most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '13        #3961
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,475 | Props total: 336 336
Fisher: No comment on LSU

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher was asked about the possibility of LSU coach Les Miles being dismissed and Fisher then becoming a potential candidate.

"I have no comment on that," Fisher said. "I have a policy: I don't speak about jobs. That's unfair to the players that are there, the players that are here. The coaches there and here. And there is no job opening."

Fisher was LSU's quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator from 2000-06, first under Nick Saban and then under Miles. He left LSU for FSU in 2007 as offensive coordinator and was later named head-coach-in-waiting before he took over for Bobby Bowden in January 2010.

Now in his sixth year as FSU's head coach, where he has won a national title and three ACC titles. He has a 67-13 record (83.8 winning percentage) since he took over as FSU's head coach before the 2010 season. Among wins in the FBS since 2010, Fisher trails only Saban's 68 victories at Alabama.

The 50-year-old Fisher has a long-term contract with FSU through the 2022 season that also features a $5 million buyout through Dec. 31, 2016.

Fisher said Monday that he understands the topic will come up, and will be something that recruits will ask him.

"When somebody asks you in recruiting, to me I look at it as a positive," Fisher said. "That means we’re doing things right here. That means people like what we’re doing. They’re encouraged by what we’re doing, they think we have the right folks.

"And then you ask the recruit, those other schools recruiting you, ‘Nobody wants their coach?’ Maybe somebody wants you, maybe you’re coming to a good place when you come here. ... I’m always straight up and honest but I’m never going to be disrespectful to anybody."

Fisher also commented that Syracuse's Scott Shafer had been dismissed earlier in the day, bringing the total to 13 openings in the Football Bowl Subdivision (nine of them at Power 5 schools). And he said "it's the nature of the business" for schools to not have patience with college football coaches.

"I've never seen a year like this year," Fisher said. "There are so many jobs and situations out there."
 1 year ago '13        #3962
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
FSU Monday Practice Update

The latest from Florida State practice.

Out: Running back Mario Pender is absent.

Tight end Mavin Saunders is not a full participant. He was walking around as an onlooker.

Linebacker Ro'Derrick Hoskins is not participating.

Observations: Fullback Freddie Stevenson is back in action. He is in blue.

Running back Dalvin Cook is a full participant.

Running back Johnathan Vickers is participating in blue.

Wide receiver George Campbell has a right knee brace on. He has a bone bruise. He is participating.

Starting five on offensive line is the same as Saturday, except Chad Mavety has a left knee brace on and is limited. Brock Ruble took first-team snaps. Mavety was working out, but not with first team.

Linebacker Reggie Northrup participating in blue.

Second-team linebackers are Sh'mar Kilby-Lane and Lorenzo Phillips.

Speaking: A few players are set to speak afterwards.
 1 year ago '13        #3963
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Fisher updates Hoskins' status on Monday

Florida State redshirt sophomore linebacker Ro'Derrick Hoskins left Saturday's game with a knee injury.

Head coach Jimbo Fisher spoke on his status during his Monday press conference.

"Much better than we thought," Fisher said. "That door is still open. He may sit out today, but he is walking around on his on his own. He is moving around a lot better. Very excited about that."

Fisher added that Hoskins would likely miss practice on Monday.

Hoskins has appeared in 11 games and started six. He is tied for third on the team with 52 tackles (31 solo), 6.5 tackles for loss, and two passes defended.
 1 year ago '04        #3964
FLORIDA_BOY407 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,619 | Props total: 175 175
Fisher better not leave us even doe ion like his play calling sometimes he is still the best coach for us
 1 year ago '13        #3965
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 FLORIDA_BOY407 said:
Fisher better not leave us even doe ion like his play calling sometimes he is still the best coach for us
I don't think he would leave just my opinion (or atleast if I was him, I wouldn't (no shade thrown at LSU's way cause I actually like LSU). FSU is paying him $5 mill a yr unless LSU antis up and pay near Saban's numbers. And I don't see that with them having to pay $15-20 mill for a buyout for Miles. And honestly I know LSU is an SEC job but why would you go there and struggle and be on the hot seat if you can't beat Bama when you already in a Power 5 conference at a school where with your recruiting are competing with the likes of the SEC West Powerhouses (classes in the top 5 every year), winning conference titles every year & already played in National Championship and won and played in the playoffs last yr and if they win Saturday they are talking New Years Six Bowl for us. You got the facilities and some of the best in the country, a school that will do whatever you want, so in the end I think he will stay.

Last edited by Semeautomatic; 11-23-2015 at 07:57 PM..
 1 year ago '13        #3966
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Heisman Conversation Update: Cook by the Numbers (Interesting Read)

Alabama’s Derrick Henry is the man of the hour when it comes to the Heisman Trophy conversation. Florida State’s Dalvin Cook has also been brought up but not nearly as much as Henry or even Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey.

After Saturday’s performances, Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliot should be out of the top five contenders while McCaffery is moving up.

Henry had 68 yards on 9 carries with two touchdowns on Saturday. Cook had 106 yards on 15 carries with two touchdowns. McCaffrey ran for 192 yards on 29 carries and zero touchdowns.

Here is a look at Cook by the numbers.

Number of Games Played:
Cook- 10
Henry-11
McCaffrey- 11
*Cook made only two attempts during Florida State’s game against Wake Forest. Cook also left early for multiple games this year.

Rush Attempts:
Cook-185
Henry- 249
McCaffrey- 260

Rushing Yards:
Cook-1475 yds.
Henry-1526 yds.
McCaffrey- 1546 yds.

Average Yards Per Carry:
Cook- 8.0
Henry- 6.1
McCaffrey- 5.9

Receiving Yards:
Cook- 207 yds.
Henry- 97 yds.
McCaffrey- 416 yds.

Total Yards:
Cook- 1682 yds.
Henry-1623 yds.
McCaffrey- 1962 yds.

Longest Run:
Cook- 94 yds.
Henry- 74 yds.
McCaffrey- 70 yds.

Statistics from ESPN.com

As if the numbers didn’t speak for themselves, remember that Cook has been battling a lingering Hamstring injury and ankle issue this season. If Cook had the same number of attempts as Henry, the Seminole would total 1,992 rushing yards. If the ‘Nole had the same number as McCaffrey, he would total 2080.

The fact that Henry has only 51 more rushing yards than Cook on 64 more attempts is a staggering statistic. McCaffrey has decent stats but it is important to pay attention to the strength of the opponent’s defense. For example, FSU has played two of the top ten total defenses (Boston College and Clemson) while Stanford hasn’t played any top ten defenses.

Cook is a dynamic player with long runs and multiple receiving plays. He is more efficient in yards per carry than every other Heisman running back contender.

The award has gone to quarterbacks for the past five years and the honor is often awarded to the best player on a top-5 team. However to keep up with the trophy’s prestige, the Heisman should be awarded to the best player. Period.
 1 year ago '08        #3967
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,627 | Props total: 258 258
fisher gets me nervous. that divorce might have him wantin to get outta town and away from bad memories or somethin. of course hes gonna have that same situation at LSU since he used to coach there too so idk. scariest thing is LSU is actually serious about maybe firing miles. makes me think they already got fisher locked up.

but texas had way more cash and he turned em down hard. whats the pitch LSU is gonna hit him with? come win 3 sec titles and a national title, but we'll fire you the second you lose 3 in a row. im hopin the only reason hes flirtin is to get more $$$ from fsu
 1 year ago '13        #3968
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Feleipe Franks: Where Things Stand

With Florida four-star quarterback Feleipe Franks set to enroll early in college this January, all eyes are on the LSU commitment as he navigates through the end of his recruitment process. Will he stick with the Tigers or go elsewhere? We take a closer look at where things stand.

Feleipe Franks

No. 5 Pro-Style QB, No. 7 prospect in Florida, No. 37 in the country

Commitment Status: LSU commitment (6/1/2014)

Biggest Competition: Florida and Florida State

2016 QB Depth Charts:

LSU … Anthony Jennings - Sr.
Brandon Harris - Jr.
Danny Etling - Jr.
Justin McMillan - RS Fr.

Florida … Treon Harris - Jr.
Luke Del Rio - RS Jr.
Will Grier - RS So. (6-game suspension)
Kyle Trask - Fr.

FSU … Sean Maguire - Sr.
J.J. Cosentino - So.
Deondre Francois - RS Fr.
Malik Henry - Fr.

Recent Timeline: Franks spent some extended time in Baton Rouge for LSU’s football camp this summer, then made a couple trips to Baton Rouge for games across the opening stretch of the 2015 season. On Oct. 10, Franks made his first visit elsewhere, making an unofficial visit to Florida State to watch the Seminoles in a 29-24 win over Miami. The following weekend, Franks and his parents made the drive to Baton Rouge to watch LSU in a 35-28 win over Florida. Then, Franks made his first visit to Gainesville since 2013, making an unofficial visit to The Swamp on Nov. 7 to watch the Gators secure the SEC East title with a 9-7 win over Vanderbilt. The Gators were on the road the following week, but when UF returned to Gainesville this past weekend, Franks was there again, making a second unofficial visit to see Florida get an overtime win over Florida Atlantic.

What’s Next: Franks and Wakulla High are still in the state playoffs, which means his Friday nights will be booked until further notice. The state title game is held on Friday, Dec. 11, which would also be the final weekend that Franks could make any college visits before the dead period sets in and coaches can no longer meet face-to-face with recruits. That being said, Franks has confirmed with numerous outlets that he plans to make another visit to Florida this weekend as the Gators are set to host Florida State. It’s unclear at this point whether or not the Nov. 28 visit is an official visit or unofficial visit, but sources have confirmed that the Gators are pressing for a third-straight unofficial visit, meaning they would still be in the mix for an official visit from Franks in December. If Franks does not make an official visit to Florida this weekend, there would only be one other weekend available for Franks and his family to make an official visit to Gainesville: Dec. 11-13. Franks is currently scheduled to travel to LSU for his official visit that weekend (again, the final weekend before the dead period sets in), but the visit could be rescheduled to fit Florida into that weekend, instead. Reason being, the Gators won’t be able to host Franks and his family on an official visit the weekend after the regular season ends (Dec. 4-6) because Florida will be playing in the SEC Championship game. We could see Franks move his LSU visit up to Dec. 4-6, then visit another school - presumably the Gators - on Dec. 11-13. If that swap is made, we feel it would be very telling, and a flip would likely be imminent. But as of late Sunday night, a source confirmed with the Geaux247 staff that Franks’ official visit to LSU was still on for Dec. 11-13. Franks is scheduled to enroll at the college of his choice in January following his appearance in this year’s Army All-American Bowl.

What Franks said: Following his first-round playoff win earlier this month, Franks caught up with 247Sports and shared the following thoughts on his recruitment and the three teams still in the mix.

"I am taking it day by day, talking about official visits or just an official visit. I don’t even know yet. I’m just talking to my parents about when we can get free, because my dad has a lot of military duty coming up. I’m just trying to get a weekend where we can get all of us down there.”

"I honestly look at it the same way with everyone. How the team responds, how I get along with teammates and how the academics are at the school. It’s not really about the necessity for a quarterback. And that’s kind of weird coming from a quarterback. But I am looking more at the little things, like do I get along with the players and coaches and things like that.”

"I’m going to just check out the atmospheres. LSU has a great atmosphere. I am just going to watch games until I can’t anymore, when I couldn’t go watch a Florida game or an LSU game - that sort of thing. I am just enjoying it while I can."

"Like I have always said and my parents have always said, it didn’t matter how far or close the school is. I am just going to look at the little things. It doesn’t really matter to me in-state or out-of-state. I am going to go where I love, and my parents will support that. That’s all I need is my parents support and my family. It’s my decision, obviously.”

"After the Army game (I will enroll in a college). Like I said, I am still committed to LSU. But sometime in December (I will know a final decision). I wouldn’t really say it would take something significant (to change my mind). It’s not like I can say this or this has to happen. I just have to fall in love with the school. My heart would have to tell me to go there.”

What 247 Says:

Luke Stampini … UF Insider: "There has long been chatter about Franks secretly considering the Florida Gators under the new coaching staff, but we could never find any concrete info to back that buzz. When Jim McElwain’s first visit of the bye week was to the LSU commit’s school, it was a sign that Florida felt better about their chances than what Franks was giving away publicly. Ultimately, that surprise visit to Gainesville for the Vanderbilt game was enough to get me to put in a ‘flip’ prediction on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. I feel more confident with that pick after hearing that confidence on Florida’s side continues to grow following Franks’ latest trip to Gainesville."

Josh Newberg … FSU Insider: "I think Franks has been trending heavily toward UF over the past three or four weeks. Florida State has also been involved. The coaching uncertainty at LSU and the quarterback uncertainty at UF seems like the formula for a flip."

Shea Dixon … LSU Insider: “There’s been smoke surrounding Franks’ commitment to LSU for more than a month, and now Franks has even come out and admitted that he’s taking a final look around to make sure he’s making the right decision. His actions - visiting UF twice in two weeks with at least one more visit coming - speak loudly, and it’s evident the Gators have his attention more than ever. What hamstrings LSU right now is uncertainty with the coaching staff, with reports swirling that Les Miles is on the hot seat - not to mention Franks’ two LSU recruiters in Cam Cameron and Bradley Dale Peveto. If LSU can hold onto the final visit on Dec. 11-13, that might be their lone hope of keeping Franks committed in the 11th hour. All things considered, it’s not trending in the right direction for LSU."

Crystal Ball: The 247Sports Crystal Ball has moved in Florida’s direction over the past few weeks, with the Gators now holding 42-percent of the 12 predictions. LSU is checking in at 33-percent, with Florida State fading at 25-percent.

Feleipe Franks Wakulla

Where will Feleipe Franks commit to?

42% - UF
33% - LSU
25% - FSU
 1 year ago '13        #3969
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
The reality of the Franks decommit

Feleipe Franks is one of the most talented quarterbacks in the class of 2016 with as high of a ceiling as just about anybody. But Franks was no savior for LSU. The struggles that LSU has had in its passing offense under Cam Cameron weren't going to disappear with the arrival of Franks. He was and is going to need some seasoning and some development. He's got first round NFL talent but he's at least two years away from being an effective college starter.

In that sense, Franks' decommitment from LSU is not devastating, at least in the short term. He's not Jacob Eason, Shea Patterson or Brandon Peters, guys that could potentially step on campus and compete for the starting job on day one. He's a long term play. So LSU will win or lose in 2016 with what they have on their roster currently. But the pressure is still on the Tigers to respond and respond effectively.

True freshman Justin McMillan is not a long term answer at LSU and currently the Tigers don't have a quarterback commit in the class of 2016. They need to land one and land a competent one. Regardless of who the coach is in Baton Rouge, two consecutive classes without an elite-level passer in the SEC will sting.
 1 year ago '13        #3970
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Feleipe Franks backs off LSU pledge

Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla Top247 quarterback Feleipe Franks announced his decommitment from LSU Monday night on Twitter. The 6-foot-6, 220-pound signal caller has visited Florida's past two home games and plans to attend his third in a row this coming Saturday when the Gators host Florida State.

For about a month now I have been talking with LSU about decommitting. I have given this process a lot of thought and feel it's only best for me to make my decommitment public. I want to thank the LSU coaches, staff and the amazing fans for all of their support. - @18franks - Feliepe Franks

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Franks as the nation's No. 45 overall prospect and the No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the 2016 class.
 1 year ago '13        #3971
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 rfessler1 said:
fisher gets me nervous. that divorce might have him wantin to get outta town and away from bad memories or somethin. of course hes gonna have that same situation at LSU since he used to coach there too so idk. scariest thing is LSU is actually serious about maybe firing miles. makes me think they already got fisher locked up.

but texas had way more cash and he turned em down hard. whats the pitch LSU is gonna hit him with? come win 3 sec titles and a national title, but we'll fire you the second you lose 3 in a row. im hopin the only reason hes flirtin is to get more $$$ from fsu
I think if he did leave it would be for Saban like money and control, or a new start after the divorce. Although, I know FSU boosters will shell out big $ to keep him in Tally. If he stays, we could easily pick up a lot of players on their commit list or main targets like Saivion Smith, Shavar Manuel, Trayvon Mullen, Feliepe Franks (who decommitted tonight), Michael Divinity and various others. At FSU he's got stadium upgrades coming, just got the new IPF, new dorms for players, new locker room, new meeting rooms, nutritional center and other things for players, etc., etc. So honestly his program is on the up and up and he has the best of the best that the boosters, fans & alumni have provided him and I see it as no reason to leave. Like Mike Belloti just said on ESPNU, why would Jimbo leave. He has a winnable conference in the power 5, he's in a hot recruiting bed, he's got everything he's needed for his players and staff that he's asked for and needed and he's won titles there. He saw no reason to leave FSU especially if he went and did the same thing as Les at LSU he would be canned in a few years. Best to stay put!
 1 year ago '14        #3972
PSLNOLE 
space
space
space
$8 | Props total: 7 7
 Semeautomatic said:
Feleipe Franks backs off LSU pledge

Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla Top247 quarterback Feleipe Franks announced his decommitment from LSU Monday night on Twitter. The 6-foot-6, 220-pound signal caller has visited Florida's past two home games and plans to attend his third in a row this coming Saturday when the Gators host Florida State.

For about a month now I have been talking with LSU about decommitting. I have given this process a lot of thought and feel it's only best for me to make my decommitment public. I want to thank the LSU coaches, staff and the amazing fans for all of their support. - @18franks - Feliepe Franks

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Franks as the nation's No. 45 overall prospect and the No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the 2016 class.
Definitely not feeling that news.
 1 year ago '15        #3973
Milk Bone 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,678 | Props total: 1051 1051
Not gon lie this Jimbo sh!t got me nervous. lsu seems too confident that they already have him. I'm hoping his name is being used as a diversion for who they really want so that other schools that need a new coach won't try & snatch him up. Overall it doesn't make sense to me why he'd leave. Outside of $$$ he's set up nice. Great facilities, potential top 5 recruiting class, & a potential championship contender next season. Everyone keeps saying $$$ but there is something called "peace of mind." Jimbo strikes me as a peace of mind type person.
 1 year ago '11        #3974
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,354 | Props total: 144 144
I fu*k hope not but i think jimbo gone. Any other job I'd be like hell no but he love Louisiana like he do tally. Before Les Miles was even thought about being fired I read an article and jimbo said LSU got a really really special place in his heart. Kinda emphasized it.

I'd be pissed if he left but we still FSU we gonna eat regardless
 1 year ago '13        #3975
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
VIP Scoop: Official visit plans for Franks

On Monday evening, Crawfordville (Fla.) Wakulla four-star pro-style quarterback Feleipe Franks backed off his pledge to LSU.

Florida is considered the favorite at this time. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound signal-caller has visited Gainesville for their past two home game weekends and is expected back on Saturday for the game between the Gators and Florida State. All of those visits, including this weekend's upcoming visit, have been unofficial visits.

A commitment to Florida isn't out of the question following this weekend's upcoming visit to Gainesville.

If he decides to wait on making a pledge, a source with knowledge of Frank's recruitment tells Noles247.com that at this time, his official visit plans are Florida State during the weekend of December 4th and Florida on the following weekend (Dec. 11th).

Franks and Wakulla remain in the hunt for a state championship. If they advance to the Class 5A State Championship, they will play on Friday, December 11th, in the afternoon slot. So that would not interfere with official visit plans.

December 14th begins a dead period.

Franks, a U.S. Army All-American, is expected to be an early enrollee.

The 247Sports.com Crystal Ball has Florida claiming 81-percent of predictions. FSU and LSU each claim equal shares of the remaining 19-percent.

Franks is ranked by the 247Sports.com Composite as the No. 45 prospect in the nation and No. 5 pro-style quarterback.
 1 year ago '13        #3976
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
Tuesday FSU practice update

Florida State continued preparation for Florida on Tuesday afternoon.

Injuries: Linebacker Ro'Derrick Hoskins is watching from the sideline.

Defensive end Chris Casher has a boot on his left foot.

Running back Mario Pender and defensive tackle Derrick Mitchell are not in attendance.

Observations: Running backs Freddie Stevenson and Johnathan Vickers are participating but are wearing blue non-contact jerseys. Stevenson seems active but Vickers is limited.

Dalvin Cook is participating. He had both ankles heavily wrapped.

Linebacker Reggie Northrup also is wearing a blue jersey.

Chad Mavety is working with the first-team offensive line.

Tight end Mavin Saunders is back and appears to be practicing as a full participant.

Speaking: Coach Jimbo Fisher and a few players will speak after practice.
 1 year ago '13        #3977
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 mester said:
I fu*k hope not but i think jimbo gone. Any other job I'd be like hell no but he love Louisiana like he do tally. Before Les Miles was even thought about being fired I read an article and jimbo said LSU got a really really special place in his heart. Kinda emphasized it.

I'd be pissed if he left but we still FSU we gonna eat regardless
If he left, I don't know where we would turn to get a HC. Richt? I mean I don't see another coach I would want besides Saban (which he has the best job in college). Let's just hope we don't lose him and he stays put in Tally!
 1 year ago '05        #3978
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
I like Franks but i'll stick with Francois and Henry......no way he's comin here with them 2
 1 year ago '13        #3979
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
I like Franks but i'll stick with Francois and Henry......no way he's comin here with them 2
There's a chance he comes to Tally. Don't be shocked if he does and Gavin recommits. The thinking is Maguire or JJ might transfer next year because he's (JJ) behind on the depth chart and wants to go somewhere he might have a better chance to play and if he doesn't they still need the depth where Franklin transferred, Johnson got kicked off the team, Locksley went to UT, Treon went to UF the year before. After this yr, we aren't taking a QB until the class of 18 enrolls and that's Joey Gatewood (which is turning into the next great QB we may have after Henry & Francois). Yes I would rather have Malik anyday but if we can add two, I'll take them both.
 1 year ago '05        #3980
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
all I know is Franks must believe he's the real deal himself if he's willing to come...but i'll believe it when I see it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago