Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
NFL Derek Wolfe: "If you don’t think America is greatest country, why do you s..
473 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This sh-t feels like Teenage Fever
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 'Who Shot Biggie & Tupac' on FoX Right NOW!!!!! *******NEW INFO RE..
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Stevie J's latest 𝔅uild-Ǻ-Bit©h
7 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '13        #4621
Semeautomatic 
space
space
$5,709 | Props total: 1813 1813
 Milk Bone said:
Great minds think alike. I'm happy because it seems like what I considered the dead weight of the class is already gone. Signing nothing but studs. I'm just waiting for that out of nowhere signee that Jimbo seems to pull in every year.
I think that one is gonna be Shavar Manuel this yr. But knowing Jimbo he always has one we weren't ever thinking about waiting in the wings.
 2 years ago '13        #4622
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Craig-Myers to Auburn! Too bad he don't have a QB to get him the ball & Malzahn will be fired by the end of the yr Should've became a Nole!

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 02-03-2016 at 09:21 AM..
 2 years ago '15        #4623
Milk Bone 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,038 | Props total: 1565 1565
Manuel just chose FSU!
 2 years ago '13        #4624
Semeautomatic 
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
Manuel just chose FSU!
Nice Flip! Moving up the rankings!
 2 years ago '13        #4625
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Just landed d!ckerson! BOOM!
 2 years ago '13        #4626
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Thank God! He's going to Michigan! We don't have to worry about him for the next 3 years!
 2 years ago '15        #4627
Milk Bone 22 heat pts22
space
space
I had to let out a sigh of relief as well. That dude is a problem. Noles don't need that in their life. Good job Michigan.
 2 years ago '13        #4628
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Kongo to Tennessee! Well as of rite now we are gonna finish between #1-3 with our recruiting class. And everyone was in a tizzy not too long ago. This shows why we shouldn't worry when we got Jimbo and Brew. BTW, we gotta get Brew a raise. Probably the best recruiter in the nation and Trickett k!lled it this year on the trail. Lawing pulled in a lot of recruits as well with Coach Kelly, Haggins & Miller on the a.ssist or major recruiter on a lot players.
 2 years ago '15        #4629
Milk Bone 22 heat pts22
space
space
Just finished watching K Joyner highlights. That dude violent af. He doesn't tackle, he plants mf's like seeds. The future is bright. The O-line should improve drastically in the next couple of yrs. RB's will have holes to run through & the QB will have time to throw. I like what FSU picked on D as well. I would've like at least 1 safety but 2017 safeties look more impressive. Noles need to get some top DT's in 2017 as well. Even though the schedule w/b tougher this up coming season I think FSU will look much sharper & the game play will do the recruiting. Not saying FSU gets the natty but I can see a top 10 finish. Possibly a top 5 finish depending on health & how well this next squad gels. This class besides WR will make some of the lazy ones work if they want to play. G & G all day!
 2 years ago '13        #4630
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Cook Flips From Noles To Trojans

Miami (Fla.) Central four-star athlete/safety Jamel Cook committed to Florida State in February of 2015. He was a long-time pledge, up until National Signing Day in February 2016 when he flipped to USC.

Cook officially visited USC this past weekend.

Cook is ranked No. 94 overall and as the No. 2 athlete in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 2 years ago '13        #4631
Semeautomatic 
space
space
DT Shavar Manuel Decommits From UF

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive tackle Shavar Manuel decommits from Florida hours before he is set to sign a National Letter of Intent. Florida State has made a late push for the 6-foot-3, 300-pound prospect after he visited Tallahassee this past weekend.

Manuel picked the Gators over the Seminoles early in January. It appears a flip to the Seminoles is in the works.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Manuel as the nation's No. 67 overall prospect in the 2016 class.
 2 years ago '13        #4632
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Shavar Manuel Decommits From UF, FSU Trending

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive lineman Shavar Manuel announced on Twitter that he is no longer committed to the Florida Gators.

Manuel has said that he'll choose between either Florida or Florida State on Signing Day. He announces his decision from his home in Tampa around 12:30 p.m. today.

The Florida State Crystal Ball predictions for Manuel are starting to pour in.

Manuel is a four-star prospect, the No.9 ranked defensive tackle and the 67th best player overall.
 2 years ago '13        #4633
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Carlos Becker Chooses FSU over Ohio State

Florida State bulked up their secondary on National Signing Day with the addition of Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola four-star cornerback Carlos Becker.

Becker announced for the Seminoles at his school in a televised announcement. He chose the Seminoles over Ohio State and others.

Carlos Becker chooses FSU over Ohio State. (The 3rd hat is jokingly Valencia CC) @orlandosports #NSD2016 pic.twitter.com/ymBZDqlrGv

The Seminoles' efforts in landing Becker were spearheaded by area recruiter Rick Trickett as well as defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach Charles Kelly.

Becker joins a talented group in the secondary which includes five-star cornerback Levonta Taylor, the nation's top defensive back, and four-star cornerback Kyle Meyers.

The 247sports.com Composite ranks Becker as the No. 153 prospect in the nation and No. 15 cornerback.
 2 years ago '13        #4634
Semeautomatic 
space
space
FSU Adds To OL Haul With Williams

Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll four-star offensive tackle Jauan Williams announced his decision to sign with Florida State during an on-air broadcast on CBS Sports on Wednesday morning.

He informed Noles247.com on Tuesday evening of his final choice.

“I am going to Florida State,” Williams said. “Because of Coach Trickett and Coach Fisher. They are great.

“I knew (Monday),” Williams said on Tuesday evening.

Those two coaches, who made their last in-home visit with Williams on last Thursday, were crucial for Williams. Also, the stability of the FSU coaching staff played a role.

“Coach Trickett and Coach Jimbo have been constant with me,” Williams said. “They have a plan for me. They have worked with me. Everybody else has been switching and they have been the same the whole time.”

He adds to a deep and talented offensive line class that includes the nation’s No. 1 center Baveon Johnson, fellow four-star offensive tackle Josh Ball, and talented three-star interior lineman Andrew Boselli. The Seminoles are also in the running for another top lineman, Landon d!ckerson, who is set to announce later today.

Williams will help provide depth for the Seminoles at offensive tackle.

“They plan to use me as an offensive tackle,” Williams said. “Coach Trickett has just told me he is excited to work with me.”

He is glad to have his choice made and be able to turn his attention to the college level.

“The recruiting process has been long, but now that I am signed and committed, that is the best part about it,” Williams said

Williams chose the Seminoles over Georgia and LSU, among others.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks him No. 164 overall and as the No. 15 offensive tackle.
 2 years ago '13        #4635
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Brewster Pulls Jackson Out Of Texas

Florida State added an important piece to their linebacking corp today with the addition of Houston (TX) Alief Elsik four-star linebacker Dontavious Jackson.

Jackson announced his pledge to the Seminoles live on ESPNU at 10:45 a.m. He chose FSU over Texas.

"The school I will be attending is Florida State University," Jackson announced to a crowd at his school's gymnasium. "The coaching staff makes you feel really comfortable to come in and make an impact. This class we're bringing in is great and big things are coming for Florida State."

The lead recruiter on Jackson has been recruiting coordinator Tim Brewster as well as Bill Miller and Charles Kelly.

"It feels good. It feels like a big load off my shoulders. The process is done and now it's time to get to work," he said.

Coming into 2016 inside linebacker was a major need for the ‘Noles and Jackson will fill that void. Jackson is considered a ‘thumper’ in the middle with excellent size and speed.

The 247Sports Composite ranks Jackson as the No.4 middle linebacker and No.90 overall.
 2 years ago '13        #4636
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Jimbo Fisher Talks 2016 Recruiting Class On ESPN

Florida State football coach Jimbo Fisher was on ESPN's National Signing Day special on Wednesday morning and gave a few thoughts about the Seminoles 2016 signing class.

Fisher was interviewed just after four-star cornerback Carlos Becker chose FSU over Ohio State. He was asked about the impact late decisions have on the process.

"It makes for an interesting day," Fisher said. "Some guys are waiting on other guys to make decisions, and it's a constant up-and-down."

Despite the uncertainty, Fisher said Signing Day is still an exciting day for everyone.

"You still get that certain feeling in your stomach, just like when you are going out to a game because you never know until it happens," Fisher said. "Sometimes you have a two-, three-, and even four-year relationship with these kids and you're waiting for that final moment. You think you have all the "i"s dotted and the "t"s crossed, but you still - until it comes out of their mouth and they sign that paper you still have those nerves and those jitters. That's what makes it fun."

"This class - hopefully - if it comes out the way we think, we'll have every position represented and represented very well."

Shortly after Fisher's interview, Dontavious Jackson pulled the trigger for FSU as well.
 2 years ago '13        #4637
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Shavar Manuel Flips From UF To FSU

Tampa (Fla.) four-star defensive lineman Shavar Manuel has flipped his commitment from Florida to Florida State. At 6-foot-4 and 280-pounds, Manuel is one of the best defensive lineman in the state.

Shavar Manuel makes it official and signs with Florida State pic.twitter.com/xVF5RDbnEJ

“It’s been a long journey but through the whole process, there’s just been something about Tallahassee that’s been in my heart. Florida State is the best fit for me, on and off the field,” Manuel told Noles247.

“I appreciate all the schools that recognize my talents, but there was just something about FSU, on this last official visit, I just felt like I fit in perfectly.”

Manuel committed to the Gators back on January 5th.

Despite his verbal pledge to the Gators, FSU was able to get him on campus for an official visit the weekend before Signing Day. That visit proved to be the deciding factor in Manuel’s late flip.

“I told Jimbo on Sunday on the visit (of his intention to attend FSU). I was talking to coach Jimbo pretty much all weekend and I knew FSU would provide a great opportunity for me. It’s on me, but there’s a great opportunity for me.

“We really connected during the weekend,” Manuel added. “It was good to see that the love was still there and everything. Jimbo is a great man that has a good football program that’s getting better and better.”

The decision to switch his commitment wasn’t an easy one. Manuel said he had great relationships with all the coaches in his recruitment.

“I loved coach (Chris) Rumph at Florida, but I just have a phenomenal relationship with coach (Brad) Lawing and coach (Lawrence) Dawsey at FSU.”

Manuel’s focus is to finish the school year out on a high note and enroll at FSU this summer. He’s eager to join his friends who are already at FSU.

“I see myself fitting in just fine. I know a bunch of the guys already like Deondre Francois, George Campbell, Jacques Patrick, Ricky Aguayo - I go back with a bunch of these guys,” he said.

After announcing for the Seminoles, Manuel had a message for FSU fans.

“Go ‘Noles and let’s get it!”
 2 years ago '13        #4638
Semeautomatic 
space
space
FSU Lands Five Star Offensive Lineman

Hudson (N.C.) South Caldwell offensive lineman Landon d!ckerson announced for Florida State on Wednesday afternoon during a ceremony televised by ESPNU.

d!ckerson informed 247Sports.com of his intentions on the front end Tuesday.

“I chose FSU because of the coaching staff, the university itself and the football program,” d!ckerson said.

d!ckerson said he gave Florida State his word Thursday night during an in-home visit.

“I’ve never seen an old man jump up in the air so fast like I did when I told (Seminoles Offensive Line) coach (Rick) Trickett I was coming,” d!ckerson said. “It was like I gave him a big present.”

The Florida State coaching staff won over the lineman, who was recently ranked as a five-star prospect by 247Sports.com.

“More than anything else,” d!ckerson said. “Coach (Jimbo) Fisher and Coach Trickett were the biggest appeal to me.”

d!ckerson said he chose the Seminoles over three SEC programs.

He said Tennessee finished second with Auburn and Alabama tied for third.

“It was a hard decision for me between FSU and Tennessee,” d!ckerson said. “The FSU staff, in the end, had me pick the Seminoles. Tennessee would’ve been my pick six months ago. If Alabama recruited me like they did the last two weeks the whole time I’m positive I would’ve chosen them.”

d!ckson caps off a phenomenal offensive line class for the Seminoles. He joins four-star offensive tackles Jauan Williams and Josh Ball, three-star interior lineman Andrew Boselli and four-star, nation's No. 1 center Baveon Johnson, as a signees with the Seminoles.

d!ckerson is ranked as the nation’s No. 4 offensive tackle and the No. 2 prospect in North Carolina in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings. While 247Sports.com views him as a five-star prospect, the industry ranks him as a four-star according to the Composite Rankings.
 2 years ago '13        #4639
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Notes: Fisher On 2016 Class

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher loves to talk about recruiting as a relationship business. And National Signing Day 2016 was a good example.

“Very happy with the group we’ve got,” Fisher said. “Very proud of our coaches. I think our coaches did an outstanding job building these relationships. A lot of these relationships were two-, three- and four-year relationships. Spent a lot of time, a lot of hard-fought battles.”

Fisher said this staff was unusual in that the 25-person class includes signees from 10 states. He feels that FSU met needs, something that nearly every coach will mention on this day, but the staff landed the No. 2 class in the 247Sports.com Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

“We needed things across the board. We needed depth across the offensive line, we needed depth at linebacker. We wanted some front guys (offensive line). Needed corners in this class for sure, got that. We didn’t need a lot of receivers but we wanted a difference-maker. Got that, we feel. The (running) back is a difference-maker; great quarterback, we felt. Tight end. … I thought we met our needs.”

Fisher praised the a.ssistant coaches, support staff and current players for how they collaborated in the recruiting effort. He emphasized FSU’s a.ssistant coaches scour their a.ssigned areas for the best players and not just those that meet the needs of the position that they coach.

“We don’t recruit by position,” Fisher said. “A position coach gets involved but the area coach where that kid is from is the main recruiter in that deal. Now you bring in the position coach, now you bring in the coordinator, now you bring in the head coach. … If you can't recruit another position as a coach, probably shouldn’t be in this game.

“At the same time when you put all those into it, they say it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a staff to recruit a player because its not just one guy doing it. The whole staff recruits a player. Everybody is involved in that.”

Strength on the line: FSU’s day was made with the decisions of offensive and defensive linemen. Defensive tackle Shavar Manuel earned the most attention because of his signing day flip, FSU’s day was made by landing massive offensive linemen Josh Ball, Landon d!ckerson, Jauan Williams.

“When you got a chance to get those guys, you better jump all over them because high quality offensive and defensive linemen are hard to find,” Fisher said. “You take as many as you can get because of injuries and sometimes they just aren’t there.”

The additions of Ball and d!ckerson, along with early enrollee Andrew Boselli and verbal commitments Mike Arnold and Baveon Johnson, form what is likely Fisher’s best offensive line class.

Manuel's flip: Manuel drew the interest of fan bases of FSU and Florida on Wednesday with his decommitment from the Gators at 9:40 a.m. and then the signing with FSU at lunchtime. Fisher said he and the staff continued to recruit Manuel despite the four-star defensive tackle’s January commitment to Florida.

“I didn’t know why he flipped to Florida,” Fisher said. “We called and said, ‘Hey, is this thing over?’ He said, ‘No, coach, I want you to keep recruiting me.’ So we just kept recruiting him normally and he ended up flipping over. It was no magic formula, it was just relationships and sometimes guys commit to other places and flip back.”

Taylor continues FSU’s success at DB: Fisher feels that Taylor is among the best defensive backs that he has signed in his time at FSU.

“His skill set is very unique,” Fisher said. “He’s not a big guy, but you wouldn’t know it. He plays with a tremendous amount of instinct and wisdom. And a toughness and tenacity when you watch him play. And then he’s a great return guy. Great confidence, which I think is very important when you play out on the edge like that.”

Taylor was also one of the best recruiters out of the signing class.

“When he gets done, we’ll have to give him a job," Fisher said. "Why I think guys gravitate to him, the see his passion to play and then they see him play and how skilled he is. You see his passion to play, and then you say, ‘You know what, I want to play with that guy.’ “

Henry in the mix: Fisher has redshirted every quarterback who he has signed since he became the head coach, a group that includes Clint Trickett, EJ Manuel, Jameis Winston, Jacob Coker, John Franklin, JJ Cosentino and Deondre Francois.

Malik Henry is a little different from the group in that he is enrolling early. And Fisher feels that Henry is in the mix for the starting job.

“He has a tremendous chance,” Fisher said. “It’s why he’s here.”
 2 years ago '13        #4640
Semeautomatic 
space
space
2016 NSD Winners: Alabama, Michigan, USC Lead The Way

There was a lot of celebrating Wednesday inside football facilities across the country as many of the nation’s top programs added that last piece or two to its 2016 recruiting class.

But this story is about who had the most to celebrate regarding commitments on National Signing Day?

Doubtful a school could be found that was happier than the Crimson Tide and the Wolverines.

Opening the morning at No. 6 in the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings, Alabama closed out the nation’s No. 1 haul in impressive style hearing its number called eight different times.

Just as ecstatic, Michigan’s four new commits included the country’s No. 1 recruit Rashan Gary. The Wolverines close at No. 5.

The two most noteworthy movers were the Trojans and Longhorns. USC started the day No. 21 but hit on six prospects including five-star Jack Jones to climb to No. 8. Texas began at No. 25 added seven more commits to climb all the way up to No. 11.

Florida State, Auburn, Clemson and Tennessee also had plenty to be happy about.

Let’s highlight the day.

• Alabama finishing No. 1 was expected. Most of their top targets wait till the final day and the Crimson Tide went into the majority of the announcements considered the heavy favorite. That certainly doesn’t mean it wasn’t fun to watch five-star linebackers Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson commit, or Top100 defensive end Terrell Hall finally join the fold. There was the flip of defensive back Aaron Robinson from Florida and there was also Top100 cornerback Shyheim Carter who got the festivities rolling. Top247 defensive back Jared Mayden committed, as did JUCO defensive lineman Jamar King, as Alabama finishes with 24 commits, which includes three five-stars and 14 four-stars.

• Michigan found out right before Gary announced that he was coming to Ann Arbor. The Wolverines staff had to sweat out a late run from Clemson but it ended up being a perfect signing day for the Maize and Blue. In addition to Gary’s verbal, Top100 cornerback Lavert Hill finally committed, so did the country’s No. 3 tight end Devin Asiasi and the No. 1 kicker in the country. Top247 receiver Nate Johnson also solidified his verbal with Michigan. The largest class in the Top10, 29 commits, the Wolverines check in at No. 5 highlighted by Gary and 14 more four-stars.

• USC typically closes strong but they typically do it with in-state targets. This National Signing Day Jones was the only California kid to jump in. Top247 offensive tackle E.J. Price chose the Trojans over in-state Georgia, Top100 athlete Jamel Cook flipped from in-state Florida State, receiver/athlete Keyshawn Young is another from the Sunshine State, Top247 defensive end Connor Murphy hails from Arizona and the No. 1 recruit out of Hawaii in Top247 running back Vavae Malepeai began the day as an Oregon verbal.

• Similar to Alabama, a big Texas day was expected. The nation’s No. 1 safety Brandon Jones was the big recruiting win in beating out the long-time favorite Texas A&M. Top100 linebacker Jeffrey McCulloch, Top100 defensive tackle Jordan Elliott, Top247 defensive tackle Chris Daniels, Top247 defensive end/outside linebacker Erick Fowler (flipped from LSU), safety Chris Brown and defensive tackle Marcel Southall also signed on the dotted line.

• Florida State spent time at No. 1 and finishes No. 2 after a very strong day which saw Top100 defensive end Brian Burns, Top100 offensive tackle Landon d!ckerson commit as expected, same deal with Top247 cornerback Carlos Becker and Top247 offensive tackle Jauan Williams. Top100 linebacker Dontavious Jackson was one of the few Texas didn’t get on Signing Day as he’s headed to Tallahassee and FSU was able to get Top100 defensive tackle Shavar Manuel, a one-time silent commit, back in the fold and away from recruiting rival Florida. The Seminoles sign 25, including one five-star and 18 four-stars.

• Auburn wraps up with the nation’s No. 9 class with five-star defensive tackle Derrick Brown joining what is the best defensive line recruiting class in the country. Top247 receiver Nate Craig-Myers and his brother cornerback Jayvaughn Myers chose the Tigers as expected.

• The two biggest surprise commitments of the day worked in favor of Mississippi State and Clemson. Many thought five-star defensive end Jeffery Simmons was headed to Alabama or Ole Miss but the No. 1 recruit in Mississippi signed with Mississippi State. Meanwhile earlier in the day Top100 cornerback Trayvon Mullen was considered an LSU lean for much or the process, but it was Clemson that was able to come in and take that one at the end.

• Tennessee’s run to the finish line was impressive as well. Sitting at No. 14, the Vols held off Auburn for Top100 safety Nigel Warrior, they got the nation’s No. 1 JUCO prospect in Jonathan Kongbo back in the fold after he flirted with several others including Ole Miss, they flipped a Miami commit for a second-straight day in receiver Latrell Williams, after getting Top100 cornerback Tyler Byrd away from the Hurricanes on Signing Day eve.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside I Just woke up did nibiru hit us?
20 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
He Must've Had Somewhere Really Important To Be
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Lil mama a thot, and she got ass And she gon' fu-k up a bag
93 comments
2 days ago