Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '13        #4561
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,512 | Props total: 356 356
The Upside Is There For New FSU Commit

New Florida State commit Clifford Chattman is a project but he's one worth taking a shot on. Chattman is a bit of a man without a position right now. A skinny 6-foot-5, Chattman could be a safety, outside linebacker or even a defensive end. Right now though, he's best in a hybrid safety/linebacker role. Few 6-foot-5 defenders can really flip their hips and be effective in coverage. Even Chattman has his ups and downs in that regard but he's rare in that he can legitimately develop into a safety even at his size.

Though Chattman is raw right now. He's worth a take for Florida State. There's only one other prospect that I've ever scouted that I would realistically compare Chattman to (though fellow 2016 prospect Jamel Cook is similar). That prospect was Tulsa's Dexter McCoil out of the class of 2009. McCoil was skinny but talented and managed to finish his career with 18 interceptions at Tulsa. He took some time to develop but you look up today and he's still playing in the NFL and is currently on the active roster with the San Diego Chargers.

Particularly given Chattman's relationship with fellow Florida State target Stephon Taylor, Chattman's pickup makes a lot of sense for the Seminoles.
 11 months ago '13        #4562
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Top 247 DE Clayton Recaps UF Visit

Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County Top247 defensive end Antonneous Clayton, a Florida commit, took his official visit to see the Gators this past weekend. How was the trip for the 6-foot-3, 220-pound pass rusher?

“The visit went great,” Clayton said. “We mostly just ate at lot, that was all.”

Also on campus this weekend for the Gators was five-star weak-side defensive end Brian Burns. How does Florida plan to use Clayton and Burns if both end up in Gainesville?

“When one would get tired, the other would come in and switch out — that Buck, hybrid, outside linebacker position.”

Clayton says he didn’t get to interact much with Burns during the visit, so he did not have much insight on where the Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage prospect was leaning. He then added with a laugh, “I don’t really don’t care.”

The debate for much of this month as been whether Clayton would take another official visit or not. He gave the latest on that.

“I might take one to Florida State next week,” Clayton admitted. “I don’t know, I just might still take one.”

Apparently, Florida’s coaching staff will try to go in-home with Clayton as late as possible with the contact period ending in a week.

“I think Coach [Jim McElwain], Coach [Geoff] Collins and Coach [Chris] Rumph are coming in Saturday,” Clayton said if he does not take that visit to see the Seminoles.

He is unsure when or if Florida State coaches will visit him.

“I don’t know, it may be a surprise visit. Coach [Charles] Kelly usually calls before he’s coming.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Clayton as the nation’s No. 26 overall prospect in the 2016 class.
 11 months ago '05        #4563
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3801 3801
damn we kinda came outta nowhere for Taylor
 11 months ago '13        #4564
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
damn we kinda came outta nowhere for Taylor
We've been on him for awhile but he's one of the recruits that hasn't focused on recruiting until late or after his season was over. We def gotta land another DT and hopefully 2 DE's and hopefully Dontavious Jackson at ILB.
 11 months ago '05        #4565
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 Semeautomatic said:
We've been on him for awhile but he's one of the recruits that hasn't focused on recruiting until late or after his season was over. We def gotta land another DT and hopefully 2 DE's and hopefully Dontavious Jackson at ILB.
yea nobody had him in our class...........now he says we in are in the final 2........Jackson aint comin........he was infatuated with FSU for a min but thats over
 11 months ago '13        #4566
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
yea nobody had him in our class...........now he says we in are in the final 2........Jackson aint comin........he was infatuated with FSU for a min but thats over
Nobody had him in our class because of that. But we've always been lurking around along with Texas & LSU (where everyone thought he was going until they landed 3 top 150 DT's).

And don't give up hope on Jackson. We got two of the best closers in Jimbo & Brew.
 11 months ago '05        #4567
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
you are right bout Jimbo n Brewster anything is possible with them 2....
 11 months ago '13        #4568
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU And Michigan At The Top For Pie

Miami (Fla.) three-star athlete Keyshawn Young took an official visit to Florida State this weekend. After the trip ended, Young told Noles247 that the Seminoles came from outside his top five and made a move into the number two spot.

“FSU is second to Michigan right now,” Young said once he landed back in Miami

“My trip to FSU was good, the people, the culture, the city, everything. I got to hangout with Bobo (Wilson), Dalvin (Cook), Da’Vante Phillips. It was like being at home.”

Young said the FSU coaches are recruiting him as either a cornerback or wide receiver.

“I want to play receiver. I met with coach (Lawrence) Dawsey, he was real cool, we didn’t talk a lot about football, just about life and things like that," he said.

Young didn’t have any family members with him on his visit to FSU, but he was accompanied by a long time friend.

“I went with one of my best friends - Jamel Cook. We’ve known each other for a long time. He’s committed to FSU and he was telling me to come too because it’s home.”

Cook and Young aren’t done taking visits together. On Wednesday the two will be going to USC and then on the weekend they’ll take their last visit to Alabama.

A final decision from Young will come on Signing Day.
 11 months ago '13        #4569
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
RB Rasul Reshuffles His Official Visit Schedule

Coral Gables running back Amir Rasul may be directly in the heart of Hurricane territory but his heart remains with the Seminoles.

Rasul (5-10, 200) committed to Florida State in July and he intends on being in Tallahassee despite the fact that he's entertaining other programs.

"I'm one hundred percent committed because I feel as if the coaching staff will be solid for this year and a few more to come," Rasul said. "I like their style of offense and they've made me their top priority for a long time. They've come by to see my numerous occasions and that shows how they want me to stay with them."

Rasul planned to take official visits all along and that remains the case. However, he has made some alterations to where and when he's traveling.

"I'm still going to North Carolina this weekend but I made some changes to my visit schedule after that," Rasul said. "I was going to USC the last weekend but I switched to Florida State instead. I just wanted to see the campus one more time from a different perspective. My plan was to take an official to Miami during next week and that's not happening anymore either."

Alabama was the last program to offer Rasul but the first to host him on an official visit. This past weekend was his best opportunity to take in Tuscaloosa.

"It was nice a very nice visit and Nick Saban is a legendary coach," Rasul said. "Before I went up to Alabama, a friend of mine had told me that what you see is what you get. I got that offer in December and I'm blessed to have that option on the table."

Rasul was optimistic about Miami as recently as a couple weeks ago but that has tailed off. It's not a negative reflection on the new staff as much as it is on the old one.

"I've been talking to the coaches for awhile and they're really pushing hard for me," Rasul said. "I was originally committed there but recruiting has changed. Al Golden was very straightforward about how they were only taking one back in my class. Then they started taking multiple guys and it was hard to trust Miami after that. I know it's a new staff but that's still lingering."

Rasul wanted to be clear that he bears no ill will towards his hometown team. In fact, he only predicts success for Mark Richt in South Florida.

"I believe Miami is a good program and a good school," Rasul said. "They're going to grow but they're experiencing a lot of changes right now. It's going to take a little bit more time before they get back. Coach Richt is a better fit, I think they would have won something by now if he got there a few years ago."

As a senior, Rasul had 132 carries for 767 yards and 10 touchdowns. His junior campaign included 893 yards and 13 scores on 127 attempts.

Rasul is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 8th in the nation at his position and 36th overall in the state of Florida.
 11 months ago '14        #4570
Primetime24 
space
space
space
$32 | Props total: 6 6
 Peeztootrill said:
How the fu*k is Harbaugh getting all our guys?
I hope we dont get Pie.I hear we want him as CB but he wants to promised WR.We dont need a WR that bad just to take somebody like him.I really think we didnt go after Bush hard.If his dad wasnt a Nole maybe we dont go after him at all.Other than him I cant think of anybody he got from Florida.Shelton Johnson last year but we was cool on him until last 2 weeks before signing day.I wonder if the story about Bushs dad goin up there to coach is true.
 10 months ago '13        #4571
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Coaches Making Final Visit To See 5 Star CB

Noles247 has learned that Florida State coach Odell Haggins will be in Virginia Beach, VA today to see five-star cornerback commitment Levonta Taylor. This will be the last time an FSU coach visits him before Signing Day, but it won't be the last time Taylor is around the FSU staff. This coming weekend Taylor has plans to take an unofficial visit to Tallahassee.

Taylor told Noles247 back in early January that he was taking this final trip to FSU in order to help the coaches recruit on the last big visit weekend of the year.
 10 months ago '13        #4572
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Primetime24 said:
I hope we dont get Pie.I hear we want him as CB but he wants to promised WR.We dont need a WR that bad just to take somebody like him.I really think we didnt go after Bush hard.If his dad wasnt a Nole maybe we dont go after him at all.Other than him I cant think of anybody he got from Florida.Shelton Johnson last year but we was cool on him until last 2 weeks before signing day.I wonder if the story about Bushs dad goin up there to coach is true.
We actually recruited Bush hard but UM was the first team to offer him. The problem with Bush and FSU was Bush Jr wanted to start his own legacy and get out of his dad's shadow and he felt if he went to FSU he would never be out of his shadow or reach the expectations of those who would expect him to live up to the level of play his dad did at FSU. So essentially he wasn't built to handle the pressure of being a Nole and living up to his dad's legacy so he decided to get far away from FL & FSU so the pressure wasn't on him. Pie is gonna come in an as Athlete with him playing most defense and ST with him getting in on a few plays on offense periodically. I honestly thought we should've went after Bruce cause I figured Craig-Myers wasn't gonna be in this class from the beginning. I was hopefully we would have a chance at the end but I guess he sees a better fit & more playing time at the other schools. I can't blame him though. I'm just hoping now we can land Gavin atleast.
 10 months ago '13        #4573
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Fisher Making Final Impression On Texas LB Today

Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher is expected to meet with four-star linebacker Dontavious Jackson today in Houston, Texas. Fisher will likely be joined by defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and Jackson’s regional recruiter, tight ends coach, Tim Brewster.

This will be FSU’s final visit with Jackson before Signing Day. It’s an important meeting because Jackson is the lone remaining target on the linebacker board.

The Seminoles are working to pull him out of Texas, while the Longhorns are trying just as hard to keep him in-state. Jackson is also coming off of a visit to Alabama. Although most feel this is an FSU-UT battle, Alabama could be the dark horse in all of this.
 10 months ago '08        #4574
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,630 | Props total: 259 259
jimbo better make it happen on signing day. hes got the oldest coaches in the south and it shows. They're scratchin and clawin tryin to get a top 5 class after runnin the NCAA for basically 2 years (and a overachieving rebuilding year this season).

if he gets it done then im cool. but if signing day ends up like last year..man i dont even wanna say. im just gonna hope for the best for now. we need that TX LB the most.
 10 months ago '13        #4575
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Seminoles DB Tavarus McFadden Posts Message About QB Race

If Florida State rising sophomore defensive back Tarvarus McFadden was making the call, redshirt freshman Deondre Francois would be his team's starting quarterback in 2016.

McFadden used Instagram to voice his opinion on Sunday and posted a photo of Francois with the caption "be great my brother #TheFuture" to his 10,200 followers. A method of friendly support for a fellow Class of 2015 signee or does McFadden know something we don't?

A photo posted by Teetime (@tee_time24) on Jan 24, 2016 at 11:32am PST

Francois should receive the bulk of first-team reps alongside J.J. Cosentino in March since incumbent starter Sean Maguire is expected to miss all of spring practice after fracturing his ankle during Florida State's bowl loss to Houston.

The strong-armed former four-star prospect out of IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. spent his redshirt season as the Seminoles' scout-team quarterback working on his development as a passer and understanding the program's pro-style attack.

“I feel like I progressed tremendously in growing up,” Francois said before the Chick-fil-A Bowl, according to the Orlando Sentinel. “Redshirt season, it was a great success for me. Going against the first-team defense each day, earning respect each week by giving them a great look…I feel like I got older, I got more mature. Just learning the offense, anticipating my throws because college football is way faster than the high school level. This redshirt year really helped me.”
 10 months ago '13        #4576
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers Tennessee Wideout

Wide receiver Amari Rodgers (Knoxville, Tenn./Catholic) said Florida State offered.

It's the 10th verbal offer for Rodgers.

The Crystal Ball reads 62-percent for USC, 25-percent for Clemson and 12-percent for Tennessee.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nations No. 34 wide receiver and the No. 7 prospect in Tennessee in the 2017 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4577
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Where Things Stand: What Remains For FSU...

As we enter the final stretch in recruiting, here is an overview where things stand with Florida State targets:

RB Amir Rasul – The Florida State four-star running back pledge is on-campus at North Carolina for an official visit. His visit was delayed due to the winter storm wreaking havoc on travel plans, pushing the start from Friday to Sunday. Rasul is expected at FSU next weekend for his official. Despite trips to Alabama and North Carolina, Rasul is expected to stick.

WR Keith Gavin – The four-star wide receiver has been down to Alabama and Florida State essentially since decommitting from Florida State just before his senior season got underway. He has officially visited both of those schools over the past two weekends. This week, he will welcome head coaches from each of those schools. A final decision is due around or on National Signing Day.

WR Nate Craig-Myers – The four-star wide receiver recently narrowed his list to Auburn, North Carolina and Ole Miss. He was scheduled to officially visit Ole Miss this coming weekend, but as of Monday that visit appears off. FSU has attempted to get him to visit, but it doesn’t appear he will do so. With that in mind, the recruitment between the two parties is essentially over. Auburn is trending as his leader. He was once committed to the Tigers.

OL Landon d!ckerson – The four-star offensive tackle is set to take his fifth and final official visit this weekend to Tennessee. While Alabama surged over the past weekend, when they hosted d!ckerson, most believe this one will come down to a battle between the Seminoles and Volunteers. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher is due in-home this week. d!ckerson’s final decision will come on National Signing Day.

OL Jauan Williams – The four-star offensive tackle took an official visit to LSU this past weekend. He is set to see Georgia this upcoming weekend on an official visit. At this time, FSU is considered his leader, but LSU and Texas A&M, who he visited at the start of January, have closed the gap and made it a tighter race. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher is due in-home this week. Williams’ decision is expected on National Signing Day.

OL Stewart Reese – The three-star offensive guard is currently scheduled for an official visit to FSU this coming weekend. He has recently taken official visits to Mississippi State and Syracuse.

DE Brian Burns – The four-star defensive end is coming off the second of four official visits, having seen Florida this past weekend. He is set to see Alabama during the week and then immediately travel to Florida State from there for his final official. FSU is part of his top three along with the Gators and Georgia. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher is due in-home this week. Burns is expected to announce on National Signing Day.

DE Terrell Hall – The four-star defensive end is wrapping up an extended official visit at Alabama on Monday. The Crimson Tide are likely the favorite exiting the visit. Hall is also showing a good bit of interest in Maryland, who has shown renewed interest down the stretch. FSU is in the mix, but appears to be fading. Ole Miss is expected to host him this coming weekend.

DE Jonathan Kongbo – The four-star defensive end from the junior college ranks just wrapped up his fourth official visit, which was taken to USC. He recently unveiled a top four of Florida State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and USC. All four schools stand a legitimate chance at his services. FSU gets the final crack at him, hosting him this weekend for his final official visit.

DE Antonneous Clayton – The four-star defensive end is currently committed to Florida. He officially visited the Gators this past weekend. FSU defensive coordinator Charles Kelly has remained active with him and Clayton has flirted with potentially taking an official visit to FSU on the final weekend before National Signing Day. On Sunday evening, he stated he was 100% in his commitment and done with visits. Look for FSU to make one final push this week in hopes of landing a visit.

DT Stephon Taylor – The four-star defensive tackle officially visited FSU over the weekend. FSU and Texas are his current top two, with South Carolina also in the mix and hoping to host him this next weekend on an official visit. Jimbo Fisher has already done his in-home visit with Taylor. A decision is expected on National Signing Day.

DT Raekwon Davis – The four-star defensive tackle was expected at FSU this past weekend for an official visit. He didn’t show up, instead showing up at Alabama. Davis claims to still be committed to the Crimson Tide, despite reports of him flipping to Mississippi State during an official visit in Starkville earlier this month. At this point, FSU appears to be out of the race.

DT Shavar Manuel – The four-star defensive tackle is committed to Florida. He is scheduled to officially visit Florida State this coming weekend. Manuel was close to committing to the Seminoles back in the spring. Visits have always carried a heavy impact with Manuel. FSU will take their shot at flipping him this weekend.

LB Dontavious Jackson – The four-star inside linebacker exhausted his five official visits when he traveled to Alabama over the weekend. He has seen the Crimson Tide, Florida, Florida State, Michigan and UCLA on officials. He is expected to take an unofficial visit to Texas this coming weekend. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher is set to do an in-home visit with Jackson before he travels to Austin. FSU has made Jackson a top priority.

CB Trayvon Mullen – The four-star cornerback took his final official visit this past weekend heading to LSU. He may take an unofficial this weekend, but hasn’t confirmed those plans at this time. FSU is a potential destination for an unofficial visit. Mullen is expected to choose on National Signing Day, with the decision likely coming down to FSU and LSU. Clemson is the dark horse and also in the race. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher is due in-home this week.

CB Carlos Becker – The four-star athlete took an official visit to Ohio State this past weekend, but the Buckeyes flipped a cornerback from Louisville immediately after that visit and it doesn’t appear they are a top contender for Becker. FSU is the top contender. N.C. State is also in the mix. He will take an official this coming weekend to either Clemson or Ole Miss, as of today. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher is set to go in-home with Becker this week. A decision will come on or near National Signing Day.

DB Jayvaughn Myers – The three-star defensive back has essentially slid off the board for FSU. Similar to his brother, Nate Craig-Myers, for Jayvaughn’s recruitment to continue, FSU wanted to see him bump a visit down the stretch and opt for Tallahassee. That isn’t happening. With the addition of Clifford Chattman, it doesn’t really need to either.

S Jamel Cook – The long-time Florida State commitment is coming off an official visit to FSU. FSU feels optimistic they have locked up his commitment. Cook may officially visit Alabama and USC this week. He saw Louisville last weekend. LSU and Miami are also in the mix. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher is set to go in-home this week.

S Brandon Burton – FSU was in the thick of it with Burton when all-star season rolled around, but since early January the Seminoles have faded. Burton likely remains out West, choosing between UCLA and USC. Arizona has emerged as a dark horse. FSU has not visited with him in January.

ATH Pie Young – Young officially visited FSU over this past weekend. He could play on either side of the ball, as a receiver or defensive back. He is scheduled to officially visit Alabama and USC later this week. Michigan and Louisville have previously received visits. Michigan is considered his favorite, per him, but Louisville is the most likely destination as of today.

Note: Firm commitments not mentioned.
 10 months ago '13        #4578
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Two New Known Offers Extended In Florida

Kentucky has offered two more players in the Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) area. Fort Lauderdale, as well as Miami, has been hit hard by the Wildcats in recent weeks. Cardinal Gibbons junior safety Daniel Wright (6-foot-2, 175) and Dillard junior strong-side defensive end Jonathan Ford (6-foot-5, 240) have each received an offer.

Wright is rated a .9574 by the 247Sports Composite and is considered the nation's No. 6 safety. He currently has six 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions in favor of Florida State. He also holds offers from LSU, Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan and several others.

Ford is rated a .8993 by the 247Sports Composite and is considered the nation's No. 10 strong-side defensive end. His 247Sports Crystal Ball currently features three in favor of Miami. He also holds offers from Florida State, Louisville, Ohio State, South Carolina, North Carolina and several others.

Kentucky has seven commitments in the class of 2017 which ranks No. 7 nationally.
 10 months ago '13        #4579
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Florida State Offers 2017 Top 100 Prospect

Florida State has extended an offer to 2017 four-star Jacoby Stevens out of Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland. Stevens could play wide receiver or safety on the next level as a 6-foot-2, 200-pound prospect. He was once committed to LSU but backed off when Les Miles' job security came into question. He's now wide open in his recruitment. Stevens is friends with former Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey.

"FSU is an offer I've been waiting on," Stevens said on Monday.
 10 months ago '13        #4580
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers 2019 Running Back

Florida State offered freshman running back Deondrick Glass from Katy (Texas) on Monday.

It is the first offer for the 2019 prospect.

Got offer today from Florida state pic.twitter.com/MnIVXMqp1l

Glass had 14 touchdowns as a freshman running back for Katy, arguably the top high school program in the nation. The Tigers finished as the nation's top team this past season in the MaxPreps rankings. Glass did not receive a call up to varsity until midway through the season and was behind four-star running back and Army All-American Kyle Porter. He should be the go-to runner for the Tigers next year.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy