Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '13        #4401
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 352 352
How High Could Aguayo Be Drafted?

Very few college kickers opt to leave school early. But then again there aren't many like Roberto Aguayo.

The last kicker to be drafted in the top 100 was second-round pick Mike Nugent in 2005. And the last first-round draft pick was Sebastian Janikowski in 2000.

Aguayo, who declared early for the NFL draft on Wednesday morning, finished his Florida State career with 405 points converting on all 198 extra point opportunities and 69-of-78 field goal chances. How does Aguayo project in the 2016 NFL Draft?

"He can kick for distance," CBSSports.com NFL draft analyst Dane Brugler said. "Very good lift off his foot. He’s very comfortable within 55 yards. Very confident. That’s the big question: where will he be drafted? But with the emphasis on extra points being longer and with so many games in the NFL come down to a field goal or something like that, for Aguayo he will be the top kicker."

Brugler ranks Aguayo as the No. 65 overall draft prospect -- putting him either at the end of the second round or early in the third round. ESPN.com's Mel Kiper and Brugler list Aguayo as the No. 1 kicker.

While some teams may feel it would be early to take a kicker in the first few rounds, it's hard to argue with the results of kickers like Nugent and Janikowski. Nugent has made 213 of 263 career field-goal attempts (81 percent), while Janikowski has made 385 of 480 career field-goal attempts (80 percent).
 11 months ago '13        #4402
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Is Florida State Back In It With Jared Mayden?

Sachse (Texas) cornerback Jared Mayden decommitted from Oregon Wednesday, tweeting that he would journey to find his “right fit.”

Thankful for everything Oregon has done for me. But I am decommiting. pic.twitter.com/29DZxhPHIj

Could Oregon’s loss be Florida State’s gain? The 6-foot-1 Mayden is scheduled to visit FSU on Jan. 15. The Seminoles, who have a commitment from the Nos. 1 and 24 cornerbacks in the 247Sports Composite, Levonta Taylor and Kyle Meyers, respectively, are in the market for another top corner. If it isn’t Mayden, the Seminoles are also in the final five of Trayvon Mullen, the No. 3 corner in the Composite.

Mayden is currently ranked as the No. 10 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4403
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Dates locked in for Gavin

Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla four-star wide receiver Keith Gavin is set to take a pair of official visits in January to his two finalists - Alabama and Florida State.

After a conversation with FSU on Wednesday, both of those dates are locked in according to Gavin's mother.

He will see the Crimson Tide on the weekend of January 15th.

He will see the Seminoles on the weekend of January 22nd.

Recent Update: FSU-Alabama battle for Gavin

A final decision is expected after the visits, but a specific date for announcing hasn't been locked in.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has Alabama leading FSU 59-41.

Gavin is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 127 overall prospect and No. 22 wide receiver.
 11 months ago '13        #4404
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Sorry to bombard y'all with a lot of updates but I've been sick & working a lot lately trying to make this money so I can apply to grad school (at FSU btw (my number one choice). Hope y'all enjoy the updates! A lot of good info above!
 11 months ago '08        #4405
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,015 | Props total: 166 166
Don't apologize, we greatly appreciate it brodie!! Keep up the great work!
 11 months ago '14        #4406
PSLNOLE 
space
space
space
$8 | Props total: 7 7
 Semeautomatic said:
Sorry to bombard y'all with a lot of updates but I've been sick & working a lot lately trying to make this money so I can apply to grad school (at FSU btw (my number one choice). Hope y'all enjoy the updates! A lot of good info above!
Thanks for the updates. The next couple months are going to be real interesting.
 11 months ago '13        #4407
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Nation's No. 1 RB checks in at Army Combine

SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The first player to check in Thursday morning for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl National Combine may be the best player.

Philadelphia (Pa.) St. Joseph’s five-star running back D’Andre Swift.

Swift shined at this event last year and the junior looks to take home top player honors from Friday’s combine inside the Alamo Dome. He is ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 1 running back in the 2017 class and the No. 18 player overall.

Up to 24 offers, Swift plans to take the recruiting process beyond his senior season. Early in the process he continues to connect with a few programs.

“Florida State, Clemson, Penn State, Alabama, Michigan, Michigan State,” Swift reeled off a few schools he has high interest in.

Over the spring and summer Swift said “Clemson, FSU and Alabama” were three he’d like to visit.

Alabama: Swift noted that he grew up a fan of Alabama.

“They produce so many good players in the NFL and their players are never in trouble and down to business and Coach Saban keeps all the players on track.”

Clemson: “Just the way they said they’re going to use me, put me in the slot and at running back, putting me in space, and it’s a great school academically as well.”

Florida State: “Coach Brewster the recruiting coach came, talked to me, said I could replace Dalvin (Cook). Everything he says has been nice.”

Swift added that Seminoles 2016 commit and Pennsylvania native Naseir Upshur talks to him all the time about joining him in Tallahassee.

“I’ve always been happy about the Noles, happy about all my offers.”

Penn State is the early 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for Swift.

“Just the coaches, especially Coach (Josh) Gattis and Coach (Charles) Huff, real down-to-earth guys. Coach Huff the running backs coach I had a connection with him instantly.”

Swift did not take any visits during the fall. He believes Oregon could be next to offer in the spring. He added he is still learning about schools like the Spartans and Wolverines.
 11 months ago '13        #4408
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Walker's decision now has a timeline

Florida State junior defensive end DeMarcus Walker shared a timeline for when his decision will become known on whether to return to FSU for the 2016 season or head to the NFL Draft.

Decision will be made tomorrow

Junior cornerback Jalen Ramsey and redshirt junior kicker Roberto Aguayo have already declared for the draft, while junior cornerback Marquez White tweeted that he intends to return.
 11 months ago '13        #4409
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Cook talks new offers, commitment plans

SAN ANTONIO, Tex. - Running back James Cook (Miami/Central) said Miami, Florida State and Alabama are "all equal" for him.

He said he plans to make a verbal commit after his sophomore season.

"Probably next spring," Cook said.

Cook shared his thoughts on his instate favorites.

Miami: "They are going to be good. Got Mark Richt from Georgia. He will lead Miami. I grew up liking them."

FSU: "Tim Brewster is looking at me hard. They want me to be the next back."

The Crystal Ball reads 100-percent for Florida State, where his brother Dalvin Cook plays.

Florida State, LSU and Miami offered Cook early.

Wednesday Alabama offered.

"It was good," Cook said of Alabama. "They got dogs at running back. They like to run the ball a lot. They don't get away from the run."

Tennessee also offered last night.

"They do a lot of stuff. They pass and run," Cook said of Tennessee.

This summer, Cook said he hopes to visit Alabama, FSU, Miami, Tennessee, LSU and Ohio State.

Cook said he's hoping Ohio State, Ole Miss and Georgia offer.

Cook is one of the nation's elite 2019 recruits.

He rushed 92 times for 715 yards as a freshman helping Central to a state title.
 11 months ago '13        #4410
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Son Of Pro Bowler Gaining Offers

SAN ANTONIO, Tx., -- Robert Porcher IV, a 2017 defensive linemen from Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips and the son of former NFL great Robert Porcher, is starting to get lots of attention as a recruit.

Right now, the 6-foot-3, 248-pound Porcher has offers from Florida Atlantic, Indiana and Ole Dominion among others. Additionally, he is hearing from programs such as Auburn, Duke, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia Tech.

Porcher camped for Gamecocks coach Will Muschamp last summer when Muschamp was defensive coordinator at Auburn and the two have remained in contact.

Porcher's father was a three-time Pro Bowl defensive linemen during his 12-year NFL career -- all with Detroit.

"Everybody says, 'You've got big shoes to fill,' " the younger Porcher said.

One of Porcher's teammates is 5-star 2017 offensive tackle Calvin Ashley, an Auburn commit.

"I go against him in practice a lot," Porcher said. "He's got good feet, good hands. I help him. He helps me."
 11 months ago '13        #4411
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
2017 DT Locked In With FSU

SAN ANTONIO -- Newberry (Fla.) four-star 2017 defensive tackle Ja’len Parks showed up in Texas today prepared to compete in the Army Bowl Underclassman Combine.

The 6-foot-4, 275-pound defense lineman spoke to Ryan Bartow of 247Sports prior to taking the field. He’s been committed to Florida State since July of 2014 and says the decision to go to FSU felt natural.

“My whole family went there and I’ve been a fan since I was little so it was kind of an easy choice,” he said.

Parks has a strong connection with Florida State defensive line coach Odell Haggins.

“He’s like my uncle,” Parks said. “He’s real close to my family and I really like talking to him.”

This spring Parks doesn’t have any visits set up, he’s not sure if there will be any trips besides the ones to Tallahassee.

“I’ll call Odell and probably get up there this offseason.”

Parks says he’s locked into Florida State and isn’t talking to any other programs despite several offers including Florida, Oklahoma and Kentucky.
 11 months ago '13        #4412
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Two out front for 2017 WR Mark Webb

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Four-star wide receiver Mark Webb out of Philadelphia (Penn.) Archbishop Wood checked in at the Army Combine and he looked like a four-star wide receiver. A long 6-foot-2, 200-pounder Webb lists offers from Penn State, North Carolina, West Virginia, Boston College, Wake Forest, Rutgers and Temple.

Currently, Webb lists North Carolina and Penn State atop his list. Sean Spencer and Josh Gattis are the primary recruiters for Penn State while Gunter Brewer has been talking to Webb for the Tar Heels.

There are several schools that Webb is hoping will add to his offer list. Clemson ("the receivers they're putting out"), Michigan ("Coach Harbaugh and the way he's changing the program"), Michigan State ("Same thing as MIchigan"), Ohio State ("That program, and Coach Meyer is so good") and Florida State ("The receivers they put out and the fan base. Everything you hear about them. How could you not want to go there").

Webb has plans to visit North Carolina, Ohio State and "Penn State is always in the mix".

Webb is currently ranked by 247Sports Composite as the No. 30 wide receiver in the country.
 11 months ago '13        #4413
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU makes top five for four-star DT

New Orleans (La.) McDonogh 35 four-star defensive tackle Stephon Taylor unveiled a top five on Thursday afternoon.

Florida State made the cut for the 6-foot-4, 300-plus pound defensive tackle.
@cDWarren @nolaprep #HookEm #Noles #OUDNA #GeauxTigers #Gamecocks pic.twitter.com/oVL8zeJHxV

Taylor last visited FSU back in February.

The five finalists are FSU, joined by LSU, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has the Tigers (83%) as the favorite over the Longhorns (17%).

Taylor is ranked No. 288 overall and as the No. 29 defensive tackle in the nation.
 11 months ago '13        #4414
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Shavar Manuel Commits to UF

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy Top247 defensive tackle Shavar Manuel committed to Florida Tuesday afternoon. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound prospect picked the Gators over Florida State and LSU.

Manuel has been long considered a Florida lean the last few weeks, as Gators defensive line coach Chris Rumph won him over.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Manuel as the nation's No. 42 overall prospect in the 2016 class.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 01-08-2016 at 12:59 PM..
 11 months ago '15        #4415
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,682 | Props total: 1056 1056
 Semeautomatic said:
No apologies needed. Believe me I appreciate the updates. Good luck w/ school. Go all the way, finish, & let nothing block your path.
 11 months ago '13        #4416
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
No apologies needed. Believe me I appreciate the updates. Good luck w/ school. Go all the way, finish, & let nothing block your path.
Thanks, you're welcome on the updates! I appreciate the support. Believe I'm not letting anything get in front of my path. I worked full or part time while I finished both of my undergraduate degrees. Now, it's on to get my masters in exercise physiology/sports sciences degree then on to physical therapy school after that and open my own sports performance and rehabilitation clinic. Been workin on the craft since I've been 14 when I decided for sure this is what I wanted to do & I'll be 32 in March. So, ain't nothing stopping this train unless God pulls me into something else.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 01-07-2016 at 07:35 PM..
 11 months ago '13        #4417
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Cal is the first offer for sophomore QB

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - 2018 quarterback prospect Cade Fortin started this year for Georgia power North Gwinnett High School and he landed an offer from Cal as a testament to what he's been able to do under center. He checked in at the U.S. Army Combine on Thursday at 6-2, 202 and he detailed his connection with the Golden Bears.

"I went to a camp over the summer so they saw me in person then they saw my film freshman year and they saw two games of varsity film this year and offered," Fortin said. "My dad's sister married Steve Bartowski's son. He played at Cal so it was cool getting that offer."

Fortin has a cousin that plays fullback at Georgia, his mother went to Florida State and his father played football at San Diego State so his allegiances are all over the country and he's hopeful more offers will come his way after a strong spring.
 11 months ago '13        #4418
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
LSU Offers FSU Commit

Florida State athlete commit Jamel Cook (Miami/Central) said LSU offered.

Tigers Defensive Backs coach Corey Raymond made the verbal offer.

LSU will work to try and secure an official from Cook.

He's still working on setting up his official visit schedule for January 16, January 23 and January 30.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 10 athlete and the No. 21 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Cook has been outstanding all week at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl practices.
 11 months ago '13        #4419
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Cook Sets Two Official Dates

Florida State athlete commit Jamel Cook (Miami/Central) will officially visit USC January 22 and LSU January 29.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 10 athlete in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 11 months ago '13        #4420
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Walker Returning For a Senior Year

Florida State defensive end DeMarcus Walker has opted to pass up the NFL and will return to school for his senior season.

“After talking with my family and Coach (Jimbo) Fisher I have decided to return to Florida State for my senior year,” Walker said in a statement released by FSU. “I made great strides during my junior season and I hope to carry that on to my senior year. I want to end my career here like I started it in 2013 and with the team we having returning I feel we have the opportunity to have a really special season. I look forward to providing leadership to help this team continue to grow and succeed.”

I wanna finish the way I started #SeniorSeason #ImComeHome #NoleNation pic.twitter.com/pfjtZCS1p1

Walker had a breakout 2015 season, recording 58 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. He also broke up five passes and had his first career interception in the Peach Bowl loss to Houston.

The decision was the last one to be made by FSU's draft-eligible players. Earlier in the week, cornerback Jalen Ramsey and kicker Roberto Aguayo announced they were entering the draft a year early. Cornerback Marquez White said on Twitter that he will return in 2016.

Fisher was pleased with Walker's decision to return to FSU.

“I’m very excited that Demarcus is going to return for his senior season,” Fisher said. “This is a great decision for Demarcus because as he continues to develop, he can become one of the best players in college football. He had an outstanding season for us this past year and is a tremendous leader. We are thrilled that he is returning to Florida State.”

The Jacksonville native had just one sack in each of his first two seasons at FSU. But Walker showed dramatic improvement in his one season under the tutelage of a.ssistant coach Brad Lawing.

“It's Coach Lawing,” Walker said in November. “That guy changed my life. I'm pretty sure everybody in my group can say the same things. In some ways, as a man in the real world also. … You all see the difference in my play last year and this year. Coach (Charles) Kelly came up to me and said, ‘You are k!lling it out there.’ ”

Walker will anchor a deep defensive end group that includes Josh Sweat, Lorenzo Featherston, Jacob Pugh, Rick Leonard, Chris Casher and early enrollee Janarius Robinson.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago