Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '13        #4501
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 317 317
Chattman Has A Top Four

New Orleans (La.) McDonogh 35 three-star safety Clifford Chattman tweeted a top four on Monday afternoon.

pic.twitter.com/TOvIqwx3bS

He does not claim a favorite at this time.

Chattman is coming off an official visit to Arizona. He is expected to see Florida State and Texas A&M over the next two weekends.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has no predictions.

Chattman is ranked as the No. 44 athlete in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4502
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Recruiting Scoop

Here's What I Got:

It is fair at this point to call it a three-team race for Trayvon Mullen. Clemson made a move over the weekend when they hosted the four-star cornerback. Basically, their pitch was a simple one, come in, play early, replace Mackensie Alexander. Clemson still has work to do to overtake FSU and LSU.

Four-star defensive end Terrell Hall has not eliminated Florida State, despite a tweet that stated, via symbols, Terps vs. Tide. He expects Brad Lawing by again this week.

As of today, Amir Rasul is set to see North Carolina this weekend. January 29th isn't locked in, it could be USC, but a source tells Noles247 that the FSU staff is expecting him to visit Tallahassee that weekend. Miami is also trying to make a push on their former pledge.

Earlier today Chris Nee reported defensive tackle target Stephon Taylor will visit Florida State this weekend as scheduled. Taylor told Nee he expects Jimbo Fisher and Odell Haggins.

Its not only unclear who defensive tackle Raekwon Davis is actually committed, its also unclear if hell visit FSU this weekend. As of now Im told the visit is still on. A source tells me his mother contacted the FSU staff last night to tell them her son had not made a final decision and the plan is to still visit FSU this weekend. Ill be watching the situation closely as we head to the end of the week.

I expect Florida State to visit with Jayvaughn Myers and Nate Craig-Myers this week. FSU is still working on bringing them in on the weekend of the 29th. As of now theyre both slated to visit Ole Miss that weekend. Well be watching to see if theres any movement with that after FSU goes in-home.

The in-home visit went well with four-star safety commitment Jamel Cook last week. Im told Florida State is expecting him to take an official visit, Im looking into whether or not an exact date has been set. Cook is scheduled to see USC this weekend and LSU the weekend of the 29th. I have reason to believe that has changed and will report it once I speak with Cook. Hes currently returning from his official visit to Louisville today.

As reported by a Jacksonville newspaper, defensive tackle Zurial Davis scored a 21 on his ACT. Im told FSU is going by his school later this week to check on his academics. It seems theres still a concern that hes not going to qualify. Ill know more later in the week.

Things remain status quo with prep offensive line commitment Mike Arnold. He did not early enroll, but hes still committed. Im told hes going to sign with FSU in February and enroll in June.

I feel Florida State is the team to beat for cornerback Carlos Becker. I also said that prior to the weekend.

I still feel confident in my Crystal Ball prediction on linebacker Dontavious Jackson to Florida State.
 11 months ago '13        #4503
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Top Remaining LB Target Names Final Schools

Florida State's top remaining linebacker target, four-star inside linebacker Dontavious Jackson of Houston (Texas) Alief Elsik, named his final schools on Monday.

February 3rd. #Blessed pic.twitter.com/bDdz9dMTDD

FSU dropped in on Jackson this past Thursday. Tim Brewster is leading the charge for the Seminoles with the 6-foot-2, 239-pound linebacker.

Jackson has already officially visited the Seminoles. He went to Florida this past weekend. He has also seen Michigan and UCLA. He plans to officially visit Alabama this weekend. An unofficial visit or visits may occur before his expected National Signing Day announcement.

Texas also remains in the hunt, and is considered the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball favorite.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Jackson as the No. 121 player in the nation and No. 6 inside linebacker.
 11 months ago '13        #4504
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
South Carolina Offers Peach State DT

South Carolina has offered Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett class of 2017 defensive tackle Emmanuel McNeil. The 6-foot-3, 280 pounder is originally from the Palmetto State and the Gamecocks should be a factor with him going forward. He also has offers from Florida, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State and others.

Special teams coordinator Coleman Hutzler will be his recruiter of record for South Carolina.
 11 months ago '13        #4505
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Florida State Trending For Four Star Offensive Lineman

Florida State is trending up for four-star offensive tackle Jauan Williams of Archbishop Carroll in Washington (D.C.).

The Seminoles have captured 29 percent of the 247Sports Crystal Ball votes for Williams, just below the 36 percent for Maryland and tied with the 29 percent for Alabama. But recently, those picks have gone the ‘Noles’ way, with the last four picks coming in Florida State, including two selections on Monday.

Williams visited Florida State on Dec. 11 and took a visit to Texas A&M over the weekend, though the Aggies haven’t picked up any 247Sports Crystal Ball picks of yet.

Williams, who plans to announce on National Signing Day, is the No. 15 offensive tackle and No. 152 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4506
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU Visiting With 4 Star Pledge

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher, as well as co-offensive coordinator and area recruiter Randy Sanders, are expected for a visit with New Orleans (La.) Holy Cross four-star cornerback Kyle Meyers on Monday.

Meyers is a solid pledge to the Seminoles. He is set to officially visit this coming weekend.

The 6-foot, 170-pound cornerback is ranked No. 271 overall and as the No. 28 cornerback by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4507
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Five Star Burns Goes In Depth

Defensive end Brian Burns (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) said Georgia, Florida and Florida State are tied following his first official visit, to Georgia, over the weekend.

Burns said he still plans to visit Florida this weekend and Florida State January 29.

Burns said he "may" take an official visit to Alabama mid-week next week. He said his mother is currently setting that up.

The Crystal Ball reads 75-percent for Florida, 17-percent for Georgia and eight-percent for Miami.

"Georgia and FSU were always the top two for me, but Florida stepped it up and made a push," Burns explained. "(Gators linebackers) coach (Randy) Shannon is a guy I like talking to. I'm comfortable with him and I've made a bond there. FSU is very faithful. None of their coaches are leaving. Plus they are on the come up."

Miami recently hired Burns' high school coach, Mike Rumph, but the defensive end said he doesn't plan to officially visit the Hurricanes.

He arrived at Georgia Friday with his family.

"Georgia impressed me more than I thought it would," Burns said. "I had the same love for it as I had before."

Georgia led for Burns from this summer to late this fall.

Former Plantation, Fla./American Heritage standout, Bulldogs running back Sony Michel, hosted Burns.

"I like the way the players bonded," Burns said. "I like how the coaches treat the players."

Burns met with new Georgia coach Kirby Smart in his office before exiting.

"He told me how he needs pass rushers," Burns said. "He said that's a top priority. He said if I do go to Georgia be ready to work because I would have an early impact."

The four-star prospect is ranked as the nation's No. 5 weakside defensive end and the No. 13 overall recruit in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 01-18-2016 at 10:49 PM..
 11 months ago '13        #4508
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Lawing Drops In On No.1 JUCO

Florida State defensive ends and outside linebackers coach Brad Lawing dropped in on Yuma (Ariz.) Arizona Western College four-star strong-side defensive end Jonathan Kongbo on Monday.

Good to see @CoachLawing from Florida State today, I call him the "professor" pic.twitter.com/Z61BJEeIQ7

FSU offered Kongbo in mid-December and has been working to earn an official visit ever since.

The former Tennessee pledge recently cut his list to eight, including the Seminoles. The other seven teams to make the cut were Alabama, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee, USC and Washington.

He has used official visits to Ole Miss, Oregon State and Tennessee. Alabama is scheduled to host him this upcoming weekend. A fifth and final official visit has yet to be scheduled.

The Crimson Tide have taken over as the Crystal Ball leader for the 6-foot-5.5, 264-pound defensive end.

The Wyoming transfer has three years to play his final three seasons. He is rated as the No. 1 junior college prospect in the nation by 247Sports.com.
 11 months ago '13        #4509
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Brewster Makes Two Important Visits In South Florida

Noles247 has learned Florida State a.ssistant coach Tim Brewster made two stops in South Florida today. He was down there to visit with four-star running back commitment Amir Rasul and three-star athlete Keyshawn Young.

Rasul is committed to Florida State, but is coming off of an official visit weekend to Alabama. Rasul did not flip during his trip to Tuscaloosa and FSU made a point to see him the day after he returned. Rasul will visit UNC this weekend. We are hearing that he'll likely visit FSU the weekend of the 29th, but that is not set in stone. USC and Miami are also working to get him to visit that weekend as well.

Young is coming off of a visit to Louisville and has an official visit set to Florida State this coming weekend. It's unclear exactly what position FSU is recruiting Young to play. A source tells us the staff likes him at various positions and is a "dynamic weapon".
 11 months ago '13        #4510
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Ball Talks Official, Future Spot, and More

Fredricksburg (Va.) Stafford four-star offensive tackle Josh Ball has been to Florida State on multiple occasions. This past weekend though, for his official visit, was the best time yet.

"Visit was amazing," Ball said.

Ball was hosted on the visit by redshirt freshman center Alec Eberle. He also spent time with early enrollee Andrew Boselli as well as other visitors, including kicker Logan Tyler.

Throughout the weekend of learning about academics, athletics and general student life, Ball's favorite moment was during a relaxed evening spent at Jimbo Fisher's home.

"The highlight of my visit would be going to Coach Fisher's house for the amazing desserts after dinner and just having a great time playing with his two sons," Ball said.

Some business was also discussed on the visit for the 6-foot-7, 300-pound lineman. Among the topics of discussion with offensive line coach Rick Trickett was where he will line up when he arrives at FSU over the summer.

"Right tackle most specifically, but you know he likes his guys versatile," Ball said.

Ball also stated that the staff shared an optimistic outlook on the future of the program.

"Coach Trickett and the entire coaching staff are predicting big things in the future for the Seminoles," Ball said. "Coach Fisher had the same message (as Trickett)."

FSU was Ball's second official visit. He had previously been to N.C. State. He was scheduled to see Virginia this upcoming weekend, but that visit now appears unlikely to occur.

"I most likely will not be taking any other official visits," Ball said.

Ball is satisfied with his choice and this past weekend only reinforced the decision he made over the summer.

"I'm 100% a Seminole," Ball said.

According to Ball, Fisher and Trickett are expected to go in-home with him on Wednesday.

Ball is ranked No. 210 overall and as the No. 21 offensive tackle in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4511
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Dawgs Meet With Five Star Lineman

Offensive lineman Landon d!ckerson (Hudson, N.C./South Caldwell) met with Georgia a.ssistant coaches Sam Pittman and Shane Beamer this afternoon in-home.

d!ckerson, a five-star recruit by 247sports.com, thought the meeting went well.

"Coach Pittman is very bright and I liked everything he said," d!ckerson said. "Coach Beamer was real cool, too. It was good to get to know them."

d!ckerson is still undecided if he will visit Georgia or Tennessee officially January 29.

He officially visited Florida this past weekend and still plans to officially visit Alabama this weekend.

He's already also officially visited Auburn and Florida State.

d!ckerson said Auburn will be by his house Wednesday. He expects Florida, Alabama and Florida State to come in Thursday.

Tennessee and Florida State are still tied on top.

The Crystal Ball reads 55-percent for Florida State, 27-percent for Virginia Tech, nine-percent for Auburn and nine-percent for Tennessee.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 5 offensive tackle and the No. 2 prospect in North Carolina in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4512
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Brewster In North Philly To See Upshur

Florida State tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator Tim Brewster is due to see Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep Institute four-star tight end commitment Naseir Upshur on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-2, 233-pound tight end is scheduled to officially visit the Seminoles on the weekend of Jan. 29th.

He is a solid commitment to FSU.

Upshur is ranked No. 138 overall and as the No. 4 tight end in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 10 months ago '13        #4513
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Five Programs Stockpiling The Most Defensive Firepower For NSD

The rich get richer this time of year, a harsh reality for mid-range programs struggling to differentiate themselves from the haves and have nots in college football.

The 2016 class is no different, a group loaded premier defensive talent programs deem necessary to combat fast-paced, spread offenses. Out of the 32 five-stars prospects in the final Top 247 ranking, 19 are on the defensive side of the ball including seven with the edge-rusher label.

Top 247 linebacker Keandre Jones was one of three sought-after prospects who committed to Ohio State on Monday, a memorable day for the Buckeyes who saw their class rise to No. 1 in the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings.

Jones was Urban Meyer's seventh defensive commit, a group headlined by five-star end Nick Bosa and four-star early enrollee Jonathon Cooper, the top prospect from Ohio.

Rashan Gary (6-5, 290, Paramus, N.J.) and Derrick Brown (6-4, 317, Buford, Ga.), the two remaining uncommitted defenders inside the national Top 10, are trending for Michigan and Georgia, respectively. Gary is the nation's top player overall according to the 247Sports Composite,

Based on the 247Sports Composite Rating for defensive commits or early enrollees, let's take a look at the nation's top incoming classes on defense two weeks out from National Signing Day:

LSU — 11 players (0.9343 average)
Ohio State — 7 players (0.9222)
Florida State — 8 players (.9216)
Ole Miss — 8 players (.8904)
Michigan — 9 players (.8710)

It's no surprise that Les Miles and the Tigers have loaded up on defense, a program strength over the last decade. Headlined by early enrollee-gems Saivion Smith (CB; Bradenton, Fla.) and Michael Divinity (OLB; Marrero, La.), the nation's top-ranked defensive class could look even more impressive on NSD if the Tigers can lure primary target Rashard Lawrence, Louisiana's No. 1 player overall who will announce his decision on Friday.

Miles will stop in to see Lawrence this week for a last-minute conversation before the announcement.
 10 months ago '13        #4514
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Lawing Heading To Check On DE

Florida State defensive ends and outside linebackers coach Brad Lawing is set to make his way to Washington (D.C.) St. John's College on Thursday to check in on four-star weak-side defensive end Terrell Hall.

Lawing last saw Hall this past Thursday. FSU also saw him twice in December, including a visit with head coach Jimbo Fisher.

Hall also took his official visit to FSU in December.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound defensive end has also taken official visits to Florida and Maryland. He is set to see Alabama this weekend and then head to Ole Miss the following weekend for his final visit.

The Crimson Tide is considered the favorite at this time, but Maryland has made a run since changing over the coaching staff in College Park. FSU is also thought to be in the thick of it.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Hall as the No. 79 prospect overall and No. 6 weak-side defensive end.
 10 months ago '13        #4515
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Muschamp Visits Rudolph

Rock Hill (S.C.) Northwestern class of 2017 three-star defensive end/tight end Logan Rudolph received a school visit from South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp and running backs coach Bobby Bentley recently and is looking forward to learning more about the program.

“Everything went well.” the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Rudolph said. “I plan to go to Columbia on January 30 for South Carolina's basketball game, and we will talk more then.”

Rudolph likes what Muschamp brings to the table.

“He's a great coach and seems energetic about the Gamecocks’ future. I am looking forward learning more on my visit.”

Rudolph has a list of other schools he plans to visit.

“Florida, Florida State, Southern Cal, Ole Miss, and Tennessee.”

He knows what he is looking for in a school.

“Building a relationship with the coaches and learning as much as I can about each place. I plan to commit after my five official visits.”
 10 months ago '13        #4516
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU To Visit Top LB Target Tomorrow

The Florida State staff is expected to send a coach or two to Houston, Texas tomorrow to see four-star linebacker Dontavious Jackson. As we head down the stretch to Signing Day, Jackson has emerged as the top remaining linebacker target on the board for the Seminoles.

Jackson is set to take his last official visit this weekend and that will be to Alabama. He took his FSU official visit back in October for FSU's game against Miami. Jackson talked about taking an unofficial visit to FSU at the end of January, but as of now nothing has been scheduled.

The primary teams in the mix for Jackson are FSU, Texas, Alabama, Florida and Michigan.
 10 months ago '13        #4517
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
2017 Recruiting Going On Too

While much of the focus in January is on finishing the current class, it is also a time for the Florida State coaching staff to turn their attention towards the future.

Tuesday is a good example of that.

FSU co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey is in Jacksonville, Fla. He checked on Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy four-star wide receiver D.J. Matthews and five-star cornerback Shaun Wade. Matthews is a Seminole pledge while Wade is committed to Ohio State.

FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett is in the Orlando area. He already swung by Altamonte Springs (Fla.) Lake Brantley, which is home to three-star running back Trace Christian.
 10 months ago '13        #4518
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Fisher Checks On 2017 Duo

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher is working his way around the Lakeland (Fla.) area.

Among the prospects he checked on were a pair of 2017 standouts that the Seminoles have an interest in - four-star wide receiver James Robinson and four-star running back Anthony Davis.

Davis, a 5-foot-11, 190-pound running back, camped with FSU over the summer. He is ranked No. 100 overall and as the No. 7 running back in the 2017 class by the 247Sports.com Composite.

Robinson, a 6-foot-2, 190-pound wide receiver, is ranked No. 53 overall and as the No. 10 wide receiver in the 2017 class by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 10 months ago '13        #4519
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Former UT Commit Gets Another Visit From Vols

Four-star defensive end Jonathan Kongbo, a former Tennessee commitment from Arizona Western College in Yuma, Ariz., posted on his Twitter account that he received a visit from the Vols on Tuesday.

Kongbo, who's ranked the nation's No. 1 junior-college prospect in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class, tweeted a picture that showed him posing with new Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop and defensive line coach Steve Stripling.

"Good time with @UTCoachBobShoop and @UTCoachStrip today. #GBO," Kongbo tweeted.

He also received a visit from Vols running backs coach Robert Gillespie on Thursday, the first day coaches were allowed to be back on the road after the monthlong dead period for recruiting. Alabama coach Nick Saban and Florida State a.ssistant coach Brad Lawing went to see him Monday.

The 6-foot-5.5, 264-pound Kongbo decommitted from Tennessee on Jan. 5 after being committed to the Vols for more than a month. He named a top eight of Tennessee, Ole Miss, Alabama, USC, Washington, Oklahoma, Florida State and Oregon on Saturday and added that he "will be cutting it down to 5" sometime this week.

Alabama is scheduled to host him on an official visit this weekend.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Alabama as the favorite to land Kongbo, with the Crimson Tide getting 46 percent of the current predictions, Oregon getting 38 percent and 15 percent going to Washington.

Good time with @UTCoachBobShoop and @UTCoachStrip today. #GBO pic.twitter.com/ygoI2L6bfe
 10 months ago '13        #4520
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Fisher Visits With OL Commitment

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher, along with area recruiter Odell Haggins, visited with four-star center Baveon Johnson on Tuesday.

Johnson is a solid pledge to the Seminoles. He officially visited Alabama this past weekend. He is set to return to FSU this upcoming weekend for his official visit.

Johnson is ranked No. 39 overall and as the No. 1 center by the 247Sports.com Composite.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago