Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10 months ago '13        #4681
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,501 | Props total: 339 339
USC Improves Its Standing With Rudolph

Rock Hill (S.C.) Northwestern class of 2017 three-star athlete Logan Rudolph took an unofficial visit to South Carolina over the weekend and liked what he saw in Columbia.

“The visit went well,” the 6-foot-2, 225-pound Rudolph said. “I really enjoyed my time there. I really like the new facilities and meeting the new coaching staff.”

While meeting with the Gamecock coaches, they clarified which position Rudolph would play if he chose South Carolina.

“We just watched tape, and they explained my position and responsibilities, and said that they'd love to have me. They are recruiting me as a ‘buck’, which is their outside linebacker/defensive end. I think that is a good position for me and would say this visit improved their standing.”

Rudolph plans to return to Columbia.

"I plan to go back to South Carolina for a spring practice,” he said. “I also plan to visit Florida, Florida State, Tennessee and Georgia.”
 10 months ago '13        #4682
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Trickett Could Pass Brewster For ACC Recruiter Of The Year

Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett has a chance to come from the back of the pack on Signing Day and overtake his own teammate, Tim Brewster, as the ACC's top recruiter. Remember, Trickett was named the ACC Recruiter Of The Year in 2015 as well. An incredible accomplishment for someone that has been admonished by FSU fans on message boards for years for not being able to land top talent.

Heading into the final days of the 2016 class, Trickett has a solid stash of commitments:

4-star Josh Ball
4-Star Baveon Johnson
3-Star Mike Arnold
3-Star Andrew Boselli

Trickett is currently ranked as the 15th best in the ACC in the 247Sports Recruiter Rankings. However, he's lined himself up for a star-studded finish.

Trickett's remaining targets include:

5-Star OL Landon d!ckerson
4-Star CB Carlos Becker
4-Star OL Jauan Williams

Tim Brewster sits atop the ACC rankings with four commitments:

4-Star QB Malik Henry
4-Star TE Naseir Upshur
4-Star DB Jamel Cook
3-Star LB Emmett Rice

Brewster's issue is what he has remaining. Only one prospect is currently in play for Brewster:

4-Star LB Dontavious Jackson

================================================== ==

Based on the info we have and where we've projected the final recruits, it looks likely that Trickett has a very good chance to close on all three of his targets while Brewster is in a tough battle with Texas over Jackson.

Could Rick Trickett win back-to-back ACC Recruiter Of The Year titles?

We’ll know shortly.
 10 months ago '13        #4683
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Scheduled: When Do FSU Targets Announce

Here is a rundown of when Florida State commitments and targets are set to announce their final decisions:

Tuesday

Evening - LB Emmett Rice - FSU (committed), Louisville, West Virginia

TBD - S Clifford Chattman - FSU (commit), Texas A&M

Wednesday

7 a.m. - OT Jauan Williams - FSU, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

9:10 a.m. - CB Trayvon Mullen - Clemson, FSU, Louisville, LSU

9:30 a.m. - CB Carlos Becker - FSU, Ohio State

10 a.m. - DE Jonathan Kongbo - Florida State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, USC

10:45 a.m. - LB Dontavious Jackson - Alabama, Florida State, Texas

12:30 p.m. - OG Landon d!ckerson - Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Tennessee

12:30 p.m. - DT Shavar Manuel - Florida (commit), Florida State

2:15 p.m. - DE Terrell Hall - Alabama, Florida State, Maryland, Ole Miss

Other announcements – Time TBD

DE Brian Burns - Florida, Florida State, Georgia

DT Stephon Taylor - Florida State, South Carolina, Texas

S Jamel Cook - FSU (commit), USC
 10 months ago '13        #4684
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers 2017 Peach State Athlete

Florida State has offered Brunswick (Ga.) Glynn Academy junior athlete Deejay Dallas.

Dallas is a former Georgia pledge. The 6-foot, 175-pound prospect is likely to be a defensive back at the next level.

He has 15 offers now.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Dallas as the No. 174 prospect in the nation and No. 17 athlete for the 2017 class.
 10 months ago '13        #4685
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Recruiting Scoop:

Enjoy it. This could be the final Recruiting Scoop of the 2016 class:

— Yesterday I Crystal Ball’d Florida commitment Shavar Manuel to Florida State. That was prior the the cryptic interview he gave me later that evening saying his mind has been made up “for a while”.

I still feel confident in my Crystal Ball pick.

The one thing you can take away from the interview is that he had a great visit to Florida State, on multiple levels. For much of his time on campus he was surrounded by commits like Levonta Taylor, Naseir Upshur, Janarius Robinson. Manuel bonded with the other uncommitted prospects on campus as well. Jonathan Kongbo, Brian Burns and Manuel were together for nearly the entire visit. Something the FSU staff did on purpose.

Signing Day is only two days away. After it’s all over I’ll explain what’s been going on on my end to make me feel this confident.

— The Crystal Ball shift on defensive end Brian Burns is a good indication of where this recruitment is headed. It’s all Florida State at this point. It seems as if Florida is waving the white flag on this one. I don’t believe UGA is going to be able to make up enough ground over the next two days to become a real threat either.

While on the visit Burns family was decked out in FSU gear. Each day of the visit they broke out new ‘Nole clothing. Either they’re investing in their future wardrobe or they rented those FSU hats and shirts for the weekend. I’m guessing it’s not the latter.

— It’s tough to get a read on JUCO DE Jonathan Kongbo. I’m leaning toward Ole Miss on this one. Chris Nee feels it’ll be Tennessee and sources around FSU tell me it’s USC.

What do I take from that? I don’t think it’s Florida State.

— The Trayvon Mullen recruitment is getting crazy. I have a feeling there is a staff or two that is not getting the whole truth right now.

LSU feels real good. His mom would like him to stay instate and go to FSU and as of this morning sources involved in his recruitment to FSU feel it’s going to be Clemson. Yep.

I personally think it’s LSU or Clemson. I’m looking forward to Signing Day so I can see which staff has been getting the truth and which got the run-around.

— On Saturday night, while on his official visit to Ole Miss, cornerback Carlos Becker posted on Instagram that he’s down to a top two - Florida State and Ohio State. Chris and I have both been confident that FSU lands Becker on Wednesday. No change to that, still feel it’s FSU.

— Texas did a great job getting linebacker Dontavous Jackson[b] on a two-night unofficial visit this weekend. On Sunday, Jackson was joined by his mother and high school teammate [b]Chris Brown. I’ve Crystal Ball’d Brown to Texas.

Confidence remains high on both sides of this battle between FSU and UT. As far as my Crystal Ball pick on Jackson? I’m not ready to change it. I like FSU’s chances here.

— FSU safety commitment Clifford Chattman took a visit to Texas A&M this weekend and stated that his decision is “up in the air”. I’m told FSU isn’t looking to push Chattman out of the class, but if he wants to sign with FSU, he better play his cards right.

— This weekend defensive tackle Stephon Taylor took an official visit to South Carolina. Sources on both the Texas and FSU side do not believe South Carolina is a factor. At this point I’d give the slight edge to Texas, but I feel FSU still has a real shot to land him on Signing Day.

— Florida State safety Jamel Cook has been committed to FSU for about a year now. Which should give FSU some confidence in landing him, but we all know Cook’s recruitment will go down to the final hour. Right now USC looking for a flip by taking both cook and Pie Young. As we’ve stated several times Young is not a take for FSU and if Cook wants to go to California with his friend, FSU is not going to flinch.

I don’t believe one visit to USC is going to be enough to convince Cook to flip on Signing Day. I think he signs with the ‘Noles, but as we’ve seen with Cook, nothing is ever guaranteed.

— Offensive tackle Jauan Williams is coming off of an official visit to UGA. I’m told it was a great visit and the Dawgs gave Williams something to think about. I’m still confident in my Crystal Ball pick of FSU. However, I do think the Dawgs are the team to watch if anyone else is going to swipe him away from FSU.

— All signs point to offensive guard Landon d!ckerson signing with Florida State.

— A source tells me linebacker Emmett Rice should end up at Florida State, “as long as they (FSU) want him”. If something went sideways late, I would think it’s West Virginia for Rice. That being said, I expect him to be in FSU’s class.
 10 months ago '13        #4686
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Seminoles or Bulldogs For Williams

Offensive tackle Jauan Williams (Washington, D.C./Archbishop Carroll) said he's down to Florida State and Georgia and will still announce and sign at a TV studio in the nation's capitol Wednesday morning at 7 a.m. EST.

The Crystal Ball reads 67-percent for Florida State, 19-percent for Maryland and 14-percent for Alabama.

Williams officially visited Georgia this past weekend.

"I really like their facilities, coach (Kirby) Smart and the offensive line coach (Sam Pittman)," Williams said. "Coach Smart wants me to come in and start right away. He said they have a need for a top athlete. I like what they are building facility wise. They have a lot of great stuff."

Williams said "the food, facilities and great people" were the highlights of his Georgia official visit.

Williams listed Florida State as his outright leader in January.

"They've been consistent with me," Williams said. "(Seminoles Offensive Line) coach (Rick) Trickett does a great job of developing his players. I'm comfortable with them and they've been with me the whole time."

Williams said he hasn't let the head coach of either program know his intentions or decision either way but plans to Tuesday night.

"Everybody is still waiting," Williams said.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 15 offensive tackle and the No. 3 prospect in the District of Columbia in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '14        #4687
Primetime24 
space
space
space
$32 | Props total: 6 6
Somebody tell me why everybody thinks we will get d!ckerson.One of the vol commits with him this weekend said there is 95% chance he signs with Tennessee.He said it was his best visit.Its close to his home.Family connect with vols.I just really hope the sources are right about it being FSU
 10 months ago '13        #4688
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Primetime24 said:
Somebody tell me why everybody thinks we will get d!ckerson.One of the vol commits with him this weekend said there is 95% chance he signs with Tennessee.He said it was his best visit.Its close to his home.Family connect with vols.I just really hope the sources are right about it being FSU
Reason why everyone thinks we will get him is because: 1). We are one of the teams that has recruited him the longest. 2) Trickett and him get along really well, communicate very often and he feels not only do they have a great relationship, they understand each other and are a lot alike. 3) His family likes FSU and the staff a lot (just as much as Tennessee). 4) He has a great chance with his attributes and skill set to come in and start day one especially at OG at FSU and that intrigues him along with the factors above. 5) Kid wants to play for titles and be developed into a pro and feels FSU is a place and probably the best place to do both
 10 months ago '14        #4689
Primetime24 
space
space
space
 Semeautomatic said:
Reason why everyone thinks we will get him is because: 1). We are one of the teams that has recruited him the longest. 2) Trickett and him get along really well, communicate very often and he feels not only do they have a great relationship, they understand each other and are a lot alike. 3) His family likes FSU and the staff a lot (just as much as Tennessee). 4) He has a great chance with his attributes and skill set to come in and start day one especially at OG at FSU and that intrigues him along with the factors above. 5) Kid wants to play for titles and be developed into a pro and feels FSU is a place and probably the best place to do both
Thanks for making feel better bout it..lol.Hope we land half of these guys and it will be great class.Most Wanted for me is Burns.One I dont care about getting or keeping is cook.How bout u
 10 months ago '13        #4690
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Primetime24 said:
Thanks for making feel better bout it..lol.Hope we land half of these guys and it will be great class.Most Wanted for me is Burns.One I dont care about getting or keeping is cook.How bout u
Most important has to be either Burns or Jackson. I don't see us getting Kongbo, although he could come in and possibly start for us or get heavy playing time if he jumped on board. Honestly I think we need to land d!ckerson or Williams. The line was atrocious at times last year and I think both could come and solidify the line. I think landing either Becker or Mullen is essential as well cause we just lost Ramsey and after this year we are looking White, Andrews, ol' boy (can't remember his name cause he's never stayed healthy to play at RB or DB), and several others. I know we got Lewis, McFadden and others who came in last yr and the ones this year but we need to have people who are already in the system that will have experience to make up for those missing spots the next two years. If we don't, next yr is loaded with top DBS that we are on like Shaun Wade from Trinity that might flip from Ohio State, Jaymyest Williams from GA, which is a beast is all facets of the game (reminds me of Greg Reid), and various others.
 10 months ago '11        #4691
kushkulture420 38 heat pts38
space
space
$2,023 | Props total: 615 615
 Semeautomatic said:
Most important has to be either Burns or Jackson. I don't see us getting Kongbo, although he could come in and possibly start for us or get heavy playing time if he jumped on board. Honestly I think we need to land d!ckerson or Williams. The line was atrocious at times last year and I think both could come and solidify the line. I think landing either Becker or Mullen is essential as well cause we just lost Ramsey and after this year we are looking White, Andrews, ol' boy (can't remember his name cause he's never stayed healthy to play at RB or DB), and several others. I know we got Lewis, McFadden and others who came in last yr and the ones this year but we need to have people who are already in the system that will have experience to make up for those missing spots the next two years. If we don't, next yr is loaded with top DBS that we are on like Shaun Wade from Trinity that might flip from Ohio State, Jaymyest Williams from GA, which is a beast is all facets of the game (reminds me of Greg Reid), and various others.
I thought we were all set with the DB's? Well at least at corner we should be. We're replacing Jalen with #1 CB Levonte Taylor?
 10 months ago '13        #4692
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 kushkulture420 said:
I thought we were all set with the DB's? Well at least at corner we should be. We're replacing Jalen with #1 CB Levonte Taylor?
We are set for this year but upcoming years after we are about to lose a lot of DB's. A lot of our DB's are upperclassmen. So, it's time to start recruiting to replace then when they are leaving due to end of their eligibility or the go to the draft. I think in the last 3 classes we only bought in 7-8 DBS if that. But we are about to lose that between this year and next. So you gotta replace what we losing at some point. If we don't get them this year, we have to next year for sure. But next years class had better DBS than this year hands down. Yes we are replacing Jalen with Levonta & Kyle Meyers and possibly Booker and/or Mullen. But, Levonta is gonna play star where Javien & Trey played this yr. The safeties are gonna be Trey & Derwin with Nate mixed in (Nate is more of Money position (hybrid LB) player then a true safety) & Marques and whomever else on the outside (possibly Tavares McFadden or one of the young bucks we bringing in).

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 02-01-2016 at 09:39 PM..
 10 months ago '11        #4693
kushkulture420 38 heat pts38
space
space
$2,023 | Props total: 615 615
 Semeautomatic said:
We are set for this year but upcoming years after we are about to lose a lot of DB's. A lot of our DB's are upperclassmen. So, it's time to start recruiting to replace then when they are leaving due to end of their eligibility or the go to the draft. I think in the last 3 classes we only bought in 7-8 DBS if that. But we are about to lose that between this year and next. So you gotta replace what we losing at some point. If we don't get them this year, we have to next year for sure. But next years class had better DBS than this year hands down. Yes we are replacing Jalen with Levonta & Kyle Meyers and possibly Booker and/or Mullen. But, Levonta is gonna play star where Javien & Trey played this yr. The safeties are gonna be Trey & Derwin with Nate mixed in (Nate is more of Money position (hybrid LB) player then a true safety) & Marques and whomever else on the outside (possibly Tavares McFadden or one of the young bucks we bringing in).

oh ok cool cool. yeah we constantly losing DBs to the NFL. People sleeping on our secondary game. Charles keeps them ace DBs coming in though starting to make it a true legacy position now
 10 months ago '14        #4694
Primetime24 
space
space
space
 Semeautomatic said:
Yea Burns cause he is good and keeps him from uf.Baveon Johnson is one of best OL Ive seen us get.Put J.Will or LD with him and the others would b really great OL class.I would really like Becker.I think he is under rated.I dont think we get Jackson but Im not worried like most fans about gettin another LB.Anymore u only have 1 or 2 on field anyway.Whats your final class predictions.Mine is we get Becker and J.Williams.I think we have bout 50% chance of losing Cook or Rice.Im just worried people are gonna think we get 5-7 players on signing day and it wont happen and they will act like the class is awful when its not.
 10 months ago '13        #4695
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Vols Barnett Talks With JUCO DE Kongbo

Four-star defensive end Jonathan Kongbo of Arizona Western College in Yuma, Ariz., one of Tennessee's top remaining targets in the 2016 class, apparently talked Monday with one of the Vols' current players.

Derek Barnett, Tennessee's All-SEC rising junior defensive end, posted on his Twitter account Monday night that he had a "great talk" with Kongbo, a former Vols commitment who's ranked the nation's No. 1 junior-college prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

The 6-foot-5.5, 264-pound Kongbo, who transferred from Wyoming to Arizona Western last year, is expected to choose between Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida State and USC on National Signing Day, which is Wednesday.

Kongbo committed to Tennessee in late November during his official visit with the Vols before reopening his recruitment on Jan. 5. He also took official visits to Ole Miss in October, Oregon State in early December and USC in January, and he most recently visited Florida State last weekend.

Barnett recorded a team-high 10 sacks during his sophomore season on the way to earning second-team All-SEC honors from the a.ssociated Press and the league's coaches.

Great talk with @King_Kongbo Good luck Wednesday bro!
 10 months ago '13        #4696
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Primetime24 said:
Yea Burns cause he is good and keeps him from uf.Baveon Johnson is one of best OL Ive seen us get.Put J.Will or LD with him and the others would b really great OL class.I would really like Becker.I think he is under rated.I dont think we get Jackson but Im not worried like most fans about gettin another LB.Anymore u only have 1 or 2 on field anyway.Whats your final class predictions.Mine is we get Becker and J.Williams.I think we have bout 50% chance of losing Cook or Rice.Im just worried people are gonna think we get 5-7 players on signing day and it wont happen and they will act like the class is awful when its not.
My Final Class Predictions (based on all the information I have at this point): Hold onto Chattman, Cook, Rice & Rasul. Add Williams, Becker, Burns & d!ckerson. Although I have hope Jackson comes and all intel from various sources says they are hearing FSU, I'm just skeptical cause every year we hear we gonna land the big out of state recruit, I think him & Taylor end up at Texas. Manuel probably sticks with UF although I can easily see him coming to FSU cause he has the tendency commit to the last place he visits. Kongbo back to UT or USC, but watch for Ole Miss as the dark horse cause Freese flew all the way to Vancouver to meet with his dad and that has a big impact on his recruitment. Mullen to LSU or Clemson. Additional picks: Myersx2 to Auburn where they both will realize the mistake they made after Malzahn gets canned this yr. Burton to USC to join all the Serra teammates. Pie to Louisville.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 02-02-2016 at 08:15 AM..
 10 months ago '11        #4697
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,358 | Props total: 149 149
Shavar got a nole heavy family. If Shavar comes here its because of his family
 10 months ago '13        #4698
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 mester said:
Shavar got a nole heavy family. If Shavar comes here its because of his family
We could use him if he comes in. Honestly I like him at DT better than DE, which FSU plans to use him in their system. At this point we should take everyone that wants to jump on board with us. If we could land everyone that's on our board left, I would take them all or find room to fit them in and get rid of the dead weight that's not doing anything or making progress. Honestly I don't see either Consentino and/ or Maguire sticking around. So that might open up an extra spot and I can see them Medically DQ'n Ryan Green or players like him and pushing out guys that haven't panned out like Keith Bryant, etc. But Jimbo won't do it cause he's actually the one coach and we are one of the few programs that honor our scholarships for four years.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 02-02-2016 at 10:43 AM..
 10 months ago '13        #4699
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Will Top247 DT Manuel Sign With UF

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy defensive tackle Shavar Manuel, a current Florida commit, took an official visit to Florida State this past weekend. There has plenty of buzz surrounding the 6-foot-3, 300-pounder’s recruitment as many wonder if he will flip his pledge to the Seminoles on National Signing Day.

Where does Manuel currently stand with his commitment to the Gators?

“Right now, it’s pretty solid, but I just took that last visit because it was an opportunity,” Manuel answered. “But, that’s that with that.

“Like I said, I’m pretty solid right now at this moment, and as of right now I will sign with Florida.”

Manuel spoke on the phone with Florida defensive line coach Chris Rumph on Sunday and Monday. The talented defensive linemen wouldn’t give many details on that conversation.

“It was a good conversation, strictly business you know, just moving on to the future.”

The trip to Tallahassee was one that Manuel enjoyed over the weekend. However, did he enjoy it so much he considered flipping his commitment?

“Just a little bit while I was up there, but right now I’m pretty solid.”

He went on to give his thoughts on why FSU has been in his top two for so long.

“You know Coach Brad Lawing is good at his work, coaching the defensive line and defensive ends,” Manuel said. “There’s no other way but to become a better football player if he was my coach. They got all around players at Florida State and a good program as well.”

Manuel added why he currently plans to stick with the Gators.

“As of right now, I feel I fit in with the all around school and on the field as well. I’m going to be around a great coaching staff.”

Florida fans will still sweat this one out until until his National Letter of Intent lands in Gainesville.

“I’m signing Wednesday. I’m signing at my house, whatever happens happens.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Manuel as the nation’s No. 67 overall prospect in the 2016 class.
 10 months ago '15        #4700
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 1054 1054
Manuel keeps saying as of right now. Sound like he's carefully trying to avoid lying by speaking a 1/2 truth.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago