Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Personality Test: What Did You See First?
46 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA David Stern: There Was Never A Chris Paul To Lakers Trade To 'Void'
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Melo IG post to his boss Phil Jackson
65 comments
@sports

section   (2 bx goons and 4 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10 months ago '13        #4621
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 352 352
Vols Ready For Final Visit With Kongbo

It didn't take much reading between the lines to figure out which prospect some of Tennessee's coaches were preparing to visit Thursday morning.

New Vols defensive coordinator Bob Shoop and running backs coach Robert Gillespie both made posts on their Twitter accounts early Thursday morning indicating that they had arrived in Arizona for their final visit with four-star defensive end Jonathan Kongbo, a former Tennessee commitment from Arizona Western College in Yuma, Ariz.

Vols head coach Butch Jones also is among the Tennessee coaches who are expected to visit with Kongbo on Thursday.

"Just touched down in Arizona," Shoop tweeted shortly after 4 a.m. Eastern time Thursday. "Orangeswarm is on a mission to change the game. We need your help VolNation! It's 3rd Down. Make some Noise!"

Less than an hour later, Gillespie tweeted, "Just landed! I'm pumped up and ready to go meet right now!!!! A Game Changer is in this town! #GBO #4:50amtweet #Orangeswarm #AZto865."

The 6-foot-5.5, 264-pound Kongbo, who's ranked the nation's No. 1 junior-college prospect in the 247Sports Composite, decommitted from the Vols on Jan. 5. But he has continued to give them strong consideration leading up to National Signing Day on Feb. 3, when he's expected to announce his final decision.

Southern California, Florida State and Ole Miss are believed to be Tennessee's primary competition going into his scheduled official visit to Florida State this weekend. USC hosted him on an official visit last weekend.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to the Vols as the favorites to land Kongbo, with Tennessee getting 38 percent of the current predictions, Alabama and Oregon each getting 25 percent, and 6 percent each going to Washington and Florida State.

Just touched down in Arizona. Orangeswarm is on a mission to change the game. We need your help VolNation! It's 3rd Down. Make some Noise!
 10 months ago '13        #4622
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Louisville Still In It With Trayvon Mullen

Two sources told InsideTheVille Trayvon Mullen, a four-star DB from Coconut Creek, Fla., would make an unofficial visit to Louisville on the final recruiting weekend before next Wednesday’s signing day.

However, Mullen’s coach, Kareem Reid, said Thursday he doesn’t expect Mullen, a U.S. Army All-American and cousin of Louisville QB Lamar Jackson, will visit the Cardinals again. Mullen made an official visit to Louisville last month.

“He was actually supposed to but he’s no longer going to,” Coconut Creek coach Kareem Reid told InsideTheVille.com Thursday. “He had a family situation and he’s not going to make that trip anymore. According to him, we text yesterday, and he told me he wasn’t going anymore.”

Many recruiting observers believe Mullen will choose either LSU or FSU next week. Does Louisville still have a chance?

“I can’t tell you one way or the other,” Reid said. “He’s going to make a decision on Wednesday. I wouldn’t say they’re out. He took a visit there (Louisville), they’re obviously in.”

Louisville OC Garrick McGee, cornerback coach Keith Heyward and a.ssistant Lamar Thomas visited the 6-1, 168 pound Mullen last week.

“It was cool,” Reid said. “We were all there together. It was a normal visit just came to check in and say hello, talking. Nothing major, showing face.”
 10 months ago '13        #4623
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Targets Set To Announce on ESPNU NSD Coverage

ESPN officially announced on Thursday the times that prospects will announce during their ESPNU National Signing Day Special.

The schedule includes a trio of FSU targets:

Four-star cornerback Trayvon Mullen is expected to announce during the 9 a.m. hour. Mullen is choosing from a final five of Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, LSU and TCU. His top three is considered LSU, FSU and Clemson.

Four-star linebacker Dontavious Jackson is set to announce during the 10 a.m. hour. Jackson's announcement is expected to come down to Alabama, Florida State and Texas.

Four-star offensive lineman Landon d!ckerson is set to announce during the noon hour. d!ckerson's announcement is expected to come down to Alabama, Florida State and Tennessee.
 10 months ago '13        #4624
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Recruiting Scoop: In Home Visits

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher met with two key targets on Tuesday in South Florida. Fisher, along with Charles Kelly, Bill Miller and Tim Brewster did in-home visits with cornerback Trayvon Mullen and Brian Burns. On Wednesday FSU was with defensive tackle Shavar Manuel.

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher has been all over the country this week meeting with key targets for the final time before Signing Day.

Here’s the latest scoop from these crucial final visits:

— According to a source both the Mullen and Burns visits went as planned and FSU is sitting in a good position to land both. I currently have Mullen projected to LSU. I’m not prepared to flip my pick to FSU, but I do think it’s extremely close between LSU and FSU.

For the last two weeks there have ben reports that Mullen is going to take an unofficial visit to FSU this weekend. I’m always skeptical about recruits making unofficial visits from South Florida. Sure enough, after speaking to a source yesterday morning, the saying “transportation issues” was already thrown out. There’s a chance he could visit, but right now I think there’s a better chance he is at home this weekend than anywhere else.

That being said, I don’t believe FSU will need this unofficial visit to land Mullen. Of course if he does make it in, I think that pretty much seals it for the ‘Noles, but if he doesn’t it’s not a deal-breaker.

— The visit with Brian Burns was held at school during the day and then in-home in the evening. FSU a.ssistants met with Burns and his coaches at school and then Jimbo Fisher joined them later in the home with Burns and his family.

I’ve been projecting Burns to FSU even before this visit took place. Nothing with the in-home visit has me re-thinking my prediction. It’s close between FSU and UF, there’s no question the FSU staff has concerns that he could end up at UF, it’s not a done deal to FSU just yet. However, as long as Burns official visit weekends to Tallahassee this weekend goes well, then I think he signs with FSU on Signing Day.

— Florida State went in to IMG Academy on Wednesday and met with defensive tackle Shavar Manuel. Coaches Lawrence Dawsey and Brad Lawing were the two that sat down with him. Things are always up in the air with Manuel, plans seem to change on a whim, so today I once again confirmed that Manuel’s official visit to FSU is still on for this weekend.

In our prediction story I noted that this UF-FSU battle is a lot closer than people realize. On Monday I spoke with Manuel and he told me he’s going to take the visit with an open mind and he mentioned “making his final decision on Signing Day”. Those don’t sound like the words of a “solid” commitment. I’m told he’s also saying the same thing to the FSU staff.

I’m not ready to change my Crystal Ball pick. There’s still almost a week remaining and UF’s head coach, Jim McElwain goes in to IMG today. I’d presume he’s going to try and get Manuel to stay home instead of visiting FSU. I don’t think it’ll work, but I want to see Manuel make it to Tallahassee on Friday before I start changing my Crystal Ball.

— I’ve learned Florida State’s in-home visit with receiver Keith Gavin will likely take place late in the afternoon or early evening on Friday. Nick Saban went to Wakulla high school and met with Gavin on Tuesday. Jimbo Fisher and Lawrence Dawsey will meet with Keith and his family. One of the things FSU will work on doing is to get Gavin over to campus for an unofficial visit during the weekend. FSU is hosting several visitors, but the most influential recruiters for Gavin would be Lavonte Taylor and Malik Henry. Taylor will be on campus for an unofficial visit and Henry is already enrolled at FSU. If FSU can pull him over to campus one more time then I think it greatly increases their chances of landing Gavin.

— Chris and I have been working all week to get confirmation on when, or if, Jimbo Fisher will visit Jonathan Kongbo. As of now we have no indication that Fisher will visit Kongbo before his official visit to FSU this weekend. He hasn’t been out West yet this week and it’s unlikely he’ll be able to see him today (Thursday) as he has a full slate of in-home visits with Landon d!ckerson, Jauan Williams and Naseir Upshur.

In the meantime Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze pulled a power move that can’t be looked over. He visited Kongbo at his school in Arizona on Wednesday, then met with Kongbo’s father that evening… in Vancouver, British Columbia. That’s the type of move that can win a recruitment.

With Fisher tied up on Thursday and meeting with Gavin on Friday afternoon/evening, there is a move that Chris and I see that FSU could utilize:

Private flight Thursday night into Yuma with Jimbo and Lawing ==> Meet first thing in the morning at Kongbo’s JUCO ==> Jimbo return on private flight to TLH to see Gavin and begin his weekend of hosting official visitors ==> Meanwhile, Lawing takes a commercial flight back to Tallahssee, with Kongbo, sitting next to him on the flight to Florida ==> They land and Kongbo starts his official visit.

Power move.

We have no idea if FSU is going to do something like that, but it sure sounds good…

— Jimbo Fisher and Jay Graham visited with running back commitment Amir Rasul last night. I’m told the visit went well. FSU is being cautiously optimistic with Rasul. I’m hearing they’re confident he’s going to sign with FSU, but they’re not taking their focus off of him. Rasul visits Tallahassee this weekend and I expect him to sign with FSU next week.

— FSU visited with Emmett Rice last night. Everything is good there. He takes an official visit to Louisville this weekend. I’m told the staff is confident he’ll sign with FSU next week.

— It’s unclear if FSU is going to do an in-home visit with offensive lineman Stewart Reese. Chris Nee has been communicating with Reese and his coach throughout the week. We don’t have any confirmation yet, but we do not expect him to visit FSU this weekend. With FSU sitting in first or second for both d!ckerson and Williams, it’s doubtful there’s room for Reese in this year’s class.

— On Monday Jimbo Fisher and almost several a.ssistants were in Houston Texas to visit with Dontavious Jackson and Noles247 has the scoop HERE.

— On Wednesday Odell Haggins and Randy Sanders visited with Defensive tackle Stephon Taylor in New Orleans. We’re working on getting the lowdown on how the visit went. Fisher visited Taylor last week and Charlie Strong was in to see him on Sunday. Taylor will visit South Carolina this weekend. We're also working on gathering intel on Carlos Becker's visit from Fisher on Wednesday. We feel FSU is the team to beat for Becker. He will announce his decision on Signing Day on Brighthouse Network.

===========================

We'll continue to follow these developments, stick with Noles247 for the latest.
 10 months ago '13        #4625
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Williams: I Already Have My Mind Made Up

On Thursday morning, four-star offensive tackle Jauan Williams of Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll welcomed Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher and offensive line coach Rick Trickett into his home.

"We were just wrapping up things," Williams said. "I was just getting all the information.

"My mom was here and she asked questions about things she wanted to find out about," Williams added.

Williams is scheduled to officially visit Georgia this weekend.

He will be making his choice from a final five.

"It is Florida State, LSU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Georgia," Williams said.

He officially visited all of those schools with the exception of Oklahoma.

Even before he hits the road for his final official, Williams says he knows where he is going.

"I already have my mind made up for who I want to go to," Williams said.

"First off, that my mother is convinced it is right for me. A place with a great program. A place where I like the coaches," Williams said of what he was looking for in a school.

He will make it official on National Signing Day.

"I am going to be signing at my home," Williams said. "I will probably do it at 7 a.m."

Out of his finalists, FSU is the only one with predictions on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball.

Williams is ranked No. 164 overall and as the No. 15 offensive tackle by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 10 months ago '13        #4626
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Official Visit Preview: Final Weekend Is Here

The final official visit weekend is set to begin. Florida State is hosting a few commitments, while looking to add some more. Here is who is expected in this weekend.

Notes: Brian Burns is a long-time target for the Seminoles at a major position of need. His recruitment has dwindled down to a battle between three teams - Florida, Florida State and Georgia. This weekend he will take his final official visit, after having seen the other two top competitors over the past two weekends. While the Gators lead the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball, FSU has trended up over the past month with Burns. This weekend Brad Lawing will go in for the close. Burns is expected to announce on National Signing Day.

Notes: Jonathan Kongbo is the top junior college recruit in the nation. FSU got involved in December and earned a visit in January. The Seminoles have also made his final four which consists of Florida State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and USC. He was committed to the Volunteers at one time. All four schools appear to be in contention and Kongbo is a bit of a wildcard. He will have officially visited all four schools after this weekend. He has developed a bond with defensive ends coach Brad Lawing over the past month. A final decision is expected on or near National Signing Day.

Notes: Shavar Manuel is committed to Florida. He pledged his services to the Gators at the start of January. Florida State has been in the picture throughout his recruitment and once led, early on. They will look to make a flip in the final week. Manuel is a prospect who tends to ride the high of a visit to a school. He is drawing interest from multiple FSU coaches, led by Lawrence Dawsey.

Notes: Amir Rasul has been committed to Florida State since the summer, but has flirted with several schools. He has recently taken official visits to Alabama and North Carolina. The Crimson Tide aren't likely going to have room for him in their class. While the Tar Heels impressed, Rasul is expected to stick with the Seminoles. Running backs coach Jay Graham and area recruiter Tim Brewster have led the charge with Rasul.

Notes: Naseir Upshur committed to Florida State at the end of the summer. He has remained firm in that pledge, acting as a top recruiter for the Seminoles. He has formed a strong relationship with his future position coach, Tim Brewster.

Notes: Keion Joyner committed to Florida State immediately following the Under Armour All-America Game. He chose the Seminoles over LSU. Joyner, who was dismissed from his high school team as a senior, is focused on the start of his college career as a Seminole. A major reason he opted to become a Seminole without even seeing the school is his relationship with his primary recruiter, Brad Lawing.

Notes: Gabe Nabers was an unexpected pledge for the Seminoles. He landed an offer, and committed to that offer, in a 12-hour span earlier this week. He went from being committed to Georgia Southern to South Florida to Florida State over the past month. He will be utilized by FSU as a fullback/H-back.

Notes: Mike Arnold committed to Florida State in December following an unofficial visit to the school. He has been solid in that pledge since making it. He was originally expected to be an early enrollee, but those plans fell through. Arnold hails from the prep ranks, but is originally from Winter Haven, Fla. Odell Haggins and Rick Trickett have been his primary recruiters.

List is subject to change.
 10 months ago '13        #4627
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Details On When Brian Burns is Expected To Sign

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage four-star defensive end Brian Burns is expected to make a decision between his three finalists - Florida, Florida State and Georgia - on National Signing Day.

According to American Heritage head coach Pat Surtain, the announcement should come during a signing ceremony at the school, in the auditorium. That ceremony is scheduled to begin at 8 a.m.

Burns is set to officially visit FSU this weekend. He has seen the Bulldogs and Gators over the past two weekends.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Burns as the No. 51 player in the nation and No. 5 weak-side defensive end.
 10 months ago '13        #4628
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Vols Make Final Pitch To Kongbo

Tennessee sent four coaches to make its final visit with the nation’s top junior college prospect on Thursday.

Jonathan Kongbo, a star at Arizona Western College in Yuma and a former Tennessee commit, hosted Vols head coach Butch Jones, defensive coordinator Bob Shoop, defensive line coach Steve Stripling and running backs coach Robert Gillespie on Thursday, and he posted a picture — perhaps one of the best pictures any prospect has posted in some time.

@UTCoachJones @UTCoachBobShoop @UTCoachG @UTCoachStrip #Vols #VFL pic.twitter.com/st6FeQdtaZ

The Vols have put a high priority on Kongbo even after his de-commitment from the program earlier this month. Thursday was the third time in the past nine days that at least one Tennessee coach visited Kongbo, and the Vols still lead in Kongo’s 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Kongbo visited USC last weekend and will visit Florida State this weekend, and both of those programs along with Tennessee and Ole Miss remain very much in the picture for the raw but immensely talented defensive end prospect who was born in Congo and raised in British Columbia, Canada.

The contact period ends Saturday night, so Thursday was Tennessee’s last chance to get in front of Kongbo and make its pitch.
 10 months ago '13        #4629
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Visits Elsewhere To Keep An Eye On

Florida State is hosting several official visitors this weekend, but a few of their commitments and some targets are expected to be on campuses around the nation. Here is a rundown:

DB Clifford Chattman official visit to Texas A&M.

Notes: Clifford Chattman committed to Florida State last weekend during his official visit. Immediately after making that pledge, he said he was done with the recruiting process. Roughly 24 hours later, he disclosed that he would still take an official visit to Texas A&M, which was previously scheduled. The three-star defensive athlete contends he is firm in his pledge, but just wants to make sure it is the right choice.

LB Emmett Rice official visit to Louisville.

Notes: Emmett Rice is a long-time Florida State commitment. This weekend he will officially visit Louisville. He has previously taken an official to West Virginia. The FSU staff is confident he will stick with his pledge and sign with the Seminoles on Wednesday.

S Jamel Cook official visit to USC.

Notes: Jamel Cook is a long-time Florida State commitment who has taken a few official visits this month. He saw Louisville and then returned to Tallahassee over the past two weekends. He recently stated his top two were the Seminoles and USC, who he will see this weekend. Cook has been a bit all over the place down the stretch, but FSU is confident they retain his pledge and earn his signature on National Signing Day.

DT Stephon Taylor official visit to South Carolina.

Notes: Stephon Taylor has taken recent official visits to Florida State and Texas, and those two are thought to be his top two entering the final weekend of the recruiting process. South Carolina will try to throw themselves into the mix this weekend. They are relatively new to his recruitment.

OT Jauan Williams official visit to Georgia.

Notes: Jauan Williams told Noles247.com on Thursday that his decision has already been made, but he will still take an official visit to Georgia which was previously scheduled. Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are also in the mix. He officially visited all of those schools, with the exception of the Sooners. FSU is considered the favorite.

CB Carlos Becker official visit to Ole Miss.

Notes: Carlos Becker is set to take his final official before deciding on National Signing Day. The four-star defensive back has a top three of Florida State, N.C. State and Ohio State entering the visit. Most consider FSU the leader, with the Buckeyes as the top contender. Ole Miss will try to make a move with Becker this weekend.

OL Landon d!ckerson official visit to Tennessee.

Notes: Landon d!ckerson is set to take his final official visit this weekend to Tennessee. The Volunteers are considered the top competition to Florida State. Alabama, who hosted d!ckerson last weekend, is also heavily in the mix. d!ckerson will be a battle until National Signing Day. FSU went in-home with him on Thursday evening. His relationship with Rick Trickett is key for the Seminoles.

DE Terrell Hall official visit to Ole Miss.

Notes: Terrell Hall continues to list Florida State among his favorites, but the majority believes he is heading to Alabama for college. He officially visited the Crimson Tide last weekend. Maryland, the hometown school, is also in the mix. Ole Miss will take their shot this weekend and try to make the decision more difficult for Hall.

LB Dontavious Jackson unofficial visit to Texas.

Notes: Dontavious Jackson has already used his five officials, seeing Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Michigan and UCLA. He will use an unofficial this weekend to see nearby Texas. Most believe his decision comes down to Alabama, Florida State and Texas. The Longhorns get the final pitch.
 10 months ago '13        #4630
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Pivotal Visits Heading Into The Final Recruiting Weekend

A look at the pivotal visits and big recruiting weekends, the last recruiting weekend the 2016 recruiting cycle.

• LSU has the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class but it has one big, glaring hole. No quarterback. Les Miles and company are hoping to change that this weekend as they host in-state quarterback Lindsey Scott out of Zachary High.

Scott’s stock has risen down the stretch after he won Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year honors as a senior throwing for 2,674 yards and 29 touchdowns, while adding another 1,607 yards rushing and another 23 scores. The 5-foot-11, 205-pound Scott led his team to the state semifinals.

“I’ve been coaching down in Louisiana for 18 years and he’s far and away the best quarterback I’ve been around at the high school level,” Zachary coach David Brewerton said. “He is a true dual-threat guy but he does look to throw it first. Extremely accurate, very strong arm. When it’s time to pull the ball down he’s a tremendous runner as well.”

As LSU courted Feleipe Franks and Dwayne Haskins, perhaps the guy they needed the whole time is the one-time Syracuse commit Scott, who is also considering Maryland and Rutgers.

“He is very much coached up football wise and that doesn’t have anything to do with us,” Brewerton said. “He’s been groomed to be a quarterback his whole life. Puts in a lot of time in the film room and a lot of extra time on the field. He knows all the ins and outs of being a quarterback and he has all the intangibles to go with some serious tangibles as well.”

• The biggest recruiting weekend is going down in Oxford as Ole Miss still has a shot to finish with the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class. Checking in at No. 4 in the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings, the Rebels will have most of their commits and remaining top targets on campus.

Hugh Freeze and his staff head into the weekend in a great spot for the No. 1 recruit in the state in defensive end Jeffery Simmons. Ole Miss is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for the nation’s No. 3 safety Deontay Anderson. Top247 receiver Mykel Jones is another where confidence is high in Oxford going into the weekend.

Ole Miss is battling Alabama for a lot of these names. Besides Simmons and Jones, blue-chip cornerbacks Shyheim Carter and Nigel Knott will be in town, as will Top100 defensive end Terrell Hall. The No. 3 recruit in-state, Top100 receiver A.J. Brown could also end up in Tuscaloosa or Oxford on National Signing Day.

Once considered a huge Mississippi State lean, four-star defensive tackle Kobe Jones is giving a good look to Ole Miss and Oklahoma defensive tackle commit Marcell Southall is slated to visit for the first time.

It will be interesting to see if Ole Miss running back commit D’Vaughn Pennamon makes it as planned. Texas A&M is working hard to flip the in-state recruit.

Touted cornerback Carlos Becker rounds out the list as he also considers Florida State, N.C. State and Ohio State.

• Florida State is all about the defensive line this weekend as they aim to add to the nation’s No. 5 recruiting class. Top50 defensive end Brian Burns is the headliner as they battle Florida and Georgia among others for the U.S. Army All-American. The nation’s No. 1 JUCO prospect Jonathan Kongbo also heads to Tallahassee considering the Seminoles, Alabama, Tennessee and Ole Miss among others. Florida State will also host one-time silent commit and current Florida pledge in Top100 defensive tackle Shavar Manuel. Several from the Seminoles recruiting class will also be in town.

• One of the biggest needs for Florida in this class is finding playmakers at the receiver position. Perhaps none bigger than the nation’s No. 2 receiver than Houston commit Tyrie Cleveland, who heads to Gainesville this weekend. Five-star cornerback Kristian Fulton also visits The Swamp heading into the official considered a heavy LSU lean. Florida has the No. 6 recruiting class in the country. Many of those guys will be in as well.

• Georgia is in the mix for several touted prospects down the stretch including two they likely lead for that visit this weekend in former Top247 offensive tackle commit E.J. Price and Top247 defensive tackle Michail Carter.

• The No. 1 player in the country Rashan Gary elected to take his final official visit of the process to Clemson. The Tigers have the nation’s No. 10 recruiting class which is currently headlined by the No. 2 player in the land, defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence. Lawrence is already on campus and enrolled early. Gary heads into the weekend with Michigan, Ole Miss, Auburn, USC and Alabama as the others he’s favoring.

Four-star safety Isaiah Simmons also visits Clemson this weekend coming off a mid-week official to Michigan. Nebraska has been considered the long-time favorite for Simmons. Perhaps the Wolverines or Tigers change that.

• More weekend notables include the nation’s No. 1 linebacker Ben Davis visiting Auburn as he considers the Tigers, Alabama and Notre Dame leading up to National Signing Day. …The nation’s No. 1 safety Brandon Jones takes an official to Baylor. …Tennessee is putting the finishing touches on a small but talented class as the Vols host their largest official visit weekend of the cycle. The uncommitted headliners are five-star defensive tackle Derrick Brown, Top100 safety Nigel Warrior, Top100 offensive tackle Landon d!ckerson along with Top100 Miami cornerback commit Tyler Byrd. Tennessee heads into the weekend the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Warrior and in the mix for the other three. …U.S. Army All-American linebacker Brendan Ferns takes his official to West Virginia as he tries to decide between the Mountaineers and Penn State. …The nation’s No. 1 receiver Demetris Robertson heads to Georgia Tech as he considers the Yellow Jackets alongside Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame and Stanford. …Top100 linebacker Dontavious Jackson is expected in Austin to see Texas this weekend.
 10 months ago '13        #4631
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Saban Impresses Five Star Lineman

Offensive lineman Landon d!ckerson (Hudson, N.C./South Caldwell) said Alabama coach Nick Saban impressed him and his family during a Tuesday in-home visit.

"It went awesome," d!ckerson said. "My mom loved it."

Alabama Offensive Line coach Mario Cristobal met with d!ckerson earlier in the day.

"That went awesome, too," d!ckerson said. "He's a pretty awesome coach."

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher went in-home Thursday evening.

"That went good," d!ckerson said.

The Seminoles lead the Crystal Ball with 80-percent. Virginia Tech, Auburn and Tennessee all have seven-percent on the Crystal Ball.

d!ckerson, a five-star prospect on 247Sports.com, officially visited Alabama, Florida State, Auburn and Florida.

He said he still plans to officially visit Tennessee this weekend.

d!ckerson said he doesn't expect Volunteers coach Butch Jones to do an in-home visit this week.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 4 offensive tackle and the No. 2 prospect in North Carolina in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4632
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Details On When Carlos Becker Will Sign

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola four-star cornerback Carlos Becker is expected to make a decision between three programs - Florida State, Ohio State and NC State - on National Signing Day.

The announcement will take place at 9:30 a.m. at his school and will be broadcast live on Bright House Sports Network.

Becker is taking an official visit to Ole Miss. He’s seen the Seminoles and Buckeye’s over the past two weekends.

The 247Sports.com Composite has Becker as the 15th ranked cornerback and 153rd best player overall.
 10 months ago '13        #4633
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Iowa State Wins Recruiting Battle For Touted TE

It’s Iowa State of touted tight end Chase Allen, as Matt Campbell and the new staff score their biggest win on the trail since taking over in Ames.

The Nixa (Mo.) High standout announced his verbal to the Cyclones on Friday afternoon choosing Iowa State over his other finalists Michigan and Nebraska.

Recruited by Alex Golesh, the 6-foot-6, 220-pound Allen took official visits to each of his favorites this month with the Cyclones getting the final trip.

The 247Sports Composite ranks Allen as the nation’s No. 25 tight end and No. 6 player overall in the state of Missouri.

Allen’s offer list also included Florida State, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and Oklahoma State.
 10 months ago '13        #4634
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers 2017 Defensive Tackle

On Friday, Florida State offered Largo (Fla.) Pinellas Park junior defensive tackle Jordon Scott.

It is the seventh offer for Scott.
 10 months ago '05        #4635
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,687 | Props total: 3795 3795
Welcome back keith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 10 months ago '05        #4636
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,687 | Props total: 3795 3795

[pic - click to view]

Gavin on FSU: "Where my heart was."

Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla four-star wide receiver Keith Gavin re-committed to Florida State on Friday evening after an in-home visit with the Seminoles' coaching staff.

He spoke with Noles247.com immediately after going public with that decision to share why he chose FSU over Alabama.

"It has been the toughest decision I have ever made in my life," Gavin said. "It took me two weeks to come to this conclusion.

"Now I am happy," Gavin added after making his pledge. "I appreciate Coach (Billy) Napier, Coach Tosh (Lupoi), and Coach Nick Saban for recruiting me these last few years, but my heart is still at Florida State. I am happy to be committed."

For the 6-foot-3, 211-pound wide receiver, it wasn't solely about his heart when it came to making up his mind.

"It is more than just where my heart was," Gavin continued. "Coach Fisher runs a great program. Alabama is a big powerhouse team, but Florida State is the same way. I didn't feel like I could go wrong. But when it came down to it, Florida State is a pro-style offense where they pass and all of that stuff with how they use their receivers. It is my hometown, so that is where I feel I should be at."

Gavin committed to FSU once before. He backed off that original pledge in late August. The effort of Jimbo Fisher andLawrence Dawsey, among others, since he went back on the market is the primary reason he will wear Garnet and Gold in the end.

"They actually recruited me harder after I decommitted," Gavin said. "I knew I was a priority for them. It was a tough decision to decommit, I took some time and then I did it. But they stuck with me. This is where my heart was at and this is where I think I need to be at, so this is my next move."

Now that he is back in the fold for the 'Noles, Gavin is thinking about heading to Tallahassee for the weekend to recruit some future teammates.

"I think I am going to come over there for a little bit this weekend," Gavin said.
 10 months ago '13        #4637
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
After FSU In Home, Gavin Back In The Fold

Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla four-star wide receiver Keith Gavin re-committed to Florida State following an in-home visit with head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff on Friday evening.

Tribe16pic.twitter.com/5b9f89JIRH

Gavin wrote via twitter, "Today I'm ending my recruiting process. I am happy to announce that I will be signing with #NoleNation 2016! I want to thank Coach Fisher and his entire Coaching staff. I also want to thank Coach Saban, Napier and Coach Tosh and the Alabama staff for recruiting me. I'm excited and can't wait to get to work! #NoleNation #Tribe16."

Gavin decommitted from FSU in late August after being a long-time pledge. The primary reason for backing off that pledge was because he wanted to further investigate Alabama as an option. Gavin officially visited the Crimson Tide and then the Seminoles over the past two weekends. Both staffs, with their head coaches, went in-home this week. FSU got the final crack on Friday afternoon.

The 6-foot-3, 211-pound wide receiver is the only receiver FSU will be taking in this class. Wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey was his primary recruiter.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Gavin as the No. 111 player in the nation and No. 17 wide receiver.
 10 months ago '06        #4638
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,695 | Props total: 12228 12228
Hes back cause nobody wanted his fu*king a.ss
 10 months ago '06        #4639
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,695 | Props total: 12228 12228
 Semeautomatic said:
Louisville Still In It With Trayvon Mullen

Two sources told InsideTheVille Trayvon Mullen, a four-star DB from Coconut Creek, Fla., would make an unofficial visit to Louisville on the final recruiting weekend before next Wednesday’s signing day.

However, Mullen’s coach, Kareem Reid, said Thursday he doesn’t expect Mullen, a U.S. Army All-American and cousin of Louisville QB Lamar Jackson, will visit the Cardinals again. Mullen made an official visit to Louisville last month.

“He was actually supposed to but he’s no longer going to,” Coconut Creek coach Kareem Reid told InsideTheVille.com Thursday. “He had a family situation and he’s not going to make that trip anymore. According to him, we text yesterday, and he told me he wasn’t going anymore.”

Many recruiting observers believe Mullen will choose either LSU or FSU next week. Does Louisville still have a chance?

“I can’t tell you one way or the other,” Reid said. “He’s going to make a decision on Wednesday. I wouldn’t say they’re out. He took a visit there (Louisville), they’re obviously in.”

Louisville OC Garrick McGee, cornerback coach Keith Heyward and a.ssistant Lamar Thomas visited the 6-1, 168 pound Mullen last week.

“It was cool,” Reid said. “We were all there together. It was a normal visit just came to check in and say hello, talking. Nothing major, showing face.”
Noshyt louisville is still in it. This fool is so overrated
 10 months ago '14        #4640
Primetime24 
space
space
space
$32 | Props total: 6 6
I love Gavin.He made Franks look a lot better than he is.If we keep everybody we got and land any 2 others left it will be great class.I heard on radio that d!ckerson lives in same town as Rick Barnes(Tennessee BBall coach) parents.Its where Barnes was raised.They say d!ckersons Mom and Dad have breakfast with Barnes family almost every morning thru the week.They acted like it was a lock that he is goin to Tennessee.But that Bama site thought Gavin was for sure goin to Bama so who knows.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
47 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
244 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
57 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
75 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
65 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
72 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy