most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Just Blaze clowning Joe Budden & his "Galaxy 1"
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ariel Winter Reveals She Has A Crush On Drake
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Big Tiddy Meat and a Big Smile
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pregnant blac chyna in a black bear costume

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10 months ago '13        #4281
$3,188 | Props total: 243 243
Knott remains wide open

ORLANDO, Fla. — One thing is clear for Madison (Miss.) Germantown four-star cornerback Nigel Knott — he’s not close to making a public commitment.

With only one official visit to Oregon under his belt, the elite talent is still planning on deciding after taking four more official visits.

“I am still figuring things out,” said the 5-11, 175-pounder. “I got the in-state schools [Ole Miss, Mississippi State], Alabama, Oregon, USC, Florida State, Miami, and Florida.”

Knott was in Eugene way back on Sept. 19. It was the only official visit Knott took during the fall.

“I’ve only been to Oregon. It was fun,” said Knott. “It was pretty much everything I expected going into it. Nothing really surprised me, because I did all my research before the visit.”

Florida State was one of the early favorites for the standout defensive back and Florida was another team very much under consideration. It’s clear that the warm weather is benefitting both the Seminoles and Gators.

“I love the area. I really love this Florida area,” said Knott. “That’s what I like about Florida and Florida State. It’s the same thing with California and why I like USC. It’s a definite positive, playing in warm weather, but it’ll probably won’t really affect my decision too much. But with Florida State, I had a great feel when I was there being around the team. I felt like I could fit in there.”

When looking at the 247Sports Crystal Ball, Alabama is the heavy favorite with 48-percent of the predictions in favor of the Crimson Tide. Oregon is running in second with 26-percent of the picks.

“Alabama has a dominant nature of the whole team,” said Knott. “Coach Saban would be my position coach in a sense. I like Mel Tucker and Coach Pruitt. With Coach Pruitt coming in, I kind of know him a little, so when he came over I knew that there were more defensive-minded coaches coming in.”

Knott isn’t sure if he’ll announce his commitment on National Signing Day or just prior to that Feb. 3 date. However, he knows it will come a few more trips.

“I’ll make a decision after my next four visits,” said Knott. “I know there are only three weekends left to take visits, but I’ll take one during the week too. I’m not really sure when I want to decide or anything, but it’ll definitely be after all four visits.

“I’m not sure,” Knott added when asked if any schools were locks to receive an official visit. “I’m actually going home after this game and figuring this all out.”

Knott made it clear that he likes a lot of different things about many schools. When he thinks he could be closing in on a decision, he steps back and starts reconsidering all of his options again, which brings him back to square one.

“I like Oregon, Alabama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss,” said Knott. “Honestly, I really like the Florida schools too. Both in-state schools are coming after me hard and I like them. They both have great staffs and it would be nice playing close to home. I’ve already been to Oregon and that was great. Alabama is a great program as well.”

Per the 247Sports Composite rankings, Knott is the No. 54 overall player nationally, No. 6 cornerback in the country and No. 2 prospect in Mississippi from the class of 2016.
 10 months ago '13        #4282
Florida State gets the last shot at Manuel

ORLANDO -- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive tackle Shavar Manuel has had a roller coaster of a recruitment. At different points of his recruitment LSU, FSU and UF have all been named leaders. Manuel hasn’t committed anywhere yet, but the end is near. With Signing Day right around the corner it looks as if three instate teams - Florida, Florida State and South Florida - have the best shot at landing him.

“I’m visiting the two top Florida schools in January, I got Florida State and Florida. After that I don’t really have anything set up until Signing Day.”

Those visits will take place January 22nd to UF and January 29th to Florida State. Manuel has taken one official visit so far and that was to LSU on October 17th.

When pressed on whether or not he’ll take a visit to USF, Manuel said it was still possible.

“Yeah, they will, most likely. Me and coach Willie (Taggart) and coach (Raymond) Woodie have a great relationship. Playing for your hometown is a dream come true that little kids look up to.”

Manuel also admitted he’s taken more visits to USF than most know about.

“Yeah I’ve taken like three or four visits people don’t know about. It’s home for me, just going there and watching ESPN and hangout like it’s my living room. Coach Taggart’s office is right behind me, it’s a privilege to be able to do that,” he said.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Manuel said he’s been talking with UF and USF the most lately.

“I talk to Florida and USF a lot. I talk with Coach (Chris) Rumph and (Marquell) Blackwell at Florida.”

Manuel is also still hearing from his IMG Academy teammate and LSU commit, Saivion Smith.

“Saivion has been in my ear a lot about LSU since the day he committed trying to get me to LSU. Coach (Cory) Raymond does a good job recruiting me, but for me it’s about the best fit,” he said.

Manuel claims no leader.

“I would say all the teams are about equal. My decision is going to be about me and where I fit in. When I make my decision that’s it, I’m not a big commitment and decommitment type guy.”

A final decision will likely come on Signing Day.

The Gators lead the Seminoles 44-42 on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Manuel as the No. 42 prospect in the nation and No. 7 defensive tackle.
 10 months ago '13        #4283
Pipeline? Aquinas star and NFL legacy says Ohio State stands out

The Buckeyes have had plenty of success recruiting the powerhouse Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas program. Most notably former Aquinas star Joey Bosa has had a great career for the Buckeyes and his younger brother 5-star Nick Bosa is headed to Ohio State.

Current Aquinas 2017 wide receiver Trevon Grimes has Ohio State at the top of his list. And the Buckeyes are also one of the top choices of 2018 Aquinas star Asante Samuel Jr.

“Ohio State, Florida State, LSU, Michigan and Alabama,” Samuel Jr. said when asked which schools stand out from his list of over 20 scholarship offers.

Samuel Jr. went on to talk more about his interest in the Buckeyes.

“I’ve been thinking about them,” Samuel Jr. said. “In the spring my coach told me Ohio State offered. I was really excited. I think I’m supposed to go up there with Trevon. I think it will be around the spring. I think Ohio State is really good with coach (Urban) Meyer and the good coaching staff.”

The 5-foot-10 and 160-pound Samuel intercepted five passes during his sophomore season despite missing four games with a sprained LCL. He helped Aquinas finish 14-1 including another state championship.

Samuel’s father Asante Samuel Sr. played his college ball at Central Florida before playing in the NFL for New England, Philadelphia and Atlanta.

Samuel Jr. is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports rankings. He is the country’s No. 67 overall 2018 prospect, the No. 7 cornerback, and the No. 12 prospect in Florida.
 10 months ago '13        #4284
Kelly: 'I want to be here for a long time'

ATLANTA -- Charles Kelly began his answer, about why he is still at Florida State. And as he began to list the reasons, the emotions took over and he had to stop.

“Florida State is a great place to coach, Tallahassee is a great place to live. Jimbo Fisher has been very loyal to me," Kelly said Tuesday morning.

And there was a long pause at the end of what was a nearly 14-minute interview. FSU's second-year defensive coordinator had to wave his hand, ending an insightful Q&A session. But the message was clear how much his job means to the 48-year-old Kelly.

There was a great deal of uncertainty surrounding Kelly just a few weeks ago as Auburn pursued him. As Noles247 previously reported, no offer was made by Auburn and Kelly opted to stay in Tallahassee.

After losing stars like Timmy Jernigan, Lamarcus Joyner, Telvin Smith, Terrence Brooks and Christian Jones to the NFL, FSU's defense struggled in 2014 (allowing 25.6 points per game). But the Seminoles have one of the top defenses in the FBS in 2015, ranking fifth at 15.8 points per game, going in to the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Thursday against Houston.

FSU (10-2) is the only defense in the FBS in 2015 to keep each team under 25 points in the regular season. Kelly made sure to point out that the turnaround in the defense is a credit to the defensive a.ssistants (Brad Lawing, Odell Haggins and Bill Miller) along with graduate a.ssistants Addison Lynch and Jeremiah Wilson.

"The thing for me is to have people talk about those situations (interest from other schools), that's a result of a lot of other people," Kelly said. "We have a great coaching staff that I'm able to work with. The players have been very good. They have bought in to everything. They have been very loyal to me.

"Coach Fisher, he gave me an opportunity to coordinate at one of the greatest schools in the country and it's flattering that other people would see that work. But again, that's the work of a lot of people. It's not just me. It's not a me thing. It's a lot of other people. I'm tickled to death to be at Florida State. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be in this situation and hope I have many more years here."

Fisher and Kelly first worked together in 1993 on Auburn's staff, when Fisher was the quarterbacks coach and Kelly was a graduate a.ssistant. The respect in that one year was mutual, and Fisher hired Kelly in 2013.

"I’ve always said he’s one of the finest human beings I’ve ever met in my lifetime," Fisher said. "The work ethic he has, the respect he has from the players, other coaches, people he meets, how he treats his players, you know he’s a special guy. Then his knowledge of the game, the guy’s one heck of a football coach."

Kelly said that he had heard from prospects while on the recruiting trail that he might be leaving FSU. But he took a straightforward approach with them.

"I've always felt like that if you're honest with people and straight up they understand. You don't want to break your trust with anybody. Once you lose trust, it's hard to ever get it back. Most of the recruits were good about everything. Honestly there weren't that many questions. There were a few, but not that many. Nothing had ever changed. I said, 'Listen, I'm glad to be here. I want to be here for a long time.' "

Kelly said he heard and understood the criticism of the FSU defense in 2014. The defense struggled in the first half only to adjust at halftime and help secure a win.

"I can promise you this – nobody can be more critical outside than I’ll be on myself," Kelly said. "We weren’t happy the way we played a lot of times. I do think there were times when you could see spots where, 'OK, we’ve got a chance to be better in this area.' All I know is this: What you can do as a coach, you can go to work every day, work as hard as you can work, prepare as hard as you can prepare, coach those kids as hard as you can coach them. And if I do that, at the end of the week, if I know I can do that, I can live with the results.

"Now do we want the results to be better (than last year)? Absolutely. Especially in a lot of situations. But again, I think that’s just the game that we’re in nowadays. If you can’t handle criticism, it’s hard to do this job."

Why is FSU better on defense in 2015? A large group of seniors -- including Lamarcus Brutus, Reggie Northrup, Terrance Smith, Nile Lawrence-Stample and Derrick Mitchell -- have been strong leaders. Junior DeMarcus Walker had a breakout season, and Marquez White has emerged alongside Jalen Ramsey to form one of the top corner tandems in the ACC.

Two of the main issues a year ago were giving up points early and allowing chunk plays. Kelly feels FSU has limited those chunk plays this fall.

"Playing harder," Kelly said. "That was the No. 1 thing. Not that we didn’t play hard in certain situations, but playing hard on every snap. There are four or five plays that are going to affect the outcome of a game in football. I don’t care what the score is in the end. There are four or five plays that are going to affect the outcome. The thing about football, you never know when those plays are going to come."
 10 months ago '13        #4285
Upshur at UA to dominate and recruit

ORLANDO -- Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep Institute four-star tight end Naseir Upshur hit the field on Tuesday morning for the first practice at the Under Armour All-America Game. He is glad to be participating in the national event being held in Orlando, Fla.

"I am just very excited," Upshur said. "This is a blessing to happen.

"I just want to have fun. I want to compete, that is what I love to do," Upshur added. "I am definitely going to dominate though."

Upshur is surrounded by several fellow Florida State commitments and even more targets while in Orlando. Recruiting is on his agenda.

"I have an opportunity to link up with my brothers," Upshur said of being around fellow pledges. "I am trying to recruit (linebacker) Dontavious (Jackson). I think I am going to get him. I am going to push real hard on him. I have an opportunity to recruit also, so this is a great week for me."

The 6-foot-2, 233-pound tight end shared his pitch for Jackson.

"I just say you have got an opportunity to play early as a freshman," Upshur said. "He can run for a national title and that is big. He has a close relationship with Coach Tim Brewster and I do too, so we fit in well."

Upshur committed to FSU at the start of September. His recruitment by FSU was fast and furious. It was spearheaded by Brewster.

"He is just a great guy all-around," Upshur said of Brewster. "He is going to make you feel like Superman.

"The visit, it meant a lot to me," Upshur added on why he committed. "I sat in the classroom with him and I just felt like that was the place for me. I learned a lot of things within 15 minutes. So that stood out to me a lot. Watching the practice, watching him coach meant a lot to me."

Now he is focused on his summer arrival at FSU with plans to make it onto the field as a true freshman.

"I picture myself playing a great role with the team," "I am definitely going to do whatever to get onto the field. I feel like I am going to be a great piece to the puzzle next year.

"I am going to play whatever to get onto the field," Upshur added.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Upshur No. 138 overall and as the No. 4 tight end in the nation.

Josh Newberg conducted this interview on-site
 10 months ago '13        #4286
Taylor is FSU's ultimate alpha-dog

ORLANDO -- Five-star cornerback Levonta Taylor from Virginia Beach (Va.) Ocean Lakes arrived at Under Armour on Monday afternoon. His focus is on proving one thing and one thing only.

"It is an honor, just from the great ones in the past, before me," Taylor said of being at Under Armour. "I am just happy (to be) here, to compete, and to show that I am the best player in the country."

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Taylor as the No. 7 overall prospect in the country and the top cornerback.

Why is he the nation's top cornerback? Well according to the Florida State pledge, it has a bit to do with who his game mirrors.

"I would say Deion Sanders, my swagger and punt return skills, and I would say my game (is similar) to Ty(rann) Mathieu, just a ball hawk completing turnovers, not the biggest defensive back on the field but you are going to feel my presence on the field," Taylor said.

FSU sees two recent major impact defensive backs in Taylor's game as well. They were part of the recruiting pitch the Seminoles used to land a verbal commitment from Taylor back in the spring. The pitch was led by defensive backs coach and defensive coordinator Charles Kelly.

"When I first visited Florida State for three days, he showed me and he actually made me feel like I was a player there. I actually felt like I played for Florida State when I went there," Taylor said. "I went to this room and he showed me on this big board Lamarcus Joyner and Greg Reid highlights and he compared their highlights to mine, what I did in his high school. That is the first coach ever that happened to me, so when I was in the meeting room, I wanted to commit there but I wanted to tell my high school coach first."

Taylor is looking to apply those skills at FSU next season.

"How they play in scheme with a lot of defensive backs on the field. Blitzing. Dropping into coverage. Showing one thing but playing another," Taylor said of what stands out about the FSU defense. "That is going to get me prepared for the next level. After this Under Armour All-America Game, I am actually going to practice on my blitzing and all that. So I am just going to come in (and play) as a true freshman."

"I would say the Star position, just like Ty Mathieu played at LSU, playing boundary corner, Star, blitzing off the edge, dropping into coverage, that is what I do, make plays," Taylor added on his likely position.

He also hopes to make an impact on special teams.

"I talked to the special teams coach and he asked me kick return, punt return. I told him punt return. He had a smile on his face," Taylor said. "They didn't really have a guy that was going to take one to the house like that. Me coming in as a freshman, it is a daredevil job, but I am down for it. That is what made me who I am today."

Taylor is optimistic he won't have to wait long for his turn after watching the last elite defensive back landed by the Seminoles, safety Derwin James, make a major move on the field during the second-half of this past season.

"I knew his time was going to come. He had to learn the playbook. I was talking to him. But once he did, man, you see what he did," Taylor said.

Taylor the Recruiter

The 5-foot-11, 182-pound defensive back is also in Orlando looking to surround himself in Tallahassee with some of the nation's best talent.

"Our class, we have a strong bond," Taylor said. "We have group messages as well recruiting other players like Dontavious Jackson, Brandon Burton, Nate Craig (Myers), Terrell (Hall). We are going to be in on a lot of guys this week."

Taylor shared some quick-hit predictions on a few of FSU's big fish:

Jackson: "I think he is going to end up at Florida State."

Burton: "I want to say us, but that is a big move from California. So I would say either us, UCLA or USC."

Hall: "Either us or 'Bama."

Mullen: "I would say us or LSU."

Taylor also plans to visit FSU for a few days at the end of January during what he termed as a 'junior day'.

"To recruit some other guys, so I will be there for that," Taylor said.

Interview conducted on-site by Josh Newberg
 10 months ago '13        #4287
Keion Joyner lays it all on the table

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- The enigma that is Havelock (N.C.) linebacker Keion Joyner arrived in Orlando, slightly delayed, and ready to play against the best on day one of practice for the Under Armour All-America Game.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound linebacker hasn’t played football in about three months because he was kicked off his team mid-way through his senior season. Joyner didn’t mind addressing his situation.

“Getting kicked off the team was a great experience for me,” Joyner told Noles247. “It showed me that not everything is given to you and some things can be taken away in a moment. I talked to my coaches and friends and they let me know this is not a game anymore, I need to be a man.”

The following weeks were hard for Joyner to cope with. He did so by spending every day in the gym working out.

“I had friends that worked out with me, helped me get better and progress on and off the field,” Joyner said.

Joyner also had to explain his situation to college coaches.

“A few college coaches asked. It hurt to tell them, it did, it really did. But at the same time I had to man up, take my lick. It was my doing and I was in the wrong,” Joyner said.

One coach that stuck with him was Florida State defensive ends and outside linebackers coach Brad Lawing.

“I’m closest with Coach Lawing. Right after all this happen with me, we still communicated and he let me know he was going to stick with me through everything,” Joyner said.

Now that the dust has settled, Joyner says he’s narrowed his list to two teams - LSU and Florida State.

“Both teams play hard nosed football," Joyner said. "I went to the LSU-Florida game, the defensive schemes were really nice. I haven't been to an FSU game yet, but my chemistry between the coaches is great.”

Joyner plans on committing on Saturday during the Under Armour All-America Game and THEN taking official visits to both Florida State and LSU.

“I do know who I’m picking," Joyner said. "I’ve known for about a month now. It feels good.”

Joyner is a four-star prospect, the No.14 ranked OLB and the 211th best player overall, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4288
Under Armour All-American Game: Team Highlight Top Performers

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The first day of practice is in the books at the Under Armour All-America Game.

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola three-star cornerback Carlos Becker who stole the show. The 6-2, 185-pounder was outstanding in the secondary and showed why some top-tier programs are hot in his trail late in his recruitment.

Becker showed terrific technique in the secondary, was able to flip his hips with ease, and looked like a natural cornerback. With his height, physicality, and ball skills, Becker has the chance to be special at the next level. He also found his hands on the football multiple times, while adding a few pass breakups and an interception off quarterback Malik Henry.

1. WR N’Keal Harry: The Arizona State commit was a pleasant surprise. He gave the Team Highlight defensive backs some major fits on the day. He showed an ability to run clean routes and high-pointed the football like that of a veteran receiver. He’s going to be a matchup nightmare in college.

2. WR A.J. Brown: The standout wide receiver was easily the best route runner on Team Highlight. Saying his routes were smooth would simply be an understatement. He caught the ball well and did a good job of snagging it away from his body.

3. OL Gregory Little: It’s hard to find a more athletic offensive lineman in this class. The Ole Miss commit showed great footwork, a strong punch, and the ability to get to the second level with quickness.

4. QB Dwayne Haskins: It wasn’t a particularly strong day for quarterbacks, but the Maryland commit shined in spurts. He threw the ball with a ton of zip and showed an incredible deep ball, although he missed high on a few throws.

5. OL Liam Eichenberg: Technically speaking, the Notre Dame commit was outstanding on the day. His footwork is a positive and he looks college-ready. He was dominant against just about everyone he went up against, including Marlon Davidson and Patrick Bethel. He was dominant against everyone not named Rashan Gary. However, he did get a split against the nation’s No. 1 player.

1. DT Rashan Gary: Everyone knew the nation’s top recruit would show off his outstanding power, but it was his athleticism and quickness that really shined. Whether he was in the interior or put on the edge, he had no issues getting to the quarterback. He continues to be well deserving of his lofty ranking.

2. LB Aaron Hansford: In a strong group of linebackers, it was Hansford that showed out the most during practice. Everyone looked to be going through the motions at times, but Hansford found his hands on the ball a couple of times and even snagged a leaping interception off Miami quarterback commit Jack Allison.

3. CB Levonta Taylor: During his first rep of the day, the Florida State commit was beat pretty bad by Arizona State wide receiver commit N’Keal Harry. However, after that, he was unstoppable. He showed toughness at the line of scrimmage, blanket coverage in the secondary, and ability to attack the ball at its highest point.

4. DT Benito Jones: He may be short, but he’s extremely quick. He had no issues with the Team Highlight interior offensive linemen. He put Beveon Johnson and Chris Owens on their backs multiple times. He showed some big-time pass rushing moves, which are not typically seen at this level.

5. LB Ben Davis: Between he and Jeffrey McCulloch, it’s hard to find two more physically impressive, college-ready linebackers. Davis got the slight edge today due to his ability to play in coverage and show off his outstanding lateral quickness. For as big as Davis is, he moves like a defensive back.

— Florida State quarterback commit Malik Henry had an inconsistent day, settled down in the second half, and nearly overtook Haskins as the top quarterback. He was clearly squeezing the football and even short-arming it at times early. Once he got under control, he started spinning the football well and throwing with accuracy.

— After a strong start by Miami quarterback commit Jack Allison, he tailed off throughout the day. He hit on some nice throws early and really zips it in there well, but started struggling with timing and accuracy toward the end of day one.

Running Backs

— Running back Devwah Whaley stood out today with his tough inside running. Whaley doesn’t waste energy dancing, he did a great job at finding the hole and exploding into the secondary. His legs looked fresh and he caught the ball well out of the backfield when called upon.

— B.J. Emmons is deceptively quick for a back that goes 5-foot-11, 220-pounds. He provides a nice change of pace for Team Highlight that is made up mostly of smaller, faster backs.

Receivers/Tight Ends

— Baylor wide receiver commit Devin Duvernay nearly made the top performers list. He showed clean route running and had no issues getting open.

— Not a great day for wide receiver Dredrick Snelson. He showed inconsistencies in catching the football and struggled to separate from defensive backs.

— Miami wide receiver commit Dionte Mullins had an up-and-down day. He was able to get open a lot, but the quarterbacks missed high at times. He had the occasional drop, but also showed an ability to stretch the field for deep receptions.

— Similar to Mullins, Oregon wide receiver commit Eddie McDoom looked good at times and looked average at others. He had a few drops, but was able to run smooth routes. He also made a few guys miss in the open field.

— Naseir Upshur: The Florida State commit showed good hands. Nothing flashy on the day, but didn’t have any issues with drops.

— Wide receiver Keith Gavin did not participate due to a separated shoulder.

Offensive Line

— Overall, the interior offensive linemen really struggled today. Alabama commit Chris Owens, Florida State pledge Baveon Johnson and Arizona State Cole Cabrahl were all on their backs at some point when going up against the likes of Agim, Benito Jones and Rashan Gary.

— As mentioned, it wasn't a good day overall for interior offensive linemen, but the best of the bunch was Alabama pledge Deonte Brown. He had his way with Kendell Jones and was the only lineman that was able to put Benito Jones on his back on the first day of practice.

Defense Line

— He might not be in our top performers group, but McTelvin Agim had a solid overall showing. The Arkansas commit lined up at both defensive tackle and defensive end and was a load for offensive linemen to handle. He might not be the quickest guy in the world, but he's extremely strong.

— Alabama defensive tackle commit Kendell Jones is nicknamed "The Hulk" because of his sheer size. Jones took up multiple blockers on a number of plays but was slow of the ball and pushed back too often.

— Off the hoof, the linebacker group of Lyndell Wilson, Dontavious Jackson and Ben Davis looks more like a college All-American position group than one that is only in high school.

— There wasn’t a whole lot of hitting going on during the first practice, but linebacker Aaron Hansford still found ways to make plays. During 7on7 he had a nice interception of quarterback Jack Allison, who was looking to make a competition down the seam.

— Jeffrey McCulloch moves extremely well for a 6-foot-3, 230-pound backer. It’ll be fun to watch him thump once they really start hitting.

Defensive back

— Standout safety Lamar Jackson made an incredible interception off Allison. He showed big-time speed, terrific coverage skills, and made a major case to be in the top performers list.

— There are few players more fun to watch than Nigel Knott. He’s an athletic freak and was strong in coverage, but it remains to be seen if his size will cause him problems at the next level. He did struggle at the line of scrimmage on occasion.

— If one thing is for sure, Brandon Jones is clearly a safety and not a cornerback. He really struggled in man coverage, but showed good range in the “centerfield” role.

— Brandon Burton looked solid all day long. He made a few nice plays on some deep balls and showed better speed than expected.
 10 months ago '13        #4289
Under Armour All-American Game: Team Armour Top Performers

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The first day of practice is in the books at the Under Armour All-America game.

Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha Catholic Top247 defensive end Shane Simmons proved to be one of the nation’s elite edge rushers on Tuesday. The Penn State commit used his explosive quickness to disrupt Team Armour’s offense all day long.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Simmons opened the day by snagging a screen pass out of the air for an interception during 11-on-11. Simmons continued to cause fits in one-on-ones with a quick first step that left the offensive tackles in his wake. In live scrimmage action, Simmons was in on multiple sacks and a few quarterback hurries.

1. LB Tre Lamar: The Clemson commit out of Roswell (Ga.) looks the part physically at 6-foot-4, 240-pounds, and his play looked the part as well. Lamar was stout against the run and was constantly around the ball making tackles.

2. CB Kristian Fulton: The Metairie (La.) Archbishop Rummel product was tight in coverage much of the day and was able to get his hands on several passes. If there were any faults with Fulton on the first day, it was the fact he dropped a pair of easy interceptions, but he was in position to make the plays.

3. DT Ed Oliver: The five-star Houston commit was active on the interior of the defensive line. He played with good leverage, used his hands to shed blockers well, and came away with a blocked field goal.

4. S Chauncey Gardner: The Florida commit came alive during the live scrimmage portion of practice. Playing nickel, Garner was active breaking up the underneath routes and showed a willingness to support the run.

5. DE Antonneous Clayton: While Simmons was the cream of the crop of the edge rushers, Clayton was nipping at his heels during live scrimmage action. Clayton is another that used his explosiveness to get into the backfield disrupt the quarterbacks.

1. WR Tino Ellis: The Maryland commit showed he was the best route runner on Team Armour. The Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha Catholic standout was explosive in and out of his breaks which had him running open frequently.

2. OL Landon d!ckerson: The Hudson (N.C.) South Caldwell handles interior pass rushers with ease much of the day. The 6-foot-5, 295-pound prospect delivers a great initial punch and sound technique.

3. WR Nate Craig-Myers: The Tampa (Fla.) Catholic standout was solid from start to finish day one. The big-bodied receiver was physical with the smaller defensive backs and was able to make catches in traffic.

4. RB Miles Sanders: The Penn State commit was a nice option in the passing game where his quickness proved to be an a.sset. The Pittsburgh (Penn.) Woodland Hills product also excelled during in-side run drills.

5. QB Jarrett Guarantano: The Tennessee commit spun the best ball out of all the Team Armour quarterbacks. The 6-foot-4, 195-pound Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic product has a very live arm and looked to be the best option for an offense that struggled as a whole.

What has become the norm for quarterbacks at these events, the first day was not the sharpest. Auburn quarterback commit Woody Barrett struggled some throwing the ball with accuracy, but he did flash impressive mobility when the pocket broke down.

USC quarterback commit Matt Fink struggled mightily on day one. He floated several passes down field that missed their target.

Running Backs

Michigan running back commit Kareem Walker did not have the most impressive day. Walker might have been hobbled by a minor ankle twist he sustained at the start of practice. Walker ran timid at times, but showed some speed by beating the defense to the edge. Walker did have a fumble during 11-on-11.

Receivers/Tight Ends

Florida wide receiver commit Joshua Hammond shined during one-on-ones. He went over the top of Kristian Fulton on a fade that was slightly under thrown, where Hammond adjusted to the ball and Fulton did not.

Despite having a quiet day, it was clear Houston wide receiver commit Tyrie Cleveland is a speedster. He was able to eat up cushion in the blink of an eye and is a vertical threat in the passing game.

Offensive Line

Terrance Davis isn’t his listed 6-4, probably closer to 6-2, but had a lot of success against the one-technique in one-on-ones. He was able to corral the quicker Ellison Jordan and once he got his hands on potential bull rushers he was strong at the point of attack.

Michal Menet had a “welcome to Florida” moment in one-on-ones, as he was blown up by Shavar Manuel on a bull rush. He rebounded to win the rematch and got stronger as the day went on. Playing right guard, Menet looked like the most athletic lineman on Team Armour and showed off his quickness while pulling.

Team Armour’s centers struggled with the shotgun snaps all day, resulting in a few fumbles and messed up timing in the backfield. Florida commit Brett Heggie more than held his own during interior one-on-one drills. With the center and guard working a combo against one-techinques, Heggie stoned Edwin Alexander on one attempt and combined with Michal Menet to stop Shavar Manuel up the middle.

Defense Line

Defensive tackle Shavar Manuel just missed out on making the top five at defensive tackle. He showed great strength at the point of attack and had a great push-pull move on guards in addition to a great bull rush.

LSU defensive end commit Rahssan Thornton struggled during the one-on-ones but was able to rebound with a nice 11-on-11 session. He was able to get to the quarterback a couple times during the full team scrimmage.

Outside linebacker Michael Divinity showed a nose for the football during the first practice. He came up with an athletic pass break-up during the 7-on-7 session and followed that play up by diving for a loose ball and coming up with the turnover.

Keion Joyner is long and rangy. He’s at his best when dropping back into coverage to fill a zone.

Auburn linebacker commit Tre Threat showed good instincts as an inside linebacker. He was effective at getting through traffic to find the ball carrier.

Defensive back

The defensive secondary has a sound day for Team Armour with Fulton and Gardner making the top performers list. Jayvaughn Myers hit some bumps early, but as the practice wore on he started to make more plays. He was active getting his hands on passes during live scrimmage action.
 10 months ago '13        #4290
Cowan Back In Fold With FSU

Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) four-star junior outside linebacker Vandarius Cowan re-committed to Florida State on Tuesday evening. Cowan confirmed the news with Noles247.com.

"The best fit for me is FSU," Cowan tweeted.

The 6-foot-3, 221-pound prospect originally committed to FSU over the summer. He then backed off that pledge in late October.

Cowan is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 107 prospect in the nation and No. 6 outside linebacker in the 2017 class.

He is the fourth commitment for FSU in the 2017 class. All four pledges are four-star prospects according to the 247Sports.com Composite.
 10 months ago '13        #4291
UA Day 1: What I Learned Today

After three hours of practice, the first day of Under Armour practice is in the books. Here's what I learned:

— I learned Shavar Manuel came to compete. He wasn’t perfect, but he made some splash plays, looked to be in good football shape and seemed to be enjoying the competition. I'm intrigued to see how he progresses through the week.

— I learned not to judge quarterbacks on their first day performance. Well, I didn't learn this today, I’ve been covering this event for nine years and every single year the quarterbacks struggle early. Jameis Winston was terrible for the first two practices. He ended up winning the game MVP and then went on to do some things in college and the NFL.

That being said, I thought Malik Henry, Jack Allison and Dwayne Haskins all were erratic today. I noticed all three quarterbacks consistently missed high. Not sure why, but it was an issue for all three.

It wasn’t all bad. Each of the quarterbacks seemed to flash at one point or another. Henry got into a rhythm during 7on7. He and Dionte Mullins (Miami commit) hooked up on three consecutive reps. Henry hit a deep ball, a slant and comeback to Mullins. All three throws were perfect. Henry wasn’t as consistent throughout practice. Henry will be fine, he’s a big stage player and as the week goes on I’m confident his play will get better as we get closer to the game.

— I learned Levonta Taylor has “it”. Whatever “it” is, Taylor has a whole lot of it. When he walks on the field other players notice. Which ever side of the field he’s on, quarterbacks take notice. Taylor had an excellent day today.

— I learned Keion Joyner is real. He was much more impressive than I had expected, based on his recruitment. I was the first interview he did since arriving in Florida and the first thing he wanted to talk about was his “situation”. I give him a ton of credit for the way he handled himself today. I didn’t get to see him on the field today (I was on the other field), but will make a point to watch him tomorrow. I also have no doubt that he's going to pick FSU on Saturday.

— I learned Ricky Aguayo is going to be a good one. It comes off his foot different than the others. You can actually hear the difference. I didn’t watch a lot of special teams, but I did see Aguayo nail back-to-back 37 yarders during 11on11.

— I learned Baveon Johnson might have the toughest job of anyone at the Under Armour game. As if going up against the No.1 DT in the country, Rashan Gary, all week wasn’t enough, Johnson also has to deal with 6-5, 375-pound Alabama commit Kendell Jones. Hope he brought some ice to Orlando, he’s gonna need it this week.

— I didn’t necessarily learn that Brandon Burton is going to sign with FSU, but after hearing from a source, I've put in an FSU Crystal Ball pick. It’s FSU or UCLA. At this point I think it’ll be FSU.

— I learned Carlos Becker’s an under the radar prospect that is going to make a big impact on the next level. He was our 247Sports Top Performer today on Team Highlight. Becker showed excellent athleticism to go along with his freakish frame. He has the ability to play corner or safety and looked damn good at corner today, even picking off Malik Henry on a deep ball. He's

— I learned Dontavious Jackson, Lyndell Wilson and Ben Davis are still in high school. They look like college All-Americans rather than 12th graders.

Day 2 starts at 10 a.m. tomorrow. We'll have live updates, pictures, stories, videos and observations.
 10 months ago '13        #4292
Rasul '80-percent' committed to Seminoles

ANAHEIM, Ca.- Many of the nation's top prospects arrived in California today to check-in for the 2016 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl.

Among those prospects was Coral Gables (FL) RB Amir Rasul, currently committed to Florida State, who is looking forward to the week ahead.

"It's an honor," Rasul told 247Sports of the experience. "I worked for this and I prayed for this. This is what God put in my hands, so I'm going to do my best out here."

Rasul then spoke about his current commitment status to the Seminoles.

"I'm 80-percent solid with the Seminoles," he stated. "I feel they have a solid program and I can come in and do what I got to do. Coaching changes would be the thing that could change my mind about Florida State. That's the only thing that would make me change at this time. Right now they're solid all around."

Should there be reason for change though, there are some other schools that are vying for Rasul's services.

"Alabama, UNC, USC, and Miami are the other schools I'm considering," he explained. "I'm going to visit those schools. I don't know dates of the top of my head, but I know the last visit I will take is to UNC in January."

Rasul also spoke about what he likes in each of those schools, as well as FSU.

North Carolina: "Coach Larry Porter just showed a lot of interest in me. I believe I can come in and be another T.J. Logan or better."

Alabama: "Kenyon Drake is my type of running back. He's a fast, out-of-the-backfield catcher, running up the middle. I believe I can be somebody just like him or better."

USC: "The weather is amazing out here. Right now the running backs coach out there just wants me to come out. Their coach just expressed a lot of love towards me. Me being from Florida, I just believe we have a good bond. He just wants me to come out and check them out."

Miami: "Since being with Georgia, talking with Thomas Brown there and Coach [Mark] Richt, I always developed a good relationship with those two. When Coach Brown told me he wanted me to come out and visit there, it was one of the things I had to do."

Florida State: "Coach [Tim] Brewster, Coach [Jay] Graham, and Coach [Jimbo] Fisher have expressed an immense amount of interest in me and it's not breaking at all. They want me to come to Florida State and I believe it might happen."

Rasul is rated as a 4-star prospect, the No. 239 overall player, the No. 7 running back, and No. 35 player in Florida per the 247Sports Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4293
Carlos Becker Earns 4-Star Bump

The first rankings change out of the Under Armour All-American Game has come down. On 247Sports Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola cornerback Carlos Becker has been elevated from a three-star to a four-star rating. Becker is a big corner at 6-2 who has strong track numbers in the long jump and hurdles. This week in Orlando though, he's proved that he's more than just a big athlete. He's a talented and smooth cornerback according to the 247Sports boots on the ground.

The 90 rating for Becker is only an initial bump. When the All-American Game weeks are complete the rankings will be revisited and Becker is likely to receive a significantly higher upgrade.

Currently Becker is a Crystal Ball favorite to land at NC State. However, he has official visits in January scheduled to Florida State, Ole Miss and Ohio State.
 10 months ago '08        #4294
$2,569 | Props total: 164 164
nc state? lol they know they lost him now he got that 4 star
 10 months ago '05        #4295
Chuck_Remixed 135 heat pts135
$15,369 | Props total: 79 79
Tomorrow fellas!!!!!!
 10 months ago '13        #4296
UA All-American Game: Team Highlight Top Performers Day Two

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The second day of practice is in the books for Team Highlight at the Under Armour All-America Game.

On day two of practice, it was Paramus (N.J.) Catholic five-star defensive tackle Rashan Gary who was the most dominant performer of the day.

Gary was outstanding all day long. There wasn’t an offensive linemen who truly slowed him down completely during one-on-ones. Michigan commit Ben Bredeson gave him a little trouble, but all it did was fuel his fire for the rest of practice. Gary was able to get into the backfield with ease and blew up two reverses during 11-on-11 work. His quickness is ridiculous and his strength made him nearly unstoppable when working on the edge or in the interior of the defensive line.

1. WR N'Keal Harry: The Arizona State commit continues to make highlight reel catches. If Gary wasn’t the obvious choice, Harry could have been the Alpha Dog.

2. WR Dredrick Snelson: Big bounce back day for the standout pass catcher who is committed to Minnesota. Snelson got open all day and caught nearly everything thrown his way.

3. QB Malik Henry: Much better performance from the Florida State pledge. Henry threw the ball accurately, with more zip, and looked much more comfortable throughout practice.

4. OL Chris Owens: The interior offensive line struggled yesterday, but Owens definitely stood out today. The Alabama commit did a great job of beating Benito Jones and was dominant against Marlon Davidson. He looked much more like a mauler today.

5. WR Cavin Ridley: Strong, strong day for Ridley. He looked much more polished today and caught the ball extremely well. He looked genuinely faster than yesterday, as if he was playing more relaxed. Alabama is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite with South Carolina also in the mix.

1. DT McTelvin Agim: The Arkansas commit was almost as good as Gary along the defensive line. It’s crazy how quick he really is. He was able to go sideline to sideline and catch speedster Devin Duvernay, which was really impressive. He has big-time speed and strength.

2. LB Lyndell Wilson: The five-star linebacker showed out today. He was one of the few defensive players who made multiple plays on the day. He forced two fumbles and snagged an interception. Alabama, Florida and Georgia are his three finalists.

3. CB Levonta Taylor: The Florida State commit continues to show why he is so highly rated. While he will give up a catch every few passes, Taylor is providing blanket coverage in the secondary. If you’re going to beat him, you better get a perfect throw from the quarterback. He may not be the tallest defensive back, but his toughness is unmatched.

4. LB Ben Davis: Another strong day for the five-star linebacker. Like Wilson, Davis was able to snag an interception, which would have been returned for a touchdown, and scoop up a fumble. He also got a chance to show off his speed with a blitz off the edge, which would have likely resulted in a sack during an actual game. Alabama is considered the favorite for the legacy recruit.

5. CB Carlos Becker: He didn’t snag two interceptions like day one, but Becker held his own again. His length continues to give wide receivers fits and his overall technique is really impressive. A matchup between Becker and N’Keal Harry needs to happen soon, as the two have been on opposite sides during much of the work at practice.

— Not a strong day from Maryland quarterback commit Dwayne Haskins. Things didn’t flow as natural for him as they did on day one. He still made some nice throws with a ton of zip, but had a few interceptions on the day.

— Miami quarterback commit Jack Allison struggled again today. He’s not spinning the ball all that well and he’s failing to quickly go through his motions. There is a lot to like with Allison, but it hasn’t clicked yet during this week of practice.

Running Backs

— Team Highlight only has two true running backs on the roster. Devin Duvernay is a slot receiver that has been getting some looks in the backfield as well. He showed a ton of speed on some reverses and an ability to make people miss.

— Alabama vebal B.J. Emmons looked excellent catching the football today. He and Malik Henry hooked up a few times including a 25 yards touchdown on a seam route. Emmons has soft hands for a power back that’s 5-11, 220.

Receivers/Tight Ends

— Miami wide receiver commit Dionte Mullins was really good today and was in the argument for the Top Performers list. He regularly found himself open and showed speed and quickness.

— Oregon wide receiver commit Eddie McDoom continues to impress with his top-end speed and ability to stretch the field.

— Wide receiver A.J. Brown had another consistent day. No real flashy plays, but he ran clean routes and caught the ball well. Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Alabama are among the contenders.

— Florida State bound tight end Naseir Upshur stood out today. He got open with ease against many of the linebackers and showed better speed than originally expected.

Offensive Line

— Notre Dame offensive tackle commit Liam Eichenberg had another solid day all-around. Eichenberg was especially impressive during the team portion of practice as he dominated Marlon Davidson, who was visibly frustrated.

— Archbishop Carroll offensive tackle Jauan Williams was the most impressive offensive lineman on the second team. Williams did a great job of pulling and sealing and getting to the next level. He kept four-star linebacker Jeffrey McCulloch at bay in the OL/DL/LB session. Florida State and Oklahoma are two he's high on.

— Arizona State offensive line commit Cohl Cabral had perhaps the roughest day out of any offensive linemen on Team Highlight. Cabral, who is working at center, was beat badly by Agim and Benito Jones throughout practice.

— The most entertaining battle today was Ole Miss offensive line commit Greg Little going up against LSU defensive end commit Andre Anthony. Little is fundamentally sound, but Anthony’s speed gave him some issues. They will both be fun to watch in the SEC.

— Michigan offensive tackle commit Ben Bredeson did a decent job with Rashan Gary early on. But Gary’s speed and strength shone through as he beat Bredeson time and time again as 1-on-1’s wore on. Bredeson was simply too slow coming out of his stance.

— Future Seminole Baveon Johnson looked much better on Wednesday after showing plenty of inconsistency on the first day of practice. Johnson did a good job of locking up Benito Jones, one of yesterday’s top performers.

Defense Line

— Alabama defensive tackle pledge Kendell Jones looked much more comfortable today. Jones was quicker off his stance, got penetration inside and even pressured the quarterbacks during team. “The Hulk” came to play on Wednesday.

— Miami defensive end commit Patrick Bethel struggled today. He went up against Greg Little and was overmatched.

— Gary and Agim were dominant today and clearly were well deserving of Top Performer status.

— Lyndell Wilson had a good day in coverage. His highlight play came on the first snap of 7on7. Dwayne Haskins was looking to dump it off in the flat, Wilson identified it, jumped the route and took it back all the way for six.

— Ben Davis had another solid day. At 6-4, 237-pounds, Davis is a force in the run game and also snagged a pick during 11-on-11 today. Two strong days to start out practice.

Defensive back

— Very clean day for Auburn cornerback commit John Broussard. He was terrific in coverage and didn’t get beat deep by anyone. He showed plenty of speed and was very sound technically.

— West Coast safety Brandon Burton continues to get really close to snagging interceptions, but the ball either falls just short or is over his head. He is around the ball and his instincts are really impressive.

— Defensive back Eric Cuffee had a better day today. He even snagged an interception, where he read the play perfectly and jumped the route. Texas is considered the favorite.
 10 months ago '13        #4297
UA All-American Game: Team Armour Top Performers Day Two

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The second day of practice is in the books at the Under Armour All-America game.

The top overall player for Team Armour on Wednesday was Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County defensive end and current Florida commit Antonneous Clayton. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound edge rusher used his quick first step to cause havoc in the backfield all day long.

Clayton was impressive during one-on-ones winning the majority of his reps, but it was during the live scrimmage when he really came alive. The explosive athlete came away with a pair of sacks along with a few quarterback hurries. He is proving to be one of the nation’s top pass rushers through two days of practice.

1. DT Ed Oliver: The five-star Houston commit line up at the one-technique, three-technique and five-technique during the practice and excelled at all three positions. His highlight play was splitting the double team for a quarterback hurry.

2. LB Tre Threat: The Auburn commit was smooth going through agility drills and proved he capable in pass coverage. However, the 6-foot-2, 235-pound prospect is at his best against the run, and did an excellent shedding blocks to make his way to the ball carrier.

3. DE Shane Simmons: It was another impressive day for the Penn State commit. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound continues to be one of, if not the most, explosive prospect off the line of scrimmage through two days of practice. He continues to give offensive tackles fits with his speed rush off the edge.

4. S Chauncey Gardner: The Florida commit was active yet again during the second practice, this time mostly lining up on the outside as a cornerback. While his most natural f!ght might be at nickel, the 6-foot, 190-pound prospect still held his own locking down receivers. During one-on-one reps, he did an excellent job staying attached to receivers during double moves.

5. DE Rahssan Thornton: The LSU pledge came alive during day two after a somewhat rough day one. At 6-foot-3, 225-pounds, Thornton is another lean edge rusher that relies heavily on his quickness. His highlight play was a one-on-one rep that ended with him tossing offensive tackle Austin Myers to the ground on the way to the quarterback.

1. OG Michal Menet: The Penn State commit might still be a little light at 275-pounds, but his quickness, sound technique and leverage allow him to stymie bigger interior defensive linemen. Menet did an excellent job of stoning defensive tackle Shavar Manuel during their battles on Wednesday.

2. WR Tyrie Cleveland: After a quiet day one, the Houston pledge bounced back with an impressive day two. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound speedster is one of the most explosive receivers off the line of scrimmage in the game. Cleveland was able to explode out of his breaks to shake defenders for easy open grabs.

3. RB Miles Sanders: The Penn State commit shows natural instincts when toting the ball. He has the patiences to allow his blocks to develop and the quickness to explode through the holes as they open.

4. QB Woody Barrett: The Auburn pledge was much more consistent throwing the ball on day two compared to day one. When you add in his ability to hurt the defense with his legs, which he showed Wednesday, it was clear that Barrett was Team Armour’s top quarterback for the second practice.

5. OL Jean Delance: The Mesquite (Texas) North Mesquite product was one of the few that was able to handle Simmons’ speed rush off the edge. After lunging and getting out of position a lot on day one, the 6-foot-5, 290-pound prospect was able to stay balanced and keep defenders at bay much of day two.

It was another rough day for Team Armour quarterbacks as a whole. Barrett was by far the best, while Tennessee commit Jarrett Guarantano’s play dipped a bit on day two.

USC quarterback commit Matt Fink continues to struggle finding a rhythm throwing the ball. His confidence in his deep ball looks to be tumbling.

Running Backs

Michigan commit Kareem Walker had a less than stellar day for the second straight practice. Walker does not have the same running instincts that Miles Sanders, the other running back on Team Armour, shows. Walker continues to run timidly.

Receivers/Tight Ends

Greenwich (Conn.) tight end and Boston College commit Scooter Harrington showed he was an all-around tight end with his stout blocking as well as impressive pass catching ability. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound was able to work the seam in the passing game. His highlight play, however, was an acrobatic catch on the sidelines after running an out route.

Florida wide receiver commit Joshua Hammond put together yet another sound performance on day two. He consistently runs clean routes and has a knack for getting open. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound prospect wins his fair share of 50-50 balls with tight coverage as well.

Offensive Line

The strength of the Team Armour’s offensive line continues to be on the interior. Landon d!ckerson again had a solid day at guard and Terrance Davis has been solid during the one-on-one portions on both days. Center Brett Heggie has improved on his snaps and he and the guards have pulled some nice combos on the inside. Patrick Hudson missed the final portion of practice on Wednesday with what looked like a minor injury.

Willie Allen is a massive offensive line prospect, but he has struggled mightily against the outside rush in the first two days. Team Armour’s speed guys, led by Shane Simmons and Rahssan Thornton have caught him lunging and off-balance several times. Left tackle EJ Price has also had issues trying to catch Thornton and Clayton off the edge.

Defense Line

Shavar Manuel’s initial punch has been impressive so far this week. He has played a few different spots on the line, much like Oliver, but has been up and down so far. Ellison Jordan is the smallest defensive lineman out there and he has struggled against bigger offensive linemen. Jordan has flashed during team periods, but has been neutralized at the point of attack otherwise.

Clemson commit Tre Lamar had another strong day on Tuesday. He is a prototypical inside linebacker against the run and he drops back in coverage very well for a player of his size.

Maryland commit Keandre Jones is working with the linebackers this week and has shown a strong ability to drop back into coverage during the first two days. Jones is like having another safety on the field when he is asked to drop back.

Rahshaun Smith showed some aggression against the run during the Wednesday practice. Smith is at his best when he diagnoses the run and can go downhill to make the tackle on the ball carrier. He picked up his play from the first day of practice.

Defensive back

Safety Deontay Anderson of Manvel (Texas) was active roaming the back end of the secondary. He was able to get his hand on a few passes throughout the day and proved to be sound in one-on-one coverage.

After a rough day one, Marquill Osborne of Charlotte (N.C.) Hough responded with a much better day two. He did a much better job staying with receivers throughout the route and not falling for double moves.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 12-30-2015 at 04:36 PM..
 10 months ago '13        #4298
UA Day 2: Five Observations

The second day of Under Armour practice has wrapped. Here are five observations from day number two:

1) As I predicted, the quarterbacks were better today. I’d rank their day two performances in this order; Malik Henry, Jack Allison and Dwayne Haskins. Haskins is the only one that seemed to struggle. He threw a pair of picks in 7on7 and held the ball several times, taking a sack.

The biggest change from day one to two for Henry was that he found his touch. Henry’s placement and accuracy was excellent today. Here’s a good example of that:

Malik Henry throws a TD to RB BJ Emmons pic.twitter.com/qwOZAXf3QP

2) Landon d!ckerson has been consistently one of the top two or three interior offensive linemen at the game. He’s played with power, but he’s also versatile to play multiple positions on the line. Plus he’s tough. All characteristics you need to play at FSU under Rick Trickett.

Landon d!ckerson going against #99 DT Edwin Alexander #LSU #UAAllAmerica pic.twitter.com/nBE7YOX3wT

3) Two days in to the week, it looks like cornerback Carlos Becker could leave this event as the big winner. He’s all of 6-foot-2 and 195-pounds. He can run, play physical and loves to to compete. Today, Becker earned his fourth star on 247Sports and it’s well deserved. Becker had a great senior season, he was a star in the State Finals game and is now carrying that over into the Under Armour Game. Here’s a taste of what Becker can do (INT of Malik Henry):

Carlos Becker picks off Malik Henry on a Dee ball to Dionte Mullins pic.twitter.com/NQSRMRccj1

4) I can’t possibly write about the Under Armour practices and not mention defensive tackle Rashan Gary. In my nine years covering this game, I think Gary may be the single most dominant player I’ve seen. When he’s not sacking the quarterback, which he’s done a lot this week, he is disruptive as hell. Team Highlight has had problems running their offense because Gary gets into the backfield so quickly on run and pass plays. Here’s a good example of his disruptiveness, he bats the ball down and then puts Dwayne Haskins on his backside:

Rashan Gary bats it down and then runs over Dwayne Haskins pic.twitter.com/tYd5jVL6QA

5) Cornerback Levonta Taylor is one of the most fundamentally sound defensive backs in this years game. Taylor hasn’t had many interceptions, mainly because quarterbacks know better than to throw his way. I feel like Taylor’s time to shine will be in the game. He’ll be able to ‘freestyle’ a little bit more and will likely be handling punt returns.

Levonta Taylor showing some closing speed in 1on1 drills - @UAFootball @Warchant #UAAllAmerica

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 12-30-2015 at 04:41 PM..
 10 months ago '15        #4299
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
$2,641 | Props total: 986 986
Less than 24hrs it's on!
 10 months ago '05        #4300
Junior G 101 heat pts101
$51,067 | Props total: 3037 3037
man ima be at work n have to watch the recording later

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major Tidday Alert Maria Bartiromo Just Brought The Left & The Right T..
2 days ago
most viewed right now
Oct 21 - RT: Based Vladimir Putin Warns Americans, Fires Shots: "You're Being ..
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she can hunt my dream
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This Is a Real Billboard in Austin, Texas
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - Philippine President Declares: It’s ‘China, Philippines and Russia’ A..
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Meet 35 Savage! Come hear this sh-t
2 days ago
most viewed right now
Video inside (NEW) Action Bronson – Durag vs Headband Ft. Big Body Bes (Video)
2 days ago
most viewed right now
Video inside how you gonna stroke this man mid fight?
1 day ago
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy