Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10 months ago '13        #4581
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 352 352
Weekend Recruiting Winner: LSU Catches The Biggest Fish

The weekend recruiting winner was sealed early on Friday when LSU landed a verbal from five-star Rashard Lawrence.

Ranked by 247Sports as the country’s No. 5 defensive tackle and No. 20 recruit overall, the 6-foot-3, 305-pound Lawrence chose the instate Tigers over Ohio State.

Out of Monroe (La.) Neville High, Lawrence was considered a strong LSU lean throughout the process although the Buckeyes made it somewhat interesting down the stretch. With Lawrence in the boat, LSU increased its lead over Ohio State for the country’s top-ranked recruiting class.

With Lawrence in the boat, Les Miles and his staff now hold six Top100 commits with cornerbacks Kristian Fulton and Trayvon Mullen two more strong possibilities to ultimately join the fold.

LSU wasn’t the only to have an exciting weekend.

Inside the Top10

• Ohio State creeped closer to repassing LSU with a verbal from former Louisville cornerback commit Rodjay Burns. Another long, physical defensive back headed to Columbus and a very well coached player out of powerhouse Louisville (Ky.) Trinity.

• Michigan secured a pair of front-seven commitments on Sunday from defensive/end outside linebacker Joshua Uche and MIKE linebacker Elysse Mbem-Bosse. Uche brings added speed to the Wolverines defense off the edge and Mbem-Bosse is that big, thick, physical and quick between the linebackers MIKE that Jim Harbaugh and company were looking for.

• Florida State snagged a long lean athlete out of New Orleans in Clifford Chattman, who is a very similar prospect to Top100 verbal Jamel Cook. Chattman could play in the secondary, outside linebacker or perhaps grow into an edge rusher.

• Alabama had the biggest recruiting weekend of the entire process over the weekend. The Crimson Tide likely land several that were on campus by National Signing Day. The biggest piece of news to come from things thus far is Top100 defensive tackle Raekwon Davis saying he was solid with the Crimson Tide after going back and forth between Mississippi State and Alabama.
 10 months ago '13        #4582
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Lands A New Commitment Out Of Georgia

Lowndes (GA) athlete Gabe Nabers has flipped his commitment from USF to Florida State today.

Nabers tells Noles247 he's being recruited as a TE/H-Back.

"I called coach (Jay) Graham today and coach Jimbo Fisher called me after school and made it final," Nabers said.

Nabers plans to take an official visit to FSU this weekend. He says he's "100% solid" to FSU.
 10 months ago '13        #4583
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Commitment To Visit Texas A&M

Florida State three-star athlete pledge Clifford Chattman, who committed on Sunday, said at the time of his commitment that he was done with the recruiting process and not planning to take any more visits.

On Monday evening, the New Orleans (La.) McDonogh product disclosed that he will visit Texas A&M. He was scheduled to visit the Aggies before pledging to the Seminoles.

I still will be taking my official to Texas A&M just to make sure I made the right decision ...

Chattman, who is likely to begin his FSU career at safety, is ranked as the No. 44 athlete in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 10 months ago '15        #4584
0017th 3 heat pts
space
space
$977 | Props total: 173 173
Sad Chattman and LSU didn't work out, but I'm glad he's going to join fellow New Orleanian, Kyle Meyers, at FSU.

What's the word on Trayvon after his OV to Baton Rouge this past weekend?? still 50-50 or is it tilting FSU's way now?
 10 months ago '14        #4585
Primetime24 
space
space
space
$32 | Props total: 6 6
 0017th said:
Sad Chattman and LSU didn't work out, but I'm glad he's going to join fellow New Orleanian, Kyle Meyers, at FSU.

What's the word on Trayvon after his OV to Baton Rouge this past weekend?? still 50-50 or is it tilting FSU's way now?
I really think Mullen is going to LSU.
 10 months ago '13        #4586
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Fisher Going To See Two Key Targets Today For The Final Time

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher is expected to make his final visit with two key recruiting targets today. Noles247 has learned Fisher will visit four-star cornerback Trayvon Mullen and four-star defensive end Brian Burns.

Along with Fisher, we also expect FSU defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and a.ssistants Tim Brewster and Bill Miller to be involved in today's visits to Burns and Mullen.

Burns and Mullen are top targets for the Seminoles. FSU has recruited each of them for well over a year. Burns will take his official visit to FSU this weekend. Mullen used his official visit to FSU back in October, but he has gone back-and-forth on taking an additional unofficial trip to FSU this weekend. That's something the staff will try to solidify today during their meeting with Mullen.

FSU's primary competition for Burns comes from UF and UGA. Mullen is an FSU-LSU battle with Clemson lurking on the outside.

Noles247 will have an update later today on any new developments that come from these visits.
 10 months ago '13        #4587
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Details On FSU's In Home Visit With 4 Star LB

The Florida State staff sent in the heavy hitters for their final in-home visit with four-star linebacker Dontavious Jackson. On Monday night Jimbo Fisher made his final visit with the inside linebacker out of Houston, Texas.

Earlier in the day on Monday Tim Brewster, Charles Kelly and Bill Miller met with Jackson and his high school coaches at his school. Fisher flew into Texas around 4 p.m. and the coaches went to Jackson’s home around 5 p.m. A source tells Noles247 the meeting involved Jackson, his mother and Godfather. It lasted about three hours.

Despite reports that Alabama had made a move on Jackson during his official visit last weekend, we still firmly believe this is a Texas-Florida State battle for Jackson.

FSU pitched Jackson on coming in at as their lone middle linebacker prospect, at a position of need and early playing time. We’re told the visit with the Fisher and his staff went very well.

This weekend Jackson is planning to take an unofficial visit to Texas. He’s used all of his official visits on FSU, Alabama, Michigan, Florida and UCLA. He has not taken an official visit to Texas, which makes getting him on campus this weekend vital for Texas' chances. Texas head coach Charlie Strong used his in-home visit with Jackson last Monday, but will get another face-to-face with Jackson this weekend when he visits.

Jackson plans to announce his final decision on Signing Day.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 01-26-2016 at 08:29 PM..
 10 months ago '13        #4588
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Haggins Checking In On Commit

Florida State defensive tackles coach Odell Haggins will check in on a commitment from one of his primary areas of recruiting. Haggins is set to see Winter Haven (Fla.) three-star offensive tackle Mike Arnold.

Arnold, who was at Milford Academy in New Berlin, N.Y. this past fall, is set to enroll at FSU over the summer. He is considered a solid pledge.

The 6-foot-6, 336-pound lineman has previously told Noles247.com that he will start his career at left tackle.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Arnold as the top prep player in the nation.
 10 months ago '13        #4589
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Highlights: See FSU's Newest Commitment In Action

Florida State landed an unexpected commitment from three-star offensive athlete Gabe Nabers on Monday afternoon. Nabers will be used by FSU as a fullback and H-back.

Here is the Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes product in action as a senior:

10 months ago '13        #4590
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Buckeyes Continue Their Run At 4 Star DB, Schiano To Visit Again

After his official visit to Ohio State this past weekend Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola defensive back Carlos Becker told Bucknuts he not only liked it a lot at Ohio State, but he liked “everything.”

So while many have Becker pegged to Florida State, the Buckeyes are far from conceding when it comes to this talented cornerback/safety.

“Coach (Greg) Schiano is supposed to be back down one day this week,” Osceola coach Doug Nichols said. “I’m not sure what day yet.”

Last week Schiano and Urban Meyer stopped at Osceola.

Becker has made official visits to Ohio State, Florida State, North Carolina State and Wisconsin. He has now made a decision between Ole Miss and Clemson for his last trip.

“He’s going to Ole Miss this weekend,” Nichols said. “Like any other kid it’s getting stressful. I’d say it will come down to Ohio State, Florida State or North Carolina State.”

The 6-foot-2 and 185-pound Becker played both cornerback and safety during his senior season and intercepted six passes. Playing cornerback as a junior Becker had five interceptions.
 10 months ago '13        #4591
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Cook Clears The Air

MIAMI, Fla. - Florida State athlete commit Jamel Cook (Miami/Central) said his decision, which will be made on National Signing Day, has come down to FSU and USC.

"They both feel like home. They both feel like Miami period. That's what I want," Cook said. "The biggest problem I'm seeing is who is going to play as a true freshman, who is going to start as a true freshman? Who is going to give me the chance to get on the field?"

Cook officially visited Florida State this past weekend.

"The best thing was I like the campus and I like the players," Cook said of Florida state. "They treat me like family. I have a good communication there."

Cook said he plans to visit USC this weekend.

USC ace recruiter Tee Martin met with him this morning at his school.

"That went great. Good school, good campus from he's telling me. I'm going to go up there and see how it is," Cook said of USC.

Cook officially visited Louisville January 16.

"It felt like home too. It was cold. It was 15 degrees. I can't go out there and wear short-sleeved shirts," Cook said of Louisville.

Cook hopes to play his college ball with three-star athlete Keyshawn Young (Miami/Senior).

Young, who goes by the nickname 'Pie,' took the Louisville and FSU official visits with him.

"Me and Keyshawn have a good connection. We have been friends since sixth grade in AAU basketball," Cook said. "Now we are just taking all of our visits together and seeing where it goes."

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 2 athlete and the No. 16 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4592
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Four Star CB Excited About Gamecock Offer

South Carolina joined schools like Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State and several others in offering Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas class of 2018 four-star cornerback Patrick Surtain Jr. It was an offer Surtain was happy to garner.

“I was very happy to receive an offer from South Carolina,” the 6-foot, 180-pound Surtain said. “They have a great program and great coaches.”

“Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) let me know about the offer. He is a great coach.”

Surtain know what he is looking for in a school.

“I am looking for good academics and a school that feels like home.”

Surtain’s father (Patrick Surtain) played 11 seasons in the NFL. He played college football for Southern Miss and was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the second round of the 1998 NFL Draft, and also played for the Kansas City Chiefs.
 10 months ago '13        #4593
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Fisher Visiting Miami Linebacker Today

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher will visit with linebacker commitment Emmett Rice today. Along with Fisher, a.ssistants Tim Brewster and Bill Miller are also expected to sit in on the visit.

Rice, who is at Norland high school in Miami, Florida, has been committed to FSU since last February, nearly a year and is considered a solid pledge.

At 6-foot-3 and 193-pounds, Rice needs to add some weight and will eventually settle in as an outside linebacker.
 10 months ago '13        #4594
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Meyer Stops To See Elite Defensive Tackle

Urban Meyer is doing what he does so well – recruiting. And today Meyer has been in Georgia to see Leesburg (Ga.) Lee Country 2017 defensive tackle Aubrey Solomon.

“Coach Meyer was here a couple hours ago,” Lee County coach Dean Fabrizio said. “He was here to talk about Aubrey Solomon. It went very well. We had a real good conversation. He was not able to talk to him of course, but he saw him across the way and waved to him. Aubrey has a lot of interest in Ohio State.”

Fabrizio said Meyer’s appearance was big.

“We were very excited to have him here,” Fabrizio said. “Aubrey is definitely interested. I think Aubrey and his mom will take a trip up there.”

The 6-foot-4 and 305-pound Solomon has scholarship offers from schools all over the country including Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State and Florida.

Solomon is from the same high school as Buckeye quarterback Stephen Collier.

Solomon is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 117 overall prospect, the No. 7 defensive tackle and the No. 15 prospect in Georgia.
 10 months ago '13        #4595
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers 2017 In State WR

Florida State offered St. Petersburg (Fla.) Admiral Farragut Academy junior wide receiver Matt Landers on Tuesday.

The offer was extended by area recruiter Lawrence Dawsey.

The 6-foot-5, 180-pound wide receiver now has eight offers, including Florida, Kentucky and Louisville, among others.

There are no Crystal Ball predictions for Landers.

He has yet to be ranked.
 10 months ago '13        #4596
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Noles247 Class Predictions

The Florida State staff is eight days away from putting pen to paper on their 2016 recruiting class.

The Seminoles currently have 20 commitments in this year's class, the No.1 ranked class in the ACC and the No.5 ranked class overall, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Florida State has approximately five or six spots remaining. Here's how the Noles247 staff predicts FSU to finish:

================================================== ==============

Teams In The Mix: NC State, Ohio State, FSU, Ole Miss, Clemson

Josh’s Prediction: Florida State

Explanation: Florida State got into the fray a little late, but an excellent official visit seemed to have sealed it for FSU. Ohio State made a good impression last weekend. Ole Miss will get a shot at him on the final weekend of the cycle.

Chris’ Prediction: Florida State

Explanation: FSU went all in on Becker in November and December after re-evaluating him off of senior film. Being close to home could influence his decision and that benefits the 'Noles. He has been a top priority for FSU down the stretch.

Teams In The Mix: FSU, UF, UGA, Miami

Explanation: This has been an FSU/UGA/UF battle for nearly the last year. Mark Richt moving from UGA to Miami got the ‘Canes in the conversation. FSU will try to lock this recruitment down this weekend when he takes an official visit to Tallahassee.

Explanation: Throughout his recruitment Burns has stated that he had a strong bond with both area recruiter Bill Miller and defensive ends coach Brad Lawing. FSU gets the final visit. Feedback at the Army Bowl was that FSU was standing out to Burns. I've expected him to stay in the Sunshine State and the stars seem to be aligning for the Seminoles to pull this one off.

Teams In The Mix: Committed to FSU. Says he’ll choose between FSU and USC on Signing Day.

Explanation: Even though he claims he’ll be picking from FSU and USC, I still think Miami is the bigger threat to flip him from FSU. His visit last weekend to FSU solidified his commitment. Jimbo Fisher will visit him later this week.

Explanation: I believe last weekend's official visit to FSU solidified his pledge. Miami is the school that concerns me the most, despite not getting an official visit.

Teams In The Mix: UNC, Auburn, FSU, Ole Miss, UF

Josh’s Prediction: Auburn

Explanation: After being committed to Auburn for 11 months, Craig-Myers decommitted in May. However, it looks like he’s headed back to The Plains with UNC finishing a close second.

Chris’ Prediction: Auburn

Explanation: I think the Tigers beat out the Tar Heels for Craig-Myers. I expect Gus Malzahn and company to go 2-for-2 with Craig-Myers and Jayvaughn Myers.

Teams In The Mix: Tennessee, FSU, Auburn, Virginia Tech, Duke

Explanation: d!ckerson’s relationship with FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett seems to be the difference maker here. He’s visited Tennessee several times and they shouldn't be taken lightly.

Explanation: Despite being one of his first officials, d!ckerson has kept FSU consistently on top for his services. Relationships are a big deal to d!ckerson and he has a good one with FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett. Tennessee is a concern and his weekend visit there needs to be watched.

Teams In The Mix: Alabama, FSU

Explanation: I’m predicting the rare re-commitment. Hey, if Nate Craig-Myers can do it, why not Keith Gavin as well?

Chris’ Prediction: Alabama

Explanation: This one is incredibly tight as far as I can gauge. It has been since he backed off his FSU pledge. Gavin and his family have been tight-lipped on things following his recent official visits to both schools. The Crimson Tide were the reason he backed off his pledge and I'm going to stick with my prediction from when he went back on the market until I hear differently. Both schools have confidence with him.

Teams In The Mix: Alabama, FSU, Maryland, Ohio State

Josh’s Prediction: Alabama

Explanation: FSU made a push in December to get into the mix, but their momentum with Hall seems to have tailed off. Maryland is probably Alabama’s biggest competition for Hall.

Chris’ Prediction: Alabama

Explanation: The Crimson Tide has consistently held the lead since Hall backed off his Ohio State pledge. His official visit last weekend to Tuscaloosa seemed to seal the deal. Maryland, due partly to proximity, is probably running second at this time.

Teams In The Mix: FSU, Texas, Alabama

Explanation: Sources indicate that the Seminoles staff feels confident about their chances to land Jackson. They’ll have one more storm to weather this weekend as Jackson takes an unofficial visit to Texas. Charlie Strong and his staff will have the last crack at Jackson.

Chris’ Prediction: Texas

Explanation: FSU has done everything they could do to land Jackson, but I believe Texas' need for him combined with their proximity to home wins out in the end. Also, Jackson is close with several Texas players and has a teammate that may also end up in Austin.

Teams In The Mix: USC, Florida State, Washington, Tennessee, Ole Miss

Josh’s Prediction: USC

Explanation: Heading into the FSU visit I like USC’s chances at keeping him on the West Coast. My prediction could change based on the outcome of this weekend’s visit.

Chris’ Prediction: Tennessee

Explanation: Kongbo committed to Tennessee and then backed off due largely to wanting to take his remaining visits. The Volunteers have remained strong with him and are cautiously optimistic about their chances. That being said, he is a toss up because he is a highly impressionable kid. FSU has a decent shot if the weekend goes well. I also believe Ole Miss and USC are still in the mix, especially the Trojans. There is some appeal to Kongbo about staying out west. I don't believe he has reached any kind of decision at this point.

Teams In The Mix: FSU, UF, LSU

Josh’s Prediction: Florida

Explanation: This one is a lot closer than people realize. Manuel has nearly committed to LSU, FSU and UF while on visits. He’s currently committed to Florida, but FSU is looking to make a late flip by getting him in on an official visit this weekend.

Chris’ Prediction: Florida

Explanation: Manuel is highly impressionable and visits seem to swing his emotions towards that school. That is good news for FSU, as they host him this weekend. But entering the visit, I believe he remains with his pledge to the Gators.

Teams In The Mix: FSU, LSU, Clemson

Josh’s Prediction: LSU

Explanation: This one is very close. I give LSU the slight edge right now. If Mullen makes it in on an unofficial visit (FSU staff expecting him) this weekend then my pick will swing to FSU.

Chris’ Prediction: LSU

Explanation: FSU has put up a good f!ght, but LSU has consistently been considered his leader behind the scenes with those familiar with his recruitment. Barring an unofficial to Tallahassee this weekend with his mother, I think the Tigers win out.

Teams In The Mix: FSU, Texas, South Carolina

Josh’s Prediction: Texas

Explanation: FSU made it interesting. Taylor was all Texas prior to his visit to FSU last weekend. It went better than expected, but in the end I think he picks Texas.

Chris’ Prediction: Texas

Explanation: Texas held a slight advantage entering the FSU visit. FSU did a good job with Taylor over the weekend, but Texas head coach Charlie Strong went in-home immediately after the visit. The Longhorns seem to hold a very slight edge as he continues to deliberate on his decision. The biggest advantage for Texas is a favorable depth chart.

Teams In The Mix: LSU, FSU, Texas A&M, UGA, Oklahoma

Josh’s Prediction: LSU

Explanation: This is another one that is nearly too close to call at this point. I give LSU the edge right now. I don’t see FSU finishing with two offensive linemen and I feel d!ckerson is the one they end up signing.

Explanation: FSU has remained the consistent leader as Williams has taken visits. FSU made a big impression on Williams over the summer and built on that in December when he officially visited.
 10 months ago '14        #4597
Primetime24 
space
space
space
I wish it was signing day already.If we get d!ckerson to go with Johnson that would be heck of OL class.I want Burns just so uf dont get him.I think Williams is FSU if we want him bad enuff.Mullen=LSU,Gavin=Bama,Kongbo=TN.Cook seems like one who could be trouble if not gettin PT.And I dont think he is ready right now.Reminded me of Tyler Hunter in Army game.D.Jackson is sounding more and more like this years Terry Beckner Jr.Go Noles and thanks for the updates at this big time.I check here at least couple of times a day
 10 months ago '10        #4598
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
Thanks for the updates!
 10 months ago '15        #4599
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,682 | Props total: 1056 1056
 Primetime24 said:
I wish it was signing day already.If we get d!ckerson to go with Johnson that would be heck of OL class.I want Burns just so uf dont get him.I think Williams is FSU if we want him bad enuff.Mullen=LSU,Gavin=Bama,Kongbo=TN.Cook seems like one who could be trouble if not gettin PT.And I dont think he is ready right now.Reminded me of Tyler Hunter in Army game.D.Jackson is sounding more and more like this years Terry Beckner Jr.Go Noles and thanks for the updates at this big time.I check here at least couple of times a day
Now I don't feel bad. I have a routine. Stay checking updates on the regular.
 10 months ago '14        #4600
Primetime24 
space
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
Now I don't feel bad. I have a routine. Stay checking updates on the regular.
We need something to get us thru 6 or 7 months.Sucks waiting on football to come back around.Go Noles
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago