most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

12 months ago '13        #4181
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,475 | Props total: 336 336
3-star Linebacker Devin Bush Has Made His Decision

3-star linebacker Devin Bush knows which school he plans to commit to.

Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan 3-star linebacker Devin Bush is fresh off a state championship win, and will make his college decision soon. Bush will be announcing his college choice on December 16th at 12:30 PM, but he already knows where he's going.
“I am glad I made my decision,” Bush Jr. added. “I am happy with it.”

Playing time was a major factor in his recruitment, but noted that all four of his finalists don't have a lot of linebackers.
“It mattered, but at the same time the schools that are recruiting me a lot of them didn’t have linebackers,” Bush Jr. said on depth charts. “The ability to go in and start and take a spot, play in the spring game, play in the season, is a great jump for me."
Bush Jr. said it wasn't easy dealing with everything, and that he's glad to have it over with.
“It was very hard,” Bush Jr. said. “There is a lot of stuff going on in recruiting, trying to win state, trying to play in the playoffs, focus with recruiting on the side. Getting late night phone calls from coaches. It was hard."
Bush Jr. said there were a lot of factors that helped decide his recruitment, but in the end it came down to just one thing.
“It was just where I believe was the best place for me to succeed, the best opportunity for me to be the player I am and to flourish,” Bush Jr. said. “That was probably the biggest thing.”
The Florida State legacy is down to Florida State, Michigan, Auburn, and Georgia. The Seminole coaching staff will make one more in home visit on Sunday. Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher will be joined by defensive coordinator Charles Kelly, linebackers coach Bill Miller, and defensive tackles coach Odell Haggins on the trip. Michigan and Jim Harbaugh went in home earlier in the week. Bush Jr. says the visits are all about asking questions.
“At this point, it is just asking questions about how you are feeling. It is your decision and to just do what you want,” Bush Jr. said. “No hard feelings."
Bush Jr. is going to enjoy his commitment, but there is something bittersweet about it.
"It is great but at the end of the day somebody has to get a no and somebody has to get a yes,” Bush Jr. said.
Bush Jr. is ranked as the No. 13 inside linebacker by Scout.
 12 months ago '13        #4182
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
2017 4-star Stanford Samuels Details Recruiting Plans

Stanford Samuels III won a state championship and detailed his recruiting plans after.

Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan 2017 4-star Stanford Samuels III is one of the most coveted cornerbacks in the country regardless of class. He has offers from more than 30 schools, but has had two schools at the top of his recruitment for the past year.
Florida State and Georgia are those two schools, and the schools that he had been in contact the most with until recently.

"Florida State," Samuels said. "I was keeping up with Georgia until they kind of got a little crazy with the coaching changes."
Samuels doesn't know what his plans for the near future are, but he does know have some schools that he plans to visits.
"I should be taking a couple visits," Samuels said. "I’m not sure where. I have the Under Armour Elite 50 camp coming up. I know I’ll be taking a trip up to Maryland. I’ll be taking a trip to Michigan, Florida State, and Georgia for sure."
Florida State sent two coaches to watch the state championship game, and those two are the coaches recruiting him the hardest.
"Charles Kelly and Coach Miller," Samuels said. "They come to a lot of the games so we have a really close relationship. So just seeing them guys and having a chance to play in front of them, and make big plays in front of them. I know they feel great."
Samuels sealed the game with an interception, and is planning to hang up his gloves, which happened to be Florida State.
"You know I had to throw on the FSU gloves one time," Samuels said. "They’re getting hung up now. End of the pick-6 and my first state championship. They’re getting hung up now."
The No. 15 prospect in the 2017 class and Florida State legacy plans to make his college decision at the Under Armour game his senior year or signing day 2017.
 12 months ago '13        #4183
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-star S Jamel Cook Firm To Florida State but Still Taking Visits

Florida State safety commit Jamel Cook says he's firm to the Seminoles.

Miami (Fla.) Miami Central safety Jamel Cook is one of the top players in the country, and has many schools still vying for his services. Cook committed to Florida State in February, and has remained committed to the Seminoles.
Cook helped Miami Central win their fourth straight state championship on Saturday. After the game he stated that he was still firm in his commitment to Florida State. He does plan on taking some visits before signing day.

"I'll probably go to UM, Bama, and South Carolina," Cook said. "That's all I have in my head right now."
In addition to those three schools, Cook also plans to visit Florida State.
"Yeah," Cook said. "Probably before or after they play Houston."
A couple of Florida State players came down to see Miami Central practice last week.
"[Derwin James] and Calvin [Brewton} were at our practice Friday," Cook said. "Former players. So I talked to them. He thinks it's a good fit for me and I think it's a good fit for me."
Cook is the No. 5 safety and No. 88 recruit in the Scout 300.
 12 months ago '13        #4184
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
2019 Running Back James Cook Shines In State Title Game

2019 running back James Cook led Miami Central to their fourth straight state title.

Miami (Fla.) Miami Central 2019 running back James Cook stole the show in the Rockets 48-13 win over Armwood in the state championship game on Saturday. Cook picked up right where his older brother, Florida State running back Dalvin Cook, left off. He ran for a career high 178 yards on just 15 carries and found the end zone three times. He was named the player of the game.
Dalvin Cook had some advice for the younger Cook before the game.

"Stay humble," Cook said. "Remain focused. And do what I do best."
Like his brother, James Cook was at his best in the biggest game of the season. Cook says he had to because he had big shoes to fill.
"I just had to pick up the slack because I knew that I had big shoes to fill," Cook said. "I did what I had to do."
Cook is only a freshman at Miami Central, but is already drawing comparisons to his brother. He was asked which of the two was better as a high school freshman.
"Me," Cook said. "He didn't play as a freshman."
Cook has offers from LSU, Miami, and Florida State already, but he's living up to them so far in his career. Cook grew up a Miami fan, but that may be changing.
"Yeah, I grew up a Miami fan, but, when they play my brother, I've got to go with family," Cook said.
Cook has visited Florida State and Miami, and went to half of the Seminoles games this season. He really enjoyed each of his trips.
"It's great," Cook said. "It's a good atmosphere. The fans."
The 5-foot-11, 185-pounds Cook is a long way from making a decision, but he will definitely have plenty of options going forward.
 12 months ago '13        #4185
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
3-star Safety Carlos Becker Sets Visits

Rangy safety Carlos Becker details his recruitment.

Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola 3-star safety Carlos Becker's recruitment has picked up after a stellar senior campaign. Becker holds 13 offers including Florida, Florida State, NC State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Michigan State.
Becker has already officially visited NC State, and will visit Florida State on November 15th. He has two other visits planned for January.

“Ole Miss, Florida State, and Kentucky,” Becker said. “They are set, but they are written on my fridge."
Both of those visits will follow the Florida State visit.
“Florida State I think, then Kentucky and then Ole Miss,” Becker added.
Becker will play in the Under Armour All-American game in January.
 12 months ago '13        #4186
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-star Wide Receiver Keith Gavin Injured During State Title Game

Wide receiver Keith Gavin was injured during his state championship game.

Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla 4-star wide receiver Keith Gavin suffered a right shoulder injury on the final drive of the 5A state title game. Wakulla missed a 50 yard field goal to tie and fell to Bishop Moore 37-34. Gavin finished the game with 5 catches for 73 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also had a 72 yard kickoff return.
A diagnosis of the injury was not given, but Gavin was being treated in the ambulance right outside the stadium.

Gavin was supposed to take an official visit to Alabama this weekend, but that visit seems to be in jeopardy after the injury. He is not an early enrollee, and will still have time to visit Alabama once the dead period ends in January.
Gavin is still considering Alabama, Florida State, and Georgia.

Injury Update:

Gavin's mother posted to her Facebook page that Gavin suffered an AC joint separation, but that he would not require surgery.
 12 months ago '13        #4187
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
What Would Make Florida State's 2016 Recruiting Class A Success?

Florida State currently has 16 commits with room for a few more.

Florida State currently has 16 commitments for the 2016 recruiting class, and the No. 14 class overall, with room for at least five more.
Here's the current breakdown:

QB RB TE WR OL DE DT LB CB S P K
1 1 1 0 3 2 2 1 2 1 1 1
The Seminoles have hit homeruns at quarterback, special teams, the offensive line, and in the secondary, with a chance to get even better at the last two if the dominos fall their way. They're in good position at running back, tight end, and defensive tackle, but could add one more at each position.
The real areas of concern for Florida State's class come at linebacker and defensive end. Florida State has been thin at linebacker for the past two years, and will be taking a big class this cycle. The Seminoles are in on a number of top targets this cycle including 4-stars Keion Joyner and Dontavious Jackson, and 3-star legacy Devin Bush Jr. They need to land two of the three to go along with Emmett Rice, who's already committed.
The defensive end position got a little clearer Wednesday night when 4-star Janarius Robinson announced that he was sticking with the Seminoles and enrolling early. Florida State needs to add at least one more to go along with Robinson and 3-star DE/Buck LB Josh Brown. The leading candidates for that spot are 4-stars Brian Burns and Terrell Hall. Burns recently named Florida State his co-leader with Florida, and the Seminoles have been gaining ground lately.
Florida State already has a fantastic secondary class, but it could be the best class in the country if they add a couple more. The Seminoles are in good position for 4-star Trayvon Mullen, and have been trending up recently for 4-stars Jayvaughn Myers and Brandon Burton. They would also like to add one more offensive lineman to a great offensive line class, and that will come down to 4-stars Jauan Williams or Landon d!ckerson.
The Seminoles would be fine not taking a wide receiver this year with the plethora of young talent on the roster, but they're still recruiting two of the top players at the position in 5-star Nate Craig-Myers and 4-star Keith Gavin. Florida State would take both at this point.
Florida State will meet their needs with two more linebackers, and another defensive end, but this class could end up as one of the Top-5 in the country if they land some of the top players on their board.
 12 months ago '13        #4188
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Former 3-star Offensive Lineman Mike Arnold Commits To Florida State

Florida State picked up a commitment from a 3-star Prep offensive linemen

New Berlin (N.Y.) Milford Academy prep 3-star offensive tackle Mike Arnold has committed to Florida State. He is originally from Winter Haven, Florida, and signed with Virginia Tech out of high school.
I have officially committed to the FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY! #NoleNation pic.twitter.com/zuvI99qod6
— _dope'since90's (@mikeselfmade26) December 13, 2015

Arnold has always dreamt of playing football at Florida State, and that's one of his main reasons for committing.
"Family," Arnold said. "It's my dream school and playing time."
Arnold is currently on his official visit to Florida State, and will be an early enrollee.
Here is his 2015 film:
 12 months ago '13        #4189
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Quick hitter from Terrell Hall on his official

Washington (D.C.) St. John's College four-star weak-side defensive end Terrell Hall officially visited Florida State over the weekend.

He spoke briefly with Noles247.com on Sunday afternoon about the visit.

"It was a great visit," Hall said.

The visit began on Friday afternoon and wrapped up Sunday morning.

According to Hall, the visit made a strong impression on him.

"Everything," Hall said when asked what stood out. "It seemed like it was a perfect fit for me.

"The visit definitely impressed me from every aspect that I could view the school," Hall added.

Hall is being pursued by FSU defensive ends coach Brad Lawing. He has already hosted head coach Jimbo Fisher for an in-home visit.

FSU is battling with Alabama, Arizona State, Florida, Maryland, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, UCLA and more for his services. He has already officially visited the Gators. The Crimson Tide and Rebels seem likely to land January official visits. A fifth visit destination remains up in the air.

Hall intends to make his decision on National Signing Day.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has Alabama as the favorite with 81-percent of predictions.

Hall is ranked No. 77 overall and as the No. 5 weak-side defensive end in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 12 months ago '08        #4190
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,627 | Props total: 258 258
i dont know about bush. i could see him goin either way.
 12 months ago '13        #4191
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
More On Mike Arnold's Pledge To FSU

New Berlin (N.Y.) Milford Academy offensive lineman Mike Arnold committed to Florida State on Saturday during his official visit. He spoke about that decision here.

On Sunday, at the conclusion of his official visit, Arnold shared some more details on his recruitment. Here are some quick notes:

• Arnold said he knew for a few weeks that FSU was his likely destination. It all really became a reality on Thursday when Odell Haggins and Rick Trickett came to visit him: "It was really Thursday (that I knew). They came to see me. We set up the official. We spoke. I knew when I went to FSU it was going to be where I ended up. I always was a Florida State fan and I always saw myself playing for them. It was my dream school."

• Arnold didn't get recruited much by FSU out of high school due to grade and test issues. Thus the reason he ended up at a prep school.

• Arnold made the visit from Friday to Sunday along with his mother.

• He currently measured in at 6-foot-6, 336-pounds.

• According to Arnold, FSU is interested in him as a left offensive tackle.

• He shared what Rick Trickett told him about his need for him: "He said he needed me because of my footwork, my quickness and my ability to get to the next level."

• The primary message of his conversation with head coach Jimbo Fisher: "We talked about the chance of early playing time."

• Arnold confirmed he has five years to play four when he enrolls at FSU in January.

• His final message after making his decision: "I'm just ready to be a 'Nole."
 12 months ago '05        #4192
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
I know they say Dalvo's brother is better than him which is crazy to me
 12 months ago '13        #4193
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-star DE talks about his FSU official

Washington (D.C.) St. John's College four-star weak-side defensive end Terrell Hall officially visited Florida State over the weekend.

"It was a great visit," Hall said.

The visit began on Friday afternoon and wrapped up Sunday morning.

According to Hall, the visit made a strong impression on him.

"Everything," Hall said when asked what stood out. "It seemed like it was a perfect fit for me.

"The visit definitely impressed me from every aspect that I could view the school," Hall added.

He was hosted on the official visit by fellow Washington D.C. native Marcus Lewis.

"Marcus Lewis hosted me and just talked to me about how much he liked it," Hall said. "I spoke to a few other players too."

Hall is being pursued by FSU defensive ends coach Brad Lawing. He has already hosted head coach Jimbo Fisher for an in-home visit. Both were in his ear during his time in Tallahassee.

"The coaching staff's main focus was to show me how they would use me in their defense and how much there is a need for me," Hall said. "They also spoke on how stable their coaching staff was and the history they have with defensive ends, especially with Coach Lawing."

FSU is battling with Alabama, Arizona State, Florida, Maryland, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, UCLA and more for his services. He has already officially visited the Gators. The Crimson Tide and Rebels seem likely to land January official visits. A fifth visit destination remains up in the air.

Hall intends to make his decision on National Signing Day.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has Alabama as the favorite with 81-percent of predictions.

Hall is ranked No. 77 overall and as the No. 5 weak-side defensive end in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 12 months ago '13        #4194
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Decision Details For Kareem Walker

The nation's No. 1 running back recruit Kareem Walker will announce his college decision Thursday at 12:30 p.m., 247Sports insider Ryan Bartow is told.

Michigan, Florida State, Arizona State, Auburn and Alabama are among the top contenders. Walker took an official to all five schools.

The 247Sports Composite ranks Walker as the nation's No. 39 recruit overall.
 12 months ago '13        #4195
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Pender, Mitchell to miss bowl game

Florida State returned to the practice field Monday afternoon but the Seminoles will be without a small group of players for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

Coach Jimbo Fisher said that tailback Mario Pender (lung) and defensive tackle Derrick Mitchell (back surgery) will miss the Dec. 31 game against Houston. Star corner Trey Marshall has not been able to practice, and Fisher said "he's not quite ready."

Safety Lamarcus Brutus broke his hand in FSU's game against Florida and had surgery. Brutus will wear a blue jersey for the next few practices, Fisher said. The senior is expected to play in the bowl game.

Offensive lineman Chad Mavety is sick, and tight end Ryan Izzo had a family emergency but will return in a few days, Fisher said.

Fisher said that linebacker Ro'Derrick Hoskins is "practicing full speed" after suffering a knee injury late in the regular season.

But Fisher said that the majority of the Seminoles were able to use the two weeks off to recover from injuries.

“We were banged and bruised," Fisher said. "We were a beat up football team. Those last 3-4 games guys would practice one day. It was critical to get them healthy. Some guys were running around out there I had forget they could run. It was good to see their bodies recovering.”

Practice schedule: Fisher said that FSU would focus on fundamentals for the first few pre-bowl practices. The last five practices in Tallahassee will include a game plan for Houston. FSU is expected to practice on campus through next Monday.
 12 months ago '13        #4196
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Stay or go? Walker not yet ready to decide

Florida State defensive end DeMarcus Walker has applied for evaluation by the NFL's draft advisory board but the junior has not received feedback.

Walker had a breakout junior year, recording 45 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. He said he would discuss his options with his mom once the paperwork from the NFL arrives.

"She's probably the only person who has the say in it," Walker said.

But to Walker, he also is in this position after having just one sack in each of his first two seasons at FSU.

He credits his hard work and preparation and he also praised defensive ends/outside linebackers coach Brad Lawing for his development.

"My work and my numbers speak for themselves," Walker said. "I showed some people what I'm about."

CBSSports.com draft analyst Dane Brugler told Noles247 that Walker has impressed in 2015 but scouts will have just one year of film to evaluate Walker.

"You are always leery of the one-year wonder type of guy," Brugler said. "That may not be necessarily what he is. Scouts are leery about that. They do extra homework on those guys. He’s been probably their most consistent defensive lineman this year. He has a lot of traits that project to the next level. He is a little bit of a tougher evaluation for the advisory committee."
 12 months ago '13        #4197
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Florida State Is Racking Up On Early Enrollees Again

Florida State is pulling in a large group of early enrollees for the second straight year.

Florida State currently has 17 commitments, and nearly half of them are early enrollees. The Seminoles currently have 8 recruits ready to enroll at Florida State in January, and that number could jump to as high as 10 within the next few days.
Florida State landed 8 early enrollees last season, and 3 of them, Derwin James, Josh Sweat, and Jacques Patrick, made an impact as freshmen. The Seminoles will be looking for similar production from this group.

Here are the current commitments that are expected to early enroll:
4-star QB Malik Henry
4-star DE Janarius Robinson
3-star DT Cedric Wood
3-star OG Andrew Boselli
3-star LB/DE Josh Brown
Juco DT Walvenski Aime
Prep OT Mike Arnold
3-star K Ricky Aguayo
They will have a chance to add two more early enrollees in 5-star running back Kareem Walker and 3-star linebacker Devin Bush. Of the current commitments, Aime, Henry, Arnold, Brown, and Aguayo are the five that have the best chance to be major contributors in 2016. 4-star defensive end Janarius Robinson will also have a chance to contribute.
 12 months ago '13        #4198
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Will Florida State Defensive End Demarcus Walker Jump To The NFL?

Florida State defensive end Demarcus Walker has applied to receive a draft grade.

Florida State defensive end Demarcus Walker has had an excellent year for the Seminoles. He recorded 45 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks, 4 quarterback hurries, 4 passes defended, and 4 forced fumbles. He led the Seminoles in tackles for loss, sacks, and forced fumbles by a wide margin.
Walker had such a great year that there have been questions about his making a jump to the NFL a year early. Walker has applied to receive a draft grade from the NFL's Draft Advisory Board. The board is in place to tell draft eligible non-seniors where they expect them to be drafted.
Walker says that he will wait until he receives his grade to make a decision.
"I have to go back to Jacksonville and talk to my mom about that,” Walker said. “She’s probably the only person who has a say in it.”
Walker was the first Seminole since Bjorn Werner in 2012 to have double digit sacks for the Seminoles. That's something that he is extremely proud of.
"... To be the first person since 2012 to have double-digit sacks means a lot," Walker said. "There were a lot of guys before me such as Mario [Edwards Jr.], Timmy [Jernigan], and Eddie [Goldman] who didn't do that."
Walker was named to the All-ACC second team for his performance this season.
 12 months ago '13        #4199
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Recruiting: Contact Period Wrap-up

The contact period began on November 29th and closed on December 13th. It was a wild two weeks on the recruiting trail for the Florida State coaching staff. The current dead period runs through January 13th and then opens back up again for a final time until January 30th when it goes dead again until Signing Day, which falls on February 3rd.

Here’s a look back at a few things we learned about FSU’s 2016 class during the contact period:

— Shocker, but FSU’s staff didn’t forget how to recruit. The past two weeks seemed to calm the cliff-jumpers that felt FSU’s No.3 ranked class was a severe disappointment. The staff hit the road with a purpose and set out to see all of their top targets. Reactions from recruits were resoundingly positive and some big names prospects had FSU higher on their list than previously thought.

— Charles Kelly can multi-task. He didn’t miss a single inhome visit while he stiff-armed attempts from Auburn to throw absurd amounts of money in his direction to return home and coach. It was actually pretty impressive that a week of rumors and reports of him leaving never caused a stir in recruiting. The reason for this is because Kelly is genuine and the kids he visited with knew that when he told them he was staying, his word could be trusted.

— Jimbo Fisher’s brown “closer-jacket” is going to be clutch down the stretch. We already saw some magic from it during the contact period. It can’t be a coincidence that a day after Fisher wore it inhome with Janarius Robinson, Robinson announced he was a ‘Nole, but also surprised many be revealing that he’s also an early enrollee. Robinson canceled his official visit to UF and completely shut down his recruitment. All credit goes to the jacket.

Time and resources are limited in recruiting and FSU’s staff can’t possibly see everyone, so they use their time wisely and see the prospects they feel they have a shot at. We use this time of year to determine who’s going to be in the mix in January and who FSU fans need to phase off of their recruiting boards.

Key contact period visits:

* 4-Star DE Terrell Hall - FSU went in-home with him every chance they could get during the two weeks of the contact period, even sending Fisher in early. The goal was to establish a solid relationship with him before he came in on an official visit. The official visit took place this past weekend and now FSU has a real shot at landing him.

* 4-Star RB Kareem Walker - The ‘Noles looked like they were out of it even though FSU has remained in contact with Walker throughout the fall. But when Jay Graham went in-home and secured an unexpected official visit, things started shifting for FSU. It now looks like a Michigan-FSU battle and some experts are projecting Walker to FSU. He announces Thursday.

* 3-Star OT Mike Arnold - His recruitment was whirlwind. FSU went in-home to see him on Thursday, he came in for an official visit on Friday and was committed by Saturday night.

* We saw FSU do in-home visits with a pair of names that hadn’t been mentioned in a while. Kissimme (Fla.) Osceola four-star cornerback Carlos Becker and Orlando (Fla.) Oak Ridge three-star linebacker Jonathan Jones each received visits from the FSU staff. FSU is more involved with Becker than they are Jones, but it sounds like they’ll both be in for official visits in January. Watch to see if FSU gets a commitment from Devin Bush this week, Jones could be off the board. It’ll come down to scholarship numbers.

Top targets that didn’t receive visits:

During this time of year, it’s important to also note prospects that did not get visits during the contact period. Since time is limited, FSU coaches have to focus on the recruits they feel they have a chance to sign. If they spend too much time chasing ghosts, they’ll also end up missing on players that they could have otherwise signed, had they visited them during this period.

* 5-Star DE Oluwole Betiku
* 5-Star DE Dexter Lawrence
* 5-Star DT Derrick Brown
* 5-Star LB Ben Davis
* 4-Star CB Nigel Knott

=================================

Recruiting doesn’t necessarily stop once the dead period begins. It’s quite the opposite. This week, as the FSU coaches and players start bowl practice, two major recruiting targets will be announcing their decisions; linebacker Devin Bush Jr. and Kareem Walker will make sure things aren’t quiet during the dead period. We’ll have more on their decisions tomorrow.

During the dead period prospects can contact coaches via phone as much as they want. Coaches can call recruits once per week. Coaches are allowed to contact recruits via electronic mail, including Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger.

The National All-Star Games (Army and Under Armour) are also played during the dead period and there’s a good chance FSU picks up a commitment or two at these events. It’s also a time that a new name or two will emerge due to FSU’s current commits doing some recruiting of their own while playing in these games.

Noles247 will be following all the action. Stay tuned
 12 months ago '13        #4200
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Buckeyes Continue To Target NFL Legacy

Ohio State is still knee-deep in trying to finish their 2016 class, and they're certainly moving full-steam ahead on their 2017 crop, but that hasn't stopped the Buckeyes from keeping tabs on 2018 prospects as well.

One of the top targets for OSU in that class is Baltimore (MD) Gilman DT Taron Vincent, the son of former NFL star Troy Vincent.

The younger Vincent just finished his sophomore season with Gilman, and it was a successful one for the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder.

"The season went real well," Vincent told 247Sports. "We finished 10-1 as a team and I finished the year with 11 sacks."

Now that his season has come to a close, recruiting is starting to pick up again and three programs have already been talking to the star prospect of late.

"Florida State, Ohio State, and Clemson are three schools I have been talking to recently," he noted. "They're all just saying how I need to come out and get to their campus. Right now the only trips I have planned are to Florida State, for whenever their junior day will be, and to Iowa, also some time this winter. I don't have anything else planned out right now."

In the past, Vincent has noted the Buckeyes as his leader, but now seems to want to take a step back in the process.

"I think all the schools are equal with each other," Vincent stated. "I don't have any favorites right now."

With that said, he is still high on Ohio State and is impressed with what the Buckeyes are doing on the field.

"My relationship with Coach [Larry] Johnson is great," Vincent explained. "Right now I like how Ohio State is playing hard-nosed football and getting after it."

Vincent is rated as a 4-star prospect, the No. 18 overall player, No.1 defensive tackle, and No. 1 player in Maryland for the Class of 2018 per 247Sports.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago