Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (1 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '06        #61
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1107 1107
#BlueChipBattles -- Jan. 11
RecruitingNation breaks down the nation's top 10 football recruiting battles

9.0Derrick Green | @BrOoKyLn_boii27
Richmond (Va.) Hermitage | RB | 6-0/215 | ESPN Rank: No. 38
Last week's #BlueChipBattles rank: Unranked

Commitment status: Uncommitted.

Who's in the driver's seat: Michgan.

Other candidates: Auburn, Miami, Florida State, USC and Tennessee.

Dark horse: Tennessee.

@DaveHookerESPN's take: Green hasn't done much talking in weeks. Fortunately for recruiting fans, he couldn't avoid reporters at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Green listed the above schools as suitors, but downplayed Southern California's chances to land him. He admitted that coaching changes at Auburn and Tennessee affected his evaluation of the two programs. Miami and Florida State are very late to enter the race. It seems unlikely they could make up that much ground. Even though Green has denied it, this looks like a two-horse race between Michigan and Tennessee unless potential official visits to Miami and Florida State change his current course. Michigan has been stable. Michigan needs a tailback. Michigan makes too much sense. Despite all the drama, Green will be a Wolverine.

RecruitingNation ranks Green's recruitment as the No. 9 battle in the country. Tweet us your opinion using the hashtag #BlueChipBattles @RecruitingESPN.

5.)Matthew Thomas
Miami Booker T. Washington | OLB | 6-4/210 | ESPN Rank: No. 6

Last week's #BlueChipBattles rank: No. 7

Commitment status: Undecided.

Who's in the driver's seat: Miami and Florida State.

Other candidates: Georgia.

Dark horse: Alabama.

@coreylong's take: This weekend will be Thomas' first on the road and he's heading to Alabama, where the Tide staff and players will surely still be celebrating their third title in four seasons. Thomas knows Alabama freshman wide receiver Amari Cooper well and it wouldn't be a stretch to expect the two to spend lots of time together this weekend. While this is generally considered a two-team race between Miami and FSU, Alabama was high on Thomas' list for a while and a good visit could spring the Tide right back into the mix.

Thomas will be visiting USC on Jan. 18 but it's safe to say the Trojans are on the outside looking in right now. Georgia is a school to watch as Thomas is very excited about his official to Athens on Feb. 1 and the fact that both of his parents like the school from an academic standpoint. The linebacker also has family in the Peach State.

RecruitingNation ranks Thomas' recruitment as the No. 5 battle in the country. Tweet us your opinion using the hashtag #BlueChipBattles @RecruitingESPN.

4.)Laremy Tunsil
Lake City (Fla.) Columbia | OT | 6-6/295 | ESPN Rank: No. 5
Last week's #BlueChipBattles rank: Unranked

Commitment status: The nation's No. 4 player and five-star recruit looks like he'll take his recruitment all the way to signing day.

Who's in the driver's seat: Georgia and Alabama.

Other candidates: FSU, Ole Miss and Texas.

Dark horse: Texas.

@DerekTysonESPN's take: Georgia and Alabama still appear to be the teams to beat for Tunsil, but don't discount Ole Miss either. Tunsil has a good relationship with Ole Miss defensive line coach Chris Kiffin and will officially visit Oxford on Jan. 25. The 6-foot-6, 295-pound Army All-American will also visit Alabama on Jan. 11, followed by a visit to Georgia on Jan. 18 and Florida State on Feb. 1. Tunsil surprised many by announcing that he wanted to take his fifth and final visit to Texas, a school he hadn't mentioned in quite some time. Will Alabama's BCS title be enough to sway the big-time target toward Tuscaloosa? Only time will tell, but as of now it still seems like Georgia is out in front.

RecruitingNation ranks Tunsil's recruitment as the No. 4 battle in the country. Tweet us your opinion using the hashtag #BlueChipBattles @RecruitingESPN.
 4 years ago '05        #62
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
 4 years ago '06        #63
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
 Manofwar9146 said:
James Wilder ‏@IAm_Wilder32
The ravens make me miss defense sometimes...I'm playing both sides of the ball this year

he aint playing both sides
 4 years ago '05        #64
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
dildos im gettin real tired of seein you in here

christian jones is comin back
 4 years ago '05        #65
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
what the fu*k is a chongo....i wanna slap trickett man
 4 years ago '05        #66
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Updated Saturday Jan 12 11:35 pm

It's been a busy past few days for the Florida State staff in hosting 14 official visitors. I haven't heard back from Ro'Derrick Hoskins, so I guess he didn't make it and I haven't confirmed him being around. I'm going to be as detailed as possible on every single target that is on campus and some of the highlights from what I've been hearing on the official visits.

First, I will begin with the biggest fish on campus this weekend five star CB Jalen Ramsey. I'm told by those close to him that he really was impressed with the Criminology program and even the business program when they checked it out Saturday morning. He then had a heart to heart meeting with Jimbo Fisher- they talked about expectations, not football or recruiting. Jeremy Pruitt then joined in and both of them focused on character and how that defines a person here at FSU. Pruitt then went over specifics about every possible scenario Ramsey could be used in for their defense. I can tell you the early reports are Ramsey is blown away how much he likes Pruitt as a defensive coordinator and person. Ramsey also told a few players and recruits this weekend "I'm feeling this place. I feel comfortable and no pressure about recruiting". Even at the basketball game Ramsey was having a blast one person even said that on a thunder dunk by Montay Brandon, Jalen did the chop and got a little excited at the basketball game.

As far as Keith Bryant is concerned the consensus I have received around the players (not recruits) is that he already acts like he's part of the team. Bryant even has been explaining what to look at to other players like Yannick Ngakoue or Arshad Jackson, who have never been on the campus tour. Bryant is like "Oh you want to check out the weight room first so you can do this or talk with this GA about the facilities and the 3D video room". Not going to say that the word commitment has come up, but the vibe Bryant is giving off and even his family is one of a guy that knows where he wants to be at this point and that place is FSU. Bryant was also vocal at the basketball game and had a big smile on his face most of the time. He sat with EJ Levenberry (if you haven't seen the tweets or the message on the Tribal Council from a few fans that sat around them). Bryant has always said that he'll wait so he can take visits, but I think this weekend, based on the vibes I'm getting is the first time he feels where he wants to be.

Davin Bellamy was the big concern coming into this visit. A source close to Davin told me he was coming into this visit with huge expectations and thinking in the back of his head this might not be the place for him as we reported on the chat the other night. However, on the visit I'll say FSU has certainly rolled out the red carpet for him according to several people close to him. Sal Sunseri has been pushing hard for Bellamy and the two have been very connected the entire visit. I'm told that Sunseri went over the depth chart, plan to use him and strengths Sunseri feels Davin has as well as weaknesses he has noticed. Bellamy so far is getting every question answered of how he fits there, defensive scheme with Pruitt and his relationship with this staff. So far the vibe is good and the feeling Bellamy is giving off to other committed prospects is that this is where he feels he needs to be. Just an early vibe but that's what we are getting at this stage.

Besides Jalen Ramsey I would say Levonte Whitfield has spent the most time with head coach Jimbo Fisher. This is one kid a source close to the FSU side has told me that Fisher just absolutely adores. There is just some kind of connection Fisher has with Whitfield that their personalities fit. Whitfield and Fisher both let out a big yell when Trindon Holiday exploded in the 2nd half for a kick return. That's all the two talked about during the game was Holiday, speed and how Whitfield see's the play develop when he makes the returns. Whifield has been on the bigger recruiters this weekend for FSU as well. Especially when the recruits went over to Fisher's house for desert. After Whitfield played some Xbox with Fisher's kids, he said this is the place to be in winning championship and was working on each uncommitted recruit in his own way we are told. As you might imagine Marvin Bracy, Kermit are a hoot together. In fact, Fisher calls them brothers. Said they f!ght like brothers and mimic each other in how they talk about their accomplishments. Said they even try to one up each other. Fisher joked naming them "Thing 1 and Thing 2" like in the Dr. Suess cartoons.

Another guy having a really great time is Boyd Anderson athlete Eddie Jackson. I do think FSU likes him more as a defensive back based on the vibe I've been getting tonight. He has talked some with Dawsey, but most of the time with Jeremy Pruitt on technique. Pruitt even showed him some stance positions for jam, press and zone coverages that he could use in college. Marquez White even helped out in the teaching and explaining that to Jackson. I actually believe if there was one guy to watch for a decision this weekend it might be Eddie. His family is loving Fisher and Jackson has looked like a kid in a candy store seeing the facilities, stadium, where each player was introduced today over the PA system. Putting on a jersey was an exciting moment for him because the Noles have always been his dream school.

Speaking of Marquez White, he's having a blast so far as well. He really got into the basketball game doing the chop at every timeout. But this visit was more for his mother, who has really made a connection so far with Fisher. The biggest reason? First words he said was what does Marquez want to major in and second, I'm going to be very hard on him. She had a big smile after that.

EJ Levenberry is having a great time and he was one of the guys that really connected with Trey and Ethan on the visit at Fisher's for the dessert. As you might imagine, EJ is one of the most well respected recruits on the visits. Everyone seems to magnify to him because of his personality and honesty. Which is why ghis host, Karlos Williams was perfect for him. EJ is straight forward, much like Karlos but in different ways. The most crucial part so far on the visit was when Levenberry spent a great deal of time with new linebackers coach Charles Kelly. It was explained how he's going to be used to a certain degree and that will be further broke down tomorrow again, but Kelly was very personable, honest with him about how he fit into FSU and the everything seemed to go really well.

The final two guys I'll talk about are Auburn commitment DE Tashawn Bower and LB/DE Yannick Ngakoue. Starting with Yannick, the toughest part of his trip is Jimbo Fisher learning how to pronounce his last name, which Jimbo finally got right by the end of Friday night, which is pronounced Ngooo. But Yannick has been blown away by this trip so far. He likes both what the depth charts look like for at linebacker/defensive end. The first person to greet him was Sal Sunseri, who gave him a big hug. The two spent 30 minutes or even longer breaking down film, laughing and really connecting again with each other Friday. Saturday was more for him seeing the campus, taking pictures, then the basketball game, which Ngakoue said was the loudest he's heard. He also got a chance to check out the stadium and even try on his own jersey. The best part about the trip though so far for Yannick we hear was walking through the stadium with Coach Sunseri. I would say much like Jackson, Yannick would be one of the players I watch for to see if anything happens as far as a decision because he also gave a vibe off of that when around other players and recruits.

With Bower he came into this trip not knowing what to expect out of FSU since he has only been to FSU once. But the best part was watching Bower with Josue Matias - they really connected with the players more than anything. He was also a player that had a great time spending time with the Fisher kids. You can tell based on what one person said that he loves being around kids. He would play pool, video games, whatever while the other players mostly watched the game. I'm told he had a meeting with Sunseri as well, along with Coley, his main recruiter. Bower talked with players from the team and was very detailed with his questions - asking the work ethic, how tough it is. Everyone explained in detail, then Matias said unless you have Coach Trickett and he's really tough, everyone laughed.

Arshad Jackson and Jeremy Kerr seemed to be having a great time, especially Jackso,n but it was hard to get a read on Kerr although he loved the time in film study with his position and how he would be used we are told. I don't talk about it much, but I would just say the night life is a pretty popular advantage for the recruits. They loved that part of the visit. I would also say there was never a time where Kerr didn't have a smile on his face during the visit and even indicated Nick O'Leary was one of the funniest guys to be around. Don't hear that often, but still interesting.

That's it for now guys and I'm sure we will have a full report on all the guys tomorrow. That's the plan as we start hitting all of them up sometime Sunday.
 4 years ago '05        #67
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #68
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 2 2
Seem Like Everything With The Recruits Went Great

NOLES
 4 years ago '05        #69
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,476 | Props total: 1825 1825
 4 years ago '06        #70
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
FSU pledge Whitfield recaps official visit
January, 13, 2013
JAN 13
3:09
PM ET
By Corey Dowlar | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT

ESPN 150 athlete Levonte Whitfield (Orlando, Fla./Jones) made his official visit to Florida State and got to know the city and the players a little better.

"It was really good," he said. "I enjoyed going out."

Marvin Bracy, a track star in his own right like Whitfield, played host to the speedster this weekend.

"My host was my cousin," he said. "I liked hanging out with the other players and all that stuff, too."

Whitfield, of course, has been on campus at Florida State several times unofficially. Officials are different in nature, usually, but this wasn't too far off.

"I didn't think it was that different," said Whitfield. "It was kind of the same to me."

With signing day just under a month away, Whitfield says he can't wait to get started. Visiting Tallahassee this weekend only intensified it.

"I am excited to sign with FSU and get started," he said.

Whitfield committed to Florida State in August.
 4 years ago '06        #71
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
Nice work my G. Its soundin like Bryant and Jackson will be noles
 4 years ago '05        #72
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

Dawkins highlights, Amp next im workin on gettin the seniors done
 4 years ago '08        #73
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
I love this Eddie Jackson dude. Pruitts gonna do with him what Stoops did with Xai
 4 years ago '06        #74
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
Lyons ready to work for a spot
January, 13, 2013
JAN 13
3:30
PM ET
It wasn't so long ago that Tyrell Lyons (Jacksonville, Fla./First Coast) was on campus at Florida State as a brand new commitment to the Seminoles.

Now, nearly a year after he committed to Florida State, his process has almost come full circle. His official visit this past weekend was the final event before signing and faxing his letter of intent to FSU.

"It was my first official visit ever, so it was really fun," he said. "My official visit was pretty different than the unofficials I have taken. You just do different stuff. Interacting with the other players and how they liked it and talking about how we want to win, I really liked that. Going to Jimbo's house and hanging out with his two sons, that was fun."

Tyrell Lyons
Outside linebacker
Committed: Florida State
Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
81Jacksonville, FL
New linebackers coach Charles Kelly was one of the highlights of Lyons visit. This was the pair's first opportunity to meet face to face since Greg Hudson's departure for Purdue.

Kelly stressed character as a major expectation of his players, and that was just fine for Lyons.

"I talked to him a little bit," Lyons said. "I think our relationship is going to get better and better every time we see each other and talk to each other. He talked to me about the intangibles and character. Character means a lot in a lot of aspects. It is who you are and what you are. That is a good thing. You have to have great character and good knowledge."

Mario Edwards Sr. gave all the visitors a pep talk on preparing themselves for the next level. While it can be overwhelming at first, just a couple of quick things can make the process a lot easier.

"We all had a really good time," Lyons said." We were just observing everything you can do there. Mario Edwards Sr., he told us all about it and how it goes by quickly. He just talked to us about getting prepared before we get there so it won't be as hard."

National signing day is right around the corner. And right after that, Lyons will be arriving on campus as a full-fledged member of the team.

He can't wait to realize it, but knows that with his opportunity comes responsibility.

"I am pretty excited to get started," Lyons said. "I will be really happy when I get here. I know that I am going to have to work to get my position. I am going to have to work really hard, but at the same time, I like to work hard. I am ready to get to work."
 4 years ago '06        #75
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
Derrick Green sets announcement date
January, 13, 2013
JAN 13
4:49
PM ET
By Dave Hooker | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS1EMAILPRINT
ESPN 150 running back Derrick Green has chosen a date to announce his college decision.

"I have decided to make my college announcement on January 26, 2013 at 4:00 pm. Truly Blessed!!!!" Green stated on his Facebook page.

The four-star tailback from Richmond (Va.) Hermitage has taken official visits to Auburn, Michigan and Tennessee. He is considering official visits to Miami and Florida State.
 4 years ago '06        #76
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
ESPN 300 LB Hoskins meets new coach
January, 13, 2013
JAN 13
7:16
PM ET
ESPN 300 linebacker and Florida State pledge Ro'Derrick Hoskins (Orlando, Fla./Evans) got to meet some new friends and new coaches during his official visit over the weekend.

From meeting everyone on campus that is on the team, and those who also might be there someday, it was a good experience overall.

Ro'derrick Hoskins
Outside linebacker

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
83Orlando, FL
"I enjoyed hanging out with the coaches and the players," he said. "I went into coach [Jimbo] Fisher's house and that was great."

Meeting linebackers coach Charles Kelly was probably the highest priority for Hoskins on the trip. Not knowing him as much as Greg Hudson, who just departed to Purdue, getting familiar as soon as possible was important.

The two sat down and went over his high school film to talk about what they liked and what they need to improve on.

"We just tried to get to know each other a little better," Hoskins said. "He was trying to get to know me. We sat there and watched some of my film.

"I liked that a lot."

Hoskins says he could take another visit before signing day, but that isn't set. What seems clear is his intent to enroll at FSU.

"Maybe to Louisville, but I really don't know," Hoskins said. "Yep, I'm going to Florida State."

ESPN ranks Hoskins as the 14th-best outside linebacker in the country.
 4 years ago '05        #77
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
man when we gonna get another commit fu*k.....
 4 years ago '06        #78
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
ESPN 300 DE meets new FSU staff
January, 13, 2013
JAN 13
6:09
PM ET
Coming into this weekend, an ESPN 300 defensive end had a lot of questions about Florida State.

Davin Bellamy (Chamblee, Ga./Chamblee) had been committed to Florida State since August. But several of the coaches have since departed to new jobs and new opportunities. SO FSU, in relation to Bellamy, anyway, had to strike up a new understanding.

The initial reviews from Bellamy were positive.

Davin Bellamy
Defensive end

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
82Chamblee, GA
"I really, really, really enjoyed myself," he said. "A lot of questions that I had were answered. All of the new coaches and stuff, we kind of bonded real quickly. There were a lot of players there already committed, too, so I got along with them. We really hit it off with them. The new coaching staff, a lot of them I already knew because they recruited me from other schools."

The introduction of new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, and defensive ends coach Sal Sunseri, were the two key hires relative to Bellamy. Though he didn't get to spend that much time with the guy that will be calling the plays, Bellamy did talk to his potential position coach an awful lot.

And Sunseri made an interesting comparison that left Bellamy intrigued.

"Today was the big meeting day, but I didn't get a chance to meet with Coach Pruitt, but I met with Sal [Sunseri] and Coach Jimbo [Fisher]," he said. "When I went with Coach Sal, he told me that he had never had a player like me with a basketball background that could translate to the field since Julius Peppers. He showed me a lot of the tapes and techniques that they used. Coach Fisher said the same thing, basically. They are planning on using me as a stand-up guy or move around the line of scrimmage and stuff. Just being a versatile player."

Bellamy wouldn't go so far as to say he's definitely going to sign with the Seminoles, but he took note of their concern for him being in the class.

"I always loved Florida State since day one," he said. "I love the campus, I love the people, I love the team and Jimbo is the best relationship of any head coach that I have with all the schools. FSU was always the leader, but I just had questions about the coaching staff and whether they wanted me. But they seemed more excited about me than I was.

"I am sure Jimbo read some of the articles about me looking around. He told me that he was worried and he didn't want me to go, but he understood. Jimbo said they could have took anyone at defensive end first, but they took me."

Bellamy will take two more officials in the next two weekends, to Tennessee and Georgia, respectively. The two SEC schools will have to present a new opportunity or advantage in order to sway him from the Seminoles.

"What does a team have that Florida State doesn't?" he said. "Basically it is going to come down to that."

Noles pitch ATH Jackson; Bama, LSU next
January, 13, 2013
JAN 13
6:13
PM ET
By Corey Long | ESPN.com
Highly-recruited athlete Eddie Jackson (Lauderdale Lakes, Fla./Boyd Anderson) was thought to be a near-lock for Florida State when the Seminoles offered two months ago. Since then, though, the 6-foot-1, 178-pound senior has received some major offers from top SEC programs.

Jackson recently was offered by Alabama and will take official visits to Alabama, LSU and Arkansas in the next three weeks, so this weekend’s official visit to Florida State was a chance for the Seminoles to get some distance between themselves and the stout competition.

The projected cornerback said the Seminoles' visit could not have gone much better.

Eddie Jackson
Wide receiver
Uncommitted: List
Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
NR
Pompano Beach, FL
“I loved it, it was just a great trip,” Jackson said. “The players on the team that I hung out with were great, and everyone up there treated me so well.

“I got to spend time with coach [Jimbo] Fisher at his house and meet his family. Everything was perfect.”

Jackson said Florida State remains the favorite. With the departure of Mark Stoops to Kentucky and Eddie Gran to Cincinnati, things were a little uncertain. But new FSU defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt already was recruiting Jackson while he was the defensive backs coach at Alabama.

“I’m comfortable with the whole coaching staff at FSU,” Jackson said. “I like coach Pruitt, they want big defensive backs, and I think I fill that role.

“FSU is definitely in the lead, but no commitments yet, probably not until signing day.”

As for the Crimson Tide, they offered Jackson less than a week ago, and he is looking forward to seeing the Tuscaloosa campus next weekend.

“It was a great feeling to have the offer from Alabama, because they are a top program and just won another national championship,” Jackson added. “That’s a big-time offer right there.

“Like with all my visits that I have left, I’m going to look at the staff and see how I fit in.”

Jackson said Alabama and Arkansas will be visiting him at his school this week.
 4 years ago '11        #79
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,354 | Props total: 144 144
 MRS. RONDO said:
man when we gonna get another commit fu*k.....
Hell yea im feining for a commit
 4 years ago '05        #80
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
fu*k matthew thomas' cane a.ss...........fu*k that n*gga, fu*k him

there shouldnt even be a rumor out there, he shoulda been a fsu commit now

aint nobody got time to be playin with these n*ggaz no more.......go to miami n lose i dont give a fu*k
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy