70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (3 bx goons and 3 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '13        #4421
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,514 | Props total: 364 364
Column: Walker's return a major victory for 2016

Recruiting is arguably the most crucial part of building a football team.

But it isn’t always about recruiting a high school prospect or someone from the junior college ranks, sometimes it is about recruiting the talent you already have on your roster to remain part of the team.

With that in mind, Jimbo Fisher got his biggest recruiting win for 2016 a little over a week into the new year.

Junior defensive end DeMarcus Walker decided against declaring for the NFL Draft on Friday. Instead making it clear that he wanted to return to Tallahassee for his senior season.

He is now one of the 17 returning starters for the Seminoles in 2016. But he may just be the most important one.

Walker brings ability to the field, that was exhibited during his strong junior campaign that saw him record 58 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks, five pass break ups, an interception and four forced fumbles. He anchored a talented defensive line group that now returns him alongside Josh Sweat, Derrick Nnadi, Demarcus Christmas and more.

You aren’t going to find a high school player to step in and give you that production. A junior college prospect isn’t likely to do so either.

But beyond those stats, Walker brings veteran leadership to a young team.

He has been at FSU for a National Championship. He has been there for a great deal of highs, but also a handful of lows. He has experienced nearly everything you can experience in a college career. He can now pass on those experiences to his younger teammates as he makes that question to finish his college career like he started it, with a National Championship.

Walker earned a great deal of praise from coaches and teammates this past season for how he led on the field with his play. He earned even more for how he led off of it. Walker isn’t loud, but he will speak up. He will walk into an offensive huddle just as quick as a defensive huddle if he feels something needs to be said.

Most of all, Walker has an undeniable desire to win. He wants to win every rep in practice. He wants to win every one-on-one in a game. He wants to win every game. Even in his best performances, he isn't ever satisfied. He is the embodiment of what Jimbo Fisher wants out of his players – a desire to be great.

Walker has dreams of NFL riches and success at the next level, but he also understands that those things can wait. He can help his current team while helping himself, increasing his draft stock with another productive season and guiding what should be an ultra-talented FSU defense.

So when the dust settles on that first Wednesday in February and FSU adds two-dozen new top-tier recruits, remember that Jimbo Fisher’s best recruiting win of 2016 likely already happened.
 11 months ago '13        #4422
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Four-star DB Brandon Burton unveils top three

Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra four-star safety Brandon Burton officially narrowed his list to three schools on Friday.

"I would like to thank all the coaches that have extended me an offer to their school," Burton said via a Twitter message. "Through tons of prayer, the three schools God has placed before me are: The University of Southern California #f!ghtOn, The University of California Los Angeles #BruinRevolution, and Florida State University #NoleNation.

"Once again, thank you to every school and everything you guys have done for me," Burton added in his message.

Top Three Alert Majorpic.twitter.com/nvOWon5eOt

Burton was on the verge of deciding at the Under Armour All-America Game at the start of the month but decided to delay his decision. At that time, he was expected to choose UCLA over FSU. Since that time, USC's new staff has re-affirmed his offer.

Burton has already officially visited FSU. He has one official remaining and may see UCLA or USC with that trip. The other school should receive an unofficial according to Burton, as well as potentially FSU receiving an unofficial visit.

A final decision from Burton is now expected closer to National Signing Day.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has USC (50%) leading UCLA (38%) and FSU (12%).

Burton is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 137 overall prospect and No. 6 safety.
 11 months ago '13        #4423
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Behind the scenes: Walker's decision

Cynthia Anthony said she hoped that her son, DeMarcus Walker, would return to Florida State in 2016. She left the decision to Walker but in the end was very happy.

"I always wanted him to finish out his schooling and go from there," Walker told Noles247 just a few minutes after Walker announced his plans Friday afternoon. "It was in his best interests. He’s close to his degree, so why not complete it and not have to worry about coming back to school?"

Anthony said that Walker spoke with coach Jimbo Fisher and defensive coaches about his options. But she said Walker's decision "wasn’t really difficult" and added "that was the best decision he ever made."

Walker, who had 58 tackles and 10.5 sacks in 2015, asked the NFL draft advisory committee for an evaluation. Anthony declined to say what the grade was, but said that analysis helped clarify Walker's choice.

"The decision was made right after we received the grading," Anthony said.

For Anthony, she is pleased to have the opportunity to make the drive from Jacksonville to Tallahassee on Saturdays to see Walker play his senior year. And she also plans to see a few of FSU's road games, including the opener against Ole Miss in Orlando on Labor Day.

Anthony felt that her son has clear goals for 2016 on and off the field, from earning his degree to leading the Seminoles as a senior.

"He always wanted to be a leader," Anthony said. "That was his goal to continue working on that. He just wanted to complete his senior year, wanted to go for another championship. He wanted to continue his success with playing ball for Florida State. And go out with his seniors on a good note."
 11 months ago '13        #4424
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Swift earns U.S Army National Combine MVP honors

SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The top performer during Friday’s U.S. Army National Combine was five-star running back D'Andre Swift, who will head back home with MVP honors.

The Philadelphia (Pa.) St. Joseph’s standout and No. 1 ranked all-purpose back in the country according to 247Sports was absolutely dominant in 1-on-1s.

RB D'Andre Swift. #ArmyCombine pic.twitter.com/7LeBYUknjj

Lining up in the backfield or in the slot, there wasn’t a linebacker that could cover Swift, who is a terrific route runner with soft hands.

Considering scholarship offers from the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State, the 5-foot-9, 204-pound Swift was not only the best pass catching running back on the day, he may have been the best receiver in attendance overall.

D'Andre Swift, showing at the Army National Combine why he is the No. 1 all-purpose back for 2017. pic.twitter.com/4gcHwt15xe

“It was just a great experience to come out and compete with the best players in the country,” Swift said.

Swift has participated inside the Alamo Dome in this event the last three years.

“Just the experience behind the Army Bowl, what people have done for our country, just a way to give back in some way,” Swift said of why he always returns.

Swift has been invited to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl next January.

“It’s a good feeling to have,” he said.
 11 months ago '15        #4425
Preacher Mane 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 4024 4024
So no Maguire this spring? We'll get to see Francois and Malik unleashed?
 11 months ago '15        #4426
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,685 | Props total: 1064 1064
From what I just saw FSU dodged a bullet. Felipe Franks sucks! Kid makes horrible decisions when under duress. Guys look good when everything is clicking but I like to look at a player when it's going bad & your down. I feel your true value is seen when things aren't going well. That's when you can see beyond the athleticism & see the football IQ.
 11 months ago '13        #4427
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Four Star WR Likes Everything About Vols

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — College coaches have been waiting for months to take a closer look at Princeton Fant once he has fully recovered from May surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

They might not have to wait much longer.

The four-star junior wide receiver from La Vergne (Tenn.) High School said he’s “about 85 percent right now” coming off his knee surgery in May, and several schools already have started to show interest in him in addition to the eight teams that have extended scholarship offers to him.

Fant admitted he’s “surprised myself” by how quickly he has bounced back from his injury.

“I healed back pretty fast. I’m happy,” said Fant, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 283 overall prospect and No. 40 wide receiver in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

The 6-foot-2, 202-pound Fant said he already has been cleared to run for “a while,” and it won’t be long before he’s back to full strength.

“I’ve been running routes,” he said. “They said I was ready at five months. They wanted me to wait a couple more months so I don’t go out and re-tear it or anything like that.”

He said “a lot” of colleges have been in contact with him over the past several months.

“Everybody pretty much said they want to see me in camps and jump, cut, do all that, and they’re going to offer me,” said Fant, who claims early offers from Tennessee, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Louisville, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Illinois and Western Kentucky.

Fant said he went to games at Tennessee, Florida State and Kentucky this season in addition to attending the Dec. 30 Music City Bowl between Texas A&M and Louisville.

Tennessee, which gave Fant his first offer almost a year ago, hosted him on a handful of visits last year. He said he was impressed by the atmosphere there during his most recent visit with the Vols for their Sept. 12 loss to Oklahoma.

“There was a lot of people,” he said. “It was loud, very hype. (I talked to the) coaching staff, talked to a couple players, and I liked it up there.

“We chilled with (freshman wide receiver) Jauan Jennings. We played against each other (in high school). He was saying he loved it. He was just telling me college really ain’t no different — just faster and more experience, and you’ve got to work your butt off.”

Fant said he has heard plenty from Tennessee coach Butch Jones’ staff — including linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen and wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni — over the past several months, and he likes “everything” about the Vols, including the fact that they “had a pretty good season” this year.

“I like the facilities and coaching staff, the fans — everything,” Fant said.

“They talk to me almost every day. They’re telling me they want me up there bad, and they want me to come up there and visit again and spend time with me and stuff like that.”

Ole Miss, he said, is among the teams that are “on me hard, too.”

“They’re telling me just the same thing as Tennessee,” Fant said of the Rebels. “They want me up there bad. They want me to come up there and spend time with them, visit and everything.”

He said Florida State, Southern California, LSU and Oklahoma are among the teams currently showing interest in him, and he’s “trying to get to LSU pretty soon.” He said he also has talked with Tennessee about attending one of its upcoming junior days.

It’s still early in the recruiting process for Fant, but he said he knows that he wants “to go to a place where i can start playing early.” And he’s in no hurry to decide on a college.

“I’ll probably wait it out ’til signing day,” he said.
 11 months ago '13        #4428
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Four programs in hot pursuit of 2017 five-star DT Marvin Wilson

SAN ANTONIO, Texas – He won’t play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl until one year from now, but the anticipation is already building up inside of five-star defensive tackle Marvin Wilson.

The nation’s fifth-ranked prospect overall and the top-ranked defensive tackle in the country in 2017, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, Wilson attended Saturday’s 2016 edition of the game where he was recognized on the field for his selection to next year’s game.

The 6-foot-5-inch, 320-pound Houston Bellaire Episcopal product was beaming at the thought of being able to showcase his talent in front of the country next year.

“Growing up I wanted to play in this game, my brother wanted me to play in the game,” Wilson said. “It’s about giving back to the troops. I like what the game stands for, so right off the bat I knew I was going to commit.”

What college Wilson is going to commit to is what the fans of the 20-plus schools to have offered him to this point want to know. When it comes to where the state’s top prospect in both the 247Sports Composite rankings and the 247Sports network rankings is going to focus his attention, conference affiliation is going to play a big role.

“I like the SEC schools, the ACC, the Pac-12,” Wilson said. “I’m trying to limit it to the conference I want to play in and I’m trying to see which conference I want to play in.”

Wilson doesn’t have any leaders standing out at the moment, but there are four schools (Texas, LSU, Florida State and Oklahoma) who are recruiting him harder than anyone else right now. Wilson told 247Sports inside the Alamodome during Saturday’s game about what makes each of those programs stand out.

Texas: “I like Texas a lot. I’m just waiting to see what type of year they have this year because they have all of the young guys who are starting to get experience. I want to see how they do next year.”

LSU: “Coach (Ed) Orgeron, I talk to him a lot and I try to keep a relationship with him. He recruits me very hard. He wants me to call him every other day just like any other coach, but he’s someone you want to surround yourself with. He’s very positive and he’s going to get after you.”

Florida State: “Coach (Odell) Haggins, he’s been there for a while. He knows the game and he's put guys in the league.”

Oklahoma: “They recruit me the hardest. They [direct message on Twitter] every morning. Every day they’re always on me.”

Being an elite prospect in a football-crazy major metro area like Houston, Wilson has become easily recognizable everywhere he goes. He already has strangers come up to him in public with knowledge of who he is and where he’s considering for his college choice, but Wilson is taking the attention of being one of the elite recruits in the state of Texas in stride.

“I have little kids coming up to me wanting to take pictures and get autographs and stuff like that,” Wilson said. “It’s a great feeling knowing that my hard work is starting to pay off and people are starting to take notice.”

When it comes to time for Wilson to pull the trigger and make his decision, allowing fans to a.ssociate him with one lucky program, there’s one thing atop of the list of things he’s looking for his college choice.

“They have to have structure,” Wilson said. “I come from a structured family. My mom is always on me. I want people to help me be accountable and not lead me the wrong way. I want to play at the next level, so somebody who’s going to help me get to the next level and help me with my education.”
 11 months ago '13        #4429
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Breakdown: FSU commits, targets in Army Bowl

The West beat the East 37-9 in the Army All-American Bowl.

Here is a look at stats for Florida State commitments and targets:

Offensive lineman Josh Ball played guard for the East.

Defensive end Janarius Robinson played, but recorded no stars.

Defensive end Brian Burns had two tackles and a pass breakup.

Defensive tackle Raekwon Davis had a tackle, which was a tackle for loss of one yard.

Linebacker Josh Brown, who worked at defensive end and was a captain for the East squad, had three tackles, a tackle for loss of six yards, a pass breakup, and a forced fumble.

Cornerback Trayvon Mullen played, but did not record any stats.

Safety Jamel Cook had four tackles.
 11 months ago '13        #4430
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Maguire to have surgery, will miss spring

Florida State quarterback Sean Maguire fractured his left ankle in the Peach Bowl on Dec. 31, a team source confirmed to Noles247.

The news was first reported by the Tallahassee Democrat.

Maguire will have surgery on the ankle and will miss FSU's spring practices, the source confirmed, leaving the quarterback competition wide open but giving experience to three underclassmen. Without Maguire, FSU will have three scholarship quarterbacks this spring: JJ Cosentino, Deondre Francois and early enrollee Malik Henry.

He hurt the ankle while rolling right to throw late in the first quarter against Houston. Maguire returned to the game with the left foot heavily wrapped after missing two full drives midway through the second quarter of FSU's loss to Houston. He finished the game with 392 passing yards and two touchdowns but also tossed four interceptions.

Maguire threw for 1,520 yards, 11 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2015. He completed 59.3 percent of his passes and will be a redshirt senior in the fall.

Coach Jimbo Fisher will now focus on evaluating three underclassmen quarterbacks this spring.

Cosentino will be the only FSU quarterback this spring with college game experience, completing just 5 of 10 passes for 27 yards in 2015. He was 1 of 4 passing for 5 yards and was sacked twice while filling in for Maguire in the Peach Bowl.

Francois was a 247Sports four-star prospect in the class of 2015. He spent his redshirt season running the scout team and made a favorable impression on Fisher and his teammates.

Henry, a 247Sports four-star, enrolled at FSU in the last few days and will use the spring to get a jump on academics while participating in practices with the Seminoles. He threw for 1,410 yards, 16 touchdowns and one interception in seven games as a senior at Long Beach (California) Poly.

FSU has not set a date to begin spring practice. The spring game will be held on April 9 at 5 p.m. in Orlando's Citrus Bowl due to renovations at Doak Campbell Stadium.
 11 months ago '13        #4431
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
From what I just saw FSU dodged a bullet. Felipe Franks sucks! Kid makes horrible decisions when under duress. Guys look good when everything is clicking but I like to look at a player when it's going bad & your down. I feel your true value is seen when things aren't going well. That's when you can see beyond the athleticism & see the football IQ.
Franks needs to develop some anyways. He wasn't gonna play for a few years anyways if he came to Tally. But, I'm glad we got Malik Henry instead of him when we were initially starting the process after their sophomore year. I would taken Henry, Eason or Costello. Patterson is gonna be a good QB, along with Peters at Michigan but others are looking like projects. So, I'm glad we ended up with who we did. I'd say either Malik or Deondre will start next yr. My $ is on Francois due to him having a yr of studying the Offense.
 11 months ago '15        #4432
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Semeautomatic said:
Franks needs to develop some anyways. He wasn't gonna play for a few years anyways if he came to Tally. But, I'm glad we got Malik Henry instead of him when we were initially starting the process after their sophomore year. I would taken Henry, Eason or Costello. Patterson is gonna be a good QB, along with Peters at Michigan but others are looking like projects. So, I'm glad we ended up with who we did. I'd say either Malik or Deondre will start next yr. My $ is on Francois due to him having a yr of studying the Offense.
Even though he's a bit of a project I liked what I saw outta that kid Jawon Pass. He made some smart plays for the short time he was in. I'll have to watch more film on Eason. His line didn't do him any favors but I still wasn't impressed. Now Patterson, that kid is going to cause problems. Costello was nice too but I feel we got the crown jewel when it comes to QB's. I love MH ball placement. Somewhat reminds of how I looked at Jameis when he was a recruit. W/ JW I just knew it. He was a full 10 when it comes to talent. MH I'd say is about a 8 1/2. WR recruits are going to be waiting on an offer to have a chance to play w/ MH or DF.
 11 months ago '15        #4433
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
Did anyone ever figure out what happened w/ MOW? I figured he'd be gone for a while like usual but then pop back up.
 11 months ago '13        #4434
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
Did anyone ever figure out what happened w/ MOW? I figured he'd be gone for a while like usual but then pop back up.
I never figured out what happened to him. Rumor was he got banned and maybe he did. I don't know what for but I miss dudes insight be bought to thread. He has some info and connects to the program I don't have. But, would like to see the guy back soon
 11 months ago '13        #4435
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Four Star DB Cook Talks Miami

SAN ANTONIO, Fla. — Four-star Miami Central defensive back Jamel Cook knows what he is looking for in his future school.

Cook, who is committed to Florida State, is looking for the school that can help him get to the NFL quickly.

He plans to visit Miami or Louisville on January 15th and anytime he visits any school, Cook is hoping to learn about the opportunity to play early.

“I want to see where I would be on the depth chart and would I be able to come in and start as a true freshman,” Cook said.

Miami just hired former American Heritage coach Mike Rumph as cornerbacks coach. Cook admits he is not familiar with Rumph as this stage.

“I don’t know much about coach Rumph,” Cook said. “I don’t know him. I would just go down there and see what he has to say.”

Cook admits he is impressed with Rumph’s path to the NFL from Miami.

“That is what I am trying to do,” Cook said. “I am trying to start as a true freshman and go three-and-out to the pros.”

One factor that Cook admits helps Miami as they recruit him is the close proximity to home.

“Yeah that helps them,” Cook said. “My parents would be able to come see me play every week. I know it would feel like home because it is in Miami.”

Cook says his family is not pressuring him to stay close to home.

“They let the decision be on me,” Cook said. “They don’t want to make the decision for me. They want me to make the best decision.”

Cook is also looking to take a visit to Southern California. He discussed how strong his commitment is to Florida State.

“I am solid,” Cook said of his pledge to the Seminoles.

Cook is a four-star prospect according to 247Sports.com. He ranks as the No. 85 overall player in the country.
 11 months ago '15        #4436
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
From what I saw today there's no way in hell Jamel Cook starts for any top D1 school as a true freshmen. He has a lot to learn. He was out of position a lot. I know it's an allstar game & he's working a system he hasn't had a lot of time to learn but his play didn't scream I have to have this kid. If he wants to go to the nfl quickly he needs to learn how to really play safety. He's not playing corner in college. If he wants to reach the nfl in 3yrs, he's gonna have to put in a ton of work & dedication.
 11 months ago '13        #4437
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
From what I saw today there's no way in hell Jamel Cook starts for any top D1 school as a true freshmen. He has a lot to learn. He was out of position a lot. I know it's an allstar game & he's working a system he hasn't had a lot of time to learn but his play didn't scream I have to have this kid. If he wants to go to the nfl quickly he needs to learn how to really play safety. He's not playing corner in college. If he wants to reach the nfl in 3yrs, he's gonna have to put in a ton of work & dedication.
They said he had one of the best weeks at the Army Game overall (including practices), but he won't start day 1 freshman yr. He may start toward the end of the year once he learns the system. FSU is looking for him to come in and play the star position and possibly move him to safety down the line or possible move him to LB if he gets too big. But, the way things are looking he may never step foot in Tally at all. Maybe he's just enjoying the process and the free trips.
 11 months ago '15        #4438
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Semeautomatic said:
They said he had one of the best weeks at the Army Game overall (including practices), but he won't start day 1 freshman yr. He may start toward the end of the year once he learns the system. FSU is looking for him to come in and play the star position and possibly move him to safety down the line or possible move him to LB if he gets too big. But, the way things are looking he may never step foot in Tally at all. Maybe he's just enjoying the process and the free trips.
I think he will end up in Tally. He's living it up & enjoying the process. Free trips & food, if it were me I'd enjoy it too. He knows if he shows no interest the schools won't pay any attention to him. Also he seems like the type that likes attention. He's not as bad as some previous recruits FSU has had to deal w/ but he def likes attention. He'll make us sweat a little but he'll be a Nole. These last 2 seasons puts him in our hand w/ the amount of freshmen we've played once they had the system down. He already sees that. He didn't play horrible but there's still a lot to fix. Injury & depth issues are the only way he starts as a true freshman.
 11 months ago '06        #4439
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
T. Mullin is trashhhhhhhhhhhhhj
 11 months ago '15        #4440
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
 DEDOS said:
T. Mullin is trashhhhhhhhhhhhhj
Damn man where ya been? You're actually one rival I fuk w/.
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago