Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (2 bx goons and 6 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '13        #4361
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,463 | Props total: 319 319
With addition of Joyner, FSU's class ranked No. 2

Florida State landed a four-star pledge at a much needed position on Saturday when Havelock (N.C.) four-star linebacker Keion Joyner went public with his commitment to the Seminoles.

Joyner, who is ranked No. 211 overall and as the No. 14 outside linebacker by the 247Sports.com Composite, moved FSU's class up from No. 6 to No. 2 in the 247Sports.com Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

FSU is still in play to fill roughly six more spots in their 2016 class.
 11 months ago '05        #4362
Chuck_Remixed 143 heat pts143
space
space
$15,764 | Props total: 374 374
Yeah, that Houston game really happened
 11 months ago '15        #4363
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,676 | Props total: 1034 1034
Gotta treat for ya @

[video - click to view]

#1 & #33 are my 2 for the 49ers

Last edited by Milk Bone; 01-03-2016 at 03:05 PM..
 11 months ago '13        #4364
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Army All-American Game: What we want to see

All-American games are in full swing and will wrap up this week with the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Check-in begins on Sunday, the first practice will be held on Monday and run through the week. The game itself will be held on Saturday, January 9th, in San Antonio, Texas at the Alamodome.

Florida State will be well represented once again. Four commitments will participate in the game (Josh Ball, Janarius Robinson, Josh Brown and Jamel Cook) as well as multiple targets.

Full Army Roster

247Sports.com will be on-hand the entire week reporting on all the action and insider scoop. Here’s a rundown of what we’re looking forward to seeing during the week of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl:

Top targets in action: Two positions where Florida State needs to close strong at is cornerback and defensive end. Two of their top targets on the board are participating in the game. Four-star cornerback Trayvon Mullen and four-star weak-side defensive end Brian Burns. Mullen, a lanky and quick defensive back who will compete for top honors at his position, officially visited FSU in early December and by all reports it went well. FSU and LSU are the top contenders there. Burns has yet to officially visit FSU but is supposed to see them in January. Most believe Florida leads for the long, lanky and quick edge-rusher.

A special talent in the middle: Another top target playing in the game is four-star defensive tackle Raekwon Davis. The Mississippi product who is committed to Alabama has been a top target for Florida State recruiting coordinator Tim Brewster throughout the process. We expect the 6-foot-7, 315-pound monstrosity to display his dominant physical ability in this setting and show why FSU values him so much as a potential defensive tackle. Davis will likely also confirm visit plans for January during this week.

Good friends recruiting for the ‘Noles: Four-star defenders Josh Brown and Janarius Robinson are both solidly committed to the Seminoles and set to enroll next week, when they will become roommates in Tallahassee. Before making that move, the duo is participating in the Army All-America Game. Both players have the personalities that make it easy for them to speak with their peers, so don’t be surprised to hear about them making a pitch for other stellar players to join them in Tallahassee.

Corner or safety: Four-star defensive back Jamel Cook will be playing in the East secondary. The biggest question is where will he be lining up. The FSU commitment believes he is capable of handling cornerback, and may make a push to play that position in San Antonio. Long-term though, Cook’s value is probably the best at the safety spot. While Cook is generally considered a solid pledge to the Seminoles, he will likely unveil some official visits scheduled elsewhere this week with Miami and South Carolina being two potential contenders.

Moving on up: Josh Ball is physically impressive at 6-foot-7 and around 300 pounds. He is long, athletic, and does an effective job using his hands. 247Sports.com recognizes his ability, ranking him as a Top 100 prospect and the No. 11 offensive tackle, but some in the recruiting industry have been slow on recognizing Ball’s potential, as reflected by his 247Sports.com Composite ranking being just outside the Top 200 and as the No. 22 offensive tackle. This week in San Antonio, the solid FSU pledge is afforded the opportunity to impress those that need to take a second look.

The Dakota Trenchman: When you think recruiting, you don’t think about South Dakota. But Matt Farniok, and the Farniok family that includes two brothers that have already played in college and a younger brother who will also have a shot, has helped to put the Mount Rushmore State on the map for football recruiting in recent years. Farniok is a relative unknown nationally, but has some heavy hitters after him including Florida State, Iowa, Michigan State and Nebraska. He will be competing against the best players he has ever seen in San Antonio. It will be interesting to see how he does and the potential he flashes.
 11 months ago '13        #4365
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Mullen Trims List To Five

SAN ANTONIO, Tex. - Cornerback Trayvon Mullen (Coconut Creek, Fla.) said he's trimmed his list down to five finalists: LSU, TCU, Clemson, Louisville and Florida State.

Mullen has officially visited TCU, Florida State and Louisville.

He will still officially visit Clemson January 16 and he's moved his LSU official visit to January 23.

Mullen still plans to announce his college choice on National Signing Day.

The Crystal Ball reads 52-percent for LSU, 35-percent for Florida State, three-percent for Clemson, three-percent for Alabama and three-percent foggy.

"Everything still stands the same," Mullen said. "After the last two visits I'll start narrowing things down. They are all coming after me every day and recruiting me hard now since it's getting close."

Mullen said TCU, Clemson, LSU and Florida State came by in December for in-home visits.

Mullen broke down his thoughts on his five finalists.

LSU: "Just everybody. All the coaches and all the people. They are just excited to have you around. To help you get better and get to a better place."

TCU: "Just the opportunity to come in and play right away. I like the conference. They throw the ball a lot so there's an opportunity to make a lot of players. Just the opportunity."

Clemson: "I grew up liking them. I like those dudes. They are good people. I just like talking to them. They talk to about real stuff, life goals and after football. Not just about football. They told me Mackensie Alexander and Jayron Kearse are leaving so if I do decide to go there I could be an impact player. I kind of figured it already. They are the kind of players that are three and out."

Florida State: "Just the people and the atmosphere. I like the atmosphere. I feel I can come in right away and be an impact player. Help them get to the goal they want to be."

Louisville: "I just feel I can be an outstanding player there with coach T Buck (Terrell Buckley). It's a bigger place. I feel I can help turn the school around and do something big."

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 3 cornerback and the No. 5 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 11 months ago '13        #4366
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU commit sets Miami, other officials

SAN ANTONIO, Tex. - Florida State athlete commit Jamel Cook (Miami/Central) said he will officially Miami January 15, USC or Alabama January 22 and Florida State January 29.

Cook said he's "solid" with the Seminoles, a verbal commit he made last spring.

"I chose the Seminoles because of the coaches, it felt like home, the players I have a connection with and the team," Cook said. "I just love the Florida State Seminoles. I love the garnet. I love the team. I want to play in Doak Campbell."

He said Florida State's staff came by in December for an in-home visit. That's the lone program that stopped by.

Cook said he's looking forward to meeting Miami's staff in two weeks on that visit.

"I like the new staff," Cook said. "I like coach (Mark) Richt and what they are doing. I'm looking forward to see how they do next year. I just want to talk and meet them. I want to talk about the depth chart. Am I going to be able to come in and compete and start as a true freshman?"

He said Miami is "pushing him the hardest" and they are his No. 2 school. He said he plans to make his "final choice" on National Signing Day.

He's been in touch with USC's staff since late this fall.

"Their coaches tell me they want me to come up there," Cook said of USC. "They've seen me play. They said I could come there and start. They want me to wear the No. 1 jersey. I like the Trojans. They are a good team. They came up short against Wisconsin. They are going to be good."

Alabama Offensive Line coach Mario Cristobal recruits south Florida for the Crimson Tide.

"He said Nick Saban is the DBs coach and nine times out of 10 I can come up there and be there for three years and be in the NFL," Cook said of Alabama.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 10 athlete and the No. 21 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 11 months ago '13        #4367
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU in the hunt for monstrous DT

SAN ANTONIO, Tex. -- Meridian (Miss.) four-star defensive tackle Raekwon Davis arrived at the U.S. Army All-America Bowl on Sunday.

The long-time Alabama commitment isn't a prospect who has had a very public recruitment.

"I really don't get into the recruiting business, I don't do all that," Davis said. "If I am taking my official, I am taking my official. I don't need to be on Twitter, I don't like talking about it."

While he has kept his recruitment relatively private, the Crimson Tide pledge hasn't shut the door on others.

"It has been going great," Davis said of his recruitment. "I am still trying to cut down to my top five. I haven't taken none of my visits. I am going to take them after the game."

Davis says everything is 'still the same' with Alabama, and that he remains in regular contact with them and is still solid to them. As for other suitors, there are a few.

"Lot of colleges like LSU, they have been showing a lot of love. Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida State, they have been showing a lot of love," Davis said.

The primary recruiter for Davis with the Seminoles is recruiting coordinator Tim Brewster. He and Davis have a strong bond.

"It is great," Davis said of his relationship with Brewster. "He is very fun. He is a cool coach. He is someone that you can talk to when you need to talk to a coach about things, about recruiting things. He is going to be straight-up with you. He is going to be there for you."

Davis, who unofficially visited FSU during the season, is set to officially visit on the weekend of January 22nd.

"Having fun, getting to look at the academics and getting to know the players a little better," Davis said of what he wants to see on the visit.

Other visits that are likely to occur are to Mississippi State on the 15th and Alabama likely on the 29th.

What would it take for one of the other schools to get Davis to part with Nick Saban and company?

"I really don't know," Davis said before adding what he wants to learn on his official visits. "I just want to see if I feel like I am at home. I want to see like a bond. I want to see if the academics are great. (I want to see if) I am great with the coaches and the players, I want to feel like they are my family," Davis said.

Davis said that currently Alabama embodies all of those things he wants in his future school

Mississippi State (75%) and Ole Miss (25%) are the two teams represented on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball for Davis.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Davis as the No. 87 prospect in the nation and No. 12 defensive tackle.
 11 months ago '13        #4368
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Josh Brown Ready To Enroll After Army Bowl

SAN ANTONIO, Tex. -- Florida State four-star linebacker Josh Brown moved his belongings into his new dorm at FSU on Saturday, then flew to San Antonio on Sunday to participate in the Army All-American Bowl.

“I moved in yesterday,” Brown told Ryan Bartow of 247Sports. “I start school next Monday, first class.”

Brown, from Charlotte, North Carolina, measured in today at 6-foot-2, 202-pounds. He’s ready to do whatever the FSU coaches ask of him.

“Wherever they put me on the field, I’ll play. In recruiting they were talking a lot about me playing Buck (linebacker), but it doesn’t matter, wherever they want to put me is fine with me,” he said.

While at the Army Game this week, Brown plans to team-up with fellow FSU commitment Janarius Robinson to see if they can sway a few targets to join them in Tallahassee.

“Me and Janarius (Robinson) are going to be on Trayvon Mullen heavy while he’s out here," Brown added. "Dexter (Lawrence) is committed to Clemson, but I’ll be in his ear. Those are the main two I’m focused on.”
 11 months ago '13        #4369
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Commit Sets ACC Visit

SAN ANTONIO, Tex. - Florida State offensive tackle commit Josh Ball (Fredricksburg, Va./Stafford) said he will officially visit Virginia January 22.

"I used to talk to BYU and that coach is now at Virginia," Ball said. "Coach Garett Tujague. UVA, I definitely want to get up there. Visit coach Tujague since I never got to go to BYU. He's an awesome guy. I really want to meet him. I just want to make a 100-percent decision that I'm making the right decision. It's a big decision. I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision."

He will officially visit FSU January 15. He already officially visited N.C. State October 30.

Ball said he's 'solid' with the Seminoles.

He verbally committed to Florida State June 5.

"The school campus. The academics. Everything about the academics and administrators," Ball said. "The campus was beautiful. Florida State is going on the right track even though the bowl game didn't go as well. We are going to get that National Championship next year. I believe in coach (Jimbo) Fisher. Coach (Rick) Trickett is one of the best offensive line coaches in the country."

Ball said he's been actively recruiting other four-star offensive tackles to join him at Florida State, namely Landon d!ckerson and Jauan Williams.

"I've been talking to Landon trying to recruit him, get him down there," Ball said. "I don't know what his thoughts are. I'm kind of iffy about that. I think we got Jauan. I think he's on board and locked down. I know he's committing on signing day. I think we got him. It's getting big. Our offensive line recruiting class is looking real good."

Ball said he's still being pursued by N.C. State, Virginia, Tennessee and West Virginia.

The Wolfpack did a home visit in December.

"I love their staff," Ball said of N.C. State. "Coach (Dave) Doeren is awesome. Everything is going up hill for them. I've kept in contact with them, too. I loved everything about the visit. Went to coach Doeren's house. There was one commit and he was trying to get me on."

Ball said N.C. State is his "No. 2 school" and they are pushing the hardest for the flip.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 22 offensive tackle and the No. 5 prospect in Virginia in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 11 months ago '13        #4370
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
White indicates he will return for senior season

Florida State junior cornerback Marquez White took to his Twitter account on Sunday evening to indicate he will wear the Garnet and Gold again in 2016.

Senior year going to be one to remember, mark my words

The 6-foot, 184-pound defensive back was expected to return, so the news does not come as a shock.

FSU is still waiting to hear the plans for junior defensive end DeMarcus Walker, junior defensive back Jalen Ramsey, and redshirt junior kicker Roberto Aguayo. Ramsey and Aguayo are expected to turn pro while Walker's plans are a bit more up in the air at this time.
 11 months ago '13        #4371
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
After Army, Robinson focused on life at FSU

SAN ANTONIO, Tex. -- A little over three weeks ago Panama City (Fla.) Bay four-star weak-side defensive end Janarius Robinson ended his recruitment, confirming his choice to attend Florida State, while also unveiling that he would be an early enrollee.

Before he officially enrolls, Robinson is participating in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He spoke about that recent decision to end his recruitment upon arriving in San Antonio, Texas on Sunday.

"I went with my first choice," Robinson said. "I went with my gut feeling and where my heart was.

"I called all of the coaches at all of the schools recruiting me and I told them thanks for recruiting me and everything, but that I will be attending Florida State," Robinson added. "Then I called (FSU head) Coach (Jimbo) Fisher and (defensive coordinator) Coach (Charles) Kelly and let them know."

Those decisions allowed Robinson to have a calm Holiday season.

"It has been very relaxed," Robinson said of life after recruiting.

Next up for Robinson is beginning his career in Garnet and Gold.

"I've already early enrolled at Florida State," Robinson said.

Technically Robinson has just moved into his dorm room. He will attend his first class next week upon returning from San Antonio.

He spoke on what his focus will be on over the next few months at FSU.

"Just getting into the system and learning everything," Robinson said. "Working on some issues that I've got, technique issues. Trying to get a spot."

This week at the Army Bowl Robinson is hanging out with fellow FSU early enrollee Josh Brown. The duo is recruiting, including focusing on prospects such as four-star defensive end Brian Burns.

Robinson is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 59 prospect in the nation and No. 3 weak-side defensive end.
 11 months ago '13        #4372
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Army Bowl Check-in: What we learned today

Sunday was check-in day for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. 247Sports.com caught up with four Florida State commitments and multiple targets. Here’s a rundown of what we learned:

-- We learned that Florida State commitment Josh Ball did take an official visit to N.C. State during the season and plans to take one to Virginia in January. He will also officially visit FSU. His visit to see the Seminoles will be Jan. 15th and the Cavaliers are expected to host him on the 22nd. Virginia’s tie to him is a coach that was recruiting him at BYU who is now on Bronco Mendenhall’s staff at UVa. Despite his visits, those who spoke to him in San Antonio feel he is very firm to the Seminoles. It wouldn't be a shock to see his visit plans cancelled after he takes his official to FSU.

-- We learned that Janarius Robinson and Josh Brown are inseparable. The friendship formed by the two Florida State early enrollees has been well documented, but it was on full display in San Antonio when they both arrived at the hotel. Early chemistry for two future edge-rushers for the Seminoles.

-- We also saw that Robinson and Brown are determined to add more talent for the Seminoles. Brown spoke of plans to recruit Brian Burns, Dexter Lawrence and Trayvon Mullen. Robinson and Brown were spotted with Burns during check-in day.

-- We also learned that Robinson and Brown are two prospects looking forward to their Florida State careers. Both are already moved in and will attend their first class a week from Monday (on the 11th). Robinson spoke of wanting to improve his technique while working to earn his spot. Brown spoke of a willingness to line up anywhere that the coaching staff wants him to.

-- We learned that Jamel Cook is definitely a recruit from South Florida. Despite a ‘solid’ pledge to the Seminoles, he intends to make a final decision on or near National Signing Day. He also has plans to see at least three schools in January. Florida State will get the last visit. The first visit, on the 15th, will go to Miami. The Hurricanes are the top contender as of today to sway him from the Seminoles. The weekend in-between those in-state visits is open and could go to Alabama or Southern Cal, according to Cook, but sources familiar with his recruitment say to keep an eye on South Carolina. The Gamecocks staff, specifically defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson, was why Cook was interested in and visited Auburn. Also, Cook is close to defensive end Keir Thomas, an early enrollee for the Gamecocks. All of that being said, we still expect Cook to end up in Tallahassee as of today, largely due to Tim Brewster.

-- Also on Cook, we learned he still wants to prove he is a cornerback. If he has his way, that is where he will line up at during practices at the Army Bowl. We believe his future value position is as a safety.

-- We learned what we already knew about Florida State's recruitment of Alabama commitment Raekwon Davis is true. FSU is in the mix because of Tim Brewster’s efforts and it has paid off with an official being scheduled for January 22nd. The Crimson Tide feels good about their standing with Davis, but the schools that they are primarily concerned with are Ole Miss and to a larger degree, Mississippi State. FSU is in the game, but has work to do to swing Davis.

-- Davis is a physically a monster. On the hoof, he is arguably the most physically impressive person at the Army Bowl. He looks like an offensive tackle with the long, lanky arms and big frame, but his play on the field this week will show defense is his domain. As for those measurements, they were 6-foot-6.5 and more than 320 pounds today.

-- We learned that FSU will get their chance to sway Brian Burns. The four-star defensive end locked in his officials to his final three – Georgia, Florida and then Florida State, in that order. The Gators lead here, despite Burns stating they are all equal today. FSU has a shot though, as he has built a bond with the staff. Also, as already mentioned, Burns is a primary target for Robinson and Brown this week in San Antonio.

-- We learned that Trayvon Mullen is still largely a battle between Florida State and LSU, despite others being mentioned. FSU got Mullen in for a visit in December and will work to get an unofficial in January. For now, LSU is lined up for his final visit, an official, on the weekend of January 22nd. Sources in San Antonio say that LSU has reason to continue to feel confident with Mullen as of now. FSU is second in the mix. FSU needs to acquire a final visit from Mullen and his family at the end of the month.

-- We learned that Florida State will be saving some money in the recruiting budget as they won’t have to travel to the Dakotas to recruit offensive lineman Matt Farniok. Farniok officially eliminated FSU from consideration and unveiled his final two officials at check-in. FSU had previously been part of his top four and a potential official visit.

===============

What will we learn tomorrow?

The teams hit the field for practice in the morning. Stick with us all day for live updates, observations and more.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 01-04-2016 at 11:25 AM..
 11 months ago '13        #4373
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Rasul leads East to win in Semper Fidelis AA Bowl

Florida State four-star running back commitment Amir Rasul starred in the 2016 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl, scoring three touchdowns on the ground in a 28-13 victory for the East.

He had 16 rushes for 68 yards and three touchdowns. His longest rush of the evening came from 13 yards out. He had no negative rushes.

#SemperFiEast first on the board pic.twitter.com/MtBOtRqf9B

Rasul earned praise throughout the week as one of the top offensive performers for the East squad in practices.

At the start of the event, Rasul stated he was 80-percent committed to the Seminoles. You can read that full update here.
 11 months ago '13        #4374
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Check-In At Army Bowl: FSU Measurements

Florida State has four commitments and three major targets playing in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas this week. On Sunday, during check-in, those prospects were measured in by the 247Sports.com staff. Here are those measurements:

OL Josh Ball - 6-foot-7, 297 pounds; 10.25" hands, 34" arms
DE Janarius Robinson - 6-foot-4.75, 236 pounds; 11" hands, 35" arms
DE Brian Burns - 6-foot-4.5, 209 pounds; 10" hands, 34.25" arms
DT Raekwon Davis - 6-foot-6.5, 327 pounds; 11.25" hands; 34.5" arms
LB Josh Brown - 6-foot-2.5, 206 pounds; 10" hands, 33" arms
CB Trayvon Mullen - 6-foot-1, 168 pounds; 9.25" hands, 32.5" arms
DB Jamel Cook - 6-foot-4, 190 pounds; 9.75" hands, 34" arms
 11 months ago '13        #4375
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl: Top 5 Performers

CARSON, Ca.- The East defeated the West tonight by a score of 28-13 in the 2016 edition of the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl, held at The Stub Hub Center in the Los Angeles Area.

The game's MVP was Notre Dame commit DE Khalid Kareem who finished with 3 tackles (1 for loss), 2 fumble recoveries (totaling 92 yards) and 1 touchdown, but he wasn't the only player to strut his stuff in the national all-star game.

247Sports breaks down the top five performers in tonight's Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl, as well as players from each team who saw their stocks rise this week through their performances in the game, as well as practices.

1. Khaleke Hudson: The McKeesport product had a very solid game and even played both ways for the East team. Defense is where he did most of his damage, though, recording 7 tackles, including 2 tackles for loss, as well as 1 forced fumble and 4 pass break-ups. He was very active throughout the game and looked good both in pursuit of the ball carrier and dropping back in coverage.

2. D'Vaughn Pennamon: The Ole Miss commit had a very strong game for the West, rushing 15 times for 123 yards and also catching 3 passes for 20 yards. At 5-foot-11, 220-pounds he is a load to bring down on first contact and has sneaky speed that helps him accelerate to the second level and make plays in the flat as a receiver.

3. Amir Rasul: The Florida State pledge may have been slightly snubbed for the MVP award, having scored 3 touchdowns on the night. The speedster finished off a strong week with 16 carries for 68 yards in this evening's game.

4. Jon-Michael Terry: Terry was the top defender for the West team tonight, recording 8 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 tackle for loss. The Oklahoma pledge did all that while playing middle linebacker, which is of note as he will be playing outside as a hybrid defensive end/outside linebacker for the Sooners.

5. Caleb Roddy: Roddy may have been overshadowed a bit by Kobe Jones and Ron Johnson Jr. during the week, but the LSU commitment still made several impressive plays in practice. During the actual game, the 6-foot-5, 255-pound defensive line shined the brightest, with 5 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 tackles for loss. He has a very lengthy frame and a great motor in pursuit, with positional versatility as he learns to use his size/strength combination to his advantage more consistently.

Honorable Mention: Theo Howard The UCLA commitment didn't have the best week of practice in terms of making plays, but backed up his 4-star status tonight with 5 catches for 81 yards and a TD.

Editor's Note: These were players not listed above in top performers.

EAST

Michigan defensive end commitment Ron Johnson Jr. was arguably the most dominant player in practice all week, and followed that up with a strong showing tonight. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound edge rusher has displayed above average explosiveness - and has used his natural strength and wingspan to set the edge and funnel running backs inside. The Wolverines have a prospect with physical upside and technical room for growth.

Another top 300 four-star prospect, Kobe Jones pushed Johnson for the top defensive line prospect on the East all week. At 6-foot-4, 270 pounds, Jones was simply too quick upfield for offensive linemen to square up. Jones needs to add some lower body weight so he can take on double teams, but during practice he jolted blockers and redirected them into the backfield with his violent hands.

Of all the defensive backs on the East, Zechariah McPhearson appeared to have the most physical upside. The Penn State commitment has the short-area explosiveness to recover, length to match up with taller receivers, and explosiveness to cover a lot of ground. What's more, the 6-foot, 180-pound cornerback looked very fluid in practice, effortlessly providing tight coverage and mirroring the West wideouts during the game.

Sean Pollard had defensive lineman cussing all week long, and not in a good way. His ability to get into his set and lock onto the defender allowed him to stay in front of the interior rushers, and he had enough pop to open up some big holes during the bowl game. The Clemson commitment has the size and agility to be a real a.sset at left guard for the Tigers down the road, provided he can consistently keep his pad level low and continue to work on his lateral movement against more explosive linemen.

WEST

Oregon commit QB Terry Wilson looked the most comfortable of all the West signal callers this week in running Steve Belles' offense and it paid off, as he earned the start in the game. Wilson didn't disappoint either, completing 10 of 19 passes for 111 yards and also rushing 8 times for 33 yards (13 lost to sack yardage) in the contest. Wilson is fit like a glove for the Oregon offense and turned some heads with his ability to throw the ball as good as he did this week. After he cleans up some footwork/mechanical things he should be a nice player in the Ducks' offense.

USC commit C.J. Pollard is due for a bump in the ratings after a standout week here in his home state. The future Trojans safety was fantastic in coverage all week, showing great awareness, tremendous speed to the ball, and the desire to come up and hit at the line of scrimmage

Texas defensive line commitment Andrew Fitzgerald had a fantastic week of practice and could be in line for a bump in the rankings. Fitzgerald showed an ability to flash playing both inside and outside throughout the week, was dominant in 1-on-1 action, and also lived in the backfield during live action.

Nebraska pledge JD Spielman didn't have a ton of opportunities in the game (2 receptions for 9 yards), but any onlooker can see he's a pure weapon with the ball in his hands. He's going to play slot/H for the Cornhuskers and be moved around the field to create mismatches at the next level. If this week was any indicator, that will work well, as linebackers are too slow to catch him and safeties may not have the agility to stick with him.
 11 months ago '13        #4376
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Amir Rasul scores three TD to lead East to Semper Fi Bowl win

CARSON, CALIF. — Florida State running back commitment Amir Rasul ran for three touchdowns as the East team won 28-13 in the 2016 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl on Sunday at the StubHub Center, giving the East a 3-2 advantage in the series.

Notre Dame defensive line commitment Khalid Kareem had three tackles, a tackle for loss and two fumble recoveries, including one he took 14 yards for the East touchdown.

Rasul, the No. 7 running back in the country per the 247Sports Composite, totalled 68 yards on 16 carries. West Virginia running back commitment Martell Pettaway had 90 yards on five carries for the East. Ole Miss running back commitment D'Vaughn Pennamon had 15 carries for a game-high 124 yards and a touchdown.

Quarterback Terry Wilson, an Oregon commitment, completed 10-of-19 passes for 111 yards, adding 46 rushing yards. The East quarterback trio of Austin Kendall, Messiah deWeaver, and Logan Byrd combined for just 34 passing yards, completing 6-of-15 passes, with two interceptions by Byrd, a North Carolina commitment.

Khaleke Hudson had seven tackles, two tackles for loss, forced a fumble and had a game-high four pass breakups, with no other player having more than one in the game. LSU defensive line commitment Caleb Roddy had five tackles and a game-high two sacks, totalling three tackles for loss in the game. Notre Dame linebacker commitment Jamir Jones had four tackles and an interception. Duke defensive end commitment Chidi Okonya two tackles and two sacks in the game.

Oklahoma defensive end commitment Jon-Michael Terry had a game-high eight tackles, a sack and a tackle for loss. Wisconsin outside linebacker commitment Noah Burks had an interception in the game.

The announced attendance Sunday was 6,173, just short of last year's Semper Fidelis Bowl record.

During the game, four-star wide receiver Diondre Overton (Greensboro, N.C./Page) announced his commitment to Clemson.

SCORING

First quarter

- EAST: Amir Rasul three-yard run. (7-0 East)

- WEST: Tucker McCann 33-yard field goal (7-3 East)

Second quarter

WEST: Theo Howard 17-yard reception from Dillon Sterling-Cole (10-7 West)

EAST: Khalid Kareem 14-yard fumble recovery (14-10 East)

West: Tucker McCann 40-yard field goal (14-13 East)

Third quarter

EAST: Amir Rasul two-yard run (21-13 East)

EAST: Amir Rasul nine-yard run (28-13 East)
 11 months ago '13        #4377
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Under Armour Recruiting Wrap Up

Florida State commits and targets made a huge impact on this year's Under Armour All-America Game. Malik Henry threw for two scores in Team Highlight's 27-0 win. Cornerback Levonta Taylor led the defense to a shut out and several other FSU prospects stood out as well. Here's a recap with our final thoughts on this year's game:

QB Malik Henry - He had about as good of a week as any quarterback in the game. Henry started off slow but continued to improve his consistency as the week went on. He played great in the game, throwing for two touchdowns.

I spoke with Henry’s father, he tells me Malik pressed a little bit in the beginning, played tight in the beginning which impacted his accuracy. There were no signs of the ‘problem child’ reputation he earned during his time at IMG. Malik showed a lot of maturity and leadership throughout the week.

TE Naseir Upshur - Upshur had a relatively quiet week. He missed a portion of the second practice due to an injury. Upshur is going to be a do-it-all type player at FSU. This type of game doesn’t highlight the things he does well.

Throughout the week Upshur spent a lot of time with Texas linebacker Dontavious Jackson. A person close to Upshur told me they get along really well because they relate to each others upbringing. They both came up in rough circumstances and have similar mindsets. If Jackson ends up at FSU, Upshur deserves nearly as much credit as his primary recruiter, Tim Brewster. Upshur’s only visit will be to Florida State in January.

C Baveon Johnson - Considering he had to deal with Rashan Gary all week, Johnson fared well. He had some issues with getting the snap back to the quarterback. During one practice they took him out after a couple bad snaps. Johnson was getting some extra attention on the side from the staff early in the week. Overall he held his own and was named the starting center for the game.

You could tell Johnson enjoyed his time there, competing with some of the best and spending time with his future quarterback, Malik Henry. It was Johnson’s first time working with Henry. Johnson is not an early enrollee, he’ll join the team in June. He plans to visit Alabama sometime before Signing Day.

CB Levonta Taylor - Nobody I spoke with (all networks) had a bad word to say about Levonta Taylor play throughout the week. Coaches heaped praise on him. During one of the practices I left Taylor’s field and went over to to the Team Armour field. I was over there for about five minutes and the teams head coach Steve Mariucci walked over to Deion Sanders and he starts telling him about Taylor. Deion said he knew who he was and Mariucci just kept on about how good he is and has a little bit of Primetime in him.

K/P Logan Tyler & Ricky Aguayo - I didn’t sepnd a whole lot of time watching special teams. I did watch a little and the kicks that I did see from Aguayo were good. I watched him knock down four or five 37-yard field goals in a row during 11on11. Tyler seemed to punt well when I saw him. They were working on punting from the back of the end zone and he was booming them. Aguayo enrolls at FSU this week. Tyler will join the team in June.

LB Keion Joyner - He didn’t enter the week as a commitment, but after speaking to him on the first day, there was no question in my mind where he was going. Joyner ran well, looked like he arrived in great shape considering he only played half his senior season. He’s going to need to bulk up, but overall I think he’ll be a productive player at FSU. 

Joyner’s relationship with Brad Lawing is what sealed the deal. Nobody stayed on him as closely as FSU during the time he was going through his dismissal from his high school team. Joyner will take his official visit to FSU in January. I’m not sure an LSU visit will happen.

DE Terrell Hall - He arrived with a knee injury and did not participate. FSU sits in a good spot for Hall. They’ll have a few storms to weather in January, including an official visit to Alabama in mid-January. He took his official to FSU in December. The coaches still have a few in-home visits to use. Fisher used his lone in-home in December.

WR Keith Gavin - He arrived with a shoulder injury and did not participate. Gavin’s recruitment is down to FSU or Alabama. Both staffs feel good about their chances at landing Gavin. He’ll visit both schools in January and make a decision afterward.

OT Landon d!ckerson - He had a great week playing guard. d!ckerson has excellent feet, he’s athletic and powerful. Tennessee seems to overtaken Auburn as the biggest threat for FSU. I put in a Crystal Ball prediction of FSU for d!ckerson this week.

S Brandon Burton - I wasn’t blown away by Burton during the week. He’s a ball hawk, I just don’t know if he is as physical as the type of defensive backs FSU tends to have success with. Burton was all set to commit to UCLA on Saturday before delaying his commitment about an hour prior to when his Bleacher Report video was set to drop.

A source tells me Burton wanted to take his mother up to Tallahassee on Sunday, the day after the game. They talked about and were all set to make plans with FSU’s staff… only one problem. It’s a dead period. FSU can’t meet with Burton or his family until after January 13th. As of now, I’m told his mom will make a visit and Brandon may or may not be on it with her. After yesterday’s game Brandon told me he will take an official visit to UCLA in January and then make his decision shortly after that.

WR Nate Craig-Myers and DB Jayvaughn Myers - During the week of Under Armour the Myers brothers told me they weren’t going to take official visits instate. I made a few calls and last night to a source close to their recruitment and was told their mother would like them to visit both FSU and UF. Those visits could still be set when FSU goes back in-home after the dead period. If they aren’t, then I don’t see FSU signing them.

DT Shavar Manuel - Manuel had a lot to prove during the week of practice. I thought he arrived in shape and ready to compete. Almost everyone I spoke with was surprised by his level of play. Sean Fitz of 247Sports was a.ssigned to watching the defensive line throughout the week. He said Shavar was up and down, there were times he got beat, but he also had his fair share of wins as well. FSU and UF will get January visits, LSU and USF are also hanging around, but right now I think he’s Florida’s to lose.

LB Dontavious Jackson - You really don’t get an appreciation for Jackson until you see him move at 6-foot-2 and 240-pounds. Jackson is an impact player. Throughout the week Levonta Taylor and Naseir Upshur made it a point to never let Jackson do anything alone. If they were going to dinner, practice, a banquet, to play video games, anything at all — Taylor and Upshur were there. I gotta be honest, I’m close to putting in a Crystal Ball for FSU.

CB Carlos Becker - Becker may have had the break-out performance of the week. He’s going to be one of the hottest uncommitted prospects during the month of January. I’m told he’s climbed FSU’s board as well. Landing Becker is a huge priority, right there with Trayvon Mullen. Becker told me NC State and FSU were the two he’s highest on right now. I expect Ohio State, Miami and others to make a run at him. Florida State will get him in on an official visit on January 15th, Ohio State on the 22nd and Ole Miss on the 29th.
 11 months ago '13        #4378
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
Gotta treat for ya @

#1 & #33 are my 2 for the 49ers
Glad you posted this! I wanted to watch it the other night on Sun but we got rid of our sports package here recently and I don't live in FL.
 11 months ago '08        #4379
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,626 | Props total: 258 258
we're in on a lot more guys than i thought.

i think that texas LB is ready for the spear after readin all this
 11 months ago '13        #4380
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Latest On DeMarcus Walker

Florida State junior defensive end DeMarcus Walker has not yet reached a final decision regarding whether he will return for his senor season or opt to enter the NFL Draft.

On Monday, Walker is expected to meet or speak with head coach Jimbo Fisher regarding his plans. It is not clear if a final decision will be made at that time.

Walker returned to Jacksonville after the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and was expected to discuss his future with his mother and a select few other individuals he holds close.

Walker is one of three potential early entree candidates for the Seminoles, along with junior defensive back Jalen Ramsey and redshirt junior kicker Roberto Aguayo.

Junior cornerback Marquez White took to Twitter on Sunday evening to disclose that he intends to return to FSU for his senior season.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy