Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '06        #41
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
Brown and Chad Thomas in 2014

Last edited by FullTimeHustla; 01-10-2013 at 10:10 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #42
space
space
space
Brown and Chad Thomas in 2014 canes baby

Last edited by FullTimeHustla; 01-10-2013 at 09:58 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #43
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,362 | Props total: 153 153
Damn, I wanted Coley to visit this weekend
 4 years ago '06        #44
space
space
space
 mester said:
Damn, I wanted Coley to visit this weekend
FSU getting him its a done deal. miami has no wide out coach.
lol @ pete carrols son. the u messed up
 4 years ago '11        #45
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
Another hurrilame?????? Im tired of yall muhfu*kas
 4 years ago '05        #46
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3801 3801
FTH shut up ho n go to sleep before i spank ya, if we want chad thomas we will get chad thomas, end of story
 4 years ago '11        #47
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
at Stacy Coley sr film
 01-11-2013, 05:12 AM         #48
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Florida State: Don't be surprised if Colorado State quarterbacks / a.ssistant head coach Billy Napier ends up on Jimbo Fisher's staff.
 4 years ago '06        #49
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
 Manofwar9146 said:
FSU slightly leads for Chad Thomas. Josh Newberg even said before the season started that Chad prolly would pull the trigger in October, but decided to wait. Nigel Patten did the same thing. Miami fans have to understand that Miami isn't Miami anymore. Just like FSU fans like myself can't dwell too much of the 90's....them days are over. It's a new age and time in college football. I guess Miami fans will finally wake up to the truth after stop sniffin them bath salt 8 balls

should we believe josh newberg or straight from the horses mouth?
 01-11-2013, 10:24 AM         #50
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looks like we dropping VT and traveling to Pitt next year. ACC just announced. Our opponents will be MIA, NC State, Maryland, and Cuse at home and Pitt, BC, Clemson, and Wake on the road.
 4 years ago '05        #51
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher added to his defensive staff with the hire of former Georgia Tech a.ssistant Charles Kelly as the linebackers coach and special teams coordinator for the Seminoles.
"I'm excited to have Charles joining our staff," Fisher said. "He brings a wealth of knowledge on the defensive side of football to our program. He's a great recruiter and coach who has been in the south a long time, where he's developed a reputation as one of the best. Not only is he going to bring a lot to our staff in all phases of coaching, but he's a quality person that we can't wait to have join our Seminole family."
Kelly just completed his seventh season at Georgia Tech and his third season as coach of the secondary. During his time with the Yellow Jackets, he also served stints coaching the cornerbacks and special teams. Kelly was elevated to interim defensive coordinator after the sixth game in 2012.
"I'm very excited to have an opportunity to work for Coach Fisher and be a part of a championship program like Florida State," Kelly said. "I know Coach Fisher's goal is to win a national championship and that's something I'm hoping to help the program accomplish. I'd like to thank Paul Johnson and Chan Gailey for giving me the opportunity to be at Georgia Tech for seven years. We had some very good times together. I really appreciate everything that the other coaches, support staff and alumni did for me and my family. We leave there with very fond memories."
Since taking over the Georgia Tech defense after a 2-4 start (1-3 in the ACC), Kelly helped the Yellow Jackets improve significantly in every defensive statistical category. Georgia Tech finished the season with a 7-7 record after defeating USC in the Hyundai Sun Bowl. Kelly's defense limited the high-powered Trojan offense to 205 yards and seven points in the bowl win. The final national rankings showed the Yellow Jackets' improvements with Kelly running the defense as compared to the first part of the season. Through the first six games of the season, Georgia Tech ranked 83rd in scoring defense (30.17 points per game), 68th in rushing defense (163.3 yards per game), 98th in passing defense (267.7 yards per game), 89th in total defense (431 yards per game) and 78th in sacks (1.67 sacks per game). The Yellow Jackets finished the year with an improvement in scoring defense (65 th, 28.3 points per game), rushing defense (41st, 144.2 yards per game), passing defense (68th, 229.8 yards per game), total defense (43rd, 374.0 yards per game) and sacks (59th, 2.0 sacks per game).
One of the biggest improvements in Tech's defense the last eight games of the season was its play in the second half, specifically in the fourth quarter. In the first six games of the season, Tech allowed an average of 13.3 points in the fourth quarter and in overtime, compared to just 3.9 points in the fourth quarter the final eight games of the season. The Yellow Jackets did not allow a fourth-quarter point in each of their final four games (Duke, Georgia, FSU and USC). The defense shut out both FSU and USC in the second half of those games. Opponents scored 44.2 percent of their points in the fourth quarter and in OT through the first six games of the season, compared to just 14.4 percent of their points in the fourth quarter over the final eight games.
Kelly took over responsibility for the secondary in 2010 after coaching the cornerbacks in 2008 and 2009.
Over the last four seasons, Georgia Tech has recorded 52 interceptions. In 2008, the Yellow Jackets recorded 18 INTs, including three by true freshman cornerback Rashaad Reid, who was a second team Freshmen All-American.
In 2008, Tech ranked in the top 30 nationally in total defense and scoring defense. In 2009, Kelly helped develop a number of cornerbacks including Mario Butler, a 14-game starter, and Jerrard Tarrant, who picked off two passes, including one for a touchdown in the Orange Bowl. Tarrant was responsible for all four of Tech's non-offensive touchdowns in 2009.
In 2010, both Butler and Tarrant returned interceptions for touchdowns. Butler and Tarrant were invited to the NFL Combine.
Last season Kelly inherited four new starters in the secondary and molded that youthful unit into a group that helped Georgia Tech rank second in the ACC and 28th nationally in pass defense. With just one senior among the starters, Tech recorded 14 interceptions in 2011, six more than the previous season.

"I'm very excited to have an opportunity to work for Coach Fisher and be a part of a championship program like Florida State."
Charles Kelly, Linebackers/Special Teams Coordinator

Kelly, a former defensive coordinator at three different schools, served as the Yellow Jackets' special teams coordinator in 2006 and 2007. He was instrumental in making Georgia Tech one of the nation's best special teams units in 2007. That group went from 119th in the nation in kick return defense in 2006 to second in 2007. Under Kelly's guidance, punter Durant Brooks and place-kicker Travis Bell each earned first team All-ACC accolades. Brooks earned the prestigious Ray Guy Award in 2007 and recorded the highest career punting average in ACC history.
In Kelly's first year in 2006, Brooks earned second-team All-America and first-team All-ACC honors. With the combination of Brooks and outstanding coverage, Tech ranked second in the nation in net punting. Brooks averaged better than 45 yards per punt, and almost half of his kicks pinned the opponent inside the 20-yard line. Kelly spent the previous four seasons at Nicholls State, an NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) program, which captured the Southland Conference title in 2005.
Under Kelly, who served as defensive backs coach during his first two seasons at Nicholls, the Colonels finished as the top-ranked defense in the Southland Conference in 2005 and 17th nationally among FCS programs. Nicholls led the Southland in total defense and rushing defense, while ranking second in scoring defense.
Kelly was instrumental in developing two-time All-America cornerback Chris Thompson, who was drafted in 2004 by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Kelly went to Nicholls State in 2002 from Eufaula (Ala.) High School, where he served as defensive coordinator and linebackers coach for two seasons. Prior to his move to the high school ranks, the Ozark, Ala., native spent one season (1999) as defensive coordinator at Henderson State and two seasons as defensive coordinator at Jacksonville State. His term as defensive coordinator at Jacksonville State culminated a five-year stay on the JSU staff (1994-98), and he also coordinated the offense and coached the defensive backs, running backs, quarterbacks and receivers over the course of his stay.
Before going to Jacksonville State, Kelly served one year as a graduate a.ssistant at Auburn and was part of the Tigers' 11-0 season in 1993. He spent three seasons as an a.ssistant football coach and baseball coach at Central High School in Phenix City, Ala. (1990-92).
Kelly has coached eight players that have made it to the National Football League, including Brooks, Thompson, Delvin Hugley, Calvin Jackson, Chris Schelling, Dell McGee and most recently, Jahi Word- Daniels and Mario Butler.
A 1990 graduate of Auburn with a degree in secondary math education, Kelly played defensive back under former Tiger coach Pat Dye. His senior class put together a four-year record of 39-7-2 while participating in four bowl games. In 2002, Kelly earned a master's degree in education from Troy State. Kelly and his wife, Kristy, have three daughters, Caroline, Kathleen and Charli Grace.
 4 years ago '11        #52
klutch2381 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 8 8
 Flo State said:
Looks like we dropping VT and traveling to Pitt next year. ACC just announced. Our opponents will be MIA, NC State, Maryland, and Cuse at home and Pitt, BC, Clemson, and Wake on the road.
Wow. Our home schedule is absolute garbage next year, gotta watch all these bum teams.

Still going, though.

4 years ago '05        #53
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio
Former UK OC Randy Sanders has been hired onto the Florida State football staff...wow
 4 years ago '05        #54
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
i hear Sanders sucks but Napier is a great pickup
 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM         #55
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FAMEMOB, Did you play for Randy Sanders?
 01-11-2013, 05:39 PM         #56
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah man, that Napier hire is a good one. He can recruit too. I heard he left Clemson because him and Dabo didn't see eye to eye. I get on my knees and pray everyday and I ask God if he'll give Jimbo the wisdom to give up the play calling....Amen.
 4 years ago '08        #57
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
 TJ7 said:
FAMEMOB, Did you play for Randy Sanders?
Yeah for one season. He's a great position coach, very average Coordinator. He really knows how to coach to strength and hide weaknesses. I think he will be good at FSU because we have very different style of players. Alot of QB coaches, even in the NFL, try to coach every QB the same or to the level of their starter. Coach Sanders really takes his time with each QB making sure they understand how to read a play, read a defense, pocket awareness etc. If he was coming in as a OC I wouldn't like the hire at all, I'd rather have Jimbo call plays any day over Sanders, but if he's coming in to just coach QB's or RB's then I think its a very underrated hire.

Based on these guys resumes though I see Coley moving to QB's, Napier probably coaching to TE's, and Sanders to RB's though

Last edited by F.A.M.E.M.O.B.; 01-11-2013 at 08:50 PM..
 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM         #58
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Yeah for one season. He's a great position coach, very average Coordinator. He really knows how to coach to strength and hide weaknesses. I think he will be good at FSU because we have very different style of players. Alot of QB coaches, even in the NFL, try to coach every QB the same or to the level of their starter. Coach Sanders really takes his time with each QB making sure they understand how to read a play, read a defense, pocket awareness etc. If he was coming in as a OC I wouldn't like the hire at all, I'd rather have Jimbo call plays any day over Sanders, but if he's coming in to just coach QB's or RB's then I think its a very underrated hire.

Based on these guys resumes though I see Coley moving to QB's, Napier probably coaching to TE's, and Sanders to RB's though
Then one thing Jimbo needs to do is make sure he puts the coaches in the right positions to use their strengths and hide their weaknesses. Thanks for the info.
 4 years ago '06        #59
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
 Manofwar9146 said:
Junior u gettin famous on the net son.....my n*ggah
famous on the internet :ohhellnonas:

cornball
 4 years ago '05        #60
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Dildos you be thinkin bout me before you go to sleep at night = off the internet
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy