Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '08        #3121
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
Nigel Terrel is more than likely transferring. We had him as a back up fullback going into the season. Not a real L in my book.

I hope the FAU punter graduates this summer so we can give Terrel's scholly to him.
 2 years ago '08        #3122
space
space
Josh Newberg stated that depending on how UF's season goes he thinks we could land both Byron Cowart and Josh Sweat.

And with that statement my d!ck is erect.
 2 years ago '11        #3123
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,362 | Props total: 152 152
George Campbell supposed to be visiting too. I hope we can get more into the race

Last edited by mester; 07-23-2014 at 12:34 PM..
 2 years ago '08        #3124
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,015 | Props total: 167 167
As long as Cowart is at Seffner he not coming here idc how much better we are then UF.

And I only want Campbell if hes gonna play DB
 2 years ago '05        #3125
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,690 | Props total: 3800 3800

[pic - click to view]

Daub and Pugh

[pic - click to view]

Mario Edwards

[pic - click to view]

Giorgio

[pic - click to view]

Nnadi

[pic - click to view]

Los

[pic - click to view]

Demarcus Walker

[pic - click to view]

Alec Eberle and Brock Ruble

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '05        #3126
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Javon Harrison

[pic - click to view]

O'Leary

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '05        #3127
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Tim Linafelt ‏@Osceola_Tim 36s
Jalen Ramsey was listed as a CB on the All-ACC ballot, but a lot of people said they voted him as a S. Wonder if that split the vote.

rob hodges ‏@ricobert1 9m
Jalen Ramsey is so good at disguising coverages even ACC Media don't know what position he's at.
 2 years ago '08        #3128
space
space
Think its complete bullsh*t that Darby, Josue and Ramsey didn't make the All ACC Team.
 2 years ago '05        #3129
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
B. H. ☝️ ‏@THunterOne 3m
That boy @oowins got me right with the film session yesterday... He got me reading QB 10x better
 2 years ago '05        #3130
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Think its complete bullsh*t that Darby, Josue and Ramsey didn't make the All ACC Team.
bruh our whole team shoulda been both all offense n defense....not our fault they got equal stars next to em and cant put up big stats.....we aint like the rest of them ACC f*gs
 2 years ago '05        #3131
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
I deadass wouldnt take nobody off them all ACC offense or defense teams over any of ours....I'll take anybody's punter though.
 2 years ago '05        #3132
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Oklahoma State DC Glenn Spencer on Jameis Winston

Spencer already is stressed about dealing with Winston. "That's no fun when you look at a ton of film all summer and you're not getting any answers," Spencer said Wednesday. Spencer said Winston has Andrew Luck's size, Robert Griffin III's ability to escape the rush and Colt McCoy's leadership skills. "He has all the talent in the world," Spencer said. "He's so big. He doesn't get shook. He can take a hit in the backfield. He's not running around trying to avoid. He doesn't make bad decisions."
 2 years ago '05        #3133
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Quote from one of your commits Adam McLean

"Penn State is going to be at that level to win Big Ten titles, go to Rose Bowls and win National Championships. You talk about where Florida State is now, they are the National Champs. So now guys get an offer from them and are like wow, Florida State offered. In 2 years, Penn State is going to be where Florida State is at right now. A Penn State offer is going to be that offer that everyone wants, and you could have it right now. Florida State is going to be rebuilding and Penn State is going to be right where they were at.
"In fact, I gotta give Shane Simmons a call and tell him that right now."

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '05        #3134
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '05        #3135
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
2016 Keith Gavin committed... He's a big fsu fan remember readin bout him 3 years ago.., i was wondering why he hadn't committed yet.., now you have it
 2 years ago '08        #3136
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,015 | Props total: 167 167
Darby's better than PJ to me
 2 years ago '11        #3137
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,362 | Props total: 152 152
 904Nole said:
Darby's better than PJ to me
To me too. And I LOVE PJ Williams game.. In the maryland game he was guarding 2 n*ggas like 30 yards downfield.. He had me right there.... PJ and Darby might be my to fav players.. IDK why I love the corner postion so much.. might be cause primetime

And just seen Nyqwan Murray highlights for the first time.. He might be my fav recruit.. I like his style
 2 years ago '05        #3138
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Darby the better cover corner with elite speed.....PJ the more physical hit ya in the mouth corner. they complement each other very well......Darby is bein underrated by everybody not a FSU fan though n yea that sh*t is fu*kin sickening....people are stat wh0ores...n when it's due it's due understood but for corners its clearly different....n*ggaz dont throw at Darby.

n yeah Nyqwan a savage....you off top know who he remind me of........MR RAW himself
 2 years ago '05        #3139
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Florida State commit De'Andre Johnson offered strong opinions when it came to potential teammate Deondre Francois.

Johnson committed to Florida State in July of 2012. Francois will announce his decision on Thursday.
"I don't think he will come in, honestly," said Johnson, a rising senior quarterback from Jacksonville (Fla.) First Coast who committed to the Seminoles in July of 2012. "That guy don't want to see me another four years, I'm telling you. He doesn't want to compete with me day-in and day-out, because there's no way possible he'd beat me out. You can be a camp guy and you can be a game guy. I'm a game guy.

"If he does come in, good luck to him - he'll be on the bench."

Francois, who will be a senior at Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, will announce his decision on Thursday and has narrowed his choices to Auburn, Florida State and Oregon though it's widely thought to be a two-school race excluding the Ducks.

If Francois does choose Florida State, he may not get the warmest welcoming from Johnson.

"It's my turf," Johnson said. "Every time I see him, I joke around with him. I'm like, 'dang man, you tryin' to be like me everywhere I go, huh? You got the same name, you play quarterback, you tryin' to come to Florida State. I see him at camp and I'm the only one with my helmet off. Then, he takes his helmet off to try and be like me and I'm like, 'Yo, Francois - you not me, man! You can't do what I do.'"

When Johnson committed, the Seminoles were coming off a 9-4 season capped with a Champs Sports Bowl victory, Jameis Winston was just stepping onto campus as a redshirt freshman, and E.J. Manuel was the quarterback. Now that the Seminoles are defending national champions and Winston the reigning Heisman winner, Tallahassee is in the spotlight.

Johnson believes that's what's drawing Francois to Florida State more than the program itself.

"The thing about Francois, man, is he's just a guy that wants the publicity that comes with Florida State," Johnson said. "Florida State is a major program and with that comes a lot of hype."

Regardless of any potential intra-squad rivalry between Johnson and Francois, Johnson realizes that 1) he may have to wait two more seasons behind Winston, and 2) when there does come an opening at quarterback, he'll have to compete for it.

"All odds are that Jamies will leave (after the season)," Johnson said of Winston, whom he calls a close friend and mentor. "I've prepared for Plan A and Plan B. If he stays, then I'll battle for second or third string. If he leaves, then it's a wide-open battle. We'll take another quarterback this year and it will be an open battle between him, myself, (J.J. Cosentino) and (Sean Maguire)."

Since committing more than two years ago, Johnson has been working hard to best position himself to win the starting job. He's been taking extra courses to graduate early in December, working on his ACT score and "staying out of trouble and doing the right things so I can get there early."

"I'll get about four months in before everybody else gets there, so I'll get acclimated real quick, build my body up and learn early, which for a quarterback is ideal."

Johnson is already in touch with the coaching staff on a regular basis, going over base plays to learn as much of the offense as early as possible. In addition, his relationship with Winston will only ease his transition from high school to college.

"He's been my mentor since my freshman year of high school," Johnson said. "He took me under his wing just like E.J. did him and we've been cool ever since."
 2 years ago '05        #3140
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Recruiting Mill

Yes, it's time for another Recruiting Mill. We had one a few weeks ago after the July Jimbo Fisher Camp, but so much has happened since then, it's time for one more. We also will have a Hot Board coming soon after a busy week in recruiting this week.

Francois looking good for the 'Noles?

The announcement time and date is all set for four-star quarterback Deondre Francois. His choices are between Florida State and Auburn. The Tigers have made a push recently and even got the last visit. However, the vibe is pretty strong that Francois will announce he is headed to Florida State at a July 30 2 p.m. press conference.

The interesting news is Kai Locksley's planned announcement. Many believe he will pick Texas next month because of how things are trending with Francois. However, Warchant is hearing that this is not the case. In fact, Locksley wants in at FSU. We also hear that if that were to happen, it's not completely out of the question that FSU takes all three quarterbacks - Locksley, Francois and DeAndre Johnson. Obviously, it will be a tricky situation keeping everyone happy, but we'll see how that shakes out. Regardless of who joins the class, we don't get the impression Johnson is that concerned.

Two big-time visitors at FSU this week; breakdown of wide receivers board

FSU looks extremely good to reel in Miami Central four-star receiver Da'Vante Phillips. Don't be surprised if his decision comes earlier than expected.

We also learned this week FSU is expected to host two big visitors on the receivers board. The first is Tampa Wharton four-star receiver Auden Tate. His family vacationed in South Carolina this past weekend and stopped by the University of South Carolina. However, we hear the main threat for FSU is Michigan.

Florida was in the mix and is still an option, but word is Florida told him he would be used as an H-back, or how Jordan Reed was used in the offense. That didn't go over well, we are told. Tate is pretty close to pulling the trigger for FSU and that could happen this week when he visits FSU with his family.

The second visitor might come as a surprise to some, but we hear five-star receiver Calvin Ridley is expected to visit FSU again this week, and this time he is expected to have a family member join him. His mother plans to accompany Calvin on the visit because she's never been on campus before and wants to see more of FSU. For those of you who have followed our updates, we made it clear there's a good chance for a flip.

Ridley feels really comfortable with the Seminoles' offense, it's in-state and he has a very good connection with the staff. Ridley has several friends on the team, including Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane. He is also friends with FSU cornerback target Tarvarus McFadden. We don't see Ridley flipping right away, but I've addressed before I see Ridley and fellow Alabama commitment Shawn Burgess-Becker not going to the same place, who I don't believe FSU is that interested in.

FSU will make another push for Deon Cain (a Clemson commit). He will still be a tough pull, but at this time he's communicating with FSU. I don't see FSU taking Ryan Davis at this point. Maybe if the 'Noles slipped up on a target, like Ridley, it could be a possibility. FSU's staff loves commit Nyqwan Murray, who had an outstanding camp.

For those wondering, FSU was really never that high on Tallahassee Lincoln WR John Burt, who committed this weekend to Texas. He's a solid, but not dynamic receiver. Once Charlie Strong arrived there it might not have mattered anyway as I'm told he had Texas in mind for a long time.

The last spot at receiver would be held for George Campbell, who the staff loves as an athlete. I'm told he has a very good relationship with FSU's staff and talks with Fisher and Dawsey very frequently. He's an automatic take. Although Campbell has stated this is probably his last visit of the summer, don't be surprised if he comes over for an August practice. I'm told Campbell is looked upon more as an athlete than a receiver, although he certainly would get a chance to play there.

Just a quick tight end note, I'm also told that Penn State commitment Jonathan Holland is expected to visit FSU either this week or next week. We'll see if he follows through. I believe he's a firm commitment, but intrigued by what FSU has to offer at this stage for him as a tight end.

Still looking good for Patrick, more running back notes

This isn't really a secret, but FSU is looking very good for Jacques Patrick, and that hasn't changed. I don't believe Patrick attended the Friday Night Lights event at Florida, so the Gators are not even a threat. Honestly, no team is at this stage. We expect Patrick to pick the 'Noles later this year. There's no staff he talks with more than FSU's.

As for the other backs, my gut feeling was pretty much confirmed this weekend. FSU really isn't that concerned with the second back at this stage. Jordan Scarlett calls the staff regularly. I would consider Scarlett a soft verbal to Miami and he still plans on taking visits, while Johnny Frasier, the other top back, is in no hurry to make a decision. Frasier has given the indication to those close to his recruitment that FSU is still No. 1 on his list.

South Carolina made a little push for Frasier, but we are told he didn't make the big Gamecock event and South Carolina isn't as high on his list as Georgia and FSU. N.C. State is the team that's closer to home making a push, but Georgia and FSU are the finalists at this point. He isn't in a hurry, so that makes it easier for the staff to turn nearly all their attention to Patrick.

Once Patrick is on board, you will see FSU turn the heat up quite a bit. Damien Harris is another name on the radar, but FSU hasn't pushed that hard for him lately. Is there a preference at running back for that second spot? My answer would be no. I get the feeling Scarlett would be higher, but it's not by a large margin at all. FSU would take the first back that wants to jump on board. With that said, Harris does contact the staff regularly, but Patrick is the focus and the big back they want the most.

Now to address Mark Walton, I think he is a solid possibility. He really likes the FSU staff and running backs coach Jay Graham, especially after working with him at the camp. FSU and Georgia are his top two, but we hear he prefers to stay in state and he has a lot of friends at FSU compared to Georgia. It's not a lock that Walton will reclassify (from 2016 to 2015), but it is likely we are told. If that does happen, I could see him in this class.

Walton is right up there with the other two backs in Scarlett and Frasier as first-come, first-taken. The preference would be Scarlett, so it will be interesting to see how long FSU waits to add that second back. I'm told for now the 'Noles are pretty patient.

With Walton and Miami ... obviously if he reclassifies, it looks unlikely he sticks with that commitment. Miami's contact has been quite limited, despite the rumors that it was just the Hurricanes staff being on vacation. If he stays in that 2016 class, then the chances go way up for Miami. So that's the thing to watch for in his recruitment.

News from the Trenches

D.J. Jones' commitment last weekend helped shape the class at defensive tackle. After checking with our sources close to four-star defensive tackle Darvin Taylor, it looks solid for the 'Noles to land him in August. Alabama has shown a little interest, and I get the impression Taylor might visit there, but mainly just to compare to FSU or have fun. Virginia Tech is another possibility, but FSU feels good.

Another note I would throw out there with five-star defensive tackle Trenton Thompson is that he mentions Auburn and Georgia a lot. But, I hear Thompson calls the FSU staff a lot, as does his mother. It's not just to check in; the calls are frequent. I still see him going to Georgia, but I wanted to pass that note along.

Shy Tuttle and Tim Settle are other defensive tackle options for FSU. Settle has a few grade concerns, so that is an issue with a few teams. Tuttle didn't list FSU in that top group lately. I see him staying in-state.

The big fish still left in the pond is Terry Beckner Jr., who could be classified as a defensive end or tackle for this class. He is very intrigued by Florida State and reaches out quite frequently to the staff.

Moving to the offensive line, I continue to hear positive vibes about Jalen Merrick from the FSU side. My Florida sources told me they thought he would commit at the Friday Night Lights event. However, my FSU sources feel he's a real possibility and once again confirmed that after the FNL event. I'm skeptical, but the confidence is there. It's not a strong vibe, but good enough to mention.

Then there is Matthew Burrell. I get the feeling FSU leads. He went to Friday Night Lights and it was a good visit, but I'm told it didn't compare to the relationships and bond he had with the FSU players and coaches. Ohio State would likely be the biggest competition at this point. Burrell might take one more trip to either South Carolina or Alabama.

I continue to also hear Cole Minshew is one of the top overall targets on the offensive line. He is very underrated as I've said before. If you are looking for a five-star talent, I think Minshew is your guy. After visiting FSU again, I would put him down as a very solid commitment for FSU.

Two five-star DEs a possibility

I would have never thought there was a chance for two five-stars in this class at defensive end. Josh Sweat is a possibility because of the connections to Florida State and he was very impressed with Sal Sunseri. I got the impression out of all the schools he visited, Sweat felt the most comfortable with the players at FSU. The 'Noles have a very solid and realistic shot.

I get the feeling that Fisher and Sweat's mother really have a strong connection. I still think the second visit to FSU will be important.

Prior to his visits to FSU, I did not give FSU much of a chance for Byron Cowart even though I heard rumblings about him being quite concerned with the Florida staff turnover. As I mentioned in our Tampa trio write-up this weekend, I believe FSU isn't just in the mix, but very high on the board and is now a major player. This goes beyond if Florida struggles. His mom loved FSU and showed him something no other school has, and it was breaking down every part of the playbook.

Other teams will have to do that, but Cowart will remember where he saw it first. An official visit to FSU is a virtual lock. Cowart is looking for the place, in my opinion, that's going to get him to the league; and not many can match the development and history of Sal Sunseri. That's a major plus for Florida State.

Obviously with it being Armwood High School, that's always a concern since the history for FSU getting a player from there has been extremely low. I'm told by a source close to the situation that his mom is the only influence there that matters, and if she wants him at FSU or anywhere else, that will be the only factor for him outside of his feelings.

Looking ahead to the future, I'm hearing top 2016 defensive end Shane Simmons is likely to pick FSU.

FSU still looking good for McFadden

I was also told that five-star CB Tarvarus McFadden is looking very good for Florida State. Charles Kelly, Bill Miller and Jimbo Fisher have all done a great job showing McFadden how he would be used. It's the same reason that Travis Rudolph fell in love with Florida State. He trusts the staff. Whenever he's at FSU, it feels comfortable. I'm not sure when McFadden will announce, but it would not be a surprise if it's earlier than expected. He's getting a little tired of the recruiting process and dealing with visits. We'll see if that changes once the season starts, but that's the feeling now.

There is no change on Kris Boyd. Texas A&M continues to push, but FSU feels good that he's close to pulling the trigger. He also reaches out to a lot of FSU targets and commits. Derwin James, Calvin Brewton and Jacques Patrick are a few of those names I've heard he talks with.

Boyd and McFadden are the corners that are the main focus. Iman Marshall is another one, and the interest is legit. He would be a take, but Boyd and McFadden are the guys to watch so far. Also, keep your eye on Davante Davis, who can play corner and safety. I'm told the FSU staff loves him and is also pushing hard for him. He also has very good connections with Ermon Lane as Davis used to be at Homestead.

Some 2016 notes I picked up recently

Everyone knows about top 2016 athlete Keith Gavin jumping on board, which has been in the works for about a month or so. However, I'm also told FSU isn't giving up on his teammate QB Feleipe Franks, who is committed to LSU. Franks is firm in that pledge, but there is some wiggle room there. Franks visited with Fisher and Randy Sanders last Tuesday, and that visit went really well. The line of communicating is very open, I'm also told.

Staying with quarterbacks, Malik Henry is the top overall quarterback on the board, in my opinion, by a decent margin over Franks and others. FSU's staff felt good when he left campus about their standing with Henry. He could make a decision during the season, but it could likely happen once he takes some official visits I'm told. In addition to having a strong FSU visit, I'm told Henry was quite impressed with what he got out of the visit in knowing Fisher personally. Michigan seems to be the biggest competition at this point.

As far as Xavier Gaines goes, I don't think FSU is pushing that hard compared to other quarterbacks. They like him, but not nearly as much as they do others. I believe he's Auburn bound, and that's likely to happen before the season starts or shortly after it begins.

No surprise, but I expect T.J. Chase to be in the 2016 class. He is a heavy lean to FSU. He just wants to see how consistent the staff will stay on him. I believe they will push hard for him. He could commit once he attends one of the early games this season.

FSU has always been pretty active in the Tampa area and that doesn't change for 2016. One of its top targets will be Blake defensive end Shavar Manuel. Manuel grew up a Miami fan and he's even indicated that Miami was the early favorite. However, we hear that FSU has made a strong push and the feeling is it is in a good spot at this point and that FSU holds the edge.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
161 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
124 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
29 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
170 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
44 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy