Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (1 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '13        #4081
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 318 318
Five-Star ATH Adds Notre Dame Offer

Notre Dame is the latest to offer Riceboro (Ga.) Liberty County five-star athlete Richard LeCounte III.

The elite, class of 2017 recruit now holds offers from the Irish, Georgia, Ohio State, Auburn, Florida, Florida State and many others.

An electric two-way star, LeCounte makes plays all over the field. In the wildcat, he threw for 506 yards and 6 touchdowns on the year. At running back, he ran for 865 yards and 7 touchdowns. He also racked up 564 yards receiving and 4 more touchdowns. On defense, LeCounte totaled 100 tackles in the secondary, including 12 tackles for loss. He also had 2 sacks and 2 interceptions on the year.

Per the 247Sports Composite rankings, LeCounte is the No. 22 overall player in the country, No. 1 athlete in the nation and No. 2 prospect in Georiga from the class of 2017.
 1 year ago '13        #4082
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Recruiting Scoop:

Hopefully this edition of Recruiting Scoop will hold you over for the weekend:

— I’m expecting FSU, mainly Tim Brewster, to do some California recruiting next week. I have confirmed he’ll be out there starting Monday. I a.ssume he’ll see the three primary targets, Malik Henry, Brandon Burton and Wole Betiku. I’d say FSU has a much better shot at landing Burton than Betiku at this point.

— I’m told five-star ATH Mecole Hardman out of Georgia has been in contact with FSU for the past three weeks. He’s been talking with FSU a.ssistant Jay Graham. I’m waiting on word on whether or not a visit has been scheduled. He’s only taken two official visits so far and they were to Miami and Michigan.

Hardman impressed me recently, he did something I’ve never seen in my ten years of covering recruiting. Hardman publicly announced on Twitter that he was decommitting from his silent commitment that he never went public with. Who was he committed to? Well, he never said. I’m fairly certain it was Georgia based on a conversation I had back in August with a good source at UGA.

Hardman has reached out to a few schools, including UF over the past few weeks. Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama are heavily in the mix.

I’m told FSU likes him on both sides of the ball. Initially they liked him on defense, but a source told me last night that they probably wouldn’t want to take the ball out of the hands of a “weapon” like that. Basically, he’s a guy that FSU would want on the team and then figure out a position later.

Hardman was last at FSU two summers ago during camp. At this point no visit is planned. We’ll let you know if/when that happens.

— Early in the week FSU sent a crew to South Florida to see CB Trayvon Mullen and his mom. I’m told Charles Kelly, Odell Haggins, Bill Miller and Brad Lawing were there. It was an impactful visit with his family. FSU and his mom have a very strong relationship.

I’m told Trayvon is coming in this weekend because it’s something he wanted. FSU didn’t mind because it’s a quiet weekend. Expect Derwin James to host him. It should be a low-key visit since Mullen has been on the tours a couple times and seen everything there is to see. He’s there to relax and get a feel for what life is like as a student at FSU.

— FSU defensive coordinator Charles Kelly had a very productive inhome visit with DB Jayvaughn Myers on Wednesday evening. The same day Lawrence Dawsey stopped at Tampa Catholic for a visit with his brother Nate Craig-Myers.

I’m told Jayvaughn will likely visit in January on an official visit. Probably the same weekend as his brother. The exact date has not been set. UF still feels they have a chance to get him back on board, but as of now things seem to be trending FSU’s way.

— FSU is back in good graces with WR Nate Craig-Myers. I don’t expect a decision anytime soon, Craig-Myers has already stated that a decision won’t be made until mid-January or Signing Day. But Dawsey has FSU back in contention and within striking distance heading into the stretch run.

— The main defensive backs in play right now are Trayvon Mullen, Brandon Burton, Carlos Becker and Jayvaughn Myers. The staff liked the way Becker developed on the field and off this season. I’m told he bulked up a good bit and FSU considers him a take. The plan is to keep recruiting and taking quality DB’s until Jimbo Fisher tells the staff ‘enough’.

— We’ve talked a lot about instate LB Jonathan Jones this week after Chris Nee broke the story when Rick Trickett visited him on Monday. I’ve done some digging. FSU likes him a good bit, but I’m not sure he’s considered a take right now. FSU is still doing some evaluating. I think if he nails down a visit date and FSU is willing to bring him in on an official, then I think he would be considered a take. Right now I’d say that there is ‘mutual interest’ between the two parties. Notre Dame and Michigan are the teams recruiting him the hardest.

— On the offensive line FSU feels confident they’ll finish with one more and it’ll likely be one of the two between, Landon d!ckerson and Jauan Williams. Earlier today on the site Ryan Bartow reported that d!ckerson, whose already officially visited FSU, will likely return on January 16th with his mother. Jauan Williams is set to visit FSU officially next weekend.

— We’ll have more after this weekend of official visits is completed. I’m going to start posting shorter, but more frequent, Recruiting Scoops throughout the weeks between now and Signing Day.
 1 year ago '05        #4083
Chuck_Remixed 143 heat pts143
space
space
$15,764 | Props total: 374 374
 Semeautomatic said:
FSU's Dalvin Cook wins Jim Brown Award

Florida State sophomore running back Dalvin Cook was named the winner of the 2015 Jim Brown Award as the nation’s top running back, the Touchdown Club of Columbus announced on Friday.

Cook ranks second in the nation in rushing yards per game (150.7) and leads all Power 5 running backs with 7.9 yards per carry. For the season, the Miami native has an FSU-record 1,658 rushing yards and 19 total touchdowns, and joins Reggie Bush (2005) as the only Power 5 running backs with 1,600 rushing yards and a 7.9 yards per carry average in the last 35 years.

He tied a Seminole record with his eighth 100-yard rushing game this season last Saturday by totaling 183 yards and two touchdowns on the ground in the 27-2 victory at Florida. The Gators have the nation’s No. 7 rushing defense, but Cook gashed FSU’s rivals for 150 yards on 13 carries and both scores in the fourth quarter alone.

The 5-11, 200-pound running back is a frontrunner for the Heisman Trophy and All-America honors and is averaging an incredible 194.3 yards per game versus FBS teams with a winning record – the highest average in the nation by nearly 40 yards.

The prestigious Jim Brown Award will be presented during the 61st touchdown Cllub of Columbus on Awards on Feb. 6, 2016 at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion in Columbus, Ohio.
Well deserved
 1 year ago '13        #4084
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Robinson locks in another official

Panama City (Fla.) Bay four-star weak-side defensive end Janarius Robinson has taken official visits to Alabama and most recently Florida State. Now Robinson says he has locked in his third visit, to Florida, for next weekend (Dec. 11th).

The 6-foot-5.5, 260-pound defensive end is a long-time FSU pledge but has continued to entertain interest from the Crimson Tide and Gators, and to a lesser degree, Georgia.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball continues to remain heavily Garnet and Gold, but the Gators (17%) and Crimson Tide (8%) do claim some flip predictions.

Robinson is ranked No. 63 overall and as the No. 4 weak-side defensive end.
 1 year ago '13        #4085
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Gavin sets an official, looking to take two others

CRAWFORDVILLE, Fla. -- Wakulla defeated Clay 34-24 in the state semifinals for FHSAA Class 5A on Friday evening. Wide receiver Keith Gavin played a big role with five receptions for 94 yards and two touchdowns in the victory.

Gavin and his War Eagle teammates will now prepare to face Bishop Moore on Friday afternoon for a state championship.

"We worked hard, spring, summer, we have been working this whole time, all day, every day," Gavin said immediately after advancing to the state championship. "It means a lot. We worked four years for this. I finally got it now. I can't explain the feeling I've got right now. It hasn't hit me yet, but it is about to hit me soon.

Gavin, a former Florida State commitment, had two coaches from the nearby school watching his victory in-person - wide receivers coach and primary recruiter Lawrence Dawsey as well as defensive tackles coach Odell Haggins.

"I talked to them all week," Gavin said of the FSU coaches. "They told me they were going to come out to watch me. They told me they weren't going to miss this game. I think they stayed the whole game.

"That means a lot," Gavin added on them attending the game. "(Head) Coach Jimbo (Fisher) came (to a game earlier) this season. Coach Dawsey came. There is something they like about me I guess."

Gavin hasn't visited FSU in a while, but intends to get back to the nearby campus in the near future.

"I am not sure, but sometime real soon," Gavin said.

As for upcoming visits, only one is locked in right now.

"I am going to Bama next week (for my official), next Saturday I am going," Gavin said. "I don't know where else yet."

Gavin confirmed he still plans to see FSU and Georgia, in addition to his trip to Alabama, on official visits as well.

With regards to the Bulldogs, his communication with them has dwindled recently with the coaching change in Athens.

"It was me and (former head) Coach (Mark) Richt, we were talking a lot, but I haven't really talked to nobody since then, since he left or whatever," Gavin said. "We kept in touch like every week."

As for his official visit to FSU, it appears the 'hometown' team will get the last crack at him.

"I think they are probably going to be last," Gavin said.

A decision will come at some point after that visit to FSU.

"I think I am going to make my decision after the Under Armour Game," Gavin said. "Until then I want to get all my officials in. After I get that done, then I will have my decision made."

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball reads 59-41 for Alabama over FSU.

Gavin is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 139 player in the nation and No. 26 wide receiver.
 1 year ago '13        #4086
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Latest on Walker

Running back Kareem Walker (Wayne, N.J./De Paul Catholic) has now locked in Arizona State for his final official visit set for next weekend December 11-13 right before the Dead Period.

Walker will still take his fourth official, later today, to Florida State after his title game.

Walker is set to arrive in Tallahassee late this evening and will stay until Monday.

He’s already officially visited Michigan, Auburn and Alabama.

Walker plans to make his college choice sometime following the conclusion of all of his official visits as he’s an early enrollee.

When D.J. Durkin left to take the Maryland job this week that allowed Michigan to send its Director of Player of Personnel, Chris Partridge, on the road.

Arizona State Offensive Coordinator Mike Norvell accepted the Memphis head coaching position this week.

That means the Sun Devils will have Offensive Graduate a.ssistant Ken Dillingham on the road this week.

Dillingham has led the recruitment of Walker for over a year.

“I really like coach Kenny,” Walker said. “He’s a good guy. He’s always honest with me. Whether it’s with Arizona State or recruiting. You can ask him about other things and he’ll be 100-percent honest with you. Whether its on the good side of Arizona State or bad side but he never really down talks any school. Just being real on how the business goes.”

He, along with Arizona State coach Todd Graham and running backs coach Chip Long, will be in New Jersey Monday evening for an in-home visit with Walker.

Auburn running backs Tim Horton is at his game today and they plan to return later this week.

Michigan will be by the home Tuesday.

Florida State and Alabama plan to go by as well. The dates on their in-homes isn’t certain yet.

The Crystal Ball reads 71-percent for Michigan, 21-percent for Alabama, four-percent for Penn State and four-percent for Arizona State.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation’s No. 1 running back and the No. 2 prospect in New Jersey in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.
 12 months ago '15        #4087
Preacher Mane 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,308 | Props total: 3864 3864
Y'all happy with the Peach Bowl fellas?
 12 months ago '13        #4088
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Florida State & Mississippi State visit Florida commit

Last week, Florida State defensive coordinator Charles Kelly and Mississippi State defensive line coach David Turner visited Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County Top247 defensive end Antonneous Clayton, a current Florida commit. On Wednesday, Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins is expected to visit the talented 6-foot-3, 220-pound edge rusher.

Clayton picked the Gators over Florida State and Auburn in late October. He insists his pledge to Florida is still firm.

"I'm solid," Clayton said. "Over the months my relationship with UF grew more and more ever since the offer."

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Clayton as the nation's No. 104 overall prospect in the 2016 class.
 12 months ago '13        #4089
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
White visits Arkansas, announces new schedule for his decision

Springhill (La.) North Webster 4-star Devin White officially visited Arkansas this weekend and afterwards he talked about the visit.

"The visit was great,” White said. “Getting to spend a lot of time with the coaches and the players and especially Jared (Cornelius) he showed me a good time. It was a much needed visit coming up here because there was a lot of stuff I didn’t know about. I just felt comfortable up here so that was a good thing.”

White will see LSU next weekend. He also talked about becoming a midterm graduate and attending his new school in January. This means Florida State, Arkansas and LSU will get the only official visits. Ole Miss and Alabama are his other two favorites.

"I might not get to take them because I’m thinking about enrolling early," White said of Ole Miss and Alabama visits. "I've got LSU next weekend and that’s going to be my last one because I’m taking classes right now to come early."

Despite not visiting two of his favorites, that doesn't mean they are out of the running for his signature.

"I’m not going to be able to take the official to Ole Miss, but I’ve been there so much and I’ve been to Alabama so much,” White said. “Those were the only two schools that were my officials in January. I took the Florida State one and I’m taking the LSU one so I think I’m good enough that I can decide without an official because I’m so comfortable at all the schools, This one was much needed because I’ve only been up here three times so this was a good one.”

So when will a decision be made on your new school?

"Sometime in January before it’s time to enroll," White said.

His Crystal Ball is showing a strong lean for LSU.

Devin White North Webster

Where will Devin White commit to?

81% - LSU
12% - Ole Miss
8% - Bama
All Crystal Ball Predictions
Since the Arkansas visit was one he needed to take to be more prepared for a decision, what did he learn?

"I found out more about the system,” White said. “I watch Arkansas, but I never looked into the system how they use for the running backs completely. So I got to sit down with coach (Jemal) Singleton for awhile with my family and got to tour the campus again so they could see it. It was just a lot of good stuff."

Was the depth chart one of the biggest selling points for Arkansas?

"It’s one of the big things but not the only thing," White said. "They just tell me we’re like a family up here so you can come and be a part of something great. I mean that’s a good selling point too because every athlete wants to be a part of a family and they also want to play. So playing is kind of a good thing, but he told me we have other backs that’s going to compete for the spot too because they want the spot too so it will be all on you."

White's mother and grandmother drove up Friday night to see Arkansas as well.

They like it,” White said. “They say it’s a quiet place, it s good place to be and it’s basally it’s the only school up here and it’s everything. It’s like an NFL team and they like that too because the football team gets all of the attention and they just think it’s a great spot.”

What did the visit do for Arkansas’ chances?

"It put it up there even more because I was already considering Arkansas heavy” White said. “That’s the reason I brought a lot of my family members down because I wanted them to see this place. It’s a place I could possibly be here in the near future and I want them to be comfortable with it as well."

In addition to his mother and grandmother, his aunt, little sister and cousins all came as well.

White has a grade of 95 with the 247Composite, No. 93 in the Top247, No. 5 athlete in nation and No. 7 recruit in Louisiana in the Class of 2016
 12 months ago '13        #4090
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Preacher Mane said:
Y'all happy with the Peach Bowl fellas?
Well we have been projected to go to Atlanta for weeks now, so I'm definitely cool with that. It's a New Year's Six bowl and we play Houston which has a high powered Offense I know our Defense can stop with 3 weeks of prep to gameplan for. Very winnable game for us!

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 12-06-2015 at 03:35 PM..
 12 months ago '15        #4091
Preacher Mane 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,308 | Props total: 3864 3864
 Semeautomatic said:
Well we have been projected to go to Atlanta for weeks now, so I'm definitely cool with that. It's a New Year's Six bowl and we play Houston which has a high powered Offense I know out Defense can stop with 3 weeks of prep to gameplan for. Very winnable game for us!
Word. A New Year's Six bowl game on a rebuilding year is some good sh*t.
 12 months ago '13        #4092
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-star Wide Receiver Keith Gavin Details Visit Plans

4-star wide receiver Keith Gavin plans to visit three more schools before he commits.

Wakulla (Fla.) 4-star wide receiver Keith Gavin has narrowed down his list of schools, but that doesn't mean that his recruitment has slowed down. Florida State and Alabama are both coming hard after Gavin, and both will receive officials in the near future.
Gavin had a huge game for Wakulla against Clay High School on Friday night with two touchdowns including a 52-yard reception. His performance helped the War Eagles lock in their spot for the State Championship game next Friday. Florida State coaches Lawrence Dawsey and Odell Haggins were at the game watching him. That's the second time this season that the Seminoles have come to see Gavin play.
"It means a lot," Gavin said. "Coach Jimbo came this season. Coach Dawsey came. There's something that they like about me I guess."
After the State Championship game, Gavin will be heading straight to Alabama to start his official visit with the Crimson tide. That's the only official visit he has scheduled, but he will also take official visits to Florida State and Georgia.
Gavin doesn't know exactly when he will make the decision, but he's got an idea.
"I think I'm going to make my decision after the Under Armour game," Gavin said. "Until then I want to get all of my officials in. So after I get that done then I'll have my decision made."
Despite decommitting from Florida State earlier in the cycle, the Seminoles remain one of the top schools for Gavin. They will likely get his last official visit before he commits.
"I think they're probably going to be the last," Gavin said. "If not, the second after Alabama."
Gavin listed Georgia as a school he would like to visit, but after head coach Mark Richt was fired the Bulldogs haven't been in contact with him. This looks like it will remain a Florida State-Alabama battle all the way to signing day.
 12 months ago '13        #4093
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Preacher Mane said:
Word. A New Year's Six bowl game on a rebuilding year is some good sh*t.
Yeah and most people thought we would lose between 2-4 games this year so I'm definitely okay with a New Years Six Bowl on a supposed rebuilding year. And just think we could've easily won the games we lost and be undefeated right now playing in the playoffs.
 12 months ago '04        #4094
FLORIDA_BOY407 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,617 | Props total: 172 172
Im happy cuz its A new year six bowl i wanted dem to c*m to the citus bowl only cuz i stay orlando n i would have been there but ill be at the spring game and the opening game next year to support my boyz
 12 months ago '15        #4095
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 1018 1018
I was hoping for something in FL. I wanted to drive my boys to Orlando since I'm about 3 hrs away. I guess we'll probably jit the Noles/cane game. I'm pleased w/ the peach tho. Not bad at all being that everybody thought we would be roadkill this yr.
 12 months ago '13        #4096
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU set to return to Hall's home

Florida State is set to return to the home of Washington (D.C.) St. John's College four-star weak-side defensive end Terrell Hall for the second time in a little over a week.

Hall told Noles247.com on Sunday evening that he expects defensive ends coach Brad Lawing, as well as possibly head coach Jimbo Fisher, for an in-home visit on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound defensive end is set to officially visit FSU this coming weekend.

Here is what Hall had to say about last week's visit from FSU.

Alabama leads the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball with 81-percent of predictions.

Hall is ranked as the No. 86 prospect and No. 6 weak-side defensive end in the 247Sports.com Composite.
 12 months ago '13        #4097
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: FSU to watch Gavin compete for State Title

Noles247 has learned that Florida State a.ssistant coaches will be in Orlando on Friday to watch top wide receiver target Keith Gavin and his Wakulla team play for a State Championship.

FSU receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey was also at Gavin's game last Friday when he caught 5 passes for 94 yards and a touchdown in a semifinal win over Clay. Wakulla will now face Bishop Moore this Friday at 1 p.m.

A source told Noles247 this morning that the biggest threat to FSU's chances at landing Gavin comes from Alabama. They're the main reason Gavin decommitted from FSU in the first place and they haven't backed off this fall.

Gavin has set an official visit to Alabama for this weekend. He'll likely take trips to FSU and possibly Georgia in January. A decision is expected after his official visits conclude.
 12 months ago '13        #4098
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Devin Bush sets announcement date

Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan four-star inside linebacker Devin Bush Jr. has set an announcement date.

Devin Bush Jr™ – ‏@_Dbush11

It's about that time I will making my college decision Dec 16th Thank Everyone for the support throughout this whole recruiting process❗️����
8:43 AM - 7 Dec 2015

Bush Jr., who is an early enrollee, has been considering Auburn, Florida State and Michigan. He has officially visited the Tigers and Seminoles, and taken multiple unofficial visits to each of the three schools too.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball reads 71-percent for FSU, 21-percent for Michigan, and 7-percent for Auburn with the 5-foot-11, 226-pound linebacker.

Bush Jr. is ranked as the No. 230 prospect in the nation and No. 11 inside linebacker by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 12 months ago '13        #4099
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Latest on Ricky Aguayo

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy three-star kicker Ricky Aguayo is set to take his official visit to Florida State this weekend.

The long-time Seminole commitment confirms to Noles247.com that he has handled his paperwork to be an early enrollee and will join the Seminoles in January of 2016.

Special teams coordinator Jay Graham dropped in on Aguayo and company on Saturday for a visit. Aguayo also states they are working on scheduling an in-home visit with Jimbo Fisher for the near future.

Aguayo is ranked as the No. 8 kicker in the nation by the 247Sports.com Composite.
 12 months ago '13        #4100
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
4-star CB flips OV from Clemson to Louisville

Trayvon Mullen was scheduled to make an official visit to Clemson this weekend, but the Pompano Beach (FL) instead will visit ACC Atlantic Division rival Louisville.

Mullen, rated the No. 3 cornerback by 247Sports, will play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl game with Louisville quarterback recruit Jawon Pass.

Mullen, who has already visited TCU and Florida State, told InsideTheVille he will reschedule his trip to Clemson next month. He’ll also visit LSU, the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite, the week before signing day.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy