Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (1 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 months ago '13        #4341
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 318 318
No. 1 recruit Rashan Gary reveals his decision date and the top teams still in the mix.

Rashan Gary is a 6-foot-5, 293-pound defensive tackle that can anchor a defensive line and single-handedly wreak havoc on an offense. He's an explosive, athletic freak with a quick first step and fast, strong hands.

That's why he's ranked as the No. 1 player in the entire country (per 247Sports Composite), and it's also why he's one of the most highly sought after recruits.

With January approaching, and National Signing Day on Feb. 3, Gary is doing his due diligence to determine which program is the best fit for his future. He has one official visit left to schedule and is eyeing several schools in the South.

According to ESPN recruiting analyst Tom VanHeeran, Gary told reporters at the Under Armour All-America Game media session that he's considering visiting Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia or LSU.

Michigan is currently considered by many to be the frontrunner for his services, but Gary didn't tip his hat on which school he has leading. He did, however, name his top teams, which include Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss and USC.

The Gators and Seminoles are in the mix but appear to be long shots to land the New Jersey prospect. However, an official visit could go a long way toward swaying Gary.

Following the hiring of defensive coordinator Greg Schiano, Ohio State tried to jump back into the picture, but the Buckeyes appear to be on the outside looking in.

Gary plans to announce his decision on National Signing Day.
 11 months ago '13        #4342
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
5-star Auburn commit hearing form others

Five-star offensive tackle and Auburn commit Calvin Ashley, a 2017 prospect from Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips, was in attendance for the Under Armour Future 50 event on Thursday.

The 6-foot-7, 307-pound tackle spoke with 247Sports’ Luke Stampini updating his status with the Tigers, as well as other programs he’s hearing from.

“I’m 100 percent,” Ashley said of his commitment status. “(Auburn) has really nice coaches; it’s a nice place to be, nice facilities … I love it.”

Ashley committed to Auburn last May over Florida State and Florida, among others. He talked about what he expects from the Tigers going forward.

“They’ll have a pretty good season next year,” Ashley said. “I mean this year there were just ups and downs, but next year it’ll be a pretty good season.”

Ashley is consistently hearing from other programs despite his commitment status.

“Florida State, Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss … it’s a lot of schools,” Ashley said.

The five-star tackle visited Gainesville for the FAU game in November. He talked about the experience.

“It was an ok game; it was ugly,” Ashley said. “They got the W, so it was a pretty good visit.

“Coach (Jim McElwain), they really want me there. They’re struggling on the offensive line right now, and that’s a big part of my decision.”

Ashley went on to talk about the other instate program coming after him – Florida State.

“I have a really good relationship with Florida State and the coaches and the players,” Ashley said. “I have some family from Tallahassee, it’s a nice coaching staff and it’s a pretty good school also.”

The Florida native talked about the message from Alabama offensive line coach Mario Cristobal.

“His message is that they improve on offensive linemen a lot,” Ashley said. “They send them to the collegiate level and NFL level, so I mean it’s pretty good for offensive linemen.

“I’m going to Alabama in January on the 15th or 16th,” Ashley said. “I just want to look at the facilities – I’ve never been there before – I want to check around the school and see how nice it is.”
 11 months ago '15        #4343
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 1018 1018
To my bx bros in FL watch the sunshine network at 6pm 2nite. My boys w/b on there. It's titled Orange bowl youth alliance. My oldest is #1 for the palm beach 120lb squad & my 2nd son is #33 for the 105lb squad. This is our allstar team playing against other allstar teams from across south FL. Sorry for the late notice.
 11 months ago '08        #4344
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,625 | Props total: 258 258
that game left my stomach in knots but to hell with it. gotta respect houston on that one. they played at 110%.

i actually love how we didnt quit. our defense was the best you could hope for and more. when the offense gives away 5 turnovers, your guaranteed to lose.

im not too mad at the offense either. oline loved gettin butt humped at 1st, but that halftime speech musta reminded them they like girls cause they showed up 2nd half. mcguire gettin hurt changed the game honestly. if hes healthy i think we win. came all the way back to within 7 with a boot and 5 turnovers!!!!

keep ya heads up family. and i know yall were right there smilin with me watchin florida get mopped 41-7!! LOL
 11 months ago '13        #4345
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Semper Fidelis Bowl: East Day Three Top Performers

COSTA MESA, Ca.- The East team wrapped up its third and final practice in pads as they prepare for Sunday's Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl.

Real recognize real. As Tavares Chase (Plant City, Fla./Plant City) made his third catch in a row during the East team's scrimmage, Wisconsin linebacker commitment Dallas Jeanty said Chase was the "real deal."

The 6-foot-2, 170-pound wideout has been giving defensive backs fits all week, and on Friday, he was able to showcase his ability to get open during several drives of the East team scrimmage.

Chase has an innate ability to find holes in coverage and get open, and while he a wide catch radius, he is so slippery before and after the catch, a trait usually reserved for much smaller receivers. The Tigers appear to be getting a volume reception receiver with a lot of yards-after-catch potential.

1. Diondre Overton: While Chase has been the top overall wideout this week for the East, Overton might have the best hands on the team.

The 6-foot-5 prospect knows how to use his size to his advantage, and Overton really did a nice job Friday adjusting to the ball in the air, using his long arms to make a couple diving catches along the sideline.

When contested, Overton displayed strong hands to snatch the ball away from cornerbacks, and continues to make strides as a route runner.

2. Sean Pollard: Pollard has separated himself as the top offensive lineman on the East, dominating defenders at the point of attack. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound guard frustrated defensive linemen and linebackers with his ability to pull and deliver a strong initial pop. There is some nastiness to the Clemson commitment's game, and Pollard was able to open up quite a few lanes for the tailbacks on day three.

3. Amir Rasul: Other than Chase, Rasul has been the most consistent playmaker on offense for the East. Rasul shows great shiftiness again on Friday, keeping his eyes open as the lanes opened and closed in front of him. Rasul used his speed to break off a few big runs, but the Seminoles' commitment also showed the vision during zone runs to cut back and get extra yards.

4. Austin Kendall: Kendall began the week as the top passer in practice, and he continued to impress on Friday. The Sooners' commitment has been the most accurate passer, making him the frontrunner to start on Sunday.

Kendall has such a quick release and is able to let it rip without hesitation.

5. Brad Hawkins: Most wide receivers play outside for their high school. When practice began, the coaches let them go to a spot and work. Hawkins went to the slot and has done well when the ball has come his way. He has done well catching short passes and on end-arounds, and the Michigan commitment is more fluid and sudden than many might think given his size, especially in tight spaces, where he used double moves to make defenders miss twice in a span of five plays Friday.

1. Kobe Jones: Not to sound like a broken record, but Jones has been the best or second-best defensive lineman on the East. The 6-foot-4, 270-pound defensive lineman has been too explosive to contain all week, and on Friday he caused a lot of issues. Violent hands are always a valuable trait at the line of scrimmage, and Jones has that in spades, knocking blockers back with power.

2. Ron Johnson: Right behind Jones on Friday was Johnson once again. The 6-foot-4, 228-pound is tenacious off the line, and he has the speed to get to the football that cannot be coached. The Michigan commitment has had some new things thrown at him this week, and he has adapted well, while showing a high football IQ.

3. Zechariah McPhearson: The Penn State commitment showcased the best footwork in the East secondary Friday, mirroring wideouts cloosely and transitioning very well. This allowed McPherson to avoid getting separated on and allowed him to make plays on the football. The future Nittany Lion checks off all the boxes and has a promising future in the secondary, as well as a possible return man.

4. Cameron Brown: Brown was flying to the football Friday, coming down with another interception. There were some questions coming in with how well the Penn State commitment would do in a situation where he is not allowed to use his skill set as a blocker, but he showed he could cover the tight end vertically in space. Once he gets weight on him, Brown has a chance to be special.

5. Chidi Okonya: The Duke commitment is coming on strong. His tremendous wingspan allowed him to bat a few passes down Friday, and he flashed some pass rush tools off the edge as well. Okonya is still very raw at this stage, but there is no doubt that his best football is in front of him.

Quarterback

Kendall has been the best overall quarterback this week. He knows where to put the football, can throw well on the run, and gives his target a catchable ball the vast majority of the time. That being said, Logan Byrd has gotten better each day. His release is very similar to Kendall's, which is a good thing. Messiah deWeaver has struggled throwing the ball, but has been a pleasant surprise as a runner this week.

Running Back

Martell Pettaway again sat out practice on Friday, making his availability for Sunday's game very much in question. Expect a heavy dose of Amir Rasul, which should allow the Florida State commitment to showcase his feature back ability at the next level.

Khaleke Hudson has been a very pleasant surprise at running back. At 5-foot-11, 200-pounds, he has displayed very good vision in the backfield.

Wide Receiver/Tight End

Look for Chase, Overton and Hawkins to start the game in trips formation, with Isaiah Graham, Darion Anderson and Korben Sparks rotating in. Jamal Pettigrew and Danny Dalton were not asked to block as much on Friday, and both were able to reel in a couple nice catches across the middle.

Offensive Line

The first unit offensive line on Friday consisted of, from left to right, Eddy Fish, Sean Pollard, Michael Maietti, Drew Wilson, and Robert Kraeling. At this point, Wilson looks like an absolute steal for Georgia Southern, as the 6-foot-3, 280-pound guard is adept at pulling and getting blocks at the second level.

William Fries is out with an injury, and while Jay Jay McCargo missed practice on Friday, he is hoping to participate in Saturday's walk-thru and play in the game.

Defensive Line

Ron Johnson and Kobe Jones have been dominant, but right behind them has been Caleb Roddy. The LSU commitment has taken snaps at nose tackle, and his frame suggests that he will add weight and stay inside at the next level. Navy commitment Joe Goff has had his best day of practice Friday. Khalid Kareem could be the strongest defensive lineman on the team, and should be able to develop even more in that area once he gets to college.

Bo Peek and Kobe Smith are out with injuries.

Linebacker

Jamir Jones has settled in well at weak-side linebacker, and will likely start alongside Dallas Jeanty and Cameron Brown. Jones has been a physical presence and it was apparent Friday while listening to him explain coverage a.ssignments on the sideline that he knows the game really well. He also looks to have plenty of room to grow into his 6-foot-3 frame. Jeanty had an active day again Friday, flying sideline-to-sideline and throwing his body into the ball carrier a couple of times, causing coaches to yell at him to ease up during practice.

Defensive Back

Bricen Garner and Khaleke Hudson have done well lined up at free and strong safety. Garner has outstanding natural instincts in coverage, and Hudson came over from running back and proceeded to pick off the first pass thrown his way.
 11 months ago '15        #4346
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
I know SG got the bg's after seeing Henry play today. That ball placement was on point. Scrambled well & had pocket awareness. I know it was against high school kids but I like what I saw. Taylor made me smile as well. We need a helluva spark in the return game. I was hoping to hear some commitments coming our way but oh well. Just have to wait & see how it pans out.
 11 months ago '15        #4347
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
Oh yeah, we got Keion Joyner too.
 11 months ago '08        #4348
rfessler1 
space
space
last joyner we landed worked out pretty good too. yall see the levonte taylor inteview after the under armour game? big juan williams was behind him fired up for his teammate and im not talkin team highlight
 11 months ago '15        #4349
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
 rfessler1 said:
last joyner we landed worked out pretty good too. yall see the levonte taylor inteview after the under armour game? big juan williams was behind him fired up for his teammate and im not talkin team highlight
Now I know it wasn't just me that heard that. I wasn't really paying attention at the time & when dude said that I had to do a double take. We need some good 4-5 star talent at OL & stop taking so many project players. It's really hurting the entire offense. Plus w/ what Henry showed that kid deserves top tier protection.
 11 months ago '06        #4350
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
Damn american confrence school. You got blown out by a made up name confrence
 11 months ago '08        #4351
rfessler1 
space
space
 DEDOS said:
dedos as usual with your sick masochistic comments. you know damn well we cant let that slide.

so the team that lost to the made up name conference school has drilled your team for a decade. now whats that say about U? my bad im sure you beat an awesome opponent in your bowl game anyways. wait...U lost? ok well at least you got the best gameday fans ever...best stadium ever...coach? boosters? conference championships? division championships? mascot?

this is it: the best failure of a once great program in college football bein run into the dirtiest canal in S. Florida by judge judy. congratulations masochist
 11 months ago '13        #4352
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 rfessler1 said:
dedos as usual with your sick masochistic comments. you know damn well we cant let that slide.

so the team that lost to the made up name conference school has drilled your team for a decade. now whats that say about U? my bad im sure you beat an awesome opponent in your bowl game anyways. wait...U lost? ok well at least you got the best gameday fans ever...best stadium ever...coach? boosters? conference championships? division championships? mascot?

this is it: the best failure of a once great program in college football bein run into the dirtiest canal in S. Florida by judge judy. congratulations masochist
 11 months ago '13        #4353
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Updated: Burton explains decision to delay

ORLANDO -- Noles247.com has learned four-star safety Brandon Burton will not announce his college decision as previously planned.

Burton pre-recorded a commitment video with Bleacher Report that was supposed to be released around noon. A source informs Noles247 that it’s “definitely not” happening today. As of now there is no timetable on when he will announce.

Sources believe the reason for the hold up was because Burton was unsure if he was going to commit to UCLA or Florida State.

Post-game Update:

Following the Under Armour All-America Game, Burton shared why he decided to wait on making an announcement.

"Right now I just decided to push it back a little bit, just allow a little bit more time to pass," Burton said.

Burton said he is going to take an official to UCLA in January, but didn't specify which weekend the visit will occur.

"That is pretty much the only visit I have left to take," Burton said.

Burton said a decision will come after that visit, but didn't specify a date.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Burton as the No. 137 prospect in the nation and No. 6 safety overall.

USC claims a majority of predictions on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball for Burton, but the main two schools in the mix are FSU and UCLA. The Bruins (33%) lead the 'Noles (13%) in predictions.
 11 months ago '15        #4354
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
 DEDOS said:
Go take your a.ss to sleep along w/ the play of your canes.
 11 months ago '13        #4355
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Deion Sanders breaks down Florida State commitment

ORLANDO -- Former Florida State star Deion Sanders had an up-close look at Ocean Lakes (Va.) cornerback Levonta Taylor this week at practices for the Under Armour All-America Game.

Saturday, Sanders was asked what he thought of Taylor, a Florida State commitment.

“Let me tell you something: I expect him to walk in there Day One and learn the game and to be able to play and contribute,” Sanders said. “He has the attitude. He has the swagger. He has the work ethic. And academically, he’s sound. So this guy’s going to make a difference in someone’s life.”

Taylor is the No. 1 cornerback and the No. 7 overall player in the 247Sports Composite.
 11 months ago '13        #4356
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Henry leads Highlight to 27-0 win at UA Game

ORLANDO -- Florida State four-star quarterback pledge Malik Henry threw a pair of touchdown passes leading Team Highlight to a 27-0 victory over Team Armour in the 2016 Under Armour All-America Game.

"I tried to stay dialed in from beginning to end," Henry said. "At the beginning, I was a little nervous but I try not to show it. So I think I just stayed calmed and collected, went out there and had fun."

Henry finished 9-for-12 for 75 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He is set to make his way to Tallahassee on Sunday to officially enroll at the University.

"Everybody at this level is faster. You are playing with elite athletes. It speeds up a lot. You just have to get used to it, adjust to it," Henry said. "Just come out there, play ball, and have fun.

"Speed is everything," Henry added. "Defense, offense, everybody is moving fast and everybody is a ball hawk. So you really have to get it out of your hand and know where you are going."

FSU QB commit Malik Henry throws a TD pass to AJ Brown in the Under Armour All-America Game pic.twitter.com/Dm1qPy8XLh

In addition to Henry, three-star kicker pledge Ricky Aguayo added two field goals, from 23 and 29 yards out, and three extra points for Team Highlight.

Defensively, five-star cornerback pledge Levonta Taylor played well, recording three tackles and a pass breakup. He also had three punt returns for 64 yards including a long of 41 yards.

Other stats:

Four-star tight end commitment Naseir Upshur had a 6-yard reception.

Four-star wide receiver target Nate Craig-Myers had an 18-yard reception.

Four-star defensive tackle target Shavar Manuel recorded a pair of tackles.

Four-star linebacker target Dontavious Jackson had four tackles and a quarterback hurry.

Four-star linebacker target Keion Joyner recorded three tackles.

Four-star cornerback target Carlos Becker had three tackles.

Four-star cornerback target Jayvaughn Myers recorded a tackle.

Henry quote provided by Josh Newberg on-site. Stats are official from the game.
 11 months ago '13        #4357
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Herm Edwards on Henry's performance, leadership

ORLANDO -- Veteran NFL coach and broadcaster Herm Edwards was the head coach for Team Highlight in the 2016 Under Armour All-America Game. His team defeated Team Armour, 27-0, due in part to two touchdown passes from Florida State quarterback pledge Malik Henry.

"He played well," Edwards said of Henry. "All these guys are under a lot of pressure because of recruiting, all of what they have accomplished as a high school player, and then they get to this game, the Under Armour All-America Game, and they know everybody is watching them and they want to perform well. It is hard because it is an all-star game.

"But the week of practice and how the guy competes, you could tell that he was going to do something special and he obviously did," Edwards added on Henry.

The football lifer was asked who he would compare Henry to, but stated he isn't in the business of comparing high school players to others. He did drop a compliment on the future Seminoles' signal-caller.

"This guy is a high school guy, he hasn't played in college yet, let him grow, but he has talent," Edwards said.

Edwards, who was with Team Highlight throughout the week of practice, did find himself impressed with how Henry conducts himself in the huddle and with his teammates.

"Good leader. He works at it," Edwards said. "He is not afraid to step forward.

"That is the challenge I gave all these kids, don't be a follower, be a leader," Edwards added.
 11 months ago '13        #4358
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
UA Game Recruiting Scoop

ORLANDO -- Lets get right to it:

— Four-star linebacker Keion Joyner told me after the game that he was going to go home and talk to his mom, call me next week and we’ll do the commitment story.

Today’s confusion was a result of a ESPN interview that was accidentally broadcast into the pressbox. It was after the game and there was only a handful of people in the box and they heard it.

There’s no question in my mind that Joyner is going to FSU. Which is why I’ve been so confident all week in my reports and answering questions on the message board about him and FSU. However, he’s telling me he doesn’t want it out. So… I’ll wait till next week when he gives me the go-ahead to put him on the commit list. 

Another weird day in the recruitment of Keion Joyner, but this was not on him. He still probably has no idea it was made public in the pressbox.

— As we reported prior to the game four-star safety Brandon Burton has delayed his decision. He was expected to commit today and I fully believe it was going to be UCLA. They delay is positive for FSU.

After the game Burton told me he’s going to take his final official visit and that will be to UCLA. He plans to set the date for mid January. Burton says he’ll make his announcement after his UCLA visit.

One more bit of scoop on Burton, he tells me his mother will “definitely” be making her own trip to Tallahassee “soon”. Brandon didn’t know if he would be with her, but his mother will be making a visit.

— Prior to the game FSU five-star commitment Levonta Taylor’s father came up and introduced himself to me. We chatted about a few things and he pointed out on the field to four-star linebacker Dontavious Jackson, saying he’s confident FSU is going to land him.

I followed up with Levonta after the game. We spoke about a few things and I asked him what his thoughts are on Jackson after spending a week with him, Taylor responded, “locked down to FSU”, with a big smile.

I don’t think Jackson has made his decision, but the confidence of FSU’s bellcow recruit is worth noting.

====================================

I'll have much more this weekend, just wanted to post the latest juice straight from the field.
 11 months ago '13        #4359
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Henry Heading To Tallahassee

ORLANDO -- After leading Team Highlight to a 27-0 victory over Team Armour in the Under Armour All-America Game, four-star pro-style quarterback Malik Henry has officially ended one chapter of his football career.

"I had to go out with a touchdown too, so I am happy I got that last drive," Henry said.

Henry finished 9-for-12 for 75 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

The next chapter, at the collegiate level, starts on Sunday.

"I leave tomorrow," Henry said afterwards. "I can't wait. I am just going to go in, listen to whatever Jimbo has to tell me. Follow all the instructions. Take all the rookie (hazings) and all that. Just work hard and do my best and hopefully I win the job."

Henry reflected on why he chose Florida State more than a year ago.

"Florida State means a lot to me," Henry said. "They treated me with respect. The coaches treated me great, treated me like family, the teammates, all that. So I just can't wait to get down there.

"Weather is the same. Coaches really showed me that they care about me and that I am part of their family even when I was not committed. That was pretty big for me. Florida State, location, Tallahassee is a great city," Henry added. "I just can't wait to get down there."
 11 months ago '13        #4360
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Keion Joyner now on the list

Havelock (N.C.) four-star linebacker Keion Joyner is now officially committed to Florida State.

Joyner pre-recorded a commitment video with ESPN, that ESPN mistakenly broadcasted in the press box immediately following the Under Armour Game. The video was officially released about an hour after the game's conclusion, via ESPN.com. It can be viewed here.

"For the next four years I'll be taking my talents to ... Florida State," Joyner said in the video. "Go 'Noles."

Joyner chose the Seminoles over LSU and others.

FSU defensive ends and outside linebackers coach Brad Lawing was pivotal in his recruitment.

"The coaching chemistry that me and Coach Lawing had," Joyner said. "The fact that he was just checking out my grades. He just wanted to stay on top of things. The fact of that.

"Then the loyalty that he had going from Florida to Florida State," Joyner added.

Lawing began his coaching career at Havelock.

Joyner spoke about his trials and tribulations, as well as his recruitment, with Noles247.com upon arriving at the Under Armour All-America Game. That story can be read here.

Joyner has yet to visit FSU. He is expected to take an official visit in January.

Joyner is the No. 211 prospect overall and No. 14 outside linebacker in the 247Sports.com Composite.

He is the 18th pledge for FSU in 2016. The complete commitment list can be viewed here.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy