Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (1 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '05        #4521
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,476 | Props total: 1825 1825
I like to see all these highly rated OL in the mix...
 11 months ago '13        #4522
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 318 318
VIP Scoop: Good News With Commitment

Entering Tuesday, Florida State had three commitments not locked into official visits.

That number is now two.

Coral Gables (Fla.) four-star running back Amir Rasul has locked in an official visit to FSU on the weekend of Jan. 29th. The Seminoles were able to replace USC for that weekend trip.

Also, the only other official Rasul intends to take is to North Carolina this weekend, as was previously scheduled. He has already taken an official visit to Alabama.

At this time, the 5-foot-10, 200-pound running back doesn't intend to visit Miami or anybody else.

The change in plans came on the heels of area recruiter Tim Brewster visiting with Rasul on Monday.

Rasul is the No. 242 prospect in the nation and No. 8 running back according to the 247Sports.com Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4523
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Fisher Goes In Home With Prep OL

Tuesday was a busy day for head coach Jimbo Fisher. He was busy seeing prospects in the Lakeland area. One of the recruits he met with was Milford Academy three-star offensive tackle Mike Arnold.

Arnold committed back in December. He is expected to sign with FSU on Signing Day and enroll this summer.

Along with Fisher, Odell Haggins and Rick Trickett also joined in on the visit to see Arnold.

Mike Arnold, future PolkNole & #1 Prep School Prospect, gets in-home in Winter Haven today from Jimbo, Odell & Rick! pic.twitter.com/lWt9gNr5gq
 11 months ago '13        #4524
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Fisher, Trickett Set To Go In Home With Ball

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher, along with offensive line coach Rick Trickett, are expected to make an in-home visit with four-star offensive tackle pledge Josh Ball on Wednesday.

Ball took his official visit to FSU over the past weekend. Coming out of that visit, he claimed he is '100% Seminole' and likely done with visits. You can read more on that visit here.

Virginia has been trying to get Ball to visit this upcoming weekend, but according to him he is likely to cancel that visit. He had previously taken an official visit to N.C. State.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Ball No. 201 overall and as the No. 20 offensive tackle.
 10 months ago '13        #4525
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU Set To See Top OL Target

Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett as well as potentially another coach or two are expected to stop in on Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll four-star offensive tackle Jauan Williams on Wednesday, according to Williams.

FSU is considered the favorite for Williams, even though he listed Texas A&M as pulling even after his recent weekend official to the SEC school. Williams has already officially visited the Seminoles.

Williams hasn't locked in an official visit destination for this coming weekend, but he is expected to use at least one to two more trips.

Georgia, Miami and Oklahoma have all been in to see the 6-foot-7, 300-pound lineman this week.

Maryland, who is also in pursuit, leads FSU on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Williams as the No. 163 overall prospect and No. 17 offensive tackle.

He is expected to decide on National Signing Day.
 10 months ago '13        #4526
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU Going All In On Levonta Taylor

Five-star cornerback and Florida State commitment tells Noles247 that he is expecting a whole crew of coaches to come visit him today.

According to Taylor, Jimbo Fisher, Charles Kelly and Odell Haggins will be at his home to meet with him. Taylor visits Florida State this weekend on an unofficial visit. He used his official visit back in October when FSU played Miami. Taylor will be in town to spend time with the coaches and a.ssist in any way he can with the recruitment of some of the other visitors on campus.
 10 months ago '13        #4527
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Latest On Cook, Pie

Florida State athlete commit Jamel Cook (Miami/Central) and athlete Keyshawn Young (Miami/Senior) both plan to officially visit Florida State this weekend.

The duo both officially visited Louisville last weekend.

Cook, as of this morning, is still planning to officially visit LSU January 29.

Alabama is working to get that visit or a mid-week visit for next week. The plans to visit USC are off right now.

Cook, a four-star recruit, is ranked as the nation's No. 4 safety and the No. 17 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Young isn't a take for Michigan or USC.

The Crystal Ball reads 67-percent for Michigan, 19-percent for Florida State and 12-percent for Alabama for Young.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 67 wide receiver and the No. 57 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4528
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU Continues Pursuit of Gator Pledge

Florida State defensive coordinator and area recruiter Charles Kelly continues his pursuit of a Florida commitment.

Kelly dropped in on Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County four-star weak-side defensive end Antonneous Clayton on Wednesday. Members of the Florida coaching staff were also dropping in on him today.

Clayton committed to Florida in late October, choosing the Gators over Auburn and FSU. Those two programs have continued to pursue him despite his pledge.

Clayton contends he is solid in his pledge. He is set to officially visit Gainesville this weekend. The Seminoles and Tigers hope to host him on the 29th, but no plans have been set.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Clayton No. 70 overall and as the No. 6 weak-side defensive end
 10 months ago '13        #4529
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Kongbo Changes OV Plans

The nation's No. 1 player and defensive end in the country Jonathan Kongbo has made change of plans with his official visits.

Instead of visiting Alabama this coming weekend, the 6-foot-5, 264-pound Kongbo is expected travel to Florida State on an official visit, a source tells BamaOnline.

Kongbo, a one-time Tennessee commit, is expected to officially visit Alabama the final weekend of the month.

The Tide has turned up the heat on the top JUCO prospect since offering earlier last month. UA head coach Nick Saban saw Kongbo on Monday.
 10 months ago '13        #4530
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Recruiting Scoop:

Here's the latest Recruiting Scoop:

— Texas has gained some momentum this week with FSU’s top linebacker target Dontavious Jackson. On Monday Charlie Strong used his in-home visit. Shortly after that meeting word started circulating that Jackson would take an unofficial to Texas the weekend before Signing Day.

Here’s what I know: This is now a two team race. I don’t see Jackson going anywhere besides FSU or Texas. The momentum will continue to shift back and forth up until Signing Day. Get ready. Strong went in Monday, Brewster is in today. I expect Fisher to use his visit next week. 

I’ve stated this a few times - I don’t feel FSU needs to get Jackson back on campus to land him. If they do, it’s a big boost, but I don’t think it’s necessary to land him.

— Florida State will visit defensive tackle Shavar Manuel this week. He’ll take an official visit to FSU the final weekend. As far as I know he’s solid to UF, but his recruitment has been known to sway when he takes trips. FSU will bring him in a few days before Signing Day, they’ll shoot their shot and see what happens..

— My Crystal Ball for Trayvon Mullen is on FSU, but as of today I think it’ll be LSU for him on Signing Day. I’m not sure if I’ll change my Crystal Ball. At least not yet.

— I’m prepared to Crystal Ball defensive end Brian Burns to FSU. However, I’ll wait until Monday to do that. Burns visits UF this weekend. I don’t expect anything to change with my prediction, but I figure why not hold-off until Monday?!? Just incase.

— Noles247’s Chris Nee reported yesterday that Amir Rasul will visit FSU this weekend. If he visits I have very few worries about him flipping.

— Things are not looking good for Florida State and Nate Craig-Myers. I’m a firm believer in no-visit-no-chance-to-sign and as of now Craig-Myers does not have plans to visit FSU. I spoke to a source close to the FSU program today and it looks like he’ll visit Ole Miss on the final weekend.

FSU will do in-home visits with Nate and his brother Jayvaughn Myers on Thursday. The visits will take place separately. Right now I’m told FSU has a better shot of getting Jayvaughn in for a visit than Nate.

— Alabama is confident in their chances with Keith Gavin. As they should coming off of his official visit to ‘Bama last weekend. Gavin will visit FSU this weekend, which will be his final trip before a decision. As I’ve said since about May — if FSU doesn’t sign Craig-Myers or Gavin they’re content with not signing any receivers in 2016. I’d be surprised by any late offers.

— FSU cranked up the recruitment of Keyshawn “Pie” Young over the past week. I believe part of this is a play to get Jamel Cook on campus. Cook has been saying he’s planing to visit everywhere but FSU. Cook and Young are close, they’ve been taking visits together and inviting Pie on an official may have been enough to lock down Cook on a visit as well.

I think it’s two-fold. I truly think FSU would like to find a spot for Pie. They like him as a football player, but as of today I don’t see him fitting into the class. If FSU has a spot available at the end, I think Young would be one of the first prospects they go after.

— I’ve confirmed that defensive tackle Raekwon Davis will visit Alabama on the 29th, which means his visit to FSU should occur this weekend. You never know what’s going to happen Davis, but at this point I’d expect him to be in Tallahassee this weekend.
 10 months ago '13        #4531
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Trickett Expected To See 5 Star

A recently crowned five-star prospect on 247Sports.com expects a visit from Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett on Thursday. That prospect is Hudson (N.C.) South Caldwell offensive tackle Landon d!ckerson.

He also expects Alabama and Florida in on Thursday. Auburn and Georgia have already dropped by this week.

d!ckerson is set to visit Alabama this weekend and either Georgia or Tennessee next weekend. He has already taken officials to Auburn, Florida State and Florida.

Florida State and Tennessee co-lead.

"Those are the top ones," d!ckerson said earlier this week. "They are the most consistent and that's a big part."

FSU leads on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball with the 6-foot-5, 300-pound lineman.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks d!ckerson as the No. 31 prospect in the nation and No. 4 offensive tackle. 247Sports.com ranks him as a five-star, sitting at No. 17 overall.
 10 months ago '13        #4532
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Brooks Surprised By Early Offer

Tampa (Fla.) Gaither 2017 linebacker DeCalon Brooks grew up a Seminole. His father, Derrick Brooks, was one of the best to ever play at Florida State and is currently on FSU's Board of Trustees. Brooks' mom is also an FSU grad. He's grown up in the Garnet & Gold.

Now it's up to Brooks on whether or not he'll follow in his family footsteps. On Saturday FSU extended a scholarship offer to Brooks.

“I called coach (Lawrence) Dawsey and he said they wanted to offer me," Brooks told Noles247. "He put coach (Jimbo) Fisher on the phone and he told me they wanted to offer me.

“I appreciate the offer, I’m grateful for it and surprised that they are interested in me. I'm definitely going to learn more about them."

Brooks now has early offers from USF, FSU, Louisville and FIU.

“I’m going to visit those schools that have offered me this offseason," he added. "Willie Taggart at USF tells me to keep working hard. They want to get me over to the campus and introduce me to the players and coaches, just spend some time over there.”

Brooks says he's in no rush to make a final decision.

“It’s something i’m going to sit on for a little while," he said of a possible decision. "I don’t want to jump at anything because you never know how things will change over the next year or so. By my senior year I’ll narrow everything down and then make a decision.”
 10 months ago '13        #4533
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Fisher, Dawsey Set To Check On Brotherly Pair

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher and area recruiter Lawrence Dawsey are expected to drop in on Tampa (Fla.) Catholic and Dade City (Fla.) Pasco on Thursday.

The primary targets are the brother duo of four-star wide receiver Nate Craig-Myers (Catholic) and four-star cornerback Jayvaughn Myers (Pasco).

At this time, neither prospect has a scheduled official to FSU.

Auburn is considered the favorite for both. They officially visited there last weekend.

Neither has a scheduled visit for this weekend. Craig-Myers is expected at Ole Miss on the final visit weekend. He has also officially visited North Carolina.

A recent report by a local newspaper had Craig-Myers down to Auburn, North Carolina and Ole Miss.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Craig-Myers as the No. 43 prospect in the nation and No. 6 wide receiver. Myers is ranked as the No. 32 cornerback in the nation.
 10 months ago '13        #4534
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: All Commitments Locked In For An Official

Florida State has 18 total commitments.

Now all 18 are locked into an official visit to Tallahassee.

Havelock (N.C.) four-star outside linebacker Keion Joyner confirmed to Noles247.com on Thursday afternoon that he will officially visit his future home on the weekend of Jan. 29th.

Joyner committed to FSU over LSU immediately after the Under Armour All-America Game.

He is solid in that pledge. His commitment was due directly to his relationship with area recruiter Brad Lawing.

His official visit will be his first trip to Tallahassee.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Joyner as the No. 208 prospect overall and No. 14 outside linebacker.
 10 months ago '13        #4535
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Graham Checks On RB In Atlanta

Noles247 has learned Florida State a.ssistant coach Jay Graham was in Marietta (GA) today to check on Sprayberry high school four-star running back Trey Sermon.

Florida State will likely sign two to three backs in the 2017 class. Sermon has not been offered yet, but he’s a prospect the staff is high on.
 10 months ago '13        #4536
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Official Visits Preview: Big Weekend For FSU

Florida State is expected to host at least nine official visitors this weekend. Several visitors are solid commitments while others are uncommitted or committed elsewhere.

Notes: Kyle Meyers has been committed to Florida State since a summer camp visit in June. Meyers is a firm pledge. He continues to draw interest from others, primarily Ole Miss. FSU is his only scheduled official visit. The Seminoles view Meyers as a versatile cornerback. He has stayed in regular contact with defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and area recruiter Randy Sanders.

Notes: Baveon Johnson, who committed back in March, is a firm commitment to Florida State. Alabama was able to get him to take an official visit last weekend, but he has re-affirmed that he is done with the process and intends to sign with the Seminoles. Johnson is a massive body in the middle of the offensive line. He is an elite center. He has stayed in regular contact with offensive line coach Rick Trickett and area recruiter Odell Haggins.

Notes: Jamel Cook has been committed to Florida State back in February of 2015. While he considers himself a solid pledge, he has flirted plenty with others in January. He took an official visit to Louisville last weekend. LSU, who may get an official next weekend, has also been in the picture. Miami, USC and others are also trying to get into the mix. FSU will look to seal up his commitment and end the process this weekend. Cook is a versatile athlete that likely ends up playing a safety role in college. He has maintained regular contact with area recruiter Tim Brewster throughout the process.

Notes: Raekwon Davis is a massive defensive tackle at 6-foot-6.5, 327 pounds. He is a long-time Alabama commitment who is currently a bit up in the air. Last weekend, during an official visit to Mississippi State, conflicting reports surfaced on whether he had flipped to the Bulldogs or remained committed to the Crimson Tide. Florida State will take their shot this weekend. They had Davis in for an unofficial visit back in September and contact has been regular between Davis and area recruiter Tim Brewster since. FSU will take their shot at a special talent this weekend. Davis' recruitment is going to likely feature more twists and turns between now and when he puts ink to paper.

Notes: Jonathan Kongbo is considered the top junior college prospect in the nation. He is a top defensive end target for the Seminoles. Defensive ends coach Brad Lawing has spearheaded his recruitment and secured an official visit after visiting with Kongbo this week. Kongbo, who began his college career at Wyoming, has three years to play three at the next level. He committed to Tennessee after an official visit earlier in the process and the Volunteers remain a contender despite him backing off that pledge. Alabama, who is set to host him next weekend, is also considered a top contender. Ole Miss and Oregon State have also gotten official visits. Washington is also considered a top contender. A final decision likely won't come until on or near National Signing Day.

Notes: Keith Gavin is a former Florida State pledge. He backed off that commitment in late August, but the Seminoles never faded from the picture with him. The main contender to FSU is Alabama, where Gavin officially visited last weekend. Gavin has remained pretty quiet on a leader between the two schools throughout the process. It is considered a tight race. Gavin has been FSU's top receiver target throughout the process. He has been personally recruited by Jimbo Fisher while also drawing interest from wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey as well as co-offensive coordinator Randy Sanders. A final decision is expected on National Signing Day.

Notes: Keyshawn Young, aka Pie, is a prospect that Florida State was heavily involved with early in the process and then backed off of, due in part to position, wide receiver, and numbers. Young is capable of playing on either side of the ball and is being recruited as an athlete by FSU. Whether or not he is a clear-cut take entering the visit isn't clear, but area recruiter Tim Brewster has always been high on Young. Young has previously taken official visits to Louisville and Michigan. He wants to see Alabama and USC in the next 10 days as well. As things stand right now, the biggest question with Pie is where he could commit to at this moment.

Notes: Clifford Chattman is a relatively new name on the board for Florida State. Area recruiter Randy Sanders went in-home last week and locked up an official visit. Sanders, along with defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and head coach Jimbo Fisher, returned to his home this week for another visit. FSU is competing with Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas A&M for Chattman. He is being recruited by the Seminoles as a safety. If Jamel Cook were to head elsewhere, his importance grows with the Seminoles. He may be a take regardless. He isn't expected to decide until after all of his officials. He has seen all of his favorites except for the Seminoles and Aggies. He visits Texas A&M next weekend. There are no Crystal Ball predictions for him at this time.

Notes: Stephon Taylor has been recruited by Florida State for the past year. He has maintained an interest in the Seminoles dating back to a junior day visit in February of 2015. He has maintained contact with area recruiter Randy Sanders throughout the process. LSU, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas are other schools in the mix. He has officially visited the Sooners and Longhorns and is set to see the Gamecocks next weekend. Texas is currently the school surging in his recruitment, due in part to LSU being on the verge of filling up at the position with a pending commitment, but the Seminoles and Gamecocks are both going to get a fair shot in the next two weeks.
 10 months ago '13        #4537
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers No.1 Center For 2017

Junior center Cesar Ruiz (Bradenton, Fla./IMG Academy) took to Twitter indicating Florida State offered.

Blessed to have received my 19th scholarship offer from Florida State University #GoNolespic.twitter.com/tU7CchQ5Lf

The Crystal Ball reads 78-percent for Michigan and 22-percent for North Carolina.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 1 center in the 2017 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4538
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Shavar Manuel Talked With Jimbo Fisher Today

According to Bradenton (Fla.) four-star defensive tackle Shavar Manuel, Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher, a.ssistant coaches Lawrence Dawsey and Brad Lawing met with Manuel for about an hour today at IMG Academy.

Manuel, who is committed to UF, will be on FSU's campus next weekend when he takes his official visit. Manuel will official visit UF this weekend.

On Thursday, Manuel and the coaches talked about FSU's need on the defensive line.

"I had a good talk with coach Jimbo and coach Dawsey," Manuel added. "I was a little surprised coach Jimbo still had a lot of love for me. With everything that's gone on, that I'm committed to UF, it was good to see."

Manuel says he's firmly committed to UF, but will take his official visit to FSU next weekend with an "open mind".
 10 months ago '13        #4539
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU LB Commit Set For Louisville Trip

Louisville will try to switch Florida State LB commit Emmett Rice.

Rice will make an official visit with the Cardinals, who are actively recruiting outside backers, this weekend.

Ranked the No. 26 OLB by 247Sports, Rice has already made visits to FSU and West Virginia.

Rice appears one of the Cardinals top targets at the OLB position, along with Lackawanna College standout Kapri Doucet, who visited Louisville last weekend. Doucet visits Oklahoma this weekend and plans to announce his decision next week after his visit to Norman.

Home visits went well this week now it's time for Louisville tomorrow
 10 months ago '13        #4540
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Breaking: Kongbo Drops Washington, Drops 4

In one of the more twisty-turny recruiting stories for the year, Jonathan Kongbo has eliminated Washington and Alabama and even Oregon off his list...

In order to favor Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida State, and USC.

#VFL #f!ghtOn #NOLES #HottyToddy
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy