Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (1 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

12 months ago '13        #4201
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 318 318
Florida State AD: 'Jimbo Fisher had no contact with LSU'

Speaking during Monday's Chick-fil-A Bowl presser, Florida State athletic director Stan Wilcox wanted to make it clear that Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher did not have contact with LSU during the week leading up to the Tigers' season-finale, which many thought would be the final game for Les Miles.

Fisher was reportedly LSU's top candidate should Miles get the ax, but it never came to fruition after Tigers athletic director Joe Alleva and boosters decided to keep Miles once they learned how much it would cost to grab the guy they wanted — an estimated $30 million according to a report from The Baton Rouge Advocate.

Wilcox says there was never a connection between Fisher and LSU's administration, despite various reports.

“During this time of year, particularly after a great season and when there’s major coaching changes across the country, you’re going to have those rumors," Wilcox said, according to The Tallahassee Democrat. "And you’re going to have people behind the scenes, as I would call them, trying to test the waters to see whether or not they might be able to entice a coach that’s successful to come to their school and hopefully replicate the same thing.

“It’s not a surprise and it’s not uncommon. It’s only going to continue as the years go on.”

In six seasons at Florida State, Fisher is 68-13 with three ACC Championships and a BCS National Championship.

“He’s built a great program here,” Wilcox said, referencing Fisher. “We’ve provided all the tools he needs to be successful and win a national championship here. If you want to win a national championship, this is one of the best schools to be at to do it. As long as we continue to do that, it’s going to be hard for any school to come out and entice somebody.

“There are schools that can pay, and have larger, deeper pockets — as I say — than we do, and can pay much more than we can. And that’s what drives that market up. We’re just hopeful by continuing to keep the lines of communication open with Jimbo that we can continue to keep him here, and he continues to love FSU.”
 12 months ago '13        #4202
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Aime Set To Sign With Seminoles

Wednesday marks the first day that midyear junior college transfers can sign a national letter-of-intent with their future schools.

Fort Scott (Kansas) C.C. three-star defensive tackle Walvenski Aime is expected to sign with the Seminoles at that time.

Aime committed to FSU upon being offered in early October. He has been firm since making that commitment, recently taking his official visit the weekend of November 20th. He spoke about that visit here.

The former Boca Raton (Fla.) Olympic Heights product is set to enroll in January. He will be one of at least eight enrollees for FSU at that time.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Aime as the No. 74 junior college prospect in the nation and No. 10 defensive tackle.
 12 months ago '13        #4203
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: 'They are my top choice'

Offensive tackle Jauan Williams (Washington, D.C./Archbishop Carroll) said Florida State has moved to the top following his weekend official visit.

"They are very high and my top choice," Williams said. "I'm keeping my options open but they have an edge now. I'm very comfortable with them. It's a great place to be."

It was Williams first official visit.

He said his next official visit could go to Florida January 15.

"Or maybe to Oklahoma or Nebraska," Williams said. "I'm not sure yet. I'll set those up after the Under Armour Game."

Williams still plans to announce his college choice following his official visits on National Signing Day.

The Crystal Ball reads 50-percent for Alabama, 42-percent for Maryland and eight-percent for Ohio State.

Williams said he's being recruited 'very hard' by Oklahoma, Florida State, LSU, Florida and Maryland.

Terrapins defensive backs coach Aazaar Abdul-Rahim is making a push.

"He used to coach in D.C. and he's back and wants me to come back and stay there," Williams said.

Alabama led early in the process.

"I still love them but they aren't pushing as much," Williams said. "They might be filled up or have their guys."

Williams arrived in Tallahassee, Florida with his mother Friday.

"I loved it," Williams said. "It was great. Just hanging out with the players and coaches."

He met with Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher before exiting Sunday along with offensive line coach Rick Trickett.

"They told me FSU is like no other place," Williams said. "They show me love. They said they can feed me as much as I want. They support you and will do their best to get you to the next level."

His favorite part was hanging with the players.

"Having dinner with them," Williams said. "The difference you can see when the coaches aren't around the players. Everything coach Trickett told me was true. I really like the academic advisors. I feel they have one of the best academic programs. It's organized and well-planned."

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 16 offensive tackle and the No. 2 prospect in Washington, D.C. in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 12 months ago '13        #4204
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-star Offensive Tackle Jauan Williams Raves About Florida State Official

Top Florida State offensive line target Jauan Williams raved about his visit to Tallahassee.

Washington (D.C) Archbishop Carrol 4-star offensive tackle Jauan Williams is one of the most coveted offensive linemen in the country. He currently holds more than 15 Power-5 programs. Williams took an official visit to Florida State this past weekend, and raved about his experience.
"Dang, there's a lot," Williams said. "The players, the coaches, the food, the treatment, the atmosphere, the campus, the staff, everything. I love the whole Tallahassee atmosphere."

The thing that stood out to Williams the most was Florida State's academic plan.
"I loved the academics," Williams said. "It was just so planned out and well done. I think it's one of the top academic schools in the country."
Florida State went above and beyond to lay out the academic plan for Williams and his mother.
"The advisors, and the schedules," Williams said. "You know how they have away games? The whole staff would go with laptops and books. If a player left a laptop cord or a book they would talk to the staff who brings everything they need with them. They tutot them and get done everything they need for classes. It's just so well planned out and organized. It's super hard for you to fail. If you fail, you do it on your own. There's no reason you should fail. All of the linemen got academic awards for having 3.0 GPAs or higher."
In addition to the academic support staff, Williams was about to talk with most of the Florida State coaches including offensive line coach Rick Trickett and head coach Jimbo Fisher. Williams hit it off with coach Trickett on his visit for the Jimbo Fisher Camp in July. They hit it off again on the visit.
"He said it's going to be tough," Williams said. "It's going to be hard. He said I had what it takes to be an NFL draft pick and stuff like that. He said he's going to get me to where I need to be. They got love for me. It was a lot."
In addition to talking with Williams, coach Trickett also ran him through some of the protections that they run at Florida State.
"He also taught me all the positions on the O-line," Williams said. "Even though I wasn't enrolled in the school he taught me plays and stuff like that. He taught me what certain calls mean and stuff like that."
The 6-foot-6 1/2, 300-pound offensive tackle was hosted by All-ACC offensive tackle Roderick Johnson, and the two hit it off.
"Big Rod Johnson was my host," Williams said. "Me and him are just alike. It seemed like he was my long lost brother."
Williams doesn't have any other visits planned at this point, and he won't be deciding until signing day in February. In addition to Florida State, Oklahoma, Maryland, LSU, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Alabama are in the mix for the talented 4-star offensive lineman.
 12 months ago '13        #4205
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU among early Top 8 for 2017 4-star WDE

Florida State checks in among a top eight, in no order, for Forsyth (Ga.) Mary Persons four-star junior weak-side defensive end Malik Herring.

Top schools (NO ORDER) pic.twitter.com/S2tZ1CsDfN

Herring has visited FSU on at least three occasions in the past year. He is drawing interest from defensive ends coach Brad Lawing and defensive coordinator Charles Kelly.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball, with six early predictions, is split 50-50 between the Seminoles and Georgia.

The Peach State junior is ranked No. 138 overall and as the No. 6 weak-side defensive end in the 2017 class.
 12 months ago '13        #4206
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Decision Day: Devin Bush, Jr.

Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan four-star inside linebacker Devin Bush Jr. is set to decide on Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. at his school.

Noles247.com and 247Sports.com will have on-site coverage of his announcement.

The 5-foot-11, 226-pound linebacker is set to announce from a final four consisting of Auburn, Florida State, Georgia and Michigan. The Seminoles and Wolverines are considered the top two contenders for his services.

After winning a state championship on Saturday evening, Bush Jr. shed some light on his decision and admitted he already had his mind made up.

“I can’t wait to finally get it over with and move on,” Bush Jr. said of his upcoming announcement.

He spoke on reaching his choice and how the last few weeks have gone for him.

“It was very hard,” Bush Jr. said. “There is a lot of stuff going on in recruiting, trying to win state, trying to play in the playoffs, focus with recruiting on the side. Getting late night phone calls from coaches. It was hard.

“I am glad I made my decision,” Bush Jr. added. “I am happy with it.”

The early enrollee shared what was the deciding factor for him.

“It was just where I believe was the best place for me to succeed, the best opportunity for me to be the player I am and to flourish,” Bush Jr. said. “That was probably the biggest thing.”

That complete update can be found here.

The Seminoles claim 74-percent of predictions compared to 26-percent of predictions for the Wolverines on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball.

Bush Jr. is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 241 prospect in the nation and No. 11 inside linebacker.

We will provide updates throughout the day regarding his announcement.
 12 months ago '13        #4207
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, Michigan, Arizona State in running (article I found on Kareem Walker's recruitment that has some good info)

PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- After winning a third straight state title, five-star running back Kareem Walker broke down the five schools on his list.

Wayne (N.J.) DePaul's Kareem Walker ran for 195 yards and two scores to win a third straight state title, celebrated with his teammates, and then headed to the airport for an official visit to Florida State.
However, before the nation's No. 2 running back bolted the cold or the sunshine, he broke is silence since decommitting from Ohio State to break down the latest twists and turns with his recruitment.

"Florida State visit. I'm catching a flight in a little while," Walker said Saturday. "Ole Miss isn't (under consideration) any more. Just Florida State, Arizona State, Michigan, Alabama and Auburn. I have Florida State now and Arizona State next week, if I don't have to take the ACT. I'm not for sure on that yet."
Walker already made official vists to Michigan, Alabama and Auburn. He is visiting Florida State this weekend and with the visit to Arizona State, it would mean his trips are over.
He said he has the five schools on his list for a reason.
"I feel like they are great fits for me," he said. "No. 1 competition with the linebackers and the defensive backs. I want to be in a better position to make myself better and take less hits."
Walker, who carried 30 times in DePaul's 40-17 win against St. John Vianney, spoke about each school.
"Arizona State, I went out there (unofficially) and liked it and I like the offense. It want to see more of it," Walker said. "Florida State, they have a good tradition. I like the way they play. They are a good program and they do a good job of making you a better a player.
"Michigan is going to be one of the top schools next year. I feel like a few more years with (coach) Jim Harbaugh, they're going to be one of those big schools. Auburn and Alabama, they really established themselves in the SEC. I really like them as well."
 12 months ago '06        #4208
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
Bush to Michigan

fu*k legacy . Kids dont want to be part of tour bullshyt if pappy was your fan
 12 months ago '13        #4209
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 DEDOS said:
Bush to Michigan

fu*k legacy . Kids dont want to be part of tour bullshyt if pappy was your fan
It's ok. We knew for awhile he was going to UM. When he stated maybe he wanted to start his own legacy, it was a wrap for us. We hope we can land Joyner and Jackson and maybe even your recruit McCloud
 12 months ago '06        #4210
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
 Semeautomatic said:
It's ok. We knew for awhile he was going to UM. When he stated maybe he wanted to start his own legacy, it was a wrap for us. We hope we can land Joyner and Jackson and maybe even your recruit McCloud
He visited all the big sec schools and commited back to us. He dont give a fu*k about yall. Everyone is jumping off ur burning ship.
 12 months ago '08        #4211
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
Lol @ you thinking Bush mattered. We offered him solely off the fact that he was a legacy. He just met Charles Kelly for the first time on Sunday, first time he talked to his potential position coach was two weeks ago. He doesn't fit our scheme and the staff prefers Jonathan Jones out of Oak Ridge over him but we wouldn't take both because they're too similar. Bush wasn't a lost. If he wasn't a legacy we probably don't even recruit him.
 12 months ago '05        #4212
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,476 | Props total: 1825 1825
 DEDOS said:
He visited all the big sec schools and commited back to us. He dont give a fu*k about yall. Everyone is jumping off ur burning ship.
Our ship is burning?

12 months ago '15        #4213
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 1018 1018
 DEDOS said:
Our ship is burning that Nole oil. It sends these kids to the NFL.
 12 months ago '14        #4214
PSLNOLE 
space
space
space
$8 | Props total: 7 7
 MysticKJ said:
Our ship is burning?

Everything looks like a burning ship when you're sitting inside of a Miami dumpster fire.
 12 months ago '06        #4215
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1107 1107
A team that went 10-2 is a sinking ship
 12 months ago '05        #4216
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
Devin Bush is a midget man ......we know what we doin over here and its better than Miami at all angles @
 12 months ago '13        #4217
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
@
 12 months ago '13        #4218
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Without Bush, FSU still has options at linebacker

Earlier today Florida State lost out on linebacker target Devin Bush Jr. to Michigan. With one of their primary targets off the board, Noles247 takes a look at where FSU will look to fill their need at the linebacker position.

FSU is hoping to sign at least one more in the 2016 class. Here’s who is on the board:

Inside Linebacker Dontavious Jackson
(6-2, 239) Houston, TX

Ranking: 4-Star, No.5 ranked ILB, 123rd best player overall.

The Skinny: Jackson is the top target on the linebacker board. He’s a Tim Brewster special out of Texas. Brewster has been on him hard going all the way back to the spring. Jackson used his official visit to FSU in October for the Miami game. Brewster isn’t the only one recruiting him, so are some of FSU’s top commitments like Levonta Taylor and Naseir Upshur.

Sources tell us that most people feel he’ll end up at Texas, but Jackson is a hard recruit to get a read on because he’s truly open to several teams, FSU being one of them. Brewster did visit him last week during the contact period, which is a positive sign that FSU feels good about where they stand with him.

Crystal Ball Says: 77% for Texas, 15% for Oklahoma, 8% for Alabama

Outside Linebacker Keion Joyner
(6-3, 200) Havelock, NC

Ranking: 4-Star, No.14 ranked OLB, 211th best player overall

The Skinny: Even though several teams have backed off due to Joyner’s “issues” with his team this season, FSU is still on him. The Devin Bush news only makes Joyner more of a priority. Even though he’s listed as an outside linebacker, Joyner can play inside in FSU’s defensive scheme. Of all the linebackers on the board, we feel FSU has the best shot at landing Joyner. Joyner had not yet taken an official visit to FSU. That is expected to occur in January.

Crystal Ball Says: 70% for LSU, 27% for FSU, 3% for Auburn

Outside Linebacker Jonathan Jones
(6-0, 225) Orlando, FL

Ranking: 3-Star, No.32 ranked OLB, 426th best player overall

The Skinny: In Sunday’s Recruiting Scoop we said that if FSU missed on Devin Bush Jr. we expected Jones to be in play. Well, FSU missed on Bush and now Jones is in play. FSU’s biggest competition is going to come from Michigan and Notre Dame. It’s unclear where things stand between Jones and Michigan now that Bush is committed. We’ll have much more on Jones in the coming days.

Crystal Ball Says: 83% for Michigan, 17% for Notre Dame

================================

More names to keep an eye on:

— LB Keandre Jones - Outside backer from Maryland that is currently committed to Maryland. He opened up his recruitment and started talking to FSU when Randy Edsell was fired. He’s since firmed up a bit, but we expect FSU to make a run at him.

— LB Jaleel Laguins - FSU had been involved previously. Georgia commit who was recruited there by Pruitt/Sherrer. Talented player. He visited LSU just before dead period. Camped at FSU two summers ago. He could get another look from FSU between now and Signing Day.

— LB TJ Brunson - Inside linebacker from South Carolina that is currently committed to Louisville. As of now we don’t have any info that FSU has reached out to him recently, but he did visit FSU back in March. He’s a name to keep an eye on in Brad Lawing’s territory.
 12 months ago '13        #4219
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU offers 2016 tight end

Nixa (Mo.) High 2016 tight end Chase Allen continues his torrid recruiting pace down the stretch.

Florida State offered Wednesday.

“Was not expecting this one either,” Allen said. His teammate Logan Tyler is a verbal to the Seminoles.

“He’s visiting that first week of January (after the dead period), I might tag along with him.”

Allen has also landed recent offers from Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Iowa State among others. He’s currently scheduled to visit the Cyclones that weekend but his plans could change.

In no rush to decide, the 6-foot-6, 220-pound Allen will definitely look into Florida State.

“It’s a lot warmer than the other places recruiting me,” Allen said. “They’re a team that will compete for championships and I have a lot of respect for their coaching staff as well.”

Allen said he had a great conversation with Seminoles a.ssistant Tim Brewster.

“He said he was a guy that discovered Antonio Gates and developed him and when my name was brought up to him he went on and watched my basketball tape first and he saw how my feet were moving among other things, and then he watched my tape and said basketball players make the best tight ends.”

The 247Sports Composite ranks Allen as the No. 6 player in Missouri and No. 26 tight end in the country.
 12 months ago '13        #4220
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Offers Another TE

Per his Twitter account, Florida State offered Nixa (Mo.) three-star tight end Chase Allen on Wednesday.

Allen is a 6-foot-6, 220-pound tight end. FSU has a commitment from Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep Institute four-star tight end Naseir Upshur, but has been looking to potentially add a second one as well in this class.

Other offers for Allen include Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Minnesota and Michigan. The wolverines claim 100-percent of 247Sports.com Crystal Ball predictions.

Allen is teammates with FSU kicker commitment Logan Tyler.

The 247Sports.com Composite ranks Allen as the No. 26 tight end in the nation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy