Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (1 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

12 months ago '08        #4221
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
Wonder if Jimbo is getting ready to shift into not using a fullback going forward. Hasn't really recruited a big back or an athletic kid to flip like he has in the past and the sudden offers and recruitment of other TE's has me thinking he's about to use more 2 TE sets in the near future.
 12 months ago '13        #4222
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 317 317
FSU offers nation's Top JUCO prospect

Florida State has offered Yuma (Ariz.) Arizona Western four-star strong-side defensive end Jonathan Kongbo.

The 6-foot-5.5, 264-pound defender is ranked as the nation's top junior college prospect by 247Sports.com. He is currently committed to Tennessee.
 12 months ago '13        #4223
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU offers top JUCO DE

A new Florida State offer went out today and it's a big one.

Blessed and excited to receive an offer from Florida State University!! #NOLES #FSU pic.twitter.com/cRDPbTnx5u

FSU is the latest program to offer Arizona Western CC defensive end Jonathan Kongbo. He's a 6-foot-5.5, 265-pound pass rusher, who is currently committed to Tennessee. FSU is looking to sign two more defensive ends to their 2016 recruiting class.
 12 months ago '13        #4224
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Michigan hits on major target in Bush, aims to finish big week

Perhaps just the beginning of a great week for the Wolverines.

Michigan passed Stanford and moved into the top-five of the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings on Wednesday afternoon when Hollywood (Fla.) Flanagan Top247 linebacker Devin Bush Jr. officially joined the Wolverines recruiting class.

Before Michigan fans turn their attention to Thursday’s big announcement regarding the nation’s top-ranked running back Kareem Walker, let’s zero in on Bush.

After sources indicated Bush was a strong lean back in June, I put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Michigan landing the Sunshine State talent, but Florida State certainly made it interesting down the stretch.

Obviously the Wolverines were up to the challenge and were able to hang on.

One of Chris Partridge’s first stops on the recruiting trail after taking over as the linebackers coach when D.J. Durkin left to be the head coach at Maryland was a flight down to Florida to see Bush. Auburn was also pushing for Bush at the end, but it’s apparent the young Partridge is already game and prepared to compete with the Southeast schools for Southeast talent. It's not easy for Midwest powers to go into the Southeast and beat the SEC and Florida State for talent they want. Big recruiting effort by Jim Harbaugh and his staff.

The 5-foot-11, 226-pound Bush’s father played at Florida State. The game is in his blood. Ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the nation’s No. 11 inside linebacker, the Wolverines are landing a twitchy, explosive player that has a great intensity about him.

Bush is also a winner, helping lead his team to a state championship earlier this month.

Commit No. 22 for Michigan in the 2016 cycle, Bush joins two of his teammates that are also headed to Ann Arbor in Devin Gil and Josh Metellus.

Linebacker was a big need for Michigan in this cycle and one of their top target was Bush, and they recruited him harder than any other school from start to finish.

Now the Wolverines look to beat Florida State for another big-time target in Walker, with Arizona State aiming to play spoiler to both.

My 247Sports Crystal Ball is Michigan for the No. 38 recruit in the country. Partridge has taken over as the lead recruiter for him as well and Tyrone Wheatley has been very involved. My gut still says the Wolverines but as of Wednesday afternoon I haven’t heard this is a done deal. He could very end up in Tallahassee or Tempe.

A game-breaker at running back is also a remaining need for the Wolverines and Walker fits that bill as a home-run threat that also has toughness between the tackles.

If Michigan hits on Walker, they’ll pass Alabama and the Seminoles for 247Sports’s No. 3 ranked recruiting class in the country.

Yep, perhaps the beginning to a great week for the Wolverines.
 12 months ago '13        #4225
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Devin Bush Jr. is a Michigan Wolverine

In a nearly year-long pursuit that included holding off legacy program Florida State, four-star linebacker Devin Bush Jr. committed to Michigan on Wednesday at a ceremony at Flanagan High School, choosing the Wolverines over the aforementioned Seminoles and Auburn Tigers.

Bush Jr. will enroll early in Ann Arbor within the next three weeks and will eventually be joined by high school teammates Josh Metellus (defensive back) and Devin Gil (DB/linebacker), who have both been committed to the Wolverines for months.

The four-star prospect fills a major need at the linebacker position, as the Wolverines graduate three starters at the position and only return one (Ben Gedeon) with extensive experience on the playing field. An athletic player that could best be described as a leader, Bush Jr. will have a legitimate chance to see the field in his first season for the Wolverines.

Interim linebackers coach Chris Partridge gets the nod as the primary recruiter for Bush Jr., playing a major role in closing things out after former defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin left Ann Arbor for the head coaching position at Maryland. With Bush Jr.'s commitment, Michigan leapfrogs Stanford for the #5 recruiting class in the country with the nation's top running back set to possibly choose the Wolverines tomorrow in Kareem Walker.
 12 months ago '13        #4226
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Instant Analysis: Devin Bush Jr

Michigan picked up a commitment from 2016 three-star linebacker Devin Bush Jr. on Wednesday.

He’s what coaches see in his game.

Bush Jr. is a instinctive linebacker. That’s one of the biggest strengths he has. His Dad played a long time in the NFL and was a first round pick. Bush Jr. knows how to read formations and understands how to diagnose action and the right steps to take. He’s a smart player. Bush has excellent strength and really brings physicality upon contact. Excellent tackler. Bush Jr.’s technique and ability to shed blocks and scrape to the ball carrier are very good. He doesn’t have a great body or length compared to the elite linebackers in this class but he makes up for it with physicality and desire to get to the ball as well as his instincts. He plays extremely hard and gritty.

Bush Jr. is a disciplined linebacker that can also play in space because he plays under control and won’t miss tackles. There’s more elite linebackers than Bush from an upside perspective, as he isn’t the quickest or most sudden when it comes to explosiveness in his first step or getting around traffic but he’s got fluid athleticism in his hips to drop into coverage or cover the running back out of the backfield. He will upgrade a position of need right away at Michigan. There's a lot to like about his game and we feel like he may not have the talent to be a first round draft pick, but will be a very solid player at the next level for several years.
 12 months ago '13        #4227
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Buckeye safety target says Ohio State interest remains high

Gardena (Calif.) Serra safety Brandon Burton was in Columbus for his Ohio State official visit the weekend the Buckeyes played Michigan State. While the game didn’t turn out like Ohio State fans had hoped it would, afterwards Burton said he had a great visit and was highly considering OSU.

Burton had begun to develop a good relationship with Ohio State defensive coordinator Chris Ash and liked the opportunity for playing time quickly if he were to be a Buckeye.

However, Ash is headed to Rutgers to be their head coach.

“I don’t really have a lot of thoughts on it,” Burton said. “He has to do what is best for himself and his family.”

Urban Meyer has hired Greg Schiano as his new defensive coordinator and safeties coach, and Burton is looking forward to talking to him and see what Schiano has in mind.

“I haven’t talked to him yet, but I still have a lot of interest in Ohio State,” Burton said. “I’m just going to see what happens – let it play out. I want to see what happens with Ohio State.”

Burton and Schiano are expected to talk in the next day or so.

Burton has made official visits to Oklahoma, Florida State, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

“My last one will be either Stanford or UCLA,” Burton said.

“I’ll take my fifth one,” Burton said. “I’m not sure who – UCLA, Stanford or Arizona.”

The 6-foot-2 and 195-pound Burton is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 137 overall prospect, the No. 6 safety, and the No. 21 prospect in California.
 12 months ago '13        #4228
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
What's Next For Florida State At Linebacker?

Florida State missed out on 3-star linebacker Devin Bush Jr. So what's next for Florida State at the position.

Florida State lost out on 3-star linebacker Devin Bush Jr., who spurned the Seminoles for Michigan. The Seminoles only have one linebacker currently committed in 3-star Emmett Rice. Florida State needs at least three linebackers in this cycle, and would like to land four. So who do the Seminoles turn to now?
One answer is a recruit that is already on the commitment list. 3-star hybrid Josh Brown is mobile enough to play inside for the Seminoles, and has really improved in coverage this season. He is an early enrollee so the Seminoles will have an idea of where he'll fit in early.

Florida State is also in the mix for 4-star linebackers Keion Joyner and Dontavious Jackson. Joyner has had Florida State on the top of his list for most of the recruiting cycle, and the Seminoles are in good position to land him. Jackson visited Florida State for the Miami game, and thoroughly enjoyed his visit. The Seminoles will be in it for Jackson until the end.
The Seminoles can also turn to 3-star linebacker Jonathan Jones, who has been communicating with the Seminoles for the last couple months. Florida State has not yet offered, but that offer could come soon.
While Florida State wanted to land Bush Jr., they have plenty of options at linebacker.
 12 months ago '13        #4229
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-star JUCO Defensive Tackle Walvenski Aime Signs With Florida State

Florida State defensive tackle commitment Walvenski Aime has signed with Florida State.

Fort Scott Community College 4-star defensive tackle Walvenski Aime has signed with Florida State. Aime is originally from Boca Raton, Florida.

Olympic Heights grad, Fort Scott DT Walvenski Aime (@walvenskiaime) signs with #FSU. #Noles pic.twitter.com/jg1iQLe8co
— Wells Dusenbury (@DuseReport1063) December 16, 2015
 12 months ago '13        #4230
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Wonder if Jimbo is getting ready to shift into not using a fullback going forward. Hasn't really recruited a big back or an athletic kid to flip like he has in the past and the sudden offers and recruitment of other TE's has me thinking he's about to use more 2 TE sets in the near future.
We are gonna use a lot of 2 TE sets going forward but we will also utilize the FB a lot as well. That's why we are recruiting Devin White as our big back/FB/just in case LB (other position he plays in HS). But the plan is to move Vickers to FB in the Freddie Stevenson role.
 12 months ago '13        #4231
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Florida State offers 5-star Ohio State commitment

Florida State extended a new offer today to Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian 2017 five-star cornerback Shaun Wade.

Wade, a 6-foot-2, 185-pound defensive back is committed to Ohio State. He's the No.3 ranked cornerback in the 2017 class and the 12th best player overall, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings. FSU will get help in recruiting Wade from current 2017 commitment DJ Matthews. Matthews and Wade are good friends and Matthews could be the key to flipping him.
 12 months ago '13        #4232
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Fisher Personally Extends Offer To No.1 JUCO DE

Florida State reached out and offered the Nation’s top ranked JUCO defensive end Jonathan Kongbo from Arizona Western CC. The offer came straight from FSU’s head man.

“They (FSU) followed me on Twitter and told me to give them a call. I called the number they sent and it was Jimbo Fisher,” Kongbo told Noles247.

“I thought it was real cool cause you see coach on TV all the time and then all of a sudden he’s talking to me on the phone. That was real cool. He said he watched my tape and loves it. He said they have a need and I would fit well at Florida State.”

Kongbo made a commitment to Tennessee on November 29th. He says he will continue to look at his options as new offers come in.

“It’s definitely a nice offer and maybe a school I want to visit. I have two visits left and I’m looking at Alabama, Oregon, Washington and now Florida State. That would kinda be my top four of who I want to see.”

Hailing from Canada, Kongbo only started playing football during his senior year of high school. He signed with Wyoming after high school but left after his redshirt freshman year and started over at Arizona Western. He’s now a 6-foot-5.5, 265-pound pass rusher and has three years to play three.

“I’m going to sign on Signing Day and that’s when I’ll make my final decision. I’m looking for a good academic school, a place that will help me develop as a football player and a person.”
 12 months ago '13        #4233
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Kareem Walker Commits to Michigan

After days of tough deliberations Kareem Walker announced commitment to the University of Michigan.

Last year Ohio State scooped up former Michigan running back commitment Mike Weber and added him to its 2015 haul.
Moments ago Michigan returned the favor when it landed five-star Wayne (N.J.) DePaul Catholic standout and former Ohio State pledge Kareem Walker.

"Michigan is going to be one of the top schools next year,” Walker told scout.com. I feel like a few more years with (coach) Jim Harbaugh, they're going to be one of those big schools.”
One of the major Wolverines’ major selling points was opportunity.
“(Playing right away) is definitely what they were pitching to me,” Walker said. “I’d need to come in and work my tail off and there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be starting, or I that shouldn’t be in the rotation as one of the backs teams are game-planning against. I definitely should playing.”
At the same time, the Michigan coaching staff also made it clear to Walker that they wouldn’t ask him to carry the burden of the entire rushing game on his shoulders.
“Them using multiple backs really isn’t a problem for me,” he said. “Even in high school I didn’t become the main running back until my junior year. That was because another running back was hurt. This year I spilt time with another running back, but I’m the main running back. So as far as (Michigan) and how they use their backs… that’s not really (a problem) to me because that how I’ve been brought up.”

“I think a team needs other running backs to come and get 10 yards to move the chains when you need a breather. I just think it’s harder to prepare for a team or a running back when it’s not just you they’ve got to worry about (because) the second string can come in and do good things too.”
Michigan director of Player Development, recruiting, and linebackers coach for the bowl game Chris Partridge was again instrumental in getting Michigan piped in with one of his home state’s top targets. From there the point-man in stating the Wolverines’ case was Michigan running backs coach Tyrone Wheatley. It didn’t taken the former Wolverine great long to build a strong rapport with his would-be protégé.
“Awww man… Coach Wheatley is a real good dude,” Walker. “He is real. He is definitely going to keep it real with you, whether it’s positive or negative. So I really like Coach Wheatley.”
That quick bond with Wheatley was complemented by the one he has had for far longer with his host during his official visit earlier this fall, Michigan redshirt freshman defensive back Jabrill Peppers.
“(The time with Peppers) was real good,” said Walker. “I hadn’t seen him in a long time. The last time he came home I didn’t get to see him. I was away. But it was good being with Jabrill. He had some (sage) words for me.”
“I really like (Michigan’s) coaching staff. I really like what they’ve got going on. I see what they (have) planned for me in the future. “
Stay tuned for more on this breaking news story in the hours to come.
 12 months ago '15        #4234
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,672 | Props total: 1018 1018
I don't care bout Walker. I really want that kid from LA, Devin White. White gon be a mf problem.
 12 months ago '13        #4235
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Elite WR Craig-Myers still thinking about Ohio State official

Back at the end of November Ohio State a.ssistant coach Tony Alford stopped at Tampa (Fla.) Catholic to see wide receiver Nate Craig-Myers. Afterwards Tampa Catholic coach Mike Gregory said his star receiver was contemplating an official visit to Ohio State.

Since then Craig-Myers has scheduled two official visits, one to Auburn Jan. 15 and the other to Ole Miss Jan. 29. Craig Myers has already made an official visit to North Carolina so the Buckeyes are hoping to get one of Craig-Myers’ last two trips.

“I don’t believe he has decided on an Ohio State visit,” Gregory said. “If he does I think it will be a January week day visit. I think he will talk things over with his family after finals this week and decide on his other two visits.”

Gregory said in addition to Ohio State, the other schools battling for Craig-Myers’ last two visits are Alabama, Miami, Florida and Florida State.

“I think he’ll take all five officials,” Gregory said.

Florida, Florida State and Auburn lead North Carolina and Ohio State in the Crystal Ball.

The 6-foot-2 and 205-pound Craig-Myers is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 33 overall prospect, the No. 3 wide receiver and the No. 6 prospect in Florida.
 12 months ago '13        #4236
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU offers 2019 Peach State standout

Florida State is the latest offer for Marietta (Ga.) Walton freshman athlete Dominick Blaylock.

NEW OFFER! 2019 ATH/WR @blaylock (6' 0" 175) thankful @FSU_Football offered! #ACC pic.twitter.com/e1FvwsSWIR

The Seminoles join Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee and others in offering the 6-foot, 162-pound standout.

Blaylock is the son of former NBA standout Mookie Blaylock.

He could potentially play on either side of the ball.
 12 months ago '13        #4237
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Brother's praise: Roberto thinks highly of Ricky

Florida State has had a string of successful kickers the past few years, from Graham Gano to Dustin Hopkins to Roberto Aguayo.

Aguayo graduated last week and said he will make a decision on his 2016 plans after the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. But it's possible that FSU's kicker next season could be his brother, Ricky.

Roberto Aguayo was asked this week how Ricky compares to him when they were both on the high school level.

"I think he’s a little bit better than me accuracy-wise," Roberto Aguayo said. "I wasn’t as accurate as I am now (as) in high school. I just had a big leg. There was one time where I didn’t see him for 4-6 months kick, and it was a drastic improvement. I was just like, ‘Man, this is a big difference.’ …

"He’s 6-2, 200. He’s getting bigger. He’s only going to get stronger. I remember when I came in, I was at 18 percent body fat. And now I’m at 10.5, 11. He’s going to build that muscle mass and get stronger."

Ricky Aguayo made 3 of 5 field-goal attempts in 2015 as a senior at Bradenton's IMG Academy and will enroll early at FSU in January. He had 57 kickoffs averaging 64.4 yards with 35 touchbacks.

Roberto Aguayo did not enroll early at FSU but he did have the benefit of a redshirt year in 2012 where he could practice alongside and learn from Hopkins. He feels that enrolling early, which his younger brother intends to do, is similar in ways to a condensed redshirt season.

"Just get used to the lifestyle, the preparations," Roberto Aguayo said. "It’s not like coming in the summer, you’re still adapting to how to prioritize things with school. You already have a semester of school. … I think it’s great for anyone that enrolls early."

FSU also has a verbal commitment from kicker Logan Tyler of Nixa, Missouri.
 12 months ago '13        #4238
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Fisher pleased to welcome latest EE

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said junior college transfer Walvenski Aime will bring experience and athleticism in 2016.

Aime is a 6-foot-5, 285-pound standout who played at Fort Scott (Kansas) Community College in 2015 and graduated from Boca Raton Olympic Heights. He signed with FSU on Wednesday, the first day that mid-year enrollees from the junior college ranks could sign. He will arrive at FSU in January.

"Extremely proud of him," Fisher said on Friday. "Big, physical guy. Can run. You get him in a semester early. That's like having a redshirt year. We need the body, we need the experience, we need the athleticism."

Fisher confirmed that Aime, a 247Sports Composite three-star, will have three years to play at FSU. He missed the 2014 season due to injury before playing a year at Fort Scott this fall. Aime had 41 tackles, five TFLs and two sacks in 2015.

And he will now get a jump on learning FSU's system by enrolling in January and competing in spring practice. Fisher underscored that there are a number of advantages to enrolling early.

"Getting used to what college football is like," Fisher said. "Practice. You get the adjustments of going to school. What it's like to manage school and college football. a.ssignments in games. Familiarity with the system.

"Plus the educational part. You get an extra semester, which gets you closer to graduation."
 12 months ago '13        #4239
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
State Championship Caps Naseir Upshur's HS Career

Florida State four-star tight end commitment Naseir Upshur wrapped up his high school career on Friday evening as his team, Imhotep Charter, defeated Erie Cathedral Prep 40-3 to win the PIAA Class AAA State Championship Game.

Imhotep with a 15-0 record and become the first Public League squad to earn statewide glory on the gridiron.

Upshur played on both sides of the ball in the state championship, serving primarily as a blocker on offense and helping to pressure the quarterback on defense.

Upshur, who has yet to schedule his FSU official visit, may take a few visits in January, but considers himself solid to the Seminoles.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks him as the No. 139 prospect in the nation and No. 4 tight end.
 12 months ago '13        #4240
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Milk Bone said:
I don't care bout Walker. I really want that kid from LA, Devin White. White gon be a mf problem.
White is a beast but I don't see him coming to FSU. I think he's staying in the SEC at either the home school LSU or Arkansas.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago