Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
57 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
88 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (2 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '05        #401
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,673 | Props total: 3793 3793
dont nobody want that fatass
 4 years ago '08        #402
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
Denver Kirklands stepdad said "He will not be a Miami Hurricane"
 4 years ago '08        #403
space
space
Denver Kirkland says its between FSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas
 01-31-2013, 08:03 PM         #404
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Suck a.ss Miami and their bum a.ss class. Nobody scared of Ray Lewis III or your 6 tight end commits. This is our worst class in awhile and it still trumps that high school team's class. If you want to run out of a blowup kiddy helmet in smoke, play in front of 8,000 fans a game, and win 6-7 games a year then take your "talents" to South Beach. The only time that stadium is full is when we roll in there with our fans and sh*t on them dudes. If you want to play in front of 75,000 plus, run out of a tunnel behind a horse with a dude holding a flaming spear, and compete for conference titles, then come to Tallyho. They should try winning their side of the conference one time since they can't even do that. Trash. Should have stayed in the Big East.
 01-31-2013, 08:09 PM         #405
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bum a.ss 2*

There are many football prospects that fly under the radar and do not get noticed until late in the process. One of those players is New Smyrna Beach, Fla. defensive end Davarez Bryant. On Wednesday, he got some exciting news when Florida State a.ssistant coach Odell Haggins stopped by and offered the underrated 2013 prospect a scholarship.

Davarez Bryant will take an official visit to FSU this weekend.
"I was a little shocked, surprised and overwhelmed. Yes sir, I was pretty excited. We talked about academics and didn't talk that much about football," said Bryant. "It (the offer) made a big impact and I said to myself, 'Oh my goodness FSU just offered.'"

This was Haggins' first trip to see Bryant, but it wasn't the first time FSU has dropped by. In December, Rick Trickett stopped by and asked Bryant about his passion for the game and that message has stayed with Bryant throughout the entire recruiting process.

"Yes sir, I kept that with me. It has stuck with me," said Bryant, who currently claims offers from Kentucky, Purdue, Iowa State and Louisville.

This weekend, Bryant will take an official visit to FSU. He already knows the main factors he'll be looking for on the visit.

"I want to see the type of communication program they have," Bryant said. "That's what is going to make my decision. I want to see the broadcasting program because I want to be on TV. That's been something I've been interested in." If Bryant sees everything he needs to see with the communication program, he says he could make a decision on the trip.

"Yes, because I already know they have everything in football. I just want to see the communication program," he said.

Surprisingly, Bryant has been only playing football for a year, picking it up before last season.

"Head Coach (Lance) Jenkins (was the reason). He just told me come out for a week and if I didn't like it, then he would leave me alone," explained Bryant. "It was the physical part of it I liked. Being able to hit someone and not get in trouble for it. Getting off blocks, finding the puller on the offensive line that is coming over and knowing where that's coming from."

The 6-foot-4, 247-pound finished with nine sacks and around 40 tackles this year. His position coach and defensive coordinator Rodney Barnes describes Bryant's style of play.

"Davarez has a very high level of talent. There are couple things like he would not squeeze tight enough and go right for the quarterback, but just little things," Barnes said. "He's naturally strong, so no one could block him in practice. If he bull rushes you he knows how to play with leverage. I think he also has a real good first step (in getting off the line of scrimmage)."

There were many areas that Bryant improved on once arriving in August, but Barnes says there were several things that jumped out about his star player.

"The biggest thing is his learning of the game. What's my job, do I always have to make the play? Because that's what he thought he had to do when he first got here. He learned sometimes your job is to squeeze the tackle dive, sometimes its pass rush and learning the game more than anything in responsibilities," Barnes explained. "For a first year player I think he had a great year. I just think there's just so much upside to him."

Barnes also described how FSU first came into the picture.

"A few months ago, Coach Trickett was down here, probably after the season ended. Some time in December. Davarez was very impressed with Coach Trickett because he told him you have to love this game at this level, can't just like it," Barnes said. "Said you are going to take your lumps and bruises, but you have to f!ght back. So they have been on him for a little while. Odell would be a great role model for him because he's good at reading kids like that."
 4 years ago '05        #406
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Flo State comin in here sh*ttin on clowns
 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM         #407
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Come put on that Garnet and Gold and take over LP's spot.

It has looked inevitable for weeks that Augustus Edwards would de-commit from Syracuse. That finally happened today when the top rated fullback in the country made his decision public.

Edwards will choose between Miami and Florida State.
"I've officially de-committed from Syracuse," said the 6-foot-1, 222-pound Edwards. "I've been thinking about it for about a month now with everything that happened. I wanted to publicize it so that coaches weren't wasting time anymore."

Edwards has been quoted saying Florida State was a slight leader. Is that still the case?

"I wouldn't say that Florida State is my leader right now," he said. "I'm considering Miami and Florida State.

"I like the opportunity to go down South and away for school," Edwards said. "They have a great opportunity in Miami right now with the guys they have there now. They're trying to sell me on the combination with Duke Johnson as thunder and lightning.

"Florida State has a good opportunity also with only a few running backs on scholarship," he said. "I think there's opportunity to come in and compete and play on a team that's in the top ten year-in and year-out. I like that I could plan a national stage."

Recently, coaches from Florida State and Miami made the trip north to visit Edwards in his home.

"After in home visits with both coaching staffs I know and trust them," Edwards said. "Both coaches know a lot about football and they each for their own success. I think both programs are headed in the right direction."

Edwards is getting on a plane tomorrow to visit one of the Florida schools.

"I'm going on an official visit to Miami tomorrow and I'll go from there as for making my decision," he said. "It's going to be my first time there so I really want to learn about the school. I've only had a chance to meet a couple of the coaches so I want to meet the entire coaching staff also."

Edwards was committed to Syracuse since July.
 4 years ago '10        #408
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
You cant spell D[]_[]MBASS without da []_[]

Way to p!ss off the coach at BTW...the fence falls futher.

Kirkland will hopefully be a NOLE now!
 02-01-2013, 07:19 AM         #409
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
** Staten Island (N.Y.) Tottenville three-star running back Gus Edwards confirmed late last night that Florida State is his leader, following in-home visits from the Florida State staff, as well as the Miami staff. Although he hasn't committed to either school, Florida State is sitting in a very good spot at this point. Edwards said that his parents really enjoyed their time with Coach Fisher and admits that his family wants him to play at Florida State. When asked to describe Coach Sanders he said, "Really impressive and smart".

** Mobile (Ala.) Vigor junior four-star defensive end Justin Thornton will be on Florida State's campus this weekend. The high four-star prospect currently holds a '98' 247Composite ranking and is listed as a top-50 player nationally. His recruitment will most likely be decided by his top two schools, which include Alabama and the Seminoles, and he is looking to make a decision before his senior season begins. Due to his relationship with Coach Pruitt, a commitment this weekend can't be ruled out.
 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM         #410
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dedos...How you like these apples....

Kirkland: UM is out of the picture

Guess I should have stuck around for the end of Booker T. Washington's state championship parade.

All-American offensive lineman Denver Kirkland confirmed Thursday night UM is no longer in the picture for him, just a couple of hours after saying he loved the coaches and the program.

What led to this surprising news? Kirkland said he had a private conversation with UM a.ssistant coach Micheal Barrow and Booker T. head coach Tim "Ice" Harris following the parade in which they discussed an issue that came up with him going to UM.

Is it that you didn't have the grades or test score to get in? "No, not that," he said.

Are you upset? "No. I'm still going to play college football somewhere," he said.

Kirkland said his final four is now South Florida, Florida State, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

CanesInsider, which first tweeted the news, said Kirkland was told by UM coaches he no longer had a scholarship available to him.

From CaneInsider: Kirkland’s stepfather, Shanton Crummie, informed XOFan/CaneInsider of the news earlier tonight. He said the explanation he’s receiving from the Miami coaching staff is that they over signed defensive lineman and therefore Kirkland’s scholarship was used up.

The Hurricanes have 13 commitments and are still in play for some major recruits. But Kirkland was expected to pick UM. This obviously will not sit well with teammate Matthew Thomas, who was also considering UM.
 02-01-2013, 07:46 AM         #411
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Golden must be a real idiot...How you keep recruiting a guy on the o-line then tell him there's not scholarship for him because they signed too many DT's....

I know you don't have to be real bright to attend da U but their own coach can't do simple math. Golden burnin bridges already....Randy Shannon Jr.
 4 years ago '05        #412
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[video - click to view]

02-01-2013, 11:01 AM         #413
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think y'all will get a kick out of this article written my the Miami Rivals guy. He talkin' like a Miami offer is worth gold these days. He might mention Fog of War 10 times in this article. It's like reading one of those trash yahoo articles.

Yesterday we took a moment to usher in that annual ritual affectionately called the Fog of War. We talked about how uncomfortable of a place it can be in these final days of recruiting, when the pressure gets amped up, when dreams are found and dreams are lost.

When you enter the Fog of War, you see things that you never thought might be imaginable. The most bizarre things in the world happen when grown men who wear different colors are running out of time in their pursuit of the 18-old-kids that they are paid handsomely to try to recruit to their schools. The most bizarre things happen when those kids, smack in the middle of this thick condensation, find out that they really are not equipped to be there no matter how glamorous it may seem.

Booker T. Washington offensive lineman Denver Kirkland was recruited by the University of Miami for almost a year. That meant he had 300-plus opportunities to wake up in the morning, decide he wanted to be a Hurricane and call Coach Al Golden and tell him that he wanted to join The U.

Deep down, apparently that is what he really wanted to do. But either because he was guided to do differently, or got caught up in all of the attention that swirls around recruiting long before this thick, thick fog hits, Kirkland opted to play the recruiting game.

That meant former Canes defensive back coach Wesley McGriff flying into town to woo him to Mississippi. It meant Jimbo Fisher coming in to pitch Florida State. It meant former Miami Head Coach Randy Shannon coming into his home representing Arkansas. And on and on and on.

Through all this time, Miami a.ssistant Micheal Barrow persistently did his job. Barrow must have had 100 phone conversations with Kirkland. Kirkland had an open invite to head out to Miami on unofficial visits whenever he desired. Coach Al Golden was always available to talk to him. This went on for almost a year. Kirkland had an offer from Miami to attend Miami.

This week, that offer disappeared when Miami decided to move on and apparently give that scholarship to a young man from another school who valued it more, that was ready to commit to being a Hurricane. Kirkland was informed he no longer had a committable offer and was wished the best of luck in attending one of the other schools.

And in a bizarre twist that only the Fog of War can inspire, Booker T Coach Tim Harris became upset and so did many others around him and in the community.

A Canes fan texts me at 8:27 p.m. He is standing inside Houston's restaurant in North Miami Beach talking to the famed Luther Campbell. During that conversation, Campbell received a text from Harris to call him. Campbell was upset as an extension of Harris being upset. He explained how Kirkland had received an ultimatum to commit to Miami or the Hurricanes were moving on and when Kirkland chose not to commit on the spot that Miami had moved on.

I am not sure it all played out quite that way. But things can get twisted very easily in the Fog of War.

More than likely, Miami received a wave of silent commits the past few days and filled up its class, maybe with the exception of a scholarship on hold for Kirkland's teammate, Matthew Thomas, one of the recruiting year's top targets. It couldn't play this recruiting game any longer.

This kind of thing happens all the time in recruiting. I am not sure why there was so much commotion stirred on Thursday night over it. But I do think it was the game changer that everyone needed to have happen, both UM and the local prep community.

Miami has been in a weakened state lately with the NCAA fiasco, the losses, the failed regimes, etc. etc. As I said yesterday, South Florida has become a recruiting free-for-all. The SEC schools are attacking the Miami base relentlessly. Schools like Louisville are camped out in South Florida. People feel like they can play around and commit to the Hurricanes whenever they want, that there is no urgency to do so.

I said yesterday that something had to give at some point, having no idea that the give might come just a few hours later. You simply can't build recruiting classes this way, where you are sitting there five days before signing day with seven open spots because recruits, many of them local, want to keep you hanging because they are either addicted to all the attention or don't plan on ever committing at all.

That's destructive to the local program and through the hard times that allegiance appears to be something that has been a little lost for Miami. To become successful again, this is an understanding that Golden will have to forge with the local coaches and players and maybe, just maybe, Denver Kirkland discovering Miami was now out of room for him will be the change of events that alters the future.

My guess is that when the dust settles, Coach Harris, a great man who served on the other side of the fence as a trusted aide of Randy Shannon, will realize that he probably is mad because he didn't guide Kirkland the right way, if attending Miami really was the end game.

What was Al Golden supposed to do? Wait forever? The resources that go into recruiting kids are enormous even when they are home. Even with a local kid, an hour of Barrow's time is a valuable commodity when you are trying to put the finishing touches on a recruiting class. Were Miami coaches supposed to get on their knees and beg an 18-year-old kid, Kirkland or anybody else, to commit already? This is far from the blueprint taught in Recruiting 101.

Urban Meyer isn't going through this at Ohio State.

Mack Brown isn't at Texas. Heck at Texas, their 2014 recruiting class will be almost complete by March. Kids and their coaches in Texas understand that if you want to be a Longhorn and you get an offer, you better accept quickly and then shut down recruiting or else some other young man will grab that spot.

After what went down on Thursday, the word will be out that this is the case at Miami too, and it was a message that the Hurricanes badly needed delivered whether it was intentional or not.

None of what is going on in South Florida this year makes sense, but this is what the Fog of War does, it takes nonsensical things and brings them to life.

Yes something had to give and it did and now, in the future, people will know that even if they are from Miami that those Hurricane scholarships, worth about $250,000 each, won't sit there forever. You can't run a major college football program the other way anymore. Not now, not in these very competitive times.

I am not sure whether Kirkland will attend Florida State or Ole Miss or Arkansas. But I am sure that one way or the other, Thursday's events created long-lasting memories that will benefit Golden and the Hurricanes and also the future generations of young kids that come up through the Miami community and want to play for Miami.

Treat those Miami scholarships for what they are, golden tickets to a free education at one of the top private schools in America, a pathway into one of the greatest institutions and legacies in college football history.

Take that golden ticket when you can because if you don't someone else will.

It was a difficult night for Denver Kirkland, his coaches and his fans. But it was inevitable for things to unfold this way.

The ending: Not sure. I have learned that in this Fog of War, anything goes. Kirkland probably lands at Florida State, if the Noles don't run out of scholarships too.

I wouldn't even be shocked if in these final hours of recruiting, Miami suddenly finds itself with one open scholarship and there is a peace offering of sorts and Kirkland ends up at Miami and everybody lives happily ever after, just like a fairy tale. Maybe Matthew Thomas, his teammate, stands by his side.

But please don't ask me to put a percentage on that.
 4 years ago '05        #414
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
QB revolution: Trent Dilfer pegs Jameis Winston future No. 1 pick

February 1, 2013 - 10:33 AM

By Tim Graham
NEW ORLEANS -- Trent Dilfer already has his No. 1 overall draft choice slotted for 2015 or so.
"I know what's coming," Dilfer said Thursday in the Super Bowl XLVII media center. "I know the kid at Florida State, Jameis Winston, will be an absolute rock star.
"He'll be the first pick of the draft if the first pick goes to a team that wants to run the pistol, zone-read, have a passer. He's that kind of kid."
Dilfer, the Super Bowl-winning quarterback 12 years ago and ESPN analyst, also instructs high school and college players. He has seen a glimpse into the future, and he's convinced the pistol formation and read-option are here to stay and will change the game.
Sunday's quarterback matchup -- Baltimore Ravens pocket passer Joe Flacco versus San Francisco 49ers pistol-pilot Colin Kaepernick -- is symbolic of the crossroads.
In addition to Texas A&M hotshot Johnny Manziel (aka Johnny Football), Dilfer sees a smaller number of quarterbacks already on the pistol radar and a larger crop coming from the prep ranks behind them within the next five to 10 years.
"You got [Marcus] Mariota coming up, who's going to be a stud," Dilfer said. "Braxton Miller is developing as a passer. Teddy Bridgewater can do this."
NFL coaches have come around to the idea of adapting their offenses to fit their quarterbacks rather than forcing youngsters into an established pro system. The results for quarterbacks such as Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Russell Wilson and Kaepernick have been obvious.
"The standard guy, the Joe Flacco, the Peyton Manning, the Tom Brady -- the isolated-to-the-pocket guy -- you're going to see less of them," Dilfer said, "and you can tell by this year's draft grades coming out.
"Mike Glennon and Landry Jones are extremely talented passers. If they were in the [2008 draft] group, I can make an argument both of them would go before Flacco and [Matt] Ryan from a stature, arm-talent standpoint.
"But now they're looked at as, 'Eh, late first-round, second-round ...' because they don't do all this other stuff that we all love. Drafting the Flaccos of the world, you'll see them slide a little more, and you'll see that this year."
For more on the evolution of the modern NFL quarterback, check out my story Sunday in The Buffalo News.
 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM         #415
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Miami's Harry Potter team is ranked 2nd in the Nation. Sucks to be U.

The student newspaper of the University of Miami

The UM Quidditch team is the real deal. It is ranked second in the International Quidditch a.ssociation, just under Ball State University in an a.ssociation currently composed of 66 teams.

Alex Locust, a senior and co-founder of the club, is the headmaster of MQUM, which stands for Muggle Quidditch at the University of Miami. It is based on the game from the Harry Potter series.

“I am speechless to see the progress that we’ve made,” he said.

Locust, “an avid Harry Potter fan,” started MQUM with fellow classmate Samantha Sutliff. They thought it might be a fun idea, so they held meetings and received a surprising amount of interest.

The club was initially envisioned as a relaxed recreational club that would play pick-up games on the weekends. Instead, the team competed in the 2011 World Cup in only its second year of existence.

“I thought this would be a fun way to blow off some steam,” he said. “We were approved as a club sport last semester.”

The team has about 15 members competing and 25 students that come for the fun of the sport. MQUM is beginning the process of dividing the club into two teams, one competitive and one recreational so that more people can get involved.

Freshman Michelle Lock first joined MQUM because of her love for the Harry Potter series. She likes the idea of two teams because she enjoys playing Quidditch for fun.

“The recreational league opens up the group more. They can get more people to play,” she said. “Quidditch is intense because there are so many things going on at the same time. It’s difficult to watch, but once you know the rules and get used to it, it’s really fun.”

Lock described Quidditch as a combination of dodgeball, hide-and-seek and basketball.

Sophomore David Moyer, a seeker on the team, joined MQUM because he wanted something fun and athletic to do. After watching a practice for the first time, he was convinced.

“This is too ridiculous for me not to be a part of,” he said.

As a seeker, his job is to catch the snitch, who is a neutral player dressed in yellow who runs around the field waiting to be caught. The team that catches the snitch is awarded 150 points and the win.

Moyer describes the team as “an awesome combination of athletic and nerdy.” As for learning to run with a broom between their legs, he notes that it takes a brave individual to be able to do that regularly.

“It takes a specific type of person that has the guts to do something like that,” he said.

Once Locust graduates in May, he will leave behind a legacy through MQUM. He accomplished one of his main goals for the club when Quidditch became an official club sport. His other goal is ongoing.

“Convincing everyone else of the legitimacy of our sport is another goal,” he said. “A lot of people find it easy to point and laugh. Honestly, I see the difficulties of it when we’re running around on brooms and playing a sport derived from a children’s book.”

But, he said, “Quidditch has been an integral part of my time here at UM.”
 4 years ago '08        #416
space
space
 Manofwar9146 said:
@unclelukereal1: I've been f!ghting for UM all my life talking to coaches about giving Al a chance. Al has just committed suicide you don't do that to Ice.
Good sh*t. Preciate the updates
 4 years ago '05        #417
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
i gotcha on the video ill drop it after signing day......n i did email ya back yesterday
 4 years ago '05        #418
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
the whole kirkland thing has really changed sh*t.......i thought both woulda been miami bound until golden fu*ked him n BTW over.....

but then i remember who our oline coach is n get sad again.....nobody wants to play for his a.ss man damn
 4 years ago '08        #419
space
space
Our Oline has the chance to end with Wilson Bell, Ira Denson, Denver Kirkland, Ryan Hoefeld and if Tunsil ends up at Ole Miss its a chance Golson comes back
 02-01-2013, 03:29 PM         #420
Flo State 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago