most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
185 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

12 months ago '13        #4241
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,512 | Props total: 356 356
FSU Recruiting: Commitment Timeline

Florida State recruiting is hitting the home-stretch. Here’s a look at the 2016 targets FSU is actively recruiting and when we are expecting them to make a decision.

All-Star Announcements:

5-Star DE Oluwole Betiku - Expected to pick USC. FSU and Texas A&M are also in the mix, but it looks like he’s staying out West.

4-Star LB Keion Joyner - This is one of the strangest recruitments of the year for FSU, but all signs still point to Joyner committing to FSU during the week of Under Armour.

Expected Signing Day Decisions:

4-Star DB Brandon Burton - He was planning to announce at the Under Armour Game but he’s decided an official visits in January. FSU has a good shot to land Burton, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oklahoma and Notre Dame are also in the running.

4-Star CB Trayvon Mullen - This one has been an LSU - FSU battle for months. We expect him to sign with FSU.

4-Star WR Nate Craig-Myers - Criag-Myers will visit both FSU and UF in January before making a decision on Signging Day. UF has led most of the season, but FSU has made up some ground and this one is nearly 50/50 at this point. Craig-Myers also has an official visit to Auburn scheduled for January. He was previously committed to the Tigers before decommitting during the summer.

4-Star DE Terrell Hall - FSU hosted Hall on a visit prior to the dead period. It went as well as it possibly could have and put FSU in position to land the talent pass rusher on Signing Day. Alabama and Maryland are probably FSU’s biggest competition.

4-Star DB Jayvaughn Myers - It’s unclear exactly when he plans to announce, but we do know he’s taking official visits in January. FSU, UF, Auburn and Ole Miss are the destinations.

4-Star DE Brian Burns - He recently came out and said FSU and UF are tied at the top. Burns will visit UF and FSU during the month of January. It’ll be interesting to see if Miami can make a move on him now that Mark Richt is in Coral Gables.

4-Star DT Shavar Manuel - Expect Manuel to stay instate. FSU or UF is the most likely landing spot, but watch USF. He’s been talking with the Bulls recently and it wouldn’t be a complete shock if he decided to stay home.

4-Star LB Dontavious Jackson - Probably the top uncommitted target for recruiting ace Tim Brewster. FSU’s biggest competition comes from Texas.

4-Star DB Carlos Becker - FSU has made a concerted effort in the last couple weeks to ratchet up the recruitment of Becker. He’s interested in FSU and will take an official visit to Tallahassee in January. FSU’s biggest competition comes from N.C. State, Miami and Kentucky.

4-Star WR Keith Gavin - This is a FSU - Alabama battle. He plans to take an official visit to Alabama in January and make his decision announcement sometime after that, could be Signing Day.

4-Star OT Landon d!ckerson - His decision could come prior to Signing Day. As of today he has not set a timetable, but he is taking official visits in January. FSU and Auburn are the primary teams in this battle.

4-Star OT Jauan Williams - He’s coming off an excellent official visit to FSU. Alabama could be the biggest threat to FSU right now, Auburn and Florida are also in contention.
 12 months ago '13        #4242
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers Another 2017 Legacy Recruit

Florida State offered 2017 linebacker Bradley Jennings Jr. this morning. Jennings Jr., a 6-foot-2, 215-pound linebacker from Sandalwood high school in Jacksonville, Fla., is the son of former FSU linebacker Bradley Jennings. The elder Jennings played linebacker at FSU from 1997-2001

This is the fourth offer for Jennings Jr. He also has early offers from USF, West Virginia and Louisville.

I am truly Blessed to get a offer from Florida state I just want to thank God for everything pic.twitter.com/5rex14zh5N

Jennings Jr. is the second legacy prospect that FSU has offered in the 2017 class. The other is cornerback Stanford Samuels III, who FSU currently leads for. The Seminoles have also expressed a good bit of interest in 2017 linebacker DeCalon Brooks, who is the son of Derrick Brooks.
 12 months ago '13        #4243
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Jennings Jr. on FSU offer: 'It meant a lot'

Linebacker Bradley 'Monster' Jennings had a great deal of success for Florida State from 1998 to 2001. He capped off his college career with a 121 tackle senior season. He had 339 career tackles over 44 games in Garnet and Gold.

Now his son, a junior at Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood, could potentially carry on his legacy at Florida State.

"I spoke to Coach (Jimbo) Fisher and Coach Odell Haggins," Bradley Jennings Jr. said on Sunday afternoon. "Coach Fisher told me he had really enjoyed watching my film and that I have an offer to Florida State.

"Coach Odell Haggins talked to me and my dad about me becoming a future 'Nole and how they would love me to go there," Jennings Jr. added.

The younger Jennings, who checks in at 6-foot-2, 215-pounds, is excited about his latest offer.

"It meant a lot," Jennings Jr. said. "I have really been waiting on this offer. I've always have been a 'Noles fan and it's a dream come true."

As for his father, he is just proud of his son.

"He was very excited and proud that all the hard work I put in is paying off," Jennings Jr. said of his father's reaction to the offer from his alma mater.

FSU joins Duke, FIU, Georgia Southern, Louisville, North Carolina, South Florida and West Virginia in offering Jennings Jr.

He is familiar with the Seminoles beyond what his father has told him. He has some hands-on experience having visited in recent years.

"I have," Jennings Jr. said when asked if he had been to FSU as a 'recruit'. "I attended the camp this past summer and my freshman year.

"I really like the school and the campus," he added. "The coaches treat you like family."

He admits that today's offer gave him something to ponder regarding his future.

"In my head I was thinking about it, but I would like to speak to my parents about it," Jennings Jr. said of potentially committing. "Florida State leads while North Carolina is behind them."

Jennings has yet to be ranked by 247Sports.com or the 247Sports.com Composite.
 12 months ago '13        #4244
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Latest on five-star Betiku

Defensive end Oluwole Betiku (Gardena, Calif./Serra) said he will no longer be playing in the Under Armour All-American Game January 2 due to an injury to his left shoulder.

Betiku, who originally planned to announce his college choice at the event, said he will probably announce his choice in the next week or so as he's still on track to enroll early.

Betiku said he's still considering USC, Florida State, Notre Dame and Texas A&M.

The Crystal Ball reads 86-percent for USC, 10-percent for Texas A&M and five-percent foggy.

Betiku officially visited Notre Dame, Florida State and Texas A&M.

He officially visited USC two weekends ago.

"It went well," Betiku said of his USC visit. "I spoke to Clay (Helton) and we got the chance to talk for a long time."

Betiku said he also hung out with Trojans freshman defensive lineman Rasheem Green, four-star offensive line target E.J. Price and USC four-star wide receiver early enrollee commit Josh Imatorbhebhe.

"It went well," Betiku said.

He said he's just waiting to get cleared to enroll early.

"I'm good with classes," Betiku said. "It's just that I've been to three different schools and I came from a different country so the NCAA is going to ask some questions. Hopefully I'll be good so I can get my surgery done after I enroll then."

The five-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 1 weakside defensive end and the No. 1 prospect in California in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 12 months ago '13        #4245
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Robinson Set To Sign With FSU Today

Florida State four-star weak-side defensive end commitment Janarius Robinson will be signing his paperwork to enroll early at FSU on Monday.

On December 9th, Robinson officially put an end to his recruitment and also shared that he would be enrolling at FSU in January.

Robinson stuck with the Seminoles despite heavy pursuit by Alabama, Florida and more.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Robinson as the No. 59 prospect in the nation and No. 3 weak-side defensive end.
 12 months ago '13        #4246
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Devin White Has Timeframe For Decision

Devin White squeezed his third official visit in the weekend before the dead period.

The four-star athlete from Springhill-North Webster spent the weekend four hours from his home in North Louisiana down at LSU.

“It was good to get to hang around the coaches so much,” said White, who had already taken an official visit to Florida State when the Seminoles hosted Miami and to Arkansas the weekend before the LSU trip. “It was a lot different from my other trips there because we were away from football. It was nothing like when you’re at a game or camp.

“This was different. You got the real side of it. You got the family side of it. The relationship that I have with coach Wilson, coach Miles, coach Ensminger, really all of them, is one of the great things about LSU.”

Wilson has made White his No. 1 target and priority for this class since he offered the summer before his sophomore season. One would expect Wilson and Ensminger, who recruits Northwest Louisiana, to apply some pressure to try and lock up his commitment.

However, White says the weekend had a much different feel to it.

“They weren’t stressing anything to me or making me feel pressured at all,” he said. “They had already established how bad they wanted me and felt that they needed me with as long as they have been recruiting me.

“Their message this time was just ‘try and get comfortable down here.’ This was real laid back and all about my family getting to hang with their families and getting to know one another.”

That family approach was just what White was looking for.

“That was a key for anybody recruiting me,” he said. “Some coaches don’t even care about your family. They just care about you as a player.

“For LSU to really show me the family side of it all, that was an awesome recruiting job, especially for me since I am so big on family. They did it right.”

With recruiting now in a dead period until January 14, White is focused on finishing up some correspondence coursework so that he can enroll early at his landing spot.

“I’m taking everything right now, and all I have to do is finish by like January 7 or so,” he said. “I’ve got like a 3.8 (GPA) that I’m going to graduate with, so getting this done is not going to be a problem.

"I'm looking at making my decision sometime around the same time on January 7 or so."

White said that timeline of the first week in January works out with all of the schools he is considering enrolling at a week or two later. That group includes the three he made officials to as well as Alabama and Ole Miss.

“They are all right there in the middle of January, so it won’t be a deal at all,” he said. “I want to say LSU starts around the 14th and I know Alabama starts around the 18th. So, all of the schools are really right there.”

Something that White made clear was that Alabama and Ole Miss are still in the hunt despite not getting officials in before the dead period.

“I’ve already been there so many times that it’s not going to hurt them,” he said. “About the only difference is I didn’t get the treatment you get on an official, but that isn’t a big deal for me. I know I’m comfortable with both schools.

“It wasn’t my plan to not visit those schools either. I tried to visit Ole Miss when they played LSU, but they didn’t really want me to. I just ran out of time with Alabama.”

All that is left now is for White to make the final call between five schools. It’s five finalists that all offer what he is looking for.

“Wherever I go, I’m anticipating playing right off the bat,” he said. “That’s just how I am. I am going to work hard to get on the field whether it’s on special teams or hopefully getting a bunch of carries. I just want to go in and work.

“All five of the schools that I’m down to are wonderful schools with great programs. I think I can be successful at either one of them. It’s just up to me to get the job done.”
 12 months ago '13        #4247
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Vols Back In Picture With FL CB

Carlos Becker already has been to Wisconsin and N.C. State on official visits, and he’s tentatively scheduled to take his final three official visits next month.

But at least one other team is hoping to convince him to change his plans.

The three-star senior cornerback from Osceola High School in Kissimmee, Fla., said he’s currently planning to use his three remaining visits to travel to Florida State the weekend of Jan. 16, Ohio State the weekend of Jan. 23 and Ole Miss the weekend of Jan. 30. But Tennessee recently has moved back into the picture and is hoping to get one of his final visits.

Becker said it might be “kind of hard for me to drop an official” that he currently has planned and visit Tennessee instead. His planned trips to Ohio State and Florida State in particular seem to be a bit more set in stone.

But he’s not ruling out the possibility he could visit the Vols.

“They’re trying to make me drop an official for them, but I didn’t know what to do. It would be kind of hard for me to drop an official,” said Becker, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 483 overall prospect and No. 44 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class.

“I know I’m going to take Ohio State. I know I’m going to take Florida State. But, I mean, if the coaches from Ole Miss, they get their guys and stuff like that, then I’m going to take it to Tennessee, most definitely.”

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Becker admitted Florida State and N.C. State are the two teams currently standing out most to him. But he’s still exploring other options leading up to signing day.

“Everything up there (at N.C. State) is pretty nice,” he said. “The coaches are doing pretty good with the program, building the program up, so I might just jump on their train. I’ve been up there about three or four times.

“(Florida State is) winning. Their coaches are sending people to the league, and that’s one of my biggest dreams. They’re sending them all out. What’s to say they can’t send me out?”

Becker said Tennessee visited him twice last month, sending both defensive backs coach Willie Martinez and defensive coordinator John Jancek to see him, and the Vols have made it clear that he could address their need for additional help in the secondary.

While they once believed he might project as a safety, Becker said Tennessee’s coaches recently have made it clear that they believe he can play cornerback.

“They’re just telling me I can go there and start from Day One — well, not from Day One, but they were saying I can go in there and play after watching my senior film,” he said. “I told them I didn’t want to play safety, because they were recruiting me as a safety. But they told me, after watching my senior film, I can definitely play corner up there.”

The Vols aren’t exactly a new team on Becker’s radar. They extended a scholarship offer to him in February, and he said he briefly stopped at Tennessee this summer on his way back from a visit to Kentucky.

“I was coming back from Kentucky, driving down. I was like, ‘We’re in Tennessee. Might as well swing by Tennessee to see what they’ve got.’ I fell in love with it when I went over there,” he said.

“We were just driving through, and I could see a bridge going over some water. I was like, ‘Man, it’s beautiful.’ Then, we went to the indoor facility, went to all the coaches’ offices, and (I liked) just how everything was set up. Everything that I went to there and looked at was just shocking.”

Becker said he “grew up a Miami fan,” and he recently picked up an offer from the Hurricanes, who also are hoping to get him on campus sometime next month.

“They offered me, like, last week,” he said. “They’re trying to get a visit. I told them I could give them an unofficial. I think I could (visit).”
 12 months ago '13        #4248
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Updated: Florida State's 10 Most Wanted

Florida State currently sits at 17 commitments toward it's 2016 recruiting class. It’s estimated that the Seminoles will be able to sign somewhere between 22-25 this year -- meaning there is only a handful of spots remaining.

When creating the list three factors are taken into account; Need, Talent and Strength of mutual interest.

Noles247 takes a look at the updated 10 Most Wanted list:

====================================

1. Dontavious Jackson ILB Houston (Texas) Alief Elsik: Jackson has steadily climbed our Ten Most Wanted list this fall. He’s now in the top spot due to Devin Bush’s decision to attend Michigan. Inside linebacker is a big need and Tim Brewster has made Jackson a priority. FSU commits Levonta Taylor and Naseir Upshur and Malik Henry have also been vocal on twitter that they want him in FSU’s 2016 class.

2. Trayvon Mullen CB Pompano Beach (Fla.) Coconut Creek: This remains a two team battle at the top between FSU and LSU. Clemson and Louisville are lurking in the background. Mullen visited FSU on December 4th, Louisville on December 12th and has one more visit scheduled, which will be to LSU on January 31st. Mullen is expected to decide on Signing Day. FSU has a great shot to land him.

3. Terrell Hall DE Washington (D.C.) St. Johns: Hall makes his debut on the list all the way up in the three spot. This is due to FSU’s defensive end needs and Hall’s mutual interest after taking an official visit two weeks ago. FSU’s biggest competition will come from Alabama and Maryland.

4. Landon d!ckerson OT Hudson (N.C.) South Caldwell: FSU is looking to take at least one more offensive tackle and d!ckerson has been a top target for over six months. This is shaping up to be a FSU - Auburn battle.

5. Carlos Becker DB Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola: FSU recently showed renewed interest in Becker. He had an excellent season and added size to his lengthy frame. Becker could play either cornerback or safety in FSU’s defensive scheme. Much of his recruitment will be determined in January. Heading into the new year, FSU, N.C. State, Ole Miss and Wisconsin are the primary teams involved. Ohio State has also entered the picture, as has Miami. Expect more to make a run at him as others come off the board.

6. Keith Gavin WR Wakulla (Fla.): FSU is hoping to land a big receiver in this class. You could interchange either Nate Craig-Myers or Gavin in this spot. FSU is in the top two with each. Gavin’s recruitment will come down to either FSU or Alabama. Craig-Myers is likely an FSU - UF battle with Auburn, Ole Miss and UNC also involved.

7. Brian Burns DE Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage: FSU, UGA and UF are the schools Burns says he’ll be choosing from on Signing Day. He’s scheduled official visit to UGA and UF. FSU is expected to get one as well but as of now an exact date has not been scheduled.

8. Keion Joyner LB Havelock (N.C.): While most teams have backed off of Joyner, FSU has not. He can play inside or outside in FSU’s scheme. It’s unclear if he’ll announce at Under Armour or wait until Signing Day.

9. Jayvaughn Myers DB Pasco (Fla.): After decommitting from UF in early December, Myers has been in regular contact with FSU. He’s coming in for an official visit in January. Myers could play either corner or safety in FSU’s defensive backfield.

10. Jonathan Kongbo Arizona Western CC: The Nation’s top ranked JUCO defensive end was offered by FSU last week. Kongbo is committed to Tennessee, but has said he’s open to others. Kongbo has two visits remaining and will likely use one of them to check out FSU before Signing Day.

====================================

Also in the mix:

DT Raekwon Davis
S Brandon Burton
OT Jauan Williams
WR Nate Craig-Myers
DT Shavar Manuel
 12 months ago '13        #4249
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Hall Lists Favorites, Upcoming Visits

Washington (D.C.) St. John's College four-star weak-side defensive end Terrell Hall spoke with Rebels247, the 247Sports.com Ole Miss site, about his recruitment.

He shared his current list of favorites.

"For the most part, I feel like it's a big battle between Ole Miss, Florida State and Alabama right now," Hall said. "With Maryland trying to creep into the picture."

Hall has already taken official visits to Florida and Florida State. His current plans are to see UCLA (Jan. 15), Alabama (Jan. 22) and Ole Miss (Jan. 29) with his remaining three.

His official visit to FSU came on December 11th. He spoke about that here.

It should also be noted that FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher has already done an in-home visit with Hall. Defensive ends coach Brad Lawing has also been in regular contact with him.

Hall, an Under Armour All-American selection, says his decision will likely come on National Signing Day.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Hall as the No. 76 prospect in the nation and No. 5 weak-side defensive end.
 12 months ago '13        #4250
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Recruiting: Visit Season Is Upon Us

Noles247 takes a look at Florida State's top targets to see where they'll be during the month and when they plan to stop in Tallahassee:

4-Star CB Trayvon Mullen
FSU (December 4th)
Louisville (December 12th)
LSU (January 31st)
Decision Date: Signing Day

4-Star WR Nate Craig-Myers
UNC (September 18th)
Auburn (January 15th)
Ole Miss (January 29th)
FSU (Not scheduled, expected)

4-Star LB Dontavious Jackson
UCLA (October 2nd)
FSU (October 10th)
Michigan (November 28th)

4-Star OT Landon d!ckerson
FSU (October 10th)
Auburn (November 28th)
Alabama (January 22nd)
Decision Date: Unknown

4-Star DE Terrell Hall
UF (September 26th)
FSU (December 11th)
UCLA (January 15th)
Alabama (January 22nd)
Ole Miss (January 29th)
Decision Date:Signing Day

4-Star DT Shavar Manuel
LSU (October 17th)
UF (Not scheduled, expected)
USF (Not scheduled, expected)

4-Star DE Brian Burns
UGA (January 15th)
UF (January 23rd)

4-Star WR Keith Gavin
UGA (Possibly)
Alabama (Not scheduled, expected)
Decision Date: Sometime after official visits

4-Star DB Brandon Burton
Oklahoma (October 3rd)
FSU (October 10th)
Notre Dame (October 17th)
Ohio State (November 21)
Decision Date: Sometime in January or Signing Day

4-Star OT Jauan Williams
FSU (December 11th)
UF (January 15th)
Auburn (January 23rd)

4-Star LB Keion Joyner

4-Star DB Jayvaughn Myers
Alabama (December 11th)
Auburn (January 15th)
Ole Miss (January 29th)

3-Star DB Carlos Becker
Wisconsin (September 26th)
N.C. State (October 30th)
FSU (January 15th)
Ohio State (January 22nd)
Ole Miss (January 29th)

3-Star TE Chase Allen
Minnesota (December 4th)
FSU (Possibly)
Michigan (Possibly)
 12 months ago '13        #4251
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
California's best to announce Christmas Day

Defensive end Oluwole Betiku (Gardena, Calif./Serra) took to Twitter indicating he will make a public verbal commit Christmas Day.

I will be announcing my commitment via Twitter tomorrow, Thanks, God bless and Merry Christmas

His finalists are USC, Florida State, Notre Dame and Texas A&M.

The Crystal Ball reads 88-percent for USC, six-percent for Texas A&M and six-percent foggy.

The five-star recruit, a former UCLA commit, is ranked as the nation's No. 1 weakside defensive end and the No. 1 prospect in California in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 12 months ago '13        #4252
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Christmas comes early for FSU with early enrollees

For Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher and his football program, Christmas comes early this year with eight early enrollees expected to join the program at the start of January. Here is a quick look at the eight players who will make their way to Tallahassee in the next two weeks to start their collegiate careers:

QB Malik Henry

Henry is ranked as the No. 48 prospect in the nation and No. 4 pro-style quarterback according to the 247Sports.com Composite. He bounced around during his high school career, going from California to Florida and eventually back to California over the past two years. As a senior at Long Beach Poly he appeared in seven games. He had 1,410 yards, 16 touchdowns, and one interception on 80-of-140 (57%) passing. The FSU coaching staff has believed since the summer of 2014, when he camped with the Seminoles, that Henry was the quarterback they wanted for the future of their program. He committed in December of that year.

OT Mike Arnold

Arnold is ranked as the No. 1 prep school prospect in the nation according to the 247Sports.com Composite. Arnold committed to FSU while on an official visit in January. He played this past season at New Berlin (N.Y.) Milford Academy as he worked towards becoming a full qualifier. The former Virginia Tech signee out of Winter Haven, Fla. is now qualified and set to begin his collegiate career in January with five years to play four. The 6-foot-6, 336-pound lineman was recruited by FSU as an offensive tackle, with potential of contributing at the left tackle position.

C Andrew Boselli

Boselli is ranked as the No. 31 offensive guard in the nation according to the 247Sports.com Composite. While he is ranked as an offensive guard, he is expected to begin his FSU career working at center. The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Boselli is the oldest son of former Jacksonville Jaguar offensive tackle Tony Boselli. He is a long-time solid Seminole pledge who is looking forward to working under Rick Trickett.

DE Janarius Robinson

Robinson is ranked as the No. 59 prospect in the nation and No. 3 weak-side defensive end according to the 247Sports.com Composite. The Panama City (Fla.) Bay product was a long-time Seminole pledge who flirted with Alabama and Florida before shutting it down at the start of December and announcing he would enroll at FSU in January. The 6-foot-5.5, 260-pound defensive end possesses major potential and an extra spring under the tutelage of defensive ends coach Brad Lawing should pay major dividends.

DT Walvenski Aime

Aime is ranked as the No. 37 junior college prospect in the nation and No. 5 junior college defensive tackle by the 247Sports.com Composite. He committed to FSU upon being offered in October. Aime, who originally hails from Boca Raton, Fla., played at Fort Scott (Kansas) C.C. the past two years, but redshirted due to an injury in 2014. He has three to play three upon arriving at FSU in January. The 6-foot-5, 295-pound defensive tackle is a big-bodied defensive lineman who has the potential to add immediate depth at the position.

DT Cedric Wood

Wood is ranked as the No. 190 prospect in the nation and No. 20 defensive tackle according to the 247Sports.com Composite. The Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby standout is a long-time pledge to the Seminoles who never wavered from that pledge. The 6-foot-4, 285-plus pounder has been a regular around the FSU program for the past two years. He is a smart, hard-working defensive lineman who Odell Haggins expects to be one of his next great ones at the position.

LB Josh Brown

Brown is ranked as the No. 220 prospect in the nation and No. 15 outside linebacker according to the 247Sports.com Composite. Brown is a long-time FSU pledge, who despite visits to schools around the nation, remained firm in his pledge to FSU. As a senior, Brown was a defensive leader for his Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek squad which won a state championship. He is a versatile edge-rusher who can play with his hand in the dirt or standing up.

K Ricky Aguayo

Aguayo is ranked as the No. 9 kicker in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite. Aguayo was a long-time FSU lean who committed after camping with the Seminoles in June. He is the younger brother of current FSU kicker Roberto Aguayo. Aguayo is expected to handle kickoff and likely field goal duties at FSU going forward, as his brother is likely to declare for the NFL Draft after the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 12-25-2015 at 12:11 PM..
 11 months ago '13        #4253
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU In Top For Five For 2017 4-Star LB

Florida State is in the top five for junior four-star outside linebacker Jaden Hunter of Atlanta (Ga.) Westlake.

pic.twitter.com/YHd43H71Tp

Hunter is the younger brother of current Seminole Tyler Hunter.

Hunter has visited FSU on multiple occasions, including the past two years for summer camp.

Georgia and Alabama, each claiming 43-percent of predictions, are the leaders per the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball. LSU claims 14-percent of predictions.

Hunter is set to unveil a commitment date in the near future.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks the 6-foot-3, 218-pound linebacker as the No. 135 prospect in the nation and No. 8 outside linebacker in the 2017 class.
 11 months ago '13        #4254
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU In Top Four For 2018 4-Star DE

Florida State finds themselves in the top four for Snellville (Ga.) South Gwinnett four-star sophomore weak-side defensive end Justin Mascoll.

Top 4 no order
pic.twitter.com/u4trZ5MiLj

Clemson claims 100-percent of predictions on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball for Mascoll.

247Sports.com ranks the 6-foot-4, 210-pound defensive end as the No. 5 prospect in the nation and No. 1 weak-side defensive end in the 2018 class.
 11 months ago '13        #4255
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Brandon Burton To Announce Decision Next Week

Gardena (CA) Junipero Serra four-star safety Brandon Burton announced on Twitter that he’ll be making his final decision at the Under Armour Game next week.

I'll be making a decision January 2nd #JustWaitOnIt

The top teams in Burton’s recruitment include: Florida State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, UCLA and Stanford.

Burton has taken visits to Oklahoma (October 3rd), FSU (October 10th), Notre Dame (October 17th) and Ohio State (November 21st).

Burton is a four-star prospect, the No.6 ranked safety in the country and the 137th best player overall, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.
 11 months ago '13        #4256
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Overview: FSU Commits, Targets In All-Star Action

Here is a look at the schedule and rosters for Florida State commitments and targets in the three big all-star events:

Under Armour All-America Game
Saturday, Jan. 2, 2016 - Noon
Orlando, Fla. - Citrus Bowl
TV: ESPN

FSU Commits:
QB Malik Henry (Team Highlight)
TE Naseir Upshur (Team Highlight)
C Baveon Johnson (Team Highlight)
CB Levonta Taylor (Team Highlight)
K Logan Tyler (Team Armour)
K Ricky Aguayo (Team Highlight)

FSU Targets:
WR Nate Craig-Myers (Team Armour)
WR Keith Gavin (Team Highlight)
OT Landon d!ckerson (Team Armour)
OT Jauan Williams (Team Highlight)
DE Terrell Hall (Team Armour)
DT Shavar Manuel (Team Armour)
LB Keion Joyner (Team Armour)
LB Dontavious Jackson (Team Highlight)
CB Carlos Becker (Team Highlight)
DB Jayvaughn Myers (Team Armour)
S Brandon Burton (Team Highlight)

Schedule of events:
Player arrival - Dec. 28th
Practice - Dec. 29th to Jan. 1st
Skills Challenge - Dec. 31st
Future 50 Underclassmen Camp - Jan. 1st

U.S. Army All-America Bowl
Saturday, Jan. 9, 2016 - Noon
San Antonio, Texas - Alamodome
TV: NBC

FSU Commits:
OL Josh Ball (East)
DE Janarius Robinson (East)
LB Josh Brown (East)
S Jamel Cook (East)

FSU Targets:
OL Matt Farniok (East)
DE Brian Burns (East)
DT Raekwon Davis (West)
CB Trayvon Mullen (East)

Schedule of events:
Player arrival - Jan. 3rd
Practice - Jan. 4th to Jan. 5th, Jan. 7th
U.S. Army Nat'l Combine - Jan. 8th

Semper Fidelis All-America Game
Sunday, Jan. 3, 2016 - 9 p.m.
Carson, Cali. - StubHub Center
TV: Fox Sports 1

FSU Commits:
RB Amir Rasul (East squad)

Schedule of events:
Player arrival - Dec. 29th
Practice - Dec. 30th to Jan. 2nd

Noles247.com and 247Sports.com will have on-site coverage of all three all-star events. Stay tuned for coverage including interviews, updates, photos and more.
 11 months ago '13        #4257
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Golson Not With FSU For Peach Bowl

Tom D'Angelo of the Palm Beach Post broke the news on Saturday afternoon that Florida State graduate transfer quarterback Everett Golson did not travel with the team to Atlanta for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl against Houston.

Golson's FSU career is over.

Head coach Jimbo Fisher confirmed the report with D'Angelo. Fisher stated that Golson's 'home on a personal issue'. Golson was absent from FSU practices before the team took a break for Christmas - at that time Fisher said he was absent due to the death of his grandmother.

Golson came to FSU over the summer from Notre Dame as a graduate transfer with immediate eligibility. He officially enrolled in August and immediately joined the team for preseason practice.

During his Notre Dame career, Golson started for the Irish during the 2012 and 2014 seasons. He missed 2013 as he was not enrolled at Notre Dame due to poor academic judgement that resulted in a suspension.

With the f!ghting Irish, Golson amassed 5,850 passing yards, 41 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. He also had 14 rushing touchdowns during his time with Notre Dame.

During fall camp, he beat out redshirt junior quarterback Sean Maguire for the starting job with the Seminoles.

Golson started the first seven games of the season.

Golson suffered an injury against Georgia Tech that resulted in Maguire replacing him for the next game against Syracuse. A decision announced just prior to kickoff against the Orange.

Maguire also started against Clemson the following week, leading to the belief that a change had been made at quarterback but then Fisher opted to go back to Golson as the starter against N.C. State. Golson's play against the Wolfpack, where the graduate transfer committed three turnovers in a little more than a quarter, led to him being benched in-game and replaced by Maguire. That would mark his final start as a Seminole.

He did make an appearance against Chattanooga the next week, which marks the final time he took the field for action as a Seminole.

In total, he appeared in nine games, starting eight. He finished the season 147-for-219 (67.1%) passing with 1,778 yards through the air. He had 11 passing touchdowns and three interceptions.

With Golson absent, FSU will have a pair of scholarship back-up quarterbacks available against Houston in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl - freshman Deondre Francois, who is currently a redshirt candidate, and redshirt freshman JJ Cosentino. Cosentino has appeared in two games attempting six total passes. He has four completions for 22 yards.
 11 months ago '13        #4258
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU Visit Still In Davis' Plans?

Florida State has two defensive tackles set to enroll in a little over a week.

Despite those two newcomers to the middle of the defensive line, FSU remains in pursuit of one of the nation's best defensive tackles - Meridian (Miss.) four-star defensive tackle Raekwon Davis.

Davis, an Alabama commitment, unofficially visited FSU at the beginning of the 2015 football season.

FSU recruiting coordinator Tim Brewster, who handles prospects in Mississippi, has remained involved with Davis' throughout the past several months. He visited him during the recent contact period.

Now FSU hopes to get Davis back at FSU for an official visit. Davis confirmed to Noles247.com on Saturday that he does still intend to officially visit FSU in January, but has yet to set a date.

Other schools in the running with the Crimson Tide pledge include Mississippi State and Ole Miss.

It should also be noted that the 6-foot-7, 315-pound defensive lineman may end up being a sign-and-place at the end of his high school career.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Davis as the No. 87 prospect in the nation and No. 12 defensive tackle.
 11 months ago '13        #4259
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Kongbo Sets Official Visit To...

After spending a few days in the high northern part of British Columbia with no phone service, Jonathan Kongbo updated Realdawg.com this weekend about a new visit date...

Kongbo, who's the top juco prospect in the country according to 247 Composite, was on his way to go see the new "Star Wars" movie when he reached out to catch up.

"I have my official visit date set now for Washington", Kongbo reported, "It's going to be the 22nd of January."

This will be the second time that Kongbo will have been on the Washington campus, with his last visit (unofficial) being this past month on the 12th. It will also be his 4th visit, and he's still undecided on a 5th.

"I'm not going to make a decision on who will get that visit until all the coaches have come seen me", he explained, "I'll be back in school by then and all the schools I'm looking at right now are going to come out and see me."

Kongbo said he's been getting it from all angles ever since we reported last week that he was having to make the decision about that 5th visit. Some schools have applied a lot of pressure, "I'm just going to have to tell these schools, straight up as a man, that when I make that decision they're going to have to accept that. I'm not going to lead anyone on."

As of today, Kongbo said Florida State might be in line for that visit now too, but those who talked to him in the last couple of days about it are Oregon, Alabama, and South Carolina. So it appears to be one of those four who could get that visit,"I'm feeling Florida State right now", he said.

So to date, Kongbo has visited Auburn, Tennessee, and Ole Miss. With the Huskies' unofficial visit having already taken place, and the official taking place in late January.

One thing Kongbo doesn't want right now is pressure -- he's enjoyed the process but, "It's been getting really crazy lately and I don't want to feel that I have to make that decision (about the 5th visit) to every coach who comes in."

Fortunately, for the Huskies, they have their date locked in now.
 11 months ago '13        #4260
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Under Armour Game: What We Want To See

It’s that time of year again, the annual Under Armour All-America Game is here. Check-in begins on Monday, the first practice will be held on Tuesday and run through the week. The game itself will be held on Saturday, January 2nd, in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl.

Florida State will be well represented once again. Six commitments will participate in the game (Malik Henry, Naseir Upshur, Baveon Johnson, Levonta Taylor, Logan Tyler, Ricky Aguayo) and close to a dozen targets.

Full UA Roster

Noles247 will be on-hand the entire week reporting on all the action and insider scoop. Here’s a rundown of what we’re looking forward to seeing during the week of Under Armour:

All Eyes On Malik: He doesn’t have anything to prove to the Florida State staff, but after sliding from the No.1 spot, Malik Henry will be looking to prove that he deserves to be in the conversation of top arms in the 2016 class. Henry shined the last time he competed in a national even like this, he thrives off playing on the big stage. He finished second to quarterback Shea Patterson at the Elite 11/The Opening camp in Oregon. Henry will link back up with some of the receivers he had at the Elite 11, expect him to come out focused and ready to perform.

A Keion Joyner Sighting?: The enigma of the 2016 class has to be Keion Joyner. Little is known about his recruitment or even how good of a prospect he is. After planning several trips, Joyner did not take any visits this fall. Joyner parted ways with his high school team halfway through a rather disappointing senior season. At one point Joyner was considered one of the top linebackers in the country, now it’s unclear how many teams are still actively recruiting him.

We hope to answer some of these questions during the week at Under Armour.

The Levonta Taylor Show: Just sit back and enjoy one of the most explosive players in the country. Taylor will give FSU fans something to be proud of when they tune into the game on ESPN next week. Whether it’s making a big hit, creating turnovers or returning punts and kicks, Taylor presence will be felt in the Under Armour Game.

He’s an elite cornerback and isn’t shy to let others know who the best is. This will create for some epic battles between Taylor and some of the best wide receivers in the country throughout the week of practice at Under Armour. We’ll provide play-by-play and highlights from practice.

No.1 vs. No.1 Baveon Johnson might not be the highest ranked commitment in FSU’s 2016 recruiting class, but he is one of the most important. Johnson is the countries top rated center. He’ll have his hands full as Rashan Gary, the No.1 defensive tackle in the country, will be lining up against him all week. Gary and Johnson are on the same team so we won’t get to see them face each other during the game, but we will get to see them go at it all week during practice. Should be fun.

FSU Recruits Recruiting: Florida State’s six commitments will be not only be competing against some of the best players in the country this week, they’ll also be recruiting them to come to FSU. The week of Under Armour is more than just a showcase, recruitments can change based on relationships that are built with their all-star teammates.

Malik Henry has gone on record as saying he thinks FSU will land Nate Craig-Myers, Keith Gavin and Brandon Burton. Well, all those players are going to be in Orlando and you can bet Henry will be in their ear about the ‘Noles.

Levonta Taylor and Naseir Upshur have also been vocal. Their main target has been inside linebacker Dontavious Jackson out of Texas. Jackson is playing on Team Highlight along side Upshur and Taylor. This is something we’ll keep an eye on all week.

OT Targets On Display: Florida State’s offensive line class is exceptional this year. Yet the work is not done. FSU is looking to sign at least one more offensive tackle in this class and their top remaining targets will be in Orlando this week. Landon d!ckerson and Jauan Williams would both be excellent signings and if FSU could get both, they’ll find a way to fit them in. Seeing both on the field this week will give FSU fans something to remember on Signing Day when they make their decisions.

Special Teams U: Florida State has had an unprecedented run of sending kickers to the NFL over the past six or seven years. This trend looks like it’ll continue based on the fact that both kickers in this year’s Under Armour Game are committed to FSU. Logan Tyler will be kicking for Team Armour while Ricky Aguayo will be the kicker on Team Highlight.

Breakout Player: Every year there are a few players that go from under-the-radar to big-time players after a week at Under Armour. This year there’s two FSU targets that could raise their stock this week - Jayvaughn Myers and Carlos Becker. Both players have quietly had excellent senior seasons, but are still over looked when it comes to the conversation about the best defensive backs in the country.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
155 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
116 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fabolous:I Never Wanted To Smash Kimbella (Juelz Santana Baby Moms), Sh..
36 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
91 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
92 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
64 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
33 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wasabi thot
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy