Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '08        #941
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
TE visiting FSU, hopes for an offer

Suwanee (Ga.) Lambert tight end Chris Laye is among the more than two dozen visitors expected at Florida State’s junior day on Saturday.

Laye has been dealing with Billy Napier over the past month.

“I will be there by Friday night and then I will be there all day Saturday for junior day,” Laye said. “It will be my first time up there so I am looking forward to it.”

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound tight end has been hearing from Florida State since mid-January when new tight ends coach Billy Napier dropped in on him at Lambert.

“Coach Napier has come by my school, I guess it was about two weeks ago,” Laye said. “It was good meeting him. I have gotten to know him and he has gotten to know me.”

Florida State has yet to offer the Peach State prospect. He hopes this weekend gets him one step closer to that offer from Florida State.

“He is glad I am coming for junior day and I will probably have to go there for summer camp, but I think I will be getting pretty close to an offer,” Laye said.

An offer from the Seminoles would mean a lot for Laye.

“It is definitely one of the schools that I want to get an offer from,” Laye said. “I think going up there this weekend is going to be very important. I just really want to get on campus and check everything out. If I like the campus and the academics with knowing they are a great football school, they will definitely be a factor if they do offer.”

Laye claims offers from Boston College, Vanderbilt, and Virginia. He is drawing heavy interest from Oklahoma, Stanford, and Wake Forest.

“Vanderbilt does because it is a great school with great academics, with a nice campus and they are definitely building up their football program,” Laye said. “It would be a great program to be a part of.

“But my options are open,” Laye added. “I am going to just keep looking and trying to find a school that fits me. The first thing for me is academics and the second thing is finding a campus that fits me and third of all is finding a good football program.”

Laye plans to visit Vanderbilt in the next two weeks. He expects to see Boston College and Vanderbilt during spring practice. He will likely camp at Florida State and Stanford over the summer.
 4 years ago '08        #942
space
space
FSU shows Miller how he fits

Columbia (S.C.) Spring Valley four-star outside linebacker Christian Miller made his way down to Tallahassee on Friday and spent the day at Florida State.

Miller will now head to Gainesville for a junior day visit.

“It went real good,” Miller said. “I got to talk to the coaches. I hung out with everybody. I got to see everything there. We watched some film and I got to see how I would be used. I also got to see some of the players do their fourth quarter program, offseason stuff. So I got to see a lot.”

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound outside linebacker was shown a great deal of attention by two members of Jimbo Fisher’s staff.

“I spent a lot of time with (tight ends) Coach (Billy) Napier, he is my recruiting coordinator, but I also spent a lot of time with (defensive ends) Coach (Sal) Sunseri, me and him were watching film,” Miller said. “Coach Sunseri showed me a lot of things.”

Miller was very impressed by what he was told, and shown, by Sunseri.

“I guess what surprised me the most was all the stuff they were showing me on film of how they could use me,” Miller said. “They showed me a lot of packages I don’t think I have even seen them use before. It seems like they are throwing in a lot of new stuff. They just showed me how they can use someone like me for pass rush, using my speed, and using very versatile players.

“They like me as an outside backer,” Miller added. “Coach Sunseri was at Alabama so he plans to use me like they used their outside linebackers. They love my pass rushing. That is my strong point. They plan to utilize that as much as they can. I would play outside linebacker but I would be a pass rusher.”

Sunseri made a strong impression upon the Palmetto State defender.

“I like Coach Sunseri a lot,” Miller said. “When we were watching the film he was just showing me a lot of stuff. He seems real experienced. I like that about Coach Sunseri.”

Before the visit concluded, Miller had the opportunity to sit down and speak with head coach Jimbo Fisher.

“We basically talked about a lot of things,” Miller said. “He just told me what he expects from their players. He talked about how they do stuff.”

Florida State made a good enough impression upon Miller that he will likely returning in the next couple of months.

“Possibly this spring, maybe for spring practice,” Miller said.

At this point, the Seminoles are among the early favorites for Miller.

“They are in my top four,” Miller said. “Florida, Florida State, Alabama, and Georgia.

“Florida was standing out but right now I am just going to keep it even until I get to see Florida tomorrow,” Miller added.

Miller, who claims double-digit offers, will visit Gainesville for a junior day on Saturday.

As a junior, Miller recorded 121 tackles, 21 tackles for a loss and 14 sacks.

247Sports.com considers him the No. 97 player overall in the 2014 class. He is the No. 4 outside linebacker in the class and No. 3 prospect from South Carolina.
 4 years ago '08        #943
space
space
FSU Junior Day: Star-studded event

Florida State will host their second junior day of February on Saturday when they bring in more than two dozen visitors. Noles247.com takes a look at some of the standouts expected.

Cosentino's visit to Florida State began on Friday.

Offered quarterback already in town

Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic quarterback JJ Cosentino arrived in Tallahassee on Friday and will check out some things before Saturday’s event. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound quarterback was offered by Florida State in late January. It was his first offer. The offer was extended by new defensive ends coach Sal Sunseri, who also played his high school football at Central Catholic. Cosentino is currently very high on the Seminoles.

Pettway looking forward to visit

Coming off a junior day visit to Auburn, Prattville (Ala.) running back Kamryn Pettway is making his way to Florida State for a junior day visit. Pettway picked up his first offer from Florida State earlier this month. The Seminoles are hoping to make a strong impression and sway Pettway to leave the Yellowhammer State. The 6-foot, 224-pound back has the size Florida State is looking for in at least one of the backs they take in the 2014 class.

Ford checking out his top in-state offer

Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian three-star wide receiver Isaiah Ford will be in attendance on Saturday. Ford landed an offer from wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey back in mid-January. Ford has a dozen offers but the Seminoles are the only one of the ‘Big 3’ to pull the trigger so far. The 6-foot-2, 170-pound wide receiver is relatively open at this stage of the process.

Tight end looking for an offer

Suwanee (Ga.) Lambert tight end Chris Laye is visiting Florida State in hopes of landing an offer from the Seminoles. Laye is being targeted by new tight ends coach Billy Napier. The two have been building a relationship over the past month. Laye currently has offers from Boston College, Vanderbilt, and Virginia. He said an offer from the Seminoles would definitely increase his interest in possibly making Tallahassee his future home.

While just a sophomore, Holland is already a major target.

Good group of linebackers

The strongest group on the defensive side of the ball is the linebackers. Among those expected are Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby four-star Jacob Pugh, Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit three-star Vincent Jackson, and Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian sophomore Jeffrey Holland. Pugh and Jackson are both in pursuit of an offer from the Seminoles. Holland, despite being just a sophomore, already has been offered by the Seminoles.

Local Flavor

Some local Tallahassee prospects are expected at Florida State on Saturday. In addition to Jacob Pugh, who was already mentioned, a couple of other Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby prospects are expected in three-star safeties Deion Singleton and Tony Fields. Other locals include Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln three-star safety Kendall Randolph, Tallahassee (Fla.) Florida offensive lineman Andrew Harrell, Madison (Fla.) Madison County linebacker Brice Hamilton, and Perry (Fla.) Taylor County four-star wide receiver Moral Stephens.

Talented group of underclassmen

While the focus is on helping to a.ssemble the 2014 class, Florida State’s junior day isn’t solely about focusing on rising senior prospects. The weekend is expected to bring in a number of talented 2015 prospects and at least one standout from the 2016 class. With regards to rising juniors, prospects such as Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian cornerback Kevin Toliver II, an LSU commitment, are expected. From the 2016 class, Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian running back Jalin Buie is expected to make his way to Tallahassee
 4 years ago '05        #944
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,688 | Props total: 3796 3796
we landed 2014 RB Kamryn Pettaway outta Alabama, he's 6'1 226...the 2nd best back in Bama behind Scarborough who is committed to Alabama

4 years ago '08        #945
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,015 | Props total: 167 167
.... Big back we been looking for. So I take it we're bringing in 3?
 4 years ago '07        #946
Jackstunt 
space
space
space
$1,550 | Props total: 15 15
Christian Green.
Kelvin Benjamin.
Mario Pender.

I think two of these three will transfer/get kicked out of school. Christian Green wants playing time and is unhappy about last season. Kelvin Benjamin pissed off a lot of the coaches for his comments on twitter following the Orange Bowl, and because he started to get lazy toward the end of the season. Mario Pender is just a malcontent who doesn't appear to have matured. However, there is the feeling that Randy Sanders (if he remains RB coach) can get through to him.

I want to add Bobby Hart to the list, but he is at a position of need so he is safe.

*Passing a long what I was told by a friend who is close to the program.
 4 years ago '08        #947
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,630 | Props total: 259 259
 MRS. RONDO said:
we landed 2014 RB Kamryn Pettaway outta Alabama, he's 6'1 226...the 2nd best back in Bama behind Scarborough who is committed to Alabama

omg we gotta keep this player. definite 4 star talent from what i can see. still gonna miss lonnie though!
 4 years ago '11        #948
klutch2381 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 8 8
A couple pics I took today of the indoor practice facility. There's no real way to capture the scale of it in a pic, but it's huge.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

It's going to be so s3xy when they finish it and put the brick facade around it.
 4 years ago '08        #949
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,630 | Props total: 259 259
i know what you mean. its massive when you see it from the street. more of an indoor stadium
 02-18-2013, 06:06 AM         #950
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just read on Noles 24/7 that some NFL teams are offering Lawrence Dawsey a job.
 4 years ago '10        #951
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
This is the worst damn time of the year with no football...
 4 years ago '08        #952
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
Football... SO FAR AWAY!

[pic - click to view]

02-19-2013, 03:31 PM         #953
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New Miami a.ssistant Mario Cristobal has reportedly bolted after just a month on the job to become offensive line coach at Alabama, a source told Alex Scarborough of ESPN.com TideNation.

Cristobal was fired as FIU coach last December, then hired as tight ends/assistant head coach at Miami in January. CBS Sports was the first to report the news.
 4 years ago '05        #954
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,688 | Props total: 3796 3796
Street on a fast track

Jake Rowe
UGASports.com

Rose (Greenville, N.C.) defensive end Kentavious Street has risen about as quickly as a recruit can.

Originally from Douglas, Ga., few knew about Street before he competed at the Army All-American Combine for underclassmen in San Antonio that took place in early January.

At that time, Street received a 2014 Army All-American Bowl invite, and things have taken off from there.

He isn't worried about bursting on to the scene later than others as the offers are pouring in now.

"It's going great, man," Street said when asked to share his feelings on the recruiting process. "Just got offered by Georgia today and it is the biggest compliment to me. I'm trying to stay humble but at the end of the day it is just a great milestone in my career. I'm just so grateful for it."

Street, who refers to himself as a "Georgia boy" and a "country boy" got the UGA offer from a coach who he believes is similar to himself.

"Coach John Lilly friended me on facebook awhile back and we started talking there," he said. "Then today he called me and I finally got to talk to him voice-to-voice and talk to him. We have a lot of things in common and he is just a cool dude. Then he told me at the end of the conversation that I have a solid offer at UGA and they want me to be there. He's a country boy."

The five-star prospect says that Florida State was his "dream school" growing up, but he also says that the offer from Georgia holds a great deal of weight.

"It means the most to me," Street said of his thoughts on the UGA offer. "To tell the truth, it is the most important offer that I have acquired in my career. It is just great, man. I'm feeling accomplished now. A few years back this was just a dream and now that it has come true it is unreal. Georgia, right now, is standing at number two in my list of top schools behind Florida State. They have a great shot at getting me there."

With Florida State coming in as his dream offer and Georgia coming in as his most important offer, some might think that Street's recruitment has already been narrowed down.

According to the Rivals100 defender, that is not the case.

"To tell the truth," he said. "I'm really not set on any school or committing early. I'm just going to take my time and see how many offers I can rack up then go through them and pick out the best school for me."

The Tar Heel state standout spoke to UGASports over the phone after concluding workouts with his teammate at the Rose High School field house, and says that his senior season is his main focus at present.

He also took the time to share a little about his mentality when he steps on the field.

"My mindset is that I just want to dominate," he said. "There is no set scheme or tendencies that I like. From pass rushing to stuffing the run, I just want to dominate."

The next few months will be busy for the Nation's 14th overall prospect by Rivals.com, but it will all be a part of the process of choosing where he will play his college ball.

"With all these offers I have, I'll definitely be out visiting a ton of schools this spring and over the summer," Street said. "That will probably narrow it down for me entering my senior year of football. I'll definitely get down to Georgia sometime in May."
 4 years ago '06        #955
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
sh*t is slow as hell right now. The only thing I've heard is that LJ might move to CB. And Stork or Matias might move to RT.
 4 years ago '08        #956
space
space
I swear SEC schools don't recruit no more. They wait until we offer someone to evaluate him. Then they offer him and tell him if he goes to FSU he's scared of SEC competition. Then the recruit feels like he has to prove himself and ends up at garbage a.ss Auburn or some sh*t. The only schools who pull recruits on they're own power without slandering FSU is UF, Bama and LSU, but Bama and UF fear us going to the SEC so fu*k them too.
 4 years ago '08        #957
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
I swear SEC schools don't recruit no more. They wait until we offer someone to evaluate him. Then they offer him and tell him if he goes to FSU he's scared of SEC competition. Then the recruit feels like he has to prove himself and ends up at garbage a.ss Auburn or some sh*t. The only schools who pull recruits on they're own power without slandering FSU is UF, Bama and LSU, but Bama and UF fear us going to the SEC so fu*k them too.
Basically.
 4 years ago '05        #958
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,616 | Props total: 243 243
Nobody fears Yall going to SEC. The SEC does not need anymore mediocre teams
 02-19-2013, 11:49 PM         #959
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
 4 years ago '07        #960
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Lol at bama waiting on y'all to offer schollys

They have won 3 of the last 4 bcs titles FSU played no parts in that at all
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy