Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (1 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '13        #4381
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 318 318
Top 2017 CB weighs in on FSU's defense

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Lawrenceville (Ga) Archer four-star 2017 cornerback Jamyest Williams camped at Florida State last summer. After spending time with the staff and some of the players, Williams named FSU among his favorites.

Where do things stand today?

“Clemson is probably my leader, then FSU," Williams told Noles247 at the Future 50 Showcase. "Clemson is my leader and then there’s Georgia, Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State and Oklahoma.”

Williams and his primary recruiter at FSU, defensive coordinator Charles Kelly, communicate regularly. Williams watched FSU’s defense closely this season.

“I talk to coach Kelly a lot,” Williams added. “The defense played good this year. They had some ups and downs but I saw the defense grow as a unit.”

After visiting FSU last summer and watching them on the field this year, Williams has a better appreciation for coach Kelly.

“He’s a very active coach. He won’t put up with you lacking, he wants you to give 100%. Get better every day,” Williams said.

This offseason Williams plans to return to Tallahassee and make a first trip to a few other places.

“I’m going to visit FSU. I’m going to try my hardest to get to Ohio State and Notre Dame.”

As for a decision, Williams is taking it on in two steps.

“I’ll make a silent commit in the spring. I’ll go public in the fall after I get all my scores in from my SAT, then I’ll make my announcement,” he said.
 11 months ago '13        #4382
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Sweat Looks To Make Bigger Impact In 2016

There were doubts that Josh Sweat would even be able to play in 2015. But Sweat’s hard work off the field -- his rehabilitation from a torn ACL and dislocated knee in September 2014 – led to one of the best seasons by a Florida State freshman.

Sweat had 41 tackles – the most by an FSU freshman defensive end in 15 years.

“As far as the team, I felt I could have helped them a lot better by bettering myself, getting more sacks and tackles for a loss,” Sweat said. “But I felt good about it.”

Enrolling early in 2015 allowed Sweat to get a jump in the classroom and also rehabilitate his left knee with FSU’s training staff. And now the 2016 offseason is one where he can work on adding strength and refining his technique.

Sweat feels that will lead to a more productive sophomore year.

“Getting stronger, working the edge of a man better, not running down the middle of him, I’ll definitely pull off a lot more sacks than I did this year,” Sweat said.

While there is uncertainty about how some of the pieces will come together for the 2016 defense, there is optimism with the talent returning – including the rising freshmen who showed what they could do on the field. Sweat and Derwin James, who will be the team’s leading returning tackler at 91, will help anchor the defense.

“It’s a good feeling to come in and start as a true freshman,” Sweat said. “We get a lot of respect for it.”

HOW OTHER FSU FRESHMAN ENDS DID AT FSU
Player – Year -- True/Red – Freshmen stats
Josh Sweat – 2015 – True – 41 tackles, 3.5 TFLs, 2 sacks
DeMarcus Walker -- 2013 -- True -- 18 tackles, 1 sack
Mario Edwards Jr. – 2012 – True – 17 tackles, 1.5 sacks
Bjoern Werner – 2010 – True – 20 tackles, 3.5 sacks
Everette Brown -- 2006 – Redshirt – 27 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks
Darnell Dockett – 2000 – Redshirt – 66 tackles, 7 sacks (listed as DE before moving to DT)
Jamal Reynolds – 1997 – True -- 12 tackles, 0 sacks
Peter Boulware – 1994 – Redshirt – 37 tackles, 0 sacks
Reinard Wilson – 1993 – True – 24 tackles, 2 sacks (listed as DT before moving to DE)
 11 months ago '15        #4383
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 1018 1018
RAMSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Happy & sad at the same damn time.
 11 months ago '15        #4384
Preacher Mane 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,308 | Props total: 3864 3864

[video - click to view]

We gonna miss you 8-Ball
 11 months ago '13        #4385
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Recruiting Scoop:

Here's the latest Recruiting Scoop:

— I’m starting to feel/learn Trayvon Mullen’s recruitment is evening out between FSU and LSU. Mullen is planning to take an official visit to LSU on January 22nd. While in Orlando for Under Armour I spent some time talking with a source close to LSU’s recruitment of Mullen and the LSU staff feels very good about adding him to this class. FSU also likes where they stand. Obviously another unofficial visit to FSU by Mullen or his mother would be huge for the ‘Noles. It’s something that is being talked about, but since it’s an unofficial visit there’s no way to know if it that will definitely happen.

January will be a big month for Mullen and FSU/LSU. I fully expect LSU to add Kristian Fulton to their class and it’s unknown how, or if, it’ll effect Mullen’s decision. LSU has been transparent with Mullen on who they’re recruiting. As we’ve said throughout his recruitment, expect a roller coaster type ride. That theme should continue all the way up to his decision on Signing Day. As of today I wouldn’t change my Crystal Ball pick from FSU.

Clemson is the dark horse. He’s set an official visit to Clemson the weekend before Signing Day. If the Tigers are coming off of a National Championship win, that visit could make things real interesting.

— Today Texas four-star cornerback Jared Mayden decommitted from Oregon and it looks as if FSU might be the team to beat. This isn’t a name that popped up out of nowhere. The FSU staff has been in contact with him since early-to-mid-December. I first heard about him just prior to the end of the contact period last month. The reason we didn’t mention him is because I’ve been told both sides are still getting to know each other and it’s too soon to say he’s definitely a take for FSU.

This has nothing to do with Trayvon Mullen, it’s more about Mayden and how he fits in at FSU. FSU is bringing him in the first weekend after the dead period. Mayden has never been to FSU and nobody except Brewster has met Mayden in person. This is a situation where both parties need to know the fit is right before moving on to the next stage of his recruitment. I’d a.ssume that by the end of the visit FSU/Mayden will know where things stand between each other. 

— Florida State has themselves positioned to make a late run at four-star defensive end Brian Burns. I spoke to an inside source today that feels UF is still out in front, but FSU has themselves solidly in the two-spot. He’ll visit Georgia on the 15th, UF on the 22nd and FSU the weekend before Signing Day. Keep an eye on Miami getting a visit as well.

— Four-star safety Jamel Cook is still talking with Miami and despite how many times he says he’s “solid” to FSU, I’m just not buying it. As of now he has visits set to Miami on the 15th, USC on the 22nd and the final weekend he’s scheduled to visit FSU. There’s talk he could either visit Alabama or FSU the final weekend. If he does not take an official visit to FSU, I would write him out of the class. South Carolina is also a program to keep an eye on. Since leaving Auburn, Will Muschamp has turned up the heat on Cook.

— I continue to hear that Florida State is in great shape to land four-star offensive guard/tackle Landon d!ckerson. Tennessee has firmly replaced Auburn as FSU’s biggest competition. He’ll visit Tennessee and Alabama in January. He claims he’ll also take an unofficial visit back to FSU. I Crystal Ball’d him to FSU last week and feel very confident with my pick.

— I checked in with Florida State four-star defensive end commitment Janarius Robinson today. They had a day off from practice. He said he’s having a great time, along with playing well. I asked about his recruiting efforts, Robinson said he’s spent the most time working on Brian Burns and Trayvon Mullen. Robinson sounded confident they’ll be signing with FSU, but as I said above, there’s still plenty of craziness left in this 2016 class.
 11 months ago '13        #4386
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Mocking The Draft: Ramsey To The Ravens

Josh Norris of Rotoworld unveiled his first NFL mock draft for 2016 on Tuesday.

He has Florida State junior defensive back Jalen Ramsey going No. 6 overall to the Baltimore Ravens.

Here is what Norris wrote on that selection:

"The Ravens’ secondary was horrendous for long stretches of the season. Ozzie Newsome loves to build his team from the inside - out. Ramsey could play safety in the NFL, or teams could evaluate him at corner. I bet we see the smart ones play him in both spots, as well as use him on blitzes."
 11 months ago '13        #4387
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Upshur locks in FSU official visit

Florida State four-star tight end Naseir Upshur from Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep Institute has locked in his official visit to see the Seminoles. Upshur told Noles247.com on Tuesday morning that he has scheduled his official visit for the weekend of January 29th.

Upshur also states that will be the only official visit he takes in January.

The Seminoles landed the 6-foot-2, 233-pound tight end at the beginning of September. He has been a firm commitment since making his pledge.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Upshur as the No. 138 prospect in the nation and No. 4 tight end.
 11 months ago '13        #4388
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU offers 2017 defensive end

Florida State defensive ends and outside linebackers coach Brad Lawing has offered North Augusta (S.C.) junior defensive end Tre Lawson.

It is his first offer. Per a source close to Lawson, he was excited by the offer.

Lawson checks in at 6-foot-7 and 250 pounds.
 11 months ago '13        #4389
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU not giving up on 5-star Calvin Ashley

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett hasn’t backed off Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips five-star offensive tackle despite his early commitment to Auburn.

“I’ll be back at FSU this spring. Coach Trickett is still recruiting me hard,” Ashley told Noles247 after the Future 50 camp. “Trickett’s O-line is nice. They got a bunch of young guys playing and making mistakes but they will improve.”

Ashley will spend his offseason taking trips and working on getting back to 100% healthy.

“I just had surgery last Monday on my labrum and I’ll be rehabbing for the next four months,” he said.

This spring Ashley knows three Junior Day visits.

“I’ll go to Alabama, Auburn, FSU and a few others.”

Ashley has been taking visits since his freshman year. However, he’ll be looking at things a little differently since he’s heading into his senior year.

“I’m going to pay more attention, look, check out more things about the schools to see how I fit,” Ashley said.

Ashley remains solid in his commitment to Auburn.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 01-07-2016 at 01:46 PM..
 11 months ago '13        #4390
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Top 247 DE Enjoys Attending Vols Bowl Practice

As soon as Tennessee learned last month that it would be playing in the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla., the Vols extended a scholarship offer to Zachary Carter, one of the top junior prospects from the Tampa area.

Tennessee’s stay there last week gave Carter a chance to take a firsthand look at the Vols.

The Top247 junior defensive end from Hillsborough High School in Tampa, Fla., attended one of Tennessee’s practices leading up to the Outback Bowl early last week at the University of Tampa, and he said he enjoyed watching the Vols practice in person.

“It was a good experience. It was my first time seeing a college practice,” said Carter, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 114 overall prospect and No. 4 strongside defensive end in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

“I liked the pace that they practiced (at), and I liked the outline of the practice.”

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Carter said he received an offer from Tennessee on Dec. 6, the same day the Vols learned that they would be facing Northwestern in the Outback Bowl. Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie wasted little time reaching out to Carter, giving him an offer and inviting him to one of the Vols’ practices.

While he wasn’t able to talk with Tennessee coach Butch Jones’ staff last week because of the ongoing dead period for recruiting, he said he’s now interested in perhaps traveling to Knoxville to see everything the Vols have to offer.

“We haven’t talked about that yet,” Carter said. “I’m just kind of taking it slow right now because it’s the dead period. I don’t really know much about (Tennessee), but I’m looking forward to getting to learn about it.”

Carter admitted he grew up liking Florida, but Tennessee’s practice last week in Tampa wasn’t the first time he had seen the Vols in person. He said he also visited Florida on Sept. 26 for its 28-27 win over Tennessee, a game in which the Gators rallied from a 27-14 deficit in the closing minutes.

“That was a crazy game,” said Carter, who claims early offers from more than 25 teams, including Florida, Clemson, Miami, Auburn, Ohio State and Ole Miss.

“I remember Florida coming back in the last minute. Tennessee, I liked the way their defense was playing. I liked their defense.”

He said he also attended games at Florida State, LSU, Miami and Clemson this season.

The dozens of teams pursuing Carter are “all equal right now” in his mind, he said, and he doesn’t “think it matters” in regard to his upcoming college choice that he grew up “a fan of the Gators.”

“I just rooted for them. I didn’t have to go there or nothing,” Carter said. “I really want to look at everyone.”

While it’s still early in the recruiting process for Carter, he said “playing early” will be important to him as he continues exploring his options, but he’s “not really” worried about staying close to home.

He said he has yet to identify any favorites among the dozens of teams he’s considering.

“It’s all equal right now,” Carter said.
 11 months ago '13        #4391
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Jalen Ramsey Declares For NFL Draft

Jalen Ramsey will forego his final season of collegiate eligibility and enter the 2016 NFL Draft, Florida State's junior defensive back announced on Tuesday. In three years with the Seminoles, Ramsey started all 41 games of his career, accumulating 181 tackles, five sacks, and three interceptions. He earned Consensus All-American honors in 2015.

“Today, after having in depth discussions with my parents, my coaches and others whom I hold dear to my heart, I am announcing my decision to pursue my dream, forgo my senior year of football at Florida State and declare for the 2016 NFL Draft,” Ramsey said in a statement.

Florida State head Jimbo Fisher also spoke on Ramsey's decision to turn pro and is contribution to the program.

“I’m extremely happy for Jalen and his family,” Fisher said. “I think it is a very smart decision by him. He will be a tremendous pro. He was an outstanding player and leader for us. I cannot say enough good things about him. I wish him nothing but the best and he will always be a part of the Florida State family.”

Ramsey was a five-star prospect and the No. 15 player in the class of 2013, according to the 247Sports Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4392
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Full Statement From Jalen Ramsey On Turning Pro

Statement from Florida State junior cornerback Jalen Ramsey:

Let me begin by giving all thanks to the Lord above, who has given me the ability to not only play this game that I love, but also allowed me to stay healthy while doing so.

Today, after having in depth discussions with my parents, my coaches and others whom I hold dear to my heart, I am announcing my decision to pursue my dream, forgo my senior year of football at Florida State and declare for the 2016 NFL Draft.

There are no words to describe how much I have enjoyed my time in Tallahassee, and more specifically here at Florida State. Since the first day I stepped foot on campus, I knew I made the right decision and found my second home. From the war chants and tomahawk chops that send chills shooting down my spine, to running out of the tunnel or being on the track with my teammates, I have found that there is no greater feeling than being a Seminole!

I arrived at Florida State as a boy, but now because of your unconditional love and support, I am leaving a man, a man who has accomplished many of his goals and is looking forward to what the future has in store. I am not saying that I have reached perfection, but I press on to possess that perfection Christ Jesus first possessed me. Although this season did not end the way we would have liked, I couldn't have selected a better group of teammates and coaches to go to battle with each and every Saturday.

As I now embark on this new chapter of my life, I will take with me all the lessons I have learned here at Florida State. I would consider myself very lucky if wherever my next stop takes me, the fans are half as dedicated and supportive as those here in Tallahassee. You all have been great and I will miss each of you tremendously. I will also miss my teammates, coaches and support staff who have made these last three years the best of my life!

Again no words will ever be enough, but thank you. I'm a Nole Forever!

- Jalen
 11 months ago '13        #4393
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU offers 2017 Tampa-area prospect

Florida State is the latest offer for Tampa (Fla.) Tampa Catholic junior four-star running back Devan Barrett.

Received an offer from the Florida State University!! #FSU #Blessed #Noles pic.twitter.com/3TiQSpHJwO

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound prospect is closing in on 20 offers. His list already includes others such as Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, USF and more.

His 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has one prediction, which is for Florida.

Barrett is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 254 prospect in the nation and No. 21 running back.
 11 months ago '13        #4394
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU offers 2017 DT from Peach State

Florida State is the latest offer for Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett junior defensive tackle Emmanuel McNeil.

The 6-foot-3, 280-pound defensive tackle also has offers from Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State and Wake Forest.

McNeil has yet to receive any Crystal Ball predictions.

He has yet to be ranked by 247Sports.com or the 247Sports.com Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4395
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Army Bowl: East Performers Day Two

SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Day two of practice for the East team Tuesday in preparation for Saturday’s U.S. Army All-American Bowl saw the offensive line bounce back and play well against a special defensive line group, while several prospects made a case for a fifth star.

A mismatch vs everybody.

Savanah (Ga.) Christian Prep five-star athlete Demetris Robertson was the most consistent playmaker during the 11-on-11 portion of practice, and is easily one of the top receiver prospects in the Lone Star State. Robertson was a tough cover, very quick with outstanding ball skills.

There wasn’t a defender inside the facility who could check Robertson who is still developing physically. It’s absolutely scary to think about the type of player he could be after one year in a college weight room because he has the build to be a rocked up 195-pound player down the road. He checked in here at 175 pounds.

The nation’s top-ranked athlete according to the 247Sports Composite, Robertson is still strongly considering Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame and Stanford among others.

1. Cincinnati (Ohio) Elder five-star offensive tackle Tommy Kraemer, a Notre Dame commit, has been the best East offensive lineman both days of practice but really hit his stride Tuesday morning. In the run blocking drill he was very physical at the point of attack and was able to get a push against a very talented West d-line on nearly every snap. Kraemer teamed up with fellow five-star tight end Isaac Nauta to really pave the way on the right side. The nation’s No. 2 offensive tackle according to 247Sports also has long arms and the largest hands of any offensive lineman here in Texas and he uses both well in pass protection. You can tell Kraemer has been well coaches as the offensive line coach rarely has to talk with him.

Notre Dame OT Tommy Kraemer has been very good today vs Janarius Robinson and others. @ChadCarson247 pic.twitter.com/CLxHhftbvE

2. Toccoa (Ga.) Stephens County five-star offensive tackle Ben Cleveland flashed a bunch in practice winning a lot of reps against elite defensive ends like Brian Burns. The Georgia bound Cleveland is no question the best looking lineman on the hoof and along with that has every trait coveted at the offensive line position including the ability to really bend. Was a strong day for the future Dawg.

Been a much better day for @BenCleveland74 vs @Fire_Burns99 . @ArmyAllAmerican @ChadCarson247 pic.twitter.com/rWX0MkR4XU

3. The country’s No. 1 all-purpose back in five-star Clemson commit Tavien Feaster is the most explosive tailback on the East roster and he ran hard Tuesday. His big moment was shaking Miami commit Shaq Quarterman in the hole. When fully healthy there isn’t a running back in America in this class with more tools than Feaster.

4. The nation’s No. 4 receiver according to 247Sports in Ohio State commit Austin Mack is certainly pushing for a fifth star. While Robertson was the top performer on this day, there isn’t a player on the East that has his ball skills, when the football is in the air the future Buckeye plays it better than anyone. Explosive describes Mack, who has the legs of a running back and will push for immediate time as an early enrollee.

5. Florida quarterback commit Feleipe Franks was the best moving the ball in the 11-on-11 portion, a tall, strong-armed passer that could also make a play when the pocket broke down. Franks is the No. 3 pro-style quarterback in the country according to 247Sports.

1. Wake Forest (N.C.) High five-star defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence started the week as the nation’s No. 4 player according to 247Sports, but he continues to make a case to finish the cycle No. 1. The 6-foot-4, 327-pound Lawrence is the best player among a special group. The first thing that stands out is his size, there is certainly a difference between him and the rest of the guys in the huddle. After the snap, he continues to be on another level as disruptive force in the middle.

Coach told me if he had one pick to start a team it would be 5* #Clemson DT commit Dexter Lawrence. pic.twitter.com/4zk3DJV0sG

2. Suwanee (Ga.) Peachtree Ridge Top50 safety Nigel Warrior was a factor on stretch runs by the running backs quickly meeting them on the edge, he can also cover and is definitely a guy that could play safety or cornerback on the next level. Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia are the top contenders.

3. Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage defensive end Brian Burns could certainly finish a five-star, another big-time day for him coming off the edge. Extremely explosive, very disruptive, constantly in the backfield harassing the quarterback. He was also a factor against the run. One offensive tackle said that on the first day Burns was by him before he could even set. Florida is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite with Florida State and maybe Miami also in it for the country’s No. 3 weak-side defensive end.

Four-star DE Brian Burns stops #Clemson commit Tavien Feaster in the backfield pic.twitter.com/6PpI98730R

4. Miami (Fla.) Central Top100 athlete Jamel Cook has some uniqueness about him, a 6-foot-4, 190-pound athlete that has the ability to be an All-American safety in Tallahassee or an All-American linebacker. The Florida State commit played with a motor Tuesday and is also strong in pass coverage.

5. Naples (Fla.) High cornerback and Miami commit Tyler Byrd is one of the fastest players on the field and he made the most plays in the secondary.

Quarterbacks

• Louisville quarterback commit Jawon Pass improved from day one and made some really nice throws in the competition portion. He also has the skill set to hit a huge run or two Saturday in the game.
• It was another good day for five-star quarterback Jacob Eason, the Georgia commit just didn’t move the offense quite as well as he did Monday.

Running Backs

• Ohio State commit Demario McCall is one of the most dynamic players in the country. His one cut ability in the hole and in space, and quickly finding his top-end speed is second to none. McCall is also a reliable pass catcher although he is a twitch slower than Feaster, he is the most dangerous player in this backfield.

• Notre Dame commit Tony Jones Jr. looks natural carrying the football, hit some nice runs on Tuesday. Jones brings a power element to the backfield, a strong lower body and a guy that could carry the load for the Irish down the road. Jones is also the best blocker in pass pro of the group.

Receivers/Tight Ends

• On day two Elberton (Ga.) Elbert County five-star Mecole Hardman Jr. flipped from the secondary to offense and made plays in the backfield and as a receiver. He has an extra gear. Georgia is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite.

• The nation’s No. 1 tight end Isaac Nauta will be a factor as a run blocker wherever he chooses to go and after the catch in the open field he’s very tough to bring down. Announcing his decision Saturday, Georgia will be tough to beat.

• West Palm Beach (Fla.) Wellington Top247 receiver Ahmmon Richards was slowed by a hamstring but expects to be ready for the next practice on Thursday.

Offensive Line

• Stanford commit Clark Yarbrough bounced back and had a better day, has really adjusted to the speed of the defensive linemen and asked questions between every period trying to get an edge for the next drill.

• Penn State commit Connor McGovern had his hands full with the size of the interior d-line and learning the cadences of the quarterbacks on Monday, however on Tuesday he was a different player. The Nittany Lions pledge showed a lot of f!ght and a better base. He’ll be tough to red-shirt in Happy Valley.

• Florida State commit Josh Ball and uncommitted Top247 recruit Matt Farniok had strong days working as the two guards. Ball especially had several eye-opening blocks and Farniok is one of the toughest players in the country at the point of attack.

• Top100 offensive lineman John Simpson is a coaching staff favorite and had a productive morning.

Defensive Line:

• Five-star defensive tackle Derrick Brown continues to win his reps, goes about his business, tremendous first step.

No surprise @llawrence2139 and @kBrown90 meet up. @ArmyAllAmerican @ChadCarson247 pic.twitter.com/QVGHtW0QMf

• Battling with the five-star Kraemer, Top50 defensive end Jeffery Simmons won his fair share of reps, a strong player at the point of attack. This was a day for both of them that definitely makes you better.

Linebackers

• Michigan State linebacker commit Brandon Randle earned praise as the biggest freak of the group by his position coach. The future Spartan has the longest arms and biggest hands of the group.
• Minnesota Top100 commit Carter Coughlin and uncommitted Top100 linebacker Brendan Ferns are quick learners and are playing fast on day two. Coughlin especially showed up a lot playing against the run.

Defensive Backs

Warner Robins (Ga.) High Top247 athlete Marquez Callaway shined for a second straight day in the secondary. He’s playing corner here but may ultimately best project as a safety.
 11 months ago '13        #4396
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Ramsey: Great Nole Set To Be Tremendous Pro

Jalen Ramsey impressed teammates and coaches from the start. The kid had been on campus just a few weeks and already displayed the talent and attitude of a freshman.

He practiced like few at Florida State ever had, with something to prove, with the goal of starting from the first game of his college career.

And he did. When PJ Williams was injured before the 2013 opener at Pittsburgh, Ramsey was the starter at corner. A few games later, he moved to safety. As a sophomore, he was the star cornerback. And this year back to corner.

Ramsey made plays at each spot. And the only debate moving forward is where he will play in the NFL, a decision that is now in the hands of general managers and scouts.

"I know some teams want to move him back to safety and some want to keep him at corner just because to have that type of length and speed and the long stride, it’s rare for the cornerback position," CBSSports.com NFL draft analyst Dane Brugler said. "A lot of teams want to keep him at corner. Regardless Jalen Ramsey is an early first-round pick. He has impact potential right away."

Tuesday's decision was no surprise. Even coach Jimbo Fisher made a reference to it in February 2015, when he bluntly told the crowd on National Signing Day party at the Tallahassee Auto Museum that he felt Ramsey would be gone after his junior season.

The way Ramsey played in 2013 and '14, it felt like fans should be watching and enjoying the play of one of the best defensive backs ever to play at FSU as he played one last season in 2015 in Tallahassee.

"He will be a tremendous pro," Fisher said Tuesday. "He was an outstanding player and leader for us. I cannot say enough good things about him."

Ramsey had 52 tackles and 10 pass breakups this fall, and he was a consensus All-American. Only 36 Seminoles are a part of that club.

Fans and media remember the stats and awards of the offensive stars. Ramsey is like the collection of defensive talent through the years: you won't remember the stats but you can't forget the hits.

There was very little for Ramsey to prove by coming back in 2016. He already had a national title in hand. Along with nearly as many ACC rings -- nine -- as he has fingers. There are the two ACC football titles in 2013 and '14, indoor and outdoor track and field titles in '14 and an outdoor title in 2015. Plus ACC long jump titles in the 2015 outdoor and indoor season, and a share of the 4x100 relay ACC title.

If you're compiling a list of the greatest two-sport stars who ever stepped foot on FSU's campus, Ramsey is up there. Not quite as high, maybe, as the football-baseball-track that Deion Sanders was in the 1980s, or perhaps as decorated as Charlie Ward in the 1990s. But Ramsey is in the conversation.

There aren't that many guys who can say they were All-Americans in two sports at the college level. Ramsey did it in football and track, and it wasn't a sprint honor but a long jump honor.

In May, Ramsey was nominated for ACC male athlete of the year (2014-15). As an All-American in two sports, he appeared to have a good shot. He didn't win. And he didn't like it one bit.

“Hahaha that’s seriously a joke not winning ACC male athlete of the year. I really want to know how they did the voting. Somebody explain plz”

“All American in 2 sports (football and track), most versatile DB in the Nation, ACC long jump champion indoor and outdoor… Wow”

Ramsey oozed confidence and dared you to beat him. Did it happen? Sure. Nature of the job. He made mistakes on the football field, but so did all the great ones. And one of the last memories will be of him blitzing from the corner position only to have his receiver score a touchdown in Houston's win in the Peach Bowl. Ramsey had thought he indicated to Lamarcus Brutus a signal calling for the senior safety to slide over, but there was miscommunication.

There were moments like that, yes, but they were few. Ramsey was a unique talent on the field and the track. So many memorable plays and performances.

"I arrived at Florida State as a boy, but now because of your unconditional love and support, I am leaving a man, a man who has accomplished many of his goals and is looking forward to what the future has in store," Ramsey said.

The future for Ramsey is bright. The next chapter in his greatest hits collection is beginning.
 11 months ago '13        #4397
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
No. 1 JUCO backs off Tennessee commit

Florida State offered Tennessee four-star strong-side defensive end pledge Jonathan Kongbo in mid-December. The Yuma (Ariz.) Arizona Western C.C. standout was said to be pretty open despite his pledge at that time.

Roughly three weeks later, Kongbo is no longer pledged to the Volunteers.

pic.twitter.com/Jc4zlYSxic

FSU is one of many schools in pursuit of the 247Sports.com No. 1 JUCO for 2016.

"I have the visit to Washington locked in (Jan. 15), but there's so many schools now that I'm going to have to call some and say 'thank you but no thank you'. I'm going to be sifting through these programs -- right now I don't know who's in or who's out for that last visit," Kongbo recently said.

The Volunteers, as well as Ole Miss and Auburn have already received official visits.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball reads 71% for Oregon. The Huskies and Volunteers split the remaining predictions.
 11 months ago '13        #4398
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Aguayo declares for NFL draft

Florida State kicker Roberto Aguayo opted to pass up his senior season and enter the NFL Draft a year early, he announced on Twitter and through FSU on Wednesday morning.

“After giving this decision careful thought and meeting with my family and Coach (Jimbo) Fisher, I have decided to enter the NFL Draft,” Aguayo said in a statement. “These last four years have been nothing short of incredible on and off the field. I have made memories that I will always treasure. One goal when I got here was to graduate, and I’m thankful I was able to earn my degree in Criminology this fall.

“Ever since I was a kid, I have bled Garnet and Gold. When I received a scholarship to play football at FSU from Coach Fisher it was a dream come true and a blessing.”

Read the full statement from Roberto Aguayo

He has made 69 of 78 field-goal attempts in his career, never missing from 40 yards and in, and he holds an 88.4 percent success rate at the college level. Aguayo won the Groza Award as a redshirt freshman in 2013 as he set the national record for points in a season by a kicker (157 points).

Aguayo ranks second in scoring (405) and third in field goals (69) and PATs (198) all-time at FSU. In the ACC record books, he finished his career ranked second in scoring, fourth in PATs and sixth in field goals made. Aguayo joined Dustin Hopkins as the only two Seminoles in school history to have tallied at least 400 career points.

“I’m very happy for Roberto and his family,” Fisher said. “He was phenomenal for us here at Florida State. He’s arguably one of the best kickers not only in Florida State history, but in NCAA history. I wish him nothing but the best. He was a great player, but also a great leader for our team and a great ambassador for our university. We’re very excited for him and we will look forward to watching him compete in the NFL for years to come.”

The decision was widely expected as Aguayo, the most accurate kicker in FBS history, is considered a second- or third-round draft pick. He could be the first kicker taken in the top 100 picks since Mike Nugent in 2005. Former FSU kicker Sebastian Janikowski was the last kicker to be taken in the first round, at 17th overall in the 2000 draft.

Aguayo was a first-team All-American in 2013-15, joining cornerback Deion Sanders as the only other Seminole to earn that recognition.

Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage confirmed to Noles247 that Aguayo was eligible to play as a graduated junior but declined an invite to play in the showcase game for NFL prospects.

Aguayo's little brother, Ricky, has enrolled early at FSU and is the front-runner for the kicking job in 2016. Ricky Aguayo will compete for the job with preferred walk-on Kevin Robledo; Logan Tyler is expected to be FSU's punter this fall.

After giving this decision careful thought and meeting with my family and Coach Fisher, I have decided to enter the NFL Draft. #Blessed
 11 months ago '13        #4399
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-Star 2017 WR excited about FSU's future at QB

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian four-star wide receiver D.J. Matthews is one of the most explosive players in the country for the class of 2017. Matthews has been committed to Florida State since July of 2014.

During the season, Matthews expressed some concern over FSU’s offense.

“I’m 100% solid,” Matthews said after the Future 50 Showcase over the weekend.

When pressed on what his concerns were, Matthews replied, “Never jump-ship. Florida State. ‘Nole nation.”

Looking back on it, Matthews feels FSU had a productive year.

“Florida State actually had a good season,” he added. “There were some times we were down and lost a couple games, but it’s the rebuilding process, I think it was still a good year.”

His relationship with FSU wide receiver coach Lawrence Dawsey is one of the primary reasons he’s committed to the Seminoles.

“Coach Dawsey, that’s my man. We have a good relationship, I talk to him every week. We have a solid relationship.”

Matthews feels the future is bright for FSU because of the quarterback situation.

“We have concepts, we just have to find the right quarterback to run the system,” he added. “We have Malik Henry coming in. I’m pretty sure either him or Deondre Francois will be the guy. I feel good about that.”

This offseason Matthews plans to be a regular at FSU. He’ll be at a Junior Day or two, spring game and possibly a couple practices. He also plans to make a few out of state visits, including Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, UNC and possibly Stanford.

“I’m going to be all over the field at FSU. I’m coming in to be one of the greats.”
 11 months ago '13        #4400
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Full Statement From Roberto Aguayo on Turning Pro

Below is the full statement from Florida State redshirt junior kicker Roberto Aguayo on his decision to turn pro Wednesday morning:

"After giving this decision careful thought and meeting with my family and Coach Fisher, I have decided to enter the NFL Draft.

"These last four years have been nothing short of incredible on and off the field. I have made memories that I will always treasure. One goal when I got here was to graduate, and I’m thankful I was able to earn my degree in Criminology this fall.

"Ever since I was a kid, I have bled Garnet and Gold. When I received a scholarship to play football at FSU from Coach Fisher it was a dream come true and a blessing.

"As I embark on my next journey, I would first like to thank the fans for all of their support. We truly have the best fans in the nation here at Florida State.

"I would also like to thank Coach Fisher and all of the a.ssistant coaches and support staff. You all helped me grow as a man on and off the field and prepared me for this next step.

"Lastly, I would like to thank my teammates for always being there for me and helping along this journey. I will always be honored to have lined up next to my brothers and played in front of sold-out crowds at Doak Campbell Stadium.

"I will never forget the great moments I was blessed to have here at Florida State. I’m excited for the next chapter, but I will always bleed Garnet and Gold."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy