're building up there."

Yeargin has not made it to any junior days, but he does have plans for the spring and summer.

"I'll probably hit up a couple spring practices at the 'U', I'll probably be at the Florida spring game and then I'll go to FSU in the summer for their camp. I also want to make it to Clemson, maybe Rutgers too."

Yeargin is weighing all his options and taking the recruiting process slowly. He plans to take his visits after his senior season and make a final decision on Signing Day.

"I'm looking for a place that gives me stability and somewhere I can call home."

A group of early leaders has emerged - Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida, Tennessee, FSU and Marshall.

Yeargin's older brother has played a crucial role in his development and will be someone he leans on throughout the recruiting process for advice and guidance.

"He makes sure I stay on track. He's been grinding with me from day one and instilling great values in the person I am today. He played fullback at South Carolina State and he's been through the process. He also works me out everyday and is constantly on me to get better."

Richard Yeargin's stock is on the rise. He is currently ranked as a 4-star prospect, the 26th overall OLB in the country and the 40th best player in the state of Florida.
 4 years ago '08        #973
space
space
Massive GA lineman visiting FSU

This weekend Florida State will be hosting a big visitor (literally) when Atlanta (GA) Marist offensive/defensive tackle Kendall Baker comes to Tallahassee for junior day. The 6-foot-6, 275-pound lineman is ready for his first visit to FSU's campus.

"I'm coming in this weekend and I'm looking forward to meeting the coaches and seeing what FSU is all about," said Baker. "I'm going with my mom and my auntie."

Baker has been communicating with FSU running backs coach Randy Sanders in recent weeks, but has never met him in-person.

"Coach Sanders is new and we've just started talking. Before him coach (Dameyune) Craig was my recruiter but he's gone now. I want to meet all the new coaches."

This winter Baker has kept in regular contact with Georgia, FSU, Auburn, Tennessee and Notre Dame.

"It will be good to get on campus. I'm interested in Florida State, I think they got a good program and they are ready to compete for a National Championship."

Later this spring Baker plans on attending the spring practices at Georgia, Clemson and Auburn. He's also going planning on making it back to Tallahassee for the FSU spring game. As for a decision, Baker has a timeframe in mind.

"I'm looking to verbally commit somewhere before the first week of my senior season," Baker added. "It's going to come down to my connection with the coaches, playing time, the environment and a place that isn't too far from home. Oh, and a place that my parents like."
 4 years ago '08        #974
space
space
Gibbons is a wanted man

St. Petersburg (Fla.) St. Petersburg Catholic running back Ryan Green signed with Florida State earlier this month and last week, the Seminoles offered his Class of 2014 teammate, offensive tackle Reilly Gibbons.

Gibbons will be in Tallahassee for the Florida State Junior Day this weekend.

Gibbons, a 6-foot-6, 276-pound junior prospect, and Green are very close and close enough to even consider him a brother.

“It feels great to have this offer,” Gibbons said. “It’s a great program and the offer means a lot. Just to possibly go and play with a longtime friend and teammate in Ryan, it’s a real great feeling. We played on the same football and basketball team. He’s like a brother. It would be kind of a cinderella story to go and continue playing with your running back and friend.”

Gibbons, a former tight end, is now considered a top 5 in-state offensive lineman according to 247Sports.com. Rick Trickett, Florida State’s offensive line coach, is someone that Gibbons enjoys speaking with and is someone he could play for at the next level.

“He’s a great guy and a really funny guy,” Gibbons mentioned. “He was down awhile back and he saw me and Ryan (Green) and he was just very funny, very easy to talk to and very personable.”

Florida State wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey is another coach that Gibbons has developed a relationship with on the Seminoles staff.

“Coach Dawsey and Coach (Jimbo) Fisher came down during one my basketball practices this year,” he said. “Coach Dawsey talked to my dad for a bit. He’s real funny and real charismatic.”

Gibbons currently holds 32 offers at this point and while he claims no leaders at this time, he did mention a few that are standing out at this point.

“Some of the biggest are Florida State, Florida, Miami, Ohio State and a few others,” Gibbons said. “It’s hard to keep track at this point, but it feels great.”

Being the unselfish teammate that he is, Gibbons knows that his success couldn’t have come without the hard work of his teammates. Gibbons took a minute to mention one of his current teammates that could really burst onto the scene this upcoming season.

“Elevisi Halapio is definitely someone to keep an eye on,” Gibbons mentioned. “His brother is a guard for Florida. He’s a defensive lineman, offensive lineman and a linebacker. He’s got a great body type and he’s got the quickest feet I’ve ever seen for a man as built as him. He’s a 6-foot-4, 250-pound junior and he’s incredibly quick.”

Although Gibbons has plenty of offers to choose from, he’s currently unsure as to when he will make a final decision. At the moment, it seems he will take his time, take some visits, then make a decision when everything seems right.

“I don’t really have a timetable,” he said. “I’m going to take a lot of trips over the summer and when I feel it’s the right time, I’ll make my decision. I don’t really know how many trips or official visits I want to take yet, especially if I commit early. It all depends on the coach of the school I commit to and what he’s alright with.”

With Gibbons’ St. Petersburg Catholic basketball team falling to Cardinal Mooney 55-51 last night, the junior offensive lineman is planning on attending the Florida State Junior Day this weekend.
 4 years ago '08        #975
space
space
2015 LB talks FSU Junior Day

Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian sophomore outside linebacker Jeffery Holland was among a small group of Class of 2015 prospects that attended Florida State’s junior day this past weekend.

Holland is one of the top prospects from the Sunshine State in 2015.

“It was great,” Holland said. “I had a good time down there.”

The visit afforded Holland an opportunity to meet the new defensive coaching staff.

“The coaches were very cool, they were very nice,” Holland said. “I just liked the coaching staff.”

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound linebacker got a lot of attention from his prospective position coach.

“I spent the most time with Coach (Charles) Kelly, the new linebackers coach,” Holland said. “He just told me how they work their linebackers into their new defense.

“He said that he likes attacking linebackers and that I do a good job of getting to the quarterback,” Holland said. “He said that he would have me coming off the edge and getting to the quarterback.”

He also got attention from the new defensive coordinator of the Seminoles.

“Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt is a pretty cool guy,” Holland said. “I met with him for some time.”

Head coach Jimbo Fisher also made sure to make some time for the talented sophomore from Jacksonville.

“Coach Fisher gave me some attention,” Holland said. “He was just asking me what I like about Florida State. He asked about my grades. He told me they would be recruiting me over the next two years.”

Florida State is one of Holland’s 11 early offers. Others include Florida, FIU, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Ohio State, South Carolina, and Virginia Tech. He shared a few that stand out early on and how he intends to approach making a decision.

“Some that stand out to me are Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, and South Carolina,” Holland said. “Those are the top schools I am looking at right now.

“But I have a long time so I am going to be doing some thinking and some research on them before I make a decision,” Holland added.

In addition to playing linebacker for Trinity Christian, Holland also contributes at running back and wide receiver.
 4 years ago '08        #976
space
space
Lincoln DB likes Pruitt's scheme

Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln three star safety Kendall Randolph made the short trip over to Florida State's campus on Saturday. Randolph wanted to meet some of the new FSU coaches in person.

Randolph (vertical stripes) learned more about FSU's new defensive staff on Saturday.

"Everything went real good. I had a good time out there," said Randolph.

Randolph attended FSU's junior day to reconnect with defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

"I was already real familiar with coach Pruitt because he was recruiting me at Alabama. Him being at Florida State gives me an opportunity to communicate with him even more now. It was good to see him and I really like what he's going to bring to the FSU program."

While on campus Randolph sat down with coach Pruitt and watched some tape of how he would be used in Pruitt's defensive scheme.

"FSU is going to be running a defense that is real similar to what we run at Lincoln. It's real DB friendly and I like that. That type of scheme benefits me at my position. We got in a meeting and watched some tape of what they did at Alabama and he's not afraid to use five or six DB's at a time."

Randolph was offered by Florida State under Mark Stoops. While on his visit, Randolph was reassured by Jeremy Pruitt that his offer still stands. Randolph says he has about 13 offers including Auburn, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, FSU and Ole Miss to name a few.

"This spring I know I'll be at FSU's spring game. I might go to Florida's spring game and definitely Miami's spring game too."

Randolph says he has no timetable on his decision, saying simply, "I'll make that decision when I feel most comfortable. Whenever that time comes, I'll commit."
 4 years ago '08        #977
space
space
Derwin James 'a done deal to FSU'

Auburndale (Fla.) Class of 2015 athlete Derwin James has been committed to Florida State since February of 2012 and one could make the case that he is the firmest commitment of any current commitment, regardless of class.

James says that he would sign with Florida State tomorrow if he could.

James, a 6-foot-3, 201-pound prospect that plays safety and receiver at Auburndale Senior high school, has offers from Florida State, Florida and Miami, but he had some interesting things to say regarding the strength of his commitment to the Seminoles.

“I’m a done deal to FSU,” James said. “I honestly forget the guy’s name that’s recruiting me to Miami and Florida. I don’t know and like, I’m not trying to be rude, but I don’t really care. I’m a Seminole. I’d sign tomorrow if I could.”

Schools such as Alabama, LSU and Michigan have been coming after James hard and he admits that he likes the interest, but he says that he won’t be visiting anywhere other than Tallahassee this year.

“I was just at the Junior Day at FSU and I’ll be camping up there and I’ll be at their Spring Game, but that’s it,” James mentioned. “Once the games start, I’m just going to go to FSU games and try to get to as many as I can.”

As mentioned, James was at the Florida State Junior Day this past weekend. Although he knows just about everything there is to know about the Seminoles football program, this visit gave him an opportunity to meet the new coaches and see the academic side of the university.

“It went real good,” James said. “I had to leave a little early, but it was great while I was up there. I got a chance to meet all the new coaches, learn about the classes I may end up taking, meet some teachers and then I spent time with Coach (Jimbo) Fisher, Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt and Coach Odell (Haggins).”

This was James’ first opportunity to speak with Jeremy Pruitt, the new defensive coordinator at Florida State, and he came away impressed.

“Coach Pruitt is real cool,” noted James. “I’m looking forward to playing for him. He wants me on defense and he thinks that I can play a lot of positions. I really prefer defense, but whatever is best. They are the coaches and they know best.”

James has developed a very close relationship with defensive line coach Odell Haggins, who is his primary recruiter. The two spent some one-on-one time together on Saturday, before James left Tallahassee.

“Coach Odell and I have a real good relationship and it was cool seeing him a lot when I was up there,” said James. “We are from the same area, so we understand what things are like around here and I like that he and my family get along real good. That’s a big thing for me.”
 4 years ago '08        #978
space
space
2014 Needs: Linebackers

Florida State’s defense has a grand history at the linebacker position and there is no reason to believe that is going to halt any time in the near future. Restocking at linebacker was a major focus of Florida State’s 2013 class and they found great success in landing five talented linebackers, led by five-star Matthew Thomas. So with the need for quantity pleased in 2013, top-notch quality is going to be the focus of 2014.

Daub is a major target at the linebacker position.

On the roster: RS JR Nigel Terrell, RS SO Terrance Smith, SR Telvin Smith, SO Reggie Northrup, SR Christian Jones, RS FR Ukeme Eligwe, FR Freddie Stevenson (incoming), FR Matthew Thomas (incoming), FR E.J. Levenberry (incoming), FR Tyrell Lyons (incoming), FR Ro’Derrick Hoskins (incoming)

Needs: 2-3

2014 Commits: Pensacola (Fla.) Catholic four-star inside linebacker Delvin Purifoy

What FSU looks for at the LB position:

* Instincts - Possibly the most important trait for a linebacker to possess is the ability to read and react quickly to plays as they develop on the field. The number one goal for a linebacker is to halt the play as far up the field as possible, and that only happens on a consistent basis if a linebacker is able to put himself in the right position routinely.

* Athleticism - Florida State wants big, physical linebackers, but they better be able to get to a spot quickly, cover a lot of ground laterally, and handle change of direction effectively. Overall top-end speed is not as important as general quickness and the ability to react quickly when anticipating the play.

* Versatility - While linebackers claim highlights with plugging a hole or delivering a big hit, they must also be able to play a role in pass coverage down the field and in the flats. Loose hips to turn and run are one part of the equation. A general feel in space is another.

Keep an eye on:

LB Kain Daub (6-2, 243), Jacksonville, Fla. – Daub is a physical beast with a thick build on a solid frame and athletic for being nearly 250 pounds. He is capable of playing inside or outside, but 247Sports.com considers him the No. 1 inside linebacker in the nation and top prospect from the Sunshine State in 2014. Florida State is in a good position with Daub due to his affinity for new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

LB Jacob Pugh (6-4, 205), Tallahassee, Fla. – Pugh is a local prospect who is still growing into the position. He has a long, lean frame with plenty of room to add size as he physically matures. He is very quick off the edge and effectively uses his length to make plays. He holds an offer from the Seminoles.

LB Richard Yeargin III (6-4, 225), Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – Yeargin has measurements that have led some to speculate that he ends up at defensive end. Regardless, he has the athleticism to make plays at all three levels and defend down the field. Yeargin is the most recent linebacker prospect to pick up an offer from the Seminoles.
 4 years ago '08        #979
space
space
2014 Needs: Defensive Ends

Florida State had a banner year at defensive end during the 2012 season, but much of the talent that stood out has now moved on. With a lot of young and inexperienced players on the roster next season, it is tough to predict how big of a need will exist during the 2014 cycle. Regardless, Florida State will look to continue to stockpile talent at the position.

Carter will be a tough pull from the Peach State.

On the roster: RS SO Giorgio Newberry, SO Mario Edwards Jr., RS FR Chris Casher, FR DeMarcus Walker (incoming), JR Desmond Hollin (incoming), FR Davarez Bryant (incoming)

Needs: 3-4

2014 Commits: None

What FSU looks for at the DE position:

* Advanced hand technique – Regardless of whether you are considered a strong-side or weak-side defensive end, Florida State wants edge rushers that use their hands to shed and throw blockers.

* Size and power off the edge – Despite utilizing a 4-3 scheme in recent years, FSU has had strong-side defensive ends that fit a 3-4 scheme. A defensive end who has the capability to stack the point of attack and is very effective against the run, but also capable of physically beating the offensive tackle and getting a sack.

* Ability to make plays in top gear – This has been the job of the weak-side defensive end more often in recent years. A defensive end who is explosive off the snap and possesses good balance and ability to quickly change direction and burst into the backfield.

Names to keep an eye on:

SDE Kentavius Street (6-4, 255), Greenville, N.C. – Street was verbally offered by Florida State in early February. He has named Florida State his leader over other offers such as Clemson, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, and others. Street hopes to visit FSU during the spring.

WDE Lorenzo Carter (6-6, 232), Norcross, Ga. – Carter is considered the top prospect in the Peach State and the top weak-side defensive end in the nation by 247Sports.com. Florida State had him on campus last season. They hope to get him on campus again this spring. Alabama and Georgia, as well as others, will be tough competition.

WDE Chad Thomas (6-4, 230), Miami, Fla. – An in-state defensive end that landed an early offer from Florida State. The Seminoles are top three along with LSU and Miami. Thomas has major upside at the position.
 4 years ago '08        #980
space
space
FSU makes a big move with Pugh

One local prospect who made his way to Florida State for Saturday’s junior day was Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby four-star outside linebacker Jacob Pugh.

FSU made a strong impression on Pugh.

"I'm going to be honest with you, it was awesome. They showed me so much love and made me feel great,” Pugh said. “I love FSU.

“It was a real good place,” Pugh added. “I had never gotten a chance to see the inner part of FSU. I had always just seen the football-side of things. I learned a lot about the inside of FSU. I was surprised. They treat their players great. The facilities were also really nice. It is just a great place over there.”

Among his numerous offers, the 6-foot-4, 205-pound defender claims one from the Seminoles. He shared some information on the coaches he spent time with on Saturday afternoon.

“I spent the most time with (linebackers) Coach (Charles) Kelly, (defensive ends) Coach Sal (Sunseri) and (defensive coordinator) Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt,” Pugh said. “Those coaches were already recruiting me when they were at other colleges, so I knew all of them. I got to know them better now though. We will spend a little more time together.

“They want me as an outside linebacker,” Pugh added. “They just told me it is about getting after the quarterback. They talked about shooting me off the edge. I like that right now, going straight after the quarterback.”

The visit concluded with Pugh having an opportunity to speak with head coach Jimbo Fisher.

“Coach Fisher was just talking to me about Florida State,” Pugh said. “He was talking to me about how he likes me as a player. He would love for me to come be a part of his team.”

Pugh visited Kentucky last weekend. The Wildcats are high on his list along with the Seminoles.

“Right now it is between them (FSU) and Kentucky,” Pugh said. “I really want to be close to home, so I could say Florida State is up there.”

He is planning to see Vanderbilt this coming weekend.

Pugh has no specific timeline for a decision.

247Sports.com considers Pugh the No. 237 prospect in the nation and No. 28 prospect from Florida. He is the No. 18 outside linebacker in the 2014 class.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
79 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago