Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Personality Test: What Did You See First?
46 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Melo IG post to his boss Phil Jackson
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA David Stern: There Was Never A Chris Paul To Lakers Trade To 'Void'
39 comments
@sports

section   (2 bx goons and 3 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '05        #3541
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,687 | Props total: 3795 3795
It's going to be a busy with catching up with a lot of the recruits and I'll certainly start a thread that is an update on visits. In the meantime, here are some Nuggets, notes I picked up last night on some of the visits from FSU targets for the 2015 and 2016 class after the game and even throughout the weekend.

First off, I don't get the impression there's anything to worry about with FSU commit DB Calvin Brewton. He was having a blast and everything went really well on his official visit. Brewton and even George Campbell spent a lot of time talking with DB Tarvarus McFadden on his visit. I'm told Brewton once again told the staff there's nothing to worry about and he'll be signing with the Noles. His official visit will conclude later today. He might take a few visits, but I would not be surprised if he shut things down. I'm told Brewton was going crazy on that final play of the game and called it the greatest game he's ever been at.

With other recruits I'm told well after the game nearly all the recruits stated after the game they have never seen an atmosphere like that and the crowd was deafening and that before the game the ground was literally shaking and their ears were ringing even well after the game.

I'm told everything went extremely good for 2016 TE Isaac Nauta. I fully believe he could pop soon, but we'll see when I talk with him later this afternoon or soon when he starts heading back. Saw Nauta smiling a lot with Tim Brewster and he was also talking with Tarvarus McFadden some as well. Staying with 2016 I also noticed that WR Sam Bruce, a Miami commitment was decked head to toe with FSU gear. Had Garnet pants and an FSU national title shirt. Bruce also was wearing the National title hat as well. I'm told he had a really good time at the game. His teammate RB Jordan Scarlett also had a great visit as well from what I was told late tonight. He had a long talk with Jimbo Fisher after the game and the vibe I'm told is he will certainly take an official visit to Florida State now. One source from his family told me that FSU coach Jay Graham is his favorite coach to talk with because of how genuine he is. Scarlett liked the rotation of the backs and how FSU made sure they got the backs involved in the passing game.

Five star DB Tarvarus McFadden is having an excellent time. I think this visit did the trick in showing McFadden everything they needed to. The family absolutely loved the visit and the family, including McFadden got emotional listening to the Jimbo Fisher post game speech to the team. FSU focused hard on the academics side and did a great job with always having a player around McFadden to make him feel right at home. One source told me that FSU had one of the most extensive academic pitches about the University that they have seen. McFadden also spent a lot of time with Charles Kelly and Bill Miller, both of which are heavily involved in his recruitment. Not sure what was said during an exchange with Fisher and McFadden before the game, but I'm told from a witness that Fisher gave a big smile and a little hug to McFadden after them sharing a conversation. McFadden was impressed at how physical, active the corners were. They were challenged and even gave up some plays, but he liked the general scheme of how much press coverage FSU used.

I was also told on McFadden the atmosphere was the craziest he's seen anywhere with the fans and he raved about that well after the game when the players went out on town or were just hanging out with each other. Jalen Ramsey handled a lot of the hosting stuff with McFadden so I'm a.ssuming he was the host or at least one of the main guys. McFadden will have another long meeting today with Fisher before leaving. In addition, McFadden was quite excited when he got a chance to meet a lot of the former greats at FSU after the game. One source told me "It couldn't have gone more perfect". I hope to catch up with McFadden later today, who is expected to leave later this afternoon. Today will be mostly about him seeing a big look at the Dorms and the campus and spending even more time with the other defensive backs.

While McFadden had a great trip I'm told told DaVante Davis had an even better time than McFadden in how much he talked up Florida State and his love being around the players. Davis even talked about what he would do in the secondary and didn't speak in possible terms. He mentioned when to a few people on the visits in talking about his fit there. Davis was also impressed with the amount of press coverage the corners used in the defensive system under Kelly. Matthew Thomas was involved in the hosting with Davis as was Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane. Lane is quite tight with Davis and Davis is also tight with Bobo Wilson. One of the biggest things that impressed Davis on the visit was the people at Florida State. He told a few people on the visit that he's never seen a closer knit of players and even coaches, admin on a college visit. It was genuine and it isn't just the players, but all the admin. They were always around each other and that really hit home with Davis.

Now one of the biggest names for the 2016 class was DE Shavar Manuel, who made the game and he really loved the atmosphere. He hit it off immediately with the other players on the team. He loved the hitting from the game and I get the feeling or vibe from those on the visit that FSU may have taken over the lead. We'll wait to talk with Manuel later to see if that's true, but with the way he acted on the visit about Florida State there's no doubt he was blown away by this trip. He hung out a lot with Mario Edwards, Jr during the visit. Calvin Brewton was seen working on him hard as well along with George Campbell, who was very active recruiting.

Staying with the 2016 class Five star WR Demetrius Robertson was having a blast and was very impressed with the offense. Not just how they moved the ball up and down the field, but how active a lot of the receivers were in the offense. It wasn't just about spreading the football around, but also how the receivers always seemed to be active with blocking or even plays in the running game. I'm told Robertson had a very good conversation with Rashad Greene after the big win. Robertson was also one of the guys openly cheering for the Noles in the recruit section during the game. FSU major 2016 DB target Savion Smith was also openly rooting pretty hard in the recruit section for the Noles. He was also decked with FSU gear with an FSU shirt, hat before and after the game. I get the impression FSU leads for him now after this visit. He was scheduled to meet with Fisher before leaving the campus. Even though Smith said he plans to wait it would not surprise me if he jumped on board sometime this season.

Lastly, Five star DT Daron Payne had a really good time and one of the big highlights was Payne seeing Odell Haggins interact with all the defensive tackles during the game. It wasn't just that the players would run through a wall for him but also how hard he coaches the players. One of his favorite players it appears was Eddie Goldman. The two in Payne and Goldman are very similar in their personalities so that seemed to make a very favorable impression on Payne, who passed on attending the Bama/A&M game for FSU. I've been told Payne has picked up his conversations with FSU lately and that it's likely he takes an official visit there. I'm told while the Alabama schools seemed to be the main favorites he's actually quite open to leaving the state. Ole Miss is also making a big surge with him as well.

Also, in speaking with an FSU source they told me that was most electric atmosphere nearly all the recruits they spoke with have been at. They added the recruits were going crazy in the locker room after the big win over Notre Dame. I got the impression nearly all of the recruits were so impressed in how the team came together and handled adversity all week long. Said the family bond is unbreakable and that was a theme I heard a lot about the visits.
 2 years ago '05        #3542
Chuck_Remixed 144 heat pts144
space
space
$15,804 | Props total: 401 401
More about the game. I think the lbs play too close to the line at times while playing zone coverage. Qbs continue to throw right behind them. They just seem too close and again I feel like that falls under Kelly. Not just that, again guys in the secondary(also the lb spot) looked way too confused as to who they have. Guys be like "Hey, you get this guy, no you get this guy, wait a minute arent you suppose to get this guy, im not sure, slide towards that guy then, are you sure? Cuz I think I'm suppose to be defending this guy" *Ball is snapped* What that fu*k is going on here? I can think of only one reason why the D is so confused........

Edwards has zero lateral movement now.lol He seems a lil too big now. Still I laughed when he was in on offense near the goaline. He straight up bulldozed the ND D lineman into the endzone.lol. We might need to do that a lil more often with the way the oline performing.

Again like we've said, Thomas being out there improved things significantly. Better tackling and more things getting blown up. And with more pt and Eligwe getting back whenever he can, you can see the upside in that department.

Was that Northrup knocking fools helmets off on the kickoff? lol I thought they were going to flag him for dancing. lol Special teams was as vicious as I've scene them all year. They almost had a field goal blocked too.

The Notre Dame tears online gave me strength last night. The butt hurt was flowing. Lmao.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 10-19-2014 at 11:20 AM..
 2 years ago '05        #3543
daoneandonly 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 114 114
report jameis is going to the nfl after this season on cbs sports. if he does go he is next inline johnathon franklin? great win last night. i wish jimbo didnt take his foot off the gas with those run plays running the clock. i think with jameis on fire the 2nd half should of stayed in attack mode and put the game away. but we won and now hearing everyone say that irish was robbed smh everyone just wants us to lose especially the SEC but we keep winning NOLE NATION!!
 2 years ago '08        #3544
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,630 | Props total: 259 259
best game all year no questions asked. and that quote by karlos! lol

jameis was always gonna leave for the nfl next year. #1 draft pick all day every day. why people act like thats a surprise? mguire or JJ will take over.

jimbo better get em ready for louiville though. thats always been the one i could see us droppin outta all of em. gotta hit em in the mouth
 2 years ago '05        #3545
daoneandonly 4 heat pts
space
space
space
i always thought he would too. i just dont see how you dont if u are goin to be a top pick.
 2 years ago '05        #3546
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
the 2 greatest to ever do it in Garnet & Gold

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #3547
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,630 | Props total: 259 259
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

true greatness.

all they need is ron sellers and you got our best wideouts of all time.
 2 years ago '05        #3548
Chuck_Remixed 144 heat pts144
space
space
$15,804 | Props total: 401 401
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #3549
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

sh*t just brought a tear to my eye
 2 years ago '05        #3550
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Went a little Florida State crazy on the 247Sports Crystal Ball after what was an “absolutely electric” weekend in Tallahassee.

Kendall Sheffield got time with the FSU track coaches as well while in Tallahassee this past weekend.

One source believes that the Seminoles could land all four official visitors that were in town that didn’t arrive already committed.

This writer made a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast for three.

The Aggies are the huge 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for the nation’s No. 3 cornerback in Kendall Sheffield, but one source person with knowledge of the situation believes that FSU is out in front at this point in the process for the Missouri City (Texas) Fort Bend Marshall five-star.

From seeing NFL scouts, to being inside Doak Campbell for the Seminoles come-from-behind win over previously undefeated Notre Dame, to hanging with players on the team including Travis Rudolph, Florida State hit a homerun this weekend with Sheffield.

Not expected to make a college decision until the Under Armour game in early January, in addition to the Aggies and Noles, Sheffield is also considering the likes of Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and USC. Texas A&M has had the blue-chipper and his family on campus several times, he's also been to Alabama and taken previous officials to Ohio State and USC.

Sheffield’s father is an important part of the decision process and he like his son has a strong relationship with the staff at FSU.

Another nice touch to the visit was on Sunday night where Sheffield had dinner, not just with the football coaches, but the Florida State track coaches, as he is one of the nation’s most talented hurdlers.

One thing to pay attention to moving forward, will Sheffield’s parents get a look at FSU?

The No. 6 defensive tackle in the class-of-2015 in Neville Gallimore had a “top-notch” official to Florida State over the weekend. The environment and atmosphere really stood out to the U.S. Army All-American, and the Jamaican connections in the FSU locker room (hosted by Nile Lawrence-Stample) were something that stood out to Gallimore as well. Living in Canada, Gallimore is the son of Jamaican immigrants. As is the case with Sheffield, Gallimore will take future officials. Florida State is battling Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida and Oregon for his National Signing Day signature.

Nothing new on the recruiting front of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage Top50 cornerback Tarvarus McFadden. Just falling in line with what Noles247 insiders Josh Newberg and Chris Nee have been reporting for months after talking with a source on Monday. McFadden is set to announce on Halloween, capping what is expected to be a huge week for the Seminoles.

With that being said, I would easily Crystal Ball weekend unofficial visitor in Top100 running back Jordan Scarlett to Florida State, as the Miami commit was back on campus, but as Nee and Newberg have been reporting, the Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas standout is not a take at this point, even if he’s say the No. 3 running back on the coaching staff’s board. That’s because, as you all know, FSU is expected to land a commitment from Jacques Patrick a week from today, with the country’s top-ranked running back according to 247Sports in Johnny Frasier already in the boat.
 2 years ago '05        #3551
daoneandonly 4 heat pts
space
space
space
What are yall thoughts of muschamp as our dfense coordinator? I read some where it could be possible since him and jimbo good friends.
 2 years ago '05        #3552
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
^^ would love to see that....
 2 years ago '06        #3553
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,695 | Props total: 12228 12228
Going to be a bust in the league just like peter warrick... broke as fu*k
 2 years ago '14        #3554
qtipp73 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$1,985 | Props total: 576 576
Muschamp gonna come and piggyback off FSU then bounce to the $EC like pruitt.
 2 years ago '08        #3555
space
space
I'm not going to allow myself to imagine a DB Class that consists of James, Sheffield, McFadden, Brewton and Westbrook. I will not imagine it until they all sign.
 2 years ago '04        #3556
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 84 84
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
I'm not going to allow myself to imagine a DB Class that consists of James, Sheffield, McFadden, Brewton and Westbrook. I will not imagine it until they all sign.
That would be pretty sick.. Can't lie.. But you're right we can't get hyped yet..
 2 years ago '04        #3557
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 84 84
 daoneandonly said:
What are yall thoughts of muschamp as our dfense coordinator? I read some where it could be possible since him and jimbo good friends.
The gators might hang that man when we go to BHG..
 2 years ago '08        #3558
space
space
I let myself get hyped over Marlon Humphrey last year. I aint falling victim to that sh*t again lol. Derwin James is a more athletic Jalen Ramsey, I'm happy with him alone. Brewton is gonna be solid and Westbrook is slept on. Had Brewton not gotten hurt in his junior season he'd be a 5* and not sure why Westbrook isn't a 4* so to add both McFadden AND Sheffield, sh*t just seems like a pipe dream. If it happens though, good luck passing on us for the next 4 years.

In regards to Muschamp coming, if he had been fired last year I think it would've been a real possibility. But unless Kelly leaves for a better job, which I doubt, Jimbo isn't going to fire Kelly just to pull in Muschamp. He's not that type of person. Now if somebody else leaves like Miller the LB coach I could POSSIBLY, very small chance, but possibly see him demoting Kelly back to LB coach and bringing in Muschamp but again I don't see it happening. I would love Muschamp to come to Tallahassee, I think Kelly is doing a good job considering all of the circumstances, I just think Muschamp is going to be the best DC in college football again and of course I'd want him here.
 2 years ago '04        #3559
UnFaZeD 
space
space
space
$1,730 | Props total: 0 0
Looks like that news about Karlos being suspended might actually turn out to be true after all. Rumor is that his pregnant girlfriend posted pictures of herself beaten up on social media and identified Karlos as the one that hit her.
 2 years ago '05        #3560
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
No wonder Los was runnin that hard vs Notre Dame...it was his last time
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
47 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
243 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
57 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
74 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
65 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
72 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy