Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (1 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '05        #341
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
MOODY k!llED THAT f*ggot TRAITOR DARIOUS CUMMINGS

CamErv75 ‏@KillaCam9898
Dang @UF_DC3 u dogging #FSU now? Lol it's like that?

El Moody ‏@NickMoody10
@KillaCam9898 he was too soft to play with us
 4 years ago '06        #342
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
 MRS. RONDO said:
Kirkland committed to Miami............Thomas next
source?????????

also let me add this guy who called

4 years ago '05        #343
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
Pretty sure it's a rumor that circulated in one of the forums, waitin to announce til nsd

Ykno it's not for real until carroll tweets welcome to the u!

01-28-2013, 05:39 PM         #344
eramos4817 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FSU impresses 4-star WR Cunningham
January, 27, 2013
JAN 27
9:20
PM ET
By Corey Long | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS3EMAILPRINT
Florida State isn't often mentioned as a leader when discussing the top programs for ESPN 150 wide receiver Jordan Cunningham (Davie, Fla./University School) but the 6-foot-2, 180-pound senior took an official visit to Tallahassee this weekend. Did the Seminoles improve their chances?

Jordan Cunningham
Wide receiver
Uncommitted: List

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
84Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cunningham, who has taken previous official visits to Stanford, Vanderbilt and Oklahoma State, says all the programs recruiting him are even as he heads into a signing-day decision.

"I had a good time at Florida State, and I learned a lot of things about the program I wasn't aware of," Cunningham said. "We met with the academic advisors and talked a lot about the programs they offer.

"I was already a big fan of the football at the school, so this was about more than football for me. I was impressed."

Cunningham says he hung out with safety Karlos Williams and wide receiver Rashad Greene for most of his trip.

He does not have an official visit scheduled for Feb. 1 but says he might take a short trip to Miami. Cunningham will make his decision on signing day.
 01-28-2013, 05:43 PM         #345
eramos4817 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hoefeld has 'great' visit to FSU
January, 28, 2013
JAN 28
7:00
AM ET
By Corey Dowlar | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
The commitment of Ryan Hoefeld (New Orleans/Brother Martin) wasn't in doubt before his official visit to Florida State this weekend.

And it certainly won't be afterward, either.

Ryan Hoefeld
Offensive center
Committed: Florida State
Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
78New Orleans, LA
The three-star center, strong in his decision since July, said he couldn't have hoped for a better trip.

"It was great," he said. "If I had to re-do this process again, I know that I would pick Florida State again. It was just an awesome visit. I am sure that it was a great decision -- it was all just great."

The coaching turnover didn't affect Hoefeld too much given the fact his position coach, Rick Trickett, remained on staff through the turbulence of the past month. Dameyune Craig, his original recruiting coach, departed to Auburn.

But Hoefeld's approach was less focused on the coaches and more on the school and the team.

"I mean, Coach Craig was my recruiting coordinator and some of the other coaches leaving, it didn't really play a factor with me," he said. "You know, I understand the business of college football. It really wasn't too big of a deal, the new linebackers coach, coach [Charles] Kelly, he was my recruiting coach at Georgia Tech. We have a pretty good relationship. I met with coach [Randy] Sanders, met with coach [Billy] Napier, they are all really good guys."

Official visits afford recruits with some one-on-one opportunities to meet with the head coach. Hoefeld took advantage of his as best he could with Seminoles head coach Jimbo Fisher.

"We just chatted about a bunch of different things and today, before I left, he just made sure that we were good and that it was really important to him that I come there," Hoefeld said. "We went over the applications and everything like that yesterday to get a jump-start on it. He's pretty excited and said that he thinks I look great and all of that."

Slightly undersized when he camped at Florida State this past summer, Hoefeld has since worked hard to add size and strength. If how he checked in this weekend is any indication, being undersized next fall won't be an issue.

"We actually weighed and measured there and I was a little over 6-2 and weighed in at 287," Hoefeld said. "I have been putting in some work. They don't want me to gain any more weight, really. I will come in and they will put the weight on me, but I have been working hard and going through this process. Coach Trickett always tells me to not worry about the scale."
 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM         #346
eramos4817 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Green has eye-opening official to FSU
January, 27, 2013
JAN 27
6:17
PM ET
By Corey Long | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
ESPN 150 running back Ryan Green (St. Petersburg, Fla./St. Pete Catholic) has been committed to Florida State since June, but with all the coaching changes in Tallahassee the 5-foot-10, 190-pound senior wanted to take his official visit this weekend and make sure FSU was the place for him.

Ryan Green
Athlete
Committed: Florida State

Pos RkStarsGradeHometown
88St. Petersburg, FL
According to Ryan’s father, Vader Green, it’s all over now. Green will be signing with Florida State in less than two weeks. The four-star prospect will not take more visits.

“Ryan saw what he needed to see and he said it was time to shut things down,” his dad said. “There have been a lot of coaching changes in Tallahassee but we always said that if Jimbo Fisher was here and Ryan was his guy we were solid.

“And Coach Fisher stated it again; he said Ryan is his guy and had been his guy from the beginning.”

And with that, Ryan Green went from being recruited to being a recruiter. He focused much of his attention this weekend on five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas.

“Ryan and Matthew talked quite a bit and they seemed to hit it off,” Vader Green added. “ I know he’s a big target for FSU so I hope they are able to land him.”

Green said that his son also spent a lot of time with safety Karlos Williams.

“They talked about their experiences especially their time at the Under Armour Game,” Green said. “Karlos had a touchdown in that game a few years ago and they talked about the competition and everything. It was a nice time.”
 4 years ago '04        #347
UnFaZeD 
space
space
space
$1,730 | Props total: 0 0
Golson decommitted...this damn recruiting class had so much potential at one point, wtf...
 4 years ago '08        #348
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
Austin Golson has decommitted.

The only positive is Wilson Bell from UCF has also decommitted and I like FSU's chances with him
 4 years ago '11        #349
klutch2381 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 8 8
Wow, this OL class is going to be trash.
 4 years ago '05        #350
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Trickett is a f*ggot........yay another bum like Wilson we stealin UCF n Minnesota recruits now lookin like Miami
 4 years ago '05        #351
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Jimbo is a f*ggot too
 4 years ago '05        #352
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
committed to us for 2 years n then drops us a week before signing day sh*t is sad
 4 years ago '07        #353
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Cmon yall been thru recruiting before aint sh*t offical till them LOIs are signed
 4 years ago '10        #354
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Cmon yall been thru recruiting before aint sh*t offical till them LOIs are signed
FUK ole miss...this doesn't make sense...committed for almost two years and then decommits after a visit with them. Has nothing to do with FSU and coach Tricket...it's Ole Miss cheating.
 4 years ago '05        #355
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,471 | Props total: 1822 1822
 MRS. RONDO said:
committed to us for 2 years n then drops us a week before signing day sh*t is sad
yeah, i don't get that sh*t mang...been on board for so long to just dip out at the last minute
 4 years ago '08        #356
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,625 | Props total: 258 258
its ok we'll just switch some super sleepers from eastern wyoming state and alaska technical. golston who?
 4 years ago '11        #357
klutch2381 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 8 8
Latest on Thomas after official visit, Golson notes

How much did Matthew Thomas' official visit help the 'Noles despite the departure of lead recruiter James Coley? We hear that it is not going to be that big of a bump for the 'Canes as we all expected when the news of Coley leaving broke. Those in the Thomas camp feel this recruitment comes down to Matt's mom. We hear she has the most confidence and comfort with Jimbo Fisher, along with the FSU staff. We hear Matt's mom got to know Jeremy Pruitt more - like his expectations of players, the type of person he is and that alone helped FSU's chances because previously the discussions had been quick and not as detailed.

Miami is still the hometown team but it's a tight battle here. This one is coming right down to the wire and if you held a gun to my head I would give FSU the very slight edge because of how much his Mom will have an affect into the recruitment and that she feels comfortable with Fisher but it is very tight. This one will come right down to the wire I'm told with neither side feeling totally comfortable at this stage. Get the impression FSU, more so a little than Miami but that feeling goes up and down. There are still in-home visits left and it will come down to comfort level with the coaches. However, more people in the South Florida area still feel he stays close to home, while others close to Thomas feel that Mom's feeling for Fisher pushes him to FSU. Like I said a very tight battle.

While I believe FSU can possibly pull this off, I'm not as confident for OT Denver Kirkland. After the Florida game, he told the FSU staff he was coming, but that is when Coley was here. Coley's departure does hurt some and there isn't as much of a push around his mom like in Thomas's case so therefore I expect Kirkland to select the Canes.

The 'Noles were dealt a big blow on Monday evening when OT Austin Golson decommitted from Florida State and is down to Ole Miss and FSU. He is expected to pick Ole Miss. We hear the reason is he has a lot of family and friends that were going to be at Ole Miss. This is a bitter pill to swallow for Rick Trickett and the Seminoles. FSU now has two offensive line commits - guard Ira Denson and center prospect Ryan Hoefeld. The 'Noles hoped to take five or six lineman in this class.

Don't expect Bellamy to be a part of this class

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this, but sources that I trust tell me that Davin Bellamy is not expected to be a part of this class. I will cover the specifics after signing day, but I would be very surprised if he's in there. Although Bellamy still calls himself a commitment, I believe he will end up at Georgia - unless it decides to pass on him at the last minute (i.e. get a more preferred target at the same position). Tennessee is another option, but I highly doubt it will be FSU. I'm told from there is very good confidence in several options to round out the defensive ends position. I will add that this news was picked up a few weeks ago.

At this point, I can say the confidence is average for FSU with defensive target Tashawn Bower. He has stayed in very consistent contact with Sal Sunseri, who visited him on Monday. I hear the entire staff, including Jimbo Fisher, calls twice a week. I've also confirmed that FSU would like to bring in four defensive ends for this class if it can pull it off but if he follows through on that final visit to Auburn this weekend that's still going to be tough over taking the Tigers based on the people I've spoken with close to Bower and that it would be the last visit, along with the fact that it's an unofficial visit that he's paying on his own dime.

Offensive line options?

At this point, it is slim pickings. FSU has three commitments and is hopeful for at least two more and three would be ideal. The first question I always get is ? what happened with Laremy Tunsil? I hear his Mom got a bad first impression of FSU and never overcame that. Also, Laremy's girlfriend was a big Gator fan, so that probably didn't help the situation. For those that care I'm actually hearing that he picks Ole Miss if signing day were today. With offensive line I would say at this point

FSU is sitting with the lead over Auburn for Wilson Bell and the talented lineman told me he may take a visit to Ole Miss this weekend. He really loved Rick Trickett. Bell got a good vibe with the Auburn staff, but I don't think he got that same connection he had with Trickett. Look for FSU to do an in-home visit with Rick Trickett and Jimbo Fisher likely later this week. I will also add in talking with a few sources at Ole Miss if they do land Tunsil, Golson as previously noted they will probably cancel or won't consider Bell.

Rivals250 OL Deion Mix decommitted from Mississippi State today and FSU has always been one of the teams on his list. So, look for Trickett to stop by soon to check in on him. He is a right tackle by the way.I haven't been given any names, but look for Florida State to have some new targets on the radar from the East Coast, as well as around the Georgia area for the offensive line position. There should be some new names emerging in the next day or so. Once I nail down some of the names, I'll immediately post it on the board.

I also hear that FSU is not giving up easy when it comes to Ohio State DT commitment Donovan Munger, who visited a couple of weeks ago. The 'Noles feel he can play offensive line. Although he's solid to Ohio State, I expect FSU will visit him and still make a strong push for him as an offensive lineman. He is expendable to the Buckeyes I'm told regarding their class but you still would have to think he sticks at this stage. Another offensive lineman to watch is Nick Haynes from Niceville, Fla. Rick Trickett dropped by on Monday, but has yet to offer.

Rivals250 Athlete still visiting?

As of 6:15 p.m. on Monday evening, Myles Jack is scheduled to take an official visit to Florida State. He has a lot of family in the South and he was the one that reached out to the FSU staff. The FSU side felt good heading into this visit, a.ssuming he follows through. FSU likes him as an outside linebacker or power back. Jack is a UCLA commitment and we hear the Bruins are trying to push hard for he and his family to not take the visit to Tallahassee and he is thinking about not going on the visit we are told because of family pressure on the West coast and the fact that the Bruins have been there all along. FSU is expected to visit again this week.

Where does FSU stand with remaining targets?

We hear that FSU is still the heavy favorite for Stacy Coley and Keith Bryant. Both prospects have already given a little bit of an indication to the staff about their feelings of where they want to be. Look for Coley to get an in-home from Fisher probably on Wednesday. Coley had a solid visit to South Florida and likes the new staff there. The Bulls made him feel very comfortable during his visit. However, a source close to the family has told us as long as Dawsey is at FSU, the 'Noles will be tough to beat. Bryant's in-home visit should be the following day on Thursday.

As you saw today, Miami and FSU visited Augustus Edwards. While he's technically a Syrcause commitment, we believe Gus gave the staff some good news when he visited two weeks ago and he just named FSU his leader publicly. He will visit Miami this weekend, but I believe this one is simply for fun. I haven't heard any change lately on the Jalen Ramsey sweepstakes. There is confidence from the FSU side here, not strong but good confidence with their chances on Ramsey. The confidence for the Florida side is "decent", but not strong at this point. We hear Jimbo Fisher and Jeremy Pruitt will make their final in-home visit on Wednesday. The final two teams seem to flip some lately as FSU/Florida are the main two we hear now, followed by USC. No change in that we give the narrow edge to the Noles at this time.

On Alex Collins: I thought his recruitment was done and that FSU is completely out. But this weekend, I got a note from someone close to Marvin Bracy that during the Arkansas visit, Collins hung out with Marvin Bracy (who had a track meet there). Collins has always had a relationship with Bracy. So, with Miami pushing for Edwards, it leads you to believe the 'Canes aren't completely sold that Collins is in the bag. One Miami source also confirmed that news. My pick would still be Miami but Arkansas would not surprise me, FSU would however, but I thought that was an interesting note nevertheless.

There is nothing new to report on Yannick Ngakoue, except that FSU will make an in-home visit late in the week and that he talks the most about FSU/Maryland according to those close to him. There are two things to watch here - Ngakoue feels the closest with Sunseri and likes what he sees with the FSU defense for either linebacker or end, but he's also getting a lot of pressure to stay home at Maryland. Lately, 'Noles have been pushing for him like they have room. At this point I would say he stays close to home unless FSU loses one of their linebackers like Lyons, Hoskins because yes they would take Thomas but I'm not sure anyone else would be necessary to take five linebackers compared to other positions.

Regarding four-star running back Johnathan Ford (New Hope, Ala.), we hear Pruitt is looking to have an in-home with him Monday night and if FSU pushes as expected, look for an official visit to be set up for this weekend. This recruitment looks very similar to the Nate Andrews recruitment, where Ford has a longtime relationship with Pruitt. If all goes well, I would add him to this class. We are told FSU, Georgia and Tennessee are the teams I hear in this race for Ford lately. Auburn is in the mix as well I'm told.

Finally, don't expect tight end Arshad Jackson from Lovejoy, Ga. to be in this class. He is expected to select Ole Miss, but I hear it might be tough for him to get in there as he has some grade concerns with both test scores and grade point average.

I know not a strong finish from what I'm seeing guys and I wish I had better news to report for you but it appears the coaching moves has hurt FSU in other schools jumping on the losses and has used this greatly against them. With the staff being together for a full year I expect things to get back to normal next season for 2014. I will add that EJ Levenberry's father made it clear that EJ will be at FSU but no word if he would take a remaining Tennessee visit.
 4 years ago '05        #358
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Dont get hopes up for thomas please dont do it to yourself, hes goin to miami
 4 years ago '08        #359
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Ole Miss... Smh

And no I won't get my hopes up for Matt
 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM         #360
eramos4817 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Derek Tyson @DerekTysonESPN
2014 LB Kain Daub will attend junior days at #FSU on Feb. 2. #Noles
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago