Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '05        #381
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
guess you missed our first BCS bowl win in a decade....also 12 wins, you know how Miami gets 12 wins? combine your last 2 seasons
 4 years ago '05        #382
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 2 2
 MRS. RONDO said:
guess you missed our first BCS bowl win in a decade....also 12 wins, you know how Miami gets 12 wins? combine your last 2 seasons
 01-30-2013, 05:24 AM         #383
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Like I said would happen two days ago...it's official, Bellamy decommits. A lot of scouts are saying he won't get on the field for another year or two no matter what school he goes to. They're saying he needs to put on weight and grow up off the field. Bet yea, this class sucks compared to the last 3 years.
 01-30-2013, 05:32 AM         #384
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Just so yall know, I feel Wilson Bell is wwwwaaaaayyyyy better than Kirkland. I've watched his film and he's just a late bloomer. We at UCF knew we were getting a steal until he decommitted. He didn't go to camps or anything like that which hurt his stock and he didn't have as good of coaches as Kirkland but he's stronger, has better feet, better frame and is more mobile. Kirkland plays in Miami and has had good exposure so he's rated higher but I would take Wilson Bell first honestly, just my 2 cents
Thanks for a positive note. How you guys lookin for next year?

Recruiting is always an emotional roller coaster but I don't remember having this many decommits in a long time. We always have some but I don't remember having this many in one year. Stevens, Burns, Shelton, Bain, Senat, Morgan, Golson, Bellamy, and I'm probably missing a few more. We better make it happen on the field this year or we're in trouble. I'm actually kind of anxious to see how the offense will look this year with a new QB. I would like to see Coker get the start but I think Jimbo's relationship with Rick Trickett will come into play in his decision.

Last edited by TJ7; 01-30-2013 at 06:16 AM..
 01-30-2013, 06:12 AM         #385
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ira Denson is taking an official visit to Miami
 4 years ago '05        #386
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
f*ggot a.ss eddie jackson committed to bama........we were the first major school to offer your bum 2 star a.ss bi*ch......just used us like a spruill ave hooker.....talkin bout we his dream offer but drops us for LSU n Bama........pus*y
 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM         #387
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RB Gus Edwards

Florida State has made Edwards their priority over the last two weeks and it seems that there is little chance he'll stick to his commitment to Syracuse. Edwards is visiting Miami the weekend before Signing Day. New Miami offensive coordinator James Coley will make this interesting as he was Edwards' primary recruiter while he was at FSU.

Final Prediction: Florida State (65% confidence)

RB Jonathan Ford

Florida State offered on Sunday, did an in-home visit with him on Monday and he decommitted from Vanderbilt that night. Florida State has a shot to get him in on a visit this weekend, but as of now nothing is set. His most recent official visit was to Auburn.

Final Prediction: Auburn (52% confidence)
 4 years ago '08        #388
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
This has the biggest group of pussies Jimbo has ever recruited.
 4 years ago '08        #389
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
fu*k this 2013 class.

We lead for a 5* 2014 OT named Damien Prince. He's cool with EJ Levenberry, I believe they're cousins. He's considering committing
 4 years ago '08        #390
space
space
Also 2014 5* Kain Daub and 4* Justin Thorton are going to be on campus this weekend. Many expect Thorton to commit this weekend, he loves Pruitt and this is Daub's 2nd trip to FSU this month, he's from Jacksonville ur loves Pruitt too
 4 years ago '10        #391
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
That's why I'm not that worried with 2013...it's a good class with some talent--not elite--but solid.

Last edited by kNOLES; 01-30-2013 at 07:35 PM..
 01-31-2013, 06:25 AM         #392
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FSU has offered 2* DE Davarez Bryant
 4 years ago '05        #393
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
WOO MAN WHAT A CLASS
 01-31-2013, 07:55 AM         #394
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. A year ago, there wasn't a lot of mystery looming over spring practice at Florida State. Signing day brought another crop of highly regarded talent, and spring practice storylines included more injuries than marquee position battles.

That won't be the case this year as a rash of departures from both a.ssistant coaches and underclassmen mean the signing class is still in flux and the depth chart has plenty of spots up for grabs.

So, as the Seminoles' spring kicks into high gear, here are the five departures that have left the biggest voids that will need to be filled over the next few months.

1. Quarterback

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Phil Sears
Jacob Coker's size and athletic ability will be big factors in FSU's QB competition.Going: EJ Manuel ended a five-year tenure in Tallahassee with a mixed reputation among the fans. Among NFL scouts, however, things seem a bit more uniform. Manuel starred at last week's Senior Bowl, and with NFL teams increasingly interested in versatile quarterbacks capable of running the read option, Manuel's pro prospects look brighter.

Coming: FSU has a deep reserve of QB talent in Clint Trickett, Jacob Coker and Jameis Winston. The question is which one of them can take over the job on a full-time basis. Trickett enters spring practice atop the depth chart, but Coker and Winston have too much talent to cede the job without a f!ght.

2. Right tackle

Going: Menelik Watson's time at Florida State amounted to only about eight months, but he made his presence felt. The junior college transfer anchored FSU's offensive line in 2012, and since announcing his intentions to enter the NFL draft -- something of a surprise to FSU coaches -- his profile has steadily increased. Several recent mock drafts have Watson as a first-round selection.

Coming: The obvious answer at right tackle would be Bobby Hart, who started eight games there as a freshman before being relegated to a reserve role last season. Hart's maturity, attitude and relationship with line coach Rick Trickett have all been called into question at times, however, making him anything but a safe bet to win the job. Further complicating matters, FSU lost one of its top recruits in Austin Golson, leaving just two commitments in what was supposed to be a big offensive line class.

3. Kicker

Going: Dustin Hopkins left Florida State as the school, conference and NCAA leader in scoring among kickers. He'll likely be the first kicker selected in the NFL draft, and while special teams don't get a ton of attention during the spring, his absence will be one of the most visible vacancies on the roster.

Coming: Enter freshman Roberto Aguayo, who figured to grayshirt in 2012 before a scholarship opened up at the last minute. He earned strong reviews from Hopkins throughout the season -- Hopkins said Aguayo was ahead of where he had been as a true freshman -- but it'll be a tough act to follow.

4. Defensive end

ESPN's NoleNation
Join the discussion about all things Florida State football and recruiting, exclusively for NoleNation fans in Tomahawk Talk.

Going: Bjoern Werner could become the highest drafted player in Florida State history, and Brandon Jenkins and Cornellius Carradine also figure to do well in April's NFL draft. All of that adds up to a ton of talent lost at the position. Werner and Carradine were the most prolific pair of teammates in the nation in 2012 when it came to sacks.

Coming: Mario Edwards Jr. appeared to lock up a starting job when he filled in for an injured Carradine in FSU's final two games, but the opposite side of the line is a mystery. Giorgio Newberry failed to progress as coaches hoped in 2012, and Chris Casher battled injuries throughout the season. FSU also appears to be losing out on four-star end Davin Bellamy, who appears headed elsewhere after being a Seminoles commitment since August.

5. Fullback

Going: Lonnie Pryor never became a household name nationally, but through four years of selfless play, every Florida State fan had a soft spot for the versatile fullback. Like Hopkins and Werner, he figures to be the top available player at his position in the NFL draft, and after turning in a career-best performance on the ground in 2012, he's shown he's more than just a blocker.

Coming: What makes this roster vacancy so intriguing is that there isn't an obvious replacement. James Wilder Jr. certainly has the physical presence to do the job, but he's said he isn't particularly interested in a switch. Nick O'Leary figures to get more work at H-back, and Jimbo Fisher said he plans to employ more two-tight end sets. The bottom line is that, while Pryor might not have had the biggest role in FSU's offense, he could be the least-replaceable player on the roster.
 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM         #395
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What kind of explanation is this?

Just a few days ago, ESPN 300 defensive end Davin Bellamy (Chamblee, Ga./Chamblee) had a good idea of where he might want to go. Tuesday night, things had changed for the 6-foot-4, 235-pound pass-rusher.

Late Tuesday, Bellamy announced his decision to decommit from Florida State, where he had been committed since last August.

“I felt like I did not need any more on my plate, because I already have a tough decision,” Bellamy said. “I think we mutually parted ways some time ago, because I could not build that same relationship like I had with Dameyune Craig. It just got to a point where I did not want Florida State to not be able to go out and find another defensive end.”
 4 years ago '05        #396
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
supposedly a DE committed im guessin its '14 Thornton from Alabama
 4 years ago '05        #397
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
"I'm with you, I've talked to a current coach at Atlantic, he's not so sure about Bryant's decission. I have a feeling he goes with UM, I hope not, but I just do." - on Keith Bryant
 01-31-2013, 10:46 AM         #398
eramos4817 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It isn't time to panic...yet
January, 31, 2013
JAN 31
10:00
AM ET
By Corey Dowlar | ESPN.com

Florida State fans are frustrated with this 2013 recruiting class.

Compared to what they have grown accustomed to over the past couple of cycles, it's understandable.

Corey Long/ESPN.com
A strong start to the 2014 class, led by RB Joseph Yearby, should calm some anxiety abou the state of FSU recruiting.
There aren't 10 ESPN 150 members. There aren't 10 ESPN 300 members.

Commitments are flipping to other schools, or just decommitting altogether -- not that it makes any difference where they end up and when they do it if they aren't coming to Tallahassee.

But this kind of fallout should have been expected, at least to some degree. No recruiting class can completely survive the loss of six coaches, and Seminoles fans understand that for the most part.

Too many relationships that have existed for more than a year vanish. And new a.ssistants, as quality as they might prove to be, just don't have the time to make up lost ground.

There is some hope, though. Not this year, as the Class of 2013 won't finish up to expectations, but there are some quality players in it.

That's not what fans should cling to.

The 2014 class Florida State is putting together looks promising -- real promising. All seven commitments from the junior group are on the ESPN Watch List, a list made to identify potential ESPN 150 and ESPN 300 candidates.

The underclassmen haven't strayed despite all of the coaching changes. Because they don't sign for another year, the new staff will have their chance to pitch the program and themselves.

Should they retain most, or all, of the 2014 commitments, and continue at the pace they've set, Florida State's next haul will be just fine.

So while this 2013 class won't finish in the top two like in previous years, and maybe not even in the top 10, there are some signees that will definitely contribute and even go on to be impact players.

But the most fortunate thing about this situation is two-fold.

Jimbo Fisher has a stocked roster already. Even though the Seminoles will lose a couple of mainstays to the NFL this year, there is talent in the wings. Coupled with a strong class behind it, the program will get on just fine.

As long as those two scenarios are in place, the latter being the most important and most subject to change, there isn't a need to panic just yet.
 4 years ago '05        #399
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
if we could get 1 player on signing day who would it be? id wanna pull thomas just because it would break all them miami f*ggots hearts
 4 years ago '08        #400
space
space
Austin Droogsma is going to FSU for track and field. Said he plans to play football once he gets here ^6' 5" 305 pounds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago