Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden & Marisa EXPOSE How ASAP Rocky Got On All 4's and She Ate Hi..
most viewed right now
NBA San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors Game Thread: TEAM BETA Has Arrived
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Turn your phone sideways
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pawg Is Built Like A Stallion

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10 months ago '15        #4261
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
$2,642 | Props total: 986 986
Signing day needs to hurry the hell up. I hate suspense.
 10 months ago '13        #4262
$3,207 | Props total: 245 245
Junior Film And Top Contenders For Top 100 QB Davis Mills

When talking about the top quarterbacks in the 2017 recruiting class, we already know that Norcross (Ga.) Greater Atlanta Christian School four-star quarterback Davis Mills can find his name at the top of many college coaching staffs’ boards.

The Top100 recruit with over 20 scholarship offers showed why as a junior, throwing for 2,821 yards and 25 touchdowns to seven interceptions while completing 60 percent of his passes.

Ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the nation’s No. 6 pro-style passer, the touch and anticipation Mills shows on his junior film are as good as any of his peers in the country. His ball placement and timing separate him from other quarterback recruits.

In addition to his throwing ability, the 6-foot-3, 192-pound Mills showed some athleticism during the season with 99 rush attempts for 577 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Stanford made Mills its first quarterback offer in the 2017 cycle. Other top contenders include Michigan, Michigan State and UCLA.

Georgia is looking for a 2017 quarterback after keeping five-star Jacob Eason in the fold in the 2016 cycle. We already know new offensive coordinator Jim Chaney liked Mills when he was at Pittsburgh and extended a scholarship.

Florida State has also ramped up the personal interest as of late.

As a junior Mills earned First Team All-State, Gwinnett Touchdown Club Quarterback of the Year and First Team All-County Honors.
 10 months ago '13        #4263
Brandon Burton talks upcoming announcement

ORLANDO -- Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra four-star athlete Brandon Burton arrived at the Under Armour All-America Game on Monday with a focus on announcing during the game on Saturday.

"I'm deciding on the 2nd," Burton told Noles247.com. "I am trying to see if it is going to be on TV. They said a lot of people are trying to announce at the game so they are trying to make time slots to fit almost everybody."

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound prospect was asked about which schools are in consideration for the announcement.

"Notre Dame, Stanford, Oklahoma, Florida State, UCLA, Ohio State," Burton said.

Burton has officially visited the Buckeyes, Irish, Seminoles and Sooners.

Burton has an interest in playing on both sides of the ball. He says he is being recruited on both sides of the ball by many schools. It is 'important' to him to have the opportunity and he is trying to figure out who is genuinely pitching him in that way.

"I really believe (it) coming from Florida State, Stanford and UCLA, it is really coming hard from them," Burton said.

Another factor that may impact his recruitment is distance, but the West Coast product said he could see himself leaving home for the next four years.

"Region really doesn't play into my decision right now," Burton said. "Of course UCLA is close to home but you always want to branch out and experience new things."

While he didn't name a narrowed list of favorites, Burton did admit that two schools, roughly 3,000 miles apart from one another, are after him the hardest.

"I would say Florida State and UCLA have been recruiting me equally as hard," Burton said.

He spoke on the pitch from the Bruins.

"They are trying to keep everybody from that area in LA there," "They are recruiting me hard.

"I talk to Coach (Jim) Mora, Coach Demetrice Martin, Coach Eric Yarber on a regular basis," Burton added.

He also shared what he is hearing from the Seminoles.

"Florida State is pretty much saying come out and do something different. Blaze your own path," Burton said.

"I talk to Coach (Tim) Brewster pretty much every day now," Burton added.

Another factor that could benefit the Seminoles in their pursuit of Burton is that he is close friends with fellow California product, four-star pro-style quarterback Malik Henry. Henry is signed with the Seminoles and set to enroll in January.

"He is big. He is one of my closest friends, but you know ultimately the decision comes down to myself," Burton said of the impact of Henry. "I am going to make the decision that is best for me."

He shared what that decision will be based on.

"The biggest factor in my decision is a mix of education and football," Burton said. "A place where I can come in early as well as get a good degree."

Has the decision already been made?

"I haven't made it yet," Burton said. "But I generally have an idea of which school I want to go to.

"Maybe the night before the game, maybe the day of, but it is going to be made by the 2nd," Burton added.

Burton stated that he has one official visit remaining and he may take it. It would be to UCLA or Stanford if he decides to take it.

He also intends to remain in communication with multiple coaching staffs leading up to his decision.

USC leads the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball, but isn't considered a finalist. UCLA (23%) and FSU (8%) also claim predictions.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Burton as the No. 137 prospect in the nation and No. 6 safety.
 10 months ago '13        #4264
On eve of enrolling, Malik Henry playing recruiter

ORLANDO -- Long Beach (Calif.) Poly four-star pro-style quarterback Malik Henry confirmed that he is set to enroll early at Florida State after participating in the Under Armour All-America Game this weekend in Orlando, Fla.

Henry has been a Seminole pledge for more than 13 months. He has never had second thoughts.

"After I made my decision Florida State has been it for me," Henry said. "Other schools have tried to talk to me like UCLA or LSU, SC did, Auburn did a little bit, but I kind of told the coaches after I made my decision I was kind of shutting it down and there was no other school that I am going to be interested in."

In December, Henry hosted FSU a.ssistant Tim Brewster in his home. That was the last coach to visit with him and has been his regular contact throughout the process.

"His final message was just get ready and be ready. Just work hard when you get here," Henry said.

As for this week, Henry is in Orlando looking to have fun and also work on strengthening FSU's highly ranked 2016 recruiting class.

"I am just out here trying to have fun for my last high school game and try to build further relationships with some of the commits out here and some kids who aren't committed and hopefully get them signed to Florida State," Henry said.

Henry has a list of names he is in pursuit of at Under Armour.

"We are just trying to get other guys to sign to Florida State - Keith Gavin, Trayvon Mullen, Nate Craig (Myers) and Brandon Burton are guys that we are working on," Henry said.

"I tell them that if they want to come play for an elite program who will prepare you for the next level and who will be in a bowl game each year, if those are what you have set in your future as what you want to work towards then Florida State is the place for you," Henry added.

One of those Henry is after, Brandon Burton, is a close friend and a fellow four-star from California. Burton is set to decide on Jan. 2nd. Henry shared his thoughts on his upcoming announcement.

"I think we have a good shot at getting him, the only thing is he might want to stay home, stay closer to his parents," Henry said. "I think if it is his decision, then he will come to Florida State. I think Florida State is a great fit for him. He can play that star position on defense. He can cover guys. He can play offense if he wanted to. I think we got him. The only thing is location, and hopefully that is just not an issue."

Henry also stated that he believes Nate Craig-Myers and Trayvon Mullen end up in Tallahassee. He also believes FSU is up there with Keith Gavin and Dontavious Jackson. He intends to work on bonding with Jackson throughout this week, as the two are teammates.

"I am going to spend a lot of time with him, get to know him a little better, hopefully develop a relationship with him and get him committed," Jackson said.

As for his future at FSU, Henry intends to compete for the starting quarterback job, but he is also looking to make an impact in a second sport for the Seminoles.

"I am still looking to do baseball, as much as I can. I just want to be a pitcher only so hopefully that works out," Henry said.

"It worked out with Jameis, so obviously (Jimbo) will have a plan for me and we will go from there," Henry added.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Henry as the No. 48 prospect in the nation and No. 4 pro-style quarterback.

QB Malik Henry says his favorite food during his recruitment was crab legs.. at Florida State
 10 months ago '13        #4265
FSU-Alabama battle for Keith Gavin

ORLANDO -- Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla four-star wide receiver Keith Gavin isn’t playing in the Under Armour Game because of a separated shoulder he suffered in the State Finals game two weeks ago. However, he still plans to make the most of his week in Orlando.

When Gavin returns home after a week in Orlando, it’ll be back to the business of recruiting.

“My main two are Florida State and Alabama,” Gavin told Noles247. “I’ll visit Alabama after the (dead) period, that’ll be first and then Florida State will be next. I was going to visit Georgia too, but I don’t think I”m going to do it.”

Gavin spoke about each of his top schools in detail.

Florida State: “I grew up a Florida State fan, it’s been my dream school. I stay 20 minutes down the road and all my family could see me play. They pass the ball a lot and always have a great quarterback. They have another one coming in this year (Malik Henry).”

Alabama: “When I went to Bama for the first time I enjoyed myself and fell in love with the campus, the team, the coaches and it took off from there. It’s a great program and I feel like I’d fit in perfect.”

When he showed up to Under Armour check-in, Gavin was sporting Alabama sweat pants. Gavin denies he was tipping his hand on where he’s going.

“I wear Florida State just as much as I wear ‘Bama stuff,” Gavin said with a laugh.

Gavin’s upcoming decision will be his second. He was previously committed to FSU for nearly a year before decommitting prior to the start of his senior season.

“I decommitted at the beginning of the season because I felt like I committed early. I was a fan of FSU and hadn’t looked at other schools, so I decommitted. They understood and we still talk all the time. I talked to coach (Lawrence) Dawsey last night. We stay in contact all the time.”

This time around, Gavin says he’s looking for one thing.

“The biggest thing to me is where I feel comfortable and fit in at. That’s what’s important when I decide.”

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball reads 59-percent for Alabama and 41-percent for FSU.

Gavin is a four-star recruit, the No.22 ranked WR and the 127th best player overall, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4266
Alabama Set To Host FSU Pledge

ORLANDO -- Lakeland (Fla.) Lake Gibson four-star center Baveon Johnson is considered the nation's top center. So it shouldn't be a shock that other schools are pursuing him. One of those schools has been able to lock up an official visit from the long-time Florida State pledge.

"I am taking an Alabama visit," Johnson said. "January 15th."

The 6-foot-3, 330-pound offensive lineman shared why he intends to visit the Crimson Tide.

"They have been messaging me a little bit and I just want to take an official," Johnson said. "Alabama is Alabama.

"I don't really have an interest level," Johnson added. "I am just going to get a feel for it."

Johnson states he remains solid in his pledge to the Seminoles. They are set to receive his only other planned official visit.

"My official visit for FSU will be January 22nd," Johnson said.

The Seminoles checked in on Johnson on two occasions during the contact period in December.

"I only had one in-home visit, it was Florida State," Johnson said. "It was Odell Haggins. Like a week after the in-home visit, Coach Odell and Coach (Rick) Trickett came too, me and my head coach right now sat in the office and talked for quite a while."

The in-home visit with Haggins involved a feast of food.

"It was," "We had Jimbos (Pit BBQ) - it was like ribs, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, there was some pulled pork, hush puppies. It was very good."

While Johnson feasted that day, he has worked hard in recent months to shed some pounds. He hopes his trimmer body pays off with a strong performance at the Under Armour All-America Game.

"I'm down to 330," Johnson said on Monday. "It feels very good. I am ready to perform.

"I am ready to go practice against Kendell Jones, me and him, every time we see each other it is a competition," Johnson added before stating he also looks forward to competing against No. 1 prospect Rashan Gary.

While he is down some on the scale, FSU hopes to have him enroll over the summer a bit slimmer.

"Most of all we talk about my weight, they want me at 315," Johnson said of his conversations with Trickett. "I'm working on it.

"He ain't going to tell me good job, he is going to tell me to keep it down. He is a real straight-forward guy," Johnson added on Trickett.

Johnson intends to enroll at FSU in June.

"I am ready to go," Johnson said. "Very ready.

"I am looking forward to wearing that Garnet and Gold," Johnson added. "That has been my life dream."

Johnson is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 38 prospect in the nation and the No. 1 overall center.
 10 months ago '13        #4267
Myers wide open and all over the place

ORLANDO -- Pasco (Fla.) four-star cornerback Jayvaughn Myers had been a commitment to Florida until a late November decision to back off that pledge.

He explained why he parted from the Gators at check-in for the Under Armour All-America Game.

"I think probably the relationship between me and Coach (Kirk) Callahan. Probably the depth chart at Florida and the recruits coming in," Myers said.

He explained the part about his relationship with his prospective position coach.

"It just died off a little bit," Myers said. "We were super close before all that. It died down a little bit.

"I went up there one time and we didn't even talk," Myers added.

Upon backing off the pledge, Myers didn’t close the door to anybody. Now, his recruitment is seemingly wide open and all over the place. He is working on January visit plans.

"I don't have official dates but I have probably South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, Ole Miss and Auburn probably. Most likely," Myers said.

Two schools noticeably absent from those potential visits are Florida and Florida State.

"They are not out of it," Myers said of the Gators. "I still talk to Florida. I am still considering them."

"They are always in it," Myers added on Florida State. "I always talk to Coach (Lawrence) Dawsey. Me and him are pretty close."

"I have been to Florida and Florida State probably almost every weekend during the season, so I have seen everything," Myers stated on why he doesn’t need to officially visit the in-state pair.

As for who is recruiting him the hardest at this time, it is an out-of-state program who once held a pledge from his brother, four-star wide receiver Nate Craig-Myers.

"I would probably say Auburn," Myers said when answering who was recruiting him the hardest. "They are coming at me pretty hard. Coach (Dameyune) Craig, that is the wide receivers coach recruiting me, I haven't talked to the defensive backs coach yet.

"They are just saying that they are promising me a spot, not really promising me a spot, but they know that I can change, I can help the program a lot," Myers added on the Tigers.

Myers said he isn't concerned over Auburn's lack of a defensive coordinator at this point in time.

Ole Miss is another SEC program in the mix. They entered the picture in the last few weeks.

"Probably the beginning of December," Myers said of when Ole Miss entered the mix. "The program that they have got right now. A lot of defensive backs that they had. ... I will take a visit there to see what it looks like."

Another newcomer to his recruitment is Maryland. They just recently entered the picture when they hired D.J. Durkin as their head coach and Aazaar Abdul-Rahim as their defensive backs coach.

"I always looked at Maryland, but I just never got offered by them. They just came late,” Myers said. “The defensive backs coach they have got right now, his track record is pretty huge. He came from Alabama. He coached the Under Armour game. He coached Jalen Tabor, one of my favorite players.

When pushed on narrowing his list, Myers was asked what three hats he would choose from if today were decision day. Myers, who intends to decide on National Signing Day, threw out Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina.

“Florida, that is where I was committed to, so that is always in the back of my mind," Myers said of the Gators.

“North Carolina, they have been there since summer time and they talk to me almost every day still,” Myers said on the Tar Heels. "I just want to see the relationship with the coaches. How they feel about me, how everything looks and where I fit into the program."

"T-Rob (at South Carolina), good relationship with him,” Myers said on the Gamecocks. "They are just saying I can be an impact before I even move a muscle. I can be a big impact to the program. I can change the program like I wanted to do at Florida. That is an eye-opener for me."

A major factor in his final decision will be the opportunity to compete for early playing time.

"Not really playing early, but having a shot to play early," Myers said. "I don't want anything given to me."

Myers states that he isn’t a package deal with his brother, but the two may end up together anyways.

"50-50 right now," Myers said. "We have the same exact visits."

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Myers as the No. 23 cornerback in the nation.
 10 months ago '13        #4268
Last official still up for grabs for Top50 OL d!ckerson

Florida State and Tennessee are considered the favorites to sign the nation's No. 5 offensive tackle Landon d!ckerson as he arrived Monday for the Under Armour All-American game Monday.

Out of Hudson (N.C.) South Caldwell, the 6-foot-5, 293-pound d!ckerson told 247Sports insider Luke Stampini at check-in he'll his remaining official visits to Florida on Jan. 15 and Alabama on Jan. 22 with Georgia and Tennessee battling for the final visit Jan. 29. He already took his official to Florida State in October and Auburn over Thanksgiving in November.

247Sports ranks d!ckerson as the No. 22 recruit overall.
 10 months ago '13        #4269
Trickett has FSU in position to land d!ckerson

ORLANDO -- Hudson (NC) South Caldwell four-star offensive tackle Landon d!ckerson has his final visit schedule nearly set. The 6-foot-5, 293-pound big man has a busy January.

“Right now I’m going to Florida on January 16th, 22nd to Alabama and the final one is up in the air. Probably between Georgia and Tennessee,” d!ckerson told Noles247.com.

d!ckerson has already taken official visits to Florida State and Auburn, but says a return trip to FSU on an unofficial visit could happen in January.

“It’s very much a possibility if I can. You know, North Carolina still has school for the next two weeks, so it’s going to be a busy period for me, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get back down there,” he said.

Does d!ckerson have a leader as we head to the homestretch of his recruitment?

“I know that Florida State and Tennessee will be at the final table,” d!ckerson said.

One of the reasons FSU is at the top of his list is because of the relationship he has with Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett.

“I don’t call him as often as some of these other coaches, but we just sort of have a matching relationship. We talk about everything. I don’t think we’ve talked about football for a while, to be honest.”

Florida State, Auburn and Tennessee are considered the favorites, but d!ckerson said other schools have come in recently that have made things a little more interesting.

“Florida, Alabama and Georgia are making a real strong push so that’s kind of stirring the pot a little more,” he added. “I’ve said throughout the process that I’d probably be open until the very end and that has kind of proven it’s self to be true right now.”

As for a final decision, d!ckerson says he doesn’t have to wait until the end.

“Most likely on Signing Day or a few days before.”

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks d!ckerson as the No. 49 prospect in the nation and No. 7 offensive tackle.
 10 months ago '13        #4270
Schiano takes over recruiting Florida DB, official visit set

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola defensive back Carlos Becker landed a scholarship offer from the Buckeyes back in February. Since then much has happened including Chris Ash being named the head coach at Rutgers and Greg Schiano taking over as the Buckeyes defensive coordinator.

“Coach Schiano is the one recruiting me now,” Becker said. “It’s been great. He’s a straight-forward guy. Coach (Tony) Alford was recruiting me. Now it’s all coach Schiano. He should be coming down in January.”

Speaking of January, Becker has three official visits set up next month. He plans to visit Florida State the weekend of Jan. 15, Ohio State Jan. 22 and Ole Miss Jan. 29. Becker visited Wisconsin and North Carolina State during the football season. He has scholarship offers from all five schools and many others.

The 6-foot-2 and 185-pound Becker is being recruited by the Buckeyes as a cornerback. He played both cornerback and safety during his senior season and intercepted six passes. Playing cornerback as a junior Becker had five interceptions.

Becker is a 3-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 45 cornerback and the No. 67 prospect in Florida.
 10 months ago '13        #4271
FSU set to host Becker right after the break

ORLANDO -- Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola three-star cornerback Carlos Becker shared a list of four schools standing out to him upon arriving at the Under Armour All-America Game.

"N.C. State, Ohio State, Florida State and Ole Miss," Becker said.

According to Becker, Miami is also actively recruiting him but not currently in the mix with those four.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound cornerback has taken official visits to see the Wolfpack as well as Wisconsin. He intends to use his final three officials before wrapping up the process.

"Ole Miss, Ohio State, and Florida State," Becker said of destinations. "Florida State is the 15th, and then Ohio State is the week after that and then Ole Miss the week after that."

When it comes to FSU, he is being pursued by area recruiter Rick Trickett as well as defensive coordinator Charles Kelly. The message from the Seminoles to Becker is a simple one.

"That I can play multiple positions and stuff like that," Becker said.

Becker said he would prefer to play cornerback at the next level.

Becker doesn't claim a leader at this time, but it is clear the Wolfpack hold the lead at this time. He was asked what two hats he would have if he were deciding today.

"N.C. State is one," Becker said before pausing. "And Florida State."

But he isn't quite ready to decide.

"When it comes into my head, I'll pull the trigger," Becker said.

There are a few different traits he is looking for in his future school.

"Coaches, if they are going to be there for my whole - if they are winning they are obviously going to be there," Becker said. "Then the players. Am I comfortable in the environment. The school and if there is a high chance of me graduating. Stuff like that."

N.C. State leads FSU with 80-percent of predictions on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Becker as the No. 45 cornerback in the nation.
 10 months ago '13        #4272
Top-100 OL d!ckerson setting final visits

ORLANDO, Fla. — Just as Landon d!ckerson has predicted for months, he’s still not ready to make his college decision with National Signing Day now only a little more than five weeks away.

Several teams are still in the picture with the top-100 senior offensive lineman from South Caldwell High School in Hudson, N.C., and he told 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow on Monday that he's planning to take all three of his remaining official visits — and perhaps one more unofficial visit — in the coming weeks.

“I’ve said throughout this process I’ll probably be open ‘til the very end,” d!ckerson said, “and obviously this is kind of proving itself true right now.”

The 6-foot-5, 293-pound d!ckerson wasn’t prepared to name a leader Monday as he arrived in Florida for this week’s Under Armour All-America Game. But he said he already knows two teams that are a.ssured of being among his finalists.

“I know that Florida State and Tennessee will be at that final table,” said d!ckerson, a four-star prospect who’s ranked the nation’s No. 49 overall player and No. 7 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class.

Florida State and Auburn already have hosted him on official visits, and he said he’s currently scheduled to take official visits to Florida the weekend of Jan. 15 and Alabama the weekend of Jan. 22.

d!ckerson said Tennessee and Georgia currently are battling for his final visit the weekend before signing day.

“Tennessee’s kind of leading that right now, obviously, because they’ve been in it for a long time, and Georgia with that new coaching staff,” he said.

An unofficial visit to Florida State sometime in January, d!ckerson said, also is “very much a possibility if I can” make it back there. He said Seminoles offensive line coach Rick Trickett is the coach with whom he currently has the strongest relationship.

“I don’t call him as often as I do some of these other coaches, but we just kind of have a matching relationship,” d!ckerson said. “We talk about everything. I don’t think we’ve talked about football in a while, to be perfectly honest.”

d!ckerson has been to Tennessee several times since last year, most recently visiting the Vols for back-to-back games in early November, and he said he’s impressed by the direction of their program.

“Tennessee, obviously, that program’s been growing for the past couple years,” he said. “And just being able to see where they were and where they are now, it’s very promising to see that Coach (Butch) Jones is building that program back up to where it used to be.”

Florida recently has entered the picture, and he said he’s looking forward to visiting the Gators for the first time in less than three weeks.

“I’ve been talking to (Florida a.ssistant) coach (Greg) Nord mainly,” d!ckerson said. “He’s the one that came up and talked to me right before the dead period (started). Florida just kind of intrigued me. Obviously, it’s a great program. They have a good educational opportunity for me down there, so it’s just a place I was going to look into.

“Obviously, (Florida is) really shallow on the depth charts. And that’s also kind of promising, that I could go in there and potentially play right away. I don’t know how well I’d take to not being able to play. I’ve been playing all my life, really, so it’s just one of those things that I’d probably prefer to go out and compete right away.”

He said he’s also still considering Auburn, which hosted d!ckerson on his most recent official visit the weekend of Nov. 28 for its game against rival Alabama.

“(Auburn offensive line) coach (J.B.) Grimes and (head) coach (Gus) Malzahn, they’re great coaches and they’ve just had a few hiccups here and there,” d!ckerson said. “That really hasn’t turned me off, because I know fixing those few problems is going to put them back on top to being a winning team.”

d!ckerson said he “most likely” will announce his decision on signing day, or “maybe a couple days before,” and he still has plenty of options to consider over the next several weeks.

“Florida and Alabama are making a really hard push, and so is Georgia now,” he said. “That’s kind of stirring the pot a little bit more now.”
 10 months ago '13        #4273
“Brewster is one of the coolest coaches ever"

Orlando — Houston (TX) Alief Elsik four-star linebacker Dontavious Jackson has a special bond with Florida State a.ssistant coach Tim Brewster.

“Brewster is one of the coolest coaches ever, man,” Jackson told Noles247 during Under Armour check-in. “We talk three or four times a week. He’s just straight up, he carries himself with a swagger that I can relate to.”

Besides Florida State, Jackson also has high interest in Michigan, Texas, LSU, Alabama, Florida and UCLA.

Jackson took an official visit to FSU back in October. It was his first time on campus and he was there for FSU’s big rivalry weekend when they faced Miami. However, something besides the loud crowd and win impressed him when he was in Tallahassee.

“Devaughn Darling was my uncles best friend growing up and he died on the field at Florida State. They have a memorial thing in a patch of grass leading to the field. That was a neat experience and touching that they still show love to him, make sure they reach out to his family and still check on him, to this day.”

A second visit to Florida State is in the works.

“I’m going to go with my mom but I don’t know exactly when. It’ll probably be a mid-week visit. I want to go just when she can have a one-on-one with the coaches. So that we can both kind of have one-on-one time.”

Is this a sign of where things stand between Jackson and the Seminoles?

“It definitely is, but I’m also going to a couple other schools. I’m going to see LSU, Texas and Michigan on unofficial visits too. I’m pretty good on my grades, I’m straight A’s, so I think I can pull it off and get out of school,” he said.

Jackson will have an incredibly busy January if he can fit in all those unofficial visits, plus his two planned official visits to Florida and Alabama.

“Florida really started coming after me hard in November. They caught my attention because the defense is always going to be right, coach Shannon has always coached good players, plus they offered one of my teammates.”

College coaches aren’t the only ones recruiting Jackson to their school, fans are too.

“Michigan, Florida State and Texas fans are on me every day. I get at least ten mentions from those schools every single day.”

When it comes to making a decision, it’s all about comfort for Jackson.

“All my top schools pretty much have everything that I want It’s going to come down to where I’m comfortable,” he added. “I am offered an education and playing time at every school and they all have a lot in common, but it’s going to be about where I feel comfortable.”

Jackson is a four-star recruit, the No.5 ranked inside linebacker and the 122nd best player overall.
 10 months ago '13        #4274
Top50 DL Hall has final three officials scheduled

The No. 1 recruit in Washington D.C. according to 247Sports in Top50 defensive end Terrell Hall has been considered an Alabama lean since he decommitted from Ohio State in early August.

Hall told 247Sports insider Luke Stampini at check in for the Under Armour All-American Game that he'll return to Tuscaloosa for his official visit on Jan. 22.

Other official visits for Hall include UCLA on Jan. 15 and Ole Miss on Jan. 29, according to Stampini.

Hall has already taken official visits to Florida and Florida State.

247Sports ranks Hall as the nation's No. 4 weak-side defensive end and No. 50 player overall. He will announce his commitment on National Signing Day.
 10 months ago '13        #4275
FSU remains in the lead for 4-star OT

ORLANDO -- Florida State surged into the lead for Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll four-star offensive tackle Jauan Williams in December when he officially visited. They remain in that top spot, according to Williams, upon his arrival at the Under Armour All-America Game check-in.

The 6-foot-7, 300-plus pound offensive lineman explained what stood out about FSU on his Dec. 11th official visit.

"The coaching staff, I really love Coach (Rick) Trickett, Coach Jimbo (Fisher), they are very good coaches, very truthful," Williams said. "I love Big Rod Johnson, he was like a big brother to me. I got to hang out with some of the players. I got to go out to dinner with them.

"I just thought to myself, I said this is a great campus, a great place to be," Williams added. "I just felt comfortable with it."

As previously mentioned, he named FSU his leader after the visit and they remain in that spot. He explains why he can see himself in Garnet and Gold.

"Because I felt like I could go there, learn a whole bunch and get to the next level from Coach Trickett," Williams said. "They didn't BS with me ever since they started recruiting me. I just feel like they fit right for me, one of my top choices."

Offensive line coach Rick Trickett is key in FSU's standing with Williams. Williams worked with him at a camp back in July and has stayed in regular contact throughout his recruitment.

"The way he coaches, he has a very good coaching style, good techniques and stuff like that," Williams said. "He still gets them to the next level, he prepares guys.

"Big Rod said he came in and because of Coach Trickett he became so much better as a player," Williams added.

As for FSU's competition, Williams shared a few schools.

"Florida, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Miami," Williams said of other schools involved.

"It is kind of hard," Williams said on setting visit destinations, adding that none are locked in at this time.

Williams also confirmed that Maryland remains in the mix, but won't get an official due to proximity and his familiarity with the program. He is paying close attention to how new head coach D.J. Durkin fills out his staff.

Williams was asked if he was deciding today which two schools would be on the table. He said that those two would be Florida State and Oklahoma.

The Terps lead the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball with 43-percent of predictions.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Williams as the No. 152 prospect in the nation and No. 16 offensive tackle.
 10 months ago '13        #4276
Sooners pushing FSU for four-star OL

ORLANDO, Fla. - Offensive tackle Jauan Williams (Washington, D.C./Archbishop Carroll) said Oklahoma is pushing Florida State, his leader, the hardest.

"They are a good running team," Williams said of Oklahoma. "They've had a whole bunch of good NFL picks like Trent Williams who is a good offensive tackle for the (Washington) Redskins. Their coach has been hitting me up every day. They have a great coach. I'm just wanting to get down there to see how the campus is and how they players are."

Williams officially visited Florida State, his lone official visit so far.

He hopes to take three more official visits in January.

He doesn't have the dates set for any of those official visits yet but he said they could go to Florida, Nebraska, Oklahoma or Miami.

Florida State has led since his December official.

"The coaching staff. I really loved (Seminoles offensive line) coach (Rick) Trickett and they are really truthful," Williams said of FSU. "I got to hang out with some of the players and go out to dinner. I just thought to myself this is a great place to be."

His teammate, four-star offensive lineman Richard Merritt, a Maryland commit, could be a package deal.

"I'm still considering Maryland," Williams said. "I'm probably just not going to take an official visit there. I've been there a whole bunch of times. I can always drive up there and see the coaching staff," Williams said. "I just have to get a feel for the new o-line coach there."

Williams added his thoughts on his other visit options.

Nebraska: - "The o-line coach and me are very close. They've been recruiting me hard long distance. I know about their facility. Everything is well connected up and down."

Florida: "I didn't feel I got the full visit (when I went there) and meet the full coaching staff. I think they got a bunch of new facilities. They came to my school and talked to me. I really like Florida."

Williams still plans to announce on National Signing Day.

The Crystal Ball reads reads 43-percent for Maryland, 36-percent for Alabama, 14-percent for Florida State and seven-percent for Ohio State.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 16 offensive tackle and the No. 2 prospect in the District of Columbia in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 10 months ago '13        #4277
Top 100 DE Terrell Hall Shares The Latest

Washington (D.C.) St. John’s College defensive end Terrell Hall, a one-time Ohio State commit, is in Orlando this week for the Under Armour All-America Game. While the four-star prospect won’t play in the game, as he’s nursing a knee injury from his senior season, he took time to share the latest in his recruitment with 247Sports’ Luke Stampini.

“The 15th I go to UCLA, 22nd I go to Alabama and then the 29th I finish off with Ole Miss,” Hall said of his official visit plans.

The East Coast defender laid out his current top four.

“Alabama, Florida State, Ole Miss and Maryland,” Hall said. “Those are the main four schools. But it’s a real close margin between Florida State and Alabama. Ole Miss is there too, I just haven’t been there yet.”

Hall, who has visited Tuscaloosa twice since the summer, talked about what he wants to see at Alabama on his return trip.

“Basically to see how the staff reacted to Coach (Kirby) Smart’s departure,” Hall said. “Then getting to know Coach (Jeremy Pruitt) as a defensive coordinator and a coach. Basically just hanging out with the players again and seeing if everything is what it seemed like the first and second time.”

Hall, like four-star receiver Keith Gavin, showed up with Alabama sweatpants on today. Was this a sign of things to come?

“Nah, it was more comfortable than the Under Armour sweatpants,” Hall said. “Everything is getting to small for me now.”

The four-star DE touched on what he’s excited to see when he visits Ole Miss.

“Well I already got to know some of the commits, but I want to see who else ends up committing there,” Hall said. “I want to get a feel for me being with those types of players and the community. I always hear (Oxford) is a great town and a great area, so I just want to get a feel for it myself.

“Then I know a couple guys that went to my school that go there now – some of them play baseball – and I want to see how they like the campus and how they like the school. Then hanging out with Coach (Chris) Kiffin, seeing where he’ll put me visually, like on film.”

Hall has already taken an official to Florida State; he talked about what’s keeping the Seminoles in the race.

“The versatility as far as they’ll play me inside, outside, outside linebacker, standing up,” Hall said. “They give you a lot of opportunity to play for national championships without the wear and tear of the SEC – that’s another pitch they really like to use. Basically you’re playing top competition and you’re competing for a national championship, but you’re not wearing and tearing your body week in and week out.

“Then just the area – it’s a great area to play college football, it’s comfortable,” Hall said. “They really take care of their players. Then academically they’re really advanced in sports journalism and media broadcasting major that I’m interested in.”

Does Maryland have a legitimate shot at reeling in the 6-foot-5, 250-pounder?

“It just really depends on how things play out in January,” Hall said. “I know they’re really trying to recruit last minute, so I know it’s difficult for them, but I know a lot of people that are considering them now. The new coaching change really impacted a lot of people and kind of their vision on the recruiting process.”

Hall went on to list the coaches he has the best relationships with.

“(Coach Aazaar Abdul-Rahim), he’s at Maryland, I’m really close with him – he was at Bama – so I was real close with him,” Hall said. “Then Coach Tosh Lupoi, I’m real close with him, too. Then Coach Kiffin, me and him are starting to get close. Then Coach (Brad) Lawing, me and him are starting to talk real frequent. Me and him had built a relationship right before I visited and since I visited we’re meshing together real well.”

A decision is expected on National Signing Day for the elite DE.

“I’m pretty sure I will (announce on NSD),” Hall said. “I talked to ESPN about doing it on National Signing Day.”

What are the most important factors that Hall is looking for in his future school?

“Comfort, as far as how I feel on campus and how I feel about the other players I’ll be playing with,” Hall said. “Then academics and then lastly who do I feel comfortable with coaching-wise. Who do I feel like I have the closest relationship with and then who do I feel like this guy will actually take care of me and not just use me for football.”
 10 months ago '08        #4278
$2,570 | Props total: 164 164
lookin like we're takin landon d!ckerson, juan williams, and the texas LB for sure.

finally got somethin to be excited about with recruiting lol

and is trickett our 2nd best recruiter???
 10 months ago '13        #4279
 rfessler1 said:
lookin like we're takin landon d!ckerson, juan williams, and the texas LB for sure.

finally got somethin to be excited about with recruiting lol

and is trickett our 2nd best recruiter???
Him or Charles Kelly, I would say.
 10 months ago '13        #4280
UA Check-In: What I Learned Today

ORLANDO -- Sunday was check-in day for the Under Armour All-America Game. Noles247 interviewed fifteen Florida State prospects today. Here’s a rundown of what we learned:

— I learned it’s going to be an East Coast/West Coast battle for four-star safety Brandon Burton. Either FSU or UCLA. Burton hasn’t made his decision yet, although he says he’s close. He doesn’t plan on informing the team he’s choosing until the night before or morning of his announcement.

— I learned Malik Henry is doing everything in his power to see to it that FSU closes the 2016 recruiting class by adding a few more studs. Top on his list includes Brandon Burton, Keith Gavin, Landon d!ckerson, Nate Craig-Myers and Trayvon Mullen.

— I learned Keith Gavin will take two more visits before deciding. He’ll be at Alabama on the 15th and FSU on the 22nd. He’s always talked about visiting Georgia, but admitted today that that trip will not take place. Gavin says his shoulder injury would be fully recovered in three more weeks. He considered taking a cortisone shot so he could play, but his family thought that was a bad idea (that’s what family is for).

— Baveon Johnson remains rock solid to FSU, but we learned today he’s taking a visit to Alabama after the dead period ends. He’ll take his official to FSU the following weekend. I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about here. Odell Haggins has been recruiting Johnson for three years and is a father figure of sorts to him. Oh, and he’s had the Seminole logo tattooed on his shoulder before he even had an offer from FSU.

— I learned FSU has work to do on both Jayvaughn Myers and his brother Nate Craig-Myers. Both of them are still heavily involved with FSU, but the issue is, they aren’t planning on taking official visits to the instate programs Florida or FSU. If FSU doesn’t get them in on an official, I feel the chances of landing them greatly decrease. These two seem to blow back and forth like the wind. I still think there’s a lot left to each of their recruitments.

— It looks like Shavar Manuel will stay in state, either FSU or Florida. Today we learned USF is the dark horse. They’re selling him hard on staying home and playing close to friends and family. I still feel UF leads, but we know visits can cause big changes in Manuel’s recruitment. He says he plans to visit all three schools in January.

— I learned things are real tight at the top for four-star defensive end Terrell Hall. I think FSU has a great shot at him, as do Alabama and Ole Miss. FSU’s biggest competition will be the Alabama visit on January 22nd. Weathering the storm of that ‘Bama visit will be crucial.

— I learned Jauan Williams can put his foot behind his head. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, go to page five of the UA Check-In thread. I also think there’s a very good chance he ends up in FSU’s class.

— I learned Landon d!ckerson “understands” coach Trickett and says the two have similar personalities. So I went ahead and Crystal Ball’d him to FSU.

— I learned that cornerback Levonta Taylor is a punt returner, not a kick returner. He expects to make an early impact in the Star position at FSU.

— I learned Naseir Upshur will do whatever it takes to get on the field as a freshman. He said special teams, tight end or h-back, whatever the team needs him to do.

— I learned that I still know nothing about linebacker Keion Joyner.

What will I learn tomorrow?

Practice starts at 10am. Stick with us all day for live updates, observations and stories.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Omg wtf YOUNG MA WITH MAKEUP ON
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 52 followers
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Well Damn did 6God sneak diss hov on “sneakin”?
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Oct 23 - Being Single Is Now a Disability, According to the World Health Organ..
2 days ago
most viewed right now
Soulja Boy & Bow Wow Releasing Watch The Throne 2
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside "Always Remember" credit to imgur poster
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Oct 28: Jeezy - Trap Or Die 3 (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) ..
2 days ago
most viewed right now
Article inside Your days of watching pirated live streams may be over, thanks to Cisco
1 day ago
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy